SO (Gameday VII) Solstice Scar 8-99C (Tier 7-8) (Inactive)

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps


1 to 50 of 232 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Opening posts to follow. Feel free to ninja dot.

Sovereign Court

Female Half Elf HP: 66/66 | AC/FF/TCH: 22(17)/16) | F/R/W: +8/+11/+7 l init +5 I Per +3 Vigilante 7

ninja dot


Your dot is not much of a ninja.

Months ago, agents of the Blakros Museum in Absalom stole a holy dagger—a relic of the Kellid Twinhorn following and the Shining Crusade from centuries ago. What seemed a simple dagger was key to keeping a powerful villain at bay, and the Pathfinder Society has allied with the Twinhorn following and its bold spiritual leader Medda in order to return the relic, use it to perform a ritual before midnight on the winter solstice, and stem an undead invasion.

“We are only hours away from the stone circle and our encampment,” Medda announces. ”If we are going to make it there by midnight, we need to press on. Once there, we will use Ivvora’s hilt to perform our time-honored ritual and keep evil from our lands.” Medda produces the small hilt of a broken weapon with only a fragment of its black metal blade remaining. “Let us move. There are dangers in these ancient woods: orc raiders, bears that topple trees, and worse. Stay in groups and don’t get lost.”

Grand Lodge

Truth of the Seeker || 10-00 Successes: Reporting Form | Current Status || Spell Templates

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

Months ago, agents of the Blakros Museum in Absalom stole a holy dagger—a relic of the Kellid Twinhorn following and the Shining Crusade from centuries ago. What seemed a simple dagger was key to keeping a powerful villain at bay, and the Pathfinder Society has allied with the Twinhorn following and its bold spiritual leader Medda in order to return the relic, use it to perform a ritual before midnight on the winter solstice, and stem an undead invasion. “We are only hours away from the stone circle and our encampment,” Medda announces. “If we are going to make it there by midnight, we need to press on. Once there, we will use Ivvora’s hilt to perform our time-honored ritual and keep evil from our lands.” Medda produces the small hilt of a broken weapon with only a fragment of its black metal blade remaining. “Let us move. There are dangers in these ancient woods: orc raiders, bears that topple trees, and worse. Stay in groups and don’t get lost.”

As the Kellids and Pathfinders reach the top of the hill next to the Twinhorn encampment, they notice splashes of blood and the occasional corpse dotting the landscape. Medda raises her voice, calling, “My brethren, our families are under attack! Secure the camp and drive back any who oppose you. Pathfinder allies, join us in defense of our home!” The landscape opens into a burned hillside where blackened trees stand like lifeless sentinels. A crude blockade shields the entrance to a natural cavern.

Table GMs, area H is now open. Once you have completed area H, you may proceed to areas I or J. The Deepening Shadows condition on page 14 is in effect.

Sovereign Court

Female Half Elf HP: 66/66 | AC/FF/TCH: 22(17)/16) | F/R/W: +8/+11/+7 l init +5 I Per +3 Vigilante 7

On the months-long trek, the team has been accompanied by a rather slight and meek Tien half-elven girl. She has black hair, and is dressed conservatively. She doesn't talk much, but serves tea at all meals for the team. If asked for her name, she is taken back for a moment before weakly replying that she is Hideko Ootaka. She does this in a tone that suggests that she is very confused why anyone is interested in little old her.

If asked why she is accompanying the team, she replies that: "Many Pardons, but the Pathfinder Society wishes for me to make your journey plesent by serving tea and other small edibles. I am terribly sorry if my performance is not up to your standards."

Take ten to perform tea cerimony for +7 with Masterwork Tea set=17

Sense Motive DC 21:
While she is not lying, she is hiding something.

When Medda Announces that the group is 'only hours away' and suggests there might be a fight or trouble, Ootaka seems to disappear from the group, likely lost in the massive throng of other pathfinders.

Later . . .

Perception=Take ten stealth (15)+Distance 20 feet+2= Perception check 17:
You notice that a pathfinder is clumsily following you. Though she seems quite dexterous, she seems to have no training in actual stealth

GM Eyes Only:

Ootaka is going to slip away and Transform into her vigilante identity, and shadow the group

Grand Lodge

”Kimo Vatthana” | Male CN Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +4 R +7 W +3; | Init +7 | Perc +6 | Speed 30ft | Grit: 2/2 | Active Conditions: None.

Kimo starts to pull out his gun. "We have to hurry!"

Kimo always dreamed of living the adventures he read about in fairy tales and penny dreadfuls. But such things appeared only in faraway lands, so he aspired to find adventure by following in her father’s footsteps and becoming a shield marshal, protecting Alkenstar from the hostile giants and hideous mutations of the Mana Wastes. He overcame a long series of difficult challenges her father put in his path so he could join the service. When a storm of primal magic sent the dutiful shield marshal to the distant land of Avistan, Kimo found herself in an adventure just like those he’d grown up reading. He now struggles to balance his resurgence of childhood wonder and adult dedication to justice, all while confronting his long-ignored elven blood.


Initiatives! I will copy for faster initiatives next time.

Sovereign Court

Female Half Elf HP: 51/66 | AC/FF/TCH: 26(21)/16) | F/R/W: +8/+11/+7 l init +5 I Per +3 Magical Child 7

Inititive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Grand Lodge

”Kimo Vatthana” | Male CN Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +4 R +7 W +3; | Init +7 | Perc +6 | Speed 30ft | Grit: 2/2 | Active Conditions: None.

initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Sacred Fist Warpriest 7/Monk 2 | AC: 29/22/27| HP: 73/73| Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +15 | CMB +13, CMD 35/39 vs trip | Init +5 | Perc +21 & Darkvision

Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Can we have any long term buffs pre-cast?

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Sacred Fist Warpriest 7/Monk 2 | AC: 29/22/27| HP: 73/73| Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +15 | CMB +13, CMD 35/39 vs trip | Init +5 | Perc +21 & Darkvision
Ootaka Hideko wrote:

On the months-long trek, the team has been accompanied by a rather slight and meek Tien half-elven girl.

Cool introduction. A minor point, but the dagger was stolen months ago. I do not think the trek has taken months. Regardless you have been serving us tea for a while. :)


I would say yes, anything day-length or thereabouts you could presumably have on.

Dark Archive

Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 6/Enchanting Courtesan 2 | HP 48 AC 18 ff 18 touch 10 F+6 R+4 W+7 CMD 12 Init. +4 | Portrait

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

The blond elven enchantress spends the majority of the time on the road flirting with anyone that looks halfway interesting. When the call to arms sounds, she is chatting up a tall, handsome Ulfen man. "You did what with the chieftain's daughter? Mm, how interesting. I hadn't thought to try it that way--oop! We'll have to pick this up later!"

With a quick peck on the man's bearded cheek, Ansha hustles toward the sounds of combat.

The Exchange

Scouting SOP:
Dist: 30-60' ahead of party /Move spd:20'. Stealth Scar Take10=24. Pop Take10=30. Perception Scar Take10=26 (29 v Traps)+Trap spotter Pop Take10=24+Detect Magic & Evil
UBar1/URog7, HP78/78 - AC 23, T 17, FF 23/ F+8, R+13, W+6/ CMD 23, CMB +6/ Per +16(Dk Vis), Init +9, Move 40ft
Poppy:
F/Lyrakien, HP39/39 - AC21,T17,FF16/DR 5(evil)Immune elec, petrify;Res cold & fire 10/ F+5,R+9,W+6/CMD 15,CMB +8/DV 60 ft., det evil & magic, LL vis vision; Perc +13 , Init +8, Move 30/60ft

Throughout the trip, a lithe cat-woman entertains during the evening meals performing tricks, sleights, the occasional flashy acrobatic flip, and acts of minor legerdemaine. She is dressed in a finely made black catsuit and a high-quality crossbow is set up by the performance space (for her more daring stage tricks). Performing alongside her is a tiny lithe woman with delicate butterfly wings surrounded by soflty sparkling lights and gentle rainbow arc. She is also dressed for adventure in a fine leather jerkin. The woman in miniature plays her mandolin each evening, leaving all listeners relaxed and wondrously free of the days fatigue.

The two rogues are accompanied by a large playful black and white spotted dog with a miniature trick riding saddle on its back.

"More performances tonight, acrobatic displays, magic, derring-do! The Scarlet and Poppy Show with Rusty the Wonderdog!" the tiny winged woman calls.

***

Meanwhile, on the caravan (Ootaka & others):

Sense Motive - Scarlet 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 24
Sense Motive - Poppy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

With the evenings show completed, the cat woman and her accomplice use the distraction to isolate the tea-lady in conversation, the cats eyes have lost their joviality and they now look far more calculating, like they are watching a mouse - "You almost had Poppy fooled, but I'm one of Guaril Karela's lot and I know a fake and a forgery when I see one - you are no wandering tea-lady serving up hospitality, you are a taker, but of information or coins - let's find out which; are you an unlucky spy or a wandering cut-purse?" her tail flicks with agitation.

Poppy gazes at the tea lady too, her eyes luminous.

Continuous Detect Magic/Detect Evil

Poppy signals Scarlet a heartbeat later - whether to stay her hand, or tear the throat out of an Aspis spy - who can tell?

***
Perception - Scarlet 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29
Perception - Poppy 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

"Someone stalks us!" the cat hisses and flexes her claws, Poppy sneers in the direction of the trailing shadowy figure with menace.

Initiative 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Sacred Fist Warpriest 7/Monk 2 | AC: 29/22/27| HP: 73/73| Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +15 | CMB +13, CMD 35/39 vs trip | Init +5 | Perc +21 & Darkvision
ScorchedOne wrote:
I would say yes, anything day-length or thereabouts you could presumably have on.

Ansha, could I impose on you to use one of my pearls of power to cast Mage Armor on me? Really helps my AC.

Dark Archive

Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 6/Enchanting Courtesan 2 | HP 48 AC 18 ff 18 touch 10 F+6 R+4 W+7 CMD 12 Init. +4 | Portrait

It'll be at CL7 but sure thing. She'll cast it on herself as well, since it's a 7 hour duration for her. Presumably our oread friend saw Ansha cast it on herself earlier and that's how he knew she had it prepared.

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Sacred Fist Warpriest 7/Monk 2 | AC: 29/22/27| HP: 73/73| Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +15 | CMB +13, CMD 35/39 vs trip | Init +5 | Perc +21 & Darkvision

Plus I think we have been traveling for a while...Thx!


Spoiler:
init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Everyone other than Dolamite may act before the enemies in the first round.

You see a number of what you think are undead, Know:Religion for more certainty, up ahead. One appears dry, and wasting, while the other two look like the embodiment of fury, carrying greatswords.

Additionally, a 7-hour spell like mage armor is precisely what I meant by day-long spells. :)

MAP

Map will also be at top of page and in campaign description.

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Sacred Fist Warpriest 7/Monk 2 | AC: 29/22/27| HP: 73/73| Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +15 | CMB +13, CMD 35/39 vs trip | Init +5 | Perc +21 & Darkvision

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Sovereign Court

Female Half Elf HP: 51/66 | AC/FF/TCH: 26(21)/16) | F/R/W: +8/+11/+7 l init +5 I Per +3 Magical Child 7

Leaping out from her hiding spot, a half-elven woman appears, with bright pink hair. She has a mithral chain shirt on, over the top of which is an orange tabard with the picture of a phoenix on it. The rest of her outfit is a series of orange bows with a heart theme. In her hand is an Elven Branched spear with each spear point a heart.

"Your reign of terror ends here!" she shouts. "Your vile dark energies not only threaten the great Taldor, but indeed, all of Golarion itself! In the name of all the innocent people in the world, of the pathfinders, and of Taldor, I will defeat you!" she ends her speech casting a sigil of protection as she Strikes an odd pose that she obviously thinks is cool.

"I . . . am Venture Sovereign, the ELVEN SPEAR!"

Move forward a bit and cast Shield. My Elven Branched Spear (Which has reach) is out. I can vital strike on 1 Attack of opportunity a round and I have combat reflexes)

Perception Check DC 36:
Is that Ootaka Hideko?

If you live near or around the Foreign Quarter of Absolom:
You've heard of the Elven Spear before, a Vigilante who tries to clean up corruption in the area. (She has the Renown Vigilante Talent for the Foreign Quarter in Absolom)

Grand Lodge

”Kimo Vatthana” | Male CN Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +4 R +7 W +3; | Init +7 | Perc +6 | Speed 30ft | Grit: 2/2 | Active Conditions: None.

Kimo takes out his pistol and moves closer. double move

Dark Archive

Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 6/Enchanting Courtesan 2 | HP 48 AC 18 ff 18 touch 10 F+6 R+4 W+7 CMD 12 Init. +4 | Portrait

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Ansha frowns as she catches sight of their foes.

The Exchange

Scouting SOP:
Dist: 30-60' ahead of party /Move spd:20'. Stealth Scar Take10=24. Pop Take10=30. Perception Scar Take10=26 (29 v Traps)+Trap spotter Pop Take10=24+Detect Magic & Evil
UBar1/URog7, HP78/78 - AC 23, T 17, FF 23/ F+8, R+13, W+6/ CMD 23, CMB +6/ Per +16(Dk Vis), Init +9, Move 40ft
Poppy:
F/Lyrakien, HP39/39 - AC21,T17,FF16/DR 5(evil)Immune elec, petrify;Res cold & fire 10/ F+5,R+9,W+6/CMD 15,CMB +8/DV 60 ft., det evil & magic, LL vis vision; Perc +13 , Init +8, Move 30/60ft

Scarlet delays - waiting to see what the creatures intentions are, and also who this new spearwoman is.


Ansha feels very much as though the one with the smoky eyes is a Bodak, and the other two are Ragewights. These are most clearly undead, and corporeal, though she thinks she ought to recall two other details about each.

Dark Archive

Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 6/Enchanting Courtesan 2 | HP 48 AC 18 ff 18 touch 10 F+6 R+4 W+7 CMD 12 Init. +4 | Portrait

Defensive abilities and special attacks?


Not sure what you mean by defensive abilities, but here goes:

Spoiler:
RAGEWIGHT
Immune undead traits
Special Attacks create spawn, energy drain (1 level, DC 17), rage powers (animal fury, intimidating glare, knockback, superstition, unexpected strike)

Bodak
Immune electricity, undead traits
Special Attacks death gaze
Death Gaze (Su) 1d4 negative levels, 30 feet; Fortitude DC 18 negates. The save DC is Charisma-based. A humanoid slain by a bodak's death gaze rises as a bodak 24 hours later. This is a death effect.


If I didn't correctly interpret your request, let me know. They don't have any defensive abilities per se.

Dark Archive

Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 6/Enchanting Courtesan 2 | HP 48 AC 18 ff 18 touch 10 F+6 R+4 W+7 CMD 12 Init. +4 | Portrait

"Defensive Abilities/DR/Immune/Resist/SR" is all one entry line is Bestiary entries, so I was just shortening it.

"Watch out for the gaze of the bodak with the smoky eyes! Its gaze will suck the life out of you! Same with the touch of the ragewights!" Ansha calls. She then begins to incant an abjuration upon herself. Protection from evil.


The ragewights advance and surround Kimo, moving swiftly, the bodak though is sluggish and can only advance on our heroes.

Team may act.

The Exchange

Scouting SOP:
Dist: 30-60' ahead of party /Move spd:20'. Stealth Scar Take10=24. Pop Take10=30. Perception Scar Take10=26 (29 v Traps)+Trap spotter Pop Take10=24+Detect Magic & Evil
UBar1/URog7, HP78/78 - AC 23, T 17, FF 23/ F+8, R+13, W+6/ CMD 23, CMB +6/ Per +16(Dk Vis), Init +9, Move 40ft
Poppy:
F/Lyrakien, HP39/39 - AC21,T17,FF16/DR 5(evil)Immune elec, petrify;Res cold & fire 10/ F+5,R+9,W+6/CMD 15,CMB +8/DV 60 ft., det evil & magic, LL vis vision; Perc +13 , Init +8, Move 30/60ft

Scarlet races forward, shifting to the left as she does to begin positioning up with Kimo, ready to set up a flanking manoeuvre.

Poppy flies over the ridge, getting closer to the action.

Dark Archive

Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 6/Enchanting Courtesan 2 | HP 48 AC 18 ff 18 touch 10 F+6 R+4 W+7 CMD 12 Init. +4 | Portrait

Ansha takes a step behind the spear-wielding masked stranger. She begins a low chant in an old dialect of Elven, her hands weaving in arcane gestures. After a few moments of this, a man-sized roiling ball of flame pops into existence on top of the bodak.

Flaming Sphere, DC 18: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2) = 12

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Sacred Fist Warpriest 7/Monk 2 | AC: 29/22/27| HP: 73/73| Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +15 | CMB +13, CMD 35/39 vs trip | Init +5 | Perc +21 & Darkvision

How do I watch out for a bodak's gaze? Dolamite asks as he charges into battle, using his warpriest Fervor ability to swift cast Divine Favor (+2 to hit and Damage).

unarmed strike flurry of blows: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 + 2 = 352d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 13 + 2 = 24

unarmed strike flurry of blows: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 2 + 2 = 252d6 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (6, 6) + 10 + 2 = 24

unarmed strike flurry of blows: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 202d6 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (5, 3) + 10 + 2 = 20

unarmed strike flurry of blows: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 282d6 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 10 + 2 = 17

Trip: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 26 Trip attempt on first hit. Hits after might be versus prone enemy.

Stuff about Dolamite: He has Fused Styles and currently has both Dragon and Pummeling style up. His fists count as magic, cold iron, and silver. Pummeling Style means DR counts once for all his attacks each round. Pummeling Charge means he can full attack at the end of a charge. And Pummeling Bully gives his a trip or reposition for free if/when hits if he charges. Dragon Style lets him ignore difficult terrain when he charges, and he can charge through allies. Increases his damage slightly too. Dragon Ferocity increase damage more.

Sovereign Court

Female Half Elf HP: 51/66 | AC/FF/TCH: 26(21)/16) | F/R/W: +8/+11/+7 l init +5 I Per +3 Magical Child 7

Elven spear surges forward, spear in hand, and calls out to the cat girl.
”Good idea, we’ll flank them! These vile creatures will not stand against the light of love!”
Single Move, then power attack furious focus vital strike, with reach
Attack with +1 adamantine Branched spear: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
If hit: 2d8 + 13 ⇒ (5, 5) + 13 = 23

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Summoner 8 [ HP 75/75 | AC 19(21)/13/16 | Fort +7, Ref +7(+8), Will +8 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init +4 | Perception +10] Summons-IV 0/8 - {f} Whiskers 57/57 AC23(24) { unsummoned }

From the east, you hear a shrill cry from a voice nearly out of breath.

WAAIIIITTT! as a small gnome wearing goggles and riding what can only be described as a green cat comes rushing towards the rear of the party.

Oh...wow...I thought I ... whew, Whiskers...I thought we missed them.

Wembly and the green cat share glowing gems on their foreheads.

I am sorry...so what are we facing? That looks weird, can't be good I bet.

The gnome casts a spell to create a pit beneath the shambling creature in the back.

Create Pit DC18 Reflex on rear figure.

Grand Lodge

”Kimo Vatthana” | Male CN Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +4 R +7 W +3; | Init +7 | Perc +6 | Speed 30ft | Grit: 2/2 | Active Conditions: None.

Kimo steps back and shoots one of the enemy (southern one).

to hit: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34 Vs. touch
damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

confirm crit: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24 Vs. touch
damage: 3d8 + 15 ⇒ (6, 6, 7) + 15 = 34

Grand Lodge

”Kimo Vatthana” | Male CN Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +4 R +7 W +3; | Init +7 | Perc +6 | Speed 30ft | Grit: 2/2 | Active Conditions: None.

I forget to add +1 to hit and damage from point blank shot


Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

The bodak has a bad time of things, first being engulfed in flames, then falling deep into a pit. The ragewight to what will be called the North also has a bad time of things, being pummeled to a fairly consistent paste by Dolamite. The remaining ragewight has chunks torn from him by Kimo's gun, and it is that individual that it seeks to destroy.

Attacks: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Attacks: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Ouch... that's a lot of pain.

Damage: 4d6 + 1d4 + 14 ⇒ (2, 2, 6, 3) + (2) + 14 = 29 And two temporary negative levels.

The group takes its turn, with very little left for them to do, what with a bodak in a pit and only half a ragewight left.

Sovereign Court

Female Half Elf HP: 51/66 | AC/FF/TCH: 26(21)/16) | F/R/W: +8/+11/+7 l init +5 I Per +3 Magical Child 7

”Tch” Elven spear makes an annoyed sound at her faux pas in attacking. ”You shall not escape JUSTICE!!!”
Five foot step back-vital strike power attack furious focus flanking
The mysterious woman repositions herself and takes another stab at it with her spear. She is surprisingly good at teamwork with he impramptu partner.
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Oh come on! Two fives in a row? It’s like pathfinder itself doesn’t want sailor moon to succeed!
If Hit, +1 damage from dirty fighter: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (6, 4) + 14 = 24

Dark Archive

Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 6/Enchanting Courtesan 2 | HP 48 AC 18 ff 18 touch 10 F+6 R+4 W+7 CMD 12 Init. +4 | Portrait

Flaming Sphere: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) = 9

I'm assuming the flaming sphere falls into the pit with the bodak (and if not, that's where it moves to). Don't know if he gets a save now, since he's stuck in a pit with a roiling ball of flame, but DC18 if so.

Ansha lets out an amused "Hah!" and nods at the gnome in appreciation.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Summoner 8 [ HP 75/75 | AC 19(21)/13/16 | Fort +7, Ref +7(+8), Will +8 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init +4 | Perception +10] Summons-IV 0/8 - {f} Whiskers 57/57 AC23(24) { unsummoned }

Wembly smiles back at Ansha.

I love it when a plan comes together. Well done! Let it cook for awhile down there, I say! Does anyone have marshmallows?

He urges Whiskers forward, seeing if anything else is needed.

It looks like everything is under control....Ouch, that looked painful.

The gnome draws a wand and will try to activate it and tap the gunner.

UMD: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28 vs DC20

clw wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 on Kimo.

Grand Lodge

”Kimo Vatthana” | Male CN Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +4 R +7 W +3; | Init +7 | Perc +6 | Speed 30ft | Grit: 2/2 | Active Conditions: None.

"Tnx Wembly!"

Kimo steps back takes out his other gun and shoots again.

to hit- 2 neg.lvl + point blank: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Grand Lodge

Truth of the Seeker || 10-00 Successes: Reporting Form | Current Status || Spell Templates

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

The air fills with the sound of Kellid battle cries as dozens of Twinhorn warriors join the fight! Table GMs, the Twinhorn Allies effect on page 7 is in play.

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Sacred Fist Warpriest 7/Monk 2 | AC: 29/22/27| HP: 73/73| Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +15 | CMB +13, CMD 35/39 vs trip | Init +5 | Perc +21 & Darkvision

Dolamite pummels the undead adjacent to him.

unarmed strike flurry of blows: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 2 = 242d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 13 + 2 = 18

unarmed strike flurry of blows: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 2 = 252d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 13 + 2 = 22

unarmed strike flurry of blows: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 = 182d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 13 + 2 = 20

unarmed strike flurry of blows: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 302d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 13 + 2 = 21

Confirm: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 112d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 13 + 2 = 25

The Exchange

Scouting SOP:
Dist: 30-60' ahead of party /Move spd:20'. Stealth Scar Take10=24. Pop Take10=30. Perception Scar Take10=26 (29 v Traps)+Trap spotter Pop Take10=24+Detect Magic & Evil
UBar1/URog7, HP78/78 - AC 23, T 17, FF 23/ F+8, R+13, W+6/ CMD 23, CMB +6/ Per +16(Dk Vis), Init +9, Move 40ft
Poppy:
F/Lyrakien, HP39/39 - AC21,T17,FF16/DR 5(evil)Immune elec, petrify;Res cold & fire 10/ F+5,R+9,W+6/CMD 15,CMB +8/DV 60 ft., det evil & magic, LL vis vision; Perc +13 , Init +8, Move 30/60ft

Poppy flies off the ridge and swoops around in a wide arc and into combat, drawing her longspear as she goes.

Scarlet uses the arrival of her companion as the moment to step and strike!

She rakes at the creature with her tough fingernails that crackle with electricity.

Flanking/Sneak
Final D6 is electrical
Claw 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 2 = 18
Damage 1d4 + 6 + 4d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (2, 3, 3, 3) + (2) = 20

Claw 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 = 33
Damage 1d4 + 6 + 4d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (1, 5, 3, 1) + (4) = 23

+Debilitating Injury: Hampered (Ex) Foe who takes sneak attack damage has speed halved (and can't 5 ft step) for 1 rd.

"Stay still, it will help make this quick for you" the cat taunts the creature with feline malice.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Summoner 8 [ HP 75/75 | AC 19(21)/13/16 | Fort +7, Ref +7(+8), Will +8 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init +4 | Perception +10] Summons-IV 0/8 - {f} Whiskers 57/57 AC23(24) { unsummoned }

Wembly will have Whiskers full withdraw.

I am not supposed to be this close to the front line. Now more troops are here. I will leave the fighting to the warriors.

Grand Lodge

Truth of the Seeker || 10-00 Successes: Reporting Form | Current Status || Spell Templates

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

Programming Note: Thank you for your patience, everyone. After much discussion, we have decided that the best way to recover from the system downtime is to fast forwarding through the opening part of the special (since that is the repeat from versions A and B). As such, we will be moving directly into part 4, now. GMs, I will share the updated schedule with you later today.

Together with the Twinhorns, the assembled Pathfinders manage to fight off the undead attacking the camp and make their way to the ritual site. As Medda and Anok join the group of Pathfinders around the stone circle, she assists them with the binding ritual. Medda thrusts Ivvora’s hilt into the portal, calling on Vildeis for aid. The shadow rift shrinks and closes, releasing a massive shock wave that knocks the Pathfinders, the Twinhorn warriors, and Medda to the ground. A field of dark, rippling energy remains, suspended above the stone altar. As Medda reaches out to pick up Ivvora’s hilt—the already broken blade now spider-webbed with new cracks—a supernatural silence descends. Only the telepathic rage of some unseen menace cuts through the quiet. “You dare to shut me out?” it rages. “I see you, but I do not see her. Where is the dwarf woman, Ivvora, who fought me so long ago? Has her mortal body failed at last? Has the realm of the living at last lost its protector? Know this: when the long shadows reach out again, I will grasp them and claw my way back into your world to see your flesh devoured by my children.”

Sound returns to the Realm of the Mammoth Lords, and Medda cautiously stands. “It seems that Eshimka still lives and has even left this foul scar on our world,” she declares. “If we are to believe its promises, the fiend will attack on the next winter solstice. If we are to survive, we must be ready. Nearly a millennium ago, Ivvora held the key to defeating Eshimka. By following her legends and discovering her fate, we may harness the same holy power that banished this fiend—and together end the beast entirely. When we set out, it would be the privilege of this following to have the Pathfinders at our side. But that is a trial for another day. Tonight, at last, we rest.”

Several days later...

Celebration and preparation have filled the last two days. The Twinhorns are both relieved to have thwarted the villain Eshimka and resolved to help the following’s spiritual leader, Medda, retrace the paladin Ivvora’s millennium-old steps. After hours of considering and retelling ancient stories preserved by oral tradition, Medda gathers the Pathfinders. “The holy warrior Ivvora came to us in pursuit of Eshimka, whom she vanquished and banished with the Twinhorns’ help. However, she would not rest for long, and she insisted on seeking out other evils in the area. At that time, the most fearsome threat was Grathatonhakis, an immense white dragon that lurked in the Tusk Mountains and would strike our camps. Ivvora learned what she could, left her dagger with us, and departed to slay the dragon. She never returned, and neither did the dragon. Exactly what transpired is unclear from our legends.” Medda cradles the fragile remnants of Ivvora’s dagger. “This blade kept Eshimka at bay for so many generations, and now it is ready to fall apart. Ivvora held the key to defeating Eshimka, and by learning her fate or communing with her spirit where she fell, we might harness the same power. Then we shall not just reseal the shadow fiend but destroy it once and for all! From our tales we have learned where the wyrm Grathatonhakis laired. Let us set out together to learn what happened—and who might have taken the caves since.”

The trek is long and cold, taking the group first across the tundra and then into shadow of the frigid Tusk Mountains. As the trail winds around a frozen lake, the snap of a snare echoes over the ice, and a Pathfinder is whipped into air by a cleverly laid trap. Medda scowls and announces, “Pathfinders, we have kobolds. Keep within earshot and spread out. They aren’t just a threat; they may also be our best better to finding the dead dragon’s lair.”

This begins part 4. GMs, please proceed to area K. Once you have finished, areas L and M are open.

The Exchange

Scouting SOP:
Dist: 30-60' ahead of party /Move spd:20'. Stealth Scar Take10=24. Pop Take10=30. Perception Scar Take10=26 (29 v Traps)+Trap spotter Pop Take10=24+Detect Magic & Evil
UBar1/URog7, HP78/78 - AC 23, T 17, FF 23/ F+8, R+13, W+6/ CMD 23, CMB +6/ Per +16(Dk Vis), Init +9, Move 40ft
Poppy:
F/Lyrakien, HP39/39 - AC21,T17,FF16/DR 5(evil)Immune elec, petrify;Res cold & fire 10/ F+5,R+9,W+6/CMD 15,CMB +8/DV 60 ft., det evil & magic, LL vis vision; Perc +13 , Init +8, Move 30/60ft

"Looks like we have our work cut out for us, what is the path forward?"


The group comes upon an odd assortment. There is what appears to be a dragon, as well as a group of kobolds that seem to be serving it. One of the kobolds is even mounted on a large amphibian, lending it the look of a knight. Such an odd assortment!

Party may act first. Map is updated.

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Sacred Fist Warpriest 7/Monk 2 | AC: 29/22/27| HP: 73/73| Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +15 | CMB +13, CMD 35/39 vs trip | Init +5 | Perc +21 & Darkvision

And what color is the dragon?

The Exchange

Scouting SOP:
Dist: 30-60' ahead of party /Move spd:20'. Stealth Scar Take10=24. Pop Take10=30. Perception Scar Take10=26 (29 v Traps)+Trap spotter Pop Take10=24+Detect Magic & Evil
UBar1/URog7, HP78/78 - AC 23, T 17, FF 23/ F+8, R+13, W+6/ CMD 23, CMB +6/ Per +16(Dk Vis), Init +9, Move 40ft
Poppy:
F/Lyrakien, HP39/39 - AC21,T17,FF16/DR 5(evil)Immune elec, petrify;Res cold & fire 10/ F+5,R+9,W+6/CMD 15,CMB +8/DV 60 ft., det evil & magic, LL vis vision; Perc +13 , Init +8, Move 30/60ft

Thinking of cutting through the treeline to keep concealed - is it difficult terrain? Scarlet will double move (80' movement) forward

Scarlet Stealth (moving full speed) 1d20 + 14 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 14 - 5 = 22
Poppy Stealth 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39
Hopefully with distance and bushes they wont notice!

Scarlet pushes forward with Poppy to see what is going on, and position themselves to try ambush the potentially hostile Kobolds

1 to 50 of 232 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO (Gameday VII) Solstice Scar 8-99C (Tier 7-8) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.