Rando's Starfinder 2018 - Zothune (Inactive)

Game Master rando1000

Exsilium


951 to 1,000 of 2,337 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Vesk Soldier (Guard) 8 | SP: 56/70; HP: 61/61; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +8 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +11; LowLight, Darkvision |

Sharlavaka looked at the stairs, and then the others. He wasn't sure why Isis thought the stairwells would be unguarded, but it would be amusing to see which of them survive the trip up.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 8 | SP: 21/44; HP: 44/44; RP: 8/9 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +13+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

"No. Absolutely not." The elf said with a look of exasperation after taking just one look at the stairwell entrance. He turned his head, noting that here of all places were bound to be recording devices of all makes.

"Apologies, Sharlavaka. This will be awkward for you. <If we're going to plan openly about how to find what we need, then at least speak in a language nobody in this forsaken galaxy even knows.>" He started out in the familiar common, though like flipping a switch his localisations instantly turned to the captain's language. There was however, a small buzzing in the back of the Vesk's mind as he cast a Telepathic message with the full translation.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis apologized in Mandarin. "Sorry Esh, I didn't even know you spoke it. No stairs for you?"


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 8 | SP: 21/44; HP: 44/44; RP: 8/9 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +13+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

"<Walking up just ten flights would be more exercuse then I've experienced in my entire life, and I'll be a hundred and fifty next week. Not happening>"


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2
SerpentViolet wrote:

Rando, assuming a good bluff, what would be the favor DC for letting Esh have a few minutes at an office workstation?

Any terminal? Call it 20. Esh will have to hack past some stuff to get where he wants to go, but it will be easier than it would have been from outside the system entirely.

Note, your plan on 'stairs' won't work. The escalators/stairs only go up to the "Mall" level above this one. That's the reason for no security checkpoints; in order to get to the actual heart of the building, you HAVE to use the elevators (unless you get unorthodox in your methods, of course).


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis goes to the elevators and submits her guns but waits to see if she's stopped for her hidden knife.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2
SerpentViolet wrote:
Isis goes to the elevators and submits her guns but waits to see if she's stopped for her hidden knife.

So you're NOT asking someone for access to a terminal? Or are you wanting to get further inside the building before you do so?


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

I was planning to go to the office of Mesk himself. Is that alright?


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

Hold up; you said "Mesk's OFFICES." I took that to mean the corporate section of the building. That's far different from "Mesk's OFFICE." That's NOT a "workstation." That's the office of a multi-trillion-credit CEO. The DC on the computer in his office itself is going to be a LOT higher, as will the DC of convincing someone to give you access to it.

It's fine with my if you try, but it's going to be much more difficult, and the penalty for failure is getting an entire building's worth of security on your ass.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Ok, nevermind and go with the first plan.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

Isis considers her options. She could approach someone at the large reception desk and try to get a favor using their terminal, she could go up the escalator to the mall level and try to gain access to one of the store's terminal, or she could bite the bullet, go through security, and take an elevator up into the actual corporate offices.

Security is starting to take interest in a bunch of armed folks just milling about the lobby by this point, but if you act soon, you can still play it off as just getting your bearings in such a large lobby.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Do I know if I can get a better DC with the reception desk or with the mall?


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Seems about the same to Isis.

Anyone else have an opinion?


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision
rando1000 wrote:

1d20+3

Seems about the same to Isis.

Anyone else have an opinion?

Was that an Intelligence check?


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2
SerpentViolet wrote:
rando1000 wrote:

1d20+3

Seems about the same to Isis.

Anyone else have an opinion?

Was that an Intelligence check?

Yes.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Mystic (Star Shaman) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | F +1 R +3 W +6 | Coordinated Shot: Allies gain +1 ranged attack vs. foes she threatens

<Might be better to go to the reception desk.>


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 8 | SP: 56/70; HP: 61/61; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +8 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +11; LowLight, Darkvision |

Sharlavaka started heading towards the reception desk.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis went to the reception desk and pondered just what to say.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

At the desk Isis purposely chose a male receptionist to bamboozle. She gestured to Esh. “This guy’s girlfriend works here. Rumor is she’s been cheating with a coworker. He needs to access her private emails on the company server.” Bluff 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 2 = 27 The +2 comes from her unreadable android nature. Rando, you can add another +2 if she’s dealing with a hetero man.

For the actual Favor, Rando please pick the DC for letting Esh have a moment with a terminal. (I believe you said 20?) Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 27 You can add another +2 if she’s dealing with a hetero man. You might also add +2 if you like the preemptory Bluff.
”You’ve been in love before. Cut the guy a break.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 8 | SP: 21/44; HP: 44/44; RP: 8/9 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +13+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

"<I hate you.>" He declares, having followed along indigtantly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

It SHOULDN'T work. There's no good reason the guy behind the counter should allow this.

HOWEVER, be it because this guy has been recently burned by love himself, he's lackadaisical about his work, or he wants to burn his employer on purposes, the man shrugs and says "Okay, I get it. Ummm...there's an empty procurements office over there," he says, pointing to a door off the lobby. "Head over and I'll buzz you in."

The "office," off the main lobby and sheltered enough that security wouldn't immediately note your entry and start shooting, is more like a janitor's closet, really. It's a cramped 6x6 room with stacks of cleaning supplies. At first you think you've been had, but then you notice a 12' tablet sitting on the shelf; you're greeted with a basic login screen.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 8 | SP: 21/44; HP: 44/44; RP: 8/9 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +13+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

He sighs, shaking his head and approaching the free tablet. "That man is living proof that Mesk should've stuck the is planet's higher standards and only higher machines. His own lack of foresight is my entry point however. What's even in this thing..."

Before even making an attempt to log in, he first waves his hand over the conputer to get a sense of what's stored within. He also turns it around in his hand, searching for a good datajack port.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 8 | SP: 56/70; HP: 61/61; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +8 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +11; LowLight, Darkvision |

Sharlavaka shrugged. It seemed like the only suitable response. Instead, he glanced around the room, looking for electronic security...or for people, for that matter.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis values Eshenvral's friendship and is deeply hurt by his remark. Her emotion fails to show past her stolid android lack of expression though.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2
Eshenvral Kothiavus wrote:
Before even making an attempt to log in, he first waves his hand over the conputer to get a sense of what's stored within. He also turns it around in his hand, searching for a good datajack port.

The device itself is mostly empty, standard inventory type information. There are probably a few personal files the janitor--no, "procurement specialist"--has downloaded that they shouldn't have. It does have a wireless interface which will allow access to the corporate network, however.

Sharlavaka wrote:
Sharlavaka shrugged. It seemed like the only suitable response. Instead, he glanced around the room, looking for electronic security...or for people, for that matter.

Sharlavaka notes only the electronic lock on the door, which they were legitimately buzzed into. Evidently Mesk's people don't care enough about cleaning supplies enough to put a camera here (or else they care so much they were really devious about the camera's location).

As for people, the only ones in sight outside the door are those bustling busily toward the elevator security checkpoint, or lingering about the lobby trying to figure out where they are. In any case, as far as Sharlavaka is concerned, the group is unobserved.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 8 | SP: 21/44; HP: 44/44; RP: 8/9 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +13+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

The elf took out the jack from his head, drawing out the length of wire first in order to avoid damaging it in someway from being pulled taut. With a simple click as it plugged in, he felt a new world open up to his digital ghost with such utter ease.It was time for him to get started.

Computers: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis says "Maybe I can help." and moves into Esh's space. Computers 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 <fingers crossed>


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Damn it. Maybe in the spirit of verisimilitude Rando can allow another check from Esh and Isis can aid another?


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 8 | SP: 21/44; HP: 44/44; RP: 8/9 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +13+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

As much as I hate it, failure is still failure. We'll have to roll with it, probably by running.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

After a few minutes, Esh and Isis come to the conclusion that, while they have minor network access, they're not capable of getting much relevant information regarding either the search patterns used to look for Mesk or any of Mesk's private information. A more personal tact may be called for, or another attempt from a more secure location (one that starts with elevated permissions).


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 8 | SP: 21/44; HP: 44/44; RP: 8/9 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +13+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Sighing, the elf finished sorting through the last files that were stored on the device before finally putting it down with a clatter. While issue seven had been interesting for it's focus on several forlorn models, he found the collection of Pact-Play to be disappointing in general. There was little need for him to have gone through every single inch of what was stored- mostly pornography as he discovered -yet he had done so for the sake of being thorough. In the end he just feltnlike he wasted time.

A mental callback retracted his jack hands-free while Eshenvral turned back to his companions. "Should've known by the fact it was so easy to get into this room. Thr tablet dosn't have anywhere near enough clearence to get a foothold of the central database without calling a security force down to our location."


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 8 | SP: 56/70; HP: 61/61; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +8 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +11; LowLight, Darkvision |

"Higher clearance, then." Sharlavaka considered. He was starting to wonder if perhaps asking them would be simpler. Surely they wanted there C.E.O back too? But they would probably get dumb and try and hide stuff. "Offices? Security? R&D?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

To help move things along...

Captain Quinn suggests maybe it's time to bite the bullet and head through the security checkpoint. Would everyone like to go, or just Esh and Isis? On the one hand, some of you could remain armed here in the lobby in case you're needed. On the other hand, being so far away if you become needed could be a problem.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 8 | SP: 56/70; HP: 61/61; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +8 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +11; LowLight, Darkvision |

Sharalvaka would go through. Unlike the others he simply couldn't be disarmed, and if the others who went through were unable to take any weapons they'd nee him.

Are they insisting on Sharlavaka stripping off his armour as well as giving up his gun?


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

The scanners are detailed enough that they can tell armor from weapon; there is no need to remove your armor.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 8 | SP: 56/70; HP: 61/61; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +8 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +11; LowLight, Darkvision |

Shalarvaka passed his heavy weapon over with the kind of blank expression only a helmet can have.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

Rather than have you play out essentially the same encounter twice, I'm just going to narrate this portion to move the story along a bit.

You manage to get past security and find a small office on the 12th floor that's closed for remodeling. Inside, Esh and Isis access a terminal.

You find that the Alset search parties have been focusing on an cluster of Ice Wells several hundred kilometers to the north; these are unique regions of half-frozen jungle within deep impact craters scattered across the surface. Why they are searching that area is uncertain; there are no known production facilities that direction.

If you have other specific questions, let me know and make a computers check.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 8 | SP: 56/70; HP: 61/61; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +8 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +11; LowLight, Darkvision |

"Look for our Ambassador's name?" Sharlavaka suggested. "Also, cash transfer matching agreed payment. Also production facilities that could be used to build fighters."


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis could perform Sharlavaka's suggestions. Rando, is it one Computers check or three? Esh, do you want to use your slightly higher score? Whichever one of us that doesn't perform the check can automatically aid another.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 8 | SP: 21/44; HP: 44/44; RP: 8/9 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +13+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Computers: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19 This is gonna keep happening, isn't it?

The elf doesn't respond verbally, merely trying his hardest to comb though the information for what's been asked of him. For some reason his connection has been jammed up in general, and he was starting to suspect that there might be a faulty connection in his datajack.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision
Eshenvral Kothiavus wrote:

[dice=Computers]1d20+14 This is gonna keep happening, isn't it?

The elf doesn't respond verbally, merely trying his hardest to comb though the information for what's been asked of him. For some reason his connection has been jammed up in general, and he was starting to suspect that there might be a faulty connection in his datajack.

Isis adds +2. Hopefully the DC was 20.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

There was a meeting scheduled with the ambassador on the day you were given, and he did arrive. He and Mesk left on a private jet heading north, but did not file internal flight plans. It looks like the Alset employees are searching the right direction, at least.

There is no cash payment, or mention of a specific facility, but then, since Mesk assisting the Gardathir would be illegal, he would be likely to bury it pretty deeply.

As far as the facilities, again there is no reference, but give me a Culture check; I'll allow as many people attempting as you'd like.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 8 | SP: 56/70; HP: 61/61; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +8 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +11; LowLight, Darkvision |

Culture: 1d20 ⇒ 5


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 8 | SP: 21/44; HP: 44/44; RP: 8/9 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +13+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

culture: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

Esh remembers having read that some of the Ice Wells are rumored to have long lost ancient technology. It is possible Mesk found something there and was leveraging it's remote location as an advantage in his illegal dealings with Gardathir.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

<in Mandarin> "Captain, do we fly Vera to the Ice Wells and search?", Isis asked.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

"Seems like a viable plan," Quinn commented. "Can we get a map of the areas already searched? That will help narrow down our search. Maybe we can pinpoint the ambassador's comm if we get close enough."


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis provides aid (aids another) to Esh with the map (for +2).


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

We've slowed down quite a bit the last couple weeks. Do people want to go ahead with heading toward the Ice Wells to the North searching for the ambassador's comm sign? I'll move the story forward on two yea votes.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 0/42; HP: 28/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

If we can assume a map first, then yes.

951 to 1,000 of 2,337 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rando's Starfinder 2018 - Zothune All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.