[SF] Dead Suns AP - GM Ewok

Game Master EwokBanshee

Map

Ship!


3,101 to 3,150 of 3,294 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>

CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 8/ Blitz Soldier 1 | SP: 73/73 | HP: 61/61 | RP: 12/12 | EAC: 22 KAC: 24 | F: 6 R: 9 W: 7 | Init: 12 | Speed 35ft | | Active conditions:

"I like to at least attempt to handle things properly but some negotiations just go south. I am focusing on the Kish but I know you have more pressing engagements." Zoran says readying another shot and talking to his teamates.

Get'em on Kish.

Shirren-Eye Rifle, Advanced: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 1 = 27
Damage (E&P): 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Female Skittermander Soldier 9 | SP 72/72 HP 65/65 RP 10/10 | EAC 24 KAC 27 | DR 9/--; Resist Elec Fire Cold 5| F +7 R +7 W +7 (+2 vs. spell & SLA) | Init +8 | Perc +1 | Status: --

Pippimi frowns at the eohi "Why always snap and never friendly!" She holds the beast in place with her vibrogloves and attempts to discourage it from biting again through the application of sonic discouragement ripples.

Grapple attempt; vs pinned KAC+8: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (12) + 23 = 35 Exceeding KAC+13 causes enemy to become pinned. Grapple rules can be found here
Throttle damage (So): 1d3 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 4 = 11

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 9 | SP 81/81 HP 67/67 | RP 8/8 | EAC 20; KAC 22; DR 9/- | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +5; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon 2 | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 20/20 | Haste: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Stellar mode: photon +1

Lenny growls, stares down the dog for a moment before slashing at it and then retreating, hoping it blade swing throws it off from following too quickly.

[standard]attack vs teal
[move] 30'

solar sword attack, S damage (minor w-boson crystal, photon mode): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 142d6 + 12 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 1) + 12 + 2 + (5) = 24 welp


Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 9 | SP 63/63 HP 56/56 | RP 10/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +8; Ref +13 evasion; Will +8 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +9 | Perc: +18, SM: +16 | Speed 40ft fly 40ft| Active conditions:

Davrin was applying bleed 8 to blue. Is it immune?

"OW!" Davrin yells out as the arrow pierces his armor. "An arrow? Really?" He dashes to the next aisle, ignores the bowman, popping out his head to shoot the same eohi.

Considering the height of a halfling, would he have cover from the kish behind the cubicle wall?

vs blue:
trick attack, vs DC20+target CR, take 10: 10 + 23 + 1 = 34 flat-footed to following attack if successful add. dmg if hit: 4d8 ⇒ (4, 7, 7, 6) = 24
thunderstrike sonic pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 sonic dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Debilitating trick: If trick attack succeeds, flat-footed for 1 round

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 9 | SP 81/81 HP 67/67 | RP 8/8 | EAC 20; KAC 22; DR 9/- | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +5; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon 2 | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 20/20 | Haste: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Speaking of bleed, Teal should be bleeding out soon too?

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Whoops, forgot the Bleed for two rounds.

Zulu's laser and Zoran's sniper shell fly across the room, hitting the archer in the shoulder. He cries out in kish, trying to hide behind the thin cover the desks provide. Nearby, Pippimi barely manages to keep the wild beast pinned to the ground. Beside her, Lenny runs off from the eohi and leaves it to bleed out. Davrin also takes a shot at the eohi, but his sonic blast takes out the top of a desk instead. The standing desks don't cause cover.

advanced battlebow @ Davrin: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
Archaic Damage @ KAC: 3d8 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (1, 7, 7) + 8 - 5 = 18

The kish archer moves to the south, away from the line of sight of the hallway. He sends an arrow over the desks towards the halfling, but it whizzes over Davrin's head.

bite @ Davrin: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
Damage @ KAC: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

bite @ Pippimi: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 16 - 4 = 16
Damage @ KAC: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

The northern eohi runs on all fours, trailing blood behind him. He turns on a dime, biting hard into Davrin's leg! The other eohi wriggles in Pippimi's arms but is unable to do any damage.

Everybody is up!
Clank SP: 33/49, Latent Writher Infestation
z45719 SP: 0/53, HP 47/52
Davrin SP: 13/56, HP 44/44
Zoran SP: 41/65, Latent Nejean Rabies
Lenny SP: 0/72, HP: 31/60, Latent Writher Infestation
Pippimi SP 39/64, HP 58/58 Latent Nejean Rabies, Latent Writher Infestation

Blue Eohi 77 damage, flatfooted, Bleed 8
Pink Eohi 23 damage, pinned
Kish Archer 77 damage

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 9 | SP 81/81 HP 67/67 | RP 8/8 | EAC 20; KAC 22; DR 9/- | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +5; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon 2 | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 20/20 | Haste: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

stellar mode: photon +1 (fully attuned -- meaning the supernova opens up!)

Lenny drops his solar sword, and draws his laser pistol, cautiously approaching the open workspace again.

This place is oppressive... I don't know how people got work done here with their superiors watching closely over the whole field of desks...

[free] dismiss solar sword
[move] draw pistol
[move] 30'


Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 9 | SP 63/63 HP 56/56 | RP 10/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +8; Ref +13 evasion; Will +8 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +9 | Perc: +18, SM: +16 | Speed 40ft fly 40ft| Active conditions:

"OW! Stupid dog!" Davrin activates his jetpack once again flying over the cubicle walls and fires again upon the eohi.

vs blue:
trick attack, vs DC20+target CR, take 10: 10 + 23 + 1 = 34 flat-footed to following attack if successful add. dmg if hit: 4d8 ⇒ (7, 4, 3, 7) = 21
thunderstrike sonic pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 sonic dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Debilitating trick: If trick attack succeeds, flat-footed for 1 round


Android Mechanic [Experimental Weapon] 9| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +13 | EAC21 KAC22 | Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +4 | [SP] 60/60 [HP] 59/59 | Resolve: 8/8 | Ammo: Battery 1: 40/40 Battery 2: 40/40 |S-Charge Weapon 3/3 |
Skills:
Acro +9, Ath +7, Comp +19, Eng +19, Life S. +13, Med +15, Per +12(14), Phy Sci +12, Pilot +12, Prof Merc +5,
|

Zulu keeps after his target, moving forward to get a line on the archer before firing again.

move then shoot

Attack, Deadly aim, targeted, get em: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 23
Attack, EAC, deadly aim, overcharge: 2d6 + 2d6 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 5) + (5, 4) + 8 + 3 = 26


Female Skittermander Soldier 9 | SP 72/72 HP 65/65 RP 10/10 | EAC 24 KAC 27 | DR 9/--; Resist Elec Fire Cold 5| F +7 R +7 W +7 (+2 vs. spell & SLA) | Init +8 | Perc +1 | Status: --

Knowing that she can't keep the wriggly Eohi pinned indefinitely, Pippimi takes two slashes with her kishaxe before backing off (Guarded step away)

Assault Kishaxe: 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 15 - 4 = 18
Assault Kishaxe damage (S, archaic): 2d10 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (7, 7) + 8 + 6 = 28
Assault Kishaxe: 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 15 - 4 = 25
Assault Kishaxe damage (S, archaic): 2d10 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (7, 10) + 8 + 6 = 31

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Lenny moves in, wishing he had another pair of arms. Or two more! Davrin triggers his jetpack and time seems to slow. The halfling moves in a pirouette through the air and dives just out of reach of the eohi's snapping jaws! Nearly forgot about Uncanny Mobility for a second there. He twists in place, sending a sonic blast into the gorilla-lion's mouth! It collapses to the floor, bleeding out. I'm about to call PETA on Davrin's Bleed effects.

The kish archer screams towards the fallen eohi, "RO!" He turns towards Davrin and snarls. "Outsider! Defiler! Killer!" The kish begins to move down the aisle, training his bow on Davrin. As he pulls the bow back, his arm is hit by a HUGE laser blast from Zulu that causes him to drop the arrow to the ground. Beside Zulu Pippimi steps away from the eohi, but not before opening up it's guts with two deep swings of her ancient kish axe. The eohi pauses a moment before snarling at the blue furry invader. It leaps forward, scratching at her armor uselessly before falling to the floor in a bloody heap. Still going, poor thing. The kish continues his path of vengeance, making it through the row of desks before launching another bolt that makes it under Davrin's shoulder, dropping out with a pinpoint of blood on the tip.

advanced battlebow @ Davrin: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
Archaic Damage @ KAC: 3d8 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (2, 7, 3) + 8 - 5 = 15

bite @ Pippimi: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
Damage @ KAC: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Everybody is up!
Clank SP: 33/49, Latent Writher Infestation
z45719 SP: 0/53, HP 47/52
Davrin SP: 0/56, HP 42/44
Zoran x2 SP: 41/65, Latent Nejean Rabies
Lenny SP: 0/72, HP: 31/60, Latent Writher Infestation
Pippimi SP 39/64, HP 58/58 Latent Nejean Rabies, Latent Writher Infestation

Blue Eohi 102 damage, Bleed 8
Pink Eohi 82 damage
Kish Archer 103 damage


Female Skittermander Soldier 9 | SP 72/72 HP 65/65 RP 10/10 | EAC 24 KAC 27 | DR 9/--; Resist Elec Fire Cold 5| F +7 R +7 W +7 (+2 vs. spell & SLA) | Init +8 | Perc +1 | Status: --

Pippimi delivers a pair of weighty slashes to the remaining Eohi "Sorry doggy!" As she swings, she makes sure to compensate for the weight of the axe so she doesn't start spinning.

Assault Kishaxe: 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 15 - 4 = 23
Assault Kishaxe damage (S, archaic): 2d10 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 8 + 6 = 17
Assault Kishaxe: 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 15 - 4 = 16
Assault Kishaxe damage (S, archaic): 2d10 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (9, 7) + 8 + 6 = 30

Assuming she finishes it off, she rolls away and pops to her feet near Davrin. She shouts to the kish "Pippimi not want to kill if not have to! This good time to give up though."


CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 8/ Blitz Soldier 1 | SP: 73/73 | HP: 61/61 | RP: 12/12 | EAC: 22 KAC: 24 | F: 6 R: 9 W: 7 | Init: 12 | Speed 35ft | | Active conditions:

Round 1.

Zoran moves up and over the first row of desks to get into firing position.

Round 2.
Get'em on Kish.

Shirren-Eye Rifle, Advanced: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 1 = 30
Damage (E&P): 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 9 | SP 81/81 HP 67/67 | RP 8/8 | EAC 20; KAC 22; DR 9/- | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +5; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon 2 | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 20/20 | Haste: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Lenny looks stunned as the other doggo appears around the corner from him, but he un-tenses as Pippimi's axe arc's in from of him, tearing into it. He looks up and fires on the kish. He then nervously backs away, remembering the aches and bruises across his body. No RPs, no SPs left, lol

[standard] attack kish
corona laser pistol attack (get'em), F damage (photon mode): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 262d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 + 2 = 11
[move] 15'


Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 9 | SP 63/63 HP 56/56 | RP 10/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +8; Ref +13 evasion; Will +8 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +9 | Perc: +18, SM: +16 | Speed 40ft fly 40ft| Active conditions:

Knowing that the eohi was merely being commanded by the kish, Davrin almost feels bad for putting it down. All that is driven away by the yet another arrow that pierces his flesh.

"Gah! Not again!" He swivels around, pokes his head out from the cubicle and turns his attention to the archer.

vs kish:
trick attack, vs DC20+target CR, take 10: 10 + 23 + 1 = 34 flat-footed to following attack if successful add. dmg if hit: 4d8 ⇒ (4, 7, 5, 1) = 17
thunderstrike sonic pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 sonic dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Debilitating trick: If trick attack succeeds, bleed 8


Android Mechanic [Experimental Weapon] 9| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +13 | EAC21 KAC22 | Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +4 | [SP] 60/60 [HP] 59/59 | Resolve: 8/8 | Ammo: Battery 1: 40/40 Battery 2: 40/40 |S-Charge Weapon 3/3 |
Skills:
Acro +9, Ath +7, Comp +19, Eng +19, Life S. +13, Med +15, Per +12(14), Phy Sci +12, Pilot +12, Prof Merc +5,
|

Zulu just keeps on firing on the kish and his nasty arrows.

Attack 1, targeted, get em: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 29
Damage, F: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 2) + 8 = 12
Crit Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 5) + 8 = 14

Light 'em up, up, up
This Kish is on fire!

Attack 2, targeted, get em: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 11
Damage, F: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 2) + 8 = 11

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Pippimi swings once, landing her axe squarely in the open wound in the eohi's side. It falls to the ground, limp. Somewhere, on another plane, the eohi's soul is put to rest. In front of her, Zoran hits the kish with another sniper round. Behind them both, Lenny decides that the cowardly live to see another day and sends a small laser blast at the kish archer. Shuddering from the force of both blows, the anger in the kish's eyes keeps him standing. Davrin sends a sonic blast into a vein in the kish's upper arm. Blood pours onto the floor as the light leaves the kish's eyes. Then a large laser blast from Zulu hits the kish in the face, sending his dead body to the floor. The bow hits the floor with a quiet clink.

COMBAT OVER!

Silence fills the long-abandoned office as you lick your wounds. That's a lot of wounded folks there... Anybody want to take 10 to rest?

Status!
Clank SP: 33/49, Latent Writher Infestation
z45719 SP: 0/53, HP 47/52
Davrin SP: 0/56, HP 42/44
Zoran SP: 41/65, Latent Nejean Rabies
Lenny SP: 0/72, HP: 31/60, Latent Writher Infestation
Pippimi SP 39/64, HP 58/58 Latent Nejean Rabies, Latent Writher Infestation

Blue Eohi 102 damage, Bleed 8
Pink Eohi 99 damage
Kish Archer 173 damage, Bleed 8


Female Skittermander Soldier 9 | SP 72/72 HP 65/65 RP 10/10 | EAC 24 KAC 27 | DR 9/--; Resist Elec Fire Cold 5| F +7 R +7 W +7 (+2 vs. spell & SLA) | Init +8 | Perc +1 | Status: --

Pippimi heads over to double check the kish isn't going to spring back up and attack the group, and then once that's concerned she rolls over to rejoin the team. In particular she looks at Lenny. "Lenny not looking good at all! Very pale and lots of open wounds. Remember can take sick leave. Never feel pressured to continue going." She reaches up to put a concerned paw on his rear.

Real talk, if you're at 0 RP we need to get out of here and get resting for a full night!


CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 8/ Blitz Soldier 1 | SP: 73/73 | HP: 61/61 | RP: 12/12 | EAC: 22 KAC: 24 | F: 6 R: 9 W: 7 | Init: 12 | Speed 35ft | | Active conditions:

"Agreed. We are all starting t look a little worse for wear. I don't see them getting any reinforcements on a distant planet like this. We can come back...plus our new friends...the ones not trying to kill us are probably wondering how we are doing." Zoran agrees walking up and adding another cold hand to the other cheek.

"Is this a veskarium practice?" he asks Pip.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 9 | SP 81/81 HP 67/67 | RP 8/8 | EAC 20; KAC 22; DR 9/- | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +5; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon 2 | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 20/20 | Haste: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Yup, 10 minutes isn't going to do Lenny any good right now. Zero RP!

Lenny frantically brushes the errant hands off his rear.

Uh, keep it above the waist Pippimi! You took that HR harassment training... Anyway, yeah, sick leave sounds great right about now. Somebody want to grab that bow he dropped?

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Searching the kish's body, you find that his armor is worthless to the modern user but that his advanced battlebow and assault kishaxe would work quite well. Looking at his clothing, you can tell the make is finer than that of most of the kish you've met. He has several stipes along the collarbone of his jacket.

Culture, DC 15:

You guess that this dead kish was one of the upper level kish military leaders. His absence will be missed...

You search the room. Underneath one of the standing desks, where an eohi was sitting earlier, you find a pile of shiny baubles that you expect would sell for a pretty price back in the Pact Worlds. The northern door has a small plaque that says, in kish, Reading Room.

Y'all are in a tough spot. Lenny is super vulnerable at the moment. But you're also in the center of an enemy stronghold, standing above the body of a key enemy figure. Getting back in won't be as easy next time. What do you think? Head back to friendly territory for a nights rest? Or finish sweeping this floor?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 9 | SP 81/81 HP 67/67 | RP 8/8 | EAC 20; KAC 22; DR 9/- | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +5; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon 2 | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 20/20 | Haste: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

If we sweep the floor could we hunker down for a decent rest?

Culture, DC15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Lenny notes some of the markings on the kish uniform.

I fear this one was important. I suspect they won't wait long for him to report back.


Female Skittermander Soldier 9 | SP 72/72 HP 65/65 RP 10/10 | EAC 24 KAC 27 | DR 9/--; Resist Elec Fire Cold 5| F +7 R +7 W +7 (+2 vs. spell & SLA) | Init +8 | Perc +1 | Status: --

Seems risky. I'd rather fight through a repopulated and reinforced area than probe somewhere new and eat another surprise 1000 needle trap that kills you Lenny.

Pippmi moves down to pat the back of the knee "In Veskarium rear pats very much approved, but Pippimi understand that not everyones standard." She pauses "Pippimi still think Lenny missing out on butt pats. Very reassuring."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 9 | SP 81/81 HP 67/67 | RP 8/8 | EAC 20; KAC 22; DR 9/- | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +5; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon 2 | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 20/20 | Haste: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Lenny taps his leg to indicate the savage Eohi bite.

If only Veskarium butt-pats could heal these. He smiles at Pippimi.


Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 9 | SP 63/63 HP 56/56 | RP 10/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +8; Ref +13 evasion; Will +8 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +9 | Perc: +18, SM: +16 | Speed 40ft fly 40ft| Active conditions:

From how the structure is laid out, can we guesstimate if there is much left to sweep through? Davrin could scout forward a bit to check how things might be ahead to help us make a decision. Cloaking field would help even if there's nothing to hide behind.


Android Mechanic [Experimental Weapon] 9| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +13 | EAC21 KAC22 | Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +4 | [SP] 60/60 [HP] 59/59 | Resolve: 8/8 | Ammo: Battery 1: 40/40 Battery 2: 40/40 |S-Charge Weapon 3/3 |
Skills:
Acro +9, Ath +7, Comp +19, Eng +19, Life S. +13, Med +15, Per +12(14), Phy Sci +12, Pilot +12, Prof Merc +5,
|

Zulu looks around, especially at Lenny, with a critical eye.

"On one hand. Pushing on is advisable, while enemy is unprepared. On the other, some need medical attention. Organic damage, disease. Possible parasites. Ship med bay recommended."

He wonders.

"I require a short rest. I can go or go back, No preference."

I'd be good to press on myself, but it's probably advisable to head back for Lenny's sake, unless he has a long range weapon and can hang back. Does Clank happen to have healing magic?


Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 9 | SP 63/63 HP 56/56 | RP 10/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +8; Ref +13 evasion; Will +8 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +9 | Perc: +18, SM: +16 | Speed 40ft fly 40ft| Active conditions:

Oh, Davrin has 4 Mk 1 healing serum. Lenny can have all of them.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 9 | SP 81/81 HP 67/67 | RP 8/8 | EAC 20; KAC 22; DR 9/- | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +5; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon 2 | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 20/20 | Haste: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

He's got a small arm. In any more battles he's going to be hanging back and using it. Nomo solar sword until real rest.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Judging from the overhead scans you took on initial approach of the island, you guess that you are very close to the center of the Foundry. Seeing how you're trying to find what the Cult of the Devourer found here, that's likely going to be the spot.

Davrin decides that, while the rest of the group decides to stay or go, he'll take a little peek into the next room. Not a threatening one, and a little more info never hurts. He opens the door marked "reading room" slowly.

A ten-foot-long table ringed by chairs occupies this room. The table is scored by hundreds of shallow gouges, seemingly at random. On the northern wall, a metal shutter closes off a five-foot-wide window. There is a small sign on the shutter. The sign reads “Will Return Shortly” in Kishaleen. You guess that Pippimi could leverage open the shutter with some work. DC 25 Strength check!

DC 22 Perception check:
Davrin notices a secret door sunken in the northern wall. Northwest corner. It was likely used by special employees to enter the room behind the metal shutter.[/ooc]


Female Skittermander Soldier 9 | SP 72/72 HP 65/65 RP 10/10 | EAC 24 KAC 27 | DR 9/--; Resist Elec Fire Cold 5| F +7 R +7 W +7 (+2 vs. spell & SLA) | Init +8 | Perc +1 | Status: --

My vote continues to be leaving. If you guys insist on sticking around:

Pippimi shakes her head, loudly proclaiming that this would never be allowed in a well-run Veskarium company that cared about its employee well-being. However, when the shutter blocks the group's way, she agrees to open it up. Just so long as Lenny stays well away from any danger.

Take 20 to open the shutter.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 9 | SP 81/81 HP 67/67 | RP 8/8 | EAC 20; KAC 22; DR 9/- | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +5; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon 2 | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 20/20 | Haste: 10/10 | Active conditions: None
Pippimi wrote:
My vote continues to be leaving.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind that option too. If we could find a safe place to hunker down it would be ideal... sleep in shifts or something.

Looks at Lenny's supplies. Two serums of healing.

Serum of healing, mk 1: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Serum of healing, mk 1: 1d8 ⇒ 1

That gets him a bit further.


Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 9 | SP 63/63 HP 56/56 | RP 10/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +8; Ref +13 evasion; Will +8 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +9 | Perc: +18, SM: +16 | Speed 40ft fly 40ft| Active conditions:

perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18

"Nothing in here," Davrin whispers, "But they could be returning soon." Looking at the mess they've made of the place and at Lenny's wounds, he finally weighs in. "Let's get out of here first. We can try storming the place again once everyone is better. At least we now know the lay of the place."


CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 8/ Blitz Soldier 1 | SP: 73/73 | HP: 61/61 | RP: 12/12 | EAC: 22 KAC: 24 | F: 6 R: 9 W: 7 | Init: 12 | Speed 35ft | | Active conditions:

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Cool! Sounds like a plan.

Confident that whatever was once read in the "reading room" is beyond that shutter, the group plans to return the next day when everyone is in better shape. You sneak back down the stairwell and out into the alleyway beside the Foundry. Still seeing the roaming kish guards above and around the Foundry, you work your way through the city and back to the rebel base for a safe night's rest. You arrive near nightfall and the children that were playing outside have all gone in for their evening meal. Herald Tzayl greets you warmly when you arrive. "Adventurers! How did you like our fair city? I trust you walked with reverence and hope that our ancestors accepted you." Though several of you are dog tired, she stops you in the entry room. "Please, tell us everything." She yells to the kish who are lounging around in adjacent rooms. "Come, our new friends have returned with new tales for us!" She looks at you expectantly, and if you hesitate, whispers, "Stories are very important to my people. If you would oblige, we would be very thankful." Alrighty! There are opportunities for rewards here. One person, Zoran, should make a Diplomacy check, with others aiding. If you would like to write out or summarize the key points of your tale, there are chances for bonus RP aids and specific story point aids as well. (It's a high DC, these bonuses are very helpful.)


Female Skittermander Soldier 9 | SP 72/72 HP 65/65 RP 10/10 | EAC 24 KAC 27 | DR 9/--; Resist Elec Fire Cold 5| F +7 R +7 W +7 (+2 vs. spell & SLA) | Init +8 | Perc +1 | Status: --

Pippimi waves two tired paws at Tzayl "Hullo hi Tzayl! Pippimi find fair city very pretty but also very dangerous. So many strange creatures attack that Pippimi completely lose track. Pretty sure everyone pick up at least half-dozen new and not very nice diseases." She drops down to sit on the floor. "Maybe team not walk with enough reverence? Even though team trying very hard to not be bad to any kish or destroy anything too badly..." She fluffs up and falls onto her back.

"Team fighting eye-birds, gorill-dogs, non-barathu, angry fungus, holograms, too many to count..."

Diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


3 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 8/ Blitz Soldier 1 | SP: 73/73 | HP: 61/61 | RP: 12/12 | EAC: 22 KAC: 24 | F: 6 R: 9 W: 7 | Init: 12 | Speed 35ft | | Active conditions:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24 Slick Customer Re-Roll.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27 Ugh.

"Yes, please gather around. My expertise is in explaining the key points but this calls for a little but of exposition!" he says letting the group gather before starting. He uses the images and recordings he took to help with his stories.

"Our journey has been fraught with danger but many chances to pay reverence to this great place. Our first stop in our path to uniting the Kish again and finding our way to the truth was the Maze of Ghosts. Our challenges started even before we arrived as we tested our might against beasts from the sky then giant serpents guarding the maze itself. The first acrochor fell easily enough but the second attempted to crush the un-life from my body. It would have succeeded if not for the great strength of Pip wrestling me free. Finally free to explore the Maze of Ghosts we would be granted a great deal of information about the past of your people." Zoran says using his hands to emphasize the fight with the serpents and allowing Pip to showcase her strength before continuing.

"It was Davrin who spotted the key to start our vision and may have improved the Maze of Ghosts for your people altogether. The visions were of your past...of this place, Istamak, and they are stronger than ever. Even the visions sought to test our physical prowess but in victory over the ghost we learned a secret of the Temple Found thanks to the Zulu accessing some of the lost devices within." he explains about their first journey and the holograms within.

"If we can ensure the security of the Maze of Ghosts after our mission is over I believe you should travel there with your people...there is so much to learn without the threat of the ghosts. We will offer as much help as we are able to." he says to to Tzayl enthusiastically.

---

"It was next that we headed to the House of Renewal but no journey is without trials. The next battle was against a trio of beasts with with fearsome strength and a bite that still threatens the health of our group. Do you think you can have a healer look at that?" he ends with an aside to the speaker before continuing.

"Inside the House of Renewal or the Sun Clinic, as we believe it was called in the days of Istamak, we met two warriors of Huntmaster Xavra's people seeking healing. Their names are Nibbuls and Buitz. They informed us of the customs and how to walk in reverence within the House and that their allies did not fare so well in their healing...the next part is difficult to speak out loud if others wish excuse themselves. We had to put to rest kish cursed by the House." Zoran says before pausing if younger members or those not wanting the details wished to leave.

"They became twisted creatures with mutations and maladies that ate away their skin. The struggle was fierce but our warrior Lenny was able to use his purifying flames to give them a true rest before we continued further in finding the capsule where your people tested their spirits leaving them healed or like the others. Time had weakened the capsule and perverted the powers of your ancestors but we assisted our expert in devices Zulu to cleanse it. It should now truly be the House of Renewal that can cure your ailments without fear of losing yourself." he recounts the last of their dealings at the location and offers to explain further.

"Yet, as a reward for our deeds we were granted another vision. Whispers that lead us to the Broken Lands to find more about why the Skullbringers came here. We would have to leap across the floating rocks and contend with flying beasts to reach that goal, the ancient SecuriTech building. It was here that a few of us almost lost our lives. The very building itself was alive with a white moss creature that plagued the very air we were breathing. Eventually we overcame the creature but it had ingrained itself into the building itself that began to crash down around us. I was plunged into a pit but my...family...here saved me just as we would save another as the roof threatened to crush him. We escaped with a new whisper that once again lead us to the Temple Found but to a secret side entrance." he recounts their last leg.

"We attempted to enter the Temple Found but our injuries were to grave so we returned here. To rest and seek counsel...if we are to unite your people once again." he finishes.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 9 | SP 81/81 HP 67/67 | RP 8/8 | EAC 20; KAC 22; DR 9/- | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +5; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon 2 | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 20/20 | Haste: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

That... is quite a post :) Good envoy work!

Diplomacy, aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Lenny adds on, Yes, the elementals, as we call them, were quite fierce. We believe they came through once-activated portals. The technology of the ancient civilization here is quite fascinating.


Android Mechanic [Experimental Weapon] 9| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +13 | EAC21 KAC22 | Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +4 | [SP] 60/60 [HP] 59/59 | Resolve: 8/8 | Ammo: Battery 1: 40/40 Battery 2: 40/40 |S-Charge Weapon 3/3 |
Skills:
Acro +9, Ath +7, Comp +19, Eng +19, Life S. +13, Med +15, Per +12(14), Phy Sci +12, Pilot +12, Prof Merc +5,
|

Zulu keeps his mouth shut, as is his standard during the talky parts. He does provide audio visual aid with his recordings where appropriate.

Diplomacy? Aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18


Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 9 | SP 63/63 HP 56/56 | RP 10/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +8; Ref +13 evasion; Will +8 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +9 | Perc: +18, SM: +16 | Speed 40ft fly 40ft| Active conditions:

Davrin stares, slack jaw, at the yarn that Zoran has weaved. I always thought I was a smooth talker, but he can orate circles around me! Good thing he's not my competitor or I would have lost all my business ages ago!

He is a bit lost, uncertain what else he can add to embellish the tale further. So he adds in conclusion, "No greater tale has been told, but fiction this is not. Your history is rich and after this short rest to recover from our ordeals, we endeavour to soldier through and find your connection to your past, for your future."

Davrin auto-aids with a +10

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Mentioned fixing the Maze and the House, +5. EXCELLENT RP, +5. Aids, +8. CRUSHING the DC 35! Amazing story, Zoran! I loved reading that.

Herald Tzayl, and the rest of the kish, listen in wonder to the tale. Tzayl bows deeply as Zoran finishes, saying "Thank you for your tale. Over time, our connections to the ancestors have become tainted and poor. Thank you for cleansing our holy places and making them pure once again." She welcomes forward a pair of kish who have been moving in the background. "Family of Nibbuls and Buitz, they appreciate your kindness towards them." Wordlessly, the pair of kish lay an animal-skin pair of boots at your feet. The Eohi Boots appear handmade with care. Then, the Herald motions forward a tall strong kish who carries a large bow. "And I wish to give you another gift, in appreciation of your efforts. This Seeking advanced battlebow will find your enemies, no matter where they hide." And I think that fusion can be removed and put onto another weapon.

Bone tired, you exchange a few more words and head up to your rooms for the night. Alrighty... I need four Fortitude checks. Zoran, Lenny, and Pippimi owes me two.

Zoran SP: 41/65, Latent Nejean Rabies
Lenny SP: 0/72, HP: 31/60, Latent Writher Infestation
Pippimi SP 39/64, HP 58/58 Latent Nejean Rabies, Latent Writher Infestation


Female Skittermander Soldier 9 | SP 72/72 HP 65/65 RP 10/10 | EAC 24 KAC 27 | DR 9/--; Resist Elec Fire Cold 5| F +7 R +7 W +7 (+2 vs. spell & SLA) | Init +8 | Perc +1 | Status: --

Before I try those checks, can someone with Medicine give Pippimi some backrubs? (ie. Treat Disease)


Android Mechanic [Experimental Weapon] 9| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +13 | EAC21 KAC22 | Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +4 | [SP] 60/60 [HP] 59/59 | Resolve: 8/8 | Ammo: Battery 1: 40/40 Battery 2: 40/40 |S-Charge Weapon 3/3 |
Skills:
Acro +9, Ath +7, Comp +19, Eng +19, Life S. +13, Med +15, Per +12(14), Phy Sci +12, Pilot +12, Prof Merc +5,
|

can I aid with medicine? And during this time I should be able to bond or whatever with the mk II I picked up?

edit:. Pippimi beat me to it. I'll aid everyone

Treat Disease (Pippimi): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Treat Disease (Pippimi 2?): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24

Treat Disease (Lenny): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

Treat Disease (Zoran): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

As the group settles in to rest, Zulu unpacks his medical kit and begins administering and diagnosing his diseased teammates in his usual manner, largely ignoring small talk and muttering to himself as he scans and diagnoses.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 9 | SP 81/81 HP 67/67 | RP 8/8 | EAC 20; KAC 22; DR 9/- | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +5; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon 2 | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 20/20 | Haste: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Satisfied that the Kish received their tale well, Lenny settles in to rest and begin letting his wounds and bruises heal.

Okay, now it's time to put me back together... I don't remember a day more brutal in all of our travels so far.

If Zulu made the treat disease DC, add +4 to these.
Fortitude: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Fortitude: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Fortitude: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Fortitude: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Female Skittermander Soldier 9 | SP 72/72 HP 65/65 RP 10/10 | EAC 24 KAC 27 | DR 9/--; Resist Elec Fire Cold 5| F +7 R +7 W +7 (+2 vs. spell & SLA) | Init +8 | Perc +1 | Status: --

Zoran's exciting retelling of their journey thus far keeps Pippimi engaged for most of the meeting with Tzayl. After he's done though, only her elite not-falling-asleep-during-meetings discipline keeps her awake. She thanks Tzayl for the fancy equipment, asks if the herald can share her language with the group tomorrow again, then totters off to sleep.

Fortitude vs. Rabies: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 4 = 27
Fortitude vs. Writher: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 4 = 24 That might be enough!

Her night is full of itching and squirming, but thanks to Zulu's treatment, she wakes up feeling surprisingly well rested!


CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 8/ Blitz Soldier 1 | SP: 73/73 | HP: 61/61 | RP: 12/12 | EAC: 22 KAC: 24 | F: 6 R: 9 W: 7 | Init: 12 | Speed 35ft | | Active conditions:

Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 + 4 = 12
Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17
Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16
Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Lol, sorry, that was confusing wording. I only needed one from Lenny and Zoran. Also yes, Zulu can bond with the fusion overnight.

Zoran wakes up the next morning with a slight cough and soreness in his joints. He rolls out of his bedroll, looking over to Pippimi and Lenny who look just fine! Zoran moves to the Weakened state on the Physical Disease track for Nejean Rabies (The victim is sickened and fatigued.)

Obviously this isn't a great state for Zoran to be in. But Rabies has a weekly save rate. So you'd have to have two weeks go by before he can improve at all. So... he's stuck, unfortunately. (Writher Infestation has a 1 day save rate. Both diseases require 2 consecutive saves.)

Zoran SP: 65/65; Nejean Rabies - Weakened (Sickened, Fatigued)
Lenny SP: 72/72, HP: 60/60; Latent Writher Infestation (1 Save)
Pippimi SP 64/64, HP 58/58; Latent Nejean Rabies (1 Save), Latent Writher Infestation (1 Save)

The group gets up together and shares a light meal with the kish in the complex. The children run around you, playing, and you hear various pieces of your story being passed between them as rhymes and folk stories. Straight back to the Foundry's side door? I think that's your only choice, but I wanted to double check. Also, please give me a stealth check and a Perception check. (For future use)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 9 | SP 81/81 HP 67/67 | RP 8/8 | EAC 20; KAC 22; DR 9/- | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +5; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon 2 | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 20/20 | Haste: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Lenny gets up, stretches his arms widely and lets out an exaggerated yawn.

Wow. What a night will do for you! I'm glad we went with this choice friends! No problem storming back into the complex. NO PROBLEM!

He begins doing jumping jacks in place.


Female Skittermander Soldier 9 | SP 72/72 HP 65/65 RP 10/10 | EAC 24 KAC 27 | DR 9/--; Resist Elec Fire Cold 5| F +7 R +7 W +7 (+2 vs. spell & SLA) | Init +8 | Perc +1 | Status: --

Pippimi hops up to her feet and joins Lenny in some morning exercises. "Not going to be easy today, but Pippimi confident that this team very very capable. Once everyone up and ready, time to smashy smash through whatever defenses Huntmaster put together and find out what skully cult learned inside." She halts her jumping jacks to start checking over her gear. "OK, gloves and axe ready!"

"How about team?"

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 8/ Blitz Soldier 1 | SP: 73/73 | HP: 61/61 | RP: 12/12 | EAC: 22 KAC: 24 | F: 6 R: 9 W: 7 | Init: 12 | Speed 35ft | | Active conditions:

Not feeling well Zoran wakes up a little early working on a new plan. He pulls out his Holoskin and works on reprogramming it to the appearance of the Kish.

Never had to work on one this exact but it may be the solution to this divide.

He works on his own disguise with the help of the holoskin. Using recollection and the help of Kish.

Disguise: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 16 - 2 = 33 Holoskin: DC not increased for choosing a different race.

Once happy with it he leaves to join the group.

---

"I have slept better.... I actually feel dead today." a new Kish with Zoran's equipment says walking up to the group.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 2 = 24
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 2 = 17


Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 9 | SP 63/63 HP 56/56 | RP 10/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +8; Ref +13 evasion; Will +8 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +9 | Perc: +18, SM: +16 | Speed 40ft fly 40ft| Active conditions:

"Hey, you guys are looking better! Deader for you, I mean."

stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (3) + 23 = 26
perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25

3,101 to 3,150 of 3,294 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SF] Incident at Absalom Station - GM Ewok All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.