[SFS-PBP Gameday-GM Skeemo] 1-99 The Scoured Stars Invasion (Inactive)

Game Master Christopher Wasko

Map Slides

Skill Rewards:

  • Once during the adventure, each of you can requisition a weapon with an item level up to your level +1 and a non-permanent-effect consumable with an item level equal to your level for the duration of one mission. The group must use this ability prior to starting a new encounter, and this ability cannot be used during the final encounter. The weapon comes with a fully charged battery or full magazine.
  • You can roll twice on any one Computers check during a starship combat encounter, take the better result, and add a +4 bonus to the result. Alternatively, one of you can use this code on a ground mission, allowing that PC to count as being trained in Computers for one check (with the double roll and +4 bonus applied).
  • During a starship combat encounter, select any one successful starship weapon attack to count as a critical hit if it hits, even if the die result isn’t a natural 20.
  • Once during the adventure, when you use an Aid Token, they get two benefits instead of one, although cannot choose the same effect twice.
  • Once during a single starship encounter, you can force the crew of an enemy ship to take a –2 penalty to all Engineering and Piloting checks made during the round. The use of this ability must be declared at the start of the starship combat round.
  • You can reroll one check to recall knowledge about any creature you encounter within the Scoured Stars. Alternatively, once during the adventure, you can instead activate this reward to gain a +2 bonus to each of your initiative checks for that encounter. You can choose to do this after rolling initiative but before the combat begins. If you use this reward against a creature you've identified with a skill check to recall knowledge, each PC gains a +4 bonus to their initiative check instead of the +2 bonus for activating this reward.

  • 1 to 50 of 232 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    Dot in here.


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    Message from First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo: "“Starfinders, we stand at the precipice of momentous history, and I want to thank you all for making it possible for us to be here today. The Starfinder Society has spent the last year recovering from the Scoured Stars incident, our greatest defeat in recent history. We are finally ready to return to the Scoured Stars, find out what happened to our missing colleagues and friends, and rescue any survivors we can find. Report to your stations and lend your assistance to our fleet by performing the final preparatory tasks. More instructions will come shortly.”


    And so it begins!

    First Seeker Elsebo Luwazi clears her throat and makes an announcement to all of the gathered Starfinders as they slowly trickle in. “Starfinders, we stand at the precipice of momentous history, and I want to thank you all for making it possible for us to be here today. The Starfinder Society has spent the last year recovering from the Scoured Stars incident, our greatest defeat in recent history. We are finally ready to return to the Scoured Stars, find out what happened to our missing colleagues and friends, and rescue any survivors we can find. Report to your stations and lend your assistance to our fleet by performing the final preparatory tasks. More instructions will come shortly.”

    Table GM's. You are good to go on the introductions and preparation.

    Dataphiles

    Android Ace Pilot Operative 8 EAC25 - KAC25 | SP56/56 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +9 | Perc +15 SM +13| F +3, R +12, W +7

    M'Shak is a female blue android equiped with a D-Suit I and several light weapons. On her space suit, several decoration making her the winner of several space races during the Pact World series.

    Greetings, I'm M'Shak, odds are not in favor for this mission. I estimate it at a 35.7% chance - based on the precedent incident - that we will be able to make it.

    Exo-Guardians

    SP 54/54 HP 44/44 RP 8/8 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +2

    A Ysoki wearing what can only be described as the beginning of an arsenal strapped to his body looks up from what appears to be the beginnings of an explosive device being assembled as he hears the announcement before continuing to finish his task

    Using the soldiers bombard grenade ability to create a custom grenade taking 10 minutes - Unless Armory comes out I'll just default to a Frag grenade II

    Spitting out a a small screwdriver he was clutching between his teeth he answers M'shak's greeting with one of his own

    "Hi, names Rocket..glad to be on board"

    before continuing screwing some small electronic parts together

    He then thinks to himself;
    "...that's a gloomy outlook on life....but then again, last time around the Starfinder Society didn't have me around to help them out when they got into trouble.."


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    After a long voyage through the Drift, the bulk of the Starfinder fleet has arrived at the outer reaches of the Scoured Stars system. Several immense carriers form the core of the fleet and contain docked transport ships, fighter craft, and scout vessels. Each of the stored ships contains armor, weapons, provisions, and other equipment. There is an almost palpable feeling of tension and excitement as hundreds of Starfinders aboard the central carriers prepare themselves for the mission. Ahead, a shimmering veil of golden energy conceals the three stars known to be within.

    Venture-Captain Naiaj, a no-nonsense bleachling gnome, approaches with a datapad in hand. "Do you have all your gear? Are you ready? Good. Now let’s help our fleet get ready for the final journey into the Scoured Stars. But first, tell me your names and what special training you have so we can assign an appropriate task for you to assist with."

    During this time, as you introduce your characters, you can try skill checks to gain bonuses later. You will be helping a faction head or other known leader of the Society with various preparation tasks. You may aid another if you would like. You may try various factions if time allows, but may only try once with each faction.

    Acquisitives: Equipment Check (Engineering, Medicine, Perception, or Survival)
    Dataphiles: Diagnostics (Computers, Engineering, Perception, or Profession [Electrician])
    Exo-Guardians: Missile Tube Cleanup (Acrobatics, Athletics, or Profession [maintenance worker])
    Venture-Captain Arvin: Morale Boost (Bluff, Diplomacy, Profession [any relevant], Sense Motive)
    Venture-Captain Naiaj: Engine Check (Engineering, Piloting, or Profession [Electrician or Maintenance Worker])
    Wayfinders: Threat Analysis (Engineering, Life Science, or Mysticism)

    Please choose one and roll your skill. I'll give you the flavor of the request and a bit of story after your roll. After I respond, you can do another check if time allows.

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male Lashunta Solarian 8 Korasha Lashunta Xenoseeker| SP 5/72 HP 60/60 | RP 7/9 EAC 24; KAC 26; DR 8/P| Fort +8; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 |spd 30| Perc: +3, SM: -1 | Photon Mode 4/4 |IW-K

    A bulky Korasha Lashunta, with a yellow ball swirling above his head,steps up "Magnus Chaal, sir. I'm good with people and can help out with any physical labor needed."

    "Alright, Starfinders this is it. Many of our friends and family may still be out there. We can do this. Lets get out there and find them." Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

    Exo-Guardians

    SP 54/54 HP 44/44 RP 8/8 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +2

    "Private Rocket reporting for duty Sir!."

    Rockets nods encouragingly from behind Magus as the Lashunta makes his speech
    Aid attempt Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

    The toothy grin on his face might not get the required result through....

    Trying to get away before anyone can blame him for almost causing a mutiny Rocket slinks away

    I think our best bet for a high result will be a piloting check since we have 3 Ace pilots ;) I think we also do fine with one of the Engineering checks. And personally I'd like to do the Exo-guardians one

    Dataphiles

    Android Ace Pilot Operative 8 EAC25 - KAC25 | SP56/56 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +9 | Perc +15 SM +13| F +3, R +12, W +7

    M'Shak calculating her best odd to realize the mission given will try to make diagnostics for Historia-7.

    Computer: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

    She also decides to help Venture-Captain Naiaj to make the Engine Check by piloting some of the vessels and understand what's wrong or not.

    Piloting: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

    After her moderate failure at making diagnoses she tries to Threat Analysis for the Wayfinders

    Engineering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

    She tries to help Magnus that tries to sheer up the moral of other Pathfinders.
    Diplomacy (aid): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

    Then she decides to do the cleaning to help Zigivix Acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

    And finishes with equipment's check.

    Engineering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

    Wayfinders

    F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 | KAC 17 | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

    "Venture-Captain Naiaj, I am Osuro. While I have the appropriate combat and first aid training, my primary skill set is the ability to become whomever you need me to be. Hair, eyes, complexion, build can all appear to change quickly enough. Accents are at the core of the job, and I have greatly expanded my vocal range so that I can not only sound like nearly any human, but I can speak Shirren like the Shirren do, for example."

    Reserving all role-play about support rolls until I have something to base the role-play on . . .

    In order:
    Venture-Captain Arvin: Morale Boost (Bluff, Diplomacy, Profession [any relevant], Sense Motive) Profession(Actor): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

    Acquisitives: Equipment Check (Engineering, Medicine, Perception, or Survival) Medicine: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

    Dataphiles: Diagnostics (Computers, Engineering, Perception, or Profession [Electrician]) Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

    Exo-Guardians: Missile Tube Cleanup (Acrobatics, Athletics, or Profession [maintenance worker]) Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

    Dataphiles

    Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

    "Good day Venture-Captain Naiaj. You will find me listed as Ilsia Kivulia on the crew manifest, but I prefer 'Kiv'. Keeps it short and easy. Sounds like we have much to do, so I will get to work right away."

    Acquisitives: Equipment Check Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
    Dataphiles: Diagnostics Computers: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
    Exo-Guardians: Missile Tube Cleanup Acrobatics (aid Osuro): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
    Venture-Captain Arvin: Morale Boost Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
    Venture-Captain Naiaj: Engine Check Piloting (aid M'shak): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
    Wayfinders: Threat Analysis Life Science: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

    Ditto on the RP after some input.

    Acquisitives

    Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

    Acquisitives: Equipment Check Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
    Dataphiles: Diagnostics Computers: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
    Exo-Guardians: Missile Tube Cleanup Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
    Venture-Captain Arvin: Morale Boost Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
    Venture-Captain Naiaj: Engine Check Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
    Wayfinders: Threat Analysis Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

    Lucky's engineering expertise serves her in good stead, but boosting other people's morale is far from her niche!

    Exo-Guardians

    SP 54/54 HP 44/44 RP 8/8 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +2

    "Private first class Rocket reporting for duty once more!"

    Rocket tries to be all around helpful and lending a hand where he can

    Acquisitives: Equipment Check To aid Osuro Medicine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
    Exo-Guardians: Missile Tube Cleanup Acrobatics aid Osuro Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
    Venture-Captain Naiaj: Engine Check aid M'shak Piloting: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

    Edit; I missed some assists
    Dataphiles: Diagnostics Computers to aid?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
    Wayfinders: Threat Analysis Engineering to aid M'shak: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    Haha, I wanted to do them one at a time so that we could RP. But let me see what I can do with all this.

    Acquisitives: Radaszam, the leader of the Acquisitives faction, works in the cargo bay of the carrier. "As you've probably surmised, things might get hairy once we’re in the Scoured Stars. Ain’t no glamor in this task, but it’s important—check these weapons, armor, medical supplies, and survival gear, and replace any faulty gear so we all might just make it back home alive." Osuro takes the lead on sifting through medical gear to make sure it's all sterilized and up to snuff, aided by Rocket, while Kiv and Lucky check all of the weapons. Radaszam returns shortly and commends your work, telling you to help yourselves to some of the sorted equipment. Once during the adventure, each of you can requisition a weapon with an item level up to your level +1 and a non-permanent-effect consumable with an item level equal to your level for the duration of one mission. The group must use this ability prior to starting a new encounter, and this ability cannot be used during the final encounter. The weapon comes with a fully charged battery or full magazine.

    Dataphiles: Historia-7, leader of the Dataphiles, shows you the carrier ship’s science station on the bridge. “Thank you for your assistance. Once we jump into the Scoured Stars, we will need to scan the system to locate any survivors from the previous expedition. Please check connections and run tests on the ship’s computers to ensure the sensors, comms, and other critical systems are running without glitches.” Each of you set to diligent work run through diagnostics on the sensors and thinning out faulty lines of code, with Rocket "overseeing" by hopping between stations. Thankful for the assistance, Historia-7 shares a priority code that allows you to divert CPU power from a carrier to their starship. You can roll twice on any one Computers check during a starship combat encounter, take the better result, and add a +4 bonus to the result. Alternatively, one of you can use this code on a ground mission, allowing that PC to count as being trained in Computers for one check (with the double roll and +4 bonus applied).

    Exo-Guardians: You meet with Zigvigix, leader of the Exo-Guardians, in the missile bay. “Hey! Thanks for showing up! I’ve got a special mission just for you! See those missile tubes? I need them checked to make sure that there’s nothing obstructing missiles from being launched, so could you climb or crawl in and have a look? I’m pretty sure it’s safe and we won’t accidentally fire you into space!” Most of you take the lead on this, climbing through the silos and scrubbing them down with lubricant to better facilitate missile launches, with Kiv running between you all to resupply cleaning agents. Thrilled with your efficiency, Zigvigix has some special ordnance loaded in your starship. During a starship combat encounter, select any one successful starship weapon attack to count as a critical hit if it hits, even if the die result isn’t a natural 20.

    Venture-Captain Arvin: Venture-Captain Arvin briefs you in the access corridor just outside the bridge. “Many Starfinders, especially newer recruits, fear what might await us in the Scoured Stars. Talk to your colleagues and see if you can lift their spirits. You have my permission to be creative— pep talks, jokes, or playing some music through the comm system are all valid options." Rocket and Lucky initially embarass themselves, but Magnus mitigates some of the damage while Osuro and Kiv rouse the entire crew's spirits with humorous and inspiring performances and anecdotes. Many Starfinders go out of their way to thank you for your support, and you sense that the entire Society's camaraderie has improved. Once during the adventure, when you use an Aid Token, they get two benefits instead of one, although cannot choose the same effect twice.

    Venture-Captain Naiaj: Venture-Captain Naiaj takes you to the hangar bay. “All right, let’s get to work. See all these ships here? Work with the chief engineer to check the engines of these transports, fighters, and scout ships, and help her make any necessary adjustments.” Rocket, Kiv, Lucky, and M'Shak all eagerly run their inspections of the fleet, expertly sifting through the ships for problems and even doing some initial repairs yourselves. Thankful for the help, the chief engineer installs a special boost switch in your ship. Once during a single starship encounter, you can force the crew of an enemy ship to take a –2 penalty to all Engineering and Piloting checks made during the round. The use of this ability must be declared at the start of the starship combat round.

    Wayfinders: Her nose and whiskers twitching, Fitch, leader of the Wayfinders, reads something on a large screen in the science lab while her children operate other consoles and devices. “Hey, can you help me with something? What we have here is a database built from references to creatures in travelers’ logs and fragments of communication signals that were sent from the Scoured Stars before the forcefield appeared. Sift through the info and take notes on what kind of threats we might face.” Fitch then pats one of her nearby children on the shoulder. “See this red guy here, Kirkath? Your notes should be: This is a balor demon, if you see one... RUN!” M'Shak, Lucky, and Rocket rapidly work through all the digital logs, cross-checking with Kiv's knowledge of biology and similar threats throughout the Pact Worlds. Going through the information gives you a good idea of what type of monsters you might face: misshapen abominations, carnivorous plants, dead things, megafauna, robots, terrible extraplanar beings, and worse. You can reroll one check to recall knowledge about any creature you encounter within the Scoured Stars. Alternatively, once during the adventure, you can instead activate this reward to gain a +2 bonus to each of your initiative checks for that encounter. You can choose to do this after rolling initiative but before the combat begins. If you use this reward against a creature you've identified with a skill check to recall knowledge, each PC gains a +4 bonus to their initiative check instead of the +2 bonus for activating this reward.

    Feel free to RP interactions during any of the above scenarios. I'll post your acquired rewards in the Campaign tag so you can reference them throughout the adventure.

    Wayfinders

    F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 | KAC 17 | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

    Acquisitives:

    As the actress starts working her way through the stacks of medical gear, she starts humming a tune from that popular new Star Sugar Heartlove!!! album, setting up a pattern as she goes through each box based on the rhythm and finishing each in the time of a full verse and chorus, letting her close a box at the end of each chorus.

    Dataphiles:

    Glancing around the area, Osuro is uncertain where to start. She sees others opening cabinets and testing connections, running diagnostic routines, and swapping some components out for others. Then she sees that one of the other workers hadn't properly seated a replacement card, so she fixes it. This gave Osuro a spark of inspiration, and she started tracing cables, double checking the connections . . ..

    Exo-Guardians:

    Osuro makes a point of stretching as she gets ready for the climb and clean. She works through a display intended to get the attention of the men around her as much as actually loosen her muscles up and prepare her for the work ahead of them. As Kiv drops off the cleaning solvents and lubricants, Osuro looks the Lashunta in the eyes. "Are you just trying to oil me up?" Finishing with a wink, of course.

    Venture-Captain Arvin:

    The young woman spends some time walking amongst the crowd, making idle chit-chat, until she realizes the mood is beginning to sour. Then she starts moving to a more central spot, grabbing a microphone as she goes. "Starfinders! What a word that is. You aren't just part of the mob. You aren't going to die in the same little hole you born in. You are going to go out, to see the universe, to discover everything you can about what was lost. Your every act in the next several days is going to help find the future for our people, by learning from our past. I am amazed at the talent, energy, skill, and heart you bring to the search. None of us could ever have hoped to do something like this, but together, we will become the difference that makes things better for our parents, our brothers and sisters, our children, our grandchildren, and on. Some of us will even find that special someone to have children with while we search." She can't miss the opportunity to reach out and stroke a man's face as she says that last bit. "Today, we prove that we are far more together than we are apart. Today, we search for answers that we know will lead to more questions, that we know will open our eyes to new place,s new people, and possibly new things. Today, we show the Pact as a whole that the Starfinders are alive, well, and eager to be the difference!"

    Didn't start in my head as a speech, but, hey . . ..


    Suddenly, every screen aboard the Starfinder fleet switches to show nominated First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo standing next to a golden obelisk about two feet in height. Behind her, a large observatory window showcases the Godshield, a shimmering force field surrounding the Scoured Stars system. Luwazi Elsebo slowly lifts her eyes from the artifact and addresses the Society.

    “Starfinders, this is the Tear, an ancient artifact some of our most skilled agents recovered during a recent mission. The Tear is our key back to the Scoured Stars—our key to liberating those who were lost a year ago. We are ready, so let’s not waste any more time.”

    Luwazi Elsebo speaks a few words in an alien language and the artifact start humming softly. She then traces her finger along the artifact’s surface, and a set of glowing runes appear around the obelisk. The golden field surrounding the Scoured Stars starts twisting upon itself, and massive gashes appear as the force field starts tearing itself apart. As the final shreds of the shimmering field evaporate, Elsebo speaks: “It is time. Good luck, Starfinders. Fleet—activate Drift engines! Go!”

    One by one, the ships of the fleet pierce the veil between the Material Plane and others, splashing through space like it was water, and then vanish into the swirling depths of the Drift.

    *****

    Whisked away through the Drift, the Starfinder Society fleet spreads across the three solar systems that form the Scoured Stars. The ships begin scanning the planets, asteroids, and other objects orbiting the three distinct stars. The fleet’s long-range sensors soon start picking up communication signals, energy signatures, and signs of life. After a quick analysis, the Society has identified a few locations where information on the lost Starfinders is most likely to be found. After nearly a year of waiting, the search for survivors can begin!

    Table GM’s conclude your preparation phase and you are now set to start Part 1.


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    Sorry for the delay folks, posting was down on the site during my one window to update. If you have not updated your info and portrait on Slide #2, please do so immediately!

    Your ship's AI quickly sifts through the deluge of data coming in from the first scouting vessels, and narrows down five possible missions for reconnaissance:

  • A life-supporting planet orbiting the first sun Agillae.
  • An inert mass of starships in the same system.
  • A derelict Society ship in near space.
  • An ice giant in outer orbit from the second star Bastiar.
  • A tidally-locked planet orbiting the third star, Callion.

    See Slide #7 for mission overviews. Please choose which mission you'd like to do first, as well as your starship model (Drake or Pegasus), now. Please do not post any permutation of "I'm good with whatever the group wants"; if you have no preference, pick one randomly and post that so we can get a consensus quickly.

  • Dataphiles

    Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

    "Seems like the Society ships would be the logical place to start. If there are no clues to where they went, we can at least begin to transfer their logs to our ships."

    Voting for the Starship Graveyard

    As to the vessel, I posted in the Discussion tab. I have a hunch we may have a third option.

    Exo-Guardians

    SP 54/54 HP 44/44 RP 8/8 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +2

    At this tier I prefer the Drake's firepower over the Pegasus. And Planet of the Dinosaurs just sounds too cool not to go to. So that would be my first choice

    Acquisitives

    Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

    I'm also in favor of the Dinosaurs

    Dataphiles

    Android Ace Pilot Operative 8 EAC25 - KAC25 | SP56/56 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +9 | Perc +15 SM +13| F +3, R +12, W +7

    Im' good with the Dinosaurs

    Wayfinders

    F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 | KAC 17 | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

    Order of preference: The Third Kind; Starship Graveyard; City of the ancients


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    The dinosaurs have it! @M'Shak, I still need your stats on Slide #2; @Magnus, I also need your initiative and Perception in the spoiler texts below.

    Fitch nods a quick greeting as she approaches on the floor of landing bay deck. “We’re getting emergency transmissions on a Starfinder frequency from Agillae-2, a habitable planet nearby. Your mission is to investigate the signal and bring back anything that might help us find survivors. The source of the signal appears to be right in the middle of a large swath of treacherous wetland that’s covered in thick vegetation, so finding a suitable spot to land on may be a challenge. Also, our bio scans indicate an incredible amount of biodiversity, so be careful out there!”

    As Fitch predicts, there are few spots where you can safely land your starship without getting branches and vines in the engines. Thankfully, a few enormous rock monoliths jut out from the steamy swamp and jungle terrain. The largest of them is only 2 miles from the destination (requiring no Piloting check to land on), while a smaller rock stands just a mile from the destination (requires a Piloting check to conduct a successful landing).

    Elect to land on the big rock, or Piloting result <17:
    You navigate past the tempting smaller rock and land safely on the large one. You then trek through a hot and humid jungle, with thick vegetation and uneven terrain taking a toll on even the most robust hiker’s endurance. One PC can attempt a Survival check to lead the party through the jungle; all PCs must make a Fortitude save.

    Upon hiking through the jungle, you must now cross a deep ravine. Each PC must make an Acrobatics or Athletics check. Any PC with reliable flight can automatically bypass this obstacle.


    Piloting result 17-19:
    You successfully land on the smaller rock, but the landing is rough, inflicting 4d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 1, 3) = 10 damage on each of you.

    Piloting result 20+:
    You land safely on the small rock, allowing your to skip the obstacles between your location and the big rock.

    As you press forward, many kinds of flying and crawling creatures harrass you on your way to the destination. Any one PC can make a Medicine or Survival check to avoid these alien parasites. All PCs must make Fortitude saves.

    Eventually the populations of biting insects makes sense, as you come across a large area of murky green water. Although fairly shallow, the water is a tiring obstacle to cross. A PC can attempt an Engineering or Survival check to build a raft. Each PC must attempt an Athletics check. Any PC with reliable flight can automatically bypass this obstacle.

    You then work your way through a valley where you encounter herds of herbivorous megafauna of three types, each with their own territories: heavily armored quadrupeds, feathered bipeds with long claws, and massive dinosaurs with long necks. You must choose a route that goes through one of the three territories.

    Life Science or Survival DC 20:
    It is safest to go through the territory of the massive dinosaurs.

    Dataphiles

    Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

    "No way we are trekking through all that. I'll set her down on that smaller outcropping."

    Piloting: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

    Dataphiles

    Android Ace Pilot Operative 8 EAC25 - KAC25 | SP56/56 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +9 | Perc +15 SM +13| F +3, R +12, W +7

    Well done Kiv! A perfect landing. Says M'Shak as her comrade land the spaceship perfectly on a roc.

    Medecine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
    Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

    Used to race in many Pact World, M'Shak knows how to deal with bitting insects, knowing how to repeal them with some medicine and helping her comrades to lessen their bites.

    Engineering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
    Athletics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

    Once facing facing the murky waters, M'Shak quickly design some raw boat to navigate through it even if she seems not so good at using it!

    Life Science: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
    Looking at the best way to go she calculates the odds of each route before saying.
    Our odds are better, I will say 79,86%, with the dinosaur.

    Wayfinders

    F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 | KAC 17 | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

    Osuro assists with helping the group avoid the worst the biting insects could do. Auto-assist with a +11

    Fortitude: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

    Athletics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

    <sigh>

    Acquisitives

    Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

    "Yeah, the big one's don't seem like they'd have a lot of fight. Probably worth something to the right people though..."

    Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 +2 if disease or poison
    Sparky's Fortitude (If necessary?): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

    Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
    Sparky's Athletics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Unless Jump Jets are enough for my drone to ignore it


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    Kiv masterfully lands the starship on the smaller rock. After that, M'Shak displays her value, helping the group repel the parasites and navigate the fetid water with a makeshift boat before leading the group past the large, peaceful dinosaurs, who don't react to your group's presence at all.

    Past the dinosaurs' feeding grounds, you see the beacon on a rocky island in the midst of a steaming swamp, the air alive with the sounds of giant insects, the shrieks of flying reptiles, and chittering of other swamp creatures.

    Survival DC 17:
    You deduce that this area is a nesting ground for carnivorous dinosaurs, and discern a path to approach without drawing too much attention to yourselves. Each PC may attempt a DC 15 Stealth check to act in the surprise round.

    Bridges: The rickety bridges require a successful DC 14 Acrobatics check to traverse safely. If a creature fails the check, the bridge breaks, and all creatures fall 5 feet and land prone in the water. Rocks: The large, jagged rocks are 10 feet tall and grant cover. The rocks require a successful DC 17 Athletics check to climb. Water: The dirty green water is shallow and counts as difficult terrain.

    Initiative:

    Rocket: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
    Kiv: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
    Osuro: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
    Lucky: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
    M’Shak: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
    Magnus: Last in order until Initiative modifier is put on Slide #2
    Red Raptor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
    Yellow Raptor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
    Green Raptor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
    Blue Raptor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male Lashunta Solarian 8 Korasha Lashunta Xenoseeker| SP 5/72 HP 60/60 | RP 7/9 EAC 24; KAC 26; DR 8/P| Fort +8; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 |spd 30| Perc: +3, SM: -1 | Photon Mode 4/4 |IW-K

    Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
    Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

    Dataphiles

    Android Ace Pilot Operative 8 EAC25 - KAC25 | SP56/56 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +9 | Perc +15 SM +13| F +3, R +12, W +7

    Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24 Can't fail this roll

    Wayfinders

    F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 | KAC 17 | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

    Bridge Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

    The actress looks around and shrugs. "This way, I guess." and starts moving out, moving across the terrain apparently without concern for the terrain itself, but with her new pistol ready at hand. She stops, ready to shoot anything which both gets close enough and seems like it is interested in attacking the group.


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    @Osuro: I put up Initiative to save time, but you might get a surprise round, so I moved you back until that's established from earlier checks. Waiting on someone to resolve the Survival check first. @All: you can hold off on your skill checks for navigating the terrain until it's your turn in the encounter, which we'll establish soon.

    Magnus Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 6

    Acquisitives

    Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

    Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 19

    "Guys, I think I see a safer way around. We can get the drop on them this way..."

    Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
    Sparky's Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    Nice work, Lucky. Lucky and Sparky can act in the surprise round, as can anyone else who succeeds on a DC 15 Stealth check.

    Dataphiles

    Android Ace Pilot Operative 8 EAC25 - KAC25 | SP56/56 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +9 | Perc +15 SM +13| F +3, R +12, W +7

    M'Shak follows Lucky's path.

    Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

    Exo-Guardians

    SP 54/54 HP 44/44 RP 8/8 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +2

    Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

    Rockets nods at Lucky Sevens words and gives a thumbs not wanting to draw attention by speaking.

    Dataphiles

    Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

    Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

    Muttering under her breath, "Let's take the deserted spaceships everyone. Now way, we should get face to face with giant killing machines! Oh, yes...that sounds much better." Well, hopefully we can avoid being detected a while longer.

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male Lashunta Solarian 8 Korasha Lashunta Xenoseeker| SP 5/72 HP 60/60 | RP 7/9 EAC 24; KAC 26; DR 8/P| Fort +8; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 |spd 30| Perc: +3, SM: -1 | Photon Mode 4/4 |IW-K

    Stealth15check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

    Magnus nods to the rest of the group.

    Wayfinders

    F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 | KAC 17 | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

    stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

    The actress sneaks along with the rest.


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    Looks like everyone gets a surprise round!

    Surprise Round (bold may post, 1 action only)
    Osuro
    Rocket
    M'Shak
    Lucky
    Kiv
    Magnus

    Round 1
    Osuro
    Rocket
    M'Shak
    Lucky

    Blue Raptor
    Green Raptor
    Kiv
    Red Raptor
    Yellow Raptor
    Magnus

    Acquisitives

    Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

    Lucky and Sparky take up positions across from the closest Raptors and open fire, mechanical and high-tech weapons whirring and slotting into place in a carefully crafted cacophony!

    Going at Yellow (probably cover), then Blue (definitely cover) if applicable
    Hunting Rifle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
    Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
    Artillery Laser: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
    Fire: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

    Hunting Rifle: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 4 = 20
    Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
    Hunting Rifle: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 4 = 23
    Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
    Artillery Laser: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
    Fire: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

    Exo-Guardians

    SP 54/54 HP 44/44 RP 8/8 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +2

    As soon as Lucky starts to shoot Rocket responds

    "Quick, let's get the drop on them"
    as he powers up his jetpack

    Surprise round - activate jetpack. Round 1 move up 30ft so I shouldn't have cover then shoot at the closest still living enemy target with my artillery laser

    To hit EAC (yellow?): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
    Fire damage if hit: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

    Dataphiles

    Android Ace Pilot Operative 8 EAC25 - KAC25 | SP56/56 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +9 | Perc +15 SM +13| F +3, R +12, W +7

    M'Shak quickly moves to her first target, using her advantage. auto succeed in my acrobatic check to cross the bridges

    Once placed, she continues moving, making noises with her communicator to disorient the creature closest to her then shoot with her weapon.

    Trick Attack (computer): 1d20 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 5 = 25
    Sonic Pistol (vs EAC): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
    Damages (So): 2d8 + 4 + 1d8 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 + (4) = 12 and deafen DC17

    the creature is flat-footed against all attacks this round

    Wayfinders

    F Human | S 35/35 | H 34/34 | R 6/6 | EAC 16 | KAC 17 | F+2 R+8 W+4 | Init+6 | Perc+10 (Lowlight/Darkvision) | SM +10 Icon (Actor) Operative (Spy) 5 | 40'

    Surprise round: Move
    First round: Move & Attack (or ready)

    Acrobatics 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
    Acrobatics 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

    If yellow still standing, attack it. If not, ready action to shot first apparently hostile target that gets within 15'

    Trick Attack (Bluff): 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 4 = 36

    Good versus CR 16, so . . ..

    Disintegrator Pistol, Liquidator vs flat-footed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

    Damage (Acid) + Trick Attack: 1d10 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (6) = 10

    Debilitating Trick leaves target Off-Target until my next turn.
    Battery @ 18 charges.


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    Looks like the website is finally back up. My internet is going to be real spotty as I travel this weekend, but I’ll try to get this game back on the rails if I can. I’ll be back 100% on Monday.

    Acquisitives

    Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

    Looking forward to it!

    Dataphiles

    Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

    Surprise round Kiv unslings her rifle preparing to line up a shot.

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male Lashunta Solarian 8 Korasha Lashunta Xenoseeker| SP 5/72 HP 60/60 | RP 7/9 EAC 24; KAC 26; DR 8/P| Fort +8; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 |spd 30| Perc: +3, SM: -1 | Photon Mode 4/4 |IW-K

    Magnus follows M'Shak but as he crosses the bridge the ropes snap and he falls into the water. Acrobatics 14 check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

    Dataphiles

    Android Ace Pilot Operative 8 EAC25 - KAC25 | SP56/56 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +9 | Perc +15 SM +13| F +3, R +12, W +7

    Good to be back online !


    Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) |

    GM Screen:
    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
    Attack vs. Osuro EAC (cover): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 1 = 9
    Damage (A): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Fort DC 12 or blind 1 round.

    Lucky and Sparky lay into the near dinosaur, affording Osuro a chance to finish it off. Rocket then fires at the northernmost beast, which M'Shak drops in conjunction with the ysoki's attack, while Lucky lays two more shots into the third reptile. The injured creature extends a frill from around its neck, which rattles as it rushes over a bridge to spit a gob of bile at Osuro, but it splats against a rock.

    Round 1 (bold may post)
    Kiv
    Red Raptor
    Yellow Raptor (dead)
    Magnus (prone, 5 feet down in water)
    Round 2
    Osuro
    Rocket (30 ft. high)
    M'Shak
    Lucky
    Blue Raptor (dead)
    Green Raptor (-17 HP)

    @M'Shak: Check your damage. Most small arms and operative weapons only provide half the PC's level in weapon specialization damage, but you have +4. It wouldn't have mattered for this kill, but let's make sure it's right moving forward.

    1 to 50 of 232 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS-PBP Gameday-GM Skeemo] 1-99 The Scoured Stars Invasion All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.