Ruins of Empire (Inactive)

Game Master EltonJ

Game of Thrones via Pathfinder. This is a birthright campaign using the 1st edition Pathfinder ruleset.
map of Anuire
Player's Domain Tracking Map


This is the discussion thread for two campaigns:

1 to 50 of 293 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Discuss the game here.


Hello,
I am finishing up my character today, but today is more busy then I was expecting. Hoping to have some time this evening.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Kurt Talbehr wrote:

Hello,

I am finishing up my character today, but today is more busy then I was expecting. Hoping to have some time this evening.

Cool. What sort of domain are you looking at to rule?


A Merchant Guild is what I was thinking.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Kurt Talbehr wrote:
A Merchant Guild is what I was thinking.

Okay. So you don't want to rule a realm along with that merchant guild?


The realm I was looking at was Endier

I think I missing the scope of the game, I thought I might be over reaching with a realm. Endier is a Guilder run City Which fits. I might go First Level Rogue.


I will leave Endier to Kurt, I would not mind trying to run an island realm of now united former pirates (What few remain after some unfortunate infighting and the deaths of quite a few captains under mysterious circumstances.) on Caelcorwynn and Albiele Island that has newly pledged its allegiance to the imperial crown and now polices that area... and takes a cut of trade profits for the trouble.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Havocprince wrote:
I will leave Endier to Kurt, I would not mind trying to run an island realm of now united former pirates (What few remain after some unfortunate infighting and the deaths of quite a few captains under mysterious circumstances.) on Caelcorwynn and Albiele Island that has newly pledged its allegiance to the imperial crown and now polices that area... and takes a cut of trade profits for the trouble.

Good ideas, but may I suggest Brosengae as an alternative? Sure you have to contest law holdings, but you get a nice guild network.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Okay, anyone ready to go? I'm itching to get started.


Me too!


I'll take a look at a few realms. Should finalize a character soon. Sorry for the delay.


Sorry, my mother-in-law s in the hospital this weekend, I had no time to post, but I have been thinking about the game. I'll finish my character today.


Kurt is Updated


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Pretty much done except items. Kinda settled on having taken over Roseone.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Lady Adriana Barad wrote:
Pretty much done except items. Kinda settled on having taken over Roseone.

Bards aren't associated with a holding, but we'll work with it. We'll start tomorrow with the domain turn.


Lady Adriana Barad wrote:
Pretty much done except items.

I also need to spend some money, Is there any birthright specific rules for this?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Birthright Equipment shows all the equipment you can purchase. That's much easier than me typing up the equipment table myself, right here. (The Conversion document will address these concerns). As for starting money: there is no change to starting money. However, you are all regents, so you start with 200 gp to spend money with, in addition to what you roll up.


Quick Question.

EltonJ wrote:
As regents of your own realms, you get to start with a magic item. This item cannot be more powerful than a +1 sword. You can have a quality (such as a +1 icingdeath).

I have 2 thoughts on an item.

1) Called Handcrossbow +1
2) Goggles of Night


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Kurt Talbehr wrote:

Quick Question.

EltonJ wrote:
As regents of your own realms, you get to start with a magic item. This item cannot be more powerful than a +1 sword. You can have a quality (such as a +1 icingdeath).

I have 2 thoughts on an item.

1) Called Handcrossbow +1
2) Goggles of Night

Hand crossbows don't exist on Aebyrnis. No culture makes them. Goggles of Night are made by the gnomes of one of the Western Anuirean colonies on Aduria.


starting wealth: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 = 40 +200 = 240


Hmm... Rich Parents replaces starting wealth, I thought it was in addition. If I go for Mithril Shirt I don't have money for clothes.

Are the Goggles acceptable?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Kurt Talbehr wrote:

Hmm... Rich Parents replaces starting wealth, I thought it was in addition. If I go for Mithril Shirt I don't have money for clothes.

Are the Goggles acceptable?

Yes, they are. But you have to explain how you got them in your background. Every regent has rich parents, btw.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

There is something I forgot to mention. Your bodyguards. Since each of you rules at least one province, each of you receives 5+2d6 bodyguards.


Bodyguards: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 6) + 5 = 12

Should I create a NPC sheet for Rogr's lieutenant/daughter?


Bodyguards: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 5) + 5 = 11

I'll work on finding a way to work on a connection to the gnomes of Western Anuirean into my background. I feel they will come in handy in my future.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Aduria actually.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Rogr Aglondier of Ilien wrote:

[dice=Bodyguards]2d6+5

Should I create a NPC sheet for Rogr's lieutenant/daughter?

You can. Just remember, she may be designated as your heir, but once you get the leadership feat you will get a cohort (true wizard, sorcerer, summoner, etc.) that can also be your heir.


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

I would just treat her as a rogue and keep going on the holdings.

3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 5) = 13 330 gold
2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 5) + 5 = 14 bodyguards

Also, Roseone would be an interesting region I think.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Lady Adriana Barad wrote:

I would just treat her as a rogue and keep going on the holdings.

3d6 330 gold
2d6+5 bodyguards

Also, Roseone would be an interesting region I think.

Alright. Are you going to make up your own guild?


Bodyguard Type: 1d100 ⇒ 77

Archers (Breastplate, Crossbow, Short sword)

Starting Funds: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 4, 3) = 19 390gp

If we all have Rich Parents I'll replace that with Mercenary


As I am working out my back Story should I assume that I need to oust Guilder Kalien as part of the story or that he did not exist and I am replacing him?


I could be wrong, but you could also be Guilder Kalien?


Other then the race and alignment I would find that an acceptable option.

Would my holdings include the Heartlands Outfitters holdings? per the player's Secrets "The DM can choose to disallow these if they see to provide too much power to the Endieran regent.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Kurt Talbehr wrote:
As I am working out my back Story should I assume that I need to oust Guilder Kalien as part of the story or that he did not exist and I am replacing him?

Up to you. You could have him poisoned (not likely), or you could have been his lieutenant and he died suddenly and mysteriously (he could have walked into the Spiderfell one day). And all likely hood the land choose you with his birthright.

But it's largely up to you. He could be ousted by a rebellion and the people chose you to be their leader, and have been invested by a cleric regent.

This is all up to you.


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Yes, I wouldn't mind building my own guild that slowly bought up concern after concern, maybe even usurped power through increasing economic pressure as she owned the Kingdom's debts but managed to secure prosperity for the populace as a by product. I'm going for a political/mercantile monster who takes care of her home province because it is her property.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Kurt Talbehr wrote:

Other then the race and alignment I would find that an acceptable option.

Would my holdings include the Heartlands Outfitters holdings? per the player's Secrets "The DM can choose to disallow these if they see to provide too much power to the Endieran regent.

Let me check on that. I don't have the Player's Secret to Endier, so I can't say. It should only be fair as Algondier has his sources, you have your guild.

So let me check on that in my Ruins of Empire book.

EDIT: According to Ruins of Empire, Heartlands Outfitters is actually a recommended Guild. Although you have to be as crafty as Guilder Kalien in order to keep it for long.


EltonJ wrote:
We'll start tomorrow with the domain turn.

While waiting for other players, should we attempt a first non-adventuring domain turn?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Yes, we should. Adventure is a character domain action which you will gain a level, but the adventure must needs be short.
:)


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

So, we all rolled 1d10 for initiative, but the page Ilien link says 1d20+bloodline... also, if I am reading this correctly, the previous regent had a law holding of 9. Am I considered to have replaced that with a guild of 9, or am I going to have to battle it out turn by turn to eke out a guild holding?


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Also, reason I haven't posted any regency gains is I don't think I can even gain any regency whatsoever with the way this is currently set up.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Lady Adriana Barad wrote:
So, we all rolled 1d10 for initiative, but the page Ilien link says 1d20+bloodline... also, if I am reading this correctly, the previous regent had a law holding of 9. Am I considered to have replaced that with a guild of 9, or am I going to have to battle it out turn by turn to eke out a guild holding?

You have to battle it out. Contest the holdings here so that you can build your own monopoly. Competition will be fierce.

Quote:
Also, reason I haven't posted any regency gains is I don't think I can even gain any regency whatsoever with the way this is currently set up.

Bards have it tough as regents. Bards get 1/2 regency from guild holdings, and you still get full regency from your province holdings.


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Except I can't get a regency score above a 5 because warcraft is cross class.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Lady Adriana Barad wrote:
Except I can't get a regency score above a 5 because warcraft is cross class.

I better change the rules then. Okay, they made it so province collection is dependent on Diplomacy + Warcraft. Lets change that to Diplomacy + Lead from now on.

Okay everyone, province regency collection is either Diplomacy + Warcraft, or Diplomacy + Lead. Which ever is better. Does this make it satisfactory for everyone?


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Actually, I forgot crossclass could get 2 ranks at 1st in 3.5... so if we consider that crossclass counts as two I could get a 6 and gain 20%. I think maybe that was to handicap non-warrior classes.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Lady Adriana Barad wrote:
Actually, I forgot crossclass could get 2 ranks at 1st in 3.5... so if we consider that crossclass counts as two I could get a 6 and gain 20%. I think maybe that was to handicap non-warrior classes.

Well, the 3.5 rules were balanced. The 2e rules were nicely balanced actually. Everyone could collect regency in 2e from their provinces they ruled. The BR 3.5 team changed it so that skills are taken into account.

Being a bard regent is tough, and frustrating on the player if we go by the 3.5 rules as written. Fortunately this is Pathfinder, so I can make a house rule.


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Wait, are we starting with the treasury and reserve of our given kingdoms?


Same question... I hope so. If not, Ilien's financial future is far from certain!


Are things moving along in PM?


I keep getting sidetracked from writing a party invite. The couple starts I made I did not like. My wife just had a baby. So I am working when I get moments

1 to 50 of 293 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Ruins of Empire Discussion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.