[SF] Dead Suns AP - GM Ewok

Game Master EwokBanshee

Map

Ship!


1,451 to 1,500 of 2,074 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

Interestingly, grapple no longer lets you move the creature in Starfinder. You have to use bull rush or reposition for that.

Pippimi repositions herself on the mountain eel's body (guarded step 1 square westward) to give her team a little clearer of a shot on the beast, but otherwise continues to cling to it like a furry blue cowboy. "Yip yip wormy!"

Grapple attempt; vs KAC+8: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26 Exceeding KAC+13 causes enemy to become pinned. Grapple rules can be found here
Throttle damage (So): 1d3 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9

Her gloves send a sonic blast into the creature's hide.

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Davrin tries to keep an eye out for the rest of the temple grounds, and so trip over a rock, sending his shot flying into the air instead.

trick attack, vs DC20+target CR: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 17 + 1 = 26 flat-footed to following attack if successful add. dmg if hit: 1d8 ⇒ 7
thunderstrike sonic pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 sonic dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Debilitating trick: If trick attack succeeds, flat-footed for 1 round


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

Fort: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13

thank goodness for the +2 racial vs mind affecting

Zulu shakes off the hypnotic gaze of the worm thing, snaps up his rifle and cuts loose a fusillade of laser bolts at the thing.

target and overcharge shot

Attack, EAC: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 = 12
Damage, F: 1d8 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + (1) + 4 = 8

turn 2, just keep shooting

Attack 1, EAC: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 16
Damage, F: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Attack 2, EAC: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 12
Damage, F: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None
Pippimi wrote:
"Yip yip wormy!"

Nice reference :)

Stellar mode, photon+1

solar sword attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
S damage, photon mode: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Pip! Make it heel or something. You've got it all over the place!

5' step backward


Male CG Goblin Technomancer 5 | SP: 35/35HP: 27/27 RP: 6/6| EAC: 19 KAC: 19 CMAC: 24 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 Spell Cache (unused) conditions: None.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Clank glares at the eel, and fires another shot. "You'd better taste good for all this trouble!" He decides that really the only reason to leave the confines of civilized area is the variety of different things that go out of their way to make themselves available to be eaten. He spares little thought that the eel might have similar ideas itself.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Pippimi does her best, holding the worm in a certified Blastwerks HR department patented Compliance Position while the majority of her team send shots flying every direction but at the worm. (Perhaps frightened of those eyes...always watching...) Yet, the position is not enough! The worm breaks free, slithering a bit away. Clank, the lone cowboy, sends a laser bolt into the beast's hide.

Bite @ Pippimi: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Dmg @ KAC: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

"RAAAAAWR" The worm roars in defiance, turning at an unnatural angle to bite a chunk out of Pippimi's armor!

Everybody is up!

Lenny 19/32 SP
Clank
Davrin
Zulu
Zoran x2
Pippimi 13/28 SP

Adolescent Mountain Eel 61 dmg


Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

I *think* Pippimi managed to land the grapple last round - the target continues to suffer the -2 AC for being grappled until the end of her turn, making it easier to hit follow up grapple attempts. Ultimately with how damaged it already is, I don't think it'll matter though.

Pippimi, not happy that her bucking bronco worm-monster has gotten free, advances carefully once more. With a guarded hop towards the worm, she stabs it with her starknife.

Tactical Starknife: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Tac. Starknife damage (P): 1d4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13

@Party: Enjoy your +1 on ranged attacks while Pippimi is threatening the creature!

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Davrin rolls back as the monster retreats towards him, and fires yet another shot.

trick attack, vs DC20+target CR: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 17 + 1 = 23 flat-footed to following attack if successful add. dmg if hit: 1d8 ⇒ 4
thunderstrike sonic pistol vs EAC, Pip: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 = 25 sonic dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Debilitating trick: If trick attack succeeds, flat-footed for 1 round


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

Zulu keeps shooting.

Attack 1, EAC: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 10
Damage, F: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Attack 2, EAC: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 7
Damage, F: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

some stellar rolls this combat...

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

Pip, are you going to let it throw you off like that? This seams like a typical corporate retreat challenge for you!

Lenny continues slashing.

solar sword attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
S damage, photon mode: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 5 | SP: 40/40 | HP: 36/36 | RP: 7/7 | EAC: 17 KAC: 17 | AC vs CM: 25 | F: 3 R: 7 W: 4 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Round 1: Full Attack.

Annoyed at his inability to provide actual fire support Zoran shoots off multiple blasts hoping one strikes home.

Laser Pistol, Azimuth: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 - 4 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Laser Pistol, Azimuth: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 - 4 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Round 2: Inspiring Boost.

"He is right Pip! You let your employees slip away like that? Keep at it." Zoran says cheering her on. He also moves into position to help her if it goes for another strike.

+12 SP Pip.


Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

Lol, you guys are great! What a positive working environment :>

"Pippimi make no excuse. Next time, it not get away from Pippimi!" She pipes up energetically, bolstered by her allies' encouragement.


Male CG Goblin Technomancer 5 | SP: 35/35HP: 27/27 RP: 6/6| EAC: 19 KAC: 19 CMAC: 24 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 Spell Cache (unused) conditions: None.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

"Yeah! That's the spirit! (although I'm not sure riding a worm considers a valid workplace environment)"

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Ahhhhh... Pippimi is right. I forgot about the -2 AC from the Grapple! You needed a 27, so you were right there. But, you're also right that it doesn't matter.

Pippimi's knife slips along the mountain eel's thick skin, but Davrin's laser strikes true! It goes deep into the blubber, evoking a primal howl. Lenny, Zulu and Zoran continue to be intimidated by the beast, their attacks missing wildly. Luckily our favorite goblin hero, his tales likely to be told of for generations in the spike of Absalom Station, lines up his pistol and shoots the beast directly in the eye! The laser penetrates into the brain and the eel falls limp!

COMBAT OVER!

You search the area, finding little of value. The cultist's body is mangled beyond recognition - which Ralkawi happily points out - but you are able to find a battery and survival knife cast aside. Where his weapon is... you don't want to go. Small pause here for healing, reloading or bantering before we head to... (dun dun) the TEMPLE!

Status

Lenny 19/32 SP
Clank
Davrin
Zulu
Zoran
Pippimi 25/28 SP

Adolescent Mountain Eel 81 dmg

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

Lenny relinquishes his solar blade back to its mote.

I'm no worse for wear. I'm ready to proceed when others are, but I won't protest a short break.

Not going to spend the 1RP this time around, as I have yet to dip into HP.


Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

Pippimi wastes no time in staying true to her earlier threat. With a great "HUP!" she rolls the worm creature off the cliff the group was standing next to. She waves at it as slips and tumbles until it gets caught on some underbrush. "Bye bye!"

She turns back to the group and nods "Pippimi not sure if team find more worm monsters, but she sure next one go even better. Maybe if team find more, Pippimi can teach Lenny trick to riding?" She grins at the solarian.

With the inspiring boost, Pippimi's more or less at full, so no need for a rest here either.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

Lenny chuckles and plays along, a bit unsure.

Yeah, sure, maybe I'll try to ride the next one... maybe.


CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 5 | SP: 40/40 | HP: 36/36 | RP: 7/7 | EAC: 17 KAC: 17 | AC vs CM: 25 | F: 3 R: 7 W: 4 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

No reason to rest particularly unless we want to refresh my ability to boost you again. But when we wait we typically get attacked anyways. Hah.

"That went far better than I expected. What is waiting in that temple is bound to be worse...Shall we?" Zoran asks flinching as the worm is a pinball bouncing down the cliff.


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

Zulu powers his rifle as the thing dies, then immediately starts inspecting the rifle, muttering.

"Focusing crystal misaligned? No. Target sights offset. No. Calibrations indicate ok. Problem is in my software."

He then immediately sets his exocortex to run disgnositcs and recalibrations to rectify the predictive issues that caused him to continually miss such a big object.

"Innaccuracy unacceptable."

Grumbling to himself, the android swaps a fresh battery into his rifle.


Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

With starknife out in one paw, smoke grenade in a second, and gloves on another pair, Pippimi leads the way southwards - ready to stand in the vanguard against any other aliens that want to threaten her team!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

Lenny re-forms his solar sword as he begins to follow Pippimi's lead.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Sorry about the absence, yesterday was crazy.

Small point I missed last time.
As Ralkawi bends down uncomfortably close to the dead cultist's groin, she plucks out a dart. "Ha! Trap! Idiot." Looking at the elven monument at turn in the stairs, then the body, you confirm her theory. It seems he triggered a trap that launched a volley of magical darts at him.

Zulu looks at the body of the cultist more carefully, and sheds more light on the situation. He realizes that the cause of death was not the darts, but the eel. The group of cultists must have abandoned him and climbed on, leaving him to die.

You continue on up the stairs, taking more care when approaching the monuments at each switchback. However, thanks to the cultists who came before you, all of the traps are either triggered or dismantled. It seems about 2 in every 7 monuments are trapped, in random intervals. The elves obviously did not want this place disturbed...

You reach the top of the first peak, after about an hour of hiking. The temple stands before you! A series of weathered pillars arcs around the entrance of the temple, marking a curving border around a small plaza. A steep, narrow trail leaves the plaza from the northwest, winding more than a mile up the mountainside to the temple’s main observatory at a second peak. More important than the trail are the large doors to the temple and the mummified undead elf standing guard in front of them! You stand a moment, in shock, staring at each other. Then, the mummy takes a few steps forward and raises his hand - signalling you to stop. He speaks in a beautiful and ancient tongue.

Elven:

“I am Panelliar, Sun Spear of the Inscrutable. It is my duty to guard this place against those who would despoil or misuse my people’s discoveries. Turn back now, mortals.”


Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

Pippimi has absolutely no idea what this mummy is saying, but at the very least it's the first thing that hasn't immediately tried to kill the group in the last two weeks. She half turns to Clank while keeping an eye on the creature.

"Clank very smart, maybe can translate for team?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

Wow! I real-life elf-mummy. Its speech sounds so beautiful. Does anybody understand it? Yeah, maybe Clank.


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

Zulu eats up the details of a, as Lenny put it, real-life-elf-mummy; recording as much of the communication as he could, hoping to run some translation software over it once he returned to their ship.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Clank nods, happily translating. Those online videos really worked! This elvish ain't bad at all! The goblin walks to the front of the group and speaks, waving his hands. "He says he's Panera, Sun Spear of the somebody. He's guarding this place so that people don't mess with his stuff. Or, his people's discoveries - ooh, discoveries. He wants us to leave.”

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

Isn't there already a whole other group in there messing with his stuff? Or have they already come and gone? Can you ask it in Elvish?

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Clank translates happily, repeating the question in the silky elven language and repeating the mummy's words in Common. “Several parties have come this way. Centuries ago, a child of Golarion came. He sought the secrets beyond for his own glory, so I turned him away with violence. A band of lashuntas and an unfamiliar alien arrived recently. I recognized them as pawns of the Star-Eater, and although I turned them away, the leader’s conviction and magic were strong; I relented.”

He nods to the large doors behind him. “They entered the temple and studied the secrets within. Some of them later ascended the mountain to commune with the heavens with the portable shrine they carried. The others remain inside.” At the later statement, he points to the observatory on the second peak.


CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 5 | SP: 40/40 | HP: 36/36 | RP: 7/7 | EAC: 17 KAC: 17 | AC vs CM: 25 | F: 3 R: 7 W: 4 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

"Looks like we get to help the mummy turn them away when it couldn't? Will it let us pass if we do that? I am not looking for glory. I feel like a fight will be the only choice seeing how our last encounter went." Zoran tells the others.


Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

Pippimi looks up at the elf-mummy and waves a pair of paws "Hihi Panera! Clank, does Panera know if Tahomen team leave Doctor Solstarni here or take up mountain?"

She thinks for a moment and adds "If team also strong, can Panera also let us inside?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

Yes, this is touchy. We have to convince this one that we're on his side. Essentially, the exterminators he ordered. Clank, can you make that sound nice in Elvish?


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

"Fascinating."

Is all Zulu says coherently, fading off into a rapid fire string of mutterings and musings as he records the mummy and ponders the reasoning for maintaining the wrappings when the thing was clearly ambulatory and seemingly sentient. Seemed like an obstacle to fluid movement.

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Knowing that Clank is not exactly a very ... diplomatic person, Davrin worries whether he can adequately translate. No offence to the very friendly goblin of course. But just in case, Davrin tentatively speaks up in Castrovelian simply, just to see if the mummy elf understands other languages.

Castrovelian:
"Um, hello?"

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

The mummy looks to Davrin with an odd eye. He responds in an airy and slow language.

Celestial:

"That is the same language the others spoke. You know nothing of the classical languages, I see."

The elven guardian responds to Pippimi's question with an air of indifference. "Many were lashunta, the pitiful race scraping at the knowledge beneath our feet. One was different, a pet I think. Four arms, almost like you, furry one. Followed the others around on a leash." The mummy smiles slowly, finding a dark humor in that. At the insinuation that he could not properly defend the place, the elf stiffens. "I am Panelliar, Sun Spear of my people! This is the Temple of the Twelve, the last repository of my people’s lore in this system. Before me is the Veil, beyond which terrestrial ignorance melts beneath the weight of cosmic enlightenment. This, is a SACRED SPACE.” He gets louder as he says this, carrying a weight of the ages, until his voice is booming at the end. He looks at all of you with a darkness in his glowing eyes. "The strong one told me you would come. He told me you would not listen to reason. He said you were defilers..." He snaps his wrist and the staff in his hand glows with a holy power. A halberd head pops into existence at the top of the staff, glowing with deadly force. You recognize this as a solarian power, like your favorite gym owner.

Alright... The author gives you very little room around this fellow. It could be done, theoretically, but you'd have to be very clever. So, let me know if you have a quick and clever idea or if you want to make the first blow.


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

Seeing the mummy flare out his ostentatious power, Zulu Grips his gun and mutters.

"When in doubt, use violence. If that doesnt work, use more. Wish I had some high explosives..."

I got no clever ideas

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

I thought my idea that we were helping him "cleanse" the place was passable. Does Clank or Lenny need a diplomacy check to go for that, or is the idea just not feasible for this elvish guard?


Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

*Keeps mouth zipped tight*
I'm literally running this encounter right now for my group, so I don't want to say anything that would be spoilery.


Male CG Goblin Technomancer 5 | SP: 35/35HP: 27/27 RP: 6/6| EAC: 19 KAC: 19 CMAC: 24 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 Spell Cache (unused) conditions: None.

Clank thinks for a moment, then speaks up, as the rest of the group doesn't seem to have much of an idea. "I'm not a pawn of the Devourer, but I am a follower of the Pilgrim. My conviction and magic are pretty strong too; you should have -seen- what it did to some guys that were trying to defile the Stargazer! We made sure to cleanse them good. Maybe I can prove it to you?" He asks hopefully.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 5 | SP: 40/40 | HP: 36/36 | RP: 7/7 | EAC: 17 KAC: 17 | AC vs CM: 25 | F: 3 R: 7 W: 4 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

"The defender has fallen into their trap and turned against the would be preservers of this knowledge. Defending the cultists while they are free to mill about the sacred land. Sacred?! The Cult of The Devourer...those with no respect for life are traipsing about and you call it sacred?" Zoran speaks up laughing at first but then becoming insulted by the accusation.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 11 + (4) = 29

"You have given us no reason to listen to. We will deal with the cultists whether we do it with your blessing or with you in pieces. Then who will defend this land from the next cult?" he practically yells while checking his weapons.

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Davrin grabs the hem of Ralkawi's shirt and pulls her to the front. "We picked up this poor little abandoned member of this Cult that we have chasing. The Cult of Devourer whom you have allowed to enter to defile your very temple. Perhaps she can enlighten you further on what they intend to do? And perhaps you should be thankful that we are here to help you stop them!"

Auto-aid intimidation.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Your intimidation washes over the mummified elf like a wave crashing over a rocky outcropping. His hatred does not abate, and he makes no reaction.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Clank, looking at the mummy closer, can tell that it is under the control of a powerful necromancy spell, Command Undead. The guardian looks at Ralkawi suspiciously. "You were once a member of this cult?" She nods, nearly as scared of Davrin as she is of the mummy. "Yes, I follow, er, followed - the Devourer." She looks to Pippimi and gives a little smile.


Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

Pippimi bobs her head at Ralkawi, chirping "Ralkawi now deciding for self what good for her. Pippimi proud of her."

She looks up at the elf mummy, eyeing him skeptically before talking in common to her team "Pippimi thinking elf not really listening to team. He like vice-president presenting pet project during meeting. Very, very excited about idea, not very interested in how to implement. But not like vice-president, Pippimi can suplex elf to teach lesson."

"What team think?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

Lenny scratches his head, nodding at Pippimi.

Yeah, I don't think it's listening to us. Or we're not successfully communicating with it? Clank? Any last-ditch tries you want to make before we unload on it?


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

Zulu eyes the mummy critically, setting his exocortex to target the thing even as he nods to Pippimj.

"Yes. Looks to be in need of a piledriver. Perhaps a powerbomb."

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Davrin continues to stare down the mummy. "Yes, she USED to. That means not anymore. The Devourer. The same one whose cultists are right now behind you destroying whatever heritage you are trying to preserve. While you are blocking the very people who are trying to stop them. Get it yet?"

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

The mummy smiles at Clank, then Davrin, as his words are translated. "You are mistaken. Their leader said they were here to worship. To learn. He said you are the defilers. The leader could not be wrong." His halberd glows once again and he lunges at you!

Initiative:

Foe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Zoran Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Davrin Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
z45719 Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Pippimi Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Lenny Init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Clank Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Everybody in bold is up!

Lenny
Clank
Davrin
Zulu
Zoran

Pippimi

Panelliar, Sun Spear of the Inscrutable, Guardian of the Temple of the Twelve - 0 dmg, flat footed

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Davrin raises his pistol and starts firing, racing towards one of the pillar just in he needs cover later on.

trick attack, vs DC20+target CR: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 17 + 1 = 33 flat-footed to following attack if successful add. dmg if hit: 1d8 ⇒ 2
thunderstrike sonic pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 sonic dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Debilitating trick: If trick attack succeeds, flat-footed for 1 round


CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 5 | SP: 40/40 | HP: 36/36 | RP: 7/7 | EAC: 17 KAC: 17 | AC vs CM: 25 | F: 3 R: 7 W: 4 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

"Something tells me that thing isn't going to care about a word I say at this point. This will have to do." Zoran says forgoing his usual speeches and moving up to fire on the mummy.

Laser Pistol, Azimuth: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

As soon as the mummy lunges Zulu snaps his rifle up as commences firing a barrage of coherent light into the wrapped undead elf.

Attack 1, EAC: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 11
Damage, F: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Attack 2, EAC: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 18
Damage, F: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

I had indicated targetting the mummy during the conversation. If this is not possible let me know and remove a +1 from my rolls

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Davrin and Zulu do not hesitate, firing shots into the elf's chest. Zulu, caught off guard despite his preparations, misses with his first shot and hits it with the second.

Penelliar, or Panera - as Clank so lovingly called him, snarls and flings his arms open wide. A corona of energy spreads from his chest, filling the air around him. He smiles with ancient patience and sprints directly at Zoran! Ralkawi lets out a 'YEEP!' and runs backwards.

Everybody is up!

Lenny
Clank
Davrin
Zulu
Zoran
Pippimi

Panelliar, Sun Spear of the Inscrutable, Guardian of the Temple of the Twelve - 21 dmg, flatfooted

1,451 to 1,500 of 2,074 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SF] Incident at Absalom Station - GM Ewok All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.