RoW: Let's Thaw the Frozen Stars! (Inactive)

Game Master Daxter

Loot Tracking Sheet
Yagas Hut
Hall of Thrones!


4,601 to 4,650 of 6,780 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>

RoW Combat map

Preparations made, the group returns to the cauldron in the entry room. Conveniently, simple magical commands have been in scribed on the rim which conjure water and warm it, although it still takes time to come to a proper boil.

It is a simple enough task to enact the ritual now that the means are known; it feels more like cooking then magic. The ingredients, however, make for the strangest goulash imaginable: a dash of paprika, some pepper, one frost giant's beard for substance and a plague doctor's mask floating on top. The mask dissolves into a bubbly foam as it floats upon the liquid.

As fumes waft from the cauldron, strange things begin to happen. Wherever they touch the walls, they seem to sizzle and boil, and the barriers evaporate into a cloud of particles. Beyond the cloud is a partially glimpsed patchwork of vistas: treescapes, mountains soaring into the air, stars and seas. None look like they are from quite the same place - trees and shrubs wildly varying - but they all seem to be snow or ice bound.

Time seems to stand still for a moment, but the stillness is broken by three ravens bursting out of the cloud. They caw loudly and circle the group three times before scattering back into the mists. They eye the heroes closely as they circle. A short time later the cloud begins to settle again, whirling and clumping until they form back into the shape of walls and furniture, doors and floorboards.

The sturdy black cauldron now sits in the middle of a rustic room with timber floors, log walls, and a high ceiling framed by long beams cut from whole trunks. A grand cobblestone hearth fills one corner, its dying embers feeding the room with a dull red glow. Various barrels, farm tools, crates, and other miscellaneous items clutter the remainder of the space. In the corner opposite the fireplace, a rickety wooden staircase climbs to a small wooden landing. A shallow alcove off the landing holds two thick oaken doors.


M Human Ranger (Guide) 11/ Horizon Walker 6 | HP 157 | AC 30/16/26 AC 28 | T 16 | FF 24 | CMD 40 (42 vs trip) | Fort +14 | Ref +13 | Will +10 | Init +3 (+lots of favored terrain bonuses) | Perc +24 (+lots of favored terrain bonuses)
Cold resistances:
Cold Resistance (20); treat cold climates as one step less severe

I was still laboring under the misapprehension that we needed the egg to go anywhere - this is a better way to travel! Cool description of the process, Rango.

Kalt watches in wonder as the room they're in seems to dissolve piecemeal into the steam and mist. He starts when the ravens appear, but restrains himself from slipping his bow off his shoulder to take them down. When the mists clear, he shakes his head in amazement that they seem to be in entirely different room without having taken a step.

"Everyone okay?" he asks the group, his gaze resting longer on Shanya as he raises an eyebrow at her. That was quite a ride... he seems to be saying.

"Well, Bjornson, shall we see what's up those stairs? I'll go first, in case they decide they can't bear your weight."

He moves lightly up the stairs, eyes and ears alert.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24


RoW Combat map

The egg is for direct control of the hut (move, attacak). Time-space hopping is via the cauldron.

The stairs or doors seem to hold no particular peril. Kalt does notice the most delicate of vibrations shaking through the hut floor, but it passes quickly.


Ammo: 36/40|Inspiration: 8/8|Hero Points: 2|Female (Ulfen) Changeling Investigator 17|HP: 112/112|AC: 20/13/17|Saves: +9 Fort, +22 Ref, +20 Will (All +1 vs. evil arcane stuff, +6 vs. Poison)|Init: +7|Perc: +21|Spell Resistance: 23

The entire time the ritual was being performed, Shanya was filling the party in on the Hut's fey guest. She has no idea what this 'Russia' is or where it is on Golarion.

"I suppose it's a newly-formed country or some such..."

Shanya observes the ritual quietly, with one hand on the hilt of her rapier as the ravens circle them. By the time the ritual is completed, she meets Kalt's gaze and nods. She's blushing slightly, but her stoic demeanour doesn't change.

"I feel alright so far... now, I think it's time to see where we've arrived." She follows Kalt up, ready for trouble.

Perception?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


M Human Ranger (Guide) 11/ Horizon Walker 6 | HP 157 | AC 30/16/26 AC 28 | T 16 | FF 24 | CMD 40 (42 vs trip) | Fort +14 | Ref +13 | Will +10 | Init +3 (+lots of favored terrain bonuses) | Perc +24 (+lots of favored terrain bonuses)
Cold resistances:
Cold Resistance (20); treat cold climates as one step less severe

At the top of the stairs, Kalt listens and looks closely at the first of the doors, then opens it.

Open whichever door, since we don't have a map.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33


RoW Combat map

Only one set of doors out of the first room. I'll work on the map.

As Kalt opens the door, he finds himself looking at a long corridor stretches out to both sides, the aged plank floors seeming to continue forever. Solid logs form the passage walls, intricately carved with knotted designs and images of lances, and centaurs, ravens, and female figures. Pale-winged moths and tiny fireflies flutter through the hallway, their flickering glows filling the corridor with dim light.

However, Kalt's and Shanya's keen eyes notice something amiss with the far wall. It seems to flicker ever so slightly - an illusion! Behind the illusion, as the pair ascertain after a minute of reflection, is another adorned piece of wood, but this one some manner of door without handle or hinges.


Ammo: 36/40|Inspiration: 8/8|Hero Points: 2|Female (Ulfen) Changeling Investigator 17|HP: 112/112|AC: 20/13/17|Saves: +9 Fort, +22 Ref, +20 Will (All +1 vs. evil arcane stuff, +6 vs. Poison)|Init: +7|Perc: +21|Spell Resistance: 23

Shanya blinks several times. "Oh my... I certainly didn't expect this to happen."

She pokes and prods at the wall across from them with her rapier, trying to figure out a way to open it. She wasn't going to touch it with her hands--Desna only knew what would happen if you stick your fingers where they don't belong in a legendary witch's abode.


male Human Cleric of Sarenrae 3/Universalist 3/Mystic Thuerge 2 |
stats:
Hp:26/43|0non-lethal| melee+6/ranged+6 | F+5(+10vs cold weather effects due to gear)/R+5/W+9 | Init+2 | perception+9 | AC:18/T:12/Ff:16, Spell fail:10%

"That was....Amazing! And weird, I liked it..."
Coming back to his senses he notices Kalt and Shanya zipping up the3 stairs...
" Wait! We should all stick together...."
He trails off as he loses his wind running up the stairs to catch them.
"hugh. c-come on! We n-need to stay together, no telling what may happen here!"


RoW Combat map

The door seems quite solid, despite Shanya's prodding, and safe. It is merely the mechanism that holds it in place that defies explanation; it almost seems held in place by magic.

arcana 23:
You imagine the effect is a variation on an arcane lock - it can be bypassed by someone clever with their hands, or dispelled (although if cast by Baba Yaga the necessary dispel check would be formidable)

Both ends of the hallway seem to curve around at their ends, their walls gradually disappearing from view rather then forming hard corners.


Male Ulfen Brawlerdin 17 (hp 219/238) | F +29* R +19 W +24 | AC 37 T 18 FF 34 CMD 44*
Resources:
Hero Points 2/3 | Smite 3/3 | Stunning Fist 10/10 | LoH 15/15 | Stance 12/12

"Russia? Perhaps it's in the Worldwound somewhere. I hear the cities there have strange names", Sven answers Shanya's description of hut's unseen keeper.

Based on how tightly he clutches the handle of his axe, the chaotic wheeling magical transport leaves the big ulfen a bit unnerved but once things settle he's all grins again. Chuckling at Kalt's quip, he follows after the ranger - once he's determined that the stairs down are truly sound. Unlike Shanya and Ankih he's less astonished by the colorful artwork and more suspicious.

"Is this Iobaria?" he asks softly Kalt leads the way.


RoW Combat map

Geography 15 regarding the carvings:
Although you aren't sure about the women or ravens carved into the walls, Iobaria is noted for its large centaur population.

Left, right, or try the door? Choo-choo!


Ammo: 36/40|Inspiration: 8/8|Hero Points: 2|Female (Ulfen) Changeling Investigator 17|HP: 112/112|AC: 20/13/17|Saves: +9 Fort, +22 Ref, +20 Will (All +1 vs. evil arcane stuff, +6 vs. Poison)|Init: +7|Perc: +21|Spell Resistance: 23

Knowledge (Geography) *Inspiration!*: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 7 + (6) = 29

Shanya scratches her head, her scraggly locks becoming somewhat tangled around her claws. "Hmm... judging from the artwork here, I think we are indeed in Iobaria. It's known for having a large population of centaurs." She produces her lockpicks and takes a closer look at the secret door before them.

Knowledge (Arcana) *Inspiration!*: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 8 + (3) = 29

"And it appears that the door before us is locked with magic, probably by Baba Yaga." She smirks. "Let me see if I can get this open..."

She gets to work on the door.

Taking 20 to open the door with Disable Device. 20 + 13 = 33. Adding Inspiration: 1d6 ⇒ 2 for a total of 35.


Female Human (Taldan) Druid (Arctic Druid) 16/ranger 1 || HP 93/139|| AC 22/Tch 15/FF 22|| F+21 R +12 W +19 (+2 vs. ice or fire from an elemental creature effects) || CMB +15 CMD 26 || Init +0 || Perc +24 (+32 in cold terrain) || Resist 2 cold, 2 negative levels

Know (geography): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


M Human Ranger (Guide) 11/ Horizon Walker 6 | HP 157 | AC 30/16/26 AC 28 | T 16 | FF 24 | CMD 40 (42 vs trip) | Fort +14 | Ref +13 | Will +10 | Init +3 (+lots of favored terrain bonuses) | Perc +24 (+lots of favored terrain bonuses)
Cold resistances:
Cold Resistance (20); treat cold climates as one step less severe

Knowledge (geography): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

”Iobaria? Has a lot of centaurs? Really?” says Kalt, accustomed to knowing more about the places of the world than he knows of this one. ”We’ve come all the way to Casmaron?”

He steps out of Shanya’s way and lets her work on the door, holding her tools as she works and handing her what she needs.


F Human Oracle 17 [ HP 191/207 (0 NL) | AC 32 Tch 16 FF 31 | Fort +15* Ref +12* Will +18* | CMD 29 | Init +2 | Perc +20 | Hero Points: 0/3 | Effects: none ]

"Strange..." murmurs Lana, glancing around as if trying to remember something. "But why? Is this where the witch is hiding— or imprisoned? And if not... why bring us here?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Combat map

Shanya skillfully cuts gaps in the magic tracery of runes festooning the door; as the final mystical connection is severed the door slides open.

Once again, the party finds themselves in a spacious room resembling the interior of a wooden cottage. Two sets of stairs ascend from this level to a balcony, atop which rests a table; everything seems to be made of some manner of fresh pine. Beyond that balcony, another set of stairs rise to a small alcove and a door. Through the small window of the door streams the sunlight of the outside world.

Upon the balcony sits a formidable looking Kellid human, a battleaxe in his right and kite shield strapped to his forearm. He is clad in thick mail coat. As the door slides open he whirls about and issues an exclamation followed by what sounds to be a harsh sounding invective. The well-muscled man quickly repeats his warnings in a hissing tongue.

history DC 30:
This is the long dead warlord Ratibor the Bold. Almost 200 years ago, Ratibor the Bold stood among the most powerful barbarian warlords of central Iobaria. During this time, the lands from Okor’s Basin west to Fangard were a massive, bloody battleground for would be emperors. Ratibor commanded a vast army and held control over an expansive territory that stretched along the western border of Fangard from the Ardshrod River to the Syrzemyan highlands. His power and position placed him among the foremost contenders to take the throne of the remnants of New Iobaria. He is rumored, however, to have made a deal with Baba Yaga which he reneged upon, after which he disappeared

linguistics DC 20 or Iobarian:
You can make out a few snippets of word; his surprise is obvious, and he seems to be warning you to leave this place.

Draconic:
I know not how you came from inside this hut strangers, but you will leave now. I am bound by the crone to slay those who walk these halls without her. Leave and do not return or I will kill you.

The man gestures towards the front door with his axe, indicating clearly his desire for the groups departure.


F Human Oracle 17 [ HP 191/207 (0 NL) | AC 32 Tch 16 FF 31 | Fort +15* Ref +12* Will +18* | CMD 29 | Init +2 | Perc +20 | Hero Points: 0/3 | Effects: none ]

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Linguistics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Lana frowns and closes her eyes, letting the sounds wash over her as she reaches out with her mind toward the stranger.

See discussion post. :)


RoW Combat map

Lana:

You can make out some of the words, enough to get the general gist. It is most assuredly a threat.
"Strangers... from inside... ...you will leave.
"bound by... to slay those... without her. Leave ...or I will kill you.


male Human Cleric of Sarenrae 3/Universalist 3/Mystic Thuerge 2 |
stats:
Hp:26/43|0non-lethal| melee+6/ranged+6 | F+5(+10vs cold weather effects due to gear)/R+5/W+9 | Init+2 | perception+9 | AC:18/T:12/Ff:16, Spell fail:10%

Having vague knowledge of the location of Katapesh , and possibly Irrisen, Ankih is at a loss as the talk turns to Iobaria.

" He seems to want us to leave. To where I am not sure. What's the plan? Did we free the hut or just travel through it?"


F Human Oracle 17 [ HP 191/207 (0 NL) | AC 32 Tch 16 FF 31 | Fort +15* Ref +12* Will +18* | CMD 29 | Init +2 | Perc +20 | Hero Points: 0/3 | Effects: none ]

The northwoman's eyes open suddenly as she recognizes words here and there. Without really knowing what she's doing, she grasps at the fleeting memories of this tongue and tries to form a reply. "Wait! We... mean no harm. Who is it that you serve?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23


RoW Combat map

The brawny man lowers his axe, but does not drop it. Realizing the words are a bit like those of Giant, Lana is able to make out a few more words:

Iobarian:
"Old crone... Baba Yaga. I made a deal, and she betrayed me, bound me... this is... ...punishment. I want... freedom, but... bound to attack outsiders."

The man, although still menacing, relaxes his posture and suddenly looks very tired, as if a great weight lay upon his shoulders.


F Human Oracle 17 [ HP 191/207 (0 NL) | AC 32 Tch 16 FF 31 | Fort +15* Ref +12* Will +18* | CMD 29 | Init +2 | Perc +20 | Hero Points: 0/3 | Effects: none ]

Lana frowns, feeling as well as seeing the great strain the man is under. In words that she herself isn't fully aware of knowing, she replies...

Iobarian:
"What if we can convince you that we aren't outsiders? How can you be freed?"


Male Ulfen Brawlerdin 17 (hp 219/238) | F +29* R +19 W +24 | AC 37 T 18 FF 34 CMD 44*
Resources:
Hero Points 2/3 | Smite 3/3 | Stunning Fist 10/10 | LoH 15/15 | Stance 12/12

The warrior’s tongue was lost on him but his intent was not. Sven holds his weapon at the ready but makes no move to strike the first blow. He looks to his companions for a cue.


M Human Ranger (Guide) 11/ Horizon Walker 6 | HP 157 | AC 30/16/26 AC 28 | T 16 | FF 24 | CMD 40 (42 vs trip) | Fort +14 | Ref +13 | Will +10 | Init +3 (+lots of favored terrain bonuses) | Perc +24 (+lots of favored terrain bonuses)
Cold resistances:
Cold Resistance (20); treat cold climates as one step less severe

Kalt is relieved to see the dangerous-looking man lower his axe, but is still puzzled by the situation. "What's going on, Lana?" he asks quietly.


RoW Combat map

As Lana speaks her words, the man gets a look of hope in his blue eyes. He starts speaking quickly in the low Iobarian tongue.

Lana:
"Freedom? By Kostchtchie - how do you and your allies serve the Old crone, tell me now and the magic which binds me to attack will be suppressed.

The witch bound me with a book - a cookbook of spells it was, but it looked like a woman's cookbook. If you could find it, perhaps you could work the witchery to free me. It was in her dungeon, Artrosa - "the place where three watch" Northeast of here, it was, beyond the forest and up the canyon.


F Human Oracle 17 [ HP 191/207 (0 NL) | AC 32 Tch 16 FF 31 | Fort +15* Ref +12* Will +18* | CMD 29 | Init +2 | Perc +20 | Hero Points: 0/3 | Effects: none ]

Lana starts at Kalt's address, as if she'd forgotten his presence. "What? Oh. He... I... I know his meaning, sometimes... some of it, anyway. It grows more clear, the longer I listen. He's bound here... bound to attack us. Wait, he's speaking again."

Closing her eyes once more to better concentrate on the man's words, she nods slowly and begins speaking the strange tongue again.

Iobarian:
"We... we are bound by the fallen Riders, to return her to the world." She pauses. "Three watch? What three?" she asks, uncertain whether she's understood correctly.


M Human Ranger (Guide) 11/ Horizon Walker 6 | HP 157 | AC 30/16/26 AC 28 | T 16 | FF 24 | CMD 40 (42 vs trip) | Fort +14 | Ref +13 | Will +10 | Init +3 (+lots of favored terrain bonuses) | Perc +24 (+lots of favored terrain bonuses)
Cold resistances:
Cold Resistance (20); treat cold climates as one step less severe

Hearing the man is bound to attack them, Kalt gives Sven a quick look and a nod, gripping the hilt of his sword tightly and rocking up on the balls of his feet, ready to strike...


RoW Combat map

The man seems to relax his posture entirely with Lana's words.

Iobarian:
If you serve the crone, then you may pass.

He looks confused for a moment as he attempts to parse Lana's latest question.

Iobarian:
That is what it is called; three statues, each with rooms inside. They look like an old woman, a young woman, and one with child.

For those of you who don't speak Iobarian

Sense Motive DC 15:
At this point, whatever Lana has said to the man had calmed him, his body language is now relaxed and he seems ill inclined to fight


Ammo: 36/40|Inspiration: 8/8|Hero Points: 2|Female (Ulfen) Changeling Investigator 17|HP: 112/112|AC: 20/13/17|Saves: +9 Fort, +22 Ref, +20 Will (All +1 vs. evil arcane stuff, +6 vs. Poison)|Init: +7|Perc: +21|Spell Resistance: 23

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Shanya is at a loss for words as Lana communicates with the warrior.

Dammit, of ALL the times I don't understand what they're saying...

"Well, at least he's not going to try to kill us now..."


F Human Oracle 17 [ HP 191/207 (0 NL) | AC 32 Tch 16 FF 31 | Fort +15* Ref +12* Will +18* | CMD 29 | Init +2 | Perc +20 | Hero Points: 0/3 | Effects: none ]

Lana lets out a long breath, her relaxation closely mirroring the stranger's. "We need to go northeast... to a dungeon there. It's called... Three Seers? There's a... spell cookbook there."

She turns to the man one last time.

Iobarian:
"What is your name?"


RoW Combat map

Iobarian:
They used to call me Ratibor the Bold. I am bold no longer; I am simply Ratibor now.

With that the Iobarian steps aside, and does not further block the parties passage.

The room holds little else of note beyond mundane supplies; there is only the door out of the hut and the passages behind.


RoW Combat map

K(Geography) DC 20:
Three seers probably refers to "Artrosa" - three statues carved into the Deeprun Crevasse, which is in the Dvezda marches in northeastern Iobria.

One statue is in the shape of a maiden, one a mother, one a crone; their race is somewhat vague. They are reputed to be a mile high, which is of course nonsense. Nevertheless, they are at least as impressive as the monuments of distant Magnimar.

This revelation would likely place your current whereabouts in the Hoofwood, a taiga frequented by centaurs.


F Human Oracle 17 [ HP 191/207 (0 NL) | AC 32 Tch 16 FF 31 | Fort +15* Ref +12* Will +18* | CMD 29 | Init +2 | Perc +20 | Hero Points: 0/3 | Effects: none ]

Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Nope.


M Human Ranger (Guide) 11/ Horizon Walker 6 | HP 157 | AC 30/16/26 AC 28 | T 16 | FF 24 | CMD 40 (42 vs trip) | Fort +14 | Ref +13 | Will +10 | Init +3 (+lots of favored terrain bonuses) | Perc +24 (+lots of favored terrain bonuses)
Cold resistances:
Cold Resistance (20); treat cold climates as one step less severe

Knowledge (geography) : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Kalt relaxes when he sees the tension leave the guardian, glad to have avoided this fight.

"What did he say, Lana? Did he give you any idea where we are? " Kalt asks.

Once she answers, Kalt realizes he has heard of this place, and tells his friends what he knows. Please read spoiler above.


Ammo: 36/40|Inspiration: 8/8|Hero Points: 2|Female (Ulfen) Changeling Investigator 17|HP: 112/112|AC: 20/13/17|Saves: +9 Fort, +22 Ref, +20 Will (All +1 vs. evil arcane stuff, +6 vs. Poison)|Init: +7|Perc: +21|Spell Resistance: 23

Shanya listens to Kalt's explanation while trying to remember what she's read of centaurs.

Knowledge (Nature) *Inspiration!*: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 8 + (2) = 17


M Human Ranger (Guide) 11/ Horizon Walker 6 | HP 157 | AC 30/16/26 AC 28 | T 16 | FF 24 | CMD 40 (42 vs trip) | Fort +14 | Ref +13 | Will +10 | Init +3 (+lots of favored terrain bonuses) | Perc +24 (+lots of favored terrain bonuses)
Cold resistances:
Cold Resistance (20); treat cold climates as one step less severe

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Kalt sees a considering look come into Shanya's eyes as he tells what he knows of Artrosa, and particularly of the Hoofwood and its denizens. "Thinking about the centaurs, are you?" he asks, as if he's read her nimble mind. "Me too. I don't think I've ever met one in the flesh, but I've heard a lot about them."


Ammo: 36/40|Inspiration: 8/8|Hero Points: 2|Female (Ulfen) Changeling Investigator 17|HP: 112/112|AC: 20/13/17|Saves: +9 Fort, +22 Ref, +20 Will (All +1 vs. evil arcane stuff, +6 vs. Poison)|Init: +7|Perc: +21|Spell Resistance: 23

"I just hope we won't have to come to blows with them." Shanya nods. "I haven't had any experience with them--I'm afraid all my knowledge comes from what I've read..."


Female Human (Taldan) Druid (Arctic Druid) 16/ranger 1 || HP 93/139|| AC 22/Tch 15/FF 22|| F+21 R +12 W +19 (+2 vs. ice or fire from an elemental creature effects) || CMB +15 CMD 26 || Init +0 || Perc +24 (+32 in cold terrain) || Resist 2 cold, 2 negative levels

K (geography): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
K (nature): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

Avora thinks for a moment, trying to recall what she knows of centaurs. Doh! "I think they sacrifice human children to their dark gods?"


RoW Combat map

Avora lacks extensive experience with centuars, but knows them to be nomadic, quite fond of shamanistic and druidic practices. They are fleet of foot and see in the dark.

The Iobarian looks curiously at Lana.

Iobarian:
What did the ravens tell you when you visited them?


M Human Ranger (Guide) 11/ Horizon Walker 6 | HP 157 | AC 30/16/26 AC 28 | T 16 | FF 24 | CMD 40 (42 vs trip) | Fort +14 | Ref +13 | Will +10 | Init +3 (+lots of favored terrain bonuses) | Perc +24 (+lots of favored terrain bonuses)
Cold resistances:
Cold Resistance (20); treat cold climates as one step less severe

And what does Kalt, who rolled a 23, know of the quadrupedanoids?


RoW Combat map

Ah, my eyes just skimmed right over that roll

Kalt knows that the centaurs organize along clan structures, and have three major "breeds" - the Azorva of the western mountains (rather far from here), the populous Rashalka of the plains and forests of central Iobaria, and the hirsute Tsolniva of the eastern ice steppes (which are closer). The Rashalka are the most accepting of outsiders, but even then they are a private race wary of outsiders. The Tsolniva are the most hostile, raiding everyone (including other centaurs) so they can supplement the meager foodstuff found in the Ice Steppes.


F Human Oracle 17 [ HP 191/207 (0 NL) | AC 32 Tch 16 FF 31 | Fort +15* Ref +12* Will +18* | CMD 29 | Init +2 | Perc +20 | Hero Points: 0/3 | Effects: none ]

Lana blinks a few times, still not sure she's understanding correctly.

Iobarian:
"The ravens? What ravens?"


male Human Cleric of Sarenrae 3/Universalist 3/Mystic Thuerge 2 |
stats:
Hp:26/43|0non-lethal| melee+6/ranged+6 | F+5(+10vs cold weather effects due to gear)/R+5/W+9 | Init+2 | perception+9 | AC:18/T:12/Ff:16, Spell fail:10%

Not having much knowledge of geography, nor speaking the languages, Ankih remains quite at the back of the group, waiting to figure out their next move.
Centaurs...Horse men? Might be interesting, never have I met any of those. Don't sound too friendly though.


RoW Combat map

The man points back in the direction from which the party came. [b]Nik Kawacii[/i] he repeats the Iobarian word for "Three Ravens" again.

Iobarian:
Three seers; mouthpieces of the cursed crone

Lana: you have seen ravens both during the huts jaunt from Irrisen to here; you have also seen ravens as a motif in the walls.

As Ankih looks around he notices one of the bluish, mystical marks poking out from behind a pile of crates. Just for a moment, he can swear that he see's an eye staring out from within the center of the mark on the wall - but it quickly vanishes as he turns his gaze to it.

Greta pads up behind Ankih a scratches her ear, clearly as restless as the other warriors.


F Human Oracle 17 [ HP 191/207 (0 NL) | AC 32 Tch 16 FF 31 | Fort +15* Ref +12* Will +18* | CMD 29 | Init +2 | Perc +20 | Hero Points: 0/3 | Effects: none ]

Lana shakes her head in befuddlement.

Iobarian:
"They did not speak to us... how could they tell me anything?"


RoW Combat map

Ratibor shrugs.

Iobarian:
"Perhaps you should see them before you leave. The witch tells them things; they know things about her, and about Artrosa."


F Human Oracle 17 [ HP 191/207 (0 NL) | AC 32 Tch 16 FF 31 | Fort +15* Ref +12* Will +18* | CMD 29 | Init +2 | Perc +20 | Hero Points: 0/3 | Effects: none ]

Iobarian:
"Um... where could we find them? I assume the ones in the walls don't talk..."


RoW Combat map

Ratibor points to the halls from which the group came, he then points left and right.

Iobarian:
"Walk! It is like a circle... well, except it loops back and turns, but it is a circle still. There are three rooms along the way."


M Human Ranger (Guide) 11/ Horizon Walker 6 | HP 157 | AC 30/16/26 AC 28 | T 16 | FF 24 | CMD 40 (42 vs trip) | Fort +14 | Ref +13 | Will +10 | Init +3 (+lots of favored terrain bonuses) | Perc +24 (+lots of favored terrain bonuses)
Cold resistances:
Cold Resistance (20); treat cold climates as one step less severe

Kalt is glad he knows some useful information about the society of centaurs, but looks around restlessly, wishing he understood a word of what was being said.


F Human Oracle 17 [ HP 191/207 (0 NL) | AC 32 Tch 16 FF 31 | Fort +15* Ref +12* Will +18* | CMD 29 | Init +2 | Perc +20 | Hero Points: 0/3 | Effects: none ]

"He says we should talk to the ravens," says Lana hesitantly, as if sensing Kalt's unspoken wish. "If we walk along this corridor, it'll return back here, after we pass three rooms... and perhaps speak to some ravens?"

"He seems to think they will aid us in our quest to Artrosa," she adds.

4,601 to 4,650 of 6,780 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Snows of Summer All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.