[SFS-PBP Gameday-GM Skeemo] 1-99 The Scoured Stars Invasion (Inactive)

Game Master Christopher Wasko

Map Slides

Skill Rewards:

  • Once during the adventure, each of you can requisition a weapon with an item level up to your level +1 and a non-permanent-effect consumable with an item level equal to your level for the duration of one mission. The group must use this ability prior to starting a new encounter, and this ability cannot be used during the final encounter. The weapon comes with a fully charged battery or full magazine.
  • You can roll twice on any one Computers check during a starship combat encounter, take the better result, and add a +4 bonus to the result. Alternatively, one of you can use this code on a ground mission, allowing that PC to count as being trained in Computers for one check (with the double roll and +4 bonus applied).
  • During a starship combat encounter, select any one successful starship weapon attack to count as a critical hit if it hits, even if the die result isn’t a natural 20.
  • Once during the adventure, when you use an Aid Token, they get two benefits instead of one, although cannot choose the same effect twice.
  • Once during a single starship encounter, you can force the crew of an enemy ship to take a –2 penalty to all Engineering and Piloting checks made during the round. The use of this ability must be declared at the start of the starship combat round.
  • You can reroll one check to recall knowledge about any creature you encounter within the Scoured Stars. Alternatively, once during the adventure, you can instead activate this reward to gain a +2 bonus to each of your initiative checks for that encounter. You can choose to do this after rolling initiative but before the combat begins. If you use this reward against a creature you've identified with a skill check to recall knowledge, each PC gains a +4 bonus to their initiative check instead of the +2 bonus for activating this reward.

  • 51 to 100 of 232 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
    Dataphiles

    Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

    The lashunta takes careful aim before sending a round down range at the green scaled predator.

    Sniper vs Green KAC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
    HeroLab has the Sherrin-eye rifle doing +4 damage. Is that incorrect? I doubt that matters on this shot.

    Dataphiles

    Android Ace Pilot Operative 8 EAC25 - KAC25 | SP56/56 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +9 | Perc +15 SM +13| F +3, R +12, W +7

    @GM +2 is the right amount but I’ve scored a crit so I’ve double the damages, hence the +4!)

    M’Shak moves and shoot again, making noises from her own computer to distract the creature.

    Trick (computer): 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 4 = 28
    Sonic Rifle vs EAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
    Damages (So): 1d8 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (7) + 2 + (8) = 17

    Dataphiles

    Android Ace Pilot Operative 8 EAC25 - KAC25 | SP56/56 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +9 | Perc +15 SM +13| F +3, R +12, W +7

    forgot to add that I'm targetting the green one


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    Right, I forgot about the crit. @Kiv: Yes, that's correct for a sniper rifle.

    GM Screen:
    Attack vs. M'Shak EAC (cover): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 = 3
    Damage (A): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Fort DC 12 or blind 1 round.

    Kiv's shot pings off the rock, but so does the reddish dinosaur's spit at M'Shak, who fires a clean pulse of sonic energy into the green beast, killing it.

    Round 1 (bold may post)

    Magnus (prone, 5 feet down in water)
    Round 2
    Osuro
    Rocket (30 ft. high)

    M'Shak
    Lucky
    Green Raptor (dead)
    Kiv
    Red Raptor

    Exo-Guardians

    SP 54/54 HP 44/44 RP 8/8 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +2

    Zooming through the sky living up to his name Rocket moves forward as he aims his artillery laser at the last standing reptile before pulling the trigger with a grin on his face

    to hit EAC red: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
    Fire damage if hit: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

    Acquisitives

    Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

    Lucky takes a flying leap over the chasm, those bridges look dangerous! and snaps off a shot vaguely near the remaining raptor.

    Sparky trundles up to one of the bridges, but forgoes crossing it for now.

    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
    Hunting Rifle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
    Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male Lashunta Solarian 8 Korasha Lashunta Xenoseeker| SP 5/72 HP 60/60 | RP 7/9 EAC 24; KAC 26; DR 8/P| Fort +8; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 |spd 30| Perc: +3, SM: -1 | Photon Mode 4/4 |IW-K

    Magnus maintains Photon mode. He then gets up and climbs out of the ravine back onto the plateau.

    Climb:
    DC 17 Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

    Wayfinders

    F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 | KAC 17 | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

    Trying to distract the remaining lizardy thing, Osuro then skitters across another bridge before drawing a bead on it.

    Trick Attack (Bluff): 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 4 = 25 CR 5 effective
    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
    Disintegrator Pistol, Liquidator (vs flat-footed?) @ 2nd range increment: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 2 = 17
    Acidic w/ Trick Attack: 1d10 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (9) + 2 + (8) = 19 Subtract 8 if not CR 5 or less.

    Cause target to be flat-footed for everyone else until my next turn, if it is CR 5 or less.

    Operative Trick Attack requires the order be: Trick roll, (optional) movement, attack roll, round complete. Sometimes I get sloppy and forget that, too, but it is a full-round action that requires this specific order.

    Weapon Specialization provides Level in damage bonus EXCEPT for Small Arms and weapons with the Operative Trait, which get Level/2.

    Dataphiles

    Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

    Kiv switches targets and pulls the trigger again.

    Sniper vs RED KAC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 241d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    Osuro and Rocket together fell the final dinosaur, clearing your path. Near the source of the beacon, you find bones, destroyed equipment, and other evidence that the Starfinders who left the beacon have long since died. However, the beacon contains information about a larger group of Starfinders that established an outpost on another planet in the Agillae system. The information is encrypted, and it will require time onboard one of the larger ships to decipher, so Historia-7 requests that you carry on with the other missions for now. She sends an evac unit to pick you up and return you to your starship, allowing you to take off toward your next objective.

    Next mission (by earlier preference): 1d2 ⇒ 1 Starship Graveyard. If you have preferences for your next mission following this one, post them in discussion.

    Plugged into a nearby communication station, the Historia-7’s eyes blink rapidly as she collates data from many teams across the Starfinder fleet. She snaps out of her technological trance and fully opens her eyes. “Greetings, Starfinders. I have assigned your team to a mission on Agillae-5. Our scans indicate that many Starfinder starships from the previous expedition crash-landed on the same spot on the planet, forming an enormous concentration of wreckage that spreads out for miles on the otherwise barren planet. Investigate the ships, locate any survivors, and retrieve any useful data from the ships. We don’t know what caused so many ships to crash-land on the planet, so exercise caution during the investigation.”

    For this mission, indicate in your posts whether you are attempting a primary check or an aid another. You only get one check per phase.

    Phase 1: You receive a message from one Venture-Captain Whiskan. As you accept the communication request, you hear a distressed voice. "There are some serious gravitational anomalies here, bud! I know you're looking for me, but it's too danergous! Turn back now and send for help!"

    Sense Motive DC 20:
    The message seems overly familiar in tone, as if it had been sent to someone whom the venture-captain knew well.

    Computers DC 20:
    The message's metadata indicates it was sent 9 months ago.

    Culture DC 20:
    Venture-Captain Whiskan as a senior Starfinder who was lost during the original Scoured Stars incident.

    -----
    Phase 2: Your ship’s sensors indicate nearby gravitational anomalies, and the ship starts gently shaking.
    Computers and/or Physical Science DC 17:
    The sensor scan data must be false given the environment, and you can calculate more accurate navigational information.

    Perception DC 20:
    The shaking doesn’t feel natural; it’s as if the ship’s own engines were creating the effect.

    -----
    Phase 3: The ship starts shaking uncontrollably and barely responds to controls!
    Piloting DC 20:
    You are able to steer the ship—albeit with great difficulty.

    Engineering DC 17 OR Melee Attack vs. KAC 20:
    You implement a quick fix to momentarily stabilize the ship.

    Computers DC 20:
    You realize a virus is interfering with the controls, and write a script on the fly that allows limited access to the hijacked steering systems.

    -----
    Phase 4: The ship’s engines stop working altogether, and the ship starts rapidly losing altitude!
    Engineering DC 20:
    You manually activate some of the thrusters to decelerate.

    Piloting DC 20:
    You steer the ship to ride the winds in the planet’s atmosphere, causing the ship to fall at a gentler angle.

    -----
    Phase 5: The ship’s computer issues the following message: “Landing gear functioning at 50%. Collision imminent, brace for impact.”
    Engineering DC 20 OR Piloting DC 20:
    You activate the landing thrusters at full power.

    Athletics OR Acrobatics DC 20:
    You grip the ship's frame and brace for impact!

    Wayfinders

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 | KAC 17 | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

    Probbably need to discuss who makes which roll. Scanning the visible character sheets (Everybody but Magnuus Chaal):

    Phase 1 - Sense Motive my +9 seems boss; Computers +11 for both KIv and M'Shak; Culture +11 for Kiv. So I recommend Sense Motive prime be Osuro, Computers prime be M'Shak, and Culture prime be Kiv.

    Osuro Sense Motive Prime: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 Not promising!

    Phase 2 - Computers/Physical Science as above and Perception +11 for Kiv, so I recommend Computers prime for M'Shak and Perception prime for Kiv. I'll support Perception.

    Osuro Supporting Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 Can't fail!

    Phase 3 - Piloting +15 for Kiv and M'Shak, Engineering/Melee +10 for Lucky Seven and Rocket, Computers repeated. I recommend Kiv and M'Shak split Piloting and Computers and that Lucky Seven and Rocket pick a primary and work together. Based on my lack of ability in this set, I'll try to support piloting, as I ma most likely to get an aid with that +5 . . ..

    Osuro Supporting Piloting: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Easily!

    Phase 4 - Engineering and piloting both discussed above. Except for having Kiv and M'Shak support each other, it seems the same likely choices.

    Osuro Supporting Piloting: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Good enough!

    Phase 5 - Engineering/Piloting +15 for Kiv and M'Shak is better than the +10 for Lucky and Seven and Rocket, Athletics/Acrobatics +14/13/12 for M'Shak/Kiv/Me. I recommend Kiv does Engineering with suppport from the Pilots, and M'Shak does Acrobatics with support from me.

    Osuro Supporting Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25 Can't fail!

    People have every right to disagree, but I figured with the off-again boards I would try to make this quick, if possible.

    I went out of my way to avoid the Computer/Engineering/Piulot skills that it seems everybody has, because, well, that means I should have others that more people do NOT have. Now we need exactly those. <sigh>

    Dataphiles

    Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

    I am good with all of this. Let's see if DiceBot is.

    Phase 1 Culture {PRIMARY}: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
    Phase 2 Perception {PRIMARY}: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
    Phase 3 Piloting {PRIMARY}: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
    Phase 4 Piloting {PRIMARY}: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
    Phase 5 Engineering {PRIMARY}: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

    Dataphiles

    Android Ace Pilot Operative 8 EAC25 - KAC25 | SP56/56 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +9 | Perc +15 SM +13| F +3, R +12, W +7

    Phase 1 Computer {PRIMARY}: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
    Phase 2 Computer {PRIMARY}: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
    Phase 3 Piloting {SECONDARY}: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
    Phase 4 Piloting {SECONDARY}: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
    Phase 5 Acrobatics {PRIMARY}: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

    thanks for organizing all this Osuro!

    Acquisitives

    Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

    Phase 1 Computer Aid: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
    Phase 2 Computer Aid: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
    Phase 2 Perception Aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Sparky's independent skill
    Phase 3 Engineering Primary: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
    Phase 4 Engineering Primary: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
    Phase 5 Engineering Aid: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

    Exo-Guardians

    SP 54/54 HP 44/44 RP 8/8 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +2

    Phase 1 computer aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
    Phase 2 computer aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
    Phase 3 engineering aid: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
    Phase 4 engineering aid: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
    Phase 5 engineering aid: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

    Wayfinders

    F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 | KAC 17 | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

    With 5 of 6 Players having rolled so far:

    Phase 1 - Only 1 roll of the 3, and that looks to be final
    Sense Motive 12
    Computers 21
    Culture 13

    Phase 2 - One roll of the 2, and that looks to be final
    Computers/Physical Science 34
    Perception 16

    Phase 3 - 1 roll of the 3, and the 3rd not even attempted? M'Shak went for a support roll when I recommended a different Primary. I understand what happened.
    Piloting 31
    Engineering/Physical Attack 15
    Computers

    Phase 4 - 2 for 2, effectively done
    Engineering 27
    Piloting 23

    Phase 5 - 2 for 2, effectively done
    Engineering/Piloting 25
    Acrobatics/Athletics 35

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male Lashunta Solarian 8 Korasha Lashunta Xenoseeker| SP 5/72 HP 60/60 | RP 7/9 EAC 24; KAC 26; DR 8/P| Fort +8; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 |spd 30| Perc: +3, SM: -1 | Photon Mode 4/4 |IW-K

    Phase 1 Sense Motive Aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
    Phase 2 Perception Aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
    Phase 3 Engineer/Melee KAC20 aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
    Phase 4 Pilot Aid: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
    Phase 5 Acrobatics Aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    Your team rigorously struggles against the malign presence in your navigation system, ultimately bracing for impact as your ship hurtles into the interlinked complex of starships. The force of the impact causes each of you 4d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 1) = 6 damage as your ship crashes to a stop. You may choose to spend a Resolve Point to take a 10 minute rest prior to continuing if you'd like, but 6 damage doesn't seem bad to me.

    As you proceed into the starship graveyard, you find that several of the ships have fused together into a a kind of interlinked complex. Shortly after entering, you spot four humanoids with Starfinder Insignias on their uniforms. They turn and stare at you for a moment, then their mouths open into silent screams, and they reach for their weapons.

    Initiative:

    Rocket: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
    Kiv: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
    Osuro: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
    Lucky: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
    M’Shak: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
    Magnus: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
    Red Recruit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
    Orange Recruit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
    Blue Scholar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
    Green Guard: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

    Low Gravity:
    PCs can jump three times as high and as far and lift three times as much. (Movement speed, however, stays the same, as moving in great bounds is awkward and difficult to control.) Thrown weapons have their range categories tripled.

    Round 1 (bold may post)
    M'Shak
    Red Recruit
    Lucky
    Osuro
    Starfinder Guard
    Orange Recruit
    Rocket
    Magnus
    Kiv
    Starfinder Scholar

    Exo-Guardians

    SP 54/54 HP 44/44 RP 8/8 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +2

    "Quick someone tell them we are here to rescue them. Maybe they won't shoot us"

    I doubt it, but for the form it seems like a nice thing to do


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    I know it's a long weekend State-side, but I'd like to keep things moving in the wake of all the site outages. I won't bot M'Shak just yet, but I will delay his turn to get some people up.

    GM Screen:
    Attack vs. M'Shak KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
    Damage (P): 1d6 ⇒ 4

    One of the younger Starfinders steps forward in a zombie-like gait, pulling a semi-auto pistol from her holster. She points it at M'Shak and takes a shot, but the bullet ricochet's off the floor.

    Round 1 (bold may post)
    M'Shak
    Lucky
    Osuro

    Starfinder Guard
    Orange Recruit
    Rocket
    Magnus
    Kiv
    Starfinder Scholar
    Round 2
    Red Recruit

    Acquisitives

    Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

    "Hey, are they all zombied, or just mind controlled?

    Well, Sparky won't feel bad either way, will you Spark? Go ahead and geek the mage."

    Sparky whirs and clicks contentedly while his artillery laser spins up. Lucky herself sights in for a single precise shot.

    Artillery at the scholar: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 = 3
    Fire: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
    Artillery at the scholar: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 4 = 6
    Fire: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
    Hunting Rifle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
    Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |
    Lucky Sevens wrote:
    "Hey, are they all zombied, or just mind controlled?

    They're visibly being mind-controlled, they don't look at all undead.

    Acquisitives

    Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

    "Okay, those warning shots didn't work. We got any other plans?"


    First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo addresses the Society through communication devices across the Scoured Stars: ​“Starfinders, thanks to your efforts, we have gathered a large amount of data about the whereabouts of several groups of survivors from the first mission to the Scoured Stars. We have analyzed the data and now know enough to start locating and evacuating our friends and allies. We still need more intelligence on other groups of survivors, however, and we must continue to run reconnaissance missions at the same time.”​

    Table GM’s- You are now set to start Part 2, but remember Part 1 missions that are still open still need to be accomplished.


    First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo pings each of your comm devices. ​” Starfinders have recovered a signal beacon from a steamy swamp on Agillae-2. Our analysis of the data indicates there is a large group of survivors on another planet in the same system, and we will soon be ready to commence the evacuation mission.”​

    Planet of the Dinosaurs location is now closed and Last Outpost is now open.

    Starfinders are filled with confidence. All Starfinders receive a +1 Morale bonus to attack rolls, saving throws and skill checks until the end of the current mission.

    Dataphiles

    Android Ace Pilot Operative 8 EAC25 - KAC25 | SP56/56 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +9 | Perc +15 SM +13| F +3, R +12, W +7

    M'Shak seems to be shaken by the vision of Starfinders still alive and her circuits seems to not respond immediately.

    She draws her old arc pistol and set it to stun mode while moving toward them.

    Don't shoot, we are friends!

    sorry for the delay.


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    Going to delay Osuro the same as I did M'Shak. Hoping everyone checks back in from the blackout soon.

    GM Screen:
    Grenade Attack vs. AC 5 (-4 range increment): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 = 3
    Miss: 1d8 + 1d4 ⇒ (2) + (1) = 3
    Attack vs. M'Shak KAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
    Damage (B): 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

    Lucky lands a hit on the scholar. The guard draws a grenade and lobs it into your group, causing an explosion of sticky resin. All PCs except M'Shak must succeed on DC 12 Reflex saves or become entangled for 2d4 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7 rounds. Meanwhile, the second recruit lurches toward M'Shak and lunges at the android with a battleglove, striking its torso.

    Round 1 (bold may post) (*save vs. entangle)
    Osuro*
    Rocket*
    Magnus*
    Kiv*

    Starfinder Scholar (-7 HP)
    Round 2
    Red Recruit
    M'Shak (-4 SP)
    Lucky*
    Starfinder Guard
    Orange Recruit

    Don't forget your +1 confidence bonus and your R-TEP option, either.

    Exo-Guardians

    SP 54/54 HP 44/44 RP 8/8 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +2

    Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15

    Rocket jumps to the side as he sees the incoming grenade and keeps moving to prevent further grenades hitting a large group again.
    .
    "Let's try to take them alive" he yells as he pulls out his arc pistol - conveniently preset to stun, for just the sort of occasion where you'd want your target to live after getting shot - and pulls the trigger

    To hit EAC Red: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 = 16
    E damage if hit: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 (non-lethal)

    Wayfinders

    F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 | KAC 17 | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

    Frowning, Osuro takes the time to pull out her Tactical Baton instead of a pistol, as she moves up and tries to subdue the closest target.

    Baton attack for nonlethal: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 4 = 7

    :sigh:

    Can't draw and Trick Attack, can I? Not really time to check, got to get to a meeting.

    Acquisitives

    Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

    Reflex (Lucky): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 = 18
    Reflex (Sparky): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

    "Looks like they want to take us alive too for some reason! Oh wait, right, to mind control us. Pass!"

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male Lashunta Solarian 8 Korasha Lashunta Xenoseeker| SP 5/72 HP 60/60 | RP 7/9 EAC 24; KAC 26; DR 8/P| Fort +8; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 |spd 30| Perc: +3, SM: -1 | Photon Mode 4/4 |IW-K

    Magnus dodges the incoming grenade. Reflex 12: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

    He starts to glow as he moves towards the red recruit. Magnus pulls the ball orbiting his head and creates a yellow axe. He moves to avoid taking a strike from the recruit. Magnus swings the flat of the blade at the recruit. Non-Lethal Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 4 = 11

    I have Coordinated Strike- When you are threatening a foe with a melee weapon, any ally that has line of sight to that foe without you granting that foe cover gains a +1 bonus to ranged attack rolls against that foe.

    Wayfinders

    F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 | KAC 17 | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

    Oops. Reflex save. My apologies.

    Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

    Dataphiles

    Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

    Reflex vs DC 12: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

    Kiv rolls away from the explosive resin with ease. She also draws her tactical baton. "The question is who...or what is pulling their strings?"

    NL baton vs RED KAC: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 4 + 1 = 4
    <sigh> Right there with you Osuro.


    First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo's voice rings out with more news of hope on each of your comm devices. ”Starfinders have penetrated the defenses of an ancient automated city on Callion-2. They discovered that a group of Starfinders visited the city a year ago, trying to find a way to help other Starfinders stuck on the desert planet of Callion-1. We’ll begin moving resources to Callion-1 immediately.”

    City of the Ancients is now closed and Sands of Oblivion is now open.


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    GM Screen:
    Magic Missiles: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3, 3) + 3 = 10
    Attack vs. Osuro KAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
    Damage (B): 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

    The recruit drops her pistol and lunges out at Osuro, while the scholar fires off three magic missiles at Lucky in response for shooting it.

    Round 2 (bold may post)
    M'Shak (-4 SP)
    Lucky (-10 SP)

    Starfinder Guard
    Orange Recruit
    Osuro (-7 SP)
    Rocket
    Magnus
    Kiv
    Starfinder Scholar (-7 HP)
    Round 3
    Red Recruit (-3 nonlethal)

    Acquisitives

    Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

    "What the hell, hero?!"

    Sparky continues chugging away, spitting bolts of energy around M'shak's target while Lucky returns fire at the Scholar.

    Artillery Laser: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 = 3
    Fire: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
    Artillery Laser: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 4 = 6
    Fire: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
    Hunting Rifle: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 = 26
    Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

    Dataphiles

    Android Ace Pilot Operative 8 EAC25 - KAC25 | SP56/56 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +9 | Perc +15 SM +13| F +3, R +12, W +7

    M'Shak uses the technology all around her to disturb the controlled Starfinder then moves away and shoot with her pistol.

    Trick (computer): 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 4 = 22 target orange and thanks to Uncanny Mobility, no AoO
    Arc Pistol (vs EAC): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
    Damages (E - NL): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
    Trick Damages: 1d8 ⇒ 3


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    GM Screen:
    Orange Attack vs. Magnus KAC (flank): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14
    Damage (B): 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
    Guard Attack vs. M'Shak KAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
    Damage (B): 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

    Lucky and M'Shak both land solid blows, but so do their controlled comrades in their vicious counterattack.

    Round 2 (bold may post)
    Osuro (-7 SP)
    Rocket
    Magnus (-7 SP)
    Kiv

    Starfinder Scholar (-17 HP)
    Round 3
    Red Recruit (-3 nonlethal)
    M'Shak (-13 SP)
    Lucky (-10 SP)
    Starfinder Guard
    Orange Recruit (-8 HP)

    Exo-Guardians

    SP 54/54 HP 44/44 RP 8/8 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +2

    Making use of the tactical set-up provided by Magus and feeling inspired by the success reported over the comms Rocket fires a shot at one of the mind controlled Starfinders after taking a step forward to prevent accidentally shooting one of his allies in the leg

    To hit EAC Red: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 30
    E damage if hit: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 (Non-lethal)

    Pleasantly surprised Rocket watches as his hit arcs over to the next target

    Extra damage from the crit for Red: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 So total of 12 non-lethal for Red
    And 2 Non-lethal Electic damage for Orange from the Arc crit

    Wayfinders

    F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 | KAC 17 | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

    Frustrated with the way the fight has gone to this point, Osuro decides to be a little less gentle.

    Trick Attack (Bluff): 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 4 = 33 I REALLY hope CR 13 covers Red! Flatfooted to my attack and off-target for the round.

    Tactical Baton strike vs Flat-footed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Double damage, no critical effect from a tactical baton

    T. Baton Damage x2: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11

    Dataphiles

    Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

    Kiv takes a look around to see if she can discover who is manipulating the entranced Starfinders.
    NL Baton: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 4 = 22

    She then spins in a low crouch before swinging her baton at the charmed crewman's knee.
    Trick attack? (Stealth vs 20+CR): 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 1 = 25
    NL Baton vs KAC: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 4 = 211d4 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (4) = 8 Subtract 4 points if Trick Attack failed.

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male Lashunta Solarian 8 Korasha Lashunta Xenoseeker| SP 5/72 HP 60/60 | RP 7/9 EAC 24; KAC 26; DR 8/P| Fort +8; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 |spd 30| Perc: +3, SM: -1 | Photon Mode 4/4 |IW-K

    Magnus continues to glow. increase Photon Mode Taking a guarded step, Magnus swings his axe on Orange Recruit. KAC Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Damage if successful: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    Wow, three crits, not too shabby. Assuming everybody shifts their intended targets to the next available one, that knocks them all out. Combat over!

    After knocking out the mind-controlled Starfinders, you make a terrifying discovery: dozens of Starfinders are currently comatose and held in secure stasis chambers. Historia-7 assigns Starfinder medical experts to start analyzing their condition so that the Society can determine how to evacuate them.

    Success! Which mission would you like to do next? Since we're hurting for time, first vote gets the nod.

    Available Missions:
  • Recon 3: Lifeless Spaces
  • Recon 4: The Third Kind
  • Evac 1: The Last Outpost
  • Evac 2: Cracked Mirror
  • Evac 5: Sands of Oblivion
  • Dataphiles

    Android Ace Pilot Operative 8 EAC25 - KAC25 | SP56/56 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +9 | Perc +15 SM +13| F +3, R +12, W +7

    Evac Mission: 1d3 ⇒ 2

    Let's go fot the Cracked Mirror!


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    Historia-7 briefs you onboard the carrier, surrounded by the stasis pods containing Starfinder agents that you just recovered. “Greetings, Starfinders. Thank you for finding our colleagues, who seem to be held in stasis, on Agillae-5. Forcibly removing their bodies from the stasis pods would leave their minds are trapped in a virtual world; we’re sending you in to release them. Our specialists have put together a digital tether that allows you to enter the virtual world without getting trapped like your colleagues did. Still, you must careful. Even though nothing that happens in there is real, dying in the simulation might kill you.”

    A team of Starfinder computer specialists waits at the facility. The specialists tell you everything is ready; all you have to do is plug in. In the virtual world, you will have the same equipment as in the real world. Equipment, spells, and abilities used in the virtual world don’t affect your resources in the real world, and temporary conditions acquired in the virtual world will end upon returning to reality. However, any physical or mental damage accrued (i.e. Hit Points, Stamina Points, and Resolve Points lost) in the virtual world will persist in the real world, including death.

    ...

    As your consciousness is uploaded to the digital realm, you find yourselves in a cantina, where a bartender cleans some glasses. "Welcome, visitors! I am Jodain! Come, have a drink, eat something, let your worries wash away!" As you look around, you see an idyllic cityscape that closely resembles some of the most attractive parts of Absalom Station, including three groups of individuals piloting enercycles, debating, and enjoying a picnic in a park, respectively.

    Exo-Guardians

    SP 54/54 HP 44/44 RP 8/8 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +2

    Before plugging in

    "I have a a question..how do we release them from the inside? Is there a code word we need to mention? Find an in simulation off-switch on their bodies? Guide them through a special door once we are there? Convince them that their reality isn't real? Get them to swallow a certain type of pill? Or do we get spare digital tethers and hook them in/up?..or do we need to find out what happened to their original tethers and fix the connection?"

    After plugging in

    Rcoket takes a look around and thinks to himself
    "...this sure is trippy..."

    What I'll do will depend mostly on/if I've gotten an answer on how we are supposed to get them out

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male Lashunta Solarian 8 Korasha Lashunta Xenoseeker| SP 5/72 HP 60/60 | RP 7/9 EAC 24; KAC 26; DR 8/P| Fort +8; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 |spd 30| Perc: +3, SM: -1 | Photon Mode 4/4 |IW-K

    After plugging in

    "Hello, Jodain. I'm Magnus. What do you have to drink?" After acquiring a drink, Magnus moves towards the group debating.

    Dataphiles

    Android Ace Pilot Operative 8 EAC25 - KAC25 | SP56/56 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +9 | Perc +15 SM +13| F +3, R +12, W +7

    M'Shak is also quite interested by Rocket's question and the answer of the Starfinder team.

    after plunging in

    Nice meeting you Jodain. What can you tell us of this world?

    Wayfinders

    F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 | KAC 17 | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

    "They probably don't know. Time to improvise the script, and just hope it isn't a slasher vid."

    Osuro jacks in.

    Looking around, she shakes her head. "Looks like a bad utopian script. Those always prove out as dystopias, don't they?" Watching Magnus pick a group, Osuroshrugs and follows, figuring that group is as good a place to start as any other.

    Dataphiles

    Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

    Looking around the artificial landscape. "Do you think they would have sought one another out? It would be easier if they were all congregating in the same location." Kiv tries to see any of the nearby 'patrons' match the description of the mind-trapped Starfinders.

    I wonder if any of these 'lifeforms' are armed. Kiv is also on the look out for any virtual countermeasures designed to stop them. Agent Smith anyone?

    Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

    51 to 100 of 232 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS-PBP Gameday-GM Skeemo] 1-99 The Scoured Stars Invasion All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.