[SFS] GM kuey's Yesteryear's Truth (SFS #1-03) (Inactive)

Game Master kuey

chronicle sheets

maps and handouts


301 to 337 of 337 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

Ruuk reels from the blow and smashes the glowing tentacles into teh robot mercilessly.

Photon Attunement 2 of 3

Solar Weapon (Writhing Tentacles): 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 4 = 8
Damage; Photon attunement: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

Solar Weapon (Writhing Tentacles): 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 4 = 8
Damage; Photon attunement: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

Though his head wound makes him a bit weaker as the tentacles don't even scratch the hard metal frame.

Acquisitives

Male Human Technomancer 1 | sp:5/5; hp:9/9; rp:5/5 | eac:13; kac:15 | fort: 1; ref: 2; will: 2 | init +6 | perc: 0; sense motive: 0

As the others attack the robots, Albans takes his time casting a spell at the red robot.

Magic Missile (full round): 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) + 3 = 10

Dataphiles

Male-ish NG Android Scholar Mechanic (Exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4, Recall knowldege reroll 1/1 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1 (+2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed: 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Asier trundles into the room Ooohing and Ahhing over the outdated technology he'd heard about from his predecessor's memories, but never seen himself. After a lesurely stroll through pillars, he pulls his rifle out and trains it on the construct. He stops moving for a second and his right hand breaks into many smaller parts and they quickly works over the rifle, causing it to fire a larger than normal laser beam.

___________________
Fire in the hole!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
If that hits: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + (4) = 9
Move action while drawing his weapon and a standard to Overcharge

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 5/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |

Oh crap. I didn't notice it's the second turn. I was waiting for the other folks to go. Sorry!

"Hey! That's no way to treat a lady!, Eli shouts at the robot after it attacks back.

"Alright, well - if you came to my house and whacked me over with a stick, you could be Lady Manners - Matron of the Society for Ladylike Etiquette of Ladytown, planet Madambique... With a ladybug as a pet... And broche... Yeah I suppose that is justified. Still... THINK FAST!", she shouts as she whacks it another time.

Baton, Tactical: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d4 ⇒ 1
Trick Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 301d4 ⇒ 2

Big damage rolls here, folks!

Sovereign Court

Gallows of Madness

Alimony, I'm assuming you're going for red. Asier, I transferred your attack to orange, because...

Alimony dives for the cover of the pillar and timing when the robot would least expect it, hops up and fires a shot straight into its chest. Albans summons three arcane bolts which similarly slam into the robot, crushing it badly. Eli follows up with a graceful acrobatic twirl, adding momentum to her baton strike, which smashes the insectoid head right off!

Asier-23-9 turns his attention to the remaing robot, firing his supercharged rifle at it. This releases a blinding beam of energy, blowing off one of its four legs. Ruuk continues flailing away at the robot in the other corner, but with little success. The robot swings a touch metallic arm back at him, but Ruuk's armor stops the blow from injuring him.

Just a note in case you have not played with a solarian in the party before - stay more than 10ft away from Ruuk this round, at least until he has acted. :)

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 2: Status: Nil
~~~
red bot
orange bot (-9)
Asier-23-7
Alimony
-------
Round 2:
~~~
Eli (SP5/12)
Albans
Ruuk (SP1/14)

Terrain Info: The generators are about waist high and can provide cover to creatures standing behind them. The pillars also provide cover.

GM rolls:

orange slam vs Ruuk KAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

The plasma surrounding the writhing tentacles almost seems to get sucked back into Ruuk's hand. Though only for a moment as his entire body explodes into plasma and fire, causing a miniature supernova. He let's out on otherworldy scream from behind his facemask. Not one of pain but of immense pressure being released as the plasma reaches out to touch everything within 10 feet of him.

Supernova Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 4) = 12 DC 13 Reflex for half.

The intense heat melts a portion of the generators as well as scorches the metal on the robot.

Unattuned.

Acquisitives

N Male Ysoki Operative 3 | SP 21/21 | HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18, KAC 18, CMD 26 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +6

"Jeez, Ruuk, how do you keep exploding?" Alimony calls over conversationally, stepping forward. If the kasatha hasn't blown the robot to bits already, he fires again.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 1 = 28
Attack vs. Orange: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Extra Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 5/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |

Eli waits for Ruuk to showcase his explosive personality, and dashes to slam her baton into the remaining robot.

"He must be a blast at parties." (Hah! I'm not even sorry.)

Baton: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d4 ⇒ 3
Trick Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 231d4 ⇒ 2

Dataphiles

Male-ish NG Android Scholar Mechanic (Exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4, Recall knowldege reroll 1/1 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1 (+2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed: 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Asier's jaw goes slack as Ruuk pulls out yet another amazing explosion of fire. "How are you exploding so easily? Your anatomy wouldn't support that, and I don't see any biotech, augmnetations or magic, so jut HOW are you doing that?"

Focused on the man's amazing display he forgets to train Suzuta on the robot, and just takes two pot shots.

_________________
Lazer rifle, multi shot: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Lazer rifle, multi shot: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 4 = 2
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Acquisitives

Male Human Technomancer 1 | sp:5/5; hp:9/9; rp:5/5 | eac:13; kac:15 | fort: 1; ref: 2; will: 2 | init +6 | perc: 0; sense motive: 0

Albans moves further into the room and fires his pistol at the remaining robot (assuming it hasn't been destroyed by now).

Attack vs. KAC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage (p): 1d6 ⇒ 1

Sovereign Court

Gallows of Madness

A fiery blast tears through NE corner of the room, centred on Ruuk. The robot detects the rising temperature almost instantaneously and presses itself flat into the corner, avoiding some of the blast. The room lights flicker briefly when the generators are hit.

Alimony recovers from the surprise of the explosion and catches the robot which is still recovering from the attack to graze it with a shot from his pistol. Eli runs up and slams her baton across its head, leaving it tottering, in time for Asier-23-7 to finish it off with a well-placed shot.

Combat Over! Character Status:
Eli (SP5/12)
Ruuk (SP1/14)

GM rolls:

orange ref: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Silence descends on the room, save for the continuous whirling sounds from the generators. In the near-silence, it also becomes clear that the sound emanating from the northern generator is a bit ... off. You had noticed that the console on the northern generator had been flashing red when you entered, and after the explosion, is flashing at a higher frequency.

If you examine the generator, Engineering DC18:
You take apart the generator and trace the cause of the warning to a malfunction in one of its coils. It seems to have worn down after centuries of use, although the recent disruption have dislodged it further. After 20 minutes, and with some spare parts you ransacked from the storage slots, you managed to repair the damaged coil, ending Arkeost’s current power fluctuations.

As you search through the room, you find the northeast storage slots that held one of the ghibrani guardbots contains a set of equipment . They are probably left over from the ancient living ghibrani soldiers who operated out of this area. The set includes an ember flame doshko, two shock grenades II, and a set of casual stationwear armor.

The door to the east awaits.

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

Ruuk shrugs. "It happens as the adrenaline of battle begins. I feel a pressure begin to surge. It builds to a point that I just can't seem to hold it anymore. For some reason it doesn't seem to hurt me though. Praise Besmara." He touches one hand to his heart and another to his forehead.

He notices the flashing red light and moves over to the generator. "This can't be good." He taps the light.

Acquisitives

N Male Ysoki Operative 3 | SP 21/21 | HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18, KAC 18, CMD 26 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +6

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Alimony inspects the generator, or at least tries to. "Not sure what's up with this junk heap," he frowns, poking it a few times. "That smart guy I trapped in my head must be on break. Are any of yours working?"

While other mechanically-inclined people check it out, the ysoki looks over the storage with glee. "Looks as if coming down here wasn't always taboo...?"

Dataphiles

Male-ish NG Android Scholar Mechanic (Exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4, Recall knowldege reroll 1/1 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1 (+2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed: 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Asier moves over to the downed robots and starts trying to pick them apart making small observations and utterances as he does. When Alimony draws his attention to the control panel, the android moves over and takes a look at it. "Ohhh, this is an interesting set up, it reminds me of something you'd see quite some time ago... but I don't know if these work the same way and the system instructions are all in the indecipherable native language. Alimony, maybe we could work together on this?"

___________
Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Sovereign Court

Gallows of Madness

You can take 10 on this check since it is out of combat.

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

While Alimony and Asier work on the deadly, blinking light Ruuk investigates the eastern door.

Acquisitives

Male Human Technomancer 1 | sp:5/5; hp:9/9; rp:5/5 | eac:13; kac:15 | fort: 1; ref: 2; will: 2 | init +6 | perc: 0; sense motive: 0

Albans approaches the blinking panel and examines it. After a few moments hesitation (taking 10 for 18 Engineering), he unscrews a panel and starts pulling out components. Holding up a coil in one hand, he says "So, you're the little glitch that almost got me killed, eh? Let's see what can be done about that." He spends about twenty minutes scavenging parts from the destroyed bots and testing them until he finds what he is looking for. He plugs the replacement in and puts the panel back in place.

Sovereign Court

Gallows of Madness

Alimony, Asier-23-7 and Albans crowd around the generator, dismantling and studying the components. Eventually, Albans spots the malfunctioning part and replaces it from some sacavenged components. When he reboots the system, the red blinking light no longer appears. And if you listen carefully, the whirring sounds from the machines throughout the complex sounds more gentle and peaceful.

Meanwhile, Ruuk examines the eastern door but it does not appear trapped or even locked. It opens easily with a touch of a button and the team cautiously enters. The temperature of this narrow room is a few degrees warmer than the previous chambers. Racks of computers line the walls, with tiny lights blinking and hard drives audibly whirring. A single terminal stands opposite the only door to the west, an input prompt flashing serenely.

There's a computer check but the DC is laughably low at 13, so I'll just move on.

Accessing the terminal poses little difficulty and when you do, a whole swathe of information from hundreds of years ago become accessible. Photos and videos of Elytrio filled with lush greenery and life. Photos and videos of a ghibrani race that looked like a cross between the husk and the membranes. (In fact, they bear very close semblance to the security bots you fought earlier.) Information on the orbital defense system that had been set up to protect the planet. Images of countless technologically advanced cities just like Arkeost.

Followed by these, however, are a series of news reports and newscasting of the escalating tensions between several nation-states. It seems the ancient ghibranis paid their respects to an aspect of Damoritosh — a god of war most commonly worshipped by the vesk in modern times. This worship shaped the race into a strong coalition of militarized states, with religious servants of Damoritosh in key advisory positions. In the decades that came with the chaos following the Gap, the addled state of the world's leaders exacerbated existing tensions which led to an all out war. A cataclysmic nuclear war that wiped out much of the ghibrani, and life on Elytrio.

A small percentage of ghibranis survived the devastation for a powerful force field spared the metropolis of Arkeost the brunt of the nuclear war, but subsequent radiation carried by shifting wind currents wracked the city. Many died, but a sizable population endured. That's when you come across a disturbing video. In it, a very elderly ancient ghibrani faces the camera in a vid-confession.

"The city was dying. Even with the severe depopulation, Arkeost lacked the resources to sustain the survivors. The Council devised a plan in a bid to save at least a proportion. By deceiving our own people. We purposefully engineered several additional minor disasters to trouble the already badly shaken populace. We then seeded rumors that an angry Damoritosh was responsible for this “divine” punishment. We devised the creation of a false deity — Mother Touloo — who promised salvation to those ghibranis who gave up the comforts of civilization. Agents planted within the populace spread this false religion. It worked. They managed to convince and lead a sizeable contingent of ghibranis into the wastelands. Meanwhile, we and our family and friends remained behind."

"What fate befell for those who left by our deception I know not. We had not attempted to contact them, and by the decrees of their "Mother Touloo", none have returned. Sometimes at night, I lie awake pondering on their fate. It was necessary to ensure the survival of our species, yet why do I agonise over it still after so many years? I can only put down on record our deed before I pass, and leave it for future generations to pass judgement. I would ask for my god's forgiveness, but I no longer know what I believe." The ghibrani cut off the recording abruptly here.

You find that you are able to download all this information onto your personal datapads or other digital storage devices. That is the easy part. Now, what are you going to do with this information?

Seriously, what are you going to do with this information?

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 5/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |

Eli downloads EVERYTHING into her datapad as she watches the recording. "Well, there goes my theory. They just nuked themselves.", she sighs and shakes her head. "You think the council knows? Maybe they are several generations beyond forgetting. I mean did you see how different they are from the ghibrani outside of the dome?"

"They clearly have the technology to build these domes, so why not make more?"

Dataphiles

Male-ish NG Android Scholar Mechanic (Exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4, Recall knowldege reroll 1/1 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1 (+2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed: 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Oh, great, the nuclear war I had guessed at, but I wasn't expecting an ethical quandary to accompany it.

Asier watches the confession in mute almost-but-not-quite-horror. That explains so much about this planet... Do we tell them the truth though? Decidedly not ready to tackle the ethical conundrum that that question poses, he instead switches to the problem posed by Eli.

"I doubt the Council is aware, to see this level of genetic variation, even in a high radiation environment like the aftermath of a thermonuclear war would require many generations, and this sounds like it's been more than a few centuries since then."

He pauses for a second and composes his thoughts. "Given that they aren't allowed down here, and that many of the robots and machines we've seen are from the same time period, I doubt that the current generations have enough technological skills and understanding to build more domes, much less spacecraft.”

”The Starfinders do outreach programs, do they not? Might we be able to convince them to start an education program here and teach them how to build and maintain the technology here?”

Having cleared everything else he could think of off his mind he gives a sigh and finally tackles the issue of what to say about the revelations in the video. After a few agonizing moments, the pain clear on his otherwise android-flat face, Asier gives a sigh and starts talking again. ”We should tell them. I would rather not; however, any technicians that come down this way are going to find this information. In a best case scenario the information might catalyze change and a reclaiming of the technologies of centuries ago, but it could also lead to unrest and ultimately societal decline.”

”Does anyone have any idea on how to put a positive spin on this? Religions that started false and then became legitimized, or someway that this will not completely undercut the ‘husk’s’ legitimacy and way of life?”

Sovereign Court

Gallows of Madness

Oh yes, and specifically who are you going to tell? :)

Acquisitives

N Male Ysoki Operative 3 | SP 21/21 | HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18, KAC 18, CMD 26 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +6

Alimony starts looking very intent all of a sudden. "Yeah, this changes things. I also think we should tell 'em. Keeping the bandage on hasn't been our M.O. so far. Granted, this is even bigger than the whole space thing."

"Either way, it's going to be a toughie. The Society - or someone else - will probably be helping out a lot in the near future."

"In this case, though, I'd go for telling everyone. Even if it might lead to problems, it should top living in the slavery of ignorance. What I'm concerned about is trust, especially from the husks. Sure, we've been nice and done some favors. But would you believe some stranger who waltzed into your life and said your god was a lie?"

Asier-23-7 wrote:
”Does anyone have any idea on how to put a positive spin on this? Religions that started false and then became legitimized, or someway that this will not completely undercut the ‘husk’s’ legitimacy and way of life?”

"If they trust us enough to hear that out," the ysoki notes, but takes a moment to think about it. "Maybe we can tell them that their belief is more important. Nothing needs to change (in that regard), they can still use their magic."

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

"We don't know how extremist they are with their religion yet. Either one of them could turn on us or even each other with the news." Ruuk muses at the thought. "We should probably just let the Starfinder Society deal with it on their own terms. One where we are not in the Ghibrani's direct line of fire when they are told."

Sovereign Court

Gallows of Madness

Will need a group decision on this as it affects the ending. :) Doubt we can get a consensus so majority wins. Those who have piped up feel free to change your mind after hearing the arguments from the rest of your team.
Eli:
Asier-23-7: tell both husks and membranes (?)
Alimony: tell both husks and membranes
Ruuk: tell no one
Albans:

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 5/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |

"Maybe we should tell Klarima? She seems trusted by both groups, and we can consult it with her beforehand. She might provide some insight.", Eli scratches her heat with the baton.

Dataphiles

Male-ish NG Android Scholar Mechanic (Exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4, Recall knowldege reroll 1/1 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1 (+2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed: 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Asier nods at Eli's idea. "Yes, talking to someone with a better grasp of both cultures would probably be the best. She might give us an idea of how beneficial or devastating the news would be, and how best to present it so that it is accepted and handled with tact. But unless she strongly suggests otherwise, I say we inform both groups, and extend an offer of neutral support if things don't look like they will be settled easily."

Acquisitives

Male Human Technomancer 1 | sp:5/5; hp:9/9; rp:5/5 | eac:13; kac:15 | fort: 1; ref: 2; will: 2 | init +6 | perc: 0; sense motive: 0

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I had a crazy busy day defending my thesis. Went well though!

Albans watches the videos without showing much reaction. When the last has finished playing, he says dryly "Well, I guess that's that."

He listens to the others discuss the merits and drawbacks of telling the ghibrani about the discovery. He sighs and says "We do not get paid enough to make decisions like this. Honestly, though, I think it might be best to let the past stay buried in this case. In a twisted way, the apocalypse gave these people a new beginning. And sure, maybe Mother Touloo is fictional, but the way they those husks look out for each other in her name is very real. And 'she' seems much less likely to cause this planet harm on the scale that worship of Damoritosh did."

When Asier mentions the possibility of ghibrani finding the information for themselves, Albans says "We do have copies. We could easily purge the local systems of these logs..."

One vote for telling nobody.

"Of course, if we do end up telling them, I vote we do it from on board the ship. Nothing like a bank of rail guns and torpedoes to make difficult conversations go smoothly."

Sovereign Court

Gallows of Madness

Hmm, getting a bit of impasse here. I've got 2 to consult Klarima, 2 to tell both husks and membranes and 2 to tell no one... :) That adds up to 6 with 5 people. Heh heh...
Eli: consult Klarima
Asier-23-7: consult klarima, then tell both husks and membranes
Alimony: tell both husks and membranes
Ruuk: tell no one
Albans: tell no one

Acquisitives

N Male Ysoki Operative 3 | SP 21/21 | HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18, KAC 18, CMD 26 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +6

Alimony's head swivels back and forth as team talks it out. "All our points are valid in some way. They're doing fine right now, sure. But at some point this is getting out. That's just the way things go. Then we'll seem dishonest or something."

"I think we should talk to Klarima. She's curious, but I think we can trust her to silence - at least, for a bit. Then we can make a better decision."

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

Ruuk crosses his arms. "I don't think it's a good idea but I'll go along with the majority. Though you are setting up a mutiny on your hands."

Sovereign Court

Gallows of Madness

Ok, will go with telling Klarima.

With the heavy burden in their minds and hearts, the Starfinders make their back out of the Mainframe. Councillor Tameezo is waiting for you outside together with Klarima. Both express great curiosity with your findings. Apparently, the taboo also does not prevent them from finding out what is inside the Mainframe through third parties. However, with the other ghibrani present, it is not convenient to speak to Klarima at this time and so you merely share on the machines and robots encountered. Tameezo is especially pleased when you mentioned the repair of the generator, but also somewhat embarrassed that their Mainframe could have malfunctioned. He pledges the ghibrani's eternal gratefulness (well, the membranes at least) but also humbly requests that you avoid sharing that information with the other ghibrani for fear of planting doubt in the populace. He then excuses himself and takes flight back towards the city centre, perhaps to monitor that indeed the power fluctuations have ended.

Finally, you have time alone with Klarima, and gradually but steadily unload the news to her. She listens with growing unease, and when you finish, she stands for a few moments staring blank-eyed at you, stunned from having her worldview completely ripped out from under her.

She finally stutters, "Oh, oh, oh, how horrid an act! To send our cousins out to their deaths! But oh, oh, they survived! And thrive even, despite the hardships. Sigh, and yes, I can understand why our forebears did what they did. We have a life of comfort now, but sparse though our records are, life in the immediate aftermath of the Great War was difficult. Perhaps indeed, that ploy kept the ghibrani alive as a race. Oh, oh, oh... "What should I do with this information? Oh, oh, oh, what a burden you have laid on me."

Klarima falls silent for some time, analysing the situation and gradually calms down. "My people are quite comfortable now so if the Most Elevated know about this, they would likely see no reason to change the way we currently live. The tradition of keeping the Mainframe area taboo will ensure that the news does not get out for some time. But can I just leave it at that?"

"But our cousin husks, they will be terribly upset. And I believe more so about the lie of their goddess then being deceived to leave Arkeost! Almost every aspect of the husks' lives revolve around Mother Touloo. How would they take the news? Will this rekindle another Great War?" You can't help but recall how competently Dystane and her pack of hunters wielded their weapons, in contrast to the membranes who have almost every task taken care of by their drones.

"Sigh, this news is too big for me alone. I have to report this to the Most Elevated, even if I know they will not take action. But do I inform the husks? They have been done a great dishonor, and keeping this from them only worsens the lie. But dear friends, I relief this burden from you, my friends. I thank you for trusting me with this information. This is an important part of our history and at the very least, I am glad it is no longer hidden. I'll take care of this. There is much I need to think about." She pauses here briefly, then adds on, "Perhaps it is time you are on your way." It seems that grateful as she is, you have worn out your welcome.

Klarima escorts the party back to the force field to open an exit for them. "You have given me much to think about, new friends," are her last words to you.

---

Back at Absalom Station, you report your findings to Captain Arvin. "Hmm, I can see how you had found yourself in a difficult position. While it is clear that this ghibrani Klarima will inform her own leaders, it seems that she could very well share this news with the other faction as well. I know not the outcomes of letting this news out, and we can only keep our eye on Elytrio for future developments. Whatever the case is, you have done well. You have made first contact, and build strong friendships with both factions of the ghibrani. This bond you have forged with both parties might come in critical in the days to come."

The End

Acquisitives

N Male Ysoki Operative 3 | SP 21/21 | HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18, KAC 18, CMD 26 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +6

Alimony helps the others explain the situation. "We'll see how it all goes, I guess. That's life," he concludes.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to...have a civil discussion with Venture-Captain Naiaj. I heard tell a ysoki got drugged and shoved into the nearest starship, so I figured she should know."

Dataphiles

Male-ish NG Android Scholar Mechanic (Exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4, Recall knowldege reroll 1/1 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1 (+2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed: 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Asier stops Alimony from leaving immediately. "No, first we are getting you a full checkup. No one goes through three weeks of being in a drug-induced near coma without IV's or a water source. I want verification that you aren't dehydrated or malnourished first!"

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 5/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |

"Speaking of...", Eli speaks up. "We should all get checked for increased radiation levels and go grab a few plates of tomato soup. I'm buying."

Acquisitives

N Male Ysoki Operative 3 | SP 21/21 | HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18, KAC 18, CMD 26 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +6

"Fine, I'll get a checkup. But tomato soup first! Food and free are two of my favorite things."

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 5| SP 7/40; HP 39/39 | RP 5/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 (DR 5/—; Resist cold 5, fire 5) | Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7
Consumables:
Battery 20/20 (Laser Pistol); 20/20 Liquid Dis

Ruuk puts a small bit of thought into it. They are probably sick from the radiation he is outputting from my body In fact he had been noticing folks getting sicker and sicker around him. Definitely made keeping and recruiting new crew members a lot harder.

Ruuk now has a radiation aura that makes those around him sick.

Acquisitives

Male Human Technomancer 1 | sp:5/5; hp:9/9; rp:5/5 | eac:13; kac:15 | fort: 1; ref: 2; will: 2 | init +6 | perc: 0; sense motive: 0

"Tomatoe soup sounds excellent. And if it isn't very good, I have just the solution."

301 to 337 of 337 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] GM kuey's Yesteryear's Truth (SFS #1-03) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.