DM Carbide's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master John Woodford

COMBAT MAP

SANDPOINT MAP

SANDPOINT AND ENVIRONS


751 to 800 of 984 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Skills:
(Acro -3/-5; Climb +4[+6]; Diplo: +1; Intim +6; Kn(Arcana) +4; SenMot +1; Surv: +6; Swim: +0[+2])
Male Dwarf Bloodrager (Primalist) 2
Vitals:
(HP: 23[29]/23[29] AC: 18[16]/11[9]/17[15] - Uncanny Dodge; Percep: +6; Init: +1; Fort +5[+8], Ref: +2, Will: +1[+3]; CMD: 16[18] (+4 v. trip/bullrush); CMB +5[+7]; Speed: 30)

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Garrick raises his shield, selecting away some of the acid stream.

The flames reform in his hand and he throws again, then starts trying to walk around the beast to strike with his axe.

Produce Flame: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Ilryan North | Male CG Human Oracle 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | CMD 13| F +2 R +2 W +3; | Init +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Healer’s Way 5/5; Spells: 1st 3/5 | Active Conditions: none.

Ilryan circles the create and strikes out from the flank.

Flank, bless
starknife: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 23 for piercing: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Female Human Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade/Noble Fencer) 1/Investigator (Empiricist) 1 [HP: 15/18 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 | CMB:+1 | CMD:13 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 | Will:+2 | Init:+2 | Perc:+5/+7 in the dark (Darkvision)| Spd 30]

Nia should get to go after the goblin moves for round 1, so I'm going to do 2 sets of actions.

After the goblin spits its acid, Nia rushes down the steps, blade flashing as she rushes to flank the monster. (Round 1, move into the room)

She circles around to Ilryan's right, striking out with deadly grace as she dances around the grates on the floor. (Round 2, move and attack- sadly, no flanking buddy)

Rapier PS: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Garrick, not that I expect this to be a problem, but since you took any damage you have to make a Fort save to avoid being nauseated for the round.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

Vidar remains behind, observing.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Nia, if you delay until after the goblin acted, your position in the initiative order changes to follow it. You can't take two sets of actions before its next action.


Skills:
(Acro -3/-5; Climb +4[+6]; Diplo: +1; Intim +6; Kn(Arcana) +4; SenMot +1; Surv: +6; Swim: +0[+2])
Male Dwarf Bloodrager (Primalist) 2
Vitals:
(HP: 23[29]/23[29] AC: 18[16]/11[9]/17[15] - Uncanny Dodge; Percep: +6; Init: +1; Fort +5[+8], Ref: +2, Will: +1[+3]; CMD: 16[18] (+4 v. trip/bullrush); CMB +5[+7]; Speed: 30)

Sorry. Misread that and thought it was only on failed save.

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Female Human Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade/Noble Fencer) 1/Investigator (Empiricist) 1 [HP: 15/18 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 | CMB:+1 | CMD:13 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 | Will:+2 | Init:+2 | Perc:+5/+7 in the dark (Darkvision)| Spd 30]

Oh, right. Yeah, she'll move and attack after the goblin's next move.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Go ahead and move yourself up for your Round 1 action, Nia.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade/Noble Fencer) 1/Investigator (Empiricist) 1 [HP: 15/18 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 | CMB:+1 | CMD:13 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 | Will:+2 | Init:+2 | Perc:+5/+7 in the dark (Darkvision)| Spd 30]

Moved for round 1.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Round 2 (ongoing):

Vidar-delaying
Garrick-acted
Ilryan-acted
Goblin-acted
Apollonia

Garrick hits the goblin with more fire and Ilryan stabs it.

The misshapen goblin cuts and chops at Garrick with all of its weapons. Apparently multiple arms do not make for high accuracy, though, and it lands only a shallow slash with its dagger for 2 HP. Then it retreats out of the flank.

Nia is up!

Dice rolls:
Sword to Garrick: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Axe to Garrick: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Dagger to Garrick: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Dagger damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Goblinoid: AC 16 T 12 FF 14 HP: -15


Female Human Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade/Noble Fencer) 1/Investigator (Empiricist) 1 [HP: 15/18 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 | CMB:+1 | CMD:13 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 | Will:+2 | Init:+2 | Perc:+5/+7 in the dark (Darkvision)| Spd 30]

Nia whirls and sprints to cut the goblin off from any escape route and cuts at it with her rapier.

Moved for round 2. Can I just use those rolls from above for her attack?

Acrobatics to avoid AoO when she moves out of threatened square at goblin's SW corner: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Sure. Let's get this over with.

Nia barely avoids an attack of opportunity and stabs the goblin.

Everyone else can act!


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

Vidar does not like the idea of spending his magic too freely, as it was a very limited resource.
At the same time, this conflict needed to end, and they could always retreat to recuperate, so...

Magic missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Vidar's magic missile proves to be too much for the goblin, and it falls.

Out of combat!

You soon realize that its wounds are knitting together at unnatural speed, and Garrick puts a stop to that by severing its head.


Skills:
(Acro -3/-5; Climb +4[+6]; Diplo: +1; Intim +6; Kn(Arcana) +4; SenMot +1; Surv: +6; Swim: +0[+2])
Male Dwarf Bloodrager (Primalist) 2
Vitals:
(HP: 23[29]/23[29] AC: 18[16]/11[9]/17[15] - Uncanny Dodge; Percep: +6; Init: +1; Fort +5[+8], Ref: +2, Will: +1[+3]; CMD: 16[18] (+4 v. trip/bullrush); CMB +5[+7]; Speed: 30)

Garrick watches the neck a moment to make sure that there's no more healing, then says, "It healed, sort of like I do when I'm raging... Don't think I've ever heard of a goblin doing that "


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

In the silence following the battle, all of you can hear movement under each of the wooden screens.


Skills:
(Acro -3/-5; Climb +4[+6]; Diplo: +1; Intim +6; Kn(Arcana) +4; SenMot +1; Surv: +6; Swim: +0[+2])
Male Dwarf Bloodrager (Primalist) 2
Vitals:
(HP: 23[29]/23[29] AC: 18[16]/11[9]/17[15] - Uncanny Dodge; Percep: +6; Init: +1; Fort +5[+8], Ref: +2, Will: +1[+3]; CMD: 16[18] (+4 v. trip/bullrush); CMB +5[+7]; Speed: 30)

Garrick suggests, "We might want to back out of here.."


Female Human Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade/Noble Fencer) 1/Investigator (Empiricist) 1 [HP: 15/18 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 | CMB:+1 | CMD:13 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 | Will:+2 | Init:+2 | Perc:+5/+7 in the dark (Darkvision)| Spd 30]

"It must be the magic that gave it extra arms." Nia kicks the goblin's corpse and looks it over for valuables. Once she's done with that she carefully looks down through one of the screens, taking care to not actually stand on one.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 +2 if it's dark down there


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Nia sees a humanoid figure moving around at the bottom of the pit.

DC 11 Knowledge (Religion):
It's a zombie.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade/Noble Fencer) 1/Investigator (Empiricist) 1 [HP: 15/18 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 | CMB:+1 | CMD:13 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 | Will:+2 | Init:+2 | Perc:+5/+7 in the dark (Darkvision)| Spd 30]

Kn:Rel: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 8 + (4) = 23

Nia flinched back from the pit. "It's a zombie!" She went over to gingerly look down into the next pit over to see if it, too, held a zombie.

How deep is the pit and how strong do these grates look?


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

"Is there any way for the zombie to escape? If it had been capable, should it not have already attacked the goblin?"


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Every one of the pits holds a single zombie. The sides of the pits are smooth enough that the creatures are unable to climb out, though.


Ilryan North | Male CG Human Oracle 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | CMD 13| F +2 R +2 W +3; | Init +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Healer’s Way 5/5; Spells: 1st 3/5 | Active Conditions: none.

"Odd thing to keep down here. I'm all for killing zombies, but I think we should find out what's behind these strange occurrences first."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

"Assuming there is no hidden mechanism to raise the zombies up or otherwise release them, I say we can safely ignore them for now."

"Did the goblin have anything of interest?"


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Currently unable to check the book, so there may be more than this.

The goblin's weapons may be of interest. Its dagger has a silvered blade, and its handaxe and longsword are both very well balanced.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade/Noble Fencer) 1/Investigator (Empiricist) 1 [HP: 15/18 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 | CMB:+1 | CMD:13 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 | Will:+2 | Init:+2 | Perc:+5/+7 in the dark (Darkvision)| Spd 30]

Nia nods in agreement with Vidar. "They're down there, we're up here. I'm happy to leave them alone." She whistles appreciatively at the goblin's gear. "Very nice weapons, especially for a goblin."


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

There is nothing else of interest on the goblin, or in the room.


Skills:
(Acro -3/-5; Climb +4[+6]; Diplo: +1; Intim +6; Kn(Arcana) +4; SenMot +1; Surv: +6; Swim: +0[+2])
Male Dwarf Bloodrager (Primalist) 2
Vitals:
(HP: 23[29]/23[29] AC: 18[16]/11[9]/17[15] - Uncanny Dodge; Percep: +6; Init: +1; Fort +5[+8], Ref: +2, Will: +1[+3]; CMD: 16[18] (+4 v. trip/bullrush); CMB +5[+7]; Speed: 30)

Garrick says, "Seems to me this is the sort of thing that would make excellent training for one of the Father's acolytes.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade/Noble Fencer) 1/Investigator (Empiricist) 1 [HP: 15/18 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 | CMB:+1 | CMD:13 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 | Will:+2 | Init:+2 | Perc:+5/+7 in the dark (Darkvision)| Spd 30]

Nia nods at Garrick and gestures at the goblin's weapons. "Anyone want this handaxe or longsword? I'd like the silver dagger if no one minds."

Is the silver dagger also MW or just the handaxe and longsword?


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

The dagger is not masterwork.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

Suspiciously, Vidar narrows his eyes and focuses a tiny bit of magic through his gaze.
Detect magic


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

The sword has a magical aura.

Was wondering if you were going to do that.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

"Hmm, let me have that sword for a moment..."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

"Hmmph, this blade is enchanted, but...I cannot...quite...
No, I cannot quite make out the aura at this point."


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Where to now?


Female Human Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade/Noble Fencer) 1/Investigator (Empiricist) 1 [HP: 15/18 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 | CMB:+1 | CMD:13 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 | Will:+2 | Init:+2 | Perc:+5/+7 in the dark (Darkvision)| Spd 30]

South down the hallway to the next room!

Once the others are ready and the goblin's weapons are distributed- with the silver dagger tucked into her belt opposite her rapier- Nia pulls up her hood and slips down the hallway to scout ahead.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 +2 in the dark
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 +2 in the dark


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Nia hears nothing down the corridor. She makes her way south, going past a branch to the east, and ahead of her she sees a closed door. The branch to the east leads to a spiral staircase leading down. However, a few steps down the staircase the ceiling has collapsed, blocking the passage with rubble.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade/Noble Fencer) 1/Investigator (Empiricist) 1 [HP: 15/18 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 | CMB:+1 | CMD:13 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 | Will:+2 | Init:+2 | Perc:+5/+7 in the dark (Darkvision)| Spd 30]

Nia returns to the group. "Stairs blocked by rubble to the left, a door straight down the passageway." She nods her head to the south. "Let's go see what's inside."


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

The party forms up in the hall. Nia listens at the door but hears nothing, and does not find any traps. Garrick opens the door, ready to attack or defend as necessary.

As it happens, neither of those options are required. The room revealed is an odd one, though--it's a sphere, fifteen feet in diameter, and the door is on the room's equator. Several objects float around the center of the room, spinning lazily in space: a ragged book, a scroll, a bottle that looks like it's made to hold wine (you can't make out the label from where you are), a dead raven surrounded by a halo of writhing maggots, and a short length of twisted iron rod with a forked tip. The walls are plated with sheets of strange red metal that ripple every few seconds with silent arcs of black fire. The arcs seem to coalesce into strange runes or even words far too often for the effect to be chance.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade/Noble Fencer) 1/Investigator (Empiricist) 1 [HP: 15/18 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 | CMB:+1 | CMD:13 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 | Will:+2 | Init:+2 | Perc:+5/+7 in the dark (Darkvision)| Spd 30]

Nia stares at the room, eyes wide as she catalogs the floating items and silent black fire.

Um. Kn:Arcana or Spellcraft to ID what the hell is going on here? Or... I don't know. Perception to see if there's some kind of timing or pattern to the fire?

Kn:Arcana: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 8 + (4) = 20
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 9 + (2) = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Apollonia realizes that the words are in Thassilonian--they are entirely terms relating to anger and revenge. The effect is likely to be some sort of levitation spell.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

"How fascinating...the runes surely are Thassilonian, I have learned the language during my studies."

Running a hand over his beard, Vidar frowns.
"I wonder if it is possible to retrieve the items safely? There might be magic in them, but it is most likely impossible to detect the specific effects while they remain in that...effect."


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Noting that the maggots seem to be quite alive, Vidar doesn't think there's anything particularly harmful about floating in the chamber.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

Tentatively reaching out, Vidar makes a grab for the book.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Vidar, the book is a few feet past where you can reach. However, you feel nothing painful as you reach into the room (though it feels like your hand is floating).


Skills:
(Acro -3/-5; Climb +4[+6]; Diplo: +1; Intim +6; Kn(Arcana) +4; SenMot +1; Surv: +6; Swim: +0[+2])
Male Dwarf Bloodrager (Primalist) 2
Vitals:
(HP: 23[29]/23[29] AC: 18[16]/11[9]/17[15] - Uncanny Dodge; Percep: +6; Init: +1; Fort +5[+8], Ref: +2, Will: +1[+3]; CMD: 16[18] (+4 v. trip/bullrush); CMB +5[+7]; Speed: 30)

Garrick says, "I'd offer to knock it out of there, but I'd worry it's wreck the thing."


Ilryan North | Male CG Human Oracle 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | CMD 13| F +2 R +2 W +3; | Init +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Healer’s Way 5/5; Spells: 1st 3/5 | Active Conditions: none.

"I am willing to grab the objects. The effect is fascinating, though its cause seems horrible."

Ilryan will tie a rope around his waist and venture into the sphere to get the items.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Ilryan floats out into the chamber, retrieves any items of interest, and is able to pull himself back/be pulled back without incident.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

What is Ilryan extracting?


Ilryan North | Male CG Human Oracle 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | CMD 13| F +2 R +2 W +3; | Init +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Healer’s Way 5/5; Spells: 1st 3/5 | Active Conditions: none.

I'll go for the book first, though if he's floating there he'd try to gather the book, scroll, rod, and bottle, in that order.

751 to 800 of 984 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Georgette's RotR Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.