Rise of the Runelords with a Twist

Game Master Shadow Bloodmoon

Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition with some Variant Rules in Play

Maps, etc.


1,601 to 1,650 of 1,689 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Female Catfolk Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 3 [ HP 24/34 | AC 20 / 14FF / 15T | Fort +4 Ref +7 Wil +1 | Init +4(+6) | Perception +7 | Panache 7/7 | Charmed Life 3/3 ]

Milah ignores Shalelu's question as she climbs the remainder of the rope and rounds the corner of the fort.

Full-round action: Continue fleeing, as indicated on map


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Thanks for saving me the trouble of posting the on fire rules Drek!
EllynBot Sword: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 3, 3) + 6 = 181d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
EllynBot Defense: 3d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 6, 1) + 8 = 20

Shalelu watches as Milah runs past her, not stopping for anything. She then turns to rush after the cat woman, arrow nocked in her bow. She doesn't aim it at Milah when she cautiously turns the corner, but it appears she is ready for anything. Milah realizes where she is, standing in front of the goblin fort. The light breeze brings the salty air to her nostrils, almost washing away any worries on her mind. Milah is free from Panic

The fight in the tunnels continues as one of the dog things starts to slow its attacks, the fire consuming it almost completely. It drops to the ground and attempts to put itself out, rolling around in front of Ellyn, who takes full advantage and stabs at it with her blade. It lets out a final whimper as the flames die down around it, but not before one of those flames jumps to its companion by the direction of Drek'thar's natural influence. While it singes the beast, it barely notices because it is currently trying to not be killed by Sileven, whose resolve has returned and he is pressing the fight into the beast's lair. Sileven is no longer Shaken.

Everyone is up!

Round 4:

Drek'Thar 23
Creatures 17 (8 damage, flying)
Shalelu 14
Milah 14 (10 damage, Sustaining Vitality) <-- Here
Sileven 14 (4 damage, Sustaining Vitality)
Ellyn 11


M Elf Fighter 3

Giving the remaining dog-thingie the attention it wanted to give him, Sileven tries to end this fight.

Full Attack
Thornblade: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4, 4) + 4 = 17
Piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Leafblade: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4, 3) + 4 = 15
Piercing: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Preemptive Defense Roll w/ Two-Weapon Defense, Sustaining Vitality: 3d6 + 7 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4, 6) + 7 + 1 + 4 = 24

27 HP after both damage and temporary HP assigned.


Female Catfolk Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 3 [ HP 24/34 | AC 20 / 14FF / 15T | Fort +4 Ref +7 Wil +1 | Init +4(+6) | Perception +7 | Panache 7/7 | Charmed Life 3/3 ]

Milah gasps as she realizes where she is. She races back to the ledge, breathless, explaining to Shalelu on the way, "Two flying demon-dogs, below...they howled and I ran...have to get back."

Full-round action: Un-flee - round 1 of 3


NG Half-Orc Incanter 2 / Druid 1 | Status:
Stats:
AC 17 (T 17, FF 14) | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Speed 30ft | F +7, R +5, W +11 | Perc +6, SM +4
HP 21/21 | Spell Points 0/10

Drek keeps the tiny flame burning, trying to find a way to engulf the other dog.

Create Fire: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Ref throw to catch on fire: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 6, 4) + 5 = 21
Potential on fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Savage Rifts RotRwT

EllynBot Shortsword: 3d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 6, 4) + 8 = 201d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Shalelu nods and follows Milah to the cliff. "It's quiet up here, I'll come down and help you."

Drek'thar catches a hold of the diminishing flame spirit just in time to keep it from slipping away. Suddenly the creature flares up into flames as Sileven and Ellyn lay into it as well. It howls in pain as at viciously tries to fight back, but to no avail.

Round 5:

Drek'Thar 23
Creatures 17 (23 damage, flying)
Shalelu 14
Milah 14 (10 damage, Sustaining Vitality) <-- Here
Sileven 14 (4 damage, Sustaining Vitality)
Ellyn 11


Female Catfolk Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 3 [ HP 24/34 | AC 20 / 14FF / 15T | Fort +4 Ref +7 Wil +1 | Init +4(+6) | Perception +7 | Panache 7/7 | Charmed Life 3/3 ]

Milah nods to Shalelu, but doesn't slow down - she quickly grabs the rope and almost seems to fly down it.

Climb (ACP, DC 5): 3d6 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) + 7 - 1 = 17
Climb (ACP, DC 5): 3d6 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (6, 3, 4) + 7 - 1 = 19


M Elf Fighter 3

Wash, rinse, repeat

Full Attack
Thornblade: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5, 6) + 4 = 20
Piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Leafblade: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3, 1) + 4 = 13
Piercing: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Preemptive Defense Roll w/ Two-Weapon Defense, Sustaining Vitality: 3d6 + 7 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1, 3) + 7 + 1 + 4 = 20

27 HP after both damage and temporary HP assigned.

Thornblade Threat: 3d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 5, 1) + 4 + 2 = 15

Piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 For potentially 10


NG Half-Orc Incanter 2 / Druid 1 | Status:
Stats:
AC 17 (T 17, FF 14) | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Speed 30ft | F +7, R +5, W +11 | Perc +6, SM +4
HP 21/21 | Spell Points 0/10

Drek keeps invoking fire spirits in the hopes of finishing the canine assailant quick.

Create Fire: 1d3 ⇒ 2

On Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The beast dies in a final wail of flame and blade, collapsing on the ground before both of them dissolve into the floor and out of existence. Milah and Shalelu return to the fight to find that it has ended for now. Shalelu looks at each of you and shakes her head. "I don't know what you've gotten yourselves into here, but it seems like more than goblins are the trouble." She pauses for a moment, thinking. "I noticed there are still a few more upstairs, but I don't think they want to take you head on. Watch your backs. I'll head topside and make sure they don't get across the bridge."


Female Catfolk Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 3 [ HP 24/34 | AC 20 / 14FF / 15T | Fort +4 Ref +7 Wil +1 | Init +4(+6) | Perception +7 | Panache 7/7 | Charmed Life 3/3 ]

Milah looks sheepishly at the others. "Sorry, all. Dogs. You know how it is..."

To Shalelu, she says, "Be on the lookout for a human, as well - Orik Vancaskerkin. He's a mercenary that surrendered to us. That's his gear, there." She points to the sword and armor being carried around. "He is likely waiting by the gate...or is, if he knows what's good for him."


NG Half-Orc Incanter 2 / Druid 1 | Status:
Stats:
AC 17 (T 17, FF 14) | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Speed 30ft | F +7, R +5, W +11 | Perc +6, SM +4
HP 21/21 | Spell Points 0/10

Seeing the wounds his companions present all over their bodies, Drek feels guilty. "I'm sorry, folks, but I won't be able to heal you until after we rest."


M Elf Fighter 3

"Don't be. We're in as good a shape as we are right now thanks to you."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Shalelu nods. "I understand. I'll try not to kill him if I see him." A rare wry smile appears on her face before she turns to leave you.

Ellyn watches Shalelu for a long while as she goes. "Let's get this Nualia woman. After this, I think I'm going to go back to bringing low life bandits to justice. This is a bit... over my head."

The temple stands empty before you, the orange and blue flames still shedding an eerie light on the large statue.

Toilday, 8 Lamashan 4707, 7:08pm. 41 degrees, light wind, partly cloudy. Inside Thistletop Dungeon, Temple of Lamashtu


Female Catfolk Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 3 [ HP 24/34 | AC 20 / 14FF / 15T | Fort +4 Ref +7 Wil +1 | Init +4(+6) | Perception +7 | Panache 7/7 | Charmed Life 3/3 ]

Milah nods at Drek'thar, then looks to the others. "Should we rest before proceeding, or just finish this as well as we can without?"


NG Half-Orc Incanter 2 / Druid 1 | Status:
Stats:
AC 17 (T 17, FF 14) | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Speed 30ft | F +7, R +5, W +11 | Perc +6, SM +4
HP 21/21 | Spell Points 0/10

Drek shrugs. "That is up to you, my friends, but if you wish to keep on going, I still have some tricks up my sleeve. Plus, I'm not sure how much we would be disturbed if we tried to rest here."


M Elf Fighter 3

"Find what we can. Deal with with what we find. If we decide we've had enough, we can stop then. We look around in here, yet?"

Perception: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 5, 1) + 6 = 17


Female Catfolk Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 3 [ HP 24/34 | AC 20 / 14FF / 15T | Fort +4 Ref +7 Wil +1 | Init +4(+6) | Perception +7 | Panache 7/7 | Charmed Life 3/3 ]

Milah nods at the others, then tries to find anything of interest in the temple.

Perception: 3d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 1, 6) + 7 = 18


NG Half-Orc Incanter 2 / Druid 1 | Status:
Stats:
AC 17 (T 17, FF 14) | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Speed 30ft | F +7, R +5, W +11 | Perc +6, SM +4
HP 21/21 | Spell Points 0/10

Drek helps the rest look up for something interesting.

Perception: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4, 5) + 6 = 21


Savage Rifts RotRwT

You search the temple for the better part of half an hour, only to find that other than profane religious instruments and suspicious spots of red liquid on the floor, the only thing that stands out is that there is a pile of ash combined with bone in the altar in front of the statue. It is difficult to tell the age of the pyre, but it is not warm, so it may have been at least a day or two.


Female Catfolk Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 3 [ HP 24/34 | AC 20 / 14FF / 15T | Fort +4 Ref +7 Wil +1 | Init +4(+6) | Perception +7 | Panache 7/7 | Charmed Life 3/3 ]

Milah leads the others to the door at the back of the temple, confirms that everyone is ready to proceed, then opens it, rapier held ready.


NG Half-Orc Incanter 2 / Druid 1 | Status:
Stats:
AC 17 (T 17, FF 14) | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Speed 30ft | F +7, R +5, W +11 | Perc +6, SM +4
HP 21/21 | Spell Points 0/10

Since his allies suffer from physical damage, Drek convinces the Spirits of Life to protect them. When he's finished, he nods in approval, implying he's ready.

Sustained Vitality on everyone who's wounded


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Opening the door reveals a short set of stairs that lead down to an iron grate door that is slightly ajar. Peering inside the next room, you can see that the southern wall is a bank of cells with more iron doors, six in all. The rest of the room is obviously a torture chamber; a rack sits against the far wall, an iron maiden stands to the north, and a fire pit smolders below a spiky cage dangling from a chain in the ceiling to the east. It appears that there is no one here at the moment however. Another door leads out to the main hallway and a second wooden one in the northeast corner remains closed.


Female Catfolk Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 3 [ HP 24/34 | AC 20 / 14FF / 15T | Fort +4 Ref +7 Wil +1 | Init +4(+6) | Perception +7 | Panache 7/7 | Charmed Life 3/3 ]

Milah moves quietly into the room and leads the others to the other door in the same wall as the one they entered. Again, she looks to the others and, once they're ready, opens the door.

Perception: 3d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 1, 4) + 7 = 13


M Elf Fighter 3

"Let's just do this."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Opening the door reveals a short hallway leading to another room, this one with the door left open so that you can see inside. A dusty nest of rags, dog hides, and straw sits in the northeast corner, looking as if no one has been here in some time. To the south, a long workbench cluttered with pliers, hooks, tongs, saws, and knives runs along the wall. All of them seem to have blood or some other ichor stains on them. Scratched into the wall in Taldane are the words 'Brunkel strong me kill Brut'. Somewhere in the distance, difficult to tell exactly from where underground, you hear a howling, similar to what you heard when you fought those strange dogs...


Female Catfolk Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 3 [ HP 24/34 | AC 20 / 14FF / 15T | Fort +4 Ref +7 Wil +1 | Init +4(+6) | Perception +7 | Panache 7/7 | Charmed Life 3/3 ]

Milah sighs as she reads the scrawled message, "Just as well that we didn't find anyone here, I suppose." She leads the party back to the jail and through the unopened door. As she comes across the bodies of the goblins there, she pauses. "We didn't get a chance to search here at all - Orik came upon us." With that, she proceeds to search both the bodies and the small room the goblins emerged from.

Perception: 3d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 3, 3) + 7 = 19


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The goblins in the room carry little other than the various instruments they used to attack you with: a small scourge, a whip, a scalpel and a padded club. In the room they came out of, you see a rather large collection of ratty pillows and lumpy dog fur rugs. It stinks of brine and old flowers and against the wall you see a longbow propped up against it with a quiver of arrows lying near the bow.


Female Catfolk Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 3 [ HP 24/34 | AC 20 / 14FF / 15T | Fort +4 Ref +7 Wil +1 | Init +4(+6) | Perception +7 | Panache 7/7 | Charmed Life 3/3 ]

Milah grabs the longbow and quiver, saying "This should do until I get a proper crossbow, at least." Then she continues leading the way through the complex, opening the only unopened door off of the current room.


NG Half-Orc Incanter 2 / Druid 1 | Status:
Stats:
AC 17 (T 17, FF 14) | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Speed 30ft | F +7, R +5, W +11 | Perc +6, SM +4
HP 21/21 | Spell Points 0/10

Drek is about to pick a knife for later use, then he remembers his newly discovered powers require he stands away from metal weapons. "Oh well, good ol' fire will have to do, then."


M Elf Fighter 3

Waiting on me? Nothing to say, just following along. The only thing remotely interesting is that bow. Rest is "just loot". Even if not MW, or composite Str, a longbow is a good upgrade off my shortbow. It is a better upgrade from nothing, though! So, no reason to try to argue right now.

Sil moves along with his companions, keeping watch while they search through the items they had left behind.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

No just getting through the weekend. I have much less time to be on during them..

As you collect the gear, Sileven notices that some of the arrows have a slight aura of dark magic around them. d4 magic arrows, d12 normal The longbow itself looks very well made and judging by the way it is strung with hair that looks too fine to be that of an animal, it must have been Elven at one time. Masterwork Composite(+4) Longbow

You move on into next room before heading down the hallway and you find that is is layered with wall to wall wooden cages. Each one looks like it would fit a large rabbit, but based on the blood and old bones that litter the dirty hay that is in them, something else must have been kept here at one time, though it is empty at the moment. In the distance, you hear another of those baying howls.


Female Catfolk Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 3 [ HP 24/34 | AC 20 / 14FF / 15T | Fort +4 Ref +7 Wil +1 | Init +4(+6) | Perception +7 | Panache 7/7 | Charmed Life 3/3 ]

Milah leads the others down the short corridor...

Perception: 3d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 2, 6) + 7 = 18

Sileven - I'm perfectly fine trading the MW longbow for your shortbow; Milah has a negative strength modifier, so will not be doing much damage regardless.


M Elf Fighter 3

I really am neutral about the bow right now, even after the details. Both of us are -1 to use it (-2 for too weak and +1 for MW).

"These arrows are magical. Might want to keep them separate, so you don't use them accidentally. Not really interested in any more of those dog things."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

You peer down the hallway and you notice a few rooms leading off of it with their doors left open. At the end of the hallway the door is open enough for you to see a rather well kept room and parts of a bed that looks like it belongs in a palace somewhere. You would have to proceed further to see more.


Female Catfolk Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 3 [ HP 24/34 | AC 20 / 14FF / 15T | Fort +4 Ref +7 Wil +1 | Init +4(+6) | Perception +7 | Panache 7/7 | Charmed Life 3/3 ]

Milah begins heading down the hallway, opening doors and peering inside as she goes.

Just making sure nobody's hiding behind any doors, beds, etc., first - after everything is cleared, we can do a more thorough search.


NG Half-Orc Incanter 2 / Druid 1 | Status:
Stats:
AC 17 (T 17, FF 14) | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Speed 30ft | F +7, R +5, W +11 | Perc +6, SM +4
HP 21/21 | Spell Points 0/10

Drek helps search the place to make sure nothing really important slips their eyes, though obviously they don't have time to stop and check all the details.


M Elf Fighter 3

"Just clearing? Okay." Sil moves to check areas where Milah isn't, to speed things up.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

After about 5 minutes, you finish your cursory search of the rooms down the hallway. The first one on your left has a faint musty odor. The wooden bed is covered with matted gray and black hair, and bloodstains mar the stone floor, while a morbid stack of birds’ feet lies heaped on the floor by the side of the bed.

The next room on the left is clean and brightly lit by what Sileven points out as an everburning torch lying on the nightstand, its spartan decor makes it unclear whether it’s actually lived in. A simple wooden bed and footlocker accompany the nightstand.

The room at the end of the hallway is a bit larger than the rest and it seems to serve two purposes. The bed is indeed opulent and decorated in fine red linens and plush pillows, but on the other side a desk and chair under a hanging lantern make a comfortable-looking study.

The room closest to the big one on the right is clean and well organized. A low dresser to the southwest has a stack of papers sitting atop it, weighted down by a large chunk of obsidian, while to the northwest sits a well-made bed.

The last room seems hastily left, with a half finished meal of bread and smoked salmon on the bed and shows many other signs of having been lived in. The bed itself is rumpled
and unmade and a few articles of dirty clothing sit at the foot of the bed.

For all intents and purposes, you are alone here.


Female Catfolk Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 3 [ HP 24/34 | AC 20 / 14FF / 15T | Fort +4 Ref +7 Wil +1 | Init +4(+6) | Perception +7 | Panache 7/7 | Charmed Life 3/3 ]

Milah gets the everburning torch - just in case it's needed - then leaves the papers and leads the way back up the stairs, to the tower, and to the unopened door, looks to the others, and opens it.


M Elf Fighter 3

The elf frowns before picking up the papers and stowing them. "Information could be the most valuable thing here, Milah!" Then he follows along.


NG Half-Orc Incanter 2 / Druid 1 | Status:
Stats:
AC 17 (T 17, FF 14) | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Speed 30ft | F +7, R +5, W +11 | Perc +6, SM +4
HP 21/21 | Spell Points 0/10

"Sure" Drek nods, "we'll read them later." Then he quickly trots after his companions.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

After stepping over several goblin bodies and that of the bugbear, Brut, you return to one of the towers. You notice along the way that rats have started to pick at the corpses. They scatter when you approach however. Once at the unopened door, you easily pry it so you can see the hallway that lies beyond. Following it for a bit, you come to two doors, one with a massive padlock and the other with faint sounds of goblin voices coming from the other side.


NG Half-Orc Incanter 2 / Druid 1 | Status:
Stats:
AC 17 (T 17, FF 14) | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Speed 30ft | F +7, R +5, W +11 | Perc +6, SM +4
HP 21/21 | Spell Points 0/10

Drek points to the door where the goblin voices come from, then puts a finger on his mouth. He quickly calls for the Life spirits and protects his wounded friends.

Sustaining Vitality, you all know how it works, yeah?


Female Catfolk Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 3 [ HP 24/34 | AC 20 / 14FF / 15T | Fort +4 Ref +7 Wil +1 | Init +4(+6) | Perception +7 | Panache 7/7 | Charmed Life 3/3 ]

Milah nods to Drek'thar and moves to the door. Once everyone indicates they're ready, she throws open the door and steps in, rapier ready.


M Elf Fighter 3

Sil gets both blades ready, shrugs as Milah pushes forward, but nods for her to start things off.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

You open the door prepared for combat. As you enter, you see a large throne room is decorated with hanging furs along its walls, mostly black-and-red striped firepelt skins, various dog pelts, and in some cases, what look like horse hides. Four square timbers support the ceiling, their faces studded with dozens of iron spikes, with the lower
reaches decorated with dozens of impaled and severed hands in various stages of decay. To the northeast, a wooden platform supports a throne heaped with dog pelts and horse hides. Dog skulls adorn the armrests and a horse skull leers over the throne’s back.

Lying next to the throne is a green and gray speckled gecko that has to be at least a hundred times larger than any gecko you've ever seen. Its red tongue tastes your scent in the air. Sitting on the throne with one hand petting the gecko's head is a goblin with a rather ornate crown made of some unidentified metal. A toothy grin decorates his face.

"Welcome longshanks. You big strong. Come close. We talk talk. Make deal."

Sense Motive DC 11:
This one has no intention of making any sort of deal as his beady eyes shift around the room.

Perception DC 21:
Sure enough, the goblin is not alone. On each of the tall timbers nearest the throne, you see a little goblin hand or an ear sticking out from behind where they have climbed up.

Perception DC 26:
Coming from somewhere behind the throne you hear what sounds like an ill child humming.


NG Half-Orc Incanter 2 / Druid 1 | Status:
Stats:
AC 17 (T 17, FF 14) | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Speed 30ft | F +7, R +5, W +11 | Perc +6, SM +4
HP 21/21 | Spell Points 0/10

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Noticing the goblins hiding, Drek narrows his eyes, suspiciously.

"Come close to your ambush, you mean?" he says, pointing at the hidden creatures.


Female Catfolk Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 3 [ HP 24/34 | AC 20 / 14FF / 15T | Fort +4 Ref +7 Wil +1 | Init +4(+6) | Perception +7 | Panache 7/7 | Charmed Life 3/3 ]

Sense Motive: 3d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 2, 3) + 8 = 14
Perception: 3d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 2, 5) + 7 = 17

"He has no intention of making any sort of deal with us." Milah holds back, trusting both her sense of the goblin's motives and Drek'Thar's warning.


NG Half-Orc Incanter 2 / Druid 1 | Status:
Stats:
AC 17 (T 17, FF 14) | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Speed 30ft | F +7, R +5, W +11 | Perc +6, SM +4
HP 21/21 | Spell Points 0/10

S$~#, once more I didn't remember to roll 3d6 :( Well, for roleplaying sake, let's leave it as it is, I guess - I've already checked the Perception DC 21 spoiler.

1,601 to 1,650 of 1,689 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rise of the Runelords with a Twist All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.