RESIST - GM Cyrioul's Hell's Rebels

Game Master Jason Lillis

Tabletop is here!

Party Loot Sheet Here!


451 to 500 of 927 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Elf Infiltrator2 l hp13, AC16; T13; FF13 l F +0, R +5, W +2 l 3/5 Inspiration l

Ah, I was thrown off by identical number, thanks for clarifying!

"I should be more careful, I may yet develop a taste for swordplay," the elf half-laughs, wiping his blade clean and poking at the gashes on his leg. Winching at the protests of the tender flesh, he flips out another bottle and drinks it down in one swig.

Cure Light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Halfling Sorcerer 2, AC 13 (T 13, FF 11), CMD 10; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +8; +4 on all Fear saves; Init +2, Perception +2, HP 11/11 Sorcerer 2

Pip eyes the severed alligator head with disgust that evolves into morbid ingenuity.

"Should I try out ventriloquy?" he thinks.

He dismisses the idea for now and turns sheepishly to Laria.

"Thank you for aiding us, Miss Longroads. Also, sorry to once again drag you from your customers. Um...by way of apology, may we offer you a brand new pair of white scale boots?"

The offer is punctuated by a flourish towards the beast and the most disarmingly sly smile he can muster.


F Tiefling Inquisitor(Heretic)-2 | HP 14/15 | AC17 T13 FF14 CMD 14 | F+4 R+3 W+6 | Init+6 Perception+7, darkvision | Special: Resist Fire/Cold/Electric 5, -5 to be tracked | -2 nl, -1CHA, bleed 1

"And gator steaks for all." She gives the creature a once over.
"Sara, any chance you could make me a nice belt out of this guy? The gator, not the human."

depending on Alex's status, I can cast CLW on him if he needs it


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cad 2
Stats:
HP: 18/18, 2 NL | AC/T/FF: 15/12/13 | F+4 R+2 W-1 (+0 vs. mind-aff.; +1 vs. mind-aff. with alcohol) | CMD: 17 (18 vs. grapple/trip/steal/bull rush, 19 vs. disarm, 20 vs. dirty trick)

Alexite groans and clambers slowly to his feet. "By all the Hells in the lower planes...that thing packed a wallop." Gingerly, he accepts the potion from Rexus and drinks it down in one swallow, making a face as the sickly-sweet potion floods his body.

I'm assuming it was a CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2.

The potion closes a few of his nastier cuts and scrapes, but unfortunately he's still moving extremely gingerly. He hobbles over to the stone step and collapses on it heavily. "I think I found your problem, Miz Longroads. And I have bad news about your friend..."

And, sweet Desna, I'm pretty sure I almost died.

A good time for me to have to unexpectedly step away from the game, I guess! :P Indra, a CLW would be helpful...


F Tiefling Inquisitor(Heretic)-2 | HP 14/15 | AC17 T13 FF14 CMD 14 | F+4 R+3 W+6 | Init+6 Perception+7, darkvision | Special: Resist Fire/Cold/Electric 5, -5 to be tracked | -2 nl, -1CHA, bleed 1

Indra places her hand on Alex's shoulder. "Apologies for not being able to get to you during the battle."
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
As her hand touches him, Alex feels an intense cold, but with an undercurrent of warmth as the positive energy floods his system. She pulls away her hand as soon as the spell is complete, leaving a bit of hoarfrost on his armor.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cad 2
Stats:
HP: 18/18, 2 NL | AC/T/FF: 15/12/13 | F+4 R+2 W-1 (+0 vs. mind-aff.; +1 vs. mind-aff. with alcohol) | CMD: 17 (18 vs. grapple/trip/steal/bull rush, 19 vs. disarm, 20 vs. dirty trick)

Alexite shudders as the cold flows through him, but then stands quickly, shaking himself like a wet dog. All of his visible wounds have healed, though he's still limping slightly. "Brrrr! Thanks, Blue. You got some handy tricks. Sorry for that wipeout, everybody."


Elf Infiltrator2 l hp13, AC16; T13; FF13 l F +0, R +5, W +2 l 3/5 Inspiration l

"No trouble at all, Alexite," Orrias grins, but he doesn't feel very mirthful. "I picked up your slack."


Female Human
Courtly Hunter 1:
[HP 19/19] [AC 16; T 13; FF 13] [Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +3] [Init +3]
Ruina:
[HP 20/20] [AC 15; T 13; FF 12] [Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +2]
Personal Gear

jeeze, i come to post my attack and my thing says no updates so i'm all happy thinking i didn't take to long again and come to see combat's over.

"perhaps. The brutes large enough either I or my teacher could maybe fashion a trinket for each of us should we choose," Sara says and digs through her back for her skinning knife. She was used to the process now and was no longer phased by the sites or smells of it.

"The meat's good too from what I hear, a bit to tough for me. A lot of the people who seek help at my temple say it tastes similar to chicken of all things." Ruina sat patiently as Sara worked, occassional snapping up little bits of meat Sara carved off for her loyal hound.

So... should i roll a check or do we have just have the hide? I don't even know what skill. Craft (leather) maybe? To me thats more for thr trinket making.


Elf Infiltrator2 l hp13, AC16; T13; FF13 l F +0, R +5, W +2 l 3/5 Inspiration l

Survival I think for skinning, actually making something of the hide is a Craft check.


F Half orc Alchemist 2 AC 16 Will: 1 Reflex: 6 Fort: +3 Bombs 3/4 Mutagen: HP 15/17 1 NL

Nerris just slumps over feeling weaker than before. Happy that Alexite is fine she meekly says,"I'm not sure if we should relax just yet. I doubt the crocodile was making the laughing sounds..."


F Half orc Alchemist 2 AC 16 Will: 1 Reflex: 6 Fort: +3 Bombs 3/4 Mutagen: HP 15/17 1 NL

Nerris awkwardly realizes that she should examine the body. Slowly moving it out of the water she carefully tries to find out how he died.

Heal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cad 2
Stats:
HP: 18/18, 2 NL | AC/T/FF: 15/12/13 | F+4 R+2 W-1 (+0 vs. mind-aff.; +1 vs. mind-aff. with alcohol) | CMD: 17 (18 vs. grapple/trip/steal/bull rush, 19 vs. disarm, 20 vs. dirty trick)

Alexite blinks. "Yeah...that's a really good point."


Laria shakes her head and walks away while you all begin moving about.

Nerris takes a look at the body, and quickly notices that while some damage is from the crocodile (a foot is missing), there are other bites that show a bit more precision than teeth. Claws or talons, perhaps?

Just as she shares this reflection with all of you, there is a commotion from further back in the cavern and you hear a voice call out, "Chough, NO! Stand down!" From that further back room runs a creature that looks like a humanoid crow with oily black feathers, glittering eyes, and a sharp beak! It bellows a battle cry, and prepares to charge the party!

GM Screen:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Let's say ROUND SIX!
Rexus
Indra
Alexite
Nerris
Orrias
Sara and Ruina
Pip
ENEMY

Knowledge (Nature) DC 12:

This creature is a Dire Corby, and appears to be a particularly strong specimen!

Rexus shrieks again, then touches Indra on the shoulder before dashing back towards the far end of the room. (+1 to d20 rolls for one round)

The party is up - what do you do?


F Tiefling Inquisitor(Heretic)-2 | HP 14/15 | AC17 T13 FF14 CMD 14 | F+4 R+3 W+6 | Init+6 Perception+7, darkvision | Special: Resist Fire/Cold/Electric 5, -5 to be tracked | -2 nl, -1CHA, bleed 1

"Ah, there are at least two more creatures down here to deal with, then," she says as she raises her bow again.
bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7
The arrow streaks toward the crow-man


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cad 2
Stats:
HP: 18/18, 2 NL | AC/T/FF: 15/12/13 | F+4 R+2 W-1 (+0 vs. mind-aff.; +1 vs. mind-aff. with alcohol) | CMD: 17 (18 vs. grapple/trip/steal/bull rush, 19 vs. disarm, 20 vs. dirty trick)

"And one of 'em's really ugly!" Alexite remarks. At least it's not as big as that gator, he thinks nervously to himself, as he moves to intercept the creature, blades in hand.

Alexite moves 30' and readies an action to attack the creature if it closes with him!

Readied Action:

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"Whoever's back there, you'd best call off your bird...thing!" he shouts as he spins his blade in preparation.


F Half orc Alchemist 2 AC 16 Will: 1 Reflex: 6 Fort: +3 Bombs 3/4 Mutagen: HP 15/17 1 NL

Nerris furious at the murder walks next to Alexite and throws a bomb.

Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage:1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Nature:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Elf Infiltrator2 l hp13, AC16; T13; FF13 l F +0, R +5, W +2 l 3/5 Inspiration l

"And here I thought I'd wasting by shielding potion!" Orrias moves to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Alexite, hoping that a show of force could prevent things from escalating further. "Chough, was it? I've no wish to hurt you today, I recommend you don't try it."

Move Action plus Ready Action to attack if it enters my reach.

Readied Action:

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Whatever I did, Dice Roller, I'm sorry!


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Sorcerer 2, AC 13 (T 13, FF 11), CMD 10; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +8; +4 on all Fear saves; Init +2, Perception +2, HP 11/11 Sorcerer 2

"Hold on there! Hear me out!" Pip calls to the crow person, weaving magic into his words. "We may have a job for you. We could paint your feathers silver, and you could be our mascot. We could work out endorsements and publicity events with the coffeehouse and Crissali's Fine Tomes. Do you like books? Doughnuts?"

Pip attempts to entice the creature, not with his obviously irreverent offer but with his usual Hypnotic magic.

HD Affected: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Duration: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

Will Save DC 14, with +2 bonus, or be fascinated for 4 rounds.
If successful, Pip will offer the following command:

"Why don't you just sit down there quietly and we'll hammer out the details."


Indra fires an arrow that thuds deep into the creature's shoulder! -7 HP so far

Alexite steps forward and readies a mighty slice...

Nerris skips subtlety altogether and chucks a bomb at it, and the explosion wounds it gravely... -16 HP so far

Orrias also steps forward and readies his blade...

SaraBOT fires an arrow at it...

GM Screen:

Bow ATK, PBS, PS, Cover: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 4 = 5

...but the arrow sails backwards into the darkness.

Pip makes a truly delightful suggestion...

GM Screen:

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

...but the creature just shakes its head to clear the distraction. ((I really don't know why I'm rolling so well against that spell!))

The advanced dire corby, as Nerris has identified it, lunches forward. Alexite and Orrias launch their blows, but it dodges Orrias, and the natural toughness of its plumage deflects Alexite's longsword. It slashes out, one claw at each of them...

GM Screen:

Claw 1 ATK vs. Alexite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Claw 2 ATK vs. Orrias: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Claw 1 DAM vs. Alexite: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Claw 2 DAM vs. Orrias: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

...and the claws slip past your armors ((18 to hit vs. Alexite, 23 to hit vs. Orrias)), slashing into your skin.
((Alexite: -6 HP))
((Orrias: -6 HP))

Rexus, uncertain how to best help in a pitched battle like this, steps behind Alexite and offers him another moment of glorious destiny ((+1 to d20 Rolls for 1 round))

The party is up again!


F Tiefling Inquisitor(Heretic)-2 | HP 14/15 | AC17 T13 FF14 CMD 14 | F+4 R+3 W+6 | Init+6 Perception+7, darkvision | Special: Resist Fire/Cold/Electric 5, -5 to be tracked | -2 nl, -1CHA, bleed 1

laughed out loud at Pip's suggestion!

Indra growls. "Dammit, I just healed him!"
With a snarl, she drew back another arrow and let fly.
bow: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 4 = 19 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2
confirm?: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 = 12 damage: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11


Sorry, that does not confirm!


F Tiefling Inquisitor(Heretic)-2 | HP 14/15 | AC17 T13 FF14 CMD 14 | F+4 R+3 W+6 | Init+6 Perception+7, darkvision | Special: Resist Fire/Cold/Electric 5, -5 to be tracked | -2 nl, -1CHA, bleed 1

figured as much, but would have been sweet if it did!


Elf Infiltrator2 l hp13, AC16; T13; FF13 l F +0, R +5, W +2 l 3/5 Inspiration l

"Okay, well, that was a pretty good!" the elf grits out as the creature slashes his arm. "At least these clothes weren't worth much!" Sidestepping, Orrias comes around on the flank, hoping Alexite has the same impulse and they can take it together.

5ft Step, Ready Action to attack with a flank if Alexite gives me one.

Ready Attack:

Atk with Flank: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6 You heckin' spiteful program! I take it back, I'm not sorry at all.


Aw, dangit! Sorry, Orrias, I think you missed a protection racket payment somewhere along the way.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cad 2
Stats:
HP: 18/18, 2 NL | AC/T/FF: 15/12/13 | F+4 R+2 W-1 (+0 vs. mind-aff.; +1 vs. mind-aff. with alcohol) | CMD: 17 (18 vs. grapple/trip/steal/bull rush, 19 vs. disarm, 20 vs. dirty trick)

"Speak for yourself!" Alexite calls to Orrias as he mirrors the elf and draws his dagger. He sighs as the elf's swing goes wide. "I only have so many vests that will convince a girl to take me home..." Moving carefully, he lunges at the corby.

Attack (CE, flanking, Rex): 1d20 + 4 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Current AC: 17

Actions:

None: 5' step
Move: Draw dueling dagger
Standard: Attack the bird!


Female Human
Courtly Hunter 1:
[HP 19/19] [AC 16; T 13; FF 13] [Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +3] [Init +3]
Ruina:
[HP 20/20] [AC 15; T 13; FF 12] [Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +2]
Personal Gear

"Nine hells," Sara swears as she fire's another arrow towards the crow beast. She then calls Ruina to her side. at her side, Ruina readies herself incase the corby should move closer to the two of them.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

finally hit something! Ruina readys action incase the thing moves towards us.


Male Halfling Sorcerer 2, AC 13 (T 13, FF 11), CMD 10; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +8; +4 on all Fear saves; Init +2, Perception +2, HP 11/11 Sorcerer 2

"Sometimes, pup," Pip says to Ruina before the dog bounds over to its master, "I wish I was born an orc. My family would still be indentured, and my station would change none, but at least when my jokes fall flat, I could at least resort to fists larger than walnuts."

Pip uncoils his sling from his belt and fishes for a bullet from his pouch.


Alexite's swing lands hard, and while the creature is visibly staggered by the blow, it doesn't appear to relent! -25 HP so far

NerrisBOT hesitates to throw another bomb with her friends so close to the enemy, and waits to see what develops. She does, however, know that creatures like this can fight on after they are gravely wounded, until they are killed outright!

Sara's arrow thuds home, further slowing its movement. -28 HP so far

As Pip gets a sling stone ready, the creature lashes out once at Alexite in response to his strike...

GM Screen:

Claw ATK vs. Alexite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Claw ATK vs. Alexite - CONFIRM?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Claw DAM vs. Alexite: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

...and in a lucky swipe the claw just barely misses the fighter's jugular, but still does significant damage, dropping the fighter! The creature itself bleeds a little more from the effort, but is still shakily on its feet, lost in battle rage. Alexite: -6 HP, unconscious. Creature: -29 HP so far.

NerrisBOT takes advantage of her sacramental cognatogen, and boosts Alexite's health...
1d4 ⇒ 4
...restoring the fighter to consciousness. Alexite: +4 HP, prone.

Rexus steps over behind Orrias, and assists the elf with a momentary glimpse of his greater destiny, strengthening your sword arm! Orrias: +1 to d20 rolls for one round.

The party is up again!


Nerris: If you would have done something different, just let me know and I'll RETCON appropriately.

Sara: If you would have taken the opportunity to have Ruina run forward and attack, go ahead and roll for it.


F Tiefling Inquisitor(Heretic)-2 | HP 14/15 | AC17 T13 FF14 CMD 14 | F+4 R+3 W+6 | Init+6 Perception+7, darkvision | Special: Resist Fire/Cold/Electric 5, -5 to be tracked | -2 nl, -1CHA, bleed 1

"Drop you creepy bird thing!"
bow: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 = 17 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Elf Infiltrator2 l hp13, AC16; T13; FF13 l F +0, R +5, W +2 l 3/5 Inspiration l

"Enough already!" Orrias cries, cutting at the bird-creature's legs as its attention is on Alexite.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 hey! Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 4
Confirm?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 aww :(


Male Halfling Sorcerer 2, AC 13 (T 13, FF 11), CMD 10; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +8; +4 on all Fear saves; Init +2, Perception +2, HP 11/11 Sorcerer 2

"Linco Fenstrad would make this shot," Pip thinks to himself, hoping his own fabricated hero would inspire him.

Sling Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 4 = 0
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Pip's fingers slip during the wind up, and the sling bullet sails backwards, ricochets off the wall, chips a bit of stone off Calistria's nose, and lands in the water with a taunting "sploosh."

"Then again, I'm no Linco Fenstrad," he rues with a grimace. He then eyes the superficial damage done to the statue.

"I hope Calistria won't hold that one against me."


F Tiefling Inquisitor(Heretic)-2 | HP 14/15 | AC17 T13 FF14 CMD 14 | F+4 R+3 W+6 | Init+6 Perception+7, darkvision | Special: Resist Fire/Cold/Electric 5, -5 to be tracked | -2 nl, -1CHA, bleed 1

"Careful!" Indra yells at Pip.


Female Human
Courtly Hunter 1:
[HP 19/19] [AC 16; T 13; FF 13] [Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +3] [Init +3]
Ruina:
[HP 20/20] [AC 15; T 13; FF 12] [Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +2]
Personal Gear

sorry, on my phone so i can manipulate the tabletop. Ruina's inbetween Rexus and myself. Her ready action is to bite if the corby steps forward into bite range.

"Gotta put a little more omph into the throw," sara said before loosing another arrow into the corby.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Indra's arrow strikes home! -33 HP so far.

Orrias' sword cuts into the creature's leg! -37 HP so far.

Sara's arrow flies over the creature's head, and Calistria's visage impassively condemns you all for bringing Pip into her presence.

Alexite and Nerris can still act before the creature goes. I'll let you know now: It has ferocity, which is what's been keeping it alive this long, and it has 1 hit point left.


F Half orc Alchemist 2 AC 16 Will: 1 Reflex: 6 Fort: +3 Bombs 3/4 Mutagen: HP 15/17 1 NL

Nerris apprehensively moves up and tries to stab the corby with a dagger.

Move: Draw Dagger
Standard: Throw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 for 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1


F Tiefling Inquisitor(Heretic)-2 | HP 14/15 | AC17 T13 FF14 CMD 14 | F+4 R+3 W+6 | Init+6 Perception+7, darkvision | Special: Resist Fire/Cold/Electric 5, -5 to be tracked | -2 nl, -1CHA, bleed 1

Nerris, you may want to step back to throw so you don't provoke an AoO


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cad 2
Stats:
HP: 18/18, 2 NL | AC/T/FF: 15/12/13 | F+4 R+2 W-1 (+0 vs. mind-aff.; +1 vs. mind-aff. with alcohol) | CMD: 17 (18 vs. grapple/trip/steal/bull rush, 19 vs. disarm, 20 vs. dirty trick)

I have...got to stop...waking up like this, Alexite thinks as he groggily comes to. Like a real...bad hangover. Only...without the fun. As the sounds of battle slowly penetrate his skull, he realizes the bird-thing is still attacking his friends. With a desperate yell, he swings his sword up at it with both hands!

Attack (flanking, prone): 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Nerris’ slash goes wide, and though Alexite cuts at its heels, his prime positioning makes the swing just awkward enough to miss!

With a final gasp of energy, the creature retaliates against Orrias...

ATK: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
DAM: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

...and connects with its claw before its eyes roll up i it’s head and it collapses to the ground, totally spent and dead.

More later today, but assume that you’ve got a round to react!


F Tiefling Inquisitor(Heretic)-2 | HP 14/15 | AC17 T13 FF14 CMD 14 | F+4 R+3 W+6 | Init+6 Perception+7, darkvision | Special: Resist Fire/Cold/Electric 5, -5 to be tracked | -2 nl, -1CHA, bleed 1

Indra stalks forward and pulls Alex up from the floor. Don't let the enemy see weakness.
"Whoever you are, your bird is dead. Unless you want to join it, I suggest you surrender NOW!"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cad 2
Stats:
HP: 18/18, 2 NL | AC/T/FF: 15/12/13 | F+4 R+2 W-1 (+0 vs. mind-aff.; +1 vs. mind-aff. with alcohol) | CMD: 17 (18 vs. grapple/trip/steal/bull rush, 19 vs. disarm, 20 vs. dirty trick)

"Don't worry about me," Alexite wheezes as he stands with Indra's help. "Is Ears ok?!"


Female Human
Courtly Hunter 1:
[HP 19/19] [AC 16; T 13; FF 13] [Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +3] [Init +3]
Ruina:
[HP 20/20] [AC 15; T 13; FF 12] [Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +2]
Personal Gear

Upon seeing the bird collapse, Sara hurries to Alex and lays a hand on his shoulder. "Enough of your bravado, you need help too," Sara said. With her free hand she clutches her holy symbol as she feels some of her magic move from her to Alex, healing some of his wounds.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Halfling Sorcerer 2, AC 13 (T 13, FF 11), CMD 10; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +8; +4 on all Fear saves; Init +2, Perception +2, HP 11/11 Sorcerer 2

Pip steps along the creaking boards of the dock.

"No need to lay out any curses," he says to the statue of Calistria, his hands held out plaintively. "I may not be a doctor, but I can mend your nose. Um...I'll just need to wrangle a boat first, so please be patient."

He trots back away from the water and returns to his friends, hurrying along when he hears Indra issue her ultimatum to the unseen voice.


You hear quiet whispering in the far room, then a voice calls, "Lower your weapons, and we'll come out to talk."

Presuming you do so, there's a quiet moment before a group of figures steps into the light. You see that all five of them are tengu, carrying small blades at their belts and, for many, shortbows in their off hands.

Their leader ((Played by Ziyi Zhang)) steps forward to the front of a V-formation with her fellow tengu, wearing a finely crafted kukri at her hip and clad in a chain shirt over eastern-style clothing.

She narrows her eyes at you all and calls out, "Well, at least she got a few licks on you before you butchered her. I'm sorry that she attacked, and that we couldn't draw her off, but what's done is done. It's probably justice, in a way, since she's the one who killed the smuggler that brought us here. Now, who are you, and will you help us get out of this damnable city, or do we have to go through you on our way?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Tiefling Inquisitor(Heretic)-2 | HP 14/15 | AC17 T13 FF14 CMD 14 | F+4 R+3 W+6 | Init+6 Perception+7, darkvision | Special: Resist Fire/Cold/Electric 5, -5 to be tracked | -2 nl, -1CHA, bleed 1

Indra lowers her bow, but keeps an arrow at the ready. As they step out of hiding, she snickers. "Varisian textiles, indeed." She looks the tengu over as they approach. "Escaped slaves or just passing through?" she inquires. She holds up her hands in a gesture of peace. "Don't get your feathers ruffed. We aren't looking to turn you in."
Wait a moment. Perhaps these creatures could be of use to us.
"It might not be easy to get out of Kintargo at the moment. Do you know how your smuggler planned to effect an escape? If not, I may have an alternate suggestion for you." A sly smile crosses her face as she ponders how a larger rebel force could complicate things for the Thrunes.
diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 feel free to back me up here guys


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Sorcerer 2, AC 13 (T 13, FF 11), CMD 10; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +8; +4 on all Fear saves; Init +2, Perception +2, HP 11/11 Sorcerer 2

"My true, blue friend here is right," Pip says, adopting the most sincere tone he can. "We just wanted to find out what happened to the late, luckless Nan fellow there.
"But if you're dissatisfied with the folks running the show here in the silver city, then you've just found the right people to talk to."

Aid Another, Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Thanks to my Helpful trait, I add +4 instead of +2 with a successful Aid Another.


F Tiefling Inquisitor(Heretic)-2 | HP 14/15 | AC17 T13 FF14 CMD 14 | F+4 R+3 W+6 | Init+6 Perception+7, darkvision | Special: Resist Fire/Cold/Electric 5, -5 to be tracked | -2 nl, -1CHA, bleed 1

thanks Pip!
@GM: Would like to do a slight retcon of casting clw on Orrias before calling out to the tengu. Didn't realize he was passed out on the floor.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


F Half orc Alchemist 2 AC 16 Will: 1 Reflex: 6 Fort: +3 Bombs 3/4 Mutagen: HP 15/17 1 NL

Nerris walks up and stabilizes Orrias.

1d4 ⇒ 2

Upon seeing the trio she says," Listen why don't we all talk about this and get the story straight. I'll buy food. My treat."

Aide 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Elf Infiltrator2 l hp13, AC16; T13; FF13 l F +0, R +5, W +2 l 3/5 Inspiration l

So Indra's 5 would have brought me conscious at 1hp, Nerris' healing puts me at 3hp.

Blinking his eyes open, Orrias gives Indra a pained smile. "I could get used to waking up to your face," he quips to her, grimacing as he tries to sit up. Nerris' touch relieves some of the pain, but the corby's slashes are still deep and raw. "Thank you both."

Leveraging himself to his feet, he turns to face the tengu and shrugs, as if to say bygones are bygones. "I'm sorry for your friend, and that we all seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot. Despite the last minute or so, we've no interest in being your enemies. House Thrune is enough enemy for anyone. "

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Not crucial for right now, but just to make sure we're clear for everyone: Nerris' healing would have to go first, since it only works on unconscious individuals. I'm going to presume that this is known by all of you, and Nerris has been pretty clear about this in fights, too. Just something to keep in mind!

Also, DANG! That's a total of 32 so far on your diplomacy check. Lovely crit on that roll, Indra. Your combined efforts have taken them all the way from unfriendly to indifferent to friendly. And as a result...

The lead tengu makes a slight motion with her hand, and you can see the other four visibly relax their postures. "Food would be welcome, and your proposal sounds... intriguing. I'm Korva Fushi, and these are my sisters, Jay, Maggie, Treep, and Ruk. Nan was smuggling us out of Riddleport, before Chough there," she indicates the dead dire corby, "Got angry with the smuggler and killed him in his sleep after he said he couldn't get us to Westcrown like we paid him to. Her rages had been getting worse and worse lately, and it was only a matter of time before I was going to have to put her down myself. She rushed you because she had taken such a liking to that beast in the water. When you killed it, she was stunned for a moment, and there was no stopping her after that. You've only spared me some of the guilt - the rest I'll carry for thinking that I might be able to sway her away from her vicious impulses."

She shakes her head, sighing, then looks back to all of you. "At any rate, there wasn't anything we were liking about the idea of staying here in Kintargo. Going up against Thrune, now that sounds like something we could sink our beaks into. So you know what you'd be getting - the five of us have a bounty out on us. There's a prison sentence awaiting us back in Riddleport, and if it catches up with us, we might need your help to stay here longer term. Still want us to hear you out? Or just help us get out through the sewers?"

451 to 500 of 927 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / RESIST - GM Cyrioul's Hell's Rebels - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.