[SFS] GM kuey's The Commencement (SFS #1-01) - PbP GD6 (Inactive)

Game Master kuey

maps and handouts

chronicle sheets


251 to 300 of 325 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Dataphiles

Male Vesk Mechanic 1 | init +0 | perc +4; low-light vision | speed 20' | SP 7/7; HP 12/12; RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 16; CMAC 24 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +0; +2 vs fear

Nyizin snarls in anger as the energy blast causes her controls to momentarily freeze, then attempts to regain control.

Piloting: 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 - 4 = 6 (including -4 from Laboni's energy weapon)

It's no use, though, and her vehicle slams uselessly into the guard rails. Deciding to answer in kind, Nyizin fires her weapon at Laboni:

Kinetic Weapon: 1d20 + 8 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 3 = 8

But her targeting controls seem to be malfunctioning as well.

"It's now or never," she mutters, before slamming her fist down on the red button set into her control panel. Activating her special ability that boosts speed in exchange for reduced AC

Dataphiles

Male-ish NG Android Scholar Mechanic (Exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4, Recall knowldege reroll 1/1 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1 (+2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed: 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Asier takes back the controls of the kinetic weapon and takes aim at Orisis, having decided the ysoki is too far behind to be a threat to anyone.

He also pulls out a headset and flicks it on. "Laboni! I know we've been doing most of the racing here but there's one thing you can do to finish this in one fell swoop. Just press that red button in the middle of the controls that we told you not to touch."

__________
Kinetic weapon: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20
Telling Laboni to activate the boon from Nyizin. If I'm not mistaken, it should end the race this turn and make the drawback moot.

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 5/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |

Eli considers the option, then turns to Asier - "Fast and steady wins the race, Twenty-Three. Laboni, if you're not planning on using this vehicle in the future, go for it."

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

Ratrod piloting, taunted: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 2 = 12
Ratrod energy weapon vs Velocity, taunted: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 2 = 17

"Oh, Ratrod is fighting to his vehicle back under control. Ah he gets it moving again, but he is still crashing against the sides of the arena. He's is firing again, but oh, not at Laboni but at Velocity. It's a hit! He seems resigned that he can't catch up to her, and instead vying for second place. But not with the way he's flying."

"Velocity is firing again, but oh, her aim is off this time, missing both shots at Orsis. Ah, a solid hit on Nyizin though! Oh, that is sending the Ryphorian's craft careening wildly... She gets it under control, but has certainly lost some ground. She fires at the Laboni the leader, but the wildly flying racer has thrown off her aim. Oh, she's engaging her afterburner but it's going to take a while to kick in. Does she have the time?"

"Laboni's attacks are top form, though. That is two solid hits on Orsis, who was flying straight and true but these two shots have sent unbalanced his craft as well. Laboni is unmolested and continues plowing ahead. And oh, seems she has an afterburner installed as well. Laboni blasts off ahead... Laboni crosses the finishing line! Laboni is the winner!!!"

Round 5: Piloting Rolls Outcome
Laboni: 21 -> full speed x 2
Ratrod: 12 -> half speed
Velocity: 16-4=12 -> half speed
Orsis: 17-4-4=9 -> half speed
Nyizin: 10-4=6 -> half speed

See race map for final positions. You guys are way ahead. Good job!

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

As soon as Laboni pilots the racer back to the pit, she hops of excitedly, wrenches of her helmet and runs to give each of you a hug. "Oh thank you, thank you! I know it was not really me racing, or firing those guns. Or even in modifying the craft. I would never have been able to do this without you! This is your victory, not mine. Thank you!" Tears of joy flow down her face.

Ratrod at the adjoining pit slumps over in his craft, defeated. He glances over at your celebrations and lifelessly stumbles off, still unbelieving at how far he has fallen.

With a gentle nudge from you, Laboni sees and while still ecstatic over her victory, is humbled by her near-crush-by-trash-compactor experience. She carefully makes her way over to Ratrod. The ysoki grunts when she approaches. "Yeah, go on. Rub it in, will ya! Hmmph!"

Laboni turns red briefly, but takes a deep breath and instead holds out her hand. "Ratrod, I came over not to gloat, but to apologise. My big mouth and idle boasting was uncalled for. The win today proves nothing, for it is through my crew from the Starfinder Society that we won, not me." She gestures over to you and continues. "I believe you are still the better racer and I know that, even when I was shooting off my mouth. But if you and the Salvage Union would allow it though, I would like the chance to keep competing in your race. And one day, win on my own merit!" She turns and gives you a wink.

Ratrod snorts, still trying to act tough, but clearly Laboni's words of reconciliation has caught him by surprise. He struggles for a moment, debating whether to seize this chance to put her down. But recognising the olive branch when it is offered, Ratrod mutters back, "Hmmmph, I'll look forward to that." He attempts to stomp away, but the sting from the loss and indignation from Laboni's bad mouthing earlier has largely been soothed away.

The prize-giving ceremony was a long drawn out affair, filled by cheering fans both in the audience and in the aether-space channels. Laboni races back over again as soon as it is offer and presses the rewards to you. "Please, the award really goes to you."

You have received a graphite carbon skin armor and 400 credits.

As you are leaving the arena, a short message arrives from Radazam.
Saw the race. Most impressive win. That the Starfinder team won with such a large margin would go far in lifting the image of the Society. And earn the respect of the Salvage Union. You have my support for your Commencement.

Congrats! On to the last faction!

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

Exo-Guardians
The Exo-Guardians do not currently have a headquarters on Absalom Station, but their leader, Zigvigix the shirren, resides in the poor but trendy neighborhood of Downlow. A long-standing member of the Exo-Guardians, Zigvigix suffered severe injuries prior to the Society’s expedition to the Scoured Stars, which prevented them from taking part. Eventually, they took up leadership of the remaining Exo-Guardians on the advice of First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo.

Garbage litters the ground around the district’s largest art park—a cement lot filled with undulating metal sculptures and covered in graffiti of grotesquely adorable creatures. The sounds of music and chatter drift over from the nearby clubs, chronically interrupted by the roar of the local gangsters’ engines. A heavily augmented host shirren is sitting on one of the park benches, eating a simple meal of cold grub-noodles and rice candy. Their antennae perk up at the tremor of approaching footsteps. “Welcome, new Starfinders! And congratulations!” the shirren’s voice telepathically projects. “My speech-name is Zigvigix, but feel free to call me Ziggy, if that would be easier for you. Have some rice candy to celebrate your graduation! Today is your big day!"

“When you are ready, I have two assignments I could use assistance with. The first is to help me secure a new headquarters on Absalom Station. I’ve been in talks with our station’s protectors, the Stewards, and they were kind enough to give us ownership of a warehouse here in Downlow for that purpose! The current owners no longer want it because a vicious alien took it over and kills anyone who goes inside. Once the alien is gone and the warehouse cargo has been returned to its owners, we can start installing desks and computers, so please go in and incinerate the creature!"

“My second assignment...” Zigvigix twitches their tooth barbs for a moment and then holds out a credstick. “Please buy the brand-new Strawberry Machine Cake album, Star Sugar Heartlove!!!, which is out today, and give it to Historia-7 when you see her. She is the head of the Dataphiles, so you should meet her today! I wish to do it myself, but I... I have trouble standing for long periods of time. Thank you very much! Do you have any questions?”

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 5/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |

Eli distributes high-fives all around. "Nice work on the racer and nice shooting, folks! Well done!"

She waits for Ratrod to cross the finish line (assuming he manages to do so) and comes up to the Ysoki with a grin on her face. "Why were you boasting, exactly? You're a rubish pilot, even when cheating." She lets that sink in and hopefully see steam rushing out of the weasel's ears, and decides to add some salt to the wound.

"Next time when you brag, be sure to brag about skills you -actually- possess."

Hah! And all of that after Laboni's apology. #notevensorry

At Zigvigix's place:

Eli raises an eyebrow after the standing comment. "Nice to meet you. Questions, yes. Erm - How is standing for prolonged periods connected to the purchase?"

Wayfinders

Female Damya Lashuntas Envoy 2 (Icon). | HP 16/16 STAM 10/10 Res 5| EAC 11 KAC 12 ACvs CMD 20 F: -1, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +11, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"A warehouse? Why not something a bit, well, more? And, along those lines, what type of alien are we talking about here? Finally, and I am super curious about this, an Album????? You want us to buy an album?"

Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + (4) + 8 = 14

Exo-Guardians

Android Technomancer 2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +1, Low-light/Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | SP: 12/12, HP: 14/14, RP: 12/12| EAC: 13, KAC: 15, CMAC: 23 | Fort: +1 (+3 vs disease/poison), Ref: +2, Will: +4 (+6 vs mind)
Abilities/Spells/Shots Used:
1st Level Spells Used: 0 (of 3); Energize Spell Used: 0 (of 1); Arc Pistol: 0 (of 20); Tactical Pistol: 0 (of 9);
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

Antares wonders why all these people seem to hold the race in such high esteem. The android shakes her head at all the pomp and circumstance shown to the winner - though she is satisfied that the Starfinders have gained some amount of reputation.

As they depart, Antares speaks with Eli. "I noted that Laboni spoke words of apology to Ratrod, while you did the very opposite. Is this a custom among humans? Is it... randomly determined somehow whether you taunt or make peace with your adversaries? It seems very strange to me."

When the speak with Zigvigix, the technomancer speaks up in response to Madrigal's query. "I heard talk earlier about something like this. A dangerous alien predator was loose somewhere in the Downlow district, I believe. The creature had been cornered in a warehouse, and had killed a security officer with a harpoon-like natural projectile. If this is the same creature, we had best exercise extreme caution."

Antares then turns back to Zigvigix. "An... album? I had though we were to purchase a pastry with a red berry filling?"

GM Kuey, just a quick reminder that Antares is still 'fatigued' from the radiation exposure, in case I forget! I don't think it had any effect in the race, since I think all of my checks were INT-based (except as Velocity), but it will probably be relevant very soon!

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 5/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |

Eli responds to Antares while they walk. "Eeeh - it's an individual thing. It's how our males bond. Sort of. It's complicated."

She thinks briefly, then carries on. "Look. I hate cheaters, okay? Blame it on personal bias. And EVEN IF he wasn't cheating, he was pretty slow, so I had to put him in his place after that challenge to our fellow Starfinder."

"I know it wasn't the polite thing to do, and maybe not even a really mature one. But I don't beat around the bush. At least not too often."

Exo-Guardians

Android Technomancer 2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +1, Low-light/Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | SP: 12/12, HP: 14/14, RP: 12/12| EAC: 13, KAC: 15, CMAC: 23 | Fort: +1 (+3 vs disease/poison), Ref: +2, Will: +4 (+6 vs mind)
Abilities/Spells/Shots Used:
1st Level Spells Used: 0 (of 3); Energize Spell Used: 0 (of 1); Arc Pistol: 0 (of 20); Tactical Pistol: 0 (of 9);
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

Antares thinks on what Eli said and nods after a moment. "I believe I understand. I too felt a surge of emotion when he dissipated that energy blast that should have slowed him down, as he was doing to us. It seemed... wrong, somehow. He is a cheater, then. That is an apt description, I think."

Exo-Guardians

Male LN vesk bounty hunter soldier 1 | SP 9/9 HP 13/13 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +2; +2vsfear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

During the ceremony, Hakrinag carries himself as though he were being celebrated as a war hero. He cheers vigorously as the results are announced. He also accepts the awards from Laboni with bravado and excessive posturing. VICTORY IS OURS! I'd shoot that rat into the damn ground if I had to!

"RAAAAHHHHH!" he roars at the order to hunt down a creature. "THIS is why I joined the Starfinders. Let us hunt first, I will not waste any time on this album until the creature is laid low before me!" he declares, hefting his cannon over his shoulder. "TO THE WAREHOUSE!"
________
Daramak, not to be a party pooper, but I was reviewing my abilities and only I can use the grenades I make :(

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Vesk Mechanic 1 | init +0 | perc +4; low-light vision | speed 20' | SP 7/7; HP 12/12; RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 16; CMAC 24 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +0; +2 vs fear

Daramak breathes out a sigh of relief as Laboni crosses the finish line. He stands up and tries to stretch some of the tension in his shoulders away; having no control over the outcome of the situation has been stressful for him. He joins the others in celebrating and says to Laboni, "No need for thanks, us Starfinders watch after our own. Just try to stay out of trouble going forward."

Later:
As the group wanders through the park, Daramak wonders what purpose the art could possibly serve. He shudders as Zigvigix's thoughts intrude in his mind and memories of the thought-screams of Swarm warriors boarding his ship flood to the surface of his consciousness. He manages to shake it off in time to hear most of the briefing, though. "Secure the warehouse, atomize the monster. Yes sir." As Zigvigix mentions their second request, Daramak gets a concerned look on his face. "Sir, are you alright? Sir? Your telepathy seems to be breaking up..."

Medicine: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Is Zigvigix having some kind of fit?

Medicine: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 Am I having some kind of fit?

Daramak looks warily at the other members of his team, wondering if they are hearing what he is hearing.

Dataphiles

Male Vesk Mechanic 1 | init +0 | perc +4; low-light vision | speed 20' | SP 7/7; HP 12/12; RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 16; CMAC 24 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +0; +2 vs fear
Hakrinag Bonecrusher wrote:
Daramak, not to be a party pooper, but I was reviewing my abilities and only I can use the grenades I make :(

Oh, right! Sorry about that. Daramak will have not taken the grenade, then. And I agree, let's go hunt us a monster first!

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

Ah!!! I wrote up a long post last night, but I think I forgot to hit submit!!! Sigh...

"I believe the creature is what is known as a feather stalker, a predator far more unpleasant than its name implies. As Antares-1 has pointed out, it can fire its feathers like a harpoon. Hmm, why don't I just show you." Ziggy pulls out a tablet from their tote bag, and with a few quick taps on the screen, pulls up a video projection in front of you. The scene appears to be inside a warehouse, and the movement is seen from a man who is carefully checking the contents of crate to crate. Suddenly, one of the crates a short distance behind him burst open, revealing what can only be described as a big ball of feathers. It fires a few long spears of feathers in rapid succession, puncturing the unfortunate man. Satisfied that it has taken down its prey, it then slithers forward and starts feeding on the corpse.

"As far as the Stewards have been able to piece together, that man is a two-bit crime lord who illegally imported the creature. Or was, rather. Let me send the holorecording to you for further study."

life science DC14:
As Ziggy has shared, the creature is a large aberration known as a feather stalker. One thing you have heard of such creatures is that while they have innate resistances to energy, what type they have resistance to varies from creature to creature.
For every 5 you beat the DC, you may ask for additional information about the creatures. Or you can just leave it to me to share what I feel you are most likely to know.

The conversation then moves to the 2nd task. Ziggy turns and stares Antares-1, bug-eyed. "You don't know Strawberry Machine Cake!?!?" their incredulous voice swarms into your minds. "They are like only the most wildly successful sugar-pop band across all of the Pact Worlds!" They take a moment to settle down before continuing. "Yes, I would like your help to buy their latest album, a real physical album. Sounds so anachronistic, doesn't it. Well, it's a publicity stunt by their mangers to release this first via encrypted datapads. To give the adoring fans something physical from the band they can hold on to. How utterly quaint! And the publicity this has generated! Lines have started forming three nights ago." Ziggy pauses briefly, their expression unreadable, then continues. "Historia-7 has seemed down after losing her mentor in the Scoured Stars. I am hoping the sugar-pop music can cheer up the android. Remember how upbeat their last hit song, Munching Lollipops, was? Oh oh, or how their first major hit, Rolling Down the Rollercoaster of Cotton Candy actually inspired the two warring gangs down in the Spike to set aside their feud? No surprise - the band’s music always makes me feel better. Sigh, too bad I find it difficult to stand in line for long - I'll have to wait three weeks before they release the songs on aetherspace."

sense motive DC17:
You note that despite clearly being a big fan, Zigvigix is not buying a copy for themself. The shirren’s response makes it clear that despite their obvious desire, they downplay their opinion when it might benefit themself and seem uncomfortable spending money on their own personal wants—an oddity for the highly individual shirrens.

Finally he turns to look at Daramak in some confusion, which then morphs into concern. "Um, are you alright? The rest of you are hearing me loud and clear, right?"

Ok, I've got one vote for the warehouse first. The rest of you ok with that?

Wayfinders

Female Damya Lashuntas Envoy 2 (Icon). | HP 16/16 STAM 10/10 Res 5| EAC 11 KAC 12 ACvs CMD 20 F: -1, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +11, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Well, the group is itching for a fight, so yah, go there. However, getting a record sounds to easy to be easy....

Exo-Guardians

Male LN vesk bounty hunter soldier 1 | SP 9/9 HP 13/13 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +2; +2vsfear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"Very well, there is a rogue pillow in the warehouse. We can grab the album on the way back. Are there more questions? There is hunting to do!" he asks impatiently.
________

Rolls:

Sense Motive, DC 17: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 5/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |

Crunch:
Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
SM: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"I'm with Hakrinag. Music can wait. People are being threatened by that - heh - 'pillow', as our charming stewardess puts it."

Eli is clearly up for laughs even in dire situations. A coping mechanism, perhaps?

"Uh - yea I hear you fine. What was that, Daramak?", she pokes the vesk in the shoulder.

Dataphiles

Male-ish NG Android Scholar Mechanic (Exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4, Recall knowldege reroll 1/1 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1 (+2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed: 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Asier listens to what is being said around him, nodding occasionally in agreement, but when the video of the feather stalker comes out it rivets his attention. He watches the thing with an almost off-putting intensity before mentally stepping back to process the image.

After a few seconds he perks up again and starts talking. "Oh, I've heard of these things before! They have an average amount of external morphological differences, as can be expected for a single species, but they can vary wildly on their internal morphology, causing individuals to be able to resist different types of energy. We might need to get or borrow some non-energy based weapons... There's apparently more but Suzuta is still pulling all of the data right now. I'm all for going by and getting more data on the creature!"
________

Crunchy crunch:

Life sciences: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Hail Mary Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
I'll take whatever you think Asier should know

Exo-Guardians

Android Technomancer 2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +1, Low-light/Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | SP: 12/12, HP: 14/14, RP: 12/12| EAC: 13, KAC: 15, CMAC: 23 | Fort: +1 (+3 vs disease/poison), Ref: +2, Will: +4 (+6 vs mind)
Abilities/Spells/Shots Used:
1st Level Spells Used: 0 (of 3); Energize Spell Used: 0 (of 1); Arc Pistol: 0 (of 20); Tactical Pistol: 0 (of 9);
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

Antares listens to Ziggy describe the creature, and takes a look at the download, interested in this new species of creature that she has never seen before.
Life Science: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

The android also pays close attention to the shirren's next 'mission', and though she figures that not all Starfinder tasks are going to be interesting and dynamic like the others, this one seems... very odd indeed.
Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8

Maybe more details on special attacks and defenses?

Dataphiles

Male Vesk Mechanic 1 | init +0 | perc +4; low-light vision | speed 20' | SP 7/7; HP 12/12; RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 16; CMAC 24 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +0; +2 vs fear

"Sorry sir," Daramak says, "I hear the words you are thinking, but they don't make any sense together. Strawberry machine cake? Sugar-pop? Feather monster? Makes as much sense as 'frog blast the vent core'..."

Taking 10 on Life Science for 18

His eyes light up "Wait a minute, I've heard of these feathered creatures. If one kills me, don't put it on my tombstone, ok? And, uh, I'm sure we'll figure out the other bit. Cake isn't too dangerous..."

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 2

"Too bad about Historia-7's mentor. We'll do whatever we can to help cheer her up!"

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

"You haven't heard of Strawberry Machine Cake either? I hope the Starfinder Society hasn't been working you initiates too hard, but you really need to get out more..."

The Starfinders gather whatever information they have on the creature. Asier-23-7 chips in that his database records such creatures as being able to see in the dark. Also, they can climb as easily across walls and ceilings as on the ground. Antares-1, although not having encountered this alien before, recalls a xenobiologist sharing that such creatures have large variations within its gene expression which results in the differing energy resistances, but also results in varying forms of offence. What form exactly the one you would encounter is unfortunately unknown.

With no further questions, you head towards the warehouse. (Feel free to purchase anything you think you need along the way.) On arrival, you find that it is cordoned off by a number of security personnel, although a small crowd of curious onlookers has gathered. After you identify who you are, station security says you are expected and allows you through the force barrier set up around the perimeter
of the warehouse.

The doors to the warehouse were forced open and no longer locked. The warehouse ceiling is 30 feet high, and a catwalk runs 15 feet above the floor. The warehouse is filled with crates (about 5 feet tall) and cylindrical containers (about 10 feet tall) placed rather haphazardly. Through the wire-meshed walls at the southeastern corner of the room is some kind of shuttle (about 5 feet tall). Towards the back of the warehouse is some scaffolding (about 10 feet high), on which more crates can be seen. A large pit can be seen in the warehouse floor - something large had torn through it but how deep it is and whether it is inside the pit or not is difficult to determine from the entrance of the warehouse. The creature have done some damage to equipment in the room, and scattered debris litter the room. The only lights in the warehouse are small ones installed on the catwalk and are not bright enough to illuminate the area, leaving the warehouse in dim light.

maps and handouts updated. Some additional terrain info. Climbing the crates, cylindrical containers and scaffolding requires a successful DC 10 Athletics check. The crates and cylindrical containers provide cover. You may move in between them but that would be considered difficult terrain as you squeeze in between them. The scattered junk on the floor creates an area of difficult terrain. The room is in dim light, but let me remind you that all armor comes with comm unit and all comm units have flashlights which increase the light level in a 15-foot cone in front of you.

Go ahead and move your token around the warehouse depending on where you would like to search.

If you search the crates and make perception DC12:
You find some minor useful items that the previous owners of the warehouse feels unimportant and have left them behind. Roll 1d4 to determine what.

GM rolls:

1d4 ⇒ 2
1d4 ⇒ 1
1d4 ⇒ 1
1d4 ⇒ 4

Exo-Guardians

Android Technomancer 2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +1, Low-light/Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | SP: 12/12, HP: 14/14, RP: 12/12| EAC: 13, KAC: 15, CMAC: 23 | Fort: +1 (+3 vs disease/poison), Ref: +2, Will: +4 (+6 vs mind)
Abilities/Spells/Shots Used:
1st Level Spells Used: 0 (of 3); Energize Spell Used: 0 (of 1); Arc Pistol: 0 (of 20); Tactical Pistol: 0 (of 9);
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

Antares draws her energy gun as they move into the warehouse, she still hasn't shaken the moderate discomfort from the radiation exposure she suffered earlier and follows in the wake of the others, keeping a sharp eye out for the creature. She wonders vaguely if it can fly, and keeps an eye out above, as well as to the sides and behind them. The whole situation is disconcertingly tense and even a bit frightening - a new experience for the android. At this point, standing in line waiting to purchase one of these strange 'albums' might be preferable...

Perception Check: 1d20 ⇒ 13

She won't really go digging into the crates, too preoccupied with keeping watch around them.

Dataphiles

Male Vesk Mechanic 1 | init +0 | perc +4; low-light vision | speed 20' | SP 7/7; HP 12/12; RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 16; CMAC 24 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +0; +2 vs fear

Before entering the warehouse:
Daramak will be sure to carry a non-fire based energy weapon as a backup. As I see it, Asier-23-7 is a better shot, so he should carry the party's zero-rifle (or Hakrinag, but he should be fine with his reaction cannon). If nobody objects, Daramak will take the remaining charged static-arc pistol into the warehouse so he has a backup in case lasers aren't effective against the creature. If someone else wants the arc pistol, then Daramak will have spent some of his share of the loot on a tactical pistol.

Daramak draws his laser rifle before entering the warehouse. The dimness of the interior doesn't seem to bother him. He carefully lifts the lid of one of the crates in the south-eastern corner of the warehouse with the barrel of his rifle:

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Crate contents: 1d4 ⇒ 2

and finds some useful objects, but not the monster. "Southeast is clear," he mutters into his comm-unit.

Wayfinders

Female Damya Lashuntas Envoy 2 (Icon). | HP 16/16 STAM 10/10 Res 5| EAC 11 KAC 12 ACvs CMD 20 F: -1, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +11, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
RNG Contents: 1d4 ⇒ 1

"Cover me while I go digging in these boxes! You know I don't fight!"

Dataphiles

Male-ish NG Android Scholar Mechanic (Exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4, Recall knowldege reroll 1/1 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1 (+2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed: 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Asier realizes that no one has claimed the armor prize from the race and quickly asks if it is okay for him to use it for a while.

If he gets the okay, he takes a quick moment to change in the park's public restrooms before joining everyone else on the way to the warehouse.

In the warehouse he takes out his laser rifle and hopes that it won't be the wrong kind of weapon. He pauses for a second before remembering something and digging out the Frost-Bite class rifle from earlier. "I had almost forgot that this was in my pack. Anyone want it?"

Not noticing a feathery beast charging at or attacking the group he takes a moment to search the crates.
____________

Crunch:

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
lucky d4?: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

Hmm, guys, those who are searching the crates, please actually move your token to a crate. :) Even if you're not, you are here searching for the alien so place your tokens accordingly. *dun dun*

Exo-Guardians

Male LN vesk bounty hunter soldier 1 | SP 9/9 HP 13/13 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +2; +2vsfear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Completely uninterested in the contents of the warehouse, Hakrinag primes his reaction cannon and walks forward. His comm light on, he does his best to sniff out prey. Come out you stupid beast, there is hunting to be had.
________

Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Exo-Guardians

Android Technomancer 2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +1, Low-light/Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | SP: 12/12, HP: 14/14, RP: 12/12| EAC: 13, KAC: 15, CMAC: 23 | Fort: +1 (+3 vs disease/poison), Ref: +2, Will: +4 (+6 vs mind)
Abilities/Spells/Shots Used:
1st Level Spells Used: 0 (of 3); Energize Spell Used: 0 (of 1); Arc Pistol: 0 (of 20); Tactical Pistol: 0 (of 9);
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

Anatres will be trailing behind Hakrinag some 15' or so. Close enough to help him out if the creature jumps out at him, but hopefully not out in front where she might bear the brunt of such an attack.

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 5/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |

Eli steps into the warehouse, seeing others pickingup crates for... reasons. She sighs.

"Guys - we're looking for some dangerous creature, not stacking up on personal possessions."

She pulls out her sidearm and continues after Hakrinag.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

Hakrinag, Eli and Antares-1 creep slowly forward, keeping their eyes peeled for the feather monster, but in the dim lighting, it is difficult to spot anything. Meanwhile, Daramak, Madrigal and Asier-23-7 take the opportunity to ransack through some of the crates, finding among among themselves a flare, a spare battery and a flashlight respectively.

Daramak stares at the flare he found for a while, then realises that he can put it to good use now. This stumbling around in the dark is only beneficial for the creature. He lights the flare and tosses it up high in the air, immediately illuminating the entire chamber as it lands on one of the tall cylinders. And there the feathered alien is, hiding amongst the crates on the scaffolding! It screams in frustration as its surprise is ruined, but it readies it feathers to fire!

Daramak, hope you don't mind I took over here. Figured that would be the logical thing to do, and also didn't want to delay this combat any further. :)

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

From where it is currently, it gets cover bonus if you fire range weapons at it, but similarly, so does it when firing at you. Even if you are on the catwalk, as it would have cover from the crates. That is until it moves to the edge of the scaffolding. Please see this post for other terrain info, e.g. climbing DCs, etc.

init:

init, Madrigal: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
init, Asier-23-7: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
init, Eli: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
init, Hakrinag: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
init, Daramak: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
init, Anateres-1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
init, feather stalker: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 1: Status: Nil
~~~
Eli
Anateres-1
Hakrinag
Asier-23-7
Daramak
feather stalker
Madrigal

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 5/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |

"Cover!", Eli shouts, as she remembers what the creature did to the person on the recording. She runs towards the crates in the northern area and aims her sidearm at the creature.

Crunch:
Semi-auto pistol: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 = 31d6 ⇒ 5

It's a no-hit, though.

Exo-Guardians

Male LN vesk bounty hunter soldier 1 | SP 9/9 HP 13/13 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +2; +2vsfear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"The fun begins!" Hakrinag roars as he fires his reaction cannon. Before the creature can fire back, he dives behind a crate.
________

Rolls:

Reaction Cannon vs Pillow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d10 ⇒ 4

Prone behind the crate.

Exo-Guardians

Android Technomancer 2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +1, Low-light/Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | SP: 12/12, HP: 14/14, RP: 12/12| EAC: 13, KAC: 15, CMAC: 23 | Fort: +1 (+3 vs disease/poison), Ref: +2, Will: +4 (+6 vs mind)
Abilities/Spells/Shots Used:
1st Level Spells Used: 0 (of 3); Energize Spell Used: 0 (of 1); Arc Pistol: 0 (of 20); Tactical Pistol: 0 (of 9);
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

The footage on the tape is on the mind of the android as she follows Eli's sound advice and takes cover behind a crate just behind Hakrinag and takes a potshot at the feathered alien. It's a distant shot though, so for now she uses the energy weapon, curious to see its effect with her own eyes.

Static Arc Pistol Attack DRR: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 vs EAC
(includes -2 to attack for range, since it looks to be beyond 50')
Static Arc Pistol Damage DRR: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Dataphiles

Male-ish NG Android Scholar Mechanic (Exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4, Recall knowldege reroll 1/1 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1 (+2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed: 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Asier's face falls when all he pulls out of the crates is a flashlight. The thing is practically useless to him. He didn't need one in the first place and it was even further proven redundant by both his custom rig and the comm unit in the new armor he was wearing. He tosses it away with a sigh.

This also happens to be the time when Daramak tosses the flare into the air. Asier gives a start at the unexpected burst of light, but quickly spots the feathered beast. The android takes a second to analyze the creature, to see if there is anything he can better determine in the flesh and starting a recording of the creature before he crouches and hefts his trusty laser rifle, hoping that this weapon will work. He lines up his shot and shoots.

_____

Non-diegetic text:

I'm not certain if Determining what type of energy the creature can resist or what type of special attack it has is possible, but just in case a Life sciences roll for you!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Other wise Asier is taking a move to target the bird and a standard to shoot.

FIRE LASERS!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d8 ⇒ 4

Dataphiles

Male Vesk Mechanic 1 | init +0 | perc +4; low-light vision | speed 20' | SP 7/7; HP 12/12; RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 16; CMAC 24 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +0; +2 vs fear

All's good, it's important to keep things moving along! :)

"Bowb!" Daramak curses under his breath as the creature appears. Wasting no time, he activates his exocortex's combat tracking (move action), grabs the fore-grip of his laser rifle with the hand used to throw the flare (swift action to switch grips, wielding rifle two handed now), and moves up to get a better shot at the creature (move in place of standard). In cover behind one of the cylindrical containers, he checks his rifle's charge readout and waits for a chance to fire.

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

The Starfinders race for cover when the creature is revealed, while firing their weapons at it while they do so. However, the shots are difficult with the creature partially hidden. Eli, Harkinag and Antares-1's shots hit the crates and the scaffolding instead. Only Asier-23-7, with his exocortex, tracks the creature well despite this and lands a shot. However, the laser blast does not seem to burn the feather stalker as much as it should. The android have identified what energy it is resistant to. (resist fire)

The feathered ball launches two spikes of long feathers in rapid succession at Hakrinag and Eli. The two spear-like weapons slam into the crates that they are hiding behind.
feather 1 vs Hakrinag KAC: 1d20 + 10 - 3 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 3 - 4 = 13
feather 2 vs Eli KAC: 1d20 + 10 - 3 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 3 - 4 = 14

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 1: Status: Nil
~~~
feather stalker (-2)
Madrigal
-------
Round 2:
~~~
Eli
Anateres-1
Hakrinag
Asier-23-7
Daramak

Exo-Guardians

Male LN vesk bounty hunter soldier 1 | SP 9/9 HP 13/13 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +2; +2vsfear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

The thrill of battle coursing through him, Hakrinag returns fire. "Come on you feathery monster, make this fun!"
________

Rolls:

Reaction Cannon vs Pillow (KAC): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d10 ⇒ 7

Move action to stand up, Standard to fire, Swift to go prone again.

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 5/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |

"I'll go around for a flank. If I die as a porcupine, pull them out before putting me in a casket.", Eli winks at Hakrinag and runs to hide behind the (I assume) high-lift closer to the agressive tuft.

Crunch:
Move action 6 squares (calculated with difficult terrain in mind) and Total Defense.

Dataphiles

Male-ish NG Android Scholar Mechanic (Exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4, Recall knowldege reroll 1/1 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1 (+2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed: 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Asier gives a hrmm as his shot hits but doesn't seem to be all that effective. He drops his laser rifle and draws out the sub-zero rifle. He takes a second to realign his shot and fires the much colder weapon at the bird-like thing.

_______________

Rolls:
FIRE FREEZE RAY: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Freeze baby freeze: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Exo-Guardians

Android Technomancer 2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +1, Low-light/Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | SP: 12/12, HP: 14/14, RP: 12/12| EAC: 13, KAC: 15, CMAC: 23 | Fort: +1 (+3 vs disease/poison), Ref: +2, Will: +4 (+6 vs mind)
Abilities/Spells/Shots Used:
1st Level Spells Used: 0 (of 3); Energize Spell Used: 0 (of 1); Arc Pistol: 0 (of 20); Tactical Pistol: 0 (of 9);
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

From her half-hidden position, Antares summons the energy around her, finding it increasingly difficult to do so, and then flings three bolts at the creature, the missiles unerringly finding their target.

Magic Missile Damage DRR: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3, 2) + 3 = 9 force damage

Wayfinders

Female Damya Lashuntas Envoy 2 (Icon). | HP 16/16 STAM 10/10 Res 5| EAC 11 KAC 12 ACvs CMD 20 F: -1, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +11, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Madrigal makes her way over to where Eli is near.

"Get that creature! Kill it! That's what we are here for!"
Get 'em Skill +1 to attack rolls.

Dataphiles

Male Vesk Mechanic 1 | init +0 | perc +4; low-light vision | speed 20' | SP 7/7; HP 12/12; RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 16; CMAC 24 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +0; +2 vs fear

Daramak swears in Vesk when he sees that the creature is resistant to laser-fire. However, Asier-23-7 did manage to hurt the beast despite its resistance, and Daramak's arc pistol doesn't have anywhere near the range necessary to hit from his position. He runs into the open (move action) and takes a wild shot with his laser rifle (standard), hoping to wound the creature and get its attention.

Laser vs. EAC: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 = 23 (+1 for combat tracking, +1 for Get'em, both included)
Fire damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Critical damage (if applicable): 1d8 ⇒ 7
Critical burn damage (if applicable): 1d6 ⇒ 1

"On it, Captain!"

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

Daramak, when you crit, you roll the dmg twice, and add the crit effect. So there's another 1d8, which I will roll for you.
Daramak crit dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 3

While Eli moves forward cautiously, Madrigal shouts words of encouragement to her teammates, and boy, are they on fire! First, Hakrinag pops out from cover, fires a large round which slams into the feather stalker dead centre, then dives back to cover. Asier-23-7, despite the distance, similarly clips it with a blast of cold from his rifle. Anatares-1 summons her connection to the arcane forces, conjuring 3 arcane bolts which slam unerringly into the creature. As a finale, Daramak, standing right in the open, opens fire with with his laser. Despite the creature's natural resistance to fire, he must have hit a vulnerable spot and the creature screams in agony, and the unpleasant smell of burnt feathers fill the warehouse as the alien collapses onto the ground unmoving.

Combat over! I've played this scenario three times and this is the shortest run of this combat ever! You did 36 damage in one round!

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

The combat was short but furious, the brief commotion ending swiftly. As you stop to catch your breath, one of the security staff pops his head in to check what has happened, and he looks in amazement at the fallen corpse of the feather stalker. He turns to look at each of you in admiration for a while, before he disappears back to the cordon.

Shortly after, though, a contingent of the station security moves into the warehouse, and start to move the corpse out. Other workers follow shortly after to start removing cargo and freeing up the space in the wareouse for the Exo-Guardians. Zigvigix emerges from behind the cordon line. Although his expression is hard to read for a shirren, as should as he comes into range, he sends words of excited congratulations telepathically. "That was most amazing! I was following everything from the video surveillance. The action was fast and furious, and truly, if I had blinked, I would have missed all the action! Well, not that shirrens can blink... But whatever. Simply amazing!"

He calms down somewhat and does a quick tour of the warehouse. Some of his thoughts leak out. "Well, that hole needs fixing, obviously. And it is way too dim. Hmm, could perhaps extend the scaffolding to create loft? But this would make a fine headquarters..."

Eventually, he comes back and inquires as politely as he can, "Hmm, about the album? You know, I worry it might be sold out?"

Wayfinders

Female Damya Lashuntas Envoy 2 (Icon). | HP 16/16 STAM 10/10 Res 5| EAC 11 KAC 12 ACvs CMD 20 F: -1, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +11, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Why do you think that combat went so quickly, we are off to get it now!"

Exo-Guardians

Android Technomancer 2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +1, Low-light/Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | SP: 12/12, HP: 14/14, RP: 12/12| EAC: 13, KAC: 15, CMAC: 23 | Fort: +1 (+3 vs disease/poison), Ref: +2, Will: +4 (+6 vs mind)
Abilities/Spells/Shots Used:
1st Level Spells Used: 0 (of 3); Energize Spell Used: 0 (of 1); Arc Pistol: 0 (of 20); Tactical Pistol: 0 (of 9);
Buffs/Conditions*:
None

Antares is vaguely saddened by the need for violence to take care of this situation, but the violent nature of the feathered creature offered no real alternative. She approaches the alien and studies it briefly, then moves away, following the others.

Yes, well done indeed everyone!

Exo-Guardians

Male LN vesk bounty hunter soldier 1 | SP 9/9 HP 13/13 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +2; +2vsfear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"HA-HA!" Hakrinag cries in victory, raising his cannon above his head. "Another beast felled to the hunt." As the corpse gets carried out, he rips a feathery quill off of the thing for his collection.

"Sold out? Makes more sense now, we have to figure out who is willing to sell. Let's be on our way then," he grumbles.

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 5/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |

"I'm sure we can hack into some 'reserved' or 'pre-ordered' database of some sort. Can you try, hackermen? Just add your name somewhere.", Eli responds to the sold-out situation before it gets a chance to become an issue.

After Zigvigix ends the call, she adds "Try to get two copies if possible."

251 to 300 of 325 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] GM kuey's The Commencement (SFS #1-01) - PbP GD6 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.