Rise of the New Runelords

Game Master Harakani

Kingdom Map (now with Loy's family notes AND the Runelord's Route)
Kingdom Turn
Minions Page

[ ]Forsten [ ]Anglon [ ]Valerianna [ ]Denat [ ]Ronald [ ]Simon [ ]Grey
[ ]Zekat [ ]Legion [ ]Molly [ ]Grey Horror [ ]GreyServants [HQ]ZomBees
Fight Map


651 to 700 of 1,710 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

In draconic:

"We all speak the language. We are educated and learned. We are powerful allies and wish to be allies with you also. Together we can do great things. "


Male Human Cleric 7 Hierophant 2 / F+7,R+4,W+12 / AC 17/10/17 CMD 16 / HP 48/48 / Init +2 Per +5 / Spells 7/7,6/6,4/4,3/3 / Bursts 6/6 / Mythic Power 7/7

Anglon continues to stand by his friends, completely oblivious to what is happening. Every time he makes eye contact with one of the kobolds, he simply smiles and nods. He has never been more confused in his life, but is happy just to be a part of this.
I do not speak draconic.


F Human Kinetecist (pyrokineticist) 17

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Taerine looks around unhappily as she finds herself in a cave unlike any she's been in since childhood. She's quickly hopelessly lost though she's sure Thkrull could find their way out of here if he had to.

Arioch speaks so well. I wish I could be so helpful.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 82, AC 32/16/25, F+10, R+13, W+7, Init +6, Per +7

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Huh. These caves are twisty. Oh well. I'm sure Taerine's paying attention and can find our way out. Worst comes to worst, I guess there are a lot of kobolds I could eat if we had to.

I wonder what kobold tastes like. Probably chicken. Everything tastes like chicken. I wonder why. I wonder if chicken tastes like something else. Why do we say everything tastes like chicken? Maybe chicken tastes like kobold...

Thkrull aimlessly thinks about eating, waiting for Taerine to need him to eat a kobold.


Male Human Wizard (conjurer) 8/ Archmage 3

Survival, less than 15: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Perception: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Denat finds himself totally lost in the twisting tunnels.
I hope we won't have to flee those caves. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to find my way out. If only I could do something useful.


HP 36/36, Temp HP 7, AC 12, +0 Fort, +1 Ref, +4 Will, Mythic 6/7, Command 10/10, Bolster 10/10

Know: Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Know: Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Legion stays with me. It leaves a few Servants behind with the weapons. In fact...


At every fork in the tunnel and every large twist, Legion copies itself. The translucent copies fade from view and remain in place to lead Grey and the others back out, should the need to make an escape.


Man, I hate to do this but " If you attempt to send it beyond the spell's range (measured from your current position), the servant ceases to exist." 35ft range


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Lets not get too sidetracked.

"What say you?" to the Kobold shaman


F Human Kinetecist (pyrokineticist) 17

Good call


this isn't the shaman
The kobold looks doubtful.

Draconic:

"Allies would be good. Will you join the War?"

From Simon's side your guide pipes up excitedly
draconic:

"I think they might be able to do something for Chief Sootscale!"

The Kobold in your way hisses
draconic:

"Fool! Tartuk says Chief Sootscale is cursed for losing the Status of Old Sharptooth! He says trying to stop the curse will anger the God!"

Pikmik looks down at the floor, then quietly says to the group.
draconic:

"This is true. With Chief's death Shaman Tartuk will be Chief, and Tartuk has said no-one can help Chief Sootscale till the statue is returned. Only a very strong Person could stand against Tartuk when he is backed by Old Sharptooth."


F Human Kinetecist (pyrokineticist) 17

What war? What statue?

Taerine almost starts to ask, but realizes she'll probably just cause problems when Arioch seems to be getting along so well with the kobolds.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 82, AC 32/16/25, F+10, R+13, W+7, Init +6, Per +7

I wish I had some chicken.

Thkrull eyes the closest kobold.


HP 36/36, Temp HP 7, AC 12, +0 Fort, +1 Ref, +4 Will, Mythic 6/7, Command 10/10, Bolster 10/10

Grey was not a diplomat. Many questions rose in his mind, but he said nothing.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Though, not a diplomat that's never stopped Simon from speaking his mind before.

"Who are you fighting and what statue?"


Male Human Wizard (conjurer) 8/ Archmage 3

Denat stays silent but listens and observes.


Pikmik somehow looks embarassed
"אנחנו נלחמים פיי הקטן עם בעלי ברית באגים. אנו קוראים להם Uglies. את Uglies גנבה את פסלו של אלוהים, Sharptooth הישן שלנו.אמא אומר שאנחנו נענשים על ידי Sharptooth הישן עבור לאבד את הפסל."

draconic:

"We're fighting small fey with bug allies. We call them uglies. The uglies stole the statue of our god, Old Sharptooth. The Shaman says we are being punished by Old Sharptooth for losing the statue."


Considering Pikmik's words, Arioch queries further. "כמה זמן הפסל הזה היה ביניכם? אולי, אם בעלי מלאכתך גילף אותו, הם עשויים לסלול אחר?" Contemplating the foe, he considers.
Very small, ugly few who like vermin...
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21, to try & recall what Fey Pikmik might be referring to.

"איפה לעשות את אלה ...
Uglies,
לציית?"

Draconic:
"How long has this statue been among you? Perhaps, if your artisans carved it, they might carve another?"
"Where do these...
Uglies,
abide?"


Male Human Cleric 7 Hierophant 2 / F+7,R+4,W+12 / AC 17/10/17 CMD 16 / HP 48/48 / Init +2 Per +5 / Spells 7/7,6/6,4/4,3/3 / Bursts 6/6 / Mythic Power 7/7

Anglon leans over and whispers to Denat.
"I think things are going well."


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Remembering his cold iron Lucerne hammer Simon thinks "Fey, huh?"

In common to his companions, "perhaps we can broker a truce. Or at the very least side with the most compliant. The kobolds are more likely to fit that bill. Fey are capticious. "


Nodding at Simon's words. "Thasillon was founded on a principle that many different peoples, working together, would be stronger than only one people."


Arioch:
Mites. Vicious little fey who delight in pain and insects.


Oh joy. Evil Smu-- Can't say it.

Considering momentarily, Arioch narrows his eyes as he shares his suspicions. "I think we will want to make an exception in this case however. I suspect the 'uglies' Pikmik is talking about to be Mites. Even more unreasonable & maliciously destructive than most Fey."


F Human Kinetecist (pyrokineticist) 17

"Surely we could just heal their chief, couldn't we? Is it really our place to get involved?"


Male Human Cleric 7 Hierophant 2 / F+7,R+4,W+12 / AC 17/10/17 CMD 16 / HP 48/48 / Init +2 Per +5 / Spells 7/7,6/6,4/4,3/3 / Bursts 6/6 / Mythic Power 7/7

If Taerine is speaking in common.
"I could always take a look."


F Human Kinetecist (pyrokineticist) 17

She is.


HP 36/36, Temp HP 7, AC 12, +0 Fort, +1 Ref, +4 Will, Mythic 6/7, Command 10/10, Bolster 10/10

"If there are mites nearby, they will be quite disruptive to our work. Seeing them destroyed would build the foundation of a alliance, and also be in our best interests. Curing the kobold chief would likely gain us the tribe's full trust."


Male Human Wizard (conjurer) 8/ Archmage 3

"I agree."


to check: people are talking amongst themselves in front of the kobold in Taldan?


HP 36/36, Temp HP 7, AC 12, +0 Fort, +1 Ref, +4 Will, Mythic 6/7, Command 10/10, Bolster 10/10

Quietly, but yes. Grey hasn't said anything that needs to be hidden, and he doesn't actually really care what the kobolds think. To him this is all just an exercise in cost-benefit analysis.


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Quietly and in common, but yea.


F Human Kinetecist (pyrokineticist) 17

Same here.


Yes. When I don't make an effort to present the language as something else, I am speaking Common/Taldan

"Then we have no objections to the proverbial 'Two birds, one stone' approach to this by offering to cement our alliance by removing these pests & perhaps returning the Kobold's idol to them?"


Male Human Wizard (conjurer) 8/ Archmage 3

"It would be a pleasure."


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

In draconic to the shaman,

"We'll do it. "


This isn't the shaman! Though I guess you don't know that...
The guard nods happily and tugs on a small rope.
"ברוכים הבאים למלחמה".

draconic:

"Welcome to the war."

A makeshift door creaks open and beyond lies a few dirty pallets with suffering Kobolds on them.
The Kobolds inside hiss at the light as the door opens.
Pikmik nods, and leads the group inside, to the side of one unconcious black-scaled Kobold.
""זה ראשי. הוא נעקץ ברגלו על ידי צרעה גדולה. גדול כראשי! הוא הלך מחוסר הכרה מהרעל, וכשהוא התעורר הוא היה חולה מאוד. קשרנו חבל סביב הרגל שלו כדי לעצור את הרעל"
draconic:

"This is the Chief. He was stung in the leg by a big Wasp. Big as the Chief! He went unconcious from the poison, and when he woke up he was very sick. We tied rope around his leg to stop the poison"

Heal DC 15:

Even a cursory glance reveals the kobold is not long for this world. A tourniquet tied tightly around the right knee, and another around the right thigh, has pretty much guaranteed that it will lose the leg. A puckered mark in the right calf appears to be some sort of sting, gone septic. The kobold is obviously feverish, breathing shallowly, and the scales on his extermities are different colours.
The Kobold has taken a lot of con damage and is currently at con 2. Kobold has also taken HP damage. With some time a more detailed examination can be performed.


Male Human Cleric 7 Hierophant 2 / F+7,R+4,W+12 / AC 17/10/17 CMD 16 / HP 48/48 / Init +2 Per +5 / Spells 7/7,6/6,4/4,3/3 / Bursts 6/6 / Mythic Power 7/7

Heal: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
In common:
"He doesn't have long. There is not much I can do for that leg, but it looks like he has been stung by something. I can heal him and try to restore his vitality, but that leg..." Anglon trails off slowly shaking his head.


F Human Kinetecist (pyrokineticist) 17

"Do you have any idea what stung him? Is it poison? If so, can we heal it?" Taerine asks in common.


"כאות של רצון טוב, אנו עשויים לספק את מה שאנחנו יכולים כדי סיוע הראש שלך לפני שאנו מחפשים את אלה 'חוטאים'?" Arioch asks the Kobold guard after hearing Anglon's words. Clapping Anglon on the shoulder, he continues. "Not to worry my friend, every scourge is merely a sign of our continued utility to our Lady is it not?"

Draconic:
"As a sign of good faith, may we provide what aid we can to your chief before we seek out these 'Uglies'?"


anglon:

On further examination (assuming you do)...
a strange vein-like bulge around the knee suggests a displaced tendon. A very gentle touch to check solidity causes the vein to writhe and move under the skin, moving up the leg and sinking back into the meat of the leg.
Even more examination reveals a few points elsewhere in the leg that could be more of these veins.
If you knew what stung him it would be helpful... but at the moment it seems there is some sort of parasite living in the leg, feeding on the living and gangrenous tissues. There is a good chance they have not gotten past the upper tourniquet given how tight it is tied and Kobold physiology.


Male Human Cleric 7 Hierophant 2 / F+7,R+4,W+12 / AC 17/10/17 CMD 16 / HP 48/48 / Init +2 Per +5 / Spells 7/7,6/6,4/4,3/3 / Bursts 6/6 / Mythic Power 7/7

"I need to know what stung him. I don't want to alarm anyone, and they appear to not understand common, but I think something is in his leg. Some kind of organism or parasite slowly eating it. I don't think it will make it past the tourniquet, but does anyone have a knife or dagger, or anything small and sharp? Perhaps one of you could ask them nicely and tell them that I need to operate on and will do all that I can to not hurt him and save what I can of his leg."
I have a healing kit, but I think it's just herbs and bandages. Any chance it has a scalpel?


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

Simon Says matter-of-factly in Draconic,

"Your shaman has something in his leg that needs to be cut out. In order to help him, My companion will need a clean sharp knife and some space to work. "

SImon flatly looks at the Pikman, obviously waiting a response.

In common to the group, "I have a wand that can help keep him stabilized and heal damage to him as you cut the thing out of his leg." Infernal Healing


HP 36/36, Temp HP 7, AC 12, +0 Fort, +1 Ref, +4 Will, Mythic 6/7, Command 10/10, Bolster 10/10

Grey passes Anglon an ornate folding straight razor made of magically hardened bone. It is a tool exactly made for this purpose.

"If you can reveal the parasite, I believe I can remove it with minimal risk to the host."


Male Human Cleric 7 Hierophant 2 / F+7,R+4,W+12 / AC 17/10/17 CMD 16 / HP 48/48 / Init +2 Per +5 / Spells 7/7,6/6,4/4,3/3 / Bursts 6/6 / Mythic Power 7/7

Anglon takes out an empty flask and fills it with clean water. He waits for Simon to use his wand to keep the chief stable and takes the ornate razor from Grey. "Try to stay calm" he tells the chief.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
The wounded kobold may not understand him, but looks a little nervous. Anglon illuminates the razor to ensure he can see what he is doing. "Could someone hold him please?"
Heal: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Create water to fill the flask to wash the razor and clean the area. Light on the razor to see better. After the surgery I can cast cure light wounds and lesser restoration.
Cure light wounds: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Lesser restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 1


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

In Draconic to the shaman,

"He says stay calm. This is going to hurt, but you have to stay still. Someone's going to hold you down just in case. "

Simon says in his matter-of-fact tone.


Anglon reveals himself a consumate - if disturbing - professional.
The initial incisions are clean and straight. Once cut the skin is carefully folded back. Anglon notices the smell is less than he would have expected in such a gangrenous area.

The reason for that becomes all too clear. A larvae-something now revealed by the exposed skin starts to wriggle away. Behind it the remnants of muscle tissue fold back in, revealing it is literally eating its way through the host. A nearby vein pulses for a second, and the thin skin bulges as another, slightly smaller, larvae pushes deeper into the skin.

Anglon calls on Simon to carefully freeze the larvae solid - stopping it from thrashing about and doing more injury. Then another incision, another larvae found and stopped.

Anglon has been working for perhaps three minutes on the chief when another Kobold - this one purple, and dressed in primitive ceremonial gear - bursts through the doorway.

"Tartuk" Pikmik whines fearfully.
Tartuk is the Shaman


"אה, טוב. אתה כאן עכשיו. נסה לא לדחוף את חבר שלי, שהוא מקבל די נסער כאשר מישהו מפריע לו במסגרת פעילות. אתה יודע כמה אמנים הם..."
Perform (Oratory) in place of Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29, trying to find out if he is simply trying to maintain power, or something deeper.
Perform (Oratory) in place of Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22, trying to keep him calm & prevent an outburst.

Draconic:
"Oh good. You're here now. Try not to jostle my friend, he gets quite upset when someone interrupts him in the course of an activity. You know how artists are..."


M
Stats:
AC 33 ;touch 23;flat-footed 27;Fort+8,Ref+10,Will+11; Init+6; Percep +23;CMB+7;CMD33
eldritch knight 7/monk (sohei) 1/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer, wildblooded) 1

in Draconic:

"Also, we're here to help."

Simon says dryly.


F Human Kinetecist (pyrokineticist) 17

Taerine blanches at the surgery, hoping it will be over soon.

She looks around as she realizes the fear in Pikmek's voice.

Don't think she'd have any reaction to Tartuk arriving.


HP 82, AC 32/16/25, F+10, R+13, W+7, Init +6, Per +7

Feeling her concern, Thkrull moves closer to Taerine, ready to protect her if need be.

651 to 700 of 1,710 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rise of the New Runelords, Volume One All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.