[SFS/Shifty]#1-05 The First Mandate (Inactive)

Game Master Nik B.

Maps & handouts


1 to 50 of 287 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Gameplay thread for the First Mandate, please dot in!

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Caro Cogitatus dotting in. Thanks for having me, Shifty!


The First Seeker’s meeting room is a lavish space, with several lush couches and armchairs surrounding a wide, low table.

First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo appears uncharacteristically extravagant, having exchanged her typical stationwear for a sleek, fashionable suit in a shade of copper that matches the Starfinder Society logo emblazoned on the table. Behind her stands the towering vesk leader of the Acquisitives faction, wearing a suit of ceremonial armor.

Luwazi smiles and gestures to the seats. “A pleasure to see you all. I trust you’ve heard about tonight’s gala? I have a rather important announcement to make, so we’ve decided to use the opportunity to entertain and impress representatives of the various interests who have helped the Starfinder Society through our setbacks with the Scoured Stars Incident."

“That’s where you come in. As some of the shining stars of the newest Starfinder Society agents, I’d like to have you mingle with the guests so they can see for themselves what we’ve been able to accomplish. It’s nothing too fancy; I’d just like you all to be polite and talk about some of your experiences with the Society so far. We’re expecting some government dignitaries, investors, corporate interests, and the like, so be sure to stay on your best behavior. Also, don’t be afraid to brag a bit—it’s our goal to impress them.”

“But don’t be stupid,” the armored vesk breaks in. Luwazi Elsebo glances over her shoulder and grins. “Have you all met Radaszam? He’s certainly someone else you should be trying to impress.”

Radaszam scowls. “Events like this never go as planned. Luwazi’s contracted one of my merc outfits, the Obsidian Spiders, to provide security for the night. I want to make sure that if anything goes down, you’re working with my agents, rather than us all tripping over one another. So stay alert, but if anything happens, make sure you’re talking to me about it rather than jumping in blindly.”

The First Seeker nods and picks up the datapad. “I’ve singled out five guests who I would really like to make a good impression with. These folks should be your priority tonight, so I’ve compiled basic information about each of them here. Things will start up in about an hour in the Skyreach Room. Any questions before we go?”

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Analyzing...reticulating splines...

The somewhat dapper android thinks for a moment, then speaks up.

A question, if I may? I may not speak for my soon to be teammates, but my specialty is...Query: polite conversational synonym for "organized violence in achievement of a goal"...Result (0.032ms, 1672 options considered, 73% confidence): "field work"..."field work". Am I to understand that there is no physical danger expected during this assignment?


“I’m always expecting trouble,” Radaszam says, but a moment later he shrugs. “I don’t know of any plans specifically targeting this event, but my team and I have our eyes and ears open.”

Acquisitives

Male CG Human ace pilot mechanic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 ES 4/4| RP 3/3| EAC 15 KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

A man in a stylish white coat speaks up. "Really? Am I who you want for this? I can talk about my work on half a dozen planets working on disease victims, but I've only joined the Starfinders of late. I'm afraid I can't do much to tout my work here."

He nods to Elsebo, then Radaszam seemingly giving a touch more reverence to the Vesk. "Dr. Jaxon Kyber at your service. Who are these five that you're so interested in?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Android Scholar (xenobiology) Soldier 4 | SP 33/33 HP 32/32 | KAC 19 EAC 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: -2 | Speed 25ft | Arc Rifle 40/40 Arc Pistol, Static 10/10 Semi-auto Pistol 9/9 Hammer -/- |Active conditions: None.

An android with heavier armor but painted to look like a paramedic uniform looks at Dr. Kyber, Its a pleasure to meet you! I am currently a student to become a doctor myself and doing my field work with society. Its nice to be teamed up with someone who already has accomplished so much. Turning from Dr. Kyber to First Seeker Elsebo I will do my best to make this organization look good. Though, it is slightly startling you didn't pick someone more experienced for the job. But I will work with what I have and we will wow some people.

I could talk for days about the training simulator that let me play as the famed Altronus and explore the surface of the false mood. It was an amazing experience.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Akiton Human Tempered Pilgrim Solarion 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 40ft | Photon 2/3 | Active conditions: Plasma Sheath

A red-skinned man in a black vest bearing the mark of Desna and a white long-sleeved shirt with some kind of device worked into the sleeve. He looks a little sheepish when mention of being a 'shining star' comes up. "Oh, I know I did good work on Akiton, but I don't know if I'd go that far..."

By the end of Luwazi's speech, though, his face has cracked into a wide smile over the details. "Well this sounds like it is just up my alley! It'd be a great chance to talk up my newest holonovel: Back to the Red Planet: The Hunt! This is assuming it's okay for me to talk about my books, and maybe how the Starfinders help make them possible. I hope so; It'd be a shame and a waste of the opportunity!"

Ceolor's smile dims a degree at Radaszam's serious scowl. "Right, sir. I'll make sure to report to you or whomever you designate at the first sign of trouble. If I can't get away I can signal you with this..." Ceolor takes a moment to focus, before a small sphere of perfect black expands into existence beside his head. The man gives it a flick to spend it twirling around the room, before concentrating on it until it shrinks into a tiny speck again.

When Luwazi starts speaking again, Ceolor's eyes flash in excitement. "So just what kinda of people will we be rubbing elbows with?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Mercenary Kasatha Soldier (Hit and Run)/2 SP 18/18 | HP 18/18| RP 3/4 | BAB +2 | EAC 15 | KAC 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +4 | Perc +1 | Init +2

I myself am not a good conversationalist I am told A well armed and armored Kasatha bows stiffly at the leaders of the Starfinders. But I would hope that any of your guests who value the honor of a loyal soldier may appreciate my company. I am Markar and I am certain we will validate your trust in us this evening


"I am aware you aren't all the most seasoned Starfinders, but if the Scoured Stars incident hadn't occurred we'd still have those people and would be in an entirely different position. So you are some of the best and brightest we have. On the upside, you are still relatively new, and that usually suggests freshness and enthusiasm and that energy can inspire others who might also catch the flame. Keep talking about honour and loyalty, they'll love that. Talk about your work on diseases, and the opportunity to travel the galaxy and solve new mysterious ailments in exotic lifeforms... you get the idea"

Luwazi turns to Ceolor and Jaxon, "Dignitaries, corporates, investors - the rainmakers who can make or break an organisation with a few vidcasts to their significant numbers of followers or report back to their corporate headquarters. The people I am most interested in are noted on the datapad, that should give you a good overview of them". See slides

Dataphiles

Male CG Ysoki Roboticist Mechanic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Memory Module 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

A scruffy Ysoki walks into the room wearing a well used set of vidgamer clothing but still trying to remove grease stains from his hands and face.

His head cocks to the side & he begins to grin "So I don't have to fix something? drive something? or even use a computer?"

This is more like it!!"

He pauses....

"A party huh! errrr Do I need to change?" the last couple of words come out with a bit of a whine...

I haven't filled in his backstory yet but his parents named him with the intent to push him into his current line of work - which they did. Despite being very good at it, he's not overly fond of it.


“If you’d like, but it’s not necessary. You’re Starfinders, and there’s a certain air of excitement that comes along with the armor and gear.”

Acquisitives

Male CG Human ace pilot mechanic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 ES 4/4| RP 3/3| EAC 15 KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Do we even have someone with a rank in Diplomacy?

Jaxon reads through the list Luwazi had given them. "Wait, two of these are Starfinder members themselves. Why do we need to spend time talking with them? I would think they already support you."

"As for the rest, I suppose it can't hurt to mingle. Maybe we can find some common interest." His finger runs down to where one of the names is tied to CeriCore Labs.

Does Jaxon know anything about CeriCore Labs?
Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Well you guys all wanted the diplomacy scenario... :p

"They are Starfinders, but they aren't agents - you are - so what you do and say will leave a lasting impression about how they see our newer recruits. We're undergoing a huge change, and you are the face of that"


Jaxon Kyber wrote:

Does Jaxon know anything about CeriCore Labs?
[dice=Culture]1d20+6

The alien symbiote Ykris represents CeriCore Labs. CeriCore Labs, a biotech firm that specializes in direct neural connections.

Business-wise, the corporation has very little to gain from the Starfinder Society’s endeavors, but it nevertheless made a substantial donation; rumors suggest the contribution was someone’s pet project.

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Tamon is intrigued by the sentient known as ZO!

Culture: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Maybe I spelled it wrong. Is that a zero?


Any further questions for Luwazi?

Tamon is intrigued, but nothing springs to mind.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Android Scholar (xenobiology) Soldier 4 | SP 33/33 HP 32/32 | KAC 19 EAC 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: -2 | Speed 25ft | Arc Rifle 40/40 Arc Pistol, Static 10/10 Semi-auto Pistol 9/9 Hammer -/- |Active conditions: None.

Nope. Medrick is ready to mingle and hopefully impress some people. Should be interesting...


Ok, everyone who hasn't made a culture check can now roll - to see what else you might know about some of the identities and organisations

Boon Allocations: Please allocate your boons. As the two faction leaders’ presence implies, this scenario is of high importance to both the Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo) and the Acquisitives factions, you encouraged to slot one of these two factions in their Faction boon slot.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Android Scholar (xenobiology) Soldier 4 | SP 33/33 HP 32/32 | KAC 19 EAC 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: -2 | Speed 25ft | Arc Rifle 40/40 Arc Pistol, Static 10/10 Semi-auto Pistol 9/9 Hammer -/- |Active conditions: None.

One check for each or check in total? Putting down a group of rolls just in case I can ask about each.

culture rolls:

culture (Iteration -177): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
culture (Naiaj): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
culture (Royo): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
culture (Ykris): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
culture (ZO!): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

active boons(details under "my boons" in my character sheet:
Faction: Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)
Social: Faction's Friend
Slotless :Starfinder Society Care Package

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Mercenary Kasatha Soldier (Hit and Run)/2 SP 18/18 | HP 18/18| RP 3/4 | BAB +2 | EAC 15 | KAC 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +4 | Perc +1 | Init +2

I will do the same for culture rolls. DC is reduced by 5 for millitary types so Hoping that will help at least for the bleaching gnome! I've got an Abadarcorp social boon from Fugitive from the Red Planet. Slotting it!

Boons Slotted:

Faction: Second Seeker Champion
Social: AbadarCrop Acquaintance - AbadarCorp Respect
Slotless: Welcome to Starfinder Society - Tattoo of the Starfinder
Slotless: Marked Field Agent

Culture Rolls:

Mercenary theme 5 lower DC for military types.
culture (Iteration -177): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
culture (Naiaj): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
culture (Royo): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
culture (Ykris): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
culture (ZO!): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Akiton Human Tempered Pilgrim Solarion 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 40ft | Photon 2/3 | Active conditions: Plasma Sheath
Jaxon Kyber wrote:
Do we even have someone with a rank in Diplomacy?

Ceolor looks up from the data pad and gives Jaxon a small wave,,, Though being the only one in the group with the skill trained is a little worrying

Ceolor gives a small huff of air as he gets a look at the data pad. "I've never heard of any of these people... but they do have such fancy sounding titles! It'd be fun to get to chat with them."

At Luwazi's suggestion that looking a little more rugged might be a good idea, Ceolor picks at the thin and unimposing secondskin armor he had on under his writer's clothes. "Dang maybe I should change this out for that set of freebooter's armor I was looking at earlier! I'll go get a set if we get a chance."

______________
Now for boons, Ceolor is going to take the same social boon as Markar, and then his faction boon

Slotted Boons:

Faction: Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo) Champion
Social: AbadarCorp Acquaintance - AbadarCorp Respect

Sadly, unless this culture check can be made untrained, Ceolor is just going to sit and look pretty!

Dataphiles

Male CG Ysoki Roboticist Mechanic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Memory Module 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Fixit waits impatiently at the door hopping from foot to foot. He doesn’t know much about these people but is eager to make their acquaintance.

Not trained in either Culture or Diplomacy. No boons to slot either other than my factoin boon.

On a side note....Shifty can you fill out a Welcome to Starfinder boon for this character? Thanks.


You are on Absalom Station, so you can purchase items or change clothes easily enough

Giving the other a chance to chime in...

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Mercenary Kasatha Soldier (Hit and Run)/2 SP 18/18 | HP 18/18| RP 3/4 | BAB +2 | EAC 15 | KAC 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +4 | Perc +1 | Init +2

Markar will spend 5 credits on formal wear and wear it. Added to character sheet

Perhaps I will be best suited to treat with the other Starfinders and the individual from Abadarcorp Markar suggests to the others.

Acquisitives

Male CG Human ace pilot mechanic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 ES 4/4| RP 3/3| EAC 15 KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

This is Jaxon's first scenario, so he doesn't have much in the way of boons.

Slotted Boons:

Faction: Acquisitives Champion

"Well, we will do our best." He looks down at his modified doctor's coat. "Should we come as we are or find something more formal?"


Jaxon Kyber wrote:
"Should we come as we are or find something more formal?"

"As I suggested to your companion earlier If you’d like to you may, but it’s not necessary. You’re Starfinders, and there’s a certain air of excitement that comes along with the armor and gear.”


Iteration-177:
Iteration-177 is a relative newcomer to the Aspis
Consortium. In addition to making waves by urging Consortium
support of the Starfinders, they have an interest in religious
artifacts and connections.

Naiaj:
Naiaj is a bleachling gnome with a fierce protectiveness
of the Starfinders who encourages—some say demands—
competence and teamwork from Society agents. She’s a
venture-captain who served long before the Scoured
Stars incident.

Zo!:
Zo! is an undead media mogul well known
throughout the Pact Worlds, always looking for
an idea for a new show, strategies to improve
his ratings, or other lucrative entertainment deals. His organization
funded the recent Society expedition to Salvation’s End, and he is
keenly interested in further exploration of the false moon.

The event is now about 30 minutes away. You may make any last adjustments to gear... or what you are wearing is what you are wearing.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Mercenary Kasatha Soldier (Hit and Run)/2 SP 18/18 | HP 18/18| RP 3/4 | BAB +2 | EAC 15 | KAC 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +4 | Perc +1 | Init +2

Markar will be wearing his formalwear UNDER his Basic Iridshell. Have no idea if that completely invalidates the effect but that's what the guy is going with

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Akiton Human Tempered Pilgrim Solarion 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 40ft | Photon 2/3 | Active conditions: Plasma Sheath

Finally reading over the general information about the party, including the start time, Ceolor does some mental calculations and rushes out of the room with a wave and a, "There's a few things I need to get ready! I'll see everyone at the party!"

Hurrying along, the red man sells his barely used Secondskin armor to the commissar at the base of the Lorespire complex, trading the credits and a few more in for a set of freebooter's armor. He then rushes over to a store across the street and picks up a set of formal wear. Taking his purchases back to his rooms in the complex, Ceolor quickly changes into his new clothes.

Only slightly out of breath, Ceolor arrives to the party with a few minutes to spare. Dressed in a slightly jarring combination of formal wear topped with armor, he gives a bright and self-satisfied smile. "Thank Desna for autotailors! I wouldn't have been able to make it if they weren't around! But, Clever, isn't it? The delicious irony of wearing armor AND formal wear should be really helpful at making me stand out tonight! I beat you wished you had only thought of that, eh?"

The slightly cocksure man then checks his grooming in the mirror, before stepping into the room.
______________
Selling Second skin armor and buying Freebooter armor and a formal outfit. They've been added to his profile.
Ceolor is also leaving things like the mass produced tent, hygiene kit, R2Es and other outfits at home so he isn't carrying over his capacity with the new, heavier clothes. Also feel free to rag on the outfit combination; it's supposed to look stupid.


The lift doors open into the Skyreach Room, a classy space made breathtaking by large windows set into the vaulted ceiling, providing a shining view of the Armada orbiting Absalom Station and the galaxy beyond.

A low stage with black skirting and a sleek podium overlooks the room from the far end of the hall. A dozen or so guests, representing a surprising array of races, mingle in twos and threes, while servers in sharp vests bring around a variety of bizarre snacks and drinks. A curly-haired AV technician arranges the wiring along one side of the stage, and Luwazi stands at the other side speaking with a damaya lashunta man.

***

This is a social encounter.
MAP UP!
[ooc]There ARE other guests, but the main NPC's are where they are standing, so when you interact with them, you will be positioned with them

* The guests described in the handout can all be found in the room, and you are free to interact with them as you see fit.

* This encounter is played out through 'social rounds', which are an abstraction of time (think around 30 mins).

* Your end goal is to make a good impression on as many of the guests of note as possible. You can impress an individual guest by succeeding at skill checks of interest to them.

* You must succeed at a 'few' skill checks against an NPC to earn influence over that NPC.

* You can attempt one check to influence a single guest during each social round.
OR
* You can use your action for a social round to attempt a skill check to aid another PC in place of attempting a skill check to influence the NPC directly.
OR
*If you are not sure what kind of check to attempt, you can make light conversation in lieu of attempting a check for that round, learning something about the NPC’s background, interests, involvement in the society, or personality to gain a hint of appropriate skill checks to attempt to influence that individual. Partaking in such “small talk” can attempt a DC 10 Sense Motive check to learn an appropriate skill to influence the NPC with.

Good roleplay or detailed posts may attract a situational bonus to your roll.
[/ooc]

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Android Scholar (xenobiology) Soldier 4 | SP 33/33 HP 32/32 | KAC 19 EAC 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: -2 | Speed 25ft | Arc Rifle 40/40 Arc Pistol, Static 10/10 Semi-auto Pistol 9/9 Hammer -/- |Active conditions: None.

Medrick was really impressed with his training exercise at Salvation’s End and would love to meet the person responsible. Knowing that reading people is not his strong suit, Medrick will take a shot at impressing him.

Medrick walks over to ZO! and introduces himself. Hello! I am Medrick of the Starfinder Society. Trying to impress him, Medrick turns on his sub-dermal implant to glow the society's symbol. I recognized you the moment I walked in! You were the generous person who donated to make the adventure to Salvation's End possible! That was my first training exercise in this organization and I thought it was so fascinating. I cannot wait for the society to pick the next group to investigate deeper and I hope I am picked for it! So I know you got other projects besides the false moon, anything exciting happening? I am not the best actor but I make a good medic if you need someone to be first aid on set, I am your android! Medrick realizes how excited he go and how much he just spat out without giving the poor guy the chance to talk.

diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

Tried to roleplay his low charisma and lack of diplomacy. Hope 12 is enough to win him over (unlikely I know).

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Mercenary Kasatha Soldier (Hit and Run)/2 SP 18/18 | HP 18/18| RP 3/4 | BAB +2 | EAC 15 | KAC 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +4 | Perc +1 | Init +2

Markar approaches the Venture Captain Naiaj and carries out a crisp traditional Kasthan salute. It is an honour to meet you Venture Captain. I greet you in the name of Talavet and the Idari. I am but a fledgling in the Starfinders and have been on only one mission other than my Commencement. To Akiton. I wonder, if you have time, would you be willing to correct me on any misconceptions I may have of the planet? I am ever looking to deepen my knowledge and understanding so I may be better equipped for the future.. What I observed of the place is... Here Markar relays what he experienced of Akiton as determined by the following Survival roll

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Tamon glances in the door at the assembled party guests with trepidation.

The organics are so hard to understand sometimes. After all my research I still do not have a satisfactorily logical reason to place a sign reading "Kick Me" on another entity's back. But they all seemed to find it very amusing. I fear I shall never quite understand them, nor them me.

He spies someone who may share this sentiment and wanders over as casually as he can to Iteration-177.

Good evening, fellow sentient. I trust you find the refreshments refreshing?

Not knowing anything about the android's interests, he tries to engage in conversation long enough to glean some useful information.

Sense Motive DC10: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11


Some interesting beginnings, let's see how the others get on... :)

Dataphiles

Male CG Ysoki Roboticist Mechanic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Memory Module 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Fixit enters the room still rubbing at the grease stains covering himself. He examines the room trying to find all of their targets to see what they are up to, who they might be speaking with and waiting on the results of his companions initial efforts. Despite the information provided, he is not sure who it's best he speak with. Particularly since he is not particularly conversation friendly.

Perception (if req'd: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

I'm trying to find some clues here on who to speak to first. Naiaj & Ykris seem like my best bets here - she seems mostly likely of all to be digitally orientated. And perhaps I can swing Medicine & Physical Science training with CeriCore Lab rep.


Fixit looks about, but can't really spot anything helpful beyond what he already knows from the dossiers...

Only real way to find any extra clues is the sense motive route

***
R1
Ceolor -
Jaxon -
Fixit -
Markar - Naiaj
Medrick - Zo!
Tamon - Iteration177

Dataphiles

Male CG Ysoki Roboticist Mechanic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Memory Module 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Unable to spot anything useful, Fixit shrugs his shoulders and follows Markar up to VC Naiaj. Not knowing anything useful to add to the conversation, he waits quietly for it to run its course before taking up some light conversation of his own in an attempt to see where her interests lie.

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 5


R1
Ceolor -
Jaxon -
Fixit - Naiaj (SM)
Markar - Naiaj
Medrick - Zo!
Tamon - Iteration177

Acquisitives

Male CG Human ace pilot mechanic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 ES 4/4| RP 3/3| EAC 15 KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Seeing the others cluster around Naiaj, Jaxon decides to join them. "Venture-Captain, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Dr. Jaxon Kyber. Ah, you're a bleachling gnome, yes? A very interesting genetic mutation that still hasn't been studied properly."

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 7


Will resolve on Ceolors action :)

R1
Ceolor -
Jaxon - Naiaj
Fixit - Naiaj (SM)
Markar - Naiaj
Medrick - Zo!
Tamon - Iteration177

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Akiton Human Tempered Pilgrim Solarion 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 40ft | Photon 2/3 | Active conditions: Plasma Sheath

Ceolor takes a glance around the room, before deciding that Ykris is the most interesting of the group of five.

Heading over to the parasite and his host, Ceolor gives them a big smile. "Hmm, the station's weather must be pretty different from your home planet's? Do you mind if I ask where that is? I'm from a small town in Akiton if you were interested..." The red-skinned man then spends the next few minutes trying to get a grasp on what makes the parasite tick, while also slowly satisfying his curiosity about the isopod and his species.

_____________
Life sciences, for identification purposes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
-5 on the DC if he counts as a 'rare creature'

Sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Well, those sucked!


Iteration-177
Tamon
Iteration-177 wears their sleek dark hair pulled back, in a sharp contrast to their silvery skin and the android’s signature circuitry pattern shining nearly white. They wear Absalom Station’s latest fashions in shades of black, white, and gray.

"You must be one of the Starfinders, I can tell imeediately because you are obviously more interesting than 99% of the people in here, so tell me, how's the Society getting on?" he seems genuinely interested and engaging.
He appears to be interested in Culture for rumours of further activities

Naiaj
Jaxon (SM)
Markar
Fixit (SM)
Naiaj has made no concessions to the formality of this event; she wears her usual carbon skin armor, datapad never out of sight and
wrist-based comm unit constantly blinking with updates. She wears her gleaming white hair cropped close, and despite her small size, she looks as if she could stare down a team of hardened vesk mercenaries.

Markar opens the conversation with his tales of Akiton, he seems interested in what he has to say, but is not particularly captivated by it - "Akiton once had extensive starship fuel and mining industries, but the market for them was hurt by the advent of faster-than-light travel. A shame their economy tanked as a result. Must have been tough on all those families." She then politely continues to speak with other potential investors.

You didn't identify a hook for her

Royo
Nil

Ykris
Ceolor
Ykris appears as an iridescent, segmented insect clinging to the scalp of a cleancut, immaculately dressed half-elf man. Upon closer inspection, it becomes clear that many of Ykris’s spiny legs pierce the man’s skin and deeply into his flesh, particularly along the base of the man’s skull and down the back of his neck.
"Well for the last long while I have been here on Absalom station and nearby planets. The last decade has been quite good to me really, but I don't really like to talk about home, my species’ history is a somber story and not a tale for such an optimistic event. You a scientist or just interested?"

Ceolor seems to be engaging in small talk, but hasn't found an obvious 'hook'

Zo!
Medrick
Originally one of Eox’s native elebrians, Zo! retains the characteristic appearance of that race even in undeath: an elegant build with refined features and an extended cranium. His face now bears a permanent rictus grin, which adds another level of enthusiasm to his exaggerated interactions.

"Oh wow! A real life Starfinder who went to Salvations End! That's TERRIFFIC! Kid, you're going to be HUGE! What a ratings winner - here look at the camera for me! A small webcam sits on the table, red light flashing like the winking eye of an angry cyclops "I'm here with... Medrick, he's one of the Starfinder Societies brave adventurers who recently came back from Salvations End, so no doubt he's also a lethal weapon with moves to match - but what I know you're all DYING to know is how he likes Eoxian Green jerky-bars from our good friends at Bonebisco!?" with that he signals a passing sever who lays a piece of dried mysterious meat on the table and everyone seems to be looking at Medrick expectantly, that strange smile still platered on Zo!s face - the webcam blinking steadily beaming what happens next into the homes of the fans of one of the biggest video personalities in the galaxy.

***
Status
Iteration 177 -
Naiaj- Neutral.
Royo - Neutral.
Ykris - Neutral.
Zo! - Warming.

R2
Ceolor -
Jaxon -
Fixit -
Markar -
Medrick -
Tamon -

Wayfinders

Male Diasporan Android Scholar Technomancer/2 (SP 10/10 HP 14/14 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+3 | Perc:+2 Low-light, Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | ALR +4 d8F/Burn d6 TADR +4 d8A&P/Corr d4 | SC 1/1 Spells 1:2/3
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +1 Bluff +0 Computers +7 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +7 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +8 Medicine +4 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +7 Piloting +3 SM -2 SoH +7 Stealth +4 Surv +1
Starship:
Engineer +7 Science +7 Gunner +3 Pilot +3 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Tamon breathes a sigh of relief, which requires an active choice to take a breath first, and continues to speak to Iteration-177.

You are too kind, sir. I am only a low level operative in the Society, but I have seen tractor beams used as spaceborne weapons, renegade towns worshipping a fraudulent latter day alchemist, runaway mining equipment bearing armed and murderous fiends, and four-armed giants both deadly and determined. And I have only been on one mission! The Society has many types of missions, from the purely diplomatic to...if I may be perfectly honest...missions that may only be solved by the use of targeted violence.

Tamon continues to speak of his excitement at the variety of Starfinder Society missions, and his experiences on his prior mission (including using his Vocal Modulator to mimic the war cry of an angry Shobad) hopefully ending before the stories become tiresome.

Culture: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Once finished, Tamon excuses himself to get a new drink, where he quietly casts Telepathic Message to all the other members of the party:

Iteration-177 is intrigued by rumors of the Society.

He awaits any (10 words or less) replies for similar helpful tips.

Acquisitives

Male CG Human ace pilot mechanic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 ES 4/4| RP 3/3| EAC 15 KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Jaxon wanders away from Naiaj and over to Ykris in time to hear his question. "I am a scientist and a doctor, sir. Dr. Jaxon Kyber. It's a pleasure to meet you. I admire the work done at CeriCore. I've done some work on diseases on Castrovel, seeing how the diseases travel across populations, and we could have used CeriCore technology."

Life Science: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


R2
Ceolor -
Jaxon - Ykris
Fixit -
Markar -
Medrick -
Tamon - Iteration177

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Mercenary Kasatha Soldier (Hit and Run)/2 SP 18/18 | HP 18/18| RP 3/4 | BAB +2 | EAC 15 | KAC 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +4 | Perc +1 | Init +2

Markar nods at Naiaj, flustered, and moves on to Iteration177 as Tamon Si has advised.

Culture: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Greetings honoured guest in the name of Talavet, the Idari, and the Starfinders. Permit me to introduce myself. I am a new Starfinder, only been sent on one mission, but even the final test that we were given was a mission in and of itself. It is my honour to carry the Mark of the Starfinders.

Markar activates the subdermal graft/tattoo that he received on his Commencement for Iteration177 to see. The light shines forth, it doesn't do much in terms of brightening the area as the hall is already well lit, but the mark of the Starfinders can be seen glowing.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Android Scholar (xenobiology) Soldier 4 | SP 33/33 HP 32/32 | KAC 19 EAC 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: -2 | Speed 25ft | Arc Rifle 40/40 Arc Pistol, Static 10/10 Semi-auto Pistol 9/9 Hammer -/- |Active conditions: None.

Medrick is happy the undead creature seems to like him I have been taught a lot about how to help living people but I know little about unliving people. When Zo! asks him what he thinks of the this weird meat, Medrick does his best to hide his disgust. He goes nothing... Medrick picks up the bar and smiles before taking a bite.

bluff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17 fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
I assumed it tastes awful... the fort save is to resist throwing up

Medrick chews and swallows a big chunk of the bar. He smiles as he holds back being sick. Wow! this is delicious! I recommend this to anyone. He grabs another bite, From now on, I know what I am bring with to every adventure, including my next adventure to the exciting Salvations End! So how much are these yummy treats?

To Tamon

Zo! give you awful food and likes Salvations End adventures.

1 to 50 of 287 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS / Shifty]#1-05 The First Mandate All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.