Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Kevin O'Rourke 440

Loot Doc

Current Map


4,701 to 4,750 of 4,832 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>

Maps Female Elf Eldritch Scoundrel Rogue 10 / Arcane Trickster 4 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 / T 17 / FF 16 | Fort +9 / Ref +19 / Will +11 | CMB +9 / CMD +23 | Initiative +5 | Perception +24 (+25 trapfinding) (Autocheck on magic traps) | Low-light Vision | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 4/5, 4th 5/5, 5th 3/3 | Active Effects: Detect Magic and See Invisibility (constant effect)

Okay. But my roll didn't give me any clue as to what help, or how?

Azalia goes closer to the cage and tries talking to the man.

Hey. My name is Azalia. Can I get you anything? I have a blanket. Or food, or we have someone who could heal you, if you need it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Professor of Thassilonian Arcane Studies Human Evoker 14 ~ AC 21 (t 11, ff 20) | F+8, R+7, W+12 (+2 vs. mind affecting) | Init +8 | Per +18 | Versatile Evocation 11/12 | Elemental Manipulation 14/14 | HP 110/114
Ferocia Navarro wrote:
She looks over her companions for a moment, lingering on Drazh and Marten. "Or less."

Marten manages to look both horrified and affronted at the same time.

Sovereign Court

Dwarven Stalwart Defender (6, lvl14) DR (1/-) Wounds (0) HP (154) Temp (28) AC35 (31/20/UD, +2 Adap, +1 Challenge, +2 Stance, +4 vs Giants) Saves (16/15/16, +2 Hardy) Adaptation (60 min) Challenge (1/1) Lvl 1 (0/2) Augment (3/3) VM (1/1) DS (7/15) Initiative (+6)

”Well? Ye look like ye could unwind.” Drazh said to Marten.


Professor of Thassilonian Arcane Studies Human Evoker 14 ~ AC 21 (t 11, ff 20) | F+8, R+7, W+12 (+2 vs. mind affecting) | Init +8 | Per +18 | Versatile Evocation 11/12 | Elemental Manipulation 14/14 | HP 110/114

"Do you honestly think being left here alone with... them would make me less tense?"

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Stalwart Defender (6, lvl14) DR (1/-) Wounds (0) HP (154) Temp (28) AC35 (31/20/UD, +2 Adap, +1 Challenge, +2 Stance, +4 vs Giants) Saves (16/15/16, +2 Hardy) Adaptation (60 min) Challenge (1/1) Lvl 1 (0/2) Augment (3/3) VM (1/1) DS (7/15) Initiative (+6)

”Maybe? Are they not ye type? Is fine, they’re too lanky for me. Or do ye like boys?” He shrugged. ”But a good shake of the mine shaft nay hurt anyone.”


Professor of Thassilonian Arcane Studies Human Evoker 14 ~ AC 21 (t 11, ff 20) | F+8, R+7, W+12 (+2 vs. mind affecting) | Init +8 | Per +18 | Versatile Evocation 11/12 | Elemental Manipulation 14/14 | HP 110/114

"I'd like someone who would appreciate my work, and who wouldn't leave me looking like that," Marten indicates the man in the cage Azalia is talking to.

"If they don't release him, Azalia's going to insist. She's right, of course. But it may lead to a pre-relationship spat, if you catch my meaning."


Male NG Halfling Bard VMC Cavalier 14 (Order of the Dragon, Arcane Duelist) | HP: 82/101 Temp: 0 | AC: 31 (16 Tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +17, W: +14 | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +17 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 24/36 | Tactician: 2/3 | Spells: 1st 6/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 2/5, 4th 4/5, 5th 0/3 | Active conditions: 91/120 Protection from Cold

Creydon adds to his words to the bevy of ladies.

"Like the others say, what can we provide? Items? One-off services? That sort of thing? There must be something, surely?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (4) + 22 = 26


The man just flinches as Azalia tries to speak to him but doesn't make any reaction. Greater restoration might be able to repair his fractured mind.

"We do have something that would work... but I'm not sure what you could offer." The redhead responds.

The blonde grins "Azaven's phylactery, he's the Liche that rules over the Ravenous Crypts. Bring it to us as proof you have defeated him and we can destroy it!" The others murmur approvals. "Yes for that you will be given a true item of lust!"


Male NG Halfling Bard VMC Cavalier 14 (Order of the Dragon, Arcane Duelist) | HP: 82/101 Temp: 0 | AC: 31 (16 Tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +17, W: +14 | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +17 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 24/36 | Tactician: 2/3 | Spells: 1st 6/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 2/5, 4th 4/5, 5th 0/3 | Active conditions: 91/120 Protection from Cold

"That's more like it! Where are these Crypts? Does Azaven have any allies worth talking about?"


Maps Female Elf Eldritch Scoundrel Rogue 10 / Arcane Trickster 4 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 / T 17 / FF 16 | Fort +9 / Ref +19 / Will +11 | CMB +9 / CMD +23 | Initiative +5 | Perception +24 (+25 trapfinding) (Autocheck on magic traps) | Low-light Vision | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 4/5, 4th 5/5, 5th 3/3 | Active Effects: Detect Magic and See Invisibility (constant effect)

Azalia examines the lock on the cage.

Perception: 1d20 + 24 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 24 - 2 = 29

Sovereign Court

Dwarven Stalwart Defender (6, lvl14) DR (1/-) Wounds (0) HP (154) Temp (28) AC35 (31/20/UD, +2 Adap, +1 Challenge, +2 Stance, +4 vs Giants) Saves (16/15/16, +2 Hardy) Adaptation (60 min) Challenge (1/1) Lvl 1 (0/2) Augment (3/3) VM (1/1) DS (7/15) Initiative (+6)

”Ah, an old smash n’ grab? Aye, that sounds more like it.” Drazh said, thinking but not saying that they’d keep whatever the liche had as well.


"It is directly opposite here and he will have apprentices and undead at his service."

Azalia can see that the lock doesn't seem too complicated, likely within her ability to open.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
(-2 att/skills/saves) HP 87/87 | AC 21 T 13 FF 20 | F +8* R +8* W +13* | CMB +10 CMD 21 | Init +5 Perc +1* | Spells 7th 0/4 6th 2/6 5th 4/7 4th 4/8 3rd 6/8 2nd 6/8 1st 7/8 | Cloak of Darkness 13/15 | Wings of Darkness 13/15 | Nat. Divination 4/4 | Gift of Prophecy 1/1 | Medusa 1/1 | Sihedron 1/1 | Wand BE 38 | Wand CLW 36 | Wand CMW 54 | Wand LR 47

Unbridled pleasure an passion, in themselves, don't sound too awful. But one thousand and one years seems excessive. Anneka has her chores and bookkeeping to attend to. Especially if the bakery opens shops in Magnimar and Korvosa. Alma and Arika would be cross if Anneka were to disappear for centuries...

"Great," she speaks and signs, "In lieu of becoming a carnal slave, we'll return the p-h-y-l-a-c-t-e-r-y. Any idea what it looks like, or where it's kept?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
| HP: 104/130 (158) | AC 24 (T17, FF 21) (+4 dodge vs giants) | CMB: +20 CMD: 34 | F:+12 (14*) R:+11 W:+12 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like, evil)| Init +3 | Perc +19*, SM +3, Bluff/Diplo. -1, Intim. +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Minor Aspect: 16/20, Wild Shape: 16/17 hours | Active Conditions: Claws, Chimeric Aspects, Haste, Bladethirst +3, Prayer

@ Marten and Drazh: Ahahaha! I love it.

Ferocia nods. "Let's get it done."

Ferocia waits until she has Azalia's attention then signs, "Can you free him after they turn over the object?"


Maps Female Elf Eldritch Scoundrel Rogue 10 / Arcane Trickster 4 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 / T 17 / FF 16 | Fort +9 / Ref +19 / Will +11 | CMB +9 / CMD +23 | Initiative +5 | Perception +24 (+25 trapfinding) (Autocheck on magic traps) | Low-light Vision | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 4/5, 4th 5/5, 5th 3/3 | Active Effects: Detect Magic and See Invisibility (constant effect)

Azalia notices Ferocia, and nods, then moves back to the group.


"The exact form is unknown to us but given that you managed to get into the Runeforge I imagine you'd be able to figure it out. It could only be in the Ravenous Crypts, he would not be foolish enough to keep it anywhere but within his territory, no doubt deep within it!"


Professor of Thassilonian Arcane Studies Human Evoker 14 ~ AC 21 (t 11, ff 20) | F+8, R+7, W+12 (+2 vs. mind affecting) | Init +8 | Per +18 | Versatile Evocation 11/12 | Elemental Manipulation 14/14 | HP 110/114

Marten nods and walks briskly back to the center of the Runeforge.

Sovereign Court

Dwarven Stalwart Defender (6, lvl14) DR (1/-) Wounds (0) HP (154) Temp (28) AC35 (31/20/UD, +2 Adap, +1 Challenge, +2 Stance, +4 vs Giants) Saves (16/15/16, +2 Hardy) Adaptation (60 min) Challenge (1/1) Lvl 1 (0/2) Augment (3/3) VM (1/1) DS (7/15) Initiative (+6)

”This is good, aye? Liches should have some good stuff to steal. Like spellbooks and staffs and whatnot. Put together with the dragon’s hoard and we are going to make so much off of this.” Drazh said happily as they exited.


(-2 att/skills/saves) HP 87/87 | AC 21 T 13 FF 20 | F +8* R +8* W +13* | CMB +10 CMD 21 | Init +5 Perc +1* | Spells 7th 0/4 6th 2/6 5th 4/7 4th 4/8 3rd 6/8 2nd 6/8 1st 7/8 | Cloak of Darkness 13/15 | Wings of Darkness 13/15 | Nat. Divination 4/4 | Gift of Prophecy 1/1 | Medusa 1/1 | Sihedron 1/1 | Wand BE 38 | Wand CLW 36 | Wand CMW 54 | Wand LR 47

"And so time passes differently here? Runeforge exists on a different plane, or at least out of phase with our time?" Anneka asks Marten and Azalia.

She smiles in support of Drazh's statement, but says little. It is a relief to not be held captive, but that name, The Ravenous Crypts, is certainly forboding. What darkness are they wading into?


Professor of Thassilonian Arcane Studies Human Evoker 14 ~ AC 21 (t 11, ff 20) | F+8, R+7, W+12 (+2 vs. mind affecting) | Init +8 | Per +18 | Versatile Evocation 11/12 | Elemental Manipulation 14/14 | HP 110/114
Anneka Avertin wrote:
"And so time passes differently here? Runeforge exists on a different plane, or at least out of phase with our time?" Anneka asks Marten and Azalia.

"That's what they said, and there's no reason not to believe them. You'll recall that the deminplane we entered for the Breaching Festival behaved similarly, although less extreme than what they're claiming."

"I expect that we'll exit this place and still have a mess of ice elementals to deal with. But the dragon's remains should still be there, also."


Male NG Halfling Bard VMC Cavalier 14 (Order of the Dragon, Arcane Duelist) | HP: 82/101 Temp: 0 | AC: 31 (16 Tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +17, W: +14 | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +17 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 24/36 | Tactician: 2/3 | Spells: 1st 6/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 2/5, 4th 4/5, 5th 0/3 | Active conditions: 91/120 Protection from Cold

"Honestly? If we get a good choke point and get Drazh and Ferocia in it, with the rest of us backing them up? Ice elementals will end up the biggest pile of ice cubes this side of the Mammoth Lords!"

"What do we know about liches anyway?"

Knowledge Religion to aid another for +6: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Professor of Thassilonian Arcane Studies Human Evoker 14 ~ AC 21 (t 11, ff 20) | F+8, R+7, W+12 (+2 vs. mind affecting) | Init +8 | Per +18 | Versatile Evocation 11/12 | Elemental Manipulation 14/14 | HP 110/114

"That they make poor decisions."


Maps Female Elf Eldritch Scoundrel Rogue 10 / Arcane Trickster 4 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 / T 17 / FF 16 | Fort +9 / Ref +19 / Will +11 | CMB +9 / CMD +23 | Initiative +5 | Perception +24 (+25 trapfinding) (Autocheck on magic traps) | Low-light Vision | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 4/5, 4th 5/5, 5th 3/3 | Active Effects: Detect Magic and See Invisibility (constant effect)

I wonder how long that poor man has been in there.

Sovereign Court

Dwarven Stalwart Defender (6, lvl14) DR (1/-) Wounds (0) HP (154) Temp (28) AC35 (31/20/UD, +2 Adap, +1 Challenge, +2 Stance, +4 vs Giants) Saves (16/15/16, +2 Hardy) Adaptation (60 min) Challenge (1/1) Lvl 1 (0/2) Augment (3/3) VM (1/1) DS (7/15) Initiative (+6)

”Dunno. Reminds me of that fooker looking for the book in the other...dimension...thing, we were in.” Drazh said as they walked along.


The ceiling of this circular domed chamber rises to a height of thirty feet. The walls are decorated with dozens of grinning skulls, each gripping what appear to be bits of flesh in their teeth. A flight of steps leads up via a corridor in the far wall.

I'll update the map when I can

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Stalwart Defender (6, lvl14) DR (1/-) Wounds (0) HP (154) Temp (28) AC35 (31/20/UD, +2 Adap, +1 Challenge, +2 Stance, +4 vs Giants) Saves (16/15/16, +2 Hardy) Adaptation (60 min) Challenge (1/1) Lvl 1 (0/2) Augment (3/3) VM (1/1) DS (7/15) Initiative (+6)

”This is what they call for shadowing, innit? Ye know, read it in a book once. It’s when ye see something, and it gives a hint, ye follow? Like, it’s gonna happen later. Those there skulls? It means that we’re probably gonna see some ghouls. Cause ghouls eat people, ye see?” Drazh said with confidence, glad that he had a chance to show off his learning.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Halfling Bard VMC Cavalier 14 (Order of the Dragon, Arcane Duelist) | HP: 82/101 Temp: 0 | AC: 31 (16 Tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +17, W: +14 | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +17 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 24/36 | Tactician: 2/3 | Spells: 1st 6/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 2/5, 4th 4/5, 5th 0/3 | Active conditions: 91/120 Protection from Cold

Creydon realise what Drazh is getting at, and is thankful that he isn't as pedantic as Marten.

He instead focuses on spotting traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19


(-2 att/skills/saves) HP 87/87 | AC 21 T 13 FF 20 | F +8* R +8* W +13* | CMB +10 CMD 21 | Init +5 Perc +1* | Spells 7th 0/4 6th 2/6 5th 4/7 4th 4/8 3rd 6/8 2nd 6/8 1st 7/8 | Cloak of Darkness 13/15 | Wings of Darkness 13/15 | Nat. Divination 4/4 | Gift of Prophecy 1/1 | Medusa 1/1 | Sihedron 1/1 | Wand BE 38 | Wand CLW 36 | Wand CMW 54 | Wand LR 47

Anneka patches up her wounds.

wand CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"Anyone else?" she asks.

She snaps the fingers of her other hand, and a dim corona frames Ferocia before fading into shadow.

Shield other on Ferocia.


Professor of Thassilonian Arcane Studies Human Evoker 14 ~ AC 21 (t 11, ff 20) | F+8, R+7, W+12 (+2 vs. mind affecting) | Init +8 | Per +18 | Versatile Evocation 11/12 | Elemental Manipulation 14/14 | HP 110/114

"Really. What, pray tell, was the name of this book?" Marten asks suspiciously, thankful that he isn't as blindly-trusting as Creydon.

Sovereign Court

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Stalwart Defender (6, lvl14) DR (1/-) Wounds (0) HP (154) Temp (28) AC35 (31/20/UD, +2 Adap, +1 Challenge, +2 Stance, +4 vs Giants) Saves (16/15/16, +2 Hardy) Adaptation (60 min) Challenge (1/1) Lvl 1 (0/2) Augment (3/3) VM (1/1) DS (7/15) Initiative (+6)

Drazh shrugged. ”Ehhh...dunno? Me da made me learn how to read. He said, ‘Drazh me boy, yer as thick headed as a rock, and I won’t let any child of mine shame our clan!’ Aye he did. So he beat it into me. Easy choice. Read whatever book he gave me or he’d beat me with it.” He looked into the distance wistfully. ”Me Da was a right good one he was. Got beaten bloody bad that there summer. But by Torag I did it. Book talked of For Shadowing, illityations, metafors and a whole buncha other crap about how to tell a good story. Bloody stupid book had a metal cover. Otherwise I’d have taken the beating.”


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Professor of Thassilonian Arcane Studies Human Evoker 14 ~ AC 21 (t 11, ff 20) | F+8, R+7, W+12 (+2 vs. mind affecting) | Init +8 | Per +18 | Versatile Evocation 11/12 | Elemental Manipulation 14/14 | HP 110/114

Marten struggles to find the words, his jaw opening numerous times before he gives up and just pats Drazh on the shoulder.


Male NG Halfling Bard VMC Cavalier 14 (Order of the Dragon, Arcane Duelist) | HP: 82/101 Temp: 0 | AC: 31 (16 Tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +17, W: +14 | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +17 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 24/36 | Tactician: 2/3 | Spells: 1st 6/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 2/5, 4th 4/5, 5th 0/3 | Active conditions: 91/120 Protection from Cold

Creydon signs to Anneka:

Yes, please. Still bleeding a bit here.

Bloody hell but she has a *lot* of power!

He looks at Drazh:

Full of surprises, that one!

Sovereign Court

Dwarven Stalwart Defender (6, lvl14) DR (1/-) Wounds (0) HP (154) Temp (28) AC35 (31/20/UD, +2 Adap, +1 Challenge, +2 Stance, +4 vs Giants) Saves (16/15/16, +2 Hardy) Adaptation (60 min) Challenge (1/1) Lvl 1 (0/2) Augment (3/3) VM (1/1) DS (7/15) Initiative (+6)

”Ach! Sorry lad, mighty rude of me to yap away when yer still injured.” He said to Craydon. Turning to Marten he said ”We can talk about books n’ whatnot later.”


Maps Female Elf Eldritch Scoundrel Rogue 10 / Arcane Trickster 4 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 / T 17 / FF 16 | Fort +9 / Ref +19 / Will +11 | CMB +9 / CMD +23 | Initiative +5 | Perception +24 (+25 trapfinding) (Autocheck on magic traps) | Low-light Vision | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 4/5, 4th 5/5, 5th 3/3 | Active Effects: Detect Magic and See Invisibility (constant effect)

I could use some healing too, Azalia replies to Anneka's query.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
(-2 att/skills/saves) HP 87/87 | AC 21 T 13 FF 20 | F +8* R +8* W +13* | CMB +10 CMD 21 | Init +5 Perc +1* | Spells 7th 0/4 6th 2/6 5th 4/7 4th 4/8 3rd 6/8 2nd 6/8 1st 7/8 | Cloak of Darkness 13/15 | Wings of Darkness 13/15 | Nat. Divination 4/4 | Gift of Prophecy 1/1 | Medusa 1/1 | Sihedron 1/1 | Wand BE 38 | Wand CLW 36 | Wand CMW 54 | Wand LR 47

Anneka taps Creydon and Azalia with the healing wand.

wand CLW @ Creydon: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 -15
wand CLW @ Creydon: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 -11
wand CLW @ Creydon: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 -9
wand CLW @ Creydon: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 -5
wand CLW @ Creydon: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 full

wand CLW @ Azalia: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 -15
wand CLW @ Azalia: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 -6
wand CLW @ Azalia: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 -3
wand CLW @ Azalia: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 full

9 charges use; 36 charges remain.


Male NG Halfling Bard VMC Cavalier 14 (Order of the Dragon, Arcane Duelist) | HP: 82/101 Temp: 0 | AC: 31 (16 Tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +17, W: +14 | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +17 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 24/36 | Tactician: 2/3 | Spells: 1st 6/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 2/5, 4th 4/5, 5th 0/3 | Active conditions: 91/120 Protection from Cold

"No frets, Drazh. I was still hale enough! Thanks, Anneka.", Creydon speaks and signs.

"Is everyone ready to push past these likely ghouls?"


Creydon doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary but as Drazh moves about the room rambling on about books his years of experience in the mine of Grung Varn always keeping him alert for architecture keeps him alert to stone and stonework around him... each of those stone skulls is part of a secret door cunningly crafted into the stonework.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 2 = 29

The book doesn't give a DC but Drazh gets a check as a dwarf (I finally remembered and 29 is reasonably high)


Male NG Halfling Bard VMC Cavalier 14 (Order of the Dragon, Arcane Duelist) | HP: 82/101 Temp: 0 | AC: 31 (16 Tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +17, W: +14 | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +17 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 24/36 | Tactician: 2/3 | Spells: 1st 6/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 2/5, 4th 4/5, 5th 0/3 | Active conditions: 91/120 Protection from Cold

"Oh that's handy! Good spot, Drazh!"

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Stalwart Defender (6, lvl14) DR (1/-) Wounds (0) HP (154) Temp (28) AC35 (31/20/UD, +2 Adap, +1 Challenge, +2 Stance, +4 vs Giants) Saves (16/15/16, +2 Hardy) Adaptation (60 min) Challenge (1/1) Lvl 1 (0/2) Augment (3/3) VM (1/1) DS (7/15) Initiative (+6)

Grum beamed a smile. Between finding the door to holding his own intellectually with Marten and their killing of a dragon...it had been an excellent day.


Maps Female Elf Eldritch Scoundrel Rogue 10 / Arcane Trickster 4 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 / T 17 / FF 16 | Fort +9 / Ref +19 / Will +11 | CMB +9 / CMD +23 | Initiative +5 | Perception +24 (+25 trapfinding) (Autocheck on magic traps) | Low-light Vision | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 4/5, 4th 5/5, 5th 3/3 | Active Effects: Detect Magic and See Invisibility (constant effect)

Thanks, Anneka!

Seeing Drazh show her up by finding secret doors on his own, Azalia snaps out of her stupor worrying about the man in the cage and starts paying attention to where they are.

She checks for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (3) + 25 = 28

Are we out of the -2 area for Azalia? If not, subtract 2. Since that roll is ALREADY worse than Drazh's roll, I don't think it will do much more damage to her ego.


| HP: 104/130 (158) | AC 24 (T17, FF 21) (+4 dodge vs giants) | CMB: +20 CMD: 34 | F:+12 (14*) R:+11 W:+12 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like, evil)| Init +3 | Perc +19*, SM +3, Bluff/Diplo. -1, Intim. +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Minor Aspect: 16/20, Wild Shape: 16/17 hours | Active Conditions: Claws, Chimeric Aspects, Haste, Bladethirst +3, Prayer

Ferocia follows behind, watching their rear as the others figure out how to open the door.


You're ok. Others will suffer soon I swear! ...Anneka it's your time to suffer -2 on attacks, skills and saves

Azalia finds no traps but as you examine the area the stone infront of you moves... grinding noises from points around the camber start as stone slides over stone.

Desiccated and dried corpses clad in strips of ragged linen and silk begin to emerge from the hidden rooms.

DC15 Knowledge Religion:

Created to guard the tombs of the honored dead, mummies are ever vigilant for those who would desecrate their sacred ground.

Mummies are created through a rather lengthy and gruesome embalming process, during which all of the body’s major organs are removed and replaced with dried herbs and flowers. After this process, the flesh is anointed with sacred oils and wrapped in purified linens. The creator then finishes the ritual with a create undead spell.

Although most mummies are created merely as guardians and remain loyal to their charge until their destruction, certain powerful mummies have much more free will. The majority are at least 10th-level clerics, and are often kings or pharaohs who have called upon dark gods or sinister necromancers to bind their souls to their bodies after death—usually as a means to extend their rule beyond the grave, but at times simply to escape what they fear will be an eternity of torment in their own afterlife.

Easily the most feared ability of mummies is their notorious curse: mummy rot. Both a disease and a curse, this affliction proves exceptionally difficult to cure, even for accomplished healers. Part of this blight’s infamy comes from the specifics of its symptoms. While many mummies cause a curse that gradually withers away its victims till nothing but desert sand remains, the affliction itself proves highly variable and unique to many atypical individuals. In each case, the effects prove the same, but the symptoms can be wildly distinctive.

Most types of mummy are vulnerable to fire.

Azalia Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Ferocia Initiatve: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Anneka Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Creydon Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Drazh Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Marten Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Monster Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Marten
Anneka
Azalia
Creydon
Ferocia
Drazh

Undead

Sovereign Court

Dwarven Stalwart Defender (6, lvl14) DR (1/-) Wounds (0) HP (154) Temp (28) AC35 (31/20/UD, +2 Adap, +1 Challenge, +2 Stance, +4 vs Giants) Saves (16/15/16, +2 Hardy) Adaptation (60 min) Challenge (1/1) Lvl 1 (0/2) Augment (3/3) VM (1/1) DS (7/15) Initiative (+6)

5ft step, Defensive Stance, Favored Enemy, attack orange

Hit: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (17) + 28 = 45
Good Aligned Damage: 2d6 + 28 ⇒ (2, 3) + 28 = 33
Holy vs evil: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9
Acid: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Iterative 1: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35
Good Aligned Damage: 2d6 + 28 ⇒ (1, 5) + 28 = 34
Holy vs evil: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4
Acid: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Iterative 2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Good Aligned Damage: 2d6 + 28 ⇒ (4, 6) + 28 = 38
Holy vs evil: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4
Acid: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Total Damage: 33 + 9 + 5 + 34 + 4 + 3 + 38 + 4 + 5 = 135

”Ach! Time to dance already?” Drazh laughed as he stepped forward and began swinging his hammer. With it he had fought giants and dragon alike. He felt confident that these foes would fare little better.


(-2 att/skills/saves) HP 87/87 | AC 21 T 13 FF 20 | F +8* R +8* W +13* | CMB +10 CMD 21 | Init +5 Perc +1* | Spells 7th 0/4 6th 2/6 5th 4/7 4th 4/8 3rd 6/8 2nd 6/8 1st 7/8 | Cloak of Darkness 13/15 | Wings of Darkness 13/15 | Nat. Divination 4/4 | Gift of Prophecy 1/1 | Medusa 1/1 | Sihedron 1/1 | Wand BE 38 | Wand CLW 36 | Wand CMW 54 | Wand LR 47

As they pass through the wall, Anneka can feel the menacing aura of the place slinking in around her. The shadows seem to ooze down from the walls, bleeding into her own and tainting it. Normally a source of inexplicable comfort and safety, now it seems as though her own shadow is stalking her. She glances over her shoulder frequently, just to ensure it isn't trying to sneak up on her.

As the undead burst from their crypt, Anneka utters a silent prayer to whomever or whatever is listening.

Casting prayer. +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks, and all enemies take -1 on same (no save).


Male NG Halfling Bard VMC Cavalier 14 (Order of the Dragon, Arcane Duelist) | HP: 82/101 Temp: 0 | AC: 31 (16 Tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +17, W: +14 | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +17 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 24/36 | Tactician: 2/3 | Spells: 1st 6/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 2/5, 4th 4/5, 5th 0/3 | Active conditions: 91/120 Protection from Cold

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Creydon flicks out his whip, already crackling with energy, as he raises his voice and moves his arms:

"They're already dead!"

Arcane strike, inspire courage +3, combat advice +2 to Ferocia's first attack. BP 31/36

AOO for +14 AC a go, DC 15 for Ferocia, DC 10 for others:

1d20 + 10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 3 + 1 = 28
1d20 + 10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 3 + 1 = 20
1d20 + 10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 3 + 1 = 27
1d20 + 10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 3 + 1 = 16


Maps Female Elf Eldritch Scoundrel Rogue 10 / Arcane Trickster 4 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 / T 17 / FF 16 | Fort +9 / Ref +19 / Will +11 | CMB +9 / CMD +23 | Initiative +5 | Perception +24 (+25 trapfinding) (Autocheck on magic traps) | Low-light Vision | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 4/5, 4th 5/5, 5th 3/3 | Active Effects: Detect Magic and See Invisibility (constant effect)

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Azalia casts burning hands, targeting red and yellow.

fire damage: 5d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 4, 4) = 17

DC 15 reflex for half damage


| HP: 104/130 (158) | AC 24 (T17, FF 21) (+4 dodge vs giants) | CMB: +20 CMD: 34 | F:+12 (14*) R:+11 W:+12 (+2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like, evil)| Init +3 | Perc +19*, SM +3, Bluff/Diplo. -1, Intim. +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Minor Aspect: 16/20, Wild Shape: 16/17 hours | Active Conditions: Claws, Chimeric Aspects, Haste, Bladethirst +3, Prayer

Ferocia steps forward and slashes at the white mummy as she activates her chimeric aspects.

Attack: 1d20 + 21 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 21 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 2 - 4 = 26
Magic Cold Iron Silver Slashing Damage (bypasses DR of evil): 1d10 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 8 + (5, 3) = 34

Attack: 1d20 + 21 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 21 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 2 - 4 = 31
Magic Cold Iron Silver Slashing Damage (bypasses DR of evil): 1d10 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 8 + (3, 1) = 31


Professor of Thassilonian Arcane Studies Human Evoker 14 ~ AC 21 (t 11, ff 20) | F+8, R+7, W+12 (+2 vs. mind affecting) | Init +8 | Per +18 | Versatile Evocation 11/12 | Elemental Manipulation 14/14 | HP 110/114

Sorry, short on time...

Marten casts halt undead on the three mummies closest to him pink, green, red.

DC 19 Will negates


Marten casts halt undead on the three mummies closest to him.
Will Save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Will Save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Will Save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Green and red are held so...

As they pass through the wall, Anneka can feel the menacing aura of the place slinking in around her. The shadows seem to ooze down from the walls, bleeding into her own and tainting it. Normally a source of inexplicable comfort and safety, now it seems as though her own shadow is stalking her. She glances over her shoulder frequently, just to ensure it isn't trying to sneak up on her.

As the undead burst from their crypt, Anneka utters a silent prayer to whomever or whatever is listening.

Azalia casts burning hands, targeting red and yellow.
Reflex: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 1 = 22
Reflex: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 1 = 15

Creydon flicks out his whip, already crackling with energy, as he raises his voice and moves his arms:

"They're already dead!"

Ferocia steps forward and slashes at the white mummy as she activates her chimeric aspects.

”Ach! Time to dance already?” Drazh laughed as he stepped forward and began swinging his hammer. With it he had fought giants and dragon alike. He felt confident that these foes would fare little better.

Wherever the undead attack Creydons whip cracks at them. The two frozen mummies begin to move once more.
Slam Vs Azalia: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33
Slam Vs Marten: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21
Slam Vs Drazh: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37
Slam Vs Ferocia: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21
Slam Vs Ferocia: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30
Damn halfling...
Will Save: 1d20 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 13 - 1 = 27
Will Save: 1d20 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 13 - 1 = 17

Marten
Anneka
Azalia
Creydon
Ferocia
Drazh

Undead Red -12HP, Yellow -12, White -26. Negatives from prayer.

Sovereign Court

Dwarven Stalwart Defender (6, lvl14) DR (1/-) Wounds (0) HP (154) Temp (28) AC35 (31/20/UD, +2 Adap, +1 Challenge, +2 Stance, +4 vs Giants) Saves (16/15/16, +2 Hardy) Adaptation (60 min) Challenge (1/1) Lvl 1 (0/2) Augment (3/3) VM (1/1) DS (7/15) Initiative (+6)

Yellow then brown. Also...Craydon saving our arses!

Hit: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (10) + 29 = 39
Good Aligned Damage: 2d6 + 29 ⇒ (2, 5) + 29 = 36
Holy vs evil: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7
Acid: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Iterative 1: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23
Good Aligned Damage: 2d6 + 29 ⇒ (4, 4) + 29 = 37
Holy vs evil: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8
Acid: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Iterative 2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Good Aligned Damage: 2d6 + 29 ⇒ (5, 1) + 29 = 35
Holy vs evil: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7
Acid: 1d6 ⇒ 3

The return attacks from the mummies were brutal, and if not for a combination of experience, armor, and Craydon’s magic, they all would have been bludgeoned. As it was, Drazh was only able to get in a single good hit, given how the foe was forcing him into the back foot.

4,701 to 4,750 of 4,832 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.