Ruins of Pathfinder: Reign of Winter (Inactive)

Game Master Robert Brookes

"I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust."

T.S. Eliot


751 to 800 of 1,337 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Denek and Tyne both turns to look at one another, brows raised and an expression of utter disbelief on their faces. "L-Lead?" Tyne stammers, then grimaces as he scratches at the scruff of his neck.

"Can, ah, we get our weapons?" Denek asks sheepishly as he glances to Ordrud, then back to Styvanus with as much of a smile as he can musted, all things considered.

It was going to be a very, very long night.

________
Pop over to the discussion thread, and we'll talk about where to go from here.

Dark Archive

Male Chelish Human Fighter 1/Gunslinger 2/Guardian 1
Stats:
HP 39/39; AC 19, Flat Footed 17, Touch 12; CMD 19; Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +3

"Captain." Marcellano turns to face Styvanus, firmly sticking the butt-end of his musket in the snow. "This is not a diplomatic mission. We are not here to save these people, nor are we here to save their families. These two imbeciles see two people with the mark of Andoran on them and suddenly believe we're here to rescue them - only a quarter of the group resprent Andoran. They trust so easily a group that is represented not only by their precious Andoran, but also Thassilion and Cheliax, two kingdoms that by all means, can be considered the enemy by their people? That does not strike you as odd?" Marcellano furrows his brow, while gesturing his free hand towards the two men. "Even if these two are sincere - as foolish as they would be - does not mean this 'Big Dan' is in fact, an ally. In order to watch for mutiny, the best place to do so is in fact, from the least likely person to be suspected of being a plant - the mutiny leader himself. Not to mention, you wish to waltz into the enemy camp to speak to this man, risking the entire operation to try and secure an ally who, in fact, foolishly believes his family is being held alive to secure his cooperation?"

Marcellano snorts with disgust. "These foes we're fighting against. Do you really believe that they're the kind to keep their promises of keeping these mens' families alive? These same foes who use prisoners as live bait? These same foes who can animate the dead to do their bidding? These same foes who apparently seek to drown the world in an eternal winter? And yet, they'll keep women and children alive for the sake of a few peasants' cooperation? Their families are dead. Their women likely raped and killed. Their children are probably stewing in some witch's cauldron somewhere, or fed to this troll we keep hearing about." Marcellano looks at Denek and Tyne with a mixture of disgust and pity for a moment, his face in a frown with his brows furrowed.

Looking back at Styvanus, Marcellano continues, "We need to hit this camp hard and fast. No mercy, no negotiations. Let these men - these peasants, commoners, and cowards - choose their side during the heat of battle. After we engage, then we can let them know our purpose. Then we can tell them we're their allies. Let 'Big Dan' and the others show their true colors and then we can see what side they're really on. We cannot risk the success of our mission on peasants. Far too much is at stake for that."

"You are too soft, Captain. These foes will show us no mercy. We must show them none in return." Having spoken his mind, Marcellano finally finishes, his face as cold as the snow they have been traveling through.


Half-orc warrior | HP 72/72 | Bond 6/6 | LoH 5/5 | Smite 2/2 | 1st 2/2 | Ferocity 1/1 | AC 21 Touch 11 FF 20 CMD 20 | Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +7(+9) | Initiative +1 | Perception +6, Darkvision 60 ft.

The low growl continues from the half-orc, more orc than human. Now, it almost sounds as if it is chuckling in agreement with the Chelish marine. Hard and fast. No mercy to the lodge hunters.

One can almost imagine the bestial cacophony of an orc tribal conference of growls of various intonations.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Can't hurt ter have help. It don't matter none why they fight, as long as they fight fer us. Maybe they's just pissed off at havin' their balls froze off and working with a bunch of evil f*cks fer bosses. Maybe we just scare 'em more. If Big Dan is trouble he'll be dead soon enough. In the meantime, lets not risk our arses fighting folk we aint got to!" Rasso growls in response to the "noble" marine's outburst.

Dark Archive

Male Chelish Human Fighter 1/Gunslinger 2/Guardian 1
Stats:
HP 39/39; AC 19, Flat Footed 17, Touch 12; CMD 19; Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +3

"They are on the opposite side of the cabin to where we are anyways. We need to hit the cabin hard and fast. If necessary, we can send these two," Marcellano quickly gestures at Denek and Tyne "over to 'Big Dan' after we engage, to let him know that allies have arrived and they need to lay low and do not come to the cabin's assistance. They are more help staying out of our way and not assisting their captors. These imbeciles have yet to show any combat aptitude so far. I feel safer with the zombie watching my back than one of these fools. If they want to help, they can do so in a non-combatative way."


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Well you hairless monkeys are as blind as cave fish in the dark. Shouldn't be no work ter sidle round to Big Dan without bein' seen. Just got ter stay out o' the firelight, like we did with these two."


"Oi!" Denek suddenly chimes in, and despite Tyne trying to get him to stay quiet, he speaks his mind. "You're all talkin' 'bout us like we ain't here. We're offerin' t'help you b'cause we thought you were 'ere t'actually help us, an' if some devil-fackin' Chelish dog's gonna jump all o'er us, y'can try'n convince Big Dann t'help you all yer damn selves!"

Obviously agitated, Denek's voice has raised. Tyne rests a hand on Denek's shoulder, trying to stop him, but Denek's ire has been raised. "So you can jus' sod-off an' go stick yer iron pentacle up yer bloody arse! I ain't helpin' any've you if yer just here t'kill us all anyway!"

Tyne, obviously seeing where this is going, slowly tries to back out of Denek's argument, raising his hands sheepishly. "P-please don' kill me, I ain't put up no fight, I jus' want t'get outta' 'ere. I'll worship whatever Devil you want me to," which he thinks is suddenly a good idea to say, as he has finally noticed Fenyx's zombie standing out of the campfire light.

"I won't even say nuffin' about the Eagle Knight y'killed fer tha' fancy uniform," he directs to Styvanus, clearl ynot believing he is an Eagle Knight now, after this situation. He can't clearly see Rasso's through his eidolon shell.

____________
Denek has become unfriendly thanks to Marcellano's treatment.
Tyne has become indifferent.
Neither are now willing to work to help the team, however their attitudes could be affected by a future diplomacy or intimidate check.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"I dunno why he's here, but we're meant ter be here ta rescue the Eagle Knight Captain in the lodge and find the source of this winter. Me and our Captain here are Andoran lads, the rest are emissaries from other concerned lands. The Chelish dog will follow orders, like all good mutts. Our Captain's a fair sight less callous, he'll make sure none o' you get hurt. Least ways by our hands. Aint that right Styv?"
___________________________________________

Diplomacy aid another to Styvanus' response: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Dark Archive

Male Chelish Human Fighter 1/Gunslinger 2/Guardian 1
Stats:
HP 39/39; AC 19, Flat Footed 17, Touch 12; CMD 19; Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +3

Marcellano takes a side glance at Rasso before turning his head to him. "I'm here for the same reason you are, merman. To find the source of this winter. Even rescuing the Knight-Captain does not take priority over that, despite her assistance likely proving valuable if she yet lives. If the Captain still wishes to try and waltz into the enemy camp to negotiate with this 'Big Dann', then so be it. I've voiced my disagreement."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Ye sure the source of it aint yer icy heart? Shiiiiiit." Is Rasso's only response. He makes a grumpy face and waits for Styvanus to sort things out.


Sin Mage (Gluttony) 3
Stats:
HP 22/22; AC 11, Flat Footed 10, Touch 11; CMD 11; Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +4; Initiative +1

Fenyx wordlessly approaches the fire, draining the contents of a small vial as he does so. He begins rubbing his hands together, massaging knuckles and joints as much needed warmth floods back into his digits. He crouches low by the camp's fire, quietly observing as the tacticians continue their quarreling debate. His gaze remain cloaked in shadow, only the dancing flame's reflection in his eyes telling plainly where his attention rests: the pair of scouts before them. They are too eager to trust these cowards. The necromancer's gaze continues probing the pair of men, attempting to gauge whether or not their promises can be trusted. Their thick accents and state of terror makes it all but impossible for the Shalasti wizard to gain any insight into their motives, however, and he finds himself snorting in exasperation—a rare display of emotions for Fenyx, and likely the result of the restless, hectic trek into this frozen nightmare.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

A smirk crawls across Fenyx's face as Tyne notices the disheveled villager's carcass lingering just beyond the camp. He rises to his feet once more and removes his hood, the multi-hued sihedron upon his brow now plainly visible for all to see. "Despite the presence of our Chelaxian ally, you will find a precious lack of devilry to be found in our ranks. And my good friend behind us," Fenyx jerks a thumb over his shoulder to indicate the broken jawed corpse that remains motionless behind, "was an unwilling gift from this Halak you all seem so terrified of." Fenyx allows the comment to rest for a moment on their minds, giving both Tyne and Denek a meaningful look as he does so. Yes, let them see that our mettle exceeds that of he who holds their shackles so firmly. Thankfully, he forgets to mention the immense struggle that was involved in acquiring the zombie.

"As to our intentions here, gentlemen, I'm afraid the Chelish dog is as close to right as he is to wrong. We were not sent here to save you. However, that does not have to mean we were sent here to end you. In fact, I might hazard a guess that one simply needs to help us accomplish our task to be considered worthy of our assistance." Fenyx has begun pacing before the two captives at this point, hands exhibiting practiced flourishes as he begins appealing to their sense of morality and patriotism. "I will not engage in the maddening frivolity of wondering whether the families of you and your friends live or die. It is irrelevant. What is more pressing is the presence of these interlopers who have subjugated your people and way of life under the frigid oppression of this damnable winter. That they are unhindered by this encroaching ice age likely indicates that they represent the forces at work behind it. That is what is at stake here, and that is our purpose. If this expedition fails, it could well mean the end of this world for life as we know it: the final nail in a coffin already lowered into the ground."

Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

As the two men mull over the words, Fenyx considers their options. The beginnings of an idea form in his mind in short order, and he resolves to ask a simple question to the pair: "How would the camp react if Halak were to attack it?"

_________________________
The aforementioned vial is a potion of cure light wounds to nip the ole fatigue condition in the bud.
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Going to wait till Styv's post to respond to Fenyx's, but that is a clever notion there, Mr. Necromancer ;)

Liberty's Edge

Stats
Spoiler:
  • HP 25/25
  • AC 20( T: 12/ FF:16)
  • Fort + 4|Ref + 2|Will + 2
  • Init + 2
  • Perception +1

Styvanus shakes his head and gives Marcelanno a look that conveys more disappointment than anger. The fact that the team had been working well had caused Styv to forget their fundamental differences. It seemed the Chelish discouraged empathy. He wondered if the rest of the world would ever embrace Common Rule, and the freedom it brings. He allowed Rasso to speak the words Styv couldn't find to address Kain, he then turned his attention to the two scouts." Believe what you will men, But the truth which I hope you'll see is that me and my friend here-"He motions to the merman before continuing." Are in the service of the Nation of Andoran. This uniform was earned, not stolen..."His words echo with hard to miss conviction that suggested he was speaking only the truth. He paused to allow Fenyx to speak before he nodded his approval.

" Regardless of nationality, now isn't the time for in-fighting. I'd expect you to do your part in helping. Tell us every little detail you remember about Halak."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


For all the ire that Marcellano had worked up out of Denek and Tyne, the impossible reassurances of the delegate of Xin-Shalast seem to have the most impact on their reactions. Denek and Tyne both grow quiet and worried at the implications of what they're hearing. Styvanus' sentiments are comforting, and Ordrud's assistance is reassuring, but Fenyx has put something into perspective for them that, perhaps, those in less insular communities would already be aware of.

"It's like this everywhere?"

Tyne's disbelief comes with an almost child-like sense of say it ain't so. He slumps down into the snow, the weight of that revelation heavy on him. Perhaps he'd felt this forest cursed, or perhaps just Falcon's Hollow to be unfortunate enough to have the winds of winter at its throat like icy hands. Now, they realized, the stakes were higher than they had been made aware of.

The notion brings to mind for Talavuc an erutaki phrase, "The seals do not know the mountains, only the shores and the waves." For Denek and Tyne, Falcon's Hollow is all they've ever known.

Silence is all that follows, silence and the pop of a campfire for several minutes. The two sentries stare at each other in disbelief, no questions any longer for their paradoxical captors and liberators. Instead there is just a slack-jawed expression of disbelief that so many disparate peoples from so many distant lands all share the same plight.

"They'd be terrified," Denek suddenly speaks up, breaking the silence. "E'rbody's scared sh*tless of Halak. E's got the witch's power an' e's the only one that goes beyond t'bridge..." He looks back to the fire, curling his gloved hands into fists briefly. "Halak's tall, got a big build like tha' orc-man," he motions to Ordrud but doesn't make eye contact. "Halak wears a lot'f furs, has 'imself a big stag skull helmet an' big ol' antlers." Lifting his hands to his head, fingers spread, Denek demonstrates antlers for no good reason.

"E's got a big stick covered'n teef and bits a'jawbone an' leather straps. An' e's always followed by this big ol' talkin' white stag. E's got this voice, too... like..." Denek struggles to find the right description. Thankfully, Tyne knows just the right analogy.

"Like an angry Da'. E' ain't mad at you, e's jus' disappointed an' e' ain't never gonna' be enough t'im." Tyne's brows furrow and he looks to Denek, then to Styvanus helplessly. "We ain't never talked t'im ourselves. But e's talked at us 'fore."


 
 
 
   
A chill wind whips through the sparse tree cover atop Talon's Hill, a squat rise of land overlooking the Darkmoon wood. With the trees lumbered off of this hill decades prior, a clear view of the surrounding forest can be seen in every direction. From this camp, the lights of the Red Wraith down in Falcon's Hollow can clearly be seen, and its approach could likely have been seen coming for miles up river. The hilltop is warmly lit by the glow of a large, crackling fire set amidst a field of snow-shrouded tents. Dominating the hilltop, however, is a former lodge of the Twilight Talons, bequeathed to the Andoran Lumber Consortium decades past after the Darkmoon Vale had been settled formally.

The lodge is a single story structure with a steeply pitched roof that easily sheds snow from its surface. Two chimneys each belching smoke rise up several feet from the rooftop, though the highest point is a squat octagonal tower with a pointed roof and shuttered windows that must serve as the highest vantage point in all of Darkmoon wood. But even without the elevation afforded by the post and timber lodge, one geographical feature of the wood can be seen from anywhere on the hill; the eye of the storm.

Churning like a tornado of pure white, a mile tall column of winter wind and clouds spins endlessly into the darkness of night above. Flashes of pale icy light flicker and sparkle at the ground where its point of origin appears to be in a clearing near the heart of the forest. From the hill, a wall of snow and wind can be seen forming a miles-wide perimeter around the eye of the storm, clearly the work of some powerful supernatural force or divine intervention of a wrathful God of nature.

Amidst this supernatural vista, a lone sentry observes the lodge from the comfort of the fire pit's warmth. With so many defenses leading through the wood to the lodge, the presence of the man identified as Big Dann seems almost superfluous, and is likely why the defenses beyond the river have been so sparse. Big Dann is exactly as he was described, a broad-shouldered hulk of a man draped in black furs and leather with a vibrant blue kapenia worn around his bald head. A jagged scar cuts down one side of his grizzled face, and he looks like he has lived a hard life of manual labor. At his side, a wood-splitting axe looks both comically small and unbelievably threatening in one paradoxical moment.

Staring into the fire, Dann seems entranced by the pop and crackle of the flames. Enough so that when the lanky forms of Denek and Tyne step out from the shadows of his tent he jumps to his feet, startled, until he recognizes their faces. With one hand angled towards the upraised axe handle sticking up out of the snow, Dann gives Denek and Tyne a stern look.

"Th' f*ck are you two doin' off yer post?" Dann's voice is deep and gravely, though he is clearly trying to keep it down so as to not rouse the others that are sleeping. "If Thuldrin finds out you left yer posts, he's goin' t'have you killed." With a swift flick of his hand, Dann motions back towards the northeast trail that leads down to the river. "Get back until yer relieved damnit."

Denek grimaces, holding up two gloved hands in a placating gesture. "Dann," he whispers, stepping in closer to the burly man. "T'fekin' Eagle Knight's 'av shown up, man." That bold statement causes Dann to look around with quick, sharp glances before squaring his attention back on Denek, then Tyne.

"Eagle Knights an' then some. Dann, they's gonna liberate us. Tha' ship was packed wiv'um, they's already killed Halak's men an' they's talked t'us. They's gonna' raid th'--" Before Tyne can finish his sentence, Dann takes a step closer to the two men and stares down at them.

"Bullsh*t," he growls, grabbing Tyne by the scruff of his jacket. "Eagle Knights abandoned us out here years ago. If you two dipsh*ts are--"

"Dann" Denek inrerjects, putting a hand on Dann's huge arm. "Please, s'true. They came t'stop tha' storm. They's got all sorts'v magic an' powers. Dann, they's gonna rescue everybody." Laying it on a bit thick, Denek is trying to appeal to the sensibilities that he knows Dann still has, deep down inside. The man he used to be before Thuldrin Kreed and Halak came along; before the long winter.

Dann glares at Denek, then looks to the cabin before squaring his attention back on the two scouts.

"Tell me everything."
 
 
 
 
 
     << Talon's Hill Lodge, Darkmoon Wood | Pre-Dawn | Very Cold (-2° F/-18° C) | Toilday, Erastus 10th, 4715 AR >>
 
 
 
 
From their vantage point behind a tent, Ordrud, Rasso, Teladon and Fenyx can barely make out Denek and Tyne's conversation with Big Dann. They can see wild gesticulations, hear sharp whispers and accusations go back and forth. At the very least, it seems as though the two have been successful in distracting Dann, but where his allegiances lie is still uncertain.

From here the lodge looks quiet, a few lanterns lit inside and the windows frosted around the edges with ice, blooming that warm orange glow.

Across the hill, crouched behind the lodge's well, Captain Rozier, Marcellano, Ar'Zarrcal and Talavuc along with a cranky-tired Naasvit can see the same status of the lodge, but have no inkling as to what is going on at the other side. They can, however, see something through one of the lodge's windows. Marcellano has the best view, but what he sees isn't reassuring at all.

Inside the lodge's dining hall, hunched over a long table with bench seats, is a mountain of as man. He must be at least seven feet tall, broad shouldered and muscled in the way bears are. Bald and covered with scars, he looks to have forsaken his winter gear while inside the lodge, wearing a sweat-stained and threadbare cotton shirt with the sleeves torn off. In front of him is a platter with the mangled carcass of a cooked pheasant that he is currently gnawing on a drumstick of.

That must be Payden "Payday" Teedum.

He's bigger than Denek and Tyne said.


The map has been updated to the lodge. All icons on the map of NPCs indicate where Denek and Tyne have indicated that they are. The men inside the lodge are asleep, save for Payden Teedum, who seems to be enjoying an extremely early breakfast.
 
Big Dann is talking with Denek and Tyne and the villagers are asleep nearby. There are no environmental hazards to worry about right now. The snow is only a few inches deep and the cold is mitigated by your cold weather gear.
 
You are currently not in combat tracking. We will not track combat until you have either done something that could get the attention of the people in the lodge (like forcing open a door or window) or until Fenyx's ambush plan on the front door begins.
 
Please remember that any spellcasting with verbal components requires that you speak in a firm, clear voice and may result in you being spotted or alerting enemies.
 
Everyone please make a Stealth check to represent a long-term stealth while you are moving around the lodge. If you choose to remain stationary you do not need to make a Stealth check. For favorable circumstances you will have a +4 bonus to any Stealth checks made.
 
Good luck.

Dark Archive

Male Chelish Human Fighter 1/Gunslinger 2/Guardian 1
Stats:
HP 39/39; AC 19, Flat Footed 17, Touch 12; CMD 19; Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +3

Stealth Check: 1d20 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (3) - 3 + 4 = 4
DING DONG, DID SOMEONE ORDER A PIZZA?

Ah well.. uh.. did I ever tell you guys I'm not the stealthiest of people? Maybe we should've sent the Elf first.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Marcellano retains his role of "guy who always fails skill checks."


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Rasso creeps forward as quietly as he can, sling at the ready.
_________________________________

Stealth check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Move to ZP9.

Dark Archive

Male Chelish Human Fighter 1/Gunslinger 2/Guardian 1
Stats:
HP 39/39; AC 19, Flat Footed 17, Touch 12; CMD 19; Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +3

This is relevant to our skill checks


Half-orc warrior | HP 72/72 | Bond 6/6 | LoH 5/5 | Smite 2/2 | 1st 2/2 | Ferocity 1/1 | AC 21 Touch 11 FF 20 CMD 20 | Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +7(+9) | Initiative +1 | Perception +6, Darkvision 60 ft.

Ordrud attempts to listen but gets bored. He shifts toward the tent and peers through a gap at the contents.
____________________________________________
5-foot step to ZS3
Stealth take 10-1=9
Perception take 10+6

Stealth long term: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Liberty's Edge

Stats
Spoiler:
  • HP 25/25
  • AC 20( T: 12/ FF:16)
  • Fort + 4|Ref + 2|Will + 2
  • Init + 2
  • Perception +1

Gonna wait for the team in front to make their move but I'll go ahead and put some rolls up

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Sin Mage (Gluttony) 3
Stats:
HP 22/22; AC 11, Flat Footed 10, Touch 11; CMD 11; Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +4; Initiative +1

Fenyx remains crouched behind the tent, studying the conversation taking place beyond intently. He looks down to regard his current garments—likely a crude attempt to replicate the same worn by Halak. Let us hope it is enough to afford us the advantage.

As Rasso moves forward behind the tents, "Halak" attempts to follow silently behind.

_________________________
Stealth Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Move to ZP7.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Isn't "Halak" supposed to send a zombie to attack the front door as the queue?


Sin Mage (Gluttony) 3
Stats:
HP 22/22; AC 11, Flat Footed 10, Touch 11; CMD 11; Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +4; Initiative +1

Yeah, I'm trying to get a gauge for what kind of impact Big Dan is going to have before I let the dogs loose, though. That, and moving the zombie close enough that it can charge the door (ideally) since they are perma-staggered.


Waiting to hear from Teladon, Ar'Z and Talavuc (hopefully) and then I'll advance things a little, since Fenyx wants to see how the Dann situation goes before sending off his zombie.


Male Grey Elf (Fey) Magus 3/Champion/Archmage 1 AC 16/12/14/ HP 30/30 / F +5 R +3 W +3 (+9 vs cold weather) / Init. +2 / Perc. +9 / Mythic 3/5)

Like babes in a forest. Teladon thinks, scowling at the sound of a large branch cracking beneath the snow as Marcellano creeps forward. Then, as if to add insult to injury Rasso stumbles as he moves forward, causing a flight of birds ravens to burst from a nearby tree, cawing and fluttering in the winter wind.

Shaking his head in disgust, Teladon considered drawing an arrow and fitting it to his elegantly carved nalwood bow, however he decided against it. Despite his reservations with the other members of the team, they had shown a certain amount of aptitude as specialists; however the ability to move unseen was something that the group as a whole lacked. Sighing, Teladon removed his cloak and flipped it over from the dark black exterior to the dyed white interior. Grabbing several branches, the elf attached them to loops that have been carefully sewn in the garment. Teladon was no fool and he had learned during his fights against the dark-kin that creativity and preparation would often trump raw skill and haste. Crouching down low to the ground Teladon began to crawl forward, taking his time and carefully checking each movement of his body against the contours of the land.

If nothing else, the others would provide a distraction away from the magus, and Teladon would take any advantage he could get.
________________________
Taking 10 on survival to rig myself with Camoflage Netting in the form of my white cloak with fallen tree branches. Technically this gives a +4 to stealth while still, but I figured that if would give a +2 during movement as well. By getting low to the ground I treated myself as small for a +4 and my base stealth is +0 (thanks to my Chain shirt.) I am taking ten on the stealth check for a total stealth of 16


I can get down with it allowing a +2 while moving at crawling speed; 5-feet per round. Kind of the way a ghillie suit works when crawling. That low profile would afford the stealth bonus for size too, but pretty much only while crawling. It's a good strategy when not pressed for time, such as your situation.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Continuing their conversation with Big Dann, Denek and Tyne look to be trying to impress the gravity of the situation on Dann in a way that doesn't imply the well-being of his daughter but the entirety of the people of Falcon's Hollow and the world beyond. Tyne, smartly, allows Denek to do the talking. For all his stumbling earlier, Denek seems to know how to speak to Dann, and that the pair are on friendly terms already seems to give Denek an edge that the team they're advocating for may not have had on their own. It is, in hindsight, a sound tactic.

At first Big Dann looks furious, waving one hand to accent his sharply whispered words in the glow of the firelight. Denek continues trying to calm Dann, and for a moment it looks like things may turn violent when Dann draws a hunting knife out of his belt and brandishes it at Tyne. Denek, with a hand on Dann's huge forearm, eases the man's arm down after shooting a look towards the far side of the cabin where he'd heard a noise.

Finally, Dann seems calmed, and looks around the tents nearby. Without waking any of the sleeping men up, Dann offers a nod and a few more quietly spoken words to Denek and Tyne, then steps around to the side of the fire facing the cabin, knife still drawn. He looks to be waiting for something, and whatever Denek and Tyne have managed to get him to agree to is only communicated to the main group with the universal sign for finger of dea--

-- Wait.

No.

Fenyx exhales a sigh of relief, as Denek's thumb's up did not complete the full-circle rotation needed for a finger of death. Living in Xin-Shalast must have made certain hand-gestures moe cause for alarm than others.
 
 
 
 
 
        MEANWHILE...
 
 
 
 
 
 
Meat tears from bone, pinched between teeth as its torn away before being slurped up between a pair of large lips. Grease glistens across a stubbled jaw, and the hulking frame of Payden "Payday" Teedum shadows the small carcass of roasted a phesant on the plate in front of him. Within the dimly lit cabin, Payden is alone, given time and comfort to lick juices from his fingers and savor a meal while not under a taskmaster's watchful eye. The night has its advantages, as does rising early.

Wiping his hands clean on his breeches, Payden pauses in mid-lift of a leg off of the bench he's seated on. One brow lifts, and he turns to look towards the window near the dining hall door. He'd heard something, likely nothing given the remoteness of the lodge, but a surprise return by Halak would require waking Thuldrin immediately. Easing off of his bench, Payden walks with clunking footfalls towards the windows by the door, leaning close to the glass as he scrubs away some of the frost with the palm of his hand. The hulking brute of a man leans forward, cupping his hands around his head to block out glare as he tries to look for any signs of approach of Halak or the hunters that were sent into the town.

Marcellano and the others by the well can see Payden's enormous form blocking out the light of the north-facing window by the door. Then, as he jerks into an upright position, there is no mistaking an appearance of alertness and concern. Payden saw something, and as his huge frame starts to turn towards the interior of the cabin, the team by the well is presented with the likelihood that he is going to wake the scouts to investigate.

Choices had to be made.
 
 
 
 
 
    << Encounter: Siege of Talon's Hill | Surprise Round | Dim Illumination | Encounter Map: Talon's Hill Lodge >>
 
 
 

 
 
 

Unaware that Thuldrin's pit-boss "Payday" has spotted Marcellano, Dann and Denek wait for the sign that the attack on the lodge has begun. Tyne, however, seems preoccupied with watching the rope bridge beyond the lodge sway in gusting wind, wood creaking and ice falling from its surface. The sound unnerves him, as does the prospect of anything at all coming out from the darkwood heart, where Halak and the winter witch hold court.

__________________________
INITIATIVE
Big Dann & Villagers: ⇒ 19
Denek: ⇒ 18
Rasso: ⇒ 16
Fenyx: ⇒ 14
Marcellano: ⇒ 13
Ar'Zarrcal: ⇒ 12
"Payday": ⇒ 11
Talavuc: ⇒ 10
Ordrud: ⇒ 9
Teladon: ⇒ 9
Tyne: ⇒ 9
Styvanus: ⇒ 6

Full Initiative:

Thuldrin: ⇒ 23
Big Dann & Villagers: ⇒ 19
Denek: ⇒ 18
????: ⇒ 16
Rasso: ⇒ 16
Fenyx: ⇒ 14
Marcellano: ⇒ 13
Hunters: ⇒ 12
Ar'Zarrcal: ⇒ 12
"Payday": ⇒ 11
Talavuc: ⇒ 10
Ordrud: ⇒ 9
Teladon: ⇒ 9
Tyne: ⇒ 9
Styvanus: ⇒ 6
 

Initiative Rolls:

PCs 
Ar'Zarrcal: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Talavuc: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Fenyx: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Marcellano: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Ordrud: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Rasso: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Teladon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Styvanus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Allied NPCs
Big Dann & Villagers: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Denek: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Tyne: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Enemy NPCs
Payday: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Thuldrin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Hunters: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
????
????: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
 

____________

Denek & Tyne's Diplomacy Checks:

[ooc]Denek: Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 (Dann's status of Friendly = Base DC 10 + 2 Cha mod = DC 12) Success
Tyne: Aid Another: 1d20 ⇒ 16 Fail

Payden: Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


As dawn is approaching the forest is aglow in the pale bluish glow of pre-dawn. All outdoor terrain is considered to be dim light:

Dim Light:

In an area of dim light, a character can see somewhat. Creatures within this area have concealment (20% miss chance in combat) from those without darkvision or the ability to see in darkness. A creature within an area of dim light can make a Stealth check to conceal itself.

The area by Dann's fire has a 60 foot radius of normal light. All other light is contingent on your own personal light sources, if any.


Dann and Denek take no actions this turn, as they have signaled to Fenyx that the coast is clear.
 
Rasso, Fenyx, Marcellano and Ar'Zarrcal are up.


Sin Mage (Gluttony) 3
Stats:
HP 22/22; AC 11, Flat Footed 10, Touch 11; CMD 11; Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +4; Initiative +1

Fenyx, from the depths of his stag's skull helmet, flashes a brief glance to those arrayed ahead and behind him. He gives a brief nod, exaggerated by the presence of a great, curling rack of antlers, though the message is immutable: it is time to proceed.

Rising to his full height, and mustering as defiant a stance as his tired muscles can allow, the pale wizard points a finger at the door beyond and says, "Break," to the lurching carcass beside him. Wordlessly and without hesitation, the zombie begins loping across the snow surrounding the tents scattered before the lodge. As the wretched thing surges forward, Fenyx falls in behind Rasso, now feeling far more exposed to the dangers that no doubt await.

_________________________
Free Action: Ordering Mr. Zombie to go knock on the door.
Move Action: Fenyx would like to maintain his position relative to Rasso (moving with the merman one square behind), though he will draw and conceal his crossbow beneath the folds of his "furs" as he does so.
*Edit: ^ . . . Ending Location: ZU10 for Fenyx, ZU9 for Zombie.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Bring the corpse, lets hustle!" Rasso stage whispers to Fenyx. Stowing his sling, he advances towards the fire. "Comin' through mates, goin' ter knock on the door." he says quietly to the men gathered around the blaze a couple yards away.
__________________

Move to ZV10.

Dark Archive

Male Chelish Human Fighter 1/Gunslinger 2/Guardian 1
Stats:
HP 39/39; AC 19, Flat Footed 17, Touch 12; CMD 19; Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +3

So Payday is at the window's edge eh? I can tell he's spotted me? ...What kind of defensive bonuses does he have if I try and shoot him?


Payden would have partial cover (+2 to AC and a +1 bonus on reflex saves)) from standing in the window. Marcellano can tell he spotted something and is reacting with surprise.

Dark Archive

Male Chelish Human Fighter 1/Gunslinger 2/Guardian 1
Stats:
HP 39/39; AC 19, Flat Footed 17, Touch 12; CMD 19; Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +3

Crouching and sneaking across the snow to the well, Marcellano moves with utmost care; despite that, his attempts at remaining quiet fail miserably when he steps on a branch, making a loud snapping sound that causes him to cringe. At the sound, he notices movement of "Payday", and realizes he's likely been spotted. Not one to let an opportunity slip away, Marcellano decides to make the first move and get this ambush started. As quickly as possible, Marcellano hefts musket to his shoulder, aims at the window where "Payday" is standing, pulls back the firing primer on his musket, and pulls the trigger.

Time to get this started!

______________________________________________

Well then, best not be making him wait! My bullet would love to meet him!

Musket Shot Heard 'Round the World: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d12 ⇒ 2
Ending Location: R4


A gunshot rings out in the pre-dawn light, the distinctive crack of musket fire and shattering glass. Inside the lodge, Payden Teedum whirls around as he is clipped in the shoulder by the musketball, crashing into the long galley table before finding his footing, staggering out of sight with one hand grasped to his shoulder. "Intruders! Intruders!" Payden screams inside the lodge, his booming voice seeming small in comparison to the musket shot. "What the f*ck're you all doing outside, sleeping!?"

Payden pounds on the wall and doors as he passe sby them, rousing the exhausted guards within. "Intruders! Get up! Get up!" Continuing down the hall, leaving dribbled spots of blood in his wake, Payden is heading for the storage room as fast as he can.

"Good shot," Ar'Zarrcal grumbles outside, ducked behind the frozen stones of the well. Looking side-long to Marcellano, the dwarf regards the marine with a momentary consideration. Raising his shield and withdrawing his warhammer, Ar'Zarrcal begins heading towards the back door through the crunching snow. "Time for shields to lead," is offered to the group, but more pointedly to Styvanus; a suggestion to join him at the door.

Hissing a sharp breath, Talavus shoots a look at Marcellano when the musket goes off. She realizes that a snap-judgment was necessary, but she can't help but feel the marine may have spoiled their ambush. Clicking her tongue and motioning to Naasvit, Talavuc hefts her spear and hustles in a darting crouch towards the back door, passing Ar'Zarrcal's more methodical approach with her mink hot on her heels. The two come to a stop outside the door, nodding to Ar'Zarrcal when she's in place.

I hope those two were able to convince Dann not to attack us, Talavuc worries, glancing in the direction of one of the unoccupied tents in the distance.

On the other side of the lodge, Tyne splits off from Dann and Denek, circling around the fire and putting Dann's tent at his back and the fire in front of him. Drawing his bow, Tyne doesn't nock an arrow but instead waits to see what happens when the cavalcade of ambushers arrive. He's just had the good sense to get out of the way.

_______
Ordrud, Teladon and Styvanus, you're up.
Everyone can hear shouting inside the cabin and obviously Captain Subtle's musket shot. You can presume everything in a half mile heard the gunshot.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Hope that doesn't bring evil ice stag-boy across the bridge. ~_~*


Sin Mage (Gluttony) 3
Stats:
HP 22/22; AC 11, Flat Footed 10, Touch 11; CMD 11; Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +4; Initiative +1

I dunno; that brief moment where Halak and "Halak" look at each other would be pretty priceless.


Male Grey Elf (Fey) Magus 3/Champion/Archmage 1 AC 16/12/14/ HP 30/30 / F +5 R +3 W +3 (+9 vs cold weather) / Init. +2 / Perc. +9 / Mythic 3/5)

Round 1, Initiative 9

Why should I not be surprised that Marcellano would not give me the chance to move into position? Teladon seethed beneath his iron mask and stoic stance. The irony is that I am no more skilled at stealth than any of them, and yet I am prepared and use my resources to my advantage. Shaking his head, sighed. This is what happened when you given humans guns.

Pushing himself up out of the light ground scatter of snow, Teladon gave a sharp tug and freed his white, netted cloak. We should have let them all go to this icy hell and we to Sovyrian.. had we but access to the stone. Taking a sharp breath, steam curled from his mask. Fine then. The path had been chosen.

Running forward while couched low, Teladon glided between the tents, keeping one hand free while the other kept his bow in hand. At least it is a night and the impressed villagers have not taken up arms. That is something to be thankful of I suppose..

Double Move: Stand up from prone and release by camo cloak. Move 30' to 7 ZS


Crouched down low behind the tents, Ordrud winds up his sling as he moves, whirling it around in a slow circle while keeping his eyes trained on the lodge. Moving around the side of one of the tents, he can hear commotion of men rousing from sleep inside. Shooting a quick look to Fenyx, Ordrud offers him a nod and moves ahead some more.

_________
Moving Ordrud for his turn since he's on vacation.

Liberty's Edge

Stats
Spoiler:
  • HP 25/25
  • AC 20( T: 12/ FF:16)
  • Fort + 4|Ref + 2|Will + 2
  • Init + 2
  • Perception +1

The Captain bounded forward, his footfalls surprisingly light for as heavy as his legs felt from the long march that had led the expedition to this moment. Now was not the time for hesitation. 'Payday' had noticed the Chelish marine's movements, and their hand was forced. The action exploded along with the gunpowder in Kain's musket. It was a good decision, and Styv could only shake his head when he saw the mountain of a man take the glancing shot to the shoulder and come back up and retreat into the innards of the lodge. He could hear the poundings on doors and shouting from inside. Soon the place would be on high alert, and it was now life or death. We must strike now, before they have a chance to gather arms!

Sliding past the well, he made his way to the next window where movement inside indicated a groggy soldier rising to his feet. Styvanus brought his musket to his shoulder and steadied his barrel on the window's ledge. "Here it goes..." Styvanus let out a shrill whistle, signalling to his team that it was now, that the trap must be sprung. He took aim, holding his breath and squeezed the trigger, anticipating a deafening boom and the sound of shattering glass....
_______________________________________________________________________
Move to 0-6, Fire musket at hunter inside room.
Musket Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage: 1d12 ⇒ 12

And a misfire, that max damage would have been really nice. x_x;;;


 
 
 

SURPRISE ROUND: RECAP
 
 
 
Unaware that Thuldrin's pit-boss "Payday" has spotted Marcellano, Dann and Denek wait for the sign that the attack on the lodge has begun. Tyne, however, seems preoccupied with watching the rope bridge beyond the lodge sway in gusting wind, wood creaking and ice falling from its surface. The sound unnerves him, as does the prospect of anything at all coming out from the darkwood heart, where Halak and the winter witch hold court.

"Bring the corpse, lets hustle!" Rasso stage whispers to Fenyx. Stowing his sling, he advances towards the fire. "Comin' through mates, goin' ter knock on the door." he says quietly to the men gathered around the blaze a couple yards away.

Fenyx, from the depths of his stag's skull helmet, flashes a brief glance to those arrayed ahead and behind him. He gives a brief nod, exaggerated by the presence of a great, curling rack of antlers, though the message is immutable: it is time to proceed.

Rising to his full height, and mustering as defiant a stance as his tired muscles can allow, the pale wizard points a finger at the door beyond and says, "Break," to the lurching carcass beside him. Wordlessly and without hesitation, the zombie begins loping across the snow surrounding the tents scattered before the lodge. As the wretched thing surges forward, Fenyx falls in behind Rasso, now feeling far more exposed to the dangers that no doubt await.

Crouching and sneaking across the snow to the well, Marcellano moves with utmost care; despite that, his attempts at remaining quiet fail miserably when he steps on a branch, making a loud snapping sound that causes him to cringe. At the sound, he notices movement of "Payday", and realizes he's likely been spotted. Not one to let an opportunity slip away, Marcellano decides to make the first move and get this ambush started. As quickly as possible, Marcellano hefts musket to his shoulder, aims at the window where "Payday" is standing, pulls back the firing primer on his musket, and pulls the trigger. Time to get this started!

A gunshot rings out in the pre-dawn light, the distinctive crack of musket fire and shattering glass. Inside the lodge, Payden Teedum whirls around as he is clipped in the shoulder by the musketball, crashing into the long galley table before finding his footing, staggering out of sight with one hand grasped to his shoulder. "Intruders! Intruders!" Payden screams inside the lodge, his booming voice seeming small in comparison to the musket shot. "What the f*ck're you all doing outside, sleeping!?"

Payden pounds on the wall and doors as he passe sby them, rousing the exhausted guards within. "Intruders! Get up! Get up!" Continuing down the hall, leaving dribbled spots of blood in his wake, Payden is heading for the storage room as fast as he can.

"Good shot," Ar'Zarrcal grumbles outside, ducked behind the frozen stones of the well. Looking side-long to Marcellano, the dwarf regards the marine with a momentary consideration. Raising his shield and withdrawing his warhammer, Ar'Zarrcal begins heading towards the back door through the crunching snow. "Time for shields to lead," is offered to the group, but more pointedly to Styvanus; a suggestion to join him at the door.

Hissing a sharp breath, Talavus shoots a look at Marcellano when the musket goes off. She realizes that a snap-judgment was necessary, but she can't help but feel the marine may have spoiled their ambush. Clicking her tongue and motioning to Naasvit, Talavuc hefts her spear and hustles in a darting crouch towards the back door, passing Ar'Zarrcal's more methodical approach with her mink hot on her heels. The two come to a stop outside the door, nodding to Ar'Zarrcal when she's in place.

I hope those two were able to convince Dann not to attack us, Talavuc worries, glancing in the direction of one of the unoccupied tents in the distance.

On the other side of the lodge, Tyne splits off from Dann and Denek, circling around the fire and putting Dann's tent at his back and the fire in front of him. Drawing his bow, Tyne doesn't nock an arrow but instead waits to see what happens when the cavalcade of ambushers arrive. He's just had the good sense to get out of the way.

Crouched down low behind the tents, Ordrud winds up his sling as he moves, whirling it around in a slow circle while keeping his eyes trained on the lodge. Moving around the side of one of the tents, he can hear commotion of men rousing from sleep inside. Shooting a quick look to Fenyx, Ordrud offers him a nod and moves ahead some more.

Why should I not be surprised that Marcellano would not give me the chance to move into position? Teladon seethed beneath his iron mask and stoic stance. The irony is that I am no more skilled at stealth than any of them, and yet I am prepared and use my resources to my advantage. Shaking his head, sighed. This is what happened when you given humans guns.

Pushing himself up out of the light ground scatter of snow, Teladon gave a sharp tug and freed his white, netted cloak. We should have let them all go to this icy hell and we to Sovyrian... had we but access to the stone. Taking a sharp breath, steam curled from his mask. Fine then. The path had been chosen.

Running forward while couched low, Teladon glided between the tents, keeping one hand free while the other kept his bow in hand. At least it is a night and the impressed villagers have not taken up arms. That is something to be thankful of I suppose...

The Captain bounded forward, his footfalls surprisingly light for as heavy as his legs felt from the long march that had led the expedition to this moment. Now was not the time for hesitation. 'Payday' had noticed the Chelish marine's movements, and their hand was forced. The action exploded along with the gunpowder in Kain's musket. It was a good decision, and Styv could only shake his head when he saw the mountain of a man take the glancing shot to the shoulder and come back up and retreat into the innards of the lodge. He could hear the poundings on doors and shouting from inside. Soon the place would be on high alert, and it was now life or death. We must strike now, before they have a chance to gather arms!

Sliding past the well, he made his way to the next window where movement inside indicated a groggy soldier rising to his feet. Styvanus brought his musket to his shoulder and steadied his barrel on the window's ledge. "Here it goes..." Styvanus let out a shrill whistle, signalling to his team that it was now, that the trap must be sprung. He took aim, holding his breath and squeezed the trigger, anticipating a deafening boom and the sound of shattering glass...

...but all that comes from the musket is a whuff of powder igniting and a puff of smoke from a misfire.

Of all the times.
 
 
 
 
 
 
   << Encounter: Siege of Talon's Hill | Round I | Dim Illumination | Encounter Map: Talon's Hill Lodge >>
 
 
 
 
 
 
With the sound of gunfire and screaming downstairs, Thuldrin Kreed awakens in the small hours before dawn in a startle. Scrambling out of his bed, dark hair matted down to his sweat-slicked brow, he falls on his side on the floor listening to the sounds of shouting through the floorboards. He scrambles up to his knees, fumbles around in the dark and crashes into his desk, yanking a heavy backpack up from the floor and onto the desktop. Feverishly, Thuldrin begins to rifle through the bag, looking for something to leverage to his advantage.

Outside of the lodge, Big Dann holds his ground, watching the lodge anxiously while the expeditionary force begins to move on the building. As Dann waits, some of the other conscripted sentries begin to come out from their tents, sheathed swords held in trembling hands. Dann, on seeing them, holds out a warding hand and shakes his head, suggesting they not do anything just yet. From the huge man's expression, he seems to be holding out hope that he won't have to belatedly join the fight on the side of the ruthless Thuldrin Kreed.

Denek offers a side-long look to Dann, swallowing nervously as he holds his bow with a shaky hand. Going as far as grabbing an arrow from his quiver, Denek seems to be only somewhat more hopeful, but it's clear from his posture that he doesn't want to fight unless he has to.

Inside the lodge, in a dark and lightless space, something stirs awake at the sound of gunfire. In lightless dark, hands and feet scramble and scrape across a cold, stone floor. Chains rattle and clatter as they snake across the stone, and bare hands find purchase on worn, wooden steps. Listening in the dark, the sounds of Payden's panic and frustration is clearly heard nearby.

"Get your guns and kill whoever that is! Get up! Get up!"
 
 
 
 

_____________
INITIATIVE
Thuldrin: ⇒ 23
Big Dann & Villagers: ⇒ 19
Denek: ⇒ 18
????: ⇒ 16
Rasso: ⇒ 16
Fenyx: ⇒ 14
Marcellano: ⇒ 13
Hunters: ⇒ 12
Ar'Zarrcal: ⇒ 12
"Payday": ⇒ 11
Talavuc: ⇒ 10
Ordrud: ⇒ 9
Teladon: ⇒ 9
Tyne: ⇒ 9
Styvanus: ⇒ 6
 
_____________
Thuldrin
Move: Get out of bed
Move: Retrieve object
Big Dann & Villagers
Dann: No Actions Taken
Villagers: Move
Denek
No actions taken
????
Move: Move 15'
Standard: Perception check
 
_____________

Hidden Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Rasso, Fenyx and Marcellano are up

Dark Archive

Male Chelish Human Fighter 1/Gunslinger 2/Guardian 1
Stats:
HP 39/39; AC 19, Flat Footed 17, Touch 12; CMD 19; Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +3

Question, Lucent. What kind of check/action would it be to go through a broken window on the first story? And are there windows in the second story? If so, any on the side where I am?


Sin Mage (Gluttony) 3
Stats:
HP 22/22; AC 11, Flat Footed 10, Touch 11; CMD 11; Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +4; Initiative +1

Fenyx returns a 'thumbs up' to Dann in a hopes to, at the very least, confirm that Denek and Tyne are not lying about the group's intentions. Things seem to be progressing smoothly, and the necromancer smiles to himself beneath the confines of his newly-donned mask.

A musket shot rings out from the opposite side of the lodge. Fenyx is dumbfounded.

The wizard scowls to himself. Overanxious fools! They're going to get us all killed over their insatiable blood lust! Fenyx chokes out what might be a curse as he begins hustling around the tent and towards the landing just before the rope bridge. Hoping none of those inside the lodge see his hasty approach, he skids to a halt and inhales sharply for the rushed performance he is required to attempt. Perhaps it is time for the disappointed father to reveal his rage.

"Thuldrin! You have failed in your only task, and will suffer the consequences of your incompetence! Bring me his head!" Fenyx gestures in the direction of the tents as he does so, the zombie under his control still lurching hungrily towards the doors into the lodge.

_________________________
Fenyx is leaving the zombie with its initial orders: charging the door to break it down, before yelling out orders as "Halak" for all to hear.
Full-Round Action: Double Move to ZZ17 (in front of the bridge).
Fenyx Ending Location: ZZ17

??? Skill Check (Not sure which one to lean on here; Diplomacy? Bluff? Perform? Just dropping a d20 and adjusting accordingly): 1d20 ⇒ 17

  • If Diplomacy: 17 + 8 = 25
  • Any other Charisma-based check: 17 + 2 = 19

    Zombie Move Action: Moving to ZZ11.
    Zombie Ending Location: ZZ11


  • First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
    Stats:
    HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

    Rasso's eyes go wide at the sound of the musket. "What the f.." He begins, not bothering to finish his curse as he springs into action. Finally free of the gods damned deep snow, his crab like legs devour the terrain. As he passes Dann, Dyne and Denek all they see is a blue crustacean streak an oversized waggling lobster tail held up off the ground. In less than a second he's up the front steps of the lodge and leaping at the window in a graceful swan dive, claws held out point first in front of him. "Andoran!" he shouts as the glass shatters around him, slicing into his arms. With a loud thunk he slams down into an interior room, rolling to his feet.
    _______________________________________

    Double move action to G7, taking 1 point of damage from diving through the window.

    THP:1/14 HP:25/28

    Sucks that I'm already so wounded :( I hope Rasso doesn't die.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Fenyx, Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Result reminiscent of...


    As Rasso comes crashing through the window, he finds himself alone in a dimly lit storage room. A small hearth lies unlit in the corner next to him, while tall barrels are stacked in opposite corners. A tall and wide shelf set up against the western wall is laden with strongboxes, satchels, quivers, bags and an assortment of dusty jars and bottles. Atop one of the barrels beside him, Rasso can see a cluster of three small kegs clearly labeled, EXPLOSIVE in red paint. Nearby to them is a powder horn and a leather pouch, stacked atop a wooden box that has a stencil on the front reading, "Flywheel Firearms, Grand Duchy of Alkenstar, est. 4706 AR" and below that in smaller print, "12 Fine Rifle Shells."

    ____________

    If Rasso takes a round to assess the inventory in more detail...:

    Rasso finds the following items stashed for easy access in the storage room:
    > SHELVES
    >> Labeled flasks:
    >>> "Wound Soothe" (3)
    >>> "Mighty Strength" (1)
    >>> "Fortified Wound Soothe" (1)
    >>> "Extreme Temperature Survival" (1)
    >>> "Invisibility"

    > BARRELS
    >> Large, sealed, water-tight barrels (2)
    >> Powder Kegs (3)
    >> Pouch: Bullets, Standard (60)
    >> Ammo Box: Bullet, Metal Cartridge (12)

    > WALL RACKS
    >> Longbow, Composite (+1)
    >> Quiver, Standard Arrows (20)
    >> Snowshoes (6 pair)
    >> Cold Weather Outfit (6)
    >> Skis (6 Pair)
    >> Bear Trap (3)


    Forgot some things in the supply room:

    > ON FLOOR
    >> Masterwork Agile Breastplate (Black lacquered, eagle knight emblems visible) (2)
    >> Gun Belt Bandolier (one pistol holster, empty): 8 Metal Cartridges

    > UP AGAINST WALL
    >> Masterwork Cold Iron Longspear (1)

    751 to 800 of 1,337 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ruins of Pathfinder: Reign of Winter All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.