Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


9,051 to 9,100 of 16,218 << first < prev | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | next > last >>

HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung spits at his foes, then attacks at the two in front of him, hitting the one on to the west with the first two then his haste attack at the one to the east then 5 fits towards his companions

Croaker: 1d20 + 17 - 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 17 - 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 30 for 1d10 + 8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 7 + 2 = 26
Croaker: 1d20 + 12 - 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 - 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 15 for 1d10 + 8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 7 + 2 = 19
Croaker: 1d20 + 17 - 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 17 - 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 37 for 1d10 + 8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 7 + 2 = 22
to confirm Croaker: 1d20 + 17 - 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 17 - 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 20 for 2d10 + 16 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 16 + 14 + 4 = 38


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 142/142

Desmond slips behind the two enemies in front of him but he nearly loses the grip on his shortsword in the process.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30

Attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20

Acrobatics to get to V-8, then missing horribly.


Evil GM

Grung's first attack hit the Lieutenant but does not put him down, his second attack missed badly, but the third attack lopped off the man's head. There is lout plopping sound when the hurling head hits the water.

Grung you can see a mass of reinforcements making their way toward Purbok. It's going to get ugly real soon as you see the wave of goblins they must breed like rats. What is move disturbing is a horde of undead zombies - moving quicker than they should - being lead by another cleric. This is the lull before the storm.


Evil GM

Malcolm I corrected your hit last round.

RD 9

Grung - killed one

underclerics -

yellow ground troops - dead

Torbitz - retreated
red archers -
Meathead -
Feli -
Des - tumbled and missed
Drow Allies - retreated

Purbok -
Malcolm -
Karnog -
Kalim

RD 9 Updated Map


Evil GM

RD 9 Undercleric

He casts another spell.

I'll take the new undercleric next round.

RD 9 Red Archer

one shoots at Malcolm while the other restring his bow:
shortbow comp, mag, PBS, bless: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 29;damage ,comp, mag, WS, bull: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 11


RD 9: Meath'd

He move us and tries to whack at the remaining Lt (W:-8)

att, mag oil: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 1 = 18;dam: 2d8 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7, 2) + 7 + 1 = 17

He misses.


Evil GM

Felic, Purbok, Malcolm, Karnog, Kalim have actions remaining.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog attacks the guy Desmond just flanked with him.

His mephits fly over to aid Grungsdi.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 to hit, 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 damage

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 to hit, 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 damage

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 to hit, 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 damage

Mephit 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 to hit; 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Mephit 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 to hit; 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim grunts. "Stubborn fools!"

He then takes in a quick breath and runs out to aa, -10 and summons unnatural tentacles centered on p, -7 cmb: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20damage if grappled: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Round 9, Divine Bond (9 Minutes), Power Attack, Haste AC: 22

Malcolm moves to W-1 and attacks the enemy in X-2

BS Att: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 3 = 26
BS Dam: 1d10 + 7 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 9 + 2 = 25

BS Haste Att: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 3 = 29
BS Haste Dam: 1d10 + 7 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 9 + 2 = 25


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Feli tries to demoralize more troops. If she feels that the troops are in a silence spell she will dance a hakka.
inti: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (20) + 22 = 42
Blistering invective, dc17
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Evil GM

Felicitas the troops are in the silence area as you hear no sound coming from the combat. You move up to take your action.

teal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
lt blue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

both fail. The man near grung falls to the ground on fire. the man near karnog and Malcolm is burned, then killed by the group's combined attack on him.

The area is temporarily cleared before Kalim has to use his black tentacle spell.
----

Purbok pulls back as reinforcement arrive.

-----

This phase of the battle is over. If you want to pull back down one of the tunnels this is the time to do it, if you want to stand your ground I'll roll out new initiatives.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

That is why she used a dance as intimidating action


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung certainly moves to the mouth of the tunnel and uses second wind on himself a couple times 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Once the enemies have been cleared out, Karnog channels to heal everyone.

"Stay put, chop them down, and hold here? Or bug out to try another angle against this demon's lapdog priest?"

5d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 5, 4, 1) = 19 healing


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

I say cut them down!

No one is surprised

how long do we think we have?


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung chugs down an anti toxin also


Evil GM

For you to actually hear each other you'd need to move back inot the tunnel. Kalim is at the first free hex where sound can be heard.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I say we retreat back down the tunnel and force them into a bottleneck.


Evil GM

The group falls back and reorganizes at the mouth of the tunnel that slopes downward. Malcolm, Grung, and Karnog up front with the others behind them. Although the location is defensible, it will very likely limit the ability of your fighters to all be involved in the defense. Worse yet it bunches you together making you susceptible to are effect spells.

A quick search down the tunnel by Desmond reveals a fresh blood trail but it otherwise looks safe. He does not see the two drow. He hurries back to report the news of potential exit.

Updated Map


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung stands ready to hold the line, unless he gets told to do something else


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim casts another set of Black Tentacles centered in the previous room, ending at the entrance to their tunnel.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

CMB for tentacles set 2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30damage if grappled: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Evil GM

Kalim's gets everyone to pull a bit further back into the tunnel as he prepares and then casts his black tentacles. The grubby octopus like appendages wiggle around halting the immediate advancement of the enemy troops. Malcolm uses the moment to grab onto Grung directing him even further into the tunnel for a better defensive position. The others move ahead. As Desmond mentioned there are streaks of blood in the twisting tunnel that leads away from the dreaded goblin city.

You've been in enough tunnels in this dungeon to realize if you continue down the tunnel that you will be heading to another section or level. You will be out of your immediate threat but undoubtedly heading towards more terror.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Stupid drow. If they stuck around, they may have had a chance. Seems like they got turned into red goo for their choices."

Karnog looks over the team, checking for injuries or other maladies.

"Everyone ok? Anyone hurt, in need of patching up?"


Evil GM

You do have a few moments to heal up, gather your senses, and decide your course of action and communicate with one another. Your are out fo the silence spell zone. Grung saw what was coming form his direction, likewise Karnog and Malcolm saw the troops coming form their direction. One thing that you are certain about is the leader: Torbitz is out of harms way and killing him during this excursion is nigh but impossible.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I am slightly wounded, but in more need of rest than healing.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Bah, I guess we are going to run like Kobold Bards now huh?


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 142/142

My stat line is up to date.

"I'm a little banged up, but it can wait if it needs to." He scowls back at the enemies. "Should have just slit his throat in his sleep."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

5d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 6, 3, 2) = 20 healing from channel energy.

"Regroup and re-approach, Grungsdi? Hardly running away, more of a tactical withdrawal."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Let them come." Kalim's eyes glow a deeper green than usual.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung shrugs and prepares to withdraw


Evil GM

I'm reading this as the group is tactically withdrawing down the tunnel.

This winding passage descends for about a quarter mile until terminating terminates in a small square chamber. There is a big puddle of blood in the chamber and you can see a troll and hear the onset of more feet heading your way. The walls and floor are cut from the natural rock and are smooth and even

I'll get the map and roll out initiatives tomorrow.

Malcolm:
There is moderate level of evil in throughout.


Evil GM

Initiatives:

RA:
Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Malcolm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Grung: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Feli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Desmond: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Meathead: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

trolls: 1d1 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
goblins: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

RA Initiative Order: RD 1

Goblins - double move
Kalim
Grung
Meath'd
Feli
Desmond
Malcolm
Karnog
Trolls

The Slave Pits

As you wind your way down the tunnel you hears the clatter of armored boots on the ground, the unmistakeable sound of armor creaking and moving towards you. Those players on the rear guard you know there is company following you.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"They're still following us. Now we have both sides to worry about," Kalim growls. He prepares to cast fireball when they're on his tentacles. fireball dc19: 9d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 4) = 33


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung moves to P57 and attacks the troll

Croaker: 1d20 + 17 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 17 - 3 + 1 = 27 for 1d10 + 8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 7 = 23


Evil GM

Kalim you've all moved 1/2 miles or so away from where the last battle was located and where your put the tentacles.

Grung what type of weapon is Croaker? I forgot.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Ooops, sorry. He'll use that fireball on the mooks coming from behind, keeping his buddy Meathead out of it.


Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
Ooops, sorry. He'll use that fireball on the mooks coming from behind, keeping his buddy Meathead out of it.

Np there was a lot happening up on that last level at one time.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Elysiaum Bronze Dwarven Warax.Good thing you said that you of character use Grungsdi would have been REALLY offended


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 142/142

Desmond steps over and releases a barrage of slashes against the flat footed opponent.

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 5d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (1, 4, 2, 3, 4) = 22

Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 5d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (1, 6, 4, 1, 6) = 22

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 5d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (6, 6, 2, 6, 4) = 32

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 5d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (2, 3, 3, 1, 4) = 20


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Of course, they followed us. 'Cause when would gobbos show some sense and caution fer once?"

Karnog casts shield of faith and moves towards the trolls, hammer and shield ready.

Barkskin +4 NA, Shield of Faith +3 Def, Giants +4 Dodge = AC 37 vs Trolls


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

You guys have such badass ACs!


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Defense cleric. Built for it, to be honest.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

I've just never seen it done so well, honestly. But I guess the last defense cleric I gamed with to decent levels was 3.5. I love it. Very high fantasy.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

AC is all I got :(


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

SInging a song Felicitas prepares for the new attack.


Evil GM

Note everyone can take their actions. I will roll the goblins reflex saves later this afternon and take meath'd action at the end of the round.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Round 1, Power of Faith Rds 1/10

Malcolm moves to the center of the group and calls upon the power of Abadar's Faith.

May the light protect us!

Power of Faith:
This causes a nimbus of light to emanate from the warrior of the holy light in a 30-foot radius. All allies in this area (including the warrior of the holy light) receive a +1 morale bonus to AC and on attack rolls, damage rolls, and saving throws against fear as long as they remain in the area of light. This power lasts for 1 minute.


Goblin reflex saves:

g1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
made: No damage

g2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
failed
dead

g3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
failed
dead
g4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

failed
dead

g5: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
failed
dead

Meath'd RD 1 action is he stays put getting ready for the attack.

9,051 to 9,100 of 16,218 << first < prev | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.