*! Rise of the Runelords !*

Game Master PJP

Today: 4727 AR, Autumn Equinox

Notes and Exhibits
Loot List
Combat Map

Feat Tax Alterations

Map of Sandpoint
Map of Hinterlands (Sandpoint and surrounding areas)
Map of Varisia


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,173 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

TN Female Undine Hydrokineticist 3 | 30/30 HP | AC19 T13 FF16 | CMD14 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Spd 30/Swim 30 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Acrobatics +8, Appraise +2, Arcana +3, Geography +3, History +5, Nature +7, Perception +7, Stealth +9, Swim +11, Use Magic Device +5 | Burn: 1/6 | Active Conditions: Shroud of Water (Shield), Elemental Overflow

Faced with a sudden outbreak of peace, Faywen blinks several times before relaxing her stance somewhat. You must adapt to a shifting current, she thinks to herself.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Status: NONE | Darkvision 60 | Fighter 3 | HP: 29/29 | AC: 25/13/22 | Init: +2 | Fort: +5 / Ref +4 / Will: +2 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 20 | 1/3 Hero Point | +9 Cold Iron Longsword 1d8+4 | +5 Shortbow 1d6 | HERO LAB CHARACTER SHEET

Hearing the refusal to come out Trox shakes his head and raises his shield before stepping in front of the door. He voice is flat she stares daggers at the occupant.

"Best not move sunshine. Your outnumbered and outmatched, what you doing down here with the melon head goblins? Answer quick I won't give you time to hurt anyone if thats your aim."

Intimidation: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30


Male Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph/Vivisectionist) 3

Reynard moves up next to Druamin, ready to fight if it becomes necessary.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Clearly a bully by nature, the man is taken aback by Trox's intimidating move.

"Uh...well... ok, ok - Don't hurt me and I'll talk. I have no love for these folks... just a job, ya know!"

Lowering his weapon, but not dropping it, he says "Listen, This Nualia hired me when I was down on my luck in Magnimar. She's pretty enough... well, at least before she started turning into a demon. I prefer little Lyrie anyway. I am starting to think this was a bad choice for me. Well, another bad choice in a string of.... er.. nevermind. "

"I was considering trying my luck in Korvosa anyway. Nualia hasn't needed much bodyguarding... well, maybe today it seems. I can't tell you much - just that she is here looking for something below."


Status: NONE | Darkvision 60 | Fighter 3 | HP: 29/29 | AC: 25/13/22 | Init: +2 | Fort: +5 / Ref +4 / Will: +2 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 20 | 1/3 Hero Point | +9 Cold Iron Longsword 1d8+4 | +5 Shortbow 1d6 | HERO LAB CHARACTER SHEET

The response from the mercenary throws Trox off a little taking it out of his realm of expertise. He shuffles his feet a little uncomfortable and just mumbles. Good." before turning to his companions with a shrug meant to say it is there call what happens here.

Dark Archive

AC:17 T:13 F:14 | HP24/24 | CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+5 | Perc: +8

"It is a good time to leave for Korvosa. I hear that it is safe this time of year."


TN Female Undine Hydrokineticist 3 | 30/30 HP | AC19 T13 FF16 | CMD14 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Spd 30/Swim 30 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Acrobatics +8, Appraise +2, Arcana +3, Geography +3, History +5, Nature +7, Perception +7, Stealth +9, Swim +11, Use Magic Device +5 | Burn: 1/6 | Active Conditions: Shroud of Water (Shield), Elemental Overflow

"Who's Lyrie?" Faywen whispers to Reynard beside her.


NG Male Dwarf Druid 3 | Speed 20 ft. | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 | hp 25/25/ | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +8 | Init +1 | Percep +9 | CMD 15 | Spells used: | Conditions: none

"Yeah, I'd say that your idea of leaving is a good one. Who is Nualia?"

Dark Archive

AC:17 T:13 F:14 | HP24/24 | CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+5 | Perc: +8

"If I'm am not missing something she is the demon lady Vulpin told us about. She is very dangerous."


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

"Lyrie? Why she's a little cutie... her room is nearby. Let her go to, and I'll tell you all you want to know. Nualia, well she's the boss. It was her plan to raid Sandpoint... too bad, I thought it was a nice little place."

Sense motive DC 16:
Why he talks a good game, you get the distinct impression he doesn't have much to offer.

Dark Archive

AC:17 T:13 F:14 | HP24/24 | CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+5 | Perc: +8

"I don't like this. It seemslike a way for his to collect allies."


NG Male Dwarf Druid 3 | Speed 20 ft. | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 | hp 25/25/ | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +8 | Init +1 | Percep +9 | CMD 15 | Spells used: | Conditions: none

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Druamin grunts. "Huh. I think you don't know anything. You know what? I think you should count yourself lucky that we are letting you go. You should just leave."

Dark Archive

AC:17 T:13 F:14 | HP24/24 | CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+5 | Perc: +8

"If you have any useful equipment leave it. We will bring it back to town, you can consider it the fine for your treachery."


Male Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph/Vivisectionist) 3

Reynard glances at Erond with narrowed eyes. Making him give up his gear is about the surest way to get a mercenary to fight. Is he trying to provoke this guy?

Dark Archive

AC:17 T:13 F:14 | HP24/24 | CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+5 | Perc: +8

Mostly a way to make sure he does not leave and come back and pincer us.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

”You think to rob me too? Maybe we should negotiate that.”

With that, he draws a very fine sword.


Status: NONE | Darkvision 60 | Fighter 3 | HP: 29/29 | AC: 25/13/22 | Init: +2 | Fort: +5 / Ref +4 / Will: +2 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 20 | 1/3 Hero Point | +9 Cold Iron Longsword 1d8+4 | +5 Shortbow 1d6 | HERO LAB CHARACTER SHEET

Trox has stood quietly but close to the mercenary this entire time. As the sword starts to come out he steps in range and readies to swing of the mercenary flinches.

"Did you forget about me here? Bad idea to wave that around brother."

He is assuming that his earlier words might hold some sway, if not well....

Readied Action:

Cold Iron Longsword PA CE: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 balls
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

OK, that will start initiative.
It is pretty tight quarters, but I assume Trox moved in to attack, so I adjusted the map.

Initiative:

Druamin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Erond: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Faywen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Reynard: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Trox: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Vinccenso: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Nasties: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Druamin
Reynard
Erond
Faywen
Vinccenso
Trox

Orik, the mercenary

Dark Archive

AC:17 T:13 F:14 | HP24/24 | CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+5 | Perc: +8

Erond will bless the group.


TN Female Undine Hydrokineticist 3 | 30/30 HP | AC19 T13 FF16 | CMD14 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Spd 30/Swim 30 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Acrobatics +8, Appraise +2, Arcana +3, Geography +3, History +5, Nature +7, Perception +7, Stealth +9, Swim +11, Use Magic Device +5 | Burn: 1/6 | Active Conditions: Shroud of Water (Shield), Elemental Overflow

Faywen rushes forward into the other room, pulling together a water blast as she does.

Water blast with 1 Burn: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 = 21
Water blast damage with 1 Burn: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 4) + 7 = 12

Moving 3W, 1S


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Faywen charges in and blasts the man in the chest with water. It would have provoked 2 AoOs, but Orik is still considered flatfooted here.

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Druamin
Reynard

Erond
Faywen
Vinccenso
Trox

Orik, the mercenary (12 dmg)

Bless is in effect.


NG Male Dwarf Druid 3 | Speed 20 ft. | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 | hp 25/25/ | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +8 | Init +1 | Percep +9 | CMD 15 | Spells used: | Conditions: none

Druamin sighs. Things always end in fighting. He steps into the room past Trox, bringing up his axe as he moves. Grimacing, he swings the axe down on the adversary.

battleaxe@red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

I may have misread Faywen's move - I think she just lined up behind Trox. If that's the case, then she will be at -4 for soft cover (but she has precise shot, so that's good). If this is the case, then she missed her target.

Druamin moves in, but is not able to strike the mercenary, who is clearly well trained.


TN Female Undine Hydrokineticist 3 | 30/30 HP | AC19 T13 FF16 | CMD14 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Spd 30/Swim 30 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Acrobatics +8, Appraise +2, Arcana +3, Geography +3, History +5, Nature +7, Perception +7, Stealth +9, Swim +11, Use Magic Device +5 | Burn: 1/6 | Active Conditions: Shroud of Water (Shield), Elemental Overflow

Yeah, I was just moving from the hallway to in front of Erond. And damn, I forgot about soft cover bonuses!


Male Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph/Vivisectionist) 3

Reynard squeezes past Trox and takes a two-handed grip on his walking stick, before taking a wild swing at the mercenary.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

The agile man dodges every attack, and picks Trox as his first target. Luckily Trox is very well armored. He also starts shouting "HELP! HELP!"

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Round 2: (Bold may act)
Druamin
Reynard
Erond
Faywen (1 burn)
Vinccenso
Trox

Orik, the mercenary (0 dmg)

Bless is in effect.


TN Female Undine Hydrokineticist 3 | 30/30 HP | AC19 T13 FF16 | CMD14 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Spd 30/Swim 30 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Acrobatics +8, Appraise +2, Arcana +3, Geography +3, History +5, Nature +7, Perception +7, Stealth +9, Swim +11, Use Magic Device +5 | Burn: 1/6 | Active Conditions: Shroud of Water (Shield), Elemental Overflow

Annoyed by both her missed initial attack and his shouting, Faywen throws another, more focused blast of water at him.

Water blast: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Water blast damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 2) + 5 = 13


Status: NONE | Darkvision 60 | Fighter 3 | HP: 29/29 | AC: 25/13/22 | Init: +2 | Fort: +5 / Ref +4 / Will: +2 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 20 | 1/3 Hero Point | +9 Cold Iron Longsword 1d8+4 | +5 Shortbow 1d6 | HERO LAB CHARACTER SHEET

As he yells for help Trox frowns.

"Keep an eye in the hallway for more."

As he yells he brings his sword up in an underhanded attack hoping to connect.

Cold Iron Longsword PA CE: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

This time Faywen manages to hit him, but the steam of water distracts Trox enough that he fails to connect.


Male Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph/Vivisectionist) 3

Reynard swings again. And misses again.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


NG Male Dwarf Druid 3 | Speed 20 ft. | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 | hp 25/25/ | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +8 | Init +1 | Percep +9 | CMD 15 | Spells used: | Conditions: none

"Oh be quiet! You could have gone easily." Druamin swings his axe again.

axe@red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 I think that's a miss

Dark Archive

AC:17 T:13 F:14 | HP24/24 | CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+5 | Perc: +8

Don't forget about bless.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 = 26 Eyes of hawk
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 = 23 Eyes of hawk
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


TN Female Undine Hydrokineticist 3 | 30/30 HP | AC19 T13 FF16 | CMD14 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Spd 30/Swim 30 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Acrobatics +8, Appraise +2, Arcana +3, Geography +3, History +5, Nature +7, Perception +7, Stealth +9, Swim +11, Use Magic Device +5 | Burn: 1/6 | Active Conditions: Shroud of Water (Shield), Elemental Overflow

Thanks for the reminder, Erond. I think we did all forget about it! GM, I also forgot about my own overflow bonus. Between that and Bless, my attack roll should have been a 27 and the damage a 15. Sorry about that.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Since Vinccenso is MIA, then we'll let him sit this one out.

Faywen and Erond have caused some damage, but this man is holding his own for now.

Orik continues his assault on Trox, but again the sword clangs heavily against the armor.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Round 3: (Bold may act)
Druamin
Reynard
Erond
Faywen (1 burn)
Trox

Orik, the mercenary (30 dmg)

Bless is in effect.


Status: NONE | Darkvision 60 | Fighter 3 | HP: 29/29 | AC: 25/13/22 | Init: +2 | Fort: +5 / Ref +4 / Will: +2 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 20 | 1/3 Hero Point | +9 Cold Iron Longsword 1d8+4 | +5 Shortbow 1d6 | HERO LAB CHARACTER SHEET

Frustrated that he cannot connect with his sword Trox is at least glad to be taking the attacks well.

"Not so good with that sword are you. Here let me..."

Cold Iron Longsword PA CE: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

"BLAST IT!"

His face turns read as his taunting is undercut by a terrible attempt to attack.


NG Male Dwarf Druid 3 | Speed 20 ft. | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 | hp 25/25/ | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +8 | Init +1 | Percep +9 | CMD 15 | Spells used: | Conditions: none

"Don't you see that we pretty much have you surrounded. Are you sure you don't want to reconsider?" To emphasis the point, Druamin swipes at the man with his axe.

axe@red,bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11

Dark Archive

AC:17 T:13 F:14 | HP24/24 | CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+5 | Perc: +8

Watching to see if Maynard hits.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Trox and Druamin talk a good talk, but Orik just grins as he easily blocks each attempt.

Dark Archive

AC:17 T:13 F:14 | HP24/24 | CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+5 | Perc: +8

Wordlessly Erond shoots.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph/Vivisectionist) 3

Reynard continues to swing away with his stick, this time with better results.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Erond also misses, mostly due to the people in the way. Reynard manages to hit, however, which is enough to knock the man down. "I give... I give."

Orik drops his sword, clearly beaten.


TN Female Undine Hydrokineticist 3 | 30/30 HP | AC19 T13 FF16 | CMD14 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Spd 30/Swim 30 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Acrobatics +8, Appraise +2, Arcana +3, Geography +3, History +5, Nature +7, Perception +7, Stealth +9, Swim +11, Use Magic Device +5 | Burn: 1/6 | Active Conditions: Shroud of Water (Shield), Elemental Overflow

"Kick the sword away and get on your knees!" commands a clearly furious Faywen standing behind Trox.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

He complies. "Listen, I helped you out. I just didn't want to get robbed, ya know?"


Status: NONE | Darkvision 60 | Fighter 3 | HP: 29/29 | AC: 25/13/22 | Init: +2 | Fort: +5 / Ref +4 / Will: +2 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 20 | 1/3 Hero Point | +9 Cold Iron Longsword 1d8+4 | +5 Shortbow 1d6 | HERO LAB CHARACTER SHEET

Trox sheeths his sword and picks up the one that was dropped.

"Your not a bad fighter still you must have seen you could not beat us. What was the point... nevermind it doesn't matter."

He stays nearby but lets the others talk he would rather let him go then have to discuss it.


NG Male Dwarf Druid 3 | Speed 20 ft. | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 | hp 25/25/ | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +8 | Init +1 | Percep +9 | CMD 15 | Spells used: | Conditions: none

Druamin puts his axe back into the belt loop it normally hangs from. "We don't want to rob you. We just don't want you coming back behind us. In fact, come find us in Sandpoint tomorrow and we'll give you your sword back. But now, get out of here."

Dark Archive

AC:17 T:13 F:14 | HP24/24 | CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+5 | Perc: +8

"Ya trying to murder folks over a sword is not a great way to prove you deserve that sword. But, I agree with the group get out of here and don't harm anyone and you can have your stuff back."

Erond walks around and collects his durable arrows.


TN Female Undine Hydrokineticist 3 | 30/30 HP | AC19 T13 FF16 | CMD14 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Spd 30/Swim 30 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Acrobatics +8, Appraise +2, Arcana +3, Geography +3, History +5, Nature +7, Perception +7, Stealth +9, Swim +11, Use Magic Device +5 | Burn: 1/6 | Active Conditions: Shroud of Water (Shield), Elemental Overflow

Even though the mercenary seems to be soundly beaten, Faywen keeps her attention down the hallway, watching for more trouble. Water runs from her shoulders to her fingertips, where it falls to the floor in a steady rhythm before dissipating.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Dejected, the man limps out. He is seriously hurt, but will survive as long as nothing jumps him. As he leaves, he gulps down the contents of a small blue vial, and then starts walking a little straighter.

Continuing your exploration, the next room appears to have been Tsuto's residence. It doesn't appear to have been touched since you defeated him in the Glassworks' Catacombs.

At the end of the hall, there is a slightly larger room, which seems to serve a dual purpose. To the north is a fine bed with silk sheets, while to the south, a desk and chair under a hanging lantern make a comfortable-looking study. No one is currently here.

Finally, the last room in this hall is another bed chamber, clean and brightly lit by an everburning torch lying on the nightstand. Its spartan decor makes it unclear whether it's actually lived in.

Where to next?


TN Female Undine Hydrokineticist 3 | 30/30 HP | AC19 T13 FF16 | CMD14 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Spd 30/Swim 30 | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Acrobatics +8, Appraise +2, Arcana +3, Geography +3, History +5, Nature +7, Perception +7, Stealth +9, Swim +11, Use Magic Device +5 | Burn: 1/6 | Active Conditions: Shroud of Water (Shield), Elemental Overflow

Western door of D1, I think. Any objections?

Dark Archive

AC:17 T:13 F:14 | HP24/24 | CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+5 | Perc: +8

Sounds good to me.

Erond and his familiar will stand at the door and look and listen for danger.

Perception Erond: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Perception Aquilo: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,173 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / *! Rise of the Runelords !* All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.