[SFS/Shifty]Skitter Shot (Alpha) (Inactive)

Game Master Nik B.

Dakoyo
Gazigaz
Nako
Quonx

MAPS & IMAGES


1 to 50 of 264 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

All Hands on Deck!

Don't worry, the skittermanders are here to help!


It began as a dull day aboard the Clutch, Nakonechkin Salvage's only ship, and your home for the last year or so. Your boss, the Vesk, Nakonechkin, brought the ship our of Pact Worlds space and into some of the void beyond, looking for the remains of derelict space stations or the remains of forgotten starship battles to pick through.

Suddenly, with a buzzing chime, the ship's computers registered a starship drifting in the region. Nakonechkin rushed to the captain's console and initiated a scan. An image of the target ship appeared on the screen: a large ornate green starship with brass accents. it looked abandoned and ill-suited to be so far from the Pact Worlds.

Nakonechkin quickly pulled on his space suit and grabbed a set of all-purpose tools, "This looks like an easy enough job. You lot stay here and keep an eye on the Clutch. Try not to 'repair' anything while I'm away. I should be back in a couple of nanoseconds." He nodded curtly and cycled the airlock to float over to the derelict ship.

Two hours have passed since Nakonechkin departed, and he isn't responding to your communications. Something must have gone terribly wrong - and Nakonechkin might need help!


Skittermander Soldier 2| SP 0/16; HP 12/18 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6

Nako looks to his companions. Her voice high pitched but soothingly deadly "Ugh....It been days now. Nakonechkin not back yet and I getting hungry." Four of the six furry arms wrap around her gurgling stomach.

Leaping down from a chair that was built way too tall for Nako she scampers off to get some equipment she was told not to touch. Her free hand jerks to her sharp-toothed mouth. "Oh no! Nakonechkin forgot this Doshko. We should help. Gree?"


Female Skittermander Mechanic 2 | HP 14/14 | SP 6/12 | RP 4/4 | KAC 15 | EAC 13 | F +3, R +5, W +0 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) |

Quonx looks askew at Nako. "But we ordered not to leave Clutch. Perhaps we can use the Clutch to help Nako though." Okay time for you to give up details on Nako silly computer.

Quonx stretches all six arms and walks up to the ships computer.


Quonx walks over to the ship's computer, the brightly glowing holo-screen shows the derelict green ship motionless in space, a menu of options for the sensor suite awaits the Skittermanders instructions.

Computer check if you wish to do a sweep


Female Skittermander Mechanic 2 | HP 14/14 | SP 6/12 | RP 4/4 | KAC 15 | EAC 13 | F +3, R +5, W +0 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) |

Nothing like work deciding it wanted attention in the middle of posting.

Giving the computer a once over she lets her fuzzy digits fly.
Computers: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Quonx appears to be pushing buttons whilst clearly distracted...


Samar | Female Keleshite Ranger | HP: 68/82 | AC 21*, TAC 20* Twin Parry +1 AC| F:+10 R:+8 W:+8 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Resonance: 4/4, Overspent: 0 | Perc +7 (+8 to seek) | Speed 25 ft. | Class DC 18 | Active Conditions: Forbidding Ward, Heroism

Dakoyo pauses his contemplation of the stars to smile at his wayward flock.

"Nakonechkin is taking a long time... Too long. Stars and slugs can take this long, but not vesk! We should go help him."

Dakoyo smiles at the thought. Seeing Quonx doing a poor job on the console, Dakoyo places a hand on his antique stethoscope. "You look distracted! Did you know that long, long ago, people used to cure distraction by shoving a half lemon into an open wound?" He lets out a laugh. "HAHA! So inferior to modern medicine! Now we just do this!" He walks over to Nako and slaps her on the shoulder. Then he shouts, "FOCUS!" in her ear. He smiles. "See? Helpful! And it saves us a lemon! If I had a lemon, that is."

"I will get my gear and meet you at the airlock." He smiles brightly. "OH, I LOVE a good spacewalk!"


male skittermander Envoy 3 | HP 20/20, SP 18/18, RP 3/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | F+1 R+5 W+5 | Init +2, Perc +6, SM: +6

"Yes, need to help Nakonechkin, even if he say we bad for not following orders. Helping more important than orders."


Quonx does manage to get a scan running, despite the distractions and the idea of rubbing lemons on injuries becoming the central point of conversation.

The vessels transponder identifies it as the Emerald Empyrean, a pleasure barge owned by a Vercite company called Trendsetter Excursions. The only ways to enter the ship are through two airlock doors, one on the port side near the aft, and one on the starboard side near the fore. The front airlock is sealed shut, but the aft airlock could be forced open.


Female Skittermander Mechanic 2 | HP 14/14 | SP 6/12 | RP 4/4 | KAC 15 | EAC 13 | F +3, R +5, W +0 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) |

"Do you have any lemons? I am kinda hungry now." Quonx rubs her tummy with one hand. "Nako, you strong. You could get the aft airlock open."


male skittermander Envoy 3 | HP 20/20, SP 18/18, RP 3/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | F+1 R+5 W+5 | Init +2, Perc +6, SM: +6

"No eat lemons. Lemons turn your fur white!"


Samar | Female Keleshite Ranger | HP: 68/82 | AC 21*, TAC 20* Twin Parry +1 AC| F:+10 R:+8 W:+8 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Resonance: 4/4, Overspent: 0 | Perc +7 (+8 to seek) | Speed 25 ft. | Class DC 18 | Active Conditions: Forbidding Ward, Heroism

"Lemons? Hahaha! Of course not!". Dakoyo shakes his head and activates his armour seals. "If you want to turn your fur white, you have to use pee! Soak in it for a LONG time!"

Dakoyo nods wisely.


Female Skittermander Mechanic 2 | HP 14/14 | SP 6/12 | RP 4/4 | KAC 15 | EAC 13 | F +3, R +5, W +0 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) |

"I do want to turn my fur white. I like it just the color it is. But I am hungry." Ouonx gives an involuntary shudder at the mere thought of her fur changing colors.


Dakoyo and Gazigaz await their fellow Skittermanders at the airlock, sensibly dressed for the short spacewalk across to the strange vessel.

Last actions before moving across?


Female Skittermander Mechanic 2 | HP 14/14 | SP 6/12 | RP 4/4 | KAC 15 | EAC 13 | F +3, R +5, W +0 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) |

Quonx adjusts the fit on her armor and grabs her various kits, tools, and weapons for the trip. "Do you think this might take long? All this talk has me looking forward to a good meal." She says while double checking the battery on her laser rifle and walking up to the airlock.


Skittermander Soldier 2| SP 0/16; HP 12/18 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6

Nako pulls her hidden soldier armor on over his head. All six arms pop out of their holes at once. "Ready! let's help Nakonechkin!"


Nako leads the way enthusiastically out the airlock, and in true Skittermander form, the first Skittermander to make a decision is the leader!

Tethering yourselves to the clutch for safety, you all push off to commence the spacewalk over to the derelict spacecraft. A small micro-meteoroid whizzes past your helmets, then another, then all of a sudden there is a shower of small rocks zipping past!

DC13 Reflex save or 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1) = 8 damage!


Female Skittermander Mechanic 2 | HP 14/14 | SP 6/12 | RP 4/4 | KAC 15 | EAC 13 | F +3, R +5, W +0 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) |

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"Oh look. Pretty." Quonx easily dodges the meteorites as she admires the beauty of it all. "And it is situations like this that make the need for a quantum reality spanner a great idea. Why with it I could move this meteor shower away from us. That is of course once I can get it working."


Samar | Female Keleshite Ranger | HP: 68/82 | AC 21*, TAC 20* Twin Parry +1 AC| F:+10 R:+8 W:+8 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Resonance: 4/4, Overspent: 0 | Perc +7 (+8 to seek) | Speed 25 ft. | Class DC 18 | Active Conditions: Forbidding Ward, Heroism

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

As Dakoyo glides through space he grins. 'Beautiful! Look at the... OW! YEOWCH! Look out! Cosmic space dust!"

Poor Dakoyo gets hit by the mini meteors.


Skittermander Soldier 2| SP 0/16; HP 12/18 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6

Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Nearly each and every meteor strikes the furry skittermander. Instead of making herself a lower and smaller profile, Nako takes each on head on.


Quonx glides along with the rocks whizzing past harmlessly, but his two friends are thumped - all eyes turn on Gazigaz! Hopefully the rocks don't have eyes. That would be odd.


male skittermander Envoy 3 | HP 20/20, SP 18/18, RP 3/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | F+1 R+5 W+5 | Init +2, Perc +6, SM: +6

Gazigaz watches his friends, and then it's his turn to play dodge-the-space-stuff.

ref save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Gazigaz who was coming up kast manages to avoid the nasty rocks!

The cruise ship’s outer airlock door is marked with a large Trendsetter Excursions logo (a golden rocket blasting out of a glass of sparkling wine) and looks like it can be opened using an adjacent access panel.

DC 15 Computers or Engineering check:
You notice that someone else, likely Nakonechkin, has already hacked the panel.

Actions before entry?


male skittermander Envoy 3 | HP 20/20, SP 18/18, RP 3/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | F+1 R+5 W+5 | Init +2, Perc +6, SM: +6

Gazigaz points at the access panel. "Who knows about using computers to make doors open?"


Female Skittermander Mechanic 2 | HP 14/14 | SP 6/12 | RP 4/4 | KAC 15 | EAC 13 | F +3, R +5, W +0 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) |

"Oh, I do! Now move out of the way while I work." Quonx glides into place and hooks her data jack to the panel. "So what I am doing is using a random code breaker number/letter generation system to bypass the security access code for the airlock door. You see what most folks do is use something special to themselves as a password or just leave it set to whatever the default password or code was at the time of install." Quonx says almost without taking a breath. Mean while she has also partially disassembled the access panel and is rerouting wires.

Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25


Samar | Female Keleshite Ranger | HP: 68/82 | AC 21*, TAC 20* Twin Parry +1 AC| F:+10 R:+8 W:+8 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Resonance: 4/4, Overspent: 0 | Perc +7 (+8 to seek) | Speed 25 ft. | Class DC 18 | Active Conditions: Forbidding Ward, Heroism

Dakoyo smiles. "I like stars."

He nods helpfully.


Skittermander Soldier 2| SP 0/16; HP 12/18 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6

Nako watches in amazement at the engineering skills of Quonx. A large lump formed on her head as her right eye swells shut from where she was battered with rocks. "Good job!"

Nothing from Nako.


Map up!

The airlock opens with a hiss and you move inside as the outer door shuts then the inner door opesns.

This square chamber has little in the way of furnishings, and the walls and ceiling are a clean white, while the floor is a silvery metal. Four cages are stacked in the two forward corners of the room. A heavy door leads into the airlock to the port, while a flickering holographic sign reading “Welcome Guests” floats over the door to the starboard.

Three robots seem to float about not doing much in particular.


Samar | Female Keleshite Ranger | HP: 68/82 | AC 21*, TAC 20* Twin Parry +1 AC| F:+10 R:+8 W:+8 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Resonance: 4/4, Overspent: 0 | Perc +7 (+8 to seek) | Speed 25 ft. | Class DC 18 | Active Conditions: Forbidding Ward, Heroism

Dakota reads the sign then smiles. "Welcome? How nice! They must be happy to have us!" He wanders into the room and waves hello to the robots. "Hi nufriend! I'm Dakoyo! Have you seen a big angry vesk around here?"


“Error! Pets must be placed in approved carriers before boarding the Emerald Empyrean. Initiating containment protocols.”

The robots move in to detain you!

Initiative:

Dakoyo 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Gazigaz 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Nako 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Quonx 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
ENEMY 1d20 ⇒ 20

R1
Gazigaz
ENEMY
Then the rest


Samar | Female Keleshite Ranger | HP: 68/82 | AC 21*, TAC 20* Twin Parry +1 AC| F:+10 R:+8 W:+8 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Resonance: 4/4, Overspent: 0 | Perc +7 (+8 to seek) | Speed 25 ft. | Class DC 18 | Active Conditions: Forbidding Ward, Heroism

Dakoyo looks thoroughly offended! "I'm a doctor, not a pet, robot!"


male skittermander Envoy 3 | HP 20/20, SP 18/18, RP 3/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | F+1 R+5 W+5 | Init +2, Perc +6, SM: +6

Gazigaz shoots at the stupid pile of junk who compared him to a pet. (orange)

arc pistol: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


The robots attempt to pacify the pets!

Blasts of static zip around the chamber as the robots collectively open fire.

Attacks Dakoyo
Attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 - Nonlethal

Attacks Nako
Attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 - Nonlethal

Attacks Quonx
Attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 - Nonlethal

R1 Continues
Dako
Nako
Quonx

R2
Gaz
ENEMY


Female Skittermander Mechanic 2 | HP 14/14 | SP 6/12 | RP 4/4 | KAC 15 | EAC 13 | F +3, R +5, W +0 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) |

"What? Pet! No, no, no, no! Stupid, poorly programmed, scrap heaps. I am going to have to fix that mistake." She says just before getting zapped. "Ouch!"

Quonx raises her azimuth laser rifle, pops her reticle over her right eye, overcharges the shot, and fires on the robot that struck her.

Ranged Attack: Azimuth Laser Rifle, Combat Tracking: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: Fire, Overcharge: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + (1) = 6
Burn: 1d6 ⇒ 3


I think Overcharge is a standard action, so it would be OC or shoot this round, but on a side note you crit hit so it's double damage and your effect so 1d8 ⇒ 7

Quonx nails the robot with a well-aimed shot, and as the fire takes hold the robot falls in a pile of broken and scorched parts.

R1 Continues
Dako
Nako
Quonx - Attacked

R2
Gaz
ENEMY

Red: 0
Yellow: 0


Skittermander Soldier 2| SP 0/16; HP 12/18 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6

Nako lets out a high pitches screech as she draws a small staff from her back. The staff leaps to life as the power pack is activated. A trio of ember plasma spits out. "Nufriends not nice!"

Ember Flame Doshko vs Yellow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage (Fire): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


The doshko slams a mighty dent into the side of the robot whilst the flames blast away the pristine paint leaving glowing scorch marks on the metal underneath - the robot sparks a lot but is still operational!

R1 Continues
Dako
Nako - Attacked
Quonx - Attacked

R2
Gaz
ENEMY

Red: 0
Yellow: 10


Samar | Female Keleshite Ranger | HP: 68/82 | AC 21*, TAC 20* Twin Parry +1 AC| F:+10 R:+8 W:+8 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Resonance: 4/4, Overspent: 0 | Perc +7 (+8 to seek) | Speed 25 ft. | Class DC 18 | Active Conditions: Forbidding Ward, Heroism

Dakoyo whelps in pain. "Yeowch!" he says as he holds out his hand towards a nearby tool on the floor. "Before the age of modern medicine they would beat stupid guys like you with a rock! HA! Now we use the right tools for the job!"

Dakoyo whips his arms around grandly and flings that tool at the robot with his mental powers. Telekinetic projectile.

Attack vs. KAC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


male skittermander Envoy 3 | HP 20/20, SP 18/18, RP 3/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | F+1 R+5 W+5 | Init +2, Perc +6, SM: +6

"Not nu-friends! They call us pets!"

Gazigaz then shoots at the red robot.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
damage, E: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Gaz manages to tag the robot, which loses a few decals and some gloss.

Dakoyo misses with his projectile.

The pair then try grab Nako to stick him in a cage!

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Neither has any luck!

R2 Continues
Dako
Nako
Quonx

R3
Gaz
ENEMY

R: 2
Y: 0


Female Skittermander Mechanic 2 | HP 14/14 | SP 6/12 | RP 4/4 | KAC 15 | EAC 13 | F +3, R +5, W +0 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) |

"Leave Nako be! She is not a pet you darn techno junk!"

Quonx raises her azimuth laser rifle, keeps her reticle over her right eye, and fires on the red robot.

Ranged Attack: Azimuth Laser Rifle, Combat Tracking: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: Fire: 1d8 ⇒ 5


The robot fizzes and pops as more of its exterior cladding gets scorched by laser fire!

R2 Continues
Dako
Nako
Quonx - attacked

R3
Gaz
ENEMY

R: 7
Y: 0


Samar | Female Keleshite Ranger | HP: 68/82 | AC 21*, TAC 20* Twin Parry +1 AC| F:+10 R:+8 W:+8 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Resonance: 4/4, Overspent: 0 | Perc +7 (+8 to seek) | Speed 25 ft. | Class DC 18 | Active Conditions: Forbidding Ward, Heroism

"Hey!" Dakoyo grumbles, "Leave Nako alone!"

He waves his hands dramatically and hurls another nearby tool at the robot with his mind!

Ranged Attack vs. KAC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

"Stop moving!"


male skittermander Envoy 3 | HP 20/20, SP 18/18, RP 3/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | F+1 R+5 W+5 | Init +2, Perc +6, SM: +6

Gazigaz gets a naughty grin on his face as he shoots at the same (red) robot again.

"If we pets, we have rabies!"
attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Skittermander Soldier 2| SP 0/16; HP 12/18 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6

Did yellow repair itself?

Nako continues to hack at the yellow robot. "Pet doesn't sound so bad. Pets help!"

Ember Flame Doshko vs Yellow: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 4 = 18
Damage (Fire): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Ember Flame Doshko vs Yellow: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 4 = 8
Damage (Fire): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Yellow invoked the magic of missed typing :)

Dakoyo misses with another loose tool, but Gaz zaps the robot with ease!

Nako swings and realises that the robot was still damaged, it had just turned around and he was just staring at a yet-to-be damaged panel. He damages that panel and the robot stops.

He uses the follow through to fold in the front panel on the other robot too, That robot also has a message light up on its diagnostic screen - 'tilt'.

End combat

***

A feminine and soothing voice is heard echoing through the ship:
“Attention passengers, this is M2, your ship’s artificial intelligence. Scans indicate that a handful of pets have escaped their cages and are running loose. If you spot one of these errant animals, please contact the nearest porter robot. Thank you.”


Samar | Female Keleshite Ranger | HP: 68/82 | AC 21*, TAC 20* Twin Parry +1 AC| F:+10 R:+8 W:+8 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Resonance: 4/4, Overspent: 0 | Perc +7 (+8 to seek) | Speed 25 ft. | Class DC 18 | Active Conditions: Forbidding Ward, Heroism

"I am not a PET!" Dakoyo corrects helpfully.

Then he looks over his friends wounds. "Any lasting boo-boos?"

No one took hp damage, right? Just sp?


Female Skittermander Mechanic 2 | HP 14/14 | SP 6/12 | RP 4/4 | KAC 15 | EAC 13 | F +3, R +5, W +0 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) |

Quonx begins looking around the airlock for a computer access panel. "If I can just find an access panel perhaps I can reprogram the computer to not identify us as pets."

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


male skittermander Envoy 3 | HP 20/20, SP 18/18, RP 3/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | F+1 R+5 W+5 | Init +2, Perc +6, SM: +6

"Good job, Skitter-friends! We need to open door to find nu-friends, and also cranky vesk boss."

1 to 50 of 264 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS / Shifty]Skitter Shot (Alpha) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.