[SF] Dead Suns AP - GM Ewok

Game Master EwokBanshee

Map

Ship!


301 to 350 of 2,089 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

Lenny returns with his cup of coffee, grimacing at how burnt it is (as usual).

gunnery, encourage Pippimi, DC 10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 It has to end sometime...

Pippimi, hit your next target and I'll get you a free coffee from the ships community coffee pot!

The coffee didn't work. Wow, maybe I'm not cut out to be a starfinder!

Really, he might have to become the starship crew photographer and just stay out of combat (!!)


Male CG Goblin Technomancer 5 | SP: 35/35HP: 27/27 RP: 6/6| EAC: 19 KAC: 19 CMAC: 24 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 Spell Cache (unused) conditions: None.

Engineering to Divert to Guns: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

"This is so much easier. Not nearly as fun." Clank negligently flicks the "Divert Energy to Guns" control, dreaming of a day that this was more of a challenge.

Completely ignoring the fact that it was a challenge less than 20 seconds ago.

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Shifting the map again...

Davrin quickly wipes the smirk off his face when he realises that his complacency and let the enemy ship outpilot him yet again. He tries to swing wide, hoping to still keep Zoran's guns trained on it, although he is not hopeful. The least he could do, however, is to keep swerving around to evade possible fire from it.

pilot, evasive DC11: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 3 = 16 AC and TL now 17

The difference in speed is really gimping my options when we lose initiative. Sigh...

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Pilot, Slide: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

The enemy pilot's voice comes over the coms again. The voice modulator is back, covering up any emotion in the voice. "Last chance, merc's! Give up or die! "

Moved the ship so the gunners can see where everything is. Both of you can hit.


Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

Pippimi swings the turret around and fires away!

Turret Coilgun, w/ Trinode: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5
Turret Coilgun damage: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 2) = 6

The coilgun laser shoots right at the Acreon! Pippimi chirps with satisfaction "Pippimi might have missed little ship, but she still manage to hit enemy carrier! Pippimi very good at this!" If someone points out that the Acreon isn't an enemy carrier, she responds with a despondent "Oh."


CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 5 | SP: 40/40 | HP: 36/36 | RP: 7/7 | EAC: 17 KAC: 17 | AC vs CM: 25 | F: 3 R: 7 W: 4 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Gunnery: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Damage!: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

Zoran keeps up the pressure.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

So disappointed in those gunner rolls...

Engineering Phase
Clank's boredom works out in everyone else's favor as the guns gleam with energy.

Enemy Phase:

Divert, DC 11: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 4 = 16

The eoxian's shields come back online in the wounded area, back to a full gleam.

Helm Phase
Davrin does the best he can, despite a slower vessel. Thankfully, the enemy pilot's anger gets the best of her and she flies at you head-on!

Enemy Phase:

Target engines, DC 11: 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 2 - 2 = 11

Gunnery Phase
Pippimi gets a little to excited, shooting the Acreon. Hopefully she doesn't aim for the Armada next! Zoran has a lock on the enemy ship, but ends up distracted by Pippimi's crazy shooting. His laser misses the eoxian necrocraft.

Enemy Phase:

Fire!: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 2 = 19

Damage!: 1d8 ⇒ 6

The enemy ship fires it's front cannon, piercing the shields and going into the guts of your little shuttle. Thankfully, it appears no important systems were damaged.

Next Round's Initiative
Davrin: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 3 = 29
Foe: 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 - 2 - 2 = 23

Davrin manages to get the jump this time, though the eoxian vessel scrapes into your rear sights for a moment.

You win, so they move first. Everybody's up!

Status:
Enemy: 3/2/2/3 SP ; 8/30 HP; Engines glitching, Scanner glitching, Power Core malfunctioning
Starfinders: 0/3/3/4 SP ; 33/35 HP


Male CG Goblin Technomancer 5 | SP: 35/35HP: 27/27 RP: 6/6| EAC: 19 KAC: 19 CMAC: 24 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 Spell Cache (unused) conditions: None.

As the (admittedly minor) damage report comes in, Clank looks with a slightly longing glance to the "Do more damage" button, but instead turns to the "Power to Shields."

Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Taking two power output relays out from their casings, he yells out to noone in particular, "Clear!" before slamming them together, causing a surge in electricity that flickers out over the shields.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

gunnery, encourage Pippimi, DC 10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 woooooow

Yeah Pippimi, wait to go! Give that Acreon hell! Wait, no....

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"Ha! Got you there! This ship might be underpowered, but it is still darn maneuverable!" Davrin feints to port, tricking the enemy ship to swerve to where the Hippocampus' aft was to be, but instead, he pumps in full throttle starboard, coming right up against its vulnerable starboard side. "Gunners, take it away!"

pilot, evasive DC11: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 3 = 26 AC and TL now 17


CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 5 | SP: 40/40 | HP: 36/36 | RP: 7/7 | EAC: 17 KAC: 17 | AC vs CM: 25 | F: 3 R: 7 W: 4 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Gunnery: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage!: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

"So we aren't shooting at the Acreon?" Zoran sighs as his shot veers completely off course.


Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

"Uhhh, Lenny say shoot at Acreon! But Pippimi not so sure..." Pippimi pauses, thumbs the turret controls into standby for a moment, and looks over her shoulder at the rest of the party. "Pippimi going to focus on little fighter!"

Turret Coilgun, w/ trinode: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 = 15
Turret Coilgun damage: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 4, 3) = 13

Dang, good damage, but that's a miss.


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

Zulu watches the shields surge under the careful, tender, ministrations of Clank's deft touch. Trying not to cringe at what their benefactor was going to say about the mess he was making. Regardless, the shields were under control and he could do little to assist the gunners, so Zulu runs another deep scan on their foe, seeing if perhaps he could identify a weakness to be exploited.

Computere, Scan: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 2 = 33

Give me all your secrets!

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

I’m back! Seeing how half of the crew is confused about what ship to shoot, let’s try this again!

Engineering Phase
The many hours Clank spent watching Blue’s Anatomy really paid off, as he applies his honorary medical degree to ship repair.

Enemy's Engineering Phase:

Divert to Forward Gun, DC 11: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Helm Phase
Davrin’s excellent piloting appears again as the ship dodges and weaves. Thankfully, the shuttle has artificial gravity! Zulu’s scan penetrates the eoxian vessel, learning about it’s secret weapon!

New Report:

(Forward) Light EMP cannon (special) : A weapon with this special property emits a beam of electromagnetic energy that does not deal damage to ships or shields, but plays havoc with a ship’s electronic systems. On a hit, an EMP weapon scrambles one of the target starship’s systems, determined randomly. This causes that system to act as if it had the glitching condition for 1d4 rounds. A system glitching in this way can be patched as normal, but if it takes critical damage, its glitching condition becomes constant until the system is patched or repaired (or takes further critical damage). Functioning shields are unaffected by EMP weapons and completely block an EMP weapon’s effects.

Drift Engine: none
Systems: basic computer, budget short-range sensors, mk 3 armor, mk 3 defenses;
Expansion Bays: none
Complement 1

Enemy's Helm Phase:

Target engines, DC 16: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Gunnery Phase
Zoran and Pippimi both faithfully follow their captain’s advice, blasting the Acreon’s remaining shields with laser fire. Unfortunately, neither of them miss, meaning the eoxian vessel entirely.

Enemy's Gunnery Phase:

Fire!: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 2 = 8
Damage!: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Apparently the opposing ship is confused by the random shots of the shuttle crew, briefly pointing towards the Acreon and firing into the blackness.

Next Round's Initiative

Initiative:

Davrin: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 3 = 24
Foe: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 - 2 = 24
Roll Off - Eoxian: 1d100 ⇒ 64
Roll Off - Pc's: 1d100 ⇒ 76

You win, so they move first. Everybody's up!

Report:

DC 6
Death’s Head Necroglider
Tiny interceptor
Speed 12
Maneuverability perfect (turn 0)

11
AC 17; TL 17 HP 30; DT —; CT 6
Shields basic 10 (forward 3, port 2, starboard 2, aft 3)
Power Core Micron Heavy (70 PCU)

16
(Forward) gyrolaser (1d8)

21
(Forward) Light EMP cannon (special) : A weapon with this special property emits a beam of electromagnetic energy that does not deal damage to ships or shields, but plays havoc with a ship’s electronic systems. On a hit, an EMP weapon scrambles one of the target starship’s systems, determined randomly. This causes that system to act as if it had the glitching condition for 1d4 rounds. A system glitching in this way can be patched as normal, but if it takes critical damage, its glitching condition becomes constant until the system is patched or repaired (or takes further critical damage). Functioning shields are unaffected by EMP weapons and completely block an EMP weapon’s effects.

26
Drift Engine: none
Systems: basic computer, budget short-range sensors, mk 3 armor, mk 3 defenses;
Expansion Bays: none
Complement 1

Status:
Enemy: 3/2/2/3 SP ; 8/30 HP; Engines glitching, Scanner glitching, Power Core malfunctioning
Starfinders: 4/3/3/4 SP ; 33/35 HP

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"Look fellas, I'm making this reeeaaally easy for you. I'm parking our ship right in front of the enemy ship. You barely have to aim at all!" Davrin tries not to get exasperated as he once again takes the ship on a sharp port turn to bring it right alongside the enemy, bring it out of its front arc of fire, while swerving around against possible enemy fire.

pilot, evasive DC11: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 3 = 32 AC and TL now 17

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

gunnery, encourage Pippimi, DC 10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 jackpot! It had to happen eventually. Now we return you to your regularly scheduled bad rolls...

Pippimi, Davrin's pulled us around just right for the aim. Just pull the trigger and you've got it!


Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

"Thank you Davrin and Lenny! Pippimi feel bit embarrassed with missing, so thank you for making super easy!" She chirps with something akin to embarrassment. "But Pippimi not miss anymore now! Here go nothing!"

Turret Coilgun, w/ trinode, encourage: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 19
Turret Coilgun damage: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 3) = 9

"AHA! Take that not-Acreon!"


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

After faithfully reporting the details on the enemy ship's secret weapon and sending details to everyone's consoles, Zulu decides to make sure the enemy power core is good and targetted, reapplying firing solutions and overlaying the targeting data.

Computer, target power core: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 2 = 24


CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 5 | SP: 40/40 | HP: 36/36 | RP: 7/7 | EAC: 17 KAC: 17 | AC vs CM: 25 | F: 3 R: 7 W: 4 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Gunnery: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage!: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

"Of course!"" Zoran sighs while firing at the proper ship.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Apparently even this unlikely crew on a patched together shuttle can perform acts of heroism when pointed in the right direction! With the shuttle aimed at a weak point and the captain finally pointing out the correct side of the ship, Pippimi and Zoran's lasers strike the necrocruiser dead-on! Zulu's targeting parameters aid Pippimi's strike to collide with the enemy's power core, disabling it for good. Lights flicker out within the other craft as Zoran follows up to finish it off.

Explosions ripple out over the enemy ship, which lists to the side. Nothing but static returns any hails you may make. The wreckage appears to be on a collision course with the drift rock towed behind the Acreon.

COMBAT OVER!

Nicely done! The stars aligned that round.


CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 5 | SP: 40/40 | HP: 36/36 | RP: 7/7 | EAC: 17 KAC: 17 | AC vs CM: 25 | F: 3 R: 7 W: 4 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

"That was all part of the plan right, Lenny and Pippimi? It worked either way and those monsters are done for if they get stranded on that rock." Zoran adds laughing as the threat passes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

"Huh? Plan? Pippimi just shoot and hope for best!" The skittermander rolls away from the turret with a big grin.

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"Captain, should we give chase? Or stick to our original mission? It would look like whoever was flying that piece of junk won't be going anywhere soon."


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

Zulu watches the small ship become disabled on his screens. He sits back a moment and indicates.

"Target down. Sufficient gunnery."


Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

Pippimi peers up at the screens from beneath Zulu's arm. "Little ship looks completely blown to Pippimi. Worse than last Blastwerks prototype test rig. Do we have tractor beam? Bring wreck to us?" Pippimi digs into her pop culture knowledge to recall the use of tractor beams in some of the deep-space action drama vids.


Male CG Goblin Technomancer 5 | SP: 35/35HP: 27/27 RP: 6/6| EAC: 19 KAC: 19 CMAC: 24 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 Spell Cache (unused) conditions: None.

Clank is about to try BIG THINGS to try and coax more power out of the ship. It likely would have put the Hippocampus into overdrive with energy to weapons and engines almost to the max the ship could handle... or it could cause the entire ship to explode in a brilliant supernova. Most likely the first, but who could tell? The goblin is about to patch the energy, before he hears the report that their opponent was neutralized. He spares one more glance to the appropriate wires, then sets them down. Oh, well.

Climbing up to the main viewing area, he looks out at the wreckage of the fighter. "Huh. I wonder why they were shooting at us. They might be ok...." He winces as the wreckage collides with the Drift Rock with a <plif>. "Allright, maybe not now." Nonchalantly, he turns to look at the -other- derelict ship. "So, onward to the totally not a creepy deathtrap of a ship?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

Hey! We did it! See what a little encouragement can do! Did anybody get pictures of me dispensing that encouragement? It'd make some really great promotional material for the pilates gym!

Lenny prattles on, completely unaware of how bad he was at being captain.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

The enemy ship remains a mystery as it floats away.  The shuttle just isn't equipped to bring it in for study.  As the Hippocampus floats towards the Acreon, the eoxian vessel can be seen colliding with the Drift Rock in a small puff of dust and bones.

You continue your journey to the Acreon
unhindered. A quick scan reveals the Acreon to be an old prospecting and mining ship that has seen years of hard use in the asteroid fields and hard vacuum of the Pact Worlds and beyond. It’s a boxy and ungainly ship, and its patched and repatched outer hull bears the scars of countless micrometeorite impacts and is faded from exposure to the radiation of space. The Acreon floats alone in space, far from Absalom Station, its only companion the misshapen asteroid called the Drift Rock, which is tethered behind the ship on long tow cables. The Acreon’s transponder broadcasts a repeating message, which Zulu picks up easily.

THE ACREON IS UNDER QUARANTINE BY ORDER OF ABSALOM STATION SECURITY. TURN BACK NOW. ANY SURVIVING OFFENDERS WILL BE FINED AND IMPRISONED. THANK YOU.

 The message continues to ring throughout the shuttle as Davrin pulls in closer. Looking at the scanner, it is apparent that the ship has three different airlocks where you can dock. One on each side, and a third between the engines in the rear.

Zulu, give me a scan check, please! Davrin, decide where and how you want to dock.


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

Zulu catches the warning on his computer, ringers flying he initiates a deeper sensor sweep while jabbering.

"Quarentine, fines, arrest. Hope our benefactors settle legal disputes for us. Hate to be jailed."

Computers Scan: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 2 = 24

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Davrin keeps the ship hovering some distance from Acreon while Zulu does his study, and only when he is convinced there are no immediate dangers, he then pilots the ship to engines in the rear. "Unless any of you have other preferences?" he calls out over the PA system.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

Lenny turns his attention out of the shuttle windows to their target.

Well, there it is, finally. I wonder what makes this rock so special.

z45719 wrote:
"Quarentine, fines, arrest. Hope our benefactors settle legal disputes for us. Hate to be jailed."

Right. I wonder what legal counsel the Starfinder Society retains to deal with their members' and contractors' violations. I mean... they'd better back us if this thing goes south.

His eyes start to dart in other directions, looking for station security to descend and swarm at any moment...

Perception, any more trouble on the way?: 1d20 ⇒ 7 if so, it appears he wasn't looking for the right thing

Davrin Emalon wrote:
Davrin keeps the ship hovering some distance from Acreon while Zulu does his study, and only when he is convinced there are no immediate dangers, he then pilots the ship to engines in the rear. "Unless any of you have other preferences?" he calls out over the PA system.

I'm guessing a rear entrance near the engines is the least conspicuous. I support the choice.

This might have been my last post before my trip. Again, I'll be back late thursday, bot as necessary..

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Lenny sees nothing coming towards the ship, probably because he is looking out the windows instead of at the scanners.  Thankfully, neither show incoming ships.

Zulu's scan is successful, washing over the Acreon.  The shuttle computer can identify the ship as a Medium transport that can carry a full crew complement of six. The sensors are unable to get a good reading on any life signs that might be present on the ship, however.

The ship’s aft airlock is open, exposing the interior of the ship to vacuum. The Acreon is armed, though none of its weapons are currently active, and its power core is outputting minimal energy—enough for life support, gravity, and basic ship functions, but little else.

Davrin grits his teeth and carefully guides the the Hippocampus between the rear engines to a safe docking location beside the small rear door.  As he does so Pippimi peppily pipes up. "The ambassador said he was chosen to investigate the ship! If his embassy hired a competent business lawyer, like Blastwerks always does, that legal exclusion should cover us! I think..."

That settled, the group prepares to disembark.

Gentle reminder about space. There is no air. Thankfully, your suit provides air for 24 hours per item level.  So if anyone has Level 1 armor, you'll only be able to sleep once. (Though it looks like there are two sets of armor sitting in the loot pile which can be extra oxygen suits if you need them.)

After triple-checking your various O-rings, seals, filters and air tanks, the group gathers before the airlock door.  A simple lever is attached to the outside of the Acreon, allowing you to open the airlock door from the outside.

Any last words, roleplay, or prep needed before we enter this totally abandoned and not at all threatening ship?

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Davrin whips out his little pistol and presses himself against the side of the door. "My my, a mystery ship. I wonder what could possibly go wrong?" He gives everyone his usual roguish wry grin. He stares at the floating drone that the Eoxian ambassador has thrusted onto them with some suspicion, but not let it show on his face. For it was recording after all.

To make things move smoother, Davrin will take 10 on the usual roguish stuff, i.e. stealth 23, perception 17. I suggest let Davrin go round corners, go through doors, etc first to possibly scout things out?

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Phew, that website was down for a while. That's alright, I'm going to nudge us along since there is only one option. Please clarify any prep you needed to do before entering.

When you pull the lever, the airlock slides open and you are greeted by a soft flashing red light. The flickering emergency lights do little to dispel the darkness inside the derelict ship, and the sense of abandonment is only heightened by the apparent lack of any movement or life inside its airless corridors. Dim lighting... Artificial gravity is still functional, however, so there’s likely still power to run essential systems and possibly restore life support and atmosphere to the ship. Unfortunately, there are still no obvious clues as to the fate of the Acreon’s vanished crew.

The group pauses for another moment in the airlock, turning on personal lights. What light sources are you using? Finally, the group opens the second airlock and moves into the ship, with Davrin taking the lead and the ever-present surveillance drone hovering behind.

Surrounded by machinery, this long chamber stretches across the width of the ship. It appears that all of the Acreon’s main engineering functions can be operated from this room, which also contains a tech workshop expansion bay. The ship’s power core can be accessed through maintenance panels in the forward wall. More importantly, though, a pair of strange creatures notice your appearance and rear up. Resembling hairless blue lions with twin tentacle tails, their most frightening feature is the dozens of thick tentacles which quiver and twitch where its mane should be. Davrin immediately freezes, but the creatures saw the airlock door open!

Life Science, DC 11:
These are Akatas, terrifying predators that dwell in the vast void of space. They usually make their homes on asteroids, comets and dying planets, hibernating in cocoons for centuries at a time. For every 5 points by which you beat this DC, you can ask a question about Akatas!

Initiative:

Foe Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Zoran Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Davrin Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Zulu Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Pippimi Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Lenny Init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14

Clank Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

No Surprise round, so Davrin and Zulu are up first!

Davrin
Zulu

Big Blue Beasts

Zoran
Pippimi
Lenny
Clank


Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

Grrr, site issues left me unable to post yesterday. So here's a little bit of backtracking.

As Davrin and Zulu work on checking the Acreon, Pippimi checks over her "extracurricular" gear. Armor seals are turned on, weapons strapped into place, Blastwerks-branded grenade holder fanny pack secured, and infrared sensors activated. As the shuttle glides closer she also assembles a build-it-yourself stickybomb grenade from her supplies (Grenade Expert class feature).

"OK! Pippimi ready for anything! Trouble can come and get her and Pippimi will spit in Trouble's face!"

Once the group is inside the airlock, she draws her doshko, her starknife, and her stickybomb, leaving two hands free for grabbing and gesturing excitedly. As mentioned above, darkvision 60ft from infrared sensors should overcome any lighting issues. She steps forwards into the ship as soon as the interior airlock opens, only to quickly notice the two tentacled creatures

"These two not Hardscrabble crewmembers, yes or no?"


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

No light source with the android native darkvision

Zulu steps through the airlock and sees the pair of beasts standing there. Realizing they do not appear to be crew members and looking pretty mean, a fact echoed by his exocortex as he sics it on the rightmost blue thing red Zulu shows no hesitation in raising his weapon and firing on the thing.

move, fire. No targetting round one despite the narration

Attack, EAC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage, F: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"No, Pippimi, I highly doubt that! Anyone knows what in the sun's corona is that?!?" Davrin doesn't wait for a reply, though. He quickly pulls back while, ducking briefly behind a pillar for cover, before turning his pistol on the same target as Zulu.

vs Red: trick attack, vs DC20+target CR: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 1 = 17 flat-footed if successful add. dmg if hit: 1d4 ⇒ 1
azimuth laser pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 fire dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 3


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 5 | SP: 40/40 | HP: 36/36 | RP: 7/7 | EAC: 17 KAC: 17 | AC vs CM: 25 | F: 3 R: 7 W: 4 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

No need for lights here as well. These cold eyes have glimpsed death and have dark vision 60 feet.

"Scientific specifics aside...gonna call it trouble." Zoran adds looking over the others.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Zoran keeps making me feel bad for poor Borais.

Davrin and Zulu might not know what these beasts are, but they don't want to find out! Both heroes pull up their Azimuth weapons, sending fiery lasers at the beast. The fire washes over its blue skin, leaving no mark!

Pippimi:

Your infrared vision shows the two beings as jet black, cold as space. The fire dissipates over the alien's skin, barely even warming it.

The beast growls and the two turn on you! The right beast takes a single bound towards Zulu!

Bite!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

It's mouth opens wide, tentacles waving. Just before it connects with Zulu's skin, you can see small black particles about to wash over him! Give me a Fortitude save, Zulu!

The second takes a bound towards Lenny! Perhaps it was the ever pervasive smell of a sweaty gym which attracted it.

Bite!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

It gives Lenny a deep bruise, crunching down on his arm! The black mist coats his wound. Give me a Fortitude save, Lenny.

Please tell me someone has Life Science...

Life Science, DC 11:
These are Akatas, terrifying predators that dwell in the vast void of space. They usually make their homes on asteroids, comets and dying planets, hibernating in cocoons for centuries at a time. For every 5 points by which you beat this DC, you can ask a question about Akatas!

Alright, you're up! Those in bold may act. I won't be posting until Tuesday, so enjoy the long break!

Davrin
Zulu 3/7 SP Fort save.
Zoran
Pippimi
Lenny 4/8 SP Fort save.
Clank

Red (Big Blue Beast) o dmg
Blue (Big Blue Beast)


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

Zulu tsks in annoyance as his laser appeared to do no damage to the thing, the hisses as it assaults him and spreads... something on him.

Good thing I dont breathe.

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 additional +2 racial vs disease, and poison.

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Yeah, resistances can negate damage completely. Whew, thank goodness I picked up that semi-auto pistol earlier.

"Curses!" Davrin quickly pulls out the semi-automatic pistol and fires at the nearest beast.

move action draw pistol, standard fire.

semi-auto pistol vs blue KAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 pierce dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 2 it should have cover


Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

No life science here. Though to be fair, almost no skills of any kind here :>

Pippimi scowls (fluffily) through her face plate at the two tentacles beasts. "Hang in there Zulu and Lenny, Pippimi will take care of this!" the skittermander pipes up over local comms. "Look like lasers no good, but big metal doshko never fail Pippimi yet!"

She advances towards the nearest accessible akata and delivers a spinning strike of her doshko!

Doshko: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Doshko damage (P): 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

Environmental protection: second skin
Light source: flashlight in off-hand
Life Science: nope

Lenny's eyes widen at the foreign mist descending on his bite wound. He strains against it and thinks he might be able to resist it...

Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

He shakes it off and responds to Pippimi... I think I've fought off the worst of it. I'm not down for the count. Nothing like some photon energy to repel the darkness!

attunement: photon +1

With that he quickly forms his solar sword and slashes back at the beast.

Form solar weapon, move action
solar sword vs. Blue KAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
slashing damage, photon mode: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9


CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 5 | SP: 40/40 | HP: 36/36 | RP: 7/7 | EAC: 17 KAC: 17 | AC vs CM: 25 | F: 3 R: 7 W: 4 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Zoran moves into a better position and fires his pistol at the beast.

Semi-Auto Pistol, Tactical: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male CG Goblin Technomancer 5 | SP: 35/35HP: 27/27 RP: 6/6| EAC: 19 KAC: 19 CMAC: 24 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 Spell Cache (unused) conditions: None.

Darnit. I swore I made a post. Oh, well.

Clank screams in nearly inarticulate rage. "Dogs! Blue Dogs!"
Life Science: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 He thinks for a moment and quietly adds adds, "Also-known-as Akatas. But Blue Dogs are what they are!"

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

He is so angry that the universe disrupted his creepy spaceship investigation with -dogs- that his shot flies wide.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

I'm back! Hope you all had a good weekend.

Zulu’s filters manage to keep out the black “stuff” from the Akata’s bacterial bite; Lenny’s skin flares briefly, and the bacteria floats away from him.

Davrin pulls out his old fashioned slug-shooter and looses an amazing shot from the hip. It slides around his friends and into the Akata’s flesh. This time an alien scream fills your suit’s speakers as small blue droplets float from the wound. The sound is quickly turned into a howl as Pippimi’s arms whirl and the metal axe digs deep into the beast’s chest. It rises a little off the ground from the force of the blow, but manages to stay standing. Zoran’s aim is thrown off by this, sinking into a bulkhead. Clank’s racial hatred of these space-dogs-with-tentacles takes over all coms, inspiring Lenny. The humble gym owner bravely walks forward, thrusting a glowing sword into the wounded Akata’s skull. There is a burst of blue liquid and gore, slightly obscuring your vision, as the body drops to the floor. Good thing your shiny solar sword doesn’t actually do Fire damage!

Zulu, just take two turns. That shouldn’t affect the outcome.

The Akata shakes its head in rage, taking a bound past Zulu and standing strong atop the dead carcass of the first Akata. It briefly pauses, sightless eyes turning in an arc. The tentacles by its mouth squirm as if tasting the air. Within a heartbeat, it zones in on Lenny and lunges!

Bite!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

It grabs a hold of his arm, just above the solar manifestation. Red blood drops fill the air, mixing with the black bacteria spewing from the Akata's mouth. DC 10 Fortitude save...

Those in bold may act. Those who have not posted in 24 hours will be botted.

Davrin
Zulu 3/7 SP x2
Zoran
Pippimi
Lenny 0/8 SP 9/11 HP Fort Save
Clank

Red Akata 0 dmg
Blue Akata 24 dmg


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

oops I missed a turn somehow! I had intended on adding to that save post!

First turn

Knowing his rifle didn't seem to be doing much damage, Zulu lets his rifle fall to his left hand and snaps out his survival knife. Slashing at the creature as soon as the blade is deployed.

Attack Red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage, S: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

turn 2

Seeing one of the monsters go down and managing to shake off the cloud of... whatever.. the thing sprayed at him, Zulu sets his targeting function of his Exocortex to track the remaining beast then, using the additional calculations granted by his augmented perception and exocortex suggested attack patterns to slash at the monster once again.

Attack, Red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage, S: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male CG Goblin Technomancer 5 | SP: 35/35HP: 27/27 RP: 6/6| EAC: 19 KAC: 19 CMAC: 24 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 Spell Cache (unused) conditions: None.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Clank laughs gleefully as one of the Akatas goes down. "The only good dog is a dead dog!" He looks at the slain Akata. "Good boy, play dead!"

His own shot is less than spectacular, flashing across the wall.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

attunement: photon +1

Arrrrrrg! Bad dog! Lenny's harsh yell echoes over the party's in-suit radios. Some ears might be ringing for a few moments.

Fortitude, DC10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

He immediately raises up his solar sword and focuses all his might in bringing it down on the dog creature.

solar sword vs. Red KAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
slashing damage, photon mode: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Afterward he starts to really feel his wounds and steps back.

5' guarded step

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Pleased with the result, Davrin transfers his attention to the remaining creature. Still not finding a clear shot, he ducks behind the pillar in a bid to confuse the akata then steps out and fires at it past his allies.

vs Red: trick attack, vs DC20+target CR: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 1 = 30 flat-footed if successful add. dmg if hit: 1d4 ⇒ 4
semi-auto pistol vs KAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 pierce dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 6

301 to 350 of 2,089 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SF] Incident at Absalom Station - GM Ewok All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.