Revival of the Runelords

Game Master Cellion

(RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (RotRL Loot Log)

INIT template:
[dice=Kargas]d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Flo]d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Colvyn]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Kellek]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Guiness]d20+1[/dice]


4,251 to 4,300 of 4,424 << first < prev | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | next > last >>

Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Yep, that looks about right Kellek.

The rough stone floor doesn't give Colvyn much to go off of, but his keen ears still end up concluding that Iesha must have head down one of the two middle passageways (I've marked them in green on the map). Rather than pursuing the revenant right away, Flo takes the initiative to direct you towards the southernmost tunnel, with Kargas leading the way.

You catch a whiff of putrid, rotten meat, which only strengthens the further you advance down the long natural tunnel heading westward. Stalactites dripping with moisture hang from the ceiling just above your heads. Kargas turns a corner and the tunnel opens up into a larger cavern with a 15ft high ceiling. The source of the horrific smell becomes readily apparent - a swath of carcasses is strewn about the floor of this place.

Among the corpses are multiple humanoids, as well as the decayed remains of a large bull. Some of the bodies are clearly very old, with a whole layer of bones beneath them, while other almost seem fresh.

If you inspect the more recent bodies:
If you inspect the bodies, also give me a KN local

All of the bodies here have been torn apart by something with great strength, and they bear deep bite marks that have crushed limbs. Two of the three humanoids are humans - varisian nomads from the look of them - while the last appears to be a half-elf, though its difficult to tell from how badly he's been gnawed at. The half-elf still has some gear scattered around his body, including a longsword whose metal is dark, almost black. (If you search him, there's some other stuff as well)

To the north-west end of the room, a pit descends further into the earth. Above it, a wide, straight shaft rises upwards towards the surface.


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 5 | hp 27 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +11, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +7, SensM +6, Scrft +15 | arc reservoir 2/8 | magic missile wand 26/38 | m. images 4/4

knowledge (local): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

GM Cellion wrote:
To the north-west end of the room, a pit descends further into the earth. Above it, a wide, straight shaft rises upwards towards the surface.

"The well, probably."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 46/54 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
4 Con, 2 Cha damage

Guiness continues to keep watch behind them, especially since their current path seems to be a dead end. Letting the others search underneath the well, he listens to hear any fading sounds of Iesha in the distance.


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 5 | hp 27 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +11, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +7, SensM +6, Scrft +15 | arc reservoir 2/8 | magic missile wand 26/38 | m. images 4/4

"We have a way out if need it. Why not continue the chase?"


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 43/43 5NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 2/3 | Bit of Luck: 2/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 0+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 31/50

Flo keeps her distance from the corpse heap, but stays ready for any of them to start moving. "Seems reasonable to me Kellek, let's get back to chasing that Revenant!" Eager to put some space between herself and the dead, she heads back down the hallway. I couldn't look at them. What if I knew someone? Would it be my fault they're dead?


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

Kargas is less interested in identifying the slain than what slew them. He doesn't have Heal, but would Survival help? Otherwise he'll lead the group around towards the topmost tunnel, unless someone else wishes to go first.

Survival(?): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 46/54 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
4 Con, 2 Cha damage

Feel free to grab any useful looking items/loot and take the lead down another tunnel, Kargas. Guiness will continue to watch the party's back as we have quite a bit of unexplored area behind us.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Kargas and Kellek briefly inspect the bodies. Kellek realizes that the half-elf's missing arm is actually not a recent wound. That jogs his memory from his brief stay in Sandpoint, and he recalls stories of a notorious one-armed half-elf bandit named Shaz "Redshiv" Bilger, who was strongly suspected of robbing nearly two dozen merchant convoys along the Lost Coast Road over the past decade. Kellek also knows that there was a bounty on his head - issued by the authorities in Magnimar. Proof of his demise would be worth 500 gp if turned in.

Among Shaz's gear, beyond the strange black longsword you also see a pearl ring, a finely knitted embroidered cap, and a small pouch with 45 gp and 89 sp.

Kargas focuses more on the wounds that the victims here have taken, and it doesn't take much inspection to determine that they were delivered by something with a large mouth, primarily ripping and tearing. He's not entirely sure what killed them, but the wounds are too large for ghouls.

GM Screen:
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
With the lookouts primarily focusing on the way you came from, Kellek and Kargas don't notice the sound of low flapping until its source is already close. They look up from the bodies and see a massive bat-like creature emerging from the well shaft in the ceiling. Its flesh is mottled and patchy with fur and it reeks of decay. As it swoops toward you, its eyes gleam with an unholy glow and it lets out a bone-rattling screech! (Handouts have a pic!)

INIT:
Kargas: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Flo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Colvyn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Kellek: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Guiness: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
-
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

|||| INIT ||||
Kellek
Kargas (4 NLdmg)
Guiness (1 NLdmg)
Flo (5 NLdmg)
Colvyn

??? Bat Monstrosity

Everyone's up! You guys nailed all your initiative checks


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

Agh! It's...a...ghoul bat? Taking my actions assuming it is still flying and out of reach, please let me know if that's incorrect.

Spinning around as the sound of wingbeats finally registers, Kargas grins at the monstrously large bat. "Well aren't you a nasty piece of work? Bet you bleed just find though." Whispering the words of a spell, the half-orc draws another shimmering field of energy about himself and steps between the monster and Kellek.

"Got any more of those lightning spells, wizard?"

Casting Shield and 5ft step forward!


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Ceiling is 15ft high, so as a large creature you can reach it from the ground without reach weapons.


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 5 | hp 27 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +11, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +7, SensM +6, Scrft +15 | arc reservoir 2/8 | magic missile wand 26/38 | m. images 4/4
Kargas Stormscar wrote:
"Got any more of those lightning spells, wizard?"

Kellek gives Kargas the look. Then he shouts: "Zillee Stri'ng!" and a series of long silken strands engulfs that corner of the room.

Kellek casts web targeting a spot inside the well(?) shaft.

Knowledge large, horrid, bat-thingie? Take 10 or if he can't Knowledge (see above for mods): 1d20 ⇒ 11

Also, Kellek noted the stuff/treasure lying there (and his player has some ideas about the black sword, because he plays someone with one), but didn't really want to get bogged down looking at it for too long with detect magic and such when there was a homicidal undead abomination somewhere around here he couldn't see. He would probably guess that these bodies are just locals and that he could come back later and say definitively that they had been snacked upon by ghouls.

"That probably won't hold it for long. It's only meant to slow it down."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 46/54 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
4 Con, 2 Cha damage

Guiness steps protectively in front of Floredana, drawing a throwing hammer as he moves up and using his momentum to throw it at the large bat-like creature on the ceiling.

Thrown hammer, second range increment: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 2 = 23
Hammer damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 43/43 5NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 2/3 | Bit of Luck: 2/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 0+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 31/50

Spinning on her heels, and looks at the tunnels around them. "Think we can get it to chase us into a narrow tunnel? Easier to hit!" she suggests as she sends a butterfly to rest on each of her allies' weapons.
________
Wand of Bless! GM, where does the 15ft ceiling begin to lower? Draw wand, cast.


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 3 / Trapper 2 | hp 26/34 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (+3 vs traps) D.D +12 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition: Diseased
Spoiler:
Blessing: 3/4, Fervor 1d6 1/3 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith

Taking a step forward, Colvyn sents an arrow into the large undead. His aim isn't as precise as he would like however. Calm down Colvyn. It is just an big ugly bat. Nothing you can handle.

Longbow: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 1 - 1 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 8


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Kellek recognizes the creature to be a skaveling, also known as a ghoul bat. These massively oversized undead bats are said to originate from the Darklands, where Urdefhan necromancers raise them from specially cultivated mobat stock. (As always, Offenses, Defenses or Special Capabilities - pick one)
---
Flo, I've put in a blue line where the ceiling lowers to 10ft high.
-

GM Screen:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
-
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (3, 7) + 7 = 17
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (7, 1) + 7 = 15
Flo and Kargas weave magical blessings and protections in face of the flapping beast. Kellek takes a more offensive angle, creating a web to try to trap the skaveling. Unfortunately, the bat creature violently beats its wings and opens a space in the web to fly freely.

While its busy doing so, Guiness lands a solid blow to its nose with a flying hammer. Unfortunately, Colvyn's arrow isn't quite as accurate. It deflects off the creature's thick hide. The skaveling swoops free of the web, (provoking from Kargas) violently tearing through the sticky strands, and dives towards Kellek. Massive, gruesome jaws open up and clamp down on the wizard's arm, head and torso. The bite is savage, tearing flesh and dislocating bone, and you all hear an ugly wet sound as it momentarily feasts before dropping an unconscious Kellek from its jaws. (Brutally unlucky. A crit for 32 points of damage.)

Kellek Fort vs A: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Kellek Fort vs B: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 Some good luck to offset the bad!
Other than almost being chomped in half, Kellek is spared any other effects from the bite.

|||| INIT ||||
Kellek (32 dmg, unconscious, dying)
Kargas (4 NLdmg, Shield)
Guiness (1 NLdmg)
Flo (5 NLdmg)
Colvyn

Skaveling (6 dmg)

Buffs: Bless


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

Unfortunately no rage or Power Attack for this AoO
Attack of Opportunity: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 = 22 Damage: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (2, 3) + 7 = 12

"I won't be ignored, monster!" Kargas bellows, his eyes and scars igniting with fierce blue light.
NOW we rage and Power Attack!
Attack: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 1 - 2 = 26 Daamage: 2d4 + 16 ⇒ (2, 2) + 16 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 46/54 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
4 Con, 2 Cha damage

Guiness, in shock for a split second from the savagery of the bat’s attack on Kellek, recovers quickly and moves carefully over to the creature, drawing Dragonfist on the way and ending his movement standing protectively over the fallen wizard (token assist please).

With a resolute whisper at Kellek, he intones, ”By Grabthar’s Hammer, you will be avenged,” and he swings mightily at the undead foe!

Hammer Attack with Bless: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 1 = 31
Hammer Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 43/43 5NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 2/3 | Bit of Luck: 2/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 0+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 31/50

"WHOA!" Flo shouts as Kellek is brutally mauled and deposited back on the floor. I've got something for this!

Rummaging through her bag, she pulls a slender, clear rod out and points it at Kellek. It begins to glow vibrantly as she channels holy energy into it and sends a beam of shimmering light into Kellek's still body.
________
CMW (Spontaneous, Reach) vs Kellek: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 6) + 5 = 14
Cure Moderate Wounds via reach rod on our downed wizard!


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

The party converges on the skaveling, delivering blow after accurate blow. (I've moved you in Guiness) The deep gashes delivered by Kargas bleed very little, but Guiness feels bones breaking and yielding underneath his hammer. It's clear the two of you have injured it gravely.

Flo resuscitates Kellek from a distance! Kellek, you're prone but conscious.
----
|||| INIT ||||
Kellek (18 dmg, prone)

Kargas (4 NLdmg, Shield)
Guiness (1 NLdmg)
Flo (5 NLdmg)
Colvyn
Skaveling (50 dmg)


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 5 | hp 27 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +11, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +7, SensM +6, Scrft +15 | arc reservoir 2/8 | magic missile wand 26/38 | m. images 4/4

**GASP!** "Jarts!"

concentration (cast defensively, DC 17): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

magic missiles (potent magic, CL 7): 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4, 2, 4) + 4 = 16


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 3 / Trapper 2 | hp 26/34 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (+3 vs traps) D.D +12 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition: Diseased
Spoiler:
Blessing: 3/4, Fervor 1d6 1/3 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith

Colvyn continues to attack the large bat, sending arrow after arrow at it.

Rapid shot + Deadly Aim + Bless

Longbow: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 1 - 1 - 2 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 8
Longbow: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 - 1 - 2 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 6


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

A hail of magic missiles pummels the life out of the skaveling, but its not until Colvyn sinks the first of his two arrows into its chest that its flapping finally flags and it sinks to the ground. It flaps once more feebly and then falls still - deceased once more.

Out of Combat! That was a blindingly short fight!


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

After kicking the bat-monster to ensure that it was dead, Kargas turns around and reaches down to help Kellek back to his feet. "Sacred Storms, Kellek, that thing took a hell of bite out of you," the half-orc exclaims, looking around to see if any ghouls or other nasties had snuck up on them during the fight.

"Which way did Iesha go?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 46/54 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
4 Con, 2 Cha damage

"Northwest from the stairs, if I have my bearings correct. Most likely the uppermost passage, but it could be the middle one instead," says Guiness, grabbing anything that looks useful and preparing to take up rearguard once more.

With a look of concern at Kellek, he asks, "Are you okay, wizard? That was quite an attack you suffered."


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 5 | hp 27 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +11, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +7, SensM +6, Scrft +15 | arc reservoir 2/8 | magic missile wand 26/38 | m. images 4/4

"Yes. It was." Kellek says from the floor to the front line.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 43/43 5NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 2/3 | Bit of Luck: 2/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 0+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 31/50

"Glad it was only able to knock you out though!" Flo says, trying to cheer up the peeved wizard. "Kellek, I'll heal your wounds on the way, we should try to catch back up!"
________
CLW (Wand) VS Kellek: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW (Wand) VS Kellek: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW (Wand) VS Kellek: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Marked the charges, lmk if we don't have enough time to ge three in before the next encounter! These three are the last of a wand, but we have a fresh one still.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Yep, there's enough time to fully heal Kellek.

Kargas takes a look around, but it doesn't seem anything else has snuck up on the group in the mean time. With Guiness taking up the rear guard, you return back to the chamber with the stairs and instead head north-west. Kargas leads through the more northern of the two middle passages.

The repetitive thumping boom you heard earlier is stronger in these passages, but its also been supplemented by an irregular series of scraping thuds, as though something wooden is getting bashed at. As you're contemplating what this might be, Kargas spots a wider chamber up ahead. And in that chamber, a trio of ghouls skulking in the shadows! Just as Kargas spots them, they spot him in return and begin to surge forward.
---

INITs:
Kargas: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Flo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Colvyn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Kellek: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Guiness: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
-
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

|||| INIT ||||
Flo (5 NLdmg)
Ghoul Red
Ghoul Yellow
Ghoul Blue
Guiness (1 NLdmg)
Kargas (4 NLdmg, shield)
Colvyn
Kellek

(Bless still up for 2 more rounds since you zoomed right over here.)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 43/43 5NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 2/3 | Bit of Luck: 2/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 0+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 31/50

Still feeling the warmth of Desna's presence, Flo funnels a flurry of butterflies onto Kargas. "Get ready Kargas!" she calls out as she pushes to the back of the group. "Head on up Guiness, you won't be able to get far enough away from me to not tend to your wounds!" she promises. Not like with Nualia... Never again. I must be able to tend to my kaleidoscope at all times.
________
Luck on Kargas! Should help with the inevitable fort saves too ;) Fun fact, a kaleidoscope is the term for a group of butterflies!


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Ghouls leap out of the shadows upon being spotted, rushing toward the living that dare encroach on their territory. In this case, said living people are mostly Kargas and Colvyn. While Kargas fends off his assailant with a swipe of his falchion, Colvyn is caught flatfooted. A claw swipes across the ratfolk's side. (Dealing 6 damage)

Colvyn Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Colvyn feels a chill run through him, but he's able to shake off the potential paralysis. On the other side, the blue ghoul waits in the wings for a moment to strike.

|||| INIT ||||
Guiness (1 NLdmg)
Kargas (4 NLdmg, shield, luck)
Colvyn (6 dmg)
Kellek
Flo (5 NLdmg)

Ghoul Red
Ghoul Yellow
Ghoul Blue


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 5 | hp 27 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +11, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +7, SensM +6, Scrft +15 | arc reservoir 2/8 | magic missile wand 26/38 | m. images 4/4

Kellek casts shield and draws his wand of magic missiles while moving back a step.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 46/54 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
4 Con, 2 Cha damage

Guiness moves forward, drawing Dragonfist and saying to Colvyn, "We've got this," as he swings the warhammer in a mighty blow towards the torso of the attacking ghoul.

Warhammer Attack with Bless: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 1 = 22
Warhammer Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

With a fierce grin Kargas fends off the first ghoul, counterattacking with his falchion.

Power Attack vs Red: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
BoL Reroll: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23Damage: 2d4 + 13 ⇒ (4, 3) + 13 = 20


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 43/43 5NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 2/3 | Bit of Luck: 2/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 0+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 31/50

Flo continues to direct her butterflies over Kargas, especially after they manage to transform what was likely an errant strike. "Desna guides you Kargas!"
________
If she doesn't have LoS to Kargas (not 100% certain with the way the walls move partially into squares), she'll instead put it on Colvyn. She is willing to move if it makes a difference.


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 3 / Trapper 2 | hp 26/34 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (+3 vs traps) D.D +12 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition: Diseased
Spoiler:
Blessing: 3/4, Fervor 1d6 1/3 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith

With nowhere to go, Colvyn changes his grip on his bow and swing it like a melee weapon.

Longbow vs yellow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
-
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Kargas cleaves straight through the red ghoul thanks to Desna's blessing. Meanwhile Guiness and Colvyn smash away at the yellow ghoul with glancing blows that nevertheless break its brittle limbs. The injuries aren't quite enough to finish it off. While the party's magic users prepare and continue to aid Kargas, the remaining ghouls retaliate against the front line.

Claws and jaws find no purchase on Kargas' flesh, instead striking against his breastplate. The yellow ghoul gets one lucky swipe in with a claw against Colvyn as he dodges the other attacks. It slices a gash in his shoulder and sends another chill through his body. (Dealing 7 points damage)

Colvyn Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
He shrugs the effect off once more.

|||| INIT ||||
Guiness (1 NLdmg)
Kargas (4 NLdmg, shield, luck)
Colvyn (13 dmg)
Kellek (shield)
Flo (5 NLdmg)

Ghoul Yellow (12 dmg)
Ghoul Blue

Buffs: Last round of bless.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 46/54 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
4 Con, 2 Cha damage

Guiness unleashes a full attack on the yellow ghoul, hoping to take it down before it can further damage Colvyn. Swinging Dragonfist in an upward slanting swipe, he follows up with a savage headbutt with his Dwarven Boulder Helm.

Dragonfist Attack with Bless: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 = 13
Dragonfist Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Steel Headbutt Attack with Bless: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15
Steel Headbutt Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

With a chuckle, Kargas raises the falchion above his head and brings it crashing down onto the ghoul scrabbling at the armor.

Power Attack vs Blue: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 BoL Reroll: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 I choose the 18!
Damage: 2d4 + 13 ⇒ (2, 2) + 13 = 17

If Blue dies and Yellow somehow survives, Kargas would like to use his Move action to try and go around that big pillar to try and hem in the ghoul


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 43/43 5NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 2/3 | Bit of Luck: 2/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 0+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 31/50

"Get out of their Colvyn, they've got it covered!" Flo calls out, readying the wand for immediate wound closure. This is going well, so far so good!
________
CLW (Wand): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
5ft east, draw wand of CLW, ready to heal Colvyn if he comes within reach.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Kargas slashes down through a ghoulish torso, cleaving undead flesh and crushing its ribcage. The blue ghoul collapses to the ground. Meanwhile, Guiness misses a swing with his hammer, but manages to jam his helm right into the yellow ghoul's face. It flails blindly around for a moment, then falls to the ground as well!

Out of Combat!

I'll assume you went ahead with that CLW too. Also, moving you guys just a little ahead to give you some more information to chew on.

With all three of the ghouls easily dispatched, you advance through the connecting tunnel. To the east (the room now marked w/ red in the map), you see a small low-ceilinged cavern that seems to be thickly filled with a yellow-ish mold. Several pickaxes have been scattered across the ground in this chamber. Most are rotted and ruined, but one of them looks pristine.

To the west, the cavern you're in narrows and turns towards the north. You hear groaning, scrabbling and thumping noises echoing down from that direction.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

Noting for the record: Kargas will go back for the treasure in the bat-monster's room after we're done here.

Kargas pauses when he notices the pristine pickaxe, glaring suspiciously at the mold thickly carpeting the room. "Maybe come back for it later," he mutters half to himself before pressing forward towards the noise coming from the northern tunnel.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 46/54 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
4 Con, 2 Cha damage

Guiness looks over at the moldy area and tries to remember what he knows about this variety of fungus...

Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 5 | hp 27 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +11, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +7, SensM +6, Scrft +15 | arc reservoir 2/8 | magic missile wand 26/38 | m. images 4/4
GM Cellion wrote:
To the west, the cavern you're in narrows and turns towards the north. You hear groaning, scrabbling and thumping noises echoing down from that direction.

"Iesha?" reminds Kellek while thinking spell duration.

He shines a bit of light on the mold-filled room in passing. (Knowledges 18 or 21.) Don't forget the only reason you all even know the mold has a color is because I happened to bring a light.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 46/54 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
4 Con, 2 Cha damage

”Eh, if you can grab it quickly with your magic, it may be useful,” says Guiness to Kellek (Mage Hand?), pointing at the well-preserved pickaxe in and amongst the mold.


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 5 | hp 27 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +11, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +7, SensM +6, Scrft +15 | arc reservoir 2/8 | magic missile wand 26/38 | m. images 4/4

Two problems with that. Mage hand has a weight limit of 5 pounds, and it does not work on magical items, so even if he could retrieve it there would be probably be little point. For time's sake, Kellek does not waste rounds casting detect magic just now.

"And then you will want to spend time cleaning and gleaning its magical properties I suppose. It's safe were it is for now."


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Don't forget to add anything you're planning to go back for afterwards to the loot log!

Guiness doesn't know anything about the yellowish mold, but Kellek immediately recognizes the yellow fungus growing in the eastern chamber as quite hazardous indeed. Any attempt to touch the pickaxe or otherwise disturb the mold would result in the mold releasing a cloud of poisonous spores, which he knows would melt flesh at a rapid pace. Fire destroys yellow mold, while sunlight renders it dormant while exposed.

Kargas hears the scrabbling and slow thumping more clearly, and from their frequency suspects that there are multiple creatures up ahead.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 46/54 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
4 Con, 2 Cha damage

Guiness shrugs and follows along, keeping up the rearguard action for now.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 43/43 5NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 2/3 | Bit of Luck: 2/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 0+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 31/50

"Let's get going, we can clear out anything we need to after we settle all... this," Flo suggests as she follows Kargas towards the noise. Whatever is up there sounds busy, hopefully we can take advantage of that.
________
Flo has an open third level slot that she could use for Daylight if we want to retrieve the pickaxe after all of this.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

OK! Going to assume that Kargas takes the lead as before.

You turn towards the north and the cramped tunnel quickly opens up to a cathedral-like cavern with a roof arching thirty feet overhead and dropping into a sloshing pool of foamy seawater fifty feet below. A steep stone ledge winds down to these surging depths, its slope glistening with moisture and mold. A stone door stands in the northwestern wall about halfway down the slope.

The water level rising and falling within the pool creates a deep thumping sound - the same sound you heard the moment you arrived on this floor. Accenting this sound is Iesha, who stands in front of the stone door, mindlessly slashing away at its surface with her clawed hands. Her supernaturally sharp nails have already gouged furrows in the rock, but it looks like it'll take her quite some time to smash her way through the door.

Of more pressing concern however is the large number of very unpleasant looking creatures that turn to look at your group as you enter. In the cavern off to the west of Kargas, at least two gaunt, grey skinned humanoids have taken note of your presence and are already advancing with razor sharp claws. They look to be more ghouls. In the larger spiral cavern to the north, four goblinoid looking creatures that clamber on all fours immediately start clamber-hopping in your direction! Pic for those added to handouts. They're really... uh, something!
-----

INIT:
Kargas: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Flo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Colvyn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Kellek: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Guiness: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
-
Ghouls: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Jumpy gobs: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
GM Screen:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
The pustulent, foul smelling goblinish creatures are quick to react and quick on their feet. When Kargas shows his face around the corner, they immediately start scurrying forward. Despite their fowl appearance, they have a glint of mad intelligence in their eyes. Three of them start scurrying up the walls, climbing with uncanny swiftness. Those three climb over your heads and drop down to the ground closer to Flo, Colvyn and Kellek. Their repositioning takes their full turn.

The remaining blue goblin-monstrosity clambers up close to Kargas and bites. Thankfully, the bloodrager's armor deflects its snapping jaws.

|||| INIT ||||
Guiness (1 NLdmg)
Colvyn (6 dmg)
Flo (5 NLdmg)

Ghoul Red
Ghoul Yellow
Kargas (4 NLdmg, shield)
Kellek (shield)
Goblin? Blue
Goblin? Green
Goblin? Yellow
Goblin? Red

Bold are Up!


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 5 | hp 27 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +11, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +7, SensM +6, Scrft +15 | arc reservoir 2/8 | magic missile wand 26/38 | m. images 4/4

"Fascinating."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 46/54 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
4 Con, 2 Cha damage

Taken off guard by the speed of these goblin-like creatures, Guiness let’s out a surprised grunt, but quickly regains his composure and steps up the the green one and unleashes his trademark combo of hammer and helm attacks.

Dragonfist Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Dragonfist Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Steel Headbutt Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Steel Headbutt Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

4,251 to 4,300 of 4,424 << first < prev | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Revival of the Runelords Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.