Revival of the Runelords

Game Master Cellion

(RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (RotRL Loot Log)

INIT template:
[dice=Kargas]d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Flo]d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Colvyn]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Kellek]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Guiness]d20+1[/dice]


4,601 to 4,650 of 4,920 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>

BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 16/16 l 68/68hp l F +11 R +6 W +6 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +12 CMD24 l Atk +13 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager6 l 55/55hp l F +9 R +6 W +4 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +10 CMD22 l Perc +9 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +13

Uncoiling the loop of rope from his belt, Kargas' eyes fades back to their normal hue as he motions for Iesha to turn around. "You almost had me, but Flor knows what's what."


Lauranna Female Human Cleric (evangelist) of Chaldira Zuzaristan 4 | hp 34 | AC 15 T 10 FF 15 | CMD 15 | F +6 R +1 W +10 (+2 v death) | Spd 30' | Init +0 | KnNat +4, KnPla +3, KnRel +3, Perc +3, SensM +3 | Luck 7/7 | Chan 5/5 | Perf 12/12 | wand clw 34/50 |

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

He takes 10 if able otherwise:
knowledge (local): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

The old woman steps to the front door (5-feet, free-ish action) throws it open (move-ish action), and depending on what she sees casts a spell. (Possibly color spray but I'm not quite sure until Kellek can see who, or what there is to be ensorcelled/flambéd.)

concentration (if needed): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 4 / Trapper 2 | hp 41/41 | AC19 T15 FF 15 CMD 14 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +7 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (+3 vs traps) D.D +15 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/5, Fervor 1d6 3/4 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith | Level 2 : Cat's Grace

Colvyn moves to the back door. Once there, he looks at the woman and then a Kargas. Without a word, he nods at Kargas and points at the woman then at the door to the kitchen.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Guiness hauls Aldern's body upstairs, locating a sitting room for two as the first available room.

Meanwhile Iesha fearfully consents to being tied, and with Colvyn's urging she's pushed into the kitchen (which still smells of the wonderful scents of baking).

Kellek immediately unlocks and opens the front door. Standing in front of the door, hand still raised, is a middle aged man in the livery of the Magnimaran city guard. Two younger guards stand next to him. All three have longswords out, prepared for trouble. However, the sight of a gnarled old woman at the door gives them a brief moment of pause.

I'm assuming you don't color spray the Guard. If you want to color spray the Guard, we can walk back the following.

The lead guard looks at Kellek, gives a perfunctory smile and asks "Ma'am, we're responding to an assault. People nearby said it came from this dwelling - the Foxglove estate. What can you tell us?" He looks past Kellek into the house and spots Flo and Kargas still in the hall. Iesha and Aldern are both out of sight by this point. "And who might you be?"

The junior guard nudges his leader and makes a quick hand sign. The head guard frowns but otherwise doesn't respond.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 17| F: +8 R: +5 W: +11 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +19, Sense Motive +13; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 4/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Bless 29/50

Looking back at the door, her vision tunnels briefly as she sees not one, but three guardsmen in the doorway. Her heartbeat is suddenly awfully loud in her head and time slows to a miserable crawl. Ok Kellek, let's see what you've got... Would they believe we're friends of the Foxgloves? They did have a table set for us, but they're probably going to want to see them. If only we had proof that these people are fakes!


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Holding off for you guys to act.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Lauranna Female Human Cleric (evangelist) of Chaldira Zuzaristan 4 | hp 34 | AC 15 T 10 FF 15 | CMD 15 | F +6 R +1 W +10 (+2 v death) | Spd 30' | Init +0 | KnNat +4, KnPla +3, KnRel +3, Perc +3, SensM +3 | Luck 7/7 | Chan 5/5 | Perf 12/12 | wand clw 34/50 |

Looks over his spell options.... Looks over his fellow adventurers' spell options.... Looks back at his own options again (it makes him feel better). Well, fireball certainly seems appropriate....

Somewhere in the back of his mind Kellek wonders how he keeps getting into these situations.

"Oh, right. I don't. It's everyone else who goes off like a half-cocked crossbow into situations they are not prepared for." the old woman seems to angrily mutter to herself, before looking up surprised at the guard. "My, that was fast. Just in the nick of time."

GM Cellion wrote:

The lead guard looks at Kellek, gives a perfunctory smile and asks "Ma'am, we're responding to an assault. People nearby said it came from this dwelling - the Foxglove estate. What can you tell us?" He looks past Kellek into the house and spots Flo and Kargas still in the hall. Iesha and Aldern are both out of sight by this point. "And who might you be?"

The junior guard nudges his leader and makes a quick hand sign. The head guard frowns but otherwise doesn't respond.

"Who me? I'm the porch repair woman." Kellek smiles toothlessly.

"I've got my bricklayer's guild certificate, right here."

Move action. Pulls a scroll from his case presenting the back side of it.

Standard action. Read create pit (DC 16, CL 4, Target: obvious).

I'm not sure that he needs a concentration check to cast it defensively as no one has gone yet. If so cast defensive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 6 | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 23 (Touch 12, FF 21) | Hp: 70/76 | Fort: +9, Reflex +4, Will +7 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 21 | | Melee +12/+7 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +10 Helmet 1d4+3 (+5 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +8 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +9 | Character Sheet | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History/Nobility/Linguistics +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Guiness is upstairs, having carefully closed the door behind him, and is making ‘Aldern” comfortable and in the process of gagging and binding him. Guiness hopes that his friends downstairs have some idea how to recover from this, as this is not quite the impression he wanted to make with the law his first day in a new city.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 16/16 l 68/68hp l F +11 R +6 W +6 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +12 CMD24 l Atk +13 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager6 l 55/55hp l F +9 R +6 W +4 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +10 CMD22 l Perc +9 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +13
Guardsman wrote:
"And who might you be?"

"Me? I'm security. It's a dangerous city, so it helps to have a bodyguard around, and a bit of flair appeals to the nobles." he grins at the guard.

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Not sure this will be relevant with Kellek trapping them in a pit, but Kargas needed to say something!


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk Warpriest 4 / Trapper 2 | hp 41/41 | AC19 T15 FF 15 CMD 14 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +7 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (+3 vs traps) D.D +15 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/5, Fervor 1d6 3/4 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith | Level 2 : Cat's Grace

Colvyn wasn't sure what would happen when Kellek decided to open the door. But when the mage decide to trap the guards into a magical pit, Colvyn's jaw drops almost to the floor. It is soon follow by a loud slap as the ratfolk just can't believe what just happen. Facepalm!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

:O Attacking the town guard? That's a bold strategy.
Since the guards have reason to be suspicious, lets see if your story gives you a chance to read a scroll without triggering initiative.
Kellek bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

GM Screen:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
-
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
The guards are caught off guard (*ba dumm tish*) by the story of the guild certificate, and Kellek is able to take the scroll out and read it without any of them reacting in time. A pit suddenly appears beneath their feet, but all three guards manage to jump to safety. The lead guard looks over his shoulder at one of the two junior guards and calls out "Get backup! Get Sergeant Korim!"

The junior drops his longsword and scrambles away from the scene.

The other two guards step away from the pit, the younger one drawing a longbow. The head guard calls out "On the ground, hands where we can see them. Surrender yourself and your only charge will be assault against an officer of the law. Persist and we'll not hesitate to use force."

"Same for the rest of you!"


Lauranna Female Human Cleric (evangelist) of Chaldira Zuzaristan 4 | hp 34 | AC 15 T 10 FF 15 | CMD 15 | F +6 R +1 W +10 (+2 v death) | Spd 30' | Init +0 | KnNat +4, KnPla +3, KnRel +3, Perc +3, SensM +3 | Luck 7/7 | Chan 5/5 | Perf 12/12 | wand clw 34/50 |

"Well, that's going to be difficult to say the least." says the old lady. She pulls another (VERY expensive) scroll from her box.

Kellek casts obscuring mist from the scroll and takes a step back.

concentration (if needed):
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 6 | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 23 (Touch 12, FF 21) | Hp: 70/76 | Fort: +9, Reflex +4, Will +7 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 21 | | Melee +12/+7 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +10 Helmet 1d4+3 (+5 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +8 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +9 | Character Sheet | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History/Nobility/Linguistics +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

"That's a lot of thumping and shouting from downstairs," thinks Guiness. "Perhaps there is someone or something hiding in this house that can prove these people are imposters," he considers, having no idea how badly the situation is deteriorating downstairs.

Guiness, having secured 'Aldern', makes his way out the door and up the next set of stairs, reasoning that he can start at the top of the townhouse and work his way down.

...what might he find? Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 4 / Trapper 2 | hp 41/41 | AC19 T15 FF 15 CMD 14 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +7 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (+3 vs traps) D.D +15 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/5, Fervor 1d6 3/4 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith | Level 2 : Cat's Grace

With the way obscure and the pit blocking the front door, Colvyn is unsure what to do next. One thing he does know is that the woman next to him can't be trusted. For now, he keeps his eyes on her and waits to see what the rest of the group is planning.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

A mist billows into existence to the angry shouts of the guards. However, from the sounds that follow, it doesn't seem like they're eager to attempt to enter blind.

Upstairs, Guiness quickly ascends to the third floor, where he pokes his head into each of the rooms. There's a luxuriously appointed master bedroom with crisp sheets. A spotless bathroom with large tub. A reading room with a well-stocked bookcase. And a sitting room with an unlit fireplace and an ornate mantel. Knickknack lies all over, giving the rooms a "model-home" feel. However with such a cursory search, nothing in particular stands out to Guiness.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 16/16 l 68/68hp l F +11 R +6 W +6 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +12 CMD24 l Atk +13 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager6 l 55/55hp l F +9 R +6 W +4 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +10 CMD22 l Perc +9 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +13

"F+%!," Kargas says under his breath as Kellek conjures a pit under the guards' feet. "F%%#," he says, a little more forcefully, as all three of them evade the hole. He quickly makes his way into the kitchen with Colvyn as magical mist overtakes the foyer. "Flor, could you get Guiness? We need to move," he stage-whispers over his shoulder and he leaves the dining room.

"Kellek's fighting the guards, so we need to move out," he tells the Erastillian hunter. "If Guiness and I carry them, do you think you could rustle up some horses? A wagon or carriage would be good." No sooner have the words left his mouth than his arm whips out to lock Iesha in a sleeper hold.

"Ugh, this would have been easier if you'd just been another ghoul or something," he complains.

Would the same maneuver that worked on Aldern apply here?


Lauranna Female Human Cleric (evangelist) of Chaldira Zuzaristan 4 | hp 34 | AC 15 T 10 FF 15 | CMD 15 | F +6 R +1 W +10 (+2 v death) | Spd 30' | Init +0 | KnNat +4, KnPla +3, KnRel +3, Perc +3, SensM +3 | Luck 7/7 | Chan 5/5 | Perf 12/12 | wand clw 34/50 |

After shutting the front door, the guard officer strides through the cloud to the back door, opens it and looks about.

If there are any guards he sends them after the suspects.

bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Lauranna Female Human Cleric (evangelist) of Chaldira Zuzaristan 4 | hp 34 | AC 15 T 10 FF 15 | CMD 15 | F +6 R +1 W +10 (+2 v death) | Spd 30' | Init +0 | KnNat +4, KnPla +3, KnRel +3, Perc +3, SensM +3 | Luck 7/7 | Chan 5/5 | Perf 12/12 | wand clw 34/50 |

"Get moving." says the faux officer. "We have less than a minute before the mist clears."


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Kellek, is that a second casting of disguise self?
Flo, if you'd like to do a cursory investigation of the upstairs area while you get Guiness, feel free to roll a perception check.
Kargas, not sure what you mean by same maneuver that worked on Aldern. You can definitely knock Iesha out.

It takes less than half a minute for Kargas to choke off the frightened Iesha enough that she loses consciousness. Unfortunately for Kargas, her last few moments before unconsciousness involve a whole lot of noisy thrashing about as she tries to free herself. You hear the guards outside swearing, before the lead guard says "There's nowhere for you to run! Let whoever you're hurting in there go, or you'll be facing far worse charges."

Iesha falls limp against the wall and Kargas is able to then pick her up.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 6 | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 23 (Touch 12, FF 21) | Hp: 70/76 | Fort: +9, Reflex +4, Will +7 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 21 | | Melee +12/+7 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +10 Helmet 1d4+3 (+5 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +8 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +9 | Character Sheet | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History/Nobility/Linguistics +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Guiness checks the second floor after working his way down from the third floor: Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Seeing Floredana when he comes down to the second floor, he asks, ”What is going on down there?”


Lauranna Female Human Cleric (evangelist) of Chaldira Zuzaristan 4 | hp 34 | AC 15 T 10 FF 15 | CMD 15 | F +6 R +1 W +10 (+2 v death) | Spd 30' | Init +0 | KnNat +4, KnPla +3, KnRel +3, Perc +3, SensM +3 | Luck 7/7 | Chan 5/5 | Perf 12/12 | wand clw 34/50 |
GM Cellion wrote:
Kellek, is that a second casting of disguise self?

Not so much a 'casting' as an effect produced by his new hat of silly disguises.

I'm not exactly sure if we are still in rounds, but he takes a moment to change his appearance before poking his head out the back.

By the way, I should note that I got the duration wrong on the obscuring mist (CL 4). It will last 4 minutes barring a strong wind, not the few rounds I thought it would when I posted earlier. Kellek uses the term "a couple of minutes" to hurry folks along.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 17| F: +8 R: +5 W: +11 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +19, Sense Motive +13; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 4/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Bless 29/50

Flo, just up the stairs, points at Aldern. "Gaurds, they're hostile and responded all too quickly. We need to move now, grab him and follow Kargas. I'll catch up if needed," she says before giving the current floor a quick look over.

"I'll be down in a second, we won't have another go at this house before it gets cleaned out," she explains as she moves in the opposite direction of the Dwarf, tapping her heels as she goes.
________
Perception, 2nd Floor (All Rooms): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Perception, 3rd Floor (All Rooms): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Assuming Guineess takes a little time to move with Aldern, Flo will risk checking out the other floor as well. If there are drawers/papers on a desk/etc., she will just dump/sweep them all into her bag, including anything else small that can be shoved in that isn't obviously a generic household item (Hairbrush? No thanks. Journal? Yes please!). She'll also take a moment to cast Longstrider on herself at this point, seeing as quite a bit of running is likely in her future.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 6 | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 23 (Touch 12, FF 21) | Hp: 70/76 | Fort: +9, Reflex +4, Will +7 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 21 | | Melee +12/+7 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +10 Helmet 1d4+3 (+5 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +8 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +9 | Character Sheet | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History/Nobility/Linguistics +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

”Guards, as in the city guard? And hostile to us? This is very bad,” responds Guiness as he takes the limp form of ‘Aldern’ downstairs and sets him by the back door.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)
Silly Disguise wrote:
GM Cellion wrote:
Kellek, is that a second casting of disguise self?
Not so much a 'casting' as an effect produced by his new hat of silly disguises.

Yup, I forgot!

As Guiness takes the unconscious Aldern back downstairs, Flo makes a quick sweep of the upper floors of the townhouse, sticking her head into each room. She encounters quite a few ordinary household items, but all are in good condition, as if the house's occupants use them rarely if at all. There's nothing that looks like a journal or any other kind of documentation.

However, an interesting thing catches her eye on the top floor. In the sitting room with the fireplace, she notices that the mantel is flanked by intricately carved lion heads. Ordinarily, this wouldn't be worthy of note in comparison to the other casual opulence of the townhome. But the lion heads match exactly the lion head carved onto the key the party used to enter the houes. In fact, as Flo looks more carefully, the right-side lion head's mouth has a slotted depression that could fit such a key...

If you put the lion key in the slot:
The mantel lock clicks, and a cunningly concealed compartment inside the fireplace opens. Inside, you find a dusty compartment with a small bag of platinum pieces as well as a thin wooden case containing a number of legal papers that appear to pertain to the townhouse.

You can look through these in more detail later once the heat is off you


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 17| F: +8 R: +5 W: +11 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +19, Sense Motive +13; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 4/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Bless 29/50

Flo quickly slips the key into the slot and turns it. Please don't be trapped, please don't be trapped, please don't be- When the lock clicks open, she exhales with relief.

Scooping everything she finds into her bag, she squeezes her eyes shut for a moment before running back down to regroup. Desna, I pray I've missed nothing in here! Guide our escape as we flee this den of snakes!
________
With Flo being able to out run the party, when we regroup and get moving, she will run ahead to the next intersection and "scout". While there, she will keep an eye out for any obviously alert guards so the rest of the party can (ideally) keep moving away from them, but towards the Dreamweaver.


Lauranna Female Human Cleric (evangelist) of Chaldira Zuzaristan 4 | hp 34 | AC 15 T 10 FF 15 | CMD 15 | F +6 R +1 W +10 (+2 v death) | Spd 30' | Init +0 | KnNat +4, KnPla +3, KnRel +3, Perc +3, SensM +3 | Luck 7/7 | Chan 5/5 | Perf 12/12 | wand clw 34/50 |

"Well!?" urges Kellek the guardsman trying to come to terms with his new mustache.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 16/16 l 68/68hp l F +11 R +6 W +6 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +12 CMD24 l Atk +13 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager6 l 55/55hp l F +9 R +6 W +4 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +10 CMD22 l Perc +9 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +13

Hoisting the unconscious Iesha over his shoulder, Kargas skirts the edge of the fog and stands ready at the back door.

"Lead on, sergeant."


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 4 / Trapper 2 | hp 41/41 | AC19 T15 FF 15 CMD 14 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +7 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (+3 vs traps) D.D +15 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/5, Fervor 1d6 3/4 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith | Level 2 : Cat's Grace
Kargas Stormscar wrote:

"Kellek's fighting the guards, so we need to move out," he tells the Erastillian hunter. "If Guiness and I carry them, do you think you could rustle up some horses? A wagon or carriage would be good." No sooner have the words left his mouth than his arm whips out to lock Iesha in a sleeper hold.

Colvyn nods and step aside to leave room for the big guy. "I'll try to find something. Head for the boat as best as you can, I'll catch up with you guys." He then moves to the back door as he digs inside his pack. Once at the door, he downs the potion he was looking for and head out. While he tries to move quickly, he still remains as stealthy as he can.

Drinks a Potion of Invisibility then accelerate sneaking to get away from the house.

Stealth: 1d20 + 16 + 20 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 16 + 20 - 5 = 43

Once he feels that he is far away enough and that the potion is about to expire. Colvyn tries to remember if he passed any places where he could buy or borrow a horses with or without a cart.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 6 | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 23 (Touch 12, FF 21) | Hp: 70/76 | Fort: +9, Reflex +4, Will +7 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 21 | | Melee +12/+7 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +10 Helmet 1d4+3 (+5 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +8 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +9 | Character Sheet | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History/Nobility/Linguistics +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Guiness makes sure everyone gets out the back door. He stops and speaks to the last person (assuming it is Colvyn since he hasn't posted yet) on the ratfolk's way out.

Speaking to Colvyn:

Guiness sees Floredana move off magically quickly out the back door, scouting ahead before he can say anything to her. Sergeant Kellek heads out as well, with Kargas carrying the imposter Iesha afterwards. Guiness meets Colvyn at the back door. As Colvyn heads out the back door, Guiness hands him the limp body of the imposter Aldern and says, "Get them to the boat safely, Colvyn. I know what I have to do."

For the DM:

Closing and locking the back door, Guiness heads back to the front door, thinking, "I have to give the local law a chance to do the right thing...and maybe buy some time for the others." His hands empty, Guiness walks into the fog, calling to the guard, "I am coming out. Don't fire on me." He walks slowly forward and tries to be non-threatening.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 6 | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 23 (Touch 12, FF 21) | Hp: 70/76 | Fort: +9, Reflex +4, Will +7 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 21 | | Melee +12/+7 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +10 Helmet 1d4+3 (+5 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +8 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +9 | Character Sheet | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History/Nobility/Linguistics +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None
Brother_Guiness wrote:

Guiness makes sure everyone gets out the back door. He stops and speaks to the last person (assuming it is Colvyn since he hasn't posted yet) on the ratfolk's way out.

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Ninja'd by Colvyn. Please feel free to modify the scene as it makes sense, please.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Colvyn leads the way out while invisible, eyes open for any guards in the street. Thanks to how quickly you've moved, the street out back is still empty, and Colvyn is able to call the rest of you forwards. Flo, Kellek and Kargas are able to follow, but with two unconscious bodies with you, there's no way not to stand out. It's fairly late in the evening, but not so late that there aren't people in the streets. And as an upscale part of the city, a body over the shoulder has a way of alarming passersby.

You're currently at the back door of the Foxglove yard. You'll need some plan for the bodies if you want to avoid attracting attention.

While you're deliberating on what to do, Colvyn ducks through the streets nearby in search of a horse or wagon. Unlike some other parts of town, there aren't any easily accessible stables. You recall seeing a few people on horseback or leading horses, but no where where horses would be kept. While still invisible, you do however come across a wagon up against the side of a small cafe. It's large enough that it'd take significant strength to pull, and in its back lie a dozen empty burlap sacks.

This wagon is lets say a little less than a minute away from the townhouse.

The rest of you suddenly notice that Guiness didn't join you. He left Aldern's body in your hands and appears to be still inside the townhouse. You hear him speaking...

Guiness wrote:
"I am coming out. Don't fire on me."

And the sound of the lead guard saying. "Throw your weapons in that pit and come out of the mist with your hands up. "

To Guiness:
In the front of the building, you hear the sounds of the two guards from earlier moving about. They seem to be outside the mist.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 17| F: +8 R: +5 W: +11 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +19, Sense Motive +13; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 4/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Bless 29/50

Flo scowls while she thinks and waits for Colvyn's return. When he brings word of a cart, she turns to Kargas. "If you and Colvyn grab the cart and bring it here, we can lo-" but her think-aloud is cut short by Guiness' voice from the other side of the house.

"What is he, NO!" she says, moving towards the house again, but she catches herself. "We need to move quickly. Hopefully this buys us some time, but either way we can't let his efforts go to waste!"
________
Such sacrifice, what a twist! Suppose the updated plan is: Get the cart, bring it back, load bodies under sacks, head to docks.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 6 | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 23 (Touch 12, FF 21) | Hp: 70/76 | Fort: +9, Reflex +4, Will +7 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 21 | | Melee +12/+7 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +10 Helmet 1d4+3 (+5 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +8 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +9 | Character Sheet | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History/Nobility/Linguistics +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

I am assuming the "Create Pit" spell has expired by this time, as it is 1 round + 1 round per level, and the guards just don't know it because the mist is still there--not that Guiness saw Kellek casting it anyway.

"Why would there be a pit at the front door of the townhouse? Are ye daft? If ye truly are guards loyal to the fair city of Magnimar, I will put my hammers on the ground and come out. If ye are more imposters loyal to the Mistress of the Seven, I'll put my hammer somewhere more...painful. Convince me," Guiness says, as he stops in the fog at the front door, listening for their response and trying to decide if they are truly representatives of the law for Magnimar.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lauranna Female Human Cleric (evangelist) of Chaldira Zuzaristan 4 | hp 34 | AC 15 T 10 FF 15 | CMD 15 | F +6 R +1 W +10 (+2 v death) | Spd 30' | Init +0 | KnNat +4, KnPla +3, KnRel +3, Perc +3, SensM +3 | Luck 7/7 | Chan 5/5 | Perf 12/12 | wand clw 34/50 |

How about the "we just leave" plan? Kellek is all for traveling without a bunch of extra (hard to hide) bodies. And really,how do we know Colvyn is leading the way out, hm?

"Guiness. Don't. Stop. Come back." Kellek whispers to himself under his mustache.

"Well, let us not waste Guiness's heroic self-sacrifice. Shall we?" Kellek says and gestures the way forward.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Yep Guiness, they don't know that the pit is already expired. The GM forgot as well :)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
-
1d100 ⇒ 59
1d100 ⇒ 52

Out in the front of the townhouse, the guards hesitate for a moment at Guiness' strange statement. The head guard says "Whatever you're on about, you're only digging yourself deeper. Weapons down. Out. Now." The guard's tone suggests fear mixed with annoyance. As far as Guiness can tell, they both appear to be authentic Magnimaran guards. Their lack of response to the mention of the Mistress of the Seven doesn't tell him much.

-----

In the back of the townhouse, Kargas and Colvyn are able to grab the wagon from its spot outside the cafe and return with it to the townhouse. A wagon getting pulled by a person rather than an animal earns a few strange looks from passersby, but no one comments. You're able to load the bodies in and cover them.

(Feel free to make any checks you'd like to disguise the bodies, disguise yourselves, or otherwise prepare for a hike across town with a suspicious wagon. I'll assume that your goal is getting to the Dreamweaver.)


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 17| F: +8 R: +5 W: +11 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +19, Sense Motive +13; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 4/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Bless 29/50

Flo does what she can with the cart, then jogs off ahead to keep a lookout for the slow-moving cart. They don't know what they're looking for yet and with Guiness keeping them busy, I think we've a good shot at making it back to the Dreamweaver!
________
Aid vs Skill: 1d20 ⇒ 7 Success if dex related, failure if cha.
If we are hiding the bodies under the bags, would you accept a stealth check? Regardless, I'll roll to aid since Flo doesn't have great modifiers for either. With Flo playing lookout, do you want perception/sense motive checks, GM?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 6 | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 23 (Touch 12, FF 21) | Hp: 70/76 | Fort: +9, Reflex +4, Will +7 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 21 | | Melee +12/+7 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +10 Helmet 1d4+3 (+5 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +8 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +9 | Character Sheet | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History/Nobility/Linguistics +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Guiness will walk forward slowly, to where he can just barely start to see the edge of the fog cloud and shadowy figures of the guards. He draws his hammer, puts it on the ground, and slides it forward out of the cloud, saying, "There's one." He then repeats the same action with his three throwing hammers. "Oh, yeah, ye'll probably want my daggers, too," he adds, pulling a dagger out of each boot and sliding them forward, resulting in quite a pile of weaponry on the outside edge of the fog cloud.

Guiness then spreads his hands wide and starts slowly walking forward out of the cloud. As soon as can see the guards clearly, he makes eye contact and says, "You guys aren't Brothers, are ye? Or maybe working directly for Xanesha?" (One last try to figure out if these guys are imposters or real guards now that he can see them clearly.)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Well, crap. I guess he's surrendering to the tender mercy of the city guard.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Flo, If you're trying to keep a lookout for the group, helping to direct the group that way, you can certainly roll a perception check.

Once out of the mist, Guiness sees the two guards eyeing him with suspicion. Rather than answering his questions, the leader asks "Where are the others - the spellcaster in the guise of an old woman, the half-orc, and the undine?" The lead guard beckons Guiness forwards until he's a good distance away from the dropped weapons, then raises a hand to indicate he should stay where he is. "What's your relationship to them? And where is the woman who yelled for help?"

You've already made your sense motive against them, so you don't get to make new sense motives until the situation substantially changes.
Ultimately though, the dice roller seems to be insisting that you'll stay in the dark.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 6 | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 23 (Touch 12, FF 21) | Hp: 70/76 | Fort: +9, Reflex +4, Will +7 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 21 | | Melee +12/+7 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +10 Helmet 1d4+3 (+5 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +8 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +9 | Character Sheet | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History/Nobility/Linguistics +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

”Ah, yes, the screaming woman. That would be a servant of Xanesha, Mistress of the Seven, here at the Foxglove townhouse impersonating Lady Iesha. She was screaming because her cover was blown, as my companions and I have just recently witnessed the true Iesha Foxglove’s unfortunate death on the grounds of the Foxglove Manor. You have heard of the Skinsaw Murders, perhaps? We just got to the bottom of that crime, and the fair Iesha was an unfortunate victim. There is much more to the story, if you would like me to continue,” Guiness responds at length, ”I would also be happy to give full details to your magistrate or whomever your top law enforcement officer is in the city.”


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

The guard is clearly stressed out by this whole situation, and Guiness' references to many other people and places definitely don't help. He gathers his thoughts for a moment, squaring his jaw as he comes to a realization "You didn't answer my questions. Are the others I saw your companions? Where are they, and where is this Lady Iesha?"

"You can save the fanciful stories about impersonations and what was that, skin saws?, for when the sergeant gets here."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 6 | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 23 (Touch 12, FF 21) | Hp: 70/76 | Fort: +9, Reflex +4, Will +7 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 21 | | Melee +12/+7 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +10 Helmet 1d4+3 (+5 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +8 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +9 | Character Sheet | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History/Nobility/Linguistics +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

”Yes, as I described, the others you saw are my companions, and I owe them my life. Last I saw they were still on the property, but they may have left by now or returned into the townhouse,” says Guiness, struggling to be truthful but not betray his companions.

Answering the easier question Guiness continues, ”As far as the Lady Iesha, we gave her a proper funeral about a week ago at the Foxglove Manor after she was killed by the Skinsaw murderer, came back as a Revenant, helped us destroy him, and fell into true death thereafter.

As an aside, he adds, ”If this is too complicated for you, I am willing to wait for your Sergeant and speak with him.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 16/16 l 68/68hp l F +11 R +6 W +6 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +12 CMD24 l Atk +13 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager6 l 55/55hp l F +9 R +6 W +4 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +10 CMD22 l Perc +9 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +13

"Kellek give me your hat," Kargas says curtly as he and Colvyn pull up with the wagon. "I stick out pretty badly and you're not any weirder looking than any other human."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 6 | hp 32 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 15 | F +2, R +4, W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +11, KnEng +10, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +7, SensM +7, Scrft +16 | arc reservoir 5/9 | magic missile wand 26/38 |

{Suspicious sideways look} "I can't trust you on a midnight stroll, what makes you think I should trust you with a magical item?"

After a moment, he relents, and hands it over.


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 4 / Trapper 2 | hp 41/41 | AC19 T15 FF 15 CMD 14 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +7 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (+3 vs traps) D.D +15 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/5, Fervor 1d6 3/4 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith | Level 2 : Cat's Grace

The first thing that Colvyn does when the rest of the group join him at the cart is to make sure that the imposter are well hidden under the bags. He then tries his best to help move the cart, but he his far from being as strong or as big as Kargas. Looking at Floredana, he tries to hide his nervousness. "How long do you need to prep the Dreamweaver to set sail? It would probably help if it is ready to go the moment we get to the docks."

Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

I'll let the rest of you guys in the back make your rolls, and in the mean time push the front on a little bit.

In front, the head guard looks at Guiness with growing exasperation. "Either left by now or they're still there? You do realize that the longer you stonewall me, the worse this is going to look in front of the Justice, yes?" Even as he says it, he seems to be shaking his head. "No, I think we're done here. Turn around, hands behind you."

The head guard takes out a pair of manacles and moves to put them on you, Guiness. "The sergeant will decide how we deal with your... companions."


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 6 | hp 32 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 15 | F +2, R +4, W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +11, KnEng +10, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +7, SensM +7, Scrft +16 | arc reservoir 5/9 | magic missile wand 26/38 |

"Tell you what Kargas, I'll temporarily trade you the hat for the black sword. That way there's a chance I can use it to break you, and the others out from the stockade when they arrest you all for attempted murder, and kidnapping later tonight. At the very least I might get my hat back from the evidence room. Take the deal, or leave it. I for one am leaving in five seconds, regardless. I'll make my own way back to the boat."

Kellek is not hanging around any longer but, given Kargas and the others' streak of coming up with [air quotes]plans[/air quotes] he figures there's about an 80% chance things go bad again, and he looses his hat for good. Hence, he wants some collateral.

Without his hat of disguise Kellek relies upon vanish to hustle a few streets away before reappearing and walking casually back to the rendezvous.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 6 | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 23 (Touch 12, FF 21) | Hp: 70/76 | Fort: +9, Reflex +4, Will +7 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 21 | | Melee +12/+7 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +10 Helmet 1d4+3 (+5 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +8 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +9 | Character Sheet | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History/Nobility/Linguistics +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

"Well, I couldn't very well tell where they went after I walked into that blasted fog, now could I," answers Guiness turning around and putting his hands behind him, mentally flashing back to a rather uncomfortable situation that involved a discussion about the "boom-hole".

Looking back at his pile of weapons, he says, "Yer bringing my weapons with us, yeah? They're a bit dangerous to be leaving in the street and you wouldn't want to be accused of stealing from your prisoners, would you? Oh, and be careful about picking up the big hammer--it tends to run a bit hot."


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 17| F: +8 R: +5 W: +11 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +19, Sense Motive +13; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 4/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Bless 29/50

"Actually, that makes a lot of sense for you to head a different way, Kellek," Flo agrees. "You're the only one they've never seen, distance from us is the safest bet." With nothing left to say and the cart prepared, she jogs off ahead.

She does her best to lead the group towards the docks and away from any guards. Once they get close enough to the docks for the cart to make it there safely, she runs ahead, remembering Colvyn's suggestion, and starts preparing the Dreamweaver.
________
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 Sigh.
Ha! Dwarven Stonewall! Talk about buying us time.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 16/16 l 68/68hp l F +11 R +6 W +6 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +12 CMD24 l Atk +13 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager6 l 55/55hp l F +9 R +6 W +4 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +10 CMD22 l Perc +9 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +13

Kargas gives an annoyed grunt. "Fine, but don't scratch it." He offers the sheathed sword to Kellek and accepts the cap in exchange. A heartbeat later and a plain-looking human man a between five and six feet stands where Kargas was. Dressed in clean workman's clothes, he doesn't look anything like a noblemen but rather one of the many ordinary people who clean their homes and deliver their things.

Disguise: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 1 - 3 = 18


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

The FLEE team:
After swapping disguises, the folks in the back of the building begin carting their two bodies through the streets of the Naos District. Colvyn selects side streets and directions to travels where the group will be seen by fewer eyes. Flo and Kargas keep a lookout for Guard patrols. Kellek relies on his magic to vanish and then take an independent route back to the Dreamweaver.

The cart team sees a few people in the Naos district, most of which ignore their cart moving through the streets. Upon reaching the great ramp from the upper sections of the city to the lower districts, you realize that the Guard has about half a dozen members at the bottom of the hill, talking to each individual and group that plans to ascend up to Naos or Capital district at this time of night.

(The ramp between upper and lower parts of the city has been circled in yellow in Handouts)

Kargas and Flo notice that no carts or wagons are currently making the journey down the hill. The group is definitely going to stand out. There doesn't appear to be any other way back down to the docks.

You notice Kellek, as an individual coming down the hill, getting through with little more than a wave from the guards.

Pausing here for you to plan your approach before the Guards at the bottom of the hill stop to talk to you.
---

The STAY team:
It takes quite some time for the Sergeant and a dozen additional Magnimaran guards to arrive at the scene of the altercation. The Sergeant turns out to be a scowling halfling woman with a deep facial scar. She barks out orders for the group to search through the house for evidence now that the mist is gone, before turning to the lead guard that apprehended Guiness in order to ask for the events that transpired.

When the search turns up no occupants - neither Guiness' companions nor the townhome's owners, she takes a look inside personally. Once she's done, she sets a few guards watching the building as others disperse on various other tasks. A guard carefully gathers up Guiness' things, including Dragonfist (which requires being placed in a metal bucket for transport). She stops in front of Guiness, who by this point has been manacled for at least 15 minutes.

"This is all we got, is it?" She looks Guiness up and down. "I'm to understand that you were evasive to a member of the guard, aiding your allies - likely criminals - to escape. Considering the amount of blood in the house, this will be investigated as a kidnapping or attempted murder. One which you will have abetted."

"Now would be a good time to help us find your allies. And sort out what happened here." She stares intensely at Guiness, but the slight frown on her face suggests she already expects what answer she'll get.

4,601 to 4,650 of 4,920 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Revival of the Runelords Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.