PbP Gameday #3: GM Silbeg's Thornkeep: The Accursed Halls (Inactive)

Game Master Silbeg

Map of Thornkeep
Descriptions of Locations in Thornkeep
The Accursed Halls


151 to 200 of 656 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice | Trailblazer's Bounty

Ophiuchus's floundering causes the goblins on the upper balcony to erupt into a series of giggles, and then raucous laughter.

Still waiting on Jaender...

Accursed Halls Combat Tracker:

Hall of Demons, Round 2

  • x Poochie
  • x Mouthy
  • x Sewer
  • x Chuffy
  • x Vox
  • x Einhardt (readied/guarding)
  • x Poog
  • x Sven
  • x Mogmurch
  • x Roudi
  • => Jaender
  • x Arturo

Damage & Conditions:
Jaender: 5 hp
Arturo: 4hp
Poochie: 3hp
Chuffy: 12hp (bleeding, unconscious)
Rita: Dead dead
Mouthy: 9hp (bleeding, unconscious)
Poochie: Laying down on the job (prone)

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Nagaji Oracle (Battle Mystery) 4 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions:

Looks like no one is really interested in helping me. Oh Merian, I had though we were all such friends. How I miss you.

Rolling to the right, Ophiuchus tries to kick over and find that his thrust is not enough to pass his center of gravity. He swings back to the left, and then twists again to the right. This time his left foot touches the ground before he teeters back to the left. Slowly rocking to a halt, the tries to swing to the left this time. As he whips his right foot across his armored body, his sheathed sword catches underneath him and he rockets back to center. Pondering for a moment, he decides to go end over end, and lifts both legs up as high as they can go attempting to go over this head in a backward somersault. His legs reach barely a foot off the ground before his core gives out and this legs drop with a thump.

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

Again attempting the reverse, Ophiuchus simple sits up. He looks around to see if anyone saw him. Placing his hands on the ground, the twists in a half-sitting motion and turns over to kneel on all fours. Rising up, he looks around to see if there are goblins nearby.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Wayang Sorcerer (Linnorm-Draconic Bloodline) 5 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (14 Tch, 12 FF) Fire Resist: 5 | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Fire Spit 7/7 | Spells: 2nd 5/5, 1st 8/8 | Daily Abilities: [Ghost Sound] [Pass without Trace] [Ventriloquism] | Active Conditions: None

Sorry for the delayed and short post...

Janet looks up, am covering his head protectively, protesting loudly at the hail of arrows.

"you'll pay for that!"

And with that, let's loose a gout off flames at one of the goblins on the balcony.

can't see the map, please move me closer if it helps, need to be within 30 feet.

fire spit, ranged touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 for fire damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Varisian) Level 6, #-4

Jaender: Moved you as close as you could get with available movement. You could also be one square west of there if you needed / wanted to be. You'd be attacking Mogmurch or Sewer.

Actual LOL from Ophiuchus. Still chuckling when I remember the post. Nice work.

Arturo tries and fails to stifle a guffaw as he sees the nagaji struggling to stand. He reminds me of an aged uncle that hasn't yet realized how inflexible old age has made him. Still, this is combat - no time to help those who can't even climb a simple statue.

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice | Trailblazer's Bounty

If I had 3D moduling I would know for sure, but I think you are close enough where Arturo put you.

Jaender's fire belches out of his mouth, first causing the remaining goblins to 'ooh and aah' before Mogmurch is hit by the gout of flame. The other goblins still laugh and giggle, saying "Uguns! Uguns!"

goblin, if you need it:
Fire! Fire!
.

Mogmurch, who is not killed, screams "Deg! Deg!"

Goblin:
Burns! Burns!

stabilize check, Mouthy DC 13: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
stabilize check, Chuffy DC 16: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sewer goblin fires another arrow at Jaender, probably because he doesn't want to be be hit with fire like Mogmurch. Sure, fire is neat, and all... but it hurts.
shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
And, another miss. (things went south on the gobbos fast!)

Vox and Einhardt are up.

Accursed Halls Combat Tracker:

Hall of Demons, Round 3

  • x Poochie
  • x Mouthy
  • x Sewer
  • x Chuffy
  • => Vox
  • => Einhardt
  • Poog
  • Sven
  • Mogmurch
  • Roudi
  • Jaender
  • Arturo

Damage & Conditions:
Jaender: 5 hp
Arturo: 4hp
Poochie: 3hp
Chuffy: 13hp (bleeding, unconscious)
Rita: Dead dead
Mouthy: 9hp (stable, unconscious)
Mogmurch: 2hp

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Varisian) Level 6, #-4

I should learn to speak this "goblin". Seems like a most humorous language.


N Female Wolf (4HD) | HP: -7/26 | AC: 18 (AC 24 moving through threatened squares) (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 (+23 vs. trip) | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | | Speed 60ft | [/ooc] | [ooc]Active conditions: Snake (animal aspect)

The wolf shifts five feet, ending her movement just south of the goblin known as Poog. For the moment, Einhardt waits with twisted anticipation for Vox to step forward, so they can attack and kill as one.

Move Action: 5-foot set to the square south of Poog. *token not yet moved*

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Hunter 4 - PFS# 141231-3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5 [+10 for cold conditions], R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +0, Knowledge(dung +5) (geo +6) (nat +6) | | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus: 4/4min | lvl 2 Spells: 2nd (2/day)—spider climb, versatile weapon; 1st (4/day)—CLW, endure elements, entangle (DC 13), faerie fire | Wand of CLW-charges: 13/50 | Active conditions:

Seeing the wolf shift to a suitable flanking position, Vox steps forward and swings at the goblin known as Poog.

Move Action: step to the square 10' north of Poog. *token not yet moved*

attack(Lucerne hammer with flanking & Power attack): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7
damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Vox swigs wildly and almost strikes the waiting wolf.

"Einhardt!" the you exclaims as his hammer swings wildly. "Look out!


N Female Wolf (4HD) | HP: -7/26 | AC: 18 (AC 24 moving through threatened squares) (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 (+23 vs. trip) | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | | Speed 60ft | [/ooc] | [ooc]Active conditions: Snake (animal aspect)

Einhardt lunges at the goblin as well.

attack(bite w/ flanking): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Varisian) Level 6, #-4

Just call me the move-alator! Helped ya out from my +2 laptop of house dad-dom.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Hunter 4 - PFS# 141231-3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5 [+10 for cold conditions], R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +0, Knowledge(dung +5) (geo +6) (nat +6) | | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus: 4/4min | lvl 2 Spells: 2nd (2/day)—spider climb, versatile weapon; 1st (4/day)—CLW, endure elements, entangle (DC 13), faerie fire | Wand of CLW-charges: 13/50 | Active conditions:

Ha! Thanks Arturo! Darn phone won't let me move my tokens. And I haven't tried accessing Paizo from work yet...

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice | Trailblazer's Bounty

Einhardt does what his human companion is not able to do... he actually connects with Poog. Since Einhardt is a wolf, shouldn't he be getting a free trip if he bites? I will assume Vox just missed that, and roll it, here. If not, we'll correct.

Einhardt trip: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 (Doesn't matter, anyway, this time)

Poog is enraged by the wolf biting him, and attacks back!
short sword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 He misses, and then falls to the floor, bleeding.

Sven is up, then Mogmurch.

Accursed Halls Combat Tracker:

Hall of Demons, Round 3

  • x Poochie
  • x Mouthy
  • x Sewer
  • x Chuffy
  • x Vox
  • x Einhardt
  • x Poog
  • => Sven
  • Mogmurch
  • Roudi
  • Jaender
  • Arturo

Damage & Conditions:
Jaender: 5 hp
Arturo: 4hp
Poochie: 3hp
Chuffy: 13hp (bleeding, unconscious)
Rita: Dead dead
Mouthy: 9hp (stable, unconscious)
Mogmurch: 2hp
Poog: 7hp (bleeding, unconscious)


N Female Wolf (4HD) | HP: -7/26 | AC: 18 (AC 24 moving through threatened squares) (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 (+23 vs. trip) | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | | Speed 60ft | [/ooc] | [ooc]Active conditions: Snake (animal aspect)

You're exactly right, sorry about that! I completely missed the trip attempt Einhardt was allowed. I was so happy after actually succeeding on Einhardt's attack (after Vox pooped the bed with his attack), that I forgot the trip attempt!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Varisian) Level 6, #-4

"Hey, Strong Brute," chimes Arturo just before the big man acts, "Think you can throw me up there?"

Silver Crusade

M Gnome Gunslinger 1 / Paladin 5, HP 61/61 | AC 18, Touch 13, FF 16 | Fort: +14 Ref: +10 Will: +9 (+2 fear/illusion) |Perc +6 Darkvision | Init: +4 | CMB: 4 | CMD: 16 | Speed: 20 | Grit: 5/5 LoH: 7/7 Shirt 1/1 Hope 1/1
Ammo/Wands:
Gunpowder 25 | Bullets: 3 | Ghost salted: 10 | Cold Iron: 17 | Silver:5 | Adamantine: 5 | Cartridges: 9

Roudantaimi, rather happy with his previous shot, starts filling his firearm with gunpowder.

Spending full round to reload. Yeah, the last shot was pretty awesome, shame to waste in on a goblin...

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Varisian) Level 6, #-4
Roudantaimi wrote:

Roudantaimi, rather happy with his previous shot, starts filling his firearm with gunpowder.

Spending full round to reload. Yeah, the last shot was pretty awesome, shame to waste in on a goblin...

I'm a believer in the nature of random. There is no waste - the past does not inform future where dice are concerned. The only waste was a bullet ;-)

Arturo gears up to climb up on of the statues to the top galley, I really hope I do better than Ophiuchus there. It really would be very embarrassing to laugh at him only to fall myself!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Unchained Barbarian 4 HP 41/41 53/53 : AC 20 (18 w/Rage); TCH 13; FF 18; F +7; R +4 (+5 vs Traps); W +3; CMB +8; CMD 20; Speed 40 ft; Init +4; Perc +7; Rage 0/12

Stupid work computer.

If 'Sven' can make it to a goblin (40 ft move), he will attack with all necessary hostility.

Scythe: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 6 = 14

If not, he will move to the base and assist Arturo on his climb to the higher goblins.

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice | Trailblazer's Bounty

Sven does not think he can make it to Poog, so gets ready to help Arturo up. We'll use his roll to be the Aid Another, so Arturo gets +2 on his climb check.

Mogmurch then fires his bow at the person who belched fire on him... Jaender.
shortbow vs Jaender: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 for: 1d4 ⇒ 3
He hits, and Jaender does not look very healthy at this point.

Roudi, Jaender, Arturo, and Poochie are up.

Accursed Halls Combat Tracker:

Hall of Demons, Round 3

  • => Poochie
  • x Mouthy
  • x Sewer
  • x Chuffy
  • x Vox
  • x Einhardt
  • x Poog
  • x Sven
  • x Mogmurch
  • => Roudi
  • => Jaender
  • => Arturo

Damage & Conditions:
Jaender: 8 hp
Arturo: 4hp
Poochie: 3hp
Chuffy: 13hp (bleeding, unconscious)
Rita: Dead dead
Mouthy: 9hp (stable, unconscious)
Mogmurch: 2hp
Poog: 7hp (bleeding, unconscious)

Silver Crusade

Male NG Nagaji Oracle (Battle Mystery) 4 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions:

As I am after Jaender

"Stop shooting us, you nasty goblins!"

Ophiuchus will double move if he has to to step in front Jaender to shield him from the goblin's ranged attack.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Varisian) Level 6, #-4

Arturo appreciates the boost.

1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25 -- Woo! I know it's just a standard climb check (and it's no 47), but for flavor with this swashbuckler / rogue...

Strong Brute interlinks his hands and holds them in front of himself while squatting. Arturo takes a running start and plants his foot squarely in the barbarian's grip. His knee lightly touches the man's shoulders on the way up, and he kicks off one of the nearby statues to land on the scaffolding holding up the structure the goblins are standing on. Swinging outwards and then back towards the platform, Arturo executes a flip to land on his feet.

If I have any movement left, I'll run towards the nearest gobbo. Otherwise, Arturo smiles and makes a flourish with his scimitar.

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice | Trailblazer's Bounty

As that was a single move action, that will get you 7.5 feet in the air. I assume you'll take another -- and the climb does seem pretty easy to Arturo!
Arturo climb #2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Arturo is able to get himself all the way to the top.

Note: Jaender will be able to either firebreath and move, which leaves him outside of cover, or he can double-move to get himself under the balcony. If he delays, Ophiuschus would be able to move, and cast a cure spell, if he wanted to.

Jaender and Poochie are up.

Accursed Halls Combat Tracker:

Hall of Demons, Round 3

  • => Poochie
  • x Mouthy
  • x Sewer
  • x Chuffy
  • x Vox
  • x Einhardt
  • x Poog
  • x Mogmurch
  • x Roudi (reloading)
  • => Jaender
  • x Sven
  • x Arturo

Damage & Conditions:
Jaender: 8 hp
Arturo: 4hp
Poochie: 3hp
Chuffy: 13hp (bleeding, unconscious)
Rita: Dead dead
Mouthy: 9hp (stable, unconscious)
Mogmurch: 2hp
Poog: 7hp (bleeding, unconscious)

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Wayang Sorcerer (Linnorm-Draconic Bloodline) 5 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (14 Tch, 12 FF) Fire Resist: 5 | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Fire Spit 7/7 | Spells: 2nd 5/5, 1st 8/8 | Daily Abilities: [Ghost Sound] [Pass without Trace] [Ventriloquism] | Active Conditions: None

Sorry for the delay again! Not usually my style... Hopefully life and work will slow down a bit soon.

"Gaaahh!" Frustrated and hurt by the hail of arrows, Jaender quickly shuffles underneath the balcony to get cover from the offending goblins. Confident in his companions to eliminate the remaining vermin, he takes a moment to gather himself, holding his bleeding wounds and the bolts sticking from his side.

Double Move to get under the balcony. I don't need healing before the fight is over... lets finish these bums first... :)

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice | Trailblazer's Bounty

Chuffy Stabilize, DC 17: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sewer sees Arturo climb up the scaffolding, right into is line of sight. Not wanting to let such an opportunity pass, he fires at the rogue.
Sewer bowshot: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
To his chagrin, he misses. He then drops his bow, and draws out his dogslicer.

Vox and Einhardt are up

Accursed Halls Combat Tracker:

Hall of Demons, Round 4

  • c Poochie
  • x Sewer
  • x Chuffy
  • Vox
  • Einhardt
  • x Poog
  • Mogmurch
  • Roudi
  • Jaender
  • Sven
  • Arturo

Damage & Conditions:
Jaender: 8 hp
Arturo: 4hp
Poochie: 3hp
Chuffy: 14hp (bleeding, unconscious)
Rita: Dead dead
Mouthy: 9hp (stable, unconscious)
Mogmurch: 2hp
Poog: 7hp (bleeding, unconscious)

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Hunter 4 - PFS# 141231-3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5 [+10 for cold conditions], R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +0, Knowledge(dung +5) (geo +6) (nat +6) | | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus: 4/4min | lvl 2 Spells: 2nd (2/day)—spider climb, versatile weapon; 1st (4/day)—CLW, endure elements, entangle (DC 13), faerie fire | Wand of CLW-charges: 13/50 | Active conditions:

Once the goblin has fallen to the ground after attempting to hit the wolf, Vox immediately turns and begins to climb, trying scale the various precariously placed debris.

As the youth attempts to climb, the wolf moves to guard Jaender.

Move action #1: climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Move action #2: climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice | Trailblazer's Bounty

Vox easily climbs up the rickety scaffolding and statues to make it up to the balcony. Once up there, he sees several ropes that are tied off up top ready to be thrown over the edge.

Poog DC11: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Morgmurch drops his bow, draws his dogslicer, and moves to Vox.
dogslicer attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 And the dogslicer shatters as it Morgmurch misses Vox, hitting the railing!

Roudi, Jaender, Sven, Arturo, Poochie are up.

Accursed Halls Combat Tracker:

Hall of Demons, Round 4

  • => Poochie
  • x Sewer
  • x Chuffy
  • x Vox
  • x Einhardt
  • x Poog
  • x Mogmurch
  • => Roudi
  • => Jaender
  • => Sven
  • => Arturo

Damage & Conditions:
Jaender: 8 hp
Arturo: 4hp
Poochie: 3hp
Chuffy: 14hp (bleeding, unconscious)
Rita: Dead dead
Mouthy: 9hp (stable, unconscious)
Mogmurch: 2hp, broken sword
Poog: 7hp (stable, unconscious)

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Varisian) Level 6, #-4

Arturo moves carefully around to flank with Vox.

I've marked my movement in. If I can't move on some of those partial squares and need to move through a threatened square, I'll use acrobatics to avoid attacks of opportunity.

Arturo acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Grand Lodge

Male Human Unchained Barbarian 4 HP 41/41 53/53 : AC 20 (18 w/Rage); TCH 13; FF 18; F +7; R +4 (+5 vs Traps); W +3; CMB +8; CMD 20; Speed 40 ft; Init +4; Perc +7; Rage 0/12

As his companions flank the other goblin, the brute drops his scythe and pulls out one of his javelins. He pulls it back over his head, puts his left foot forward, then flings it forward with a powerful snap of arm and body, aiming for Sewer's face.

Javelin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Wayang Sorcerer (Linnorm-Draconic Bloodline) 5 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (14 Tch, 12 FF) Fire Resist: 5 | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Fire Spit 7/7 | Spells: 2nd 5/5, 1st 8/8 | Daily Abilities: [Ghost Sound] [Pass without Trace] [Ventriloquism] | Active Conditions: None

"Better late than never..." Jaender grimaces from his wounds. He pulls out his wand of mage armor, and takes a moment to cast the stored spell on himself.

should have done that before I walked down this stupid hall... Won't make that mistake again!

"Thanks for watching me girl" he says with a smile, patting the wolf on her rear haunch. "you want a taste of this wand also? Let me get that for you..."

cast mage armor on myself, move to draw the wand first. Will cast mage armor on einhardt next round...

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Human (Minnesotan) Rules Lawyer 4, GM 5!

Strong Brute misses the nimble goblin with his javelin, which imbeds itself in the railing, while Arturo moves himself around to flank with Vox.

Poochie and Roudi are up, then gobbos.

Accursed Halls Combat Tracker:

Hall of Demons, Round 4

  • => Poochie
  • x Sewer
  • x Chuffy
  • x Vox
  • x Einhardt
  • x Poog
  • x Mogmurch
  • => Roudi
  • x Jaender
  • x Sven
  • x Arturo

Damage & Conditions:
Jaender: 8 hp
Arturo: 4hp
Poochie: 3hp
Chuffy: 14hp (bleeding, unconscious)
Rita: Dead dead
Mouthy: 9hp (stable, unconscious)
Mogmurch: 2hp, broken sword
Poog: 7hp (stable, unconscious)

Silver Crusade

Male NG Nagaji Oracle (Battle Mystery) 4 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions:

Looking at his companions scale the scaffolding, Ophiuchus sheathes his sword and attempts to retrieve his sling.
"Just a moment Mr. Hariylip. I would climb up after you but I think that I would just fall down again. And my butt is still sore. So I am going to throw some stones up there. Yes, I know that probably won't help much. Yes I know that I need to be accurate and not hit you. Just a minute I have to find it."

Rummaging in his pack, the nangji pulls out a bone from a skeleton, a bit of bat guano, some torches, a pewter mug from a tavern,"Just a minute, why don't you tell them a joke about the time Mr. Trask tried to hug the wooden statue." a charcoal drawing of Hamilton on parchment, his red wig, a kobold tooth, and finally produces his sling. "Got it. Oh, I got to find my stones." Back to his pack, the nangji continues to pour over miscellaneous items before producing his sling stones.

Standard to retrieve item, move to seathe sword.

Silver Crusade

M Gnome Gunslinger 1 / Paladin 5, HP 61/61 | AC 18, Touch 13, FF 16 | Fort: +14 Ref: +10 Will: +9 (+2 fear/illusion) |Perc +6 Darkvision | Init: +4 | CMB: 4 | CMD: 16 | Speed: 20 | Grit: 5/5 LoH: 7/7 Shirt 1/1 Hope 1/1
Ammo/Wands:
Gunpowder 25 | Bullets: 3 | Ghost salted: 10 | Cold Iron: 17 | Silver:5 | Adamantine: 5 | Cartridges: 9

Musket reloaded with black powder and a bullet, Roudantaimi strides forwards towards the enemy. Stock leaning firmly on his shoulder, the gnome takes aim on the goblins. The barrel points each goblin in turn, before settling on Sewer.

"Poochie! No time for jokes, we are in a middle of a battle. It's very important to look serious and professional, seriously professional, even. I mean it's perfectly all right to come with a witty one liner, but starting to tell a joke 'A gnome, an elf and a Kellid walked into a bar...' just has 'unprofessional' written all over it. Besides, just think if you happen to die before making it to the punchline, it would be very unpolite towards the listener. If we ever wish to be an established adventuring group, I believe we should..." ***BOOM*** "... AH I SAID WE SHOULD.... OH DAMN, NOW I DON'T HEAR MY OWN THOUGHTS..."

MW musket: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage, FA: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

35' in two-dimensional map, I don't know if the height applies to range. So maybe a -2 to hit..?

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Hunter 4 - PFS# 141231-3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5 [+10 for cold conditions], R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +0, Knowledge(dung +5) (geo +6) (nat +6) | | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus: 4/4min | lvl 2 Spells: 2nd (2/day)—spider climb, versatile weapon; 1st (4/day)—CLW, endure elements, entangle (DC 13), faerie fire | Wand of CLW-charges: 13/50 | Active conditions:

Hahahahaha! Great posts!

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice | Trailblazer's Bounty

Thanks to our friend the Pythagorean theorem, we can easily do the calculation... Roudi is 38 feet from his target, and still is firing with touch!

While Poochie babbles to himself, Roudi scolds the nagaji until he hears the retort from his own musket. The bullet flies true, and Sewer falls into a heap of bleeding goblin.

Sewer stabilize DC 14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Chuffy stabilize DC 18: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Both of these bleeding goblins stabilize.

Vox and Einhardt are up.

Accursed Halls Combat Tracker:

Hall of Demons, Round 5

  • Poochie
  • =>Vox
  • => Einhardt
  • Mogmurch
  • Roudi
  • Jaender
  • Sven
  • Arturo

Damage & Conditions:
Jaender: 8 hp
Arturo: 4hp
Poochie: 3hp
Chuffy: 14hp (stable, unconscious)
Rita: Dead dead
Mouthy: 9hp (stable, unconscious)
Mogmurch: 2hp, broken sword
Poog: 7hp (stable, unconscious)
Sewer: 10hp (stable, unconscious)

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Hunter 4 - PFS# 141231-3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5 [+10 for cold conditions], R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +0, Knowledge(dung +5) (geo +6) (nat +6) | | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus: 4/4min | lvl 2 Spells: 2nd (2/day)—spider climb, versatile weapon; 1st (4/day)—CLW, endure elements, entangle (DC 13), faerie fire | Wand of CLW-charges: 13/50 | Active conditions:

Vox nods to Arturo for helping keep the goblin occupied, the youth steps 5 feet away from Mogmurch in order attempt a swing at the goblin with his lucerne hammer.

attack(lucerne hammer w/ flank): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25
damage(lucerne hammer w/ power attack): 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


N Female Wolf (4HD) | HP: -7/26 | AC: 18 (AC 24 moving through threatened squares) (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 (+23 vs. trip) | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | | Speed 60ft | [/ooc] | [ooc]Active conditions: Snake (animal aspect)

The wolf stands near Jaender, her teeth still bared, looking up to the balcony she cannot reach. The sound of Vox's struggle reaching her keen ears.

guard

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice | Trailblazer's Bounty

And with one solid strike, the battle is over.

Those still on the lower level now notice the following:
At the south corner of this hall stands a large stone door. Seven thumb-sized sockets are embedded in the door, arranged in a ring around a starburst design.
The Door of Seven Stars

Those above see:
The upper level of the large hall is a ten-foot-wide balcony ringing the room. An open archway leads to the southwest, and sealed stone doors lead to the northeast and the northwest. You find two coiled ropes, that would give the goblins a quick way down to the lower level.

EDIT: Updated the link. Sometimes Google Drive really pisses me off.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Hunter 4 - PFS# 141231-3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5 [+10 for cold conditions], R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +0, Knowledge(dung +5) (geo +6) (nat +6) | | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus: 4/4min | lvl 2 Spells: 2nd (2/day)—spider climb, versatile weapon; 1st (4/day)—CLW, endure elements, entangle (DC 13), faerie fire | Wand of CLW-charges: 13/50 | Active conditions:

Vox tosses the two coiled ropes over the edge of balcony, providing a way up for his companions. "Up here, there is a hallway to the south, and two doorways, one northeast and the other northwest," he calls down to his friends.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Varisian) Level 6, #-4

Wow, nice work everyone!" says Arturo, thoroughly impressed at his companions' first real combat (after all, he did all the work against the centipedes*), "Well, we've got some interesting stone doors up here. Both lead to the north. I'm not sure what you've got down there, but do you want me to try to open them?"

* ;-)

Arturo walks over to the stone doors and starts running his hands around on the surface, checking for traps and sizing up the locking mechanisms.

Check for traps (+1 from my rogue trapfinding). Not sure if you want me to roll or not in these kinds of situations. When I'm GM, I say "GM rolls", but just let me know what you prefer for your games. Arturo won't open the door until the companions say so, but he will disable any traps he finds. My disable device is +12 (or +13 for traps). Happy to roll or have you roll for me.

Silver Crusade

Male NG Nagaji Oracle (Battle Mystery) 4 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions:

Interlude:
Ophiuchus strides over to a dead goblin. He reaches down and cuts a lock of black, smelly hair off the goblin's head. He rummages in his pack for an extended period of time before finding an unknown, sticky substance. Smearing it on the hair, Ophiucus 'sticks' the goblin hair to his upper lip, forming a bushy, walrus mustache. "Ahhh. Better. Now the ladies will think that Mr. Hairylip and I am twins. They will now want to sit on my lap and one day I can marry them and be happy again"

"Mr. Hairylip, after a battle Mr. Trask would always say, "Poochie, can you heal me. I am hurt real bad.". Shouldn't we do that now? I am hurt and little man that burps fire is hurt."

Cast CLW on Jaender: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"I have a new wand that can heal too" Before proceeding we should heal up and re-up the resistance chain.

Wand CLW on myself: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Grand Lodge

Male Human Unchained Barbarian 4 HP 41/41 53/53 : AC 20 (18 w/Rage); TCH 13; FF 18; F +7; R +4 (+5 vs Traps); W +3; CMB +8; CMD 20; Speed 40 ft; Init +4; Perc +7; Rage 0/12

The brute shrugs. He doesn't really care which way they go. Not knowing the layout, there is really no good strategy, so starting at the top and working down is as appropriate as anything he can come up with. He will walk over and climb up to the second level, ready to follow/lead once the consensus is reached.


N Female Wolf (4HD) | HP: -7/26 | AC: 18 (AC 24 moving through threatened squares) (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 (+23 vs. trip) | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | | Speed 60ft | [/ooc] | [ooc]Active conditions: Snake (animal aspect)

The wolf trots in a dismayed circle, looking up to the inaccessible Vox, and letting out a sharp woof in frustration.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Hunter 4 - PFS# 141231-3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5 [+10 for cold conditions], R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +0, Knowledge(dung +5) (geo +6) (nat +6) | | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus: 4/4min | lvl 2 Spells: 2nd (2/day)—spider climb, versatile weapon; 1st (4/day)—CLW, endure elements, entangle (DC 13), faerie fire | Wand of CLW-charges: 13/50 | Active conditions:

"If we are going to search up here, would someone mind tying a rope around Einhardt? I'll need to haul her up, as she doesn't do so well with climbing ropes, unfortunately," Vox calls down to his companions.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Varisian) Level 6, #-4

"Thank you, Mrs Hairylip, is it? Good idea," Arturo struggles hard to keep from bursting out laughing at Ophiuchus' antics, "Oh, it seems like I need a little healing myself. Do you mind? I've been intending to grab such a wand, but so many other lovely things took my fancy. Speaking of, Ophiuchus, would you mind terribly retrieving the sack that Strong Brute dropped on our way in? It's got some useful items in it. Nothing fragile, I keep all my flasks in my belt pouches, but all the same I'd rather have my stuff with us as we explore."

Arturo listens to Vox's request, "Yes, indeed! There is some rope in the sack that the strong brute had. Just throw it up here, Mrs Hairylip, and we'll do our best to pull that wolf up here. Or, we could always just climb down and start our search from that level. What do you think?"

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice | Trailblazer's Bounty

Spoiler:
Arturo: Perception: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25

Arturo believes that there are no traps on the door he is searching, but the door is locked. Oddly, though, the door handle works, but he can still not budge the door.

Given that you can see anything I do (even if I spoiler it), go ahead and roll. I am pretty confident that this group will not take advantage of player knowledge, anyway/

Silver Crusade

Male NG Nagaji Oracle (Battle Mystery) 4 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions:

The nagaji throws the entire rope up to Auturo. "I don't understand Mr. Hairylip. If I give you all the rope how will we pull the pretty wolf up? I could use some help up too. I don't know if you saw it, but I fell most definitely on my butt. It still kinda hurts. I think that if someone rubs it it might feel better. My mother used to rub my hurts when I was a little Nagaji. One time I was running away from some bigger Nagaji who wanted to take my perfectly straight stick away from me. Then I fell down and scraped a scale off my knee. I ran crying home and my mother game me some sweat treats and rubbed my knee. I felt better. Maybe you could rub my butt until it feels better?" Turning to Strong Brute, "I don't think he is as smart as Mr. Trask. Mr. Trask would have just had me throw one end of the rope up." Turning the Nagaji walks back to the entrance to the hall and retrieves Arturo's pack.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Varisian) Level 6, #-4

"Heal me, Ophiuchus, and I'd be happy to rub your butt,["b] says Arturo happily, his patience not yet exhausted, [b]"Now throw me the whole rope so we can tie it to something secure and then drop it down. That way, if we let go, Einhardt need not fall to the ground. Thank you for getting my sack."

Arturo completes his inspection of the top level, "Well, no traps up here on this door, but it won't open. I'll see what I can do..."

Arturo disable device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

(GM Silbeg, I sometimes roll off-screen. Just because we play PbP doesn't mean we need to lose touch with our physical dice (or Hero Lab's dice roller, or our iPhone... or...). The Internet is the best GM screen ever!

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice | Trailblazer's Bounty

Arturo, you do see two coils of rope already tied off up on the balcony.... see the description above. Also, I figured that is what you did, just, so far, I like to have all the rolls with the s*@$ty die roller here.

Silver Crusade

Male NG Nagaji Oracle (Battle Mystery) 4 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions:

Ophiuchus' ascent:
After tying the wolf securely for the topside pathfinders to haul up the lupine, Ophiuchus grabs hold of the rope and again attempts to ascend the rickety goblin structure. Starting off with his feet parallel to the ground, the Nagaji begins to walk up the structure ala 1960s Batman if you've seen it. As he walks up his backside falls further and further behind until his feet slip and thrust upward. With the sudden adrenaline rush, the Nagaji manages to hold on the ropes, but now he is upside down. "Can someone just pull me up the rest of the way?" he cries as he slowly begins to sway from side to side.

Once the Nagaji reaches the safety of the balcony, he heals any who need healing, starting with Arturo.

CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

I had this mental image of Ophiuchus climbing up and had to post it. Sorry for hogging the board today. By my count GM that is 2 charges for this battle. Also what are we doing about the stabilized goblins? Do we heal one for information?

Silver Crusade

M Gnome Gunslinger 1 / Paladin 5, HP 61/61 | AC 18, Touch 13, FF 16 | Fort: +14 Ref: +10 Will: +9 (+2 fear/illusion) |Perc +6 Darkvision | Init: +4 | CMB: 4 | CMD: 16 | Speed: 20 | Grit: 5/5 LoH: 7/7 Shirt 1/1 Hope 1/1
Ammo/Wands:
Gunpowder 25 | Bullets: 3 | Ghost salted: 10 | Cold Iron: 17 | Silver:5 | Adamantine: 5 | Cartridges: 9

Roudantaimi assists tying the rope around Einhardt. "Don't worry, doggie. We'll make a nice little Doggy-elevator, and you'll be up in no time. Dungeons can be difficult places to go without opposable thumbs, but we'll be here for you!"

151 to 200 of 656 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PbP Gameday #3: GM Silbeg's Thornkeep: The Accursed Halls All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.