PbP GameDay 2: PFS 4-26 The Waking Rune (7-11) Gameplay (Inactive)

Game Master Sam Sturkie

Interactive Map:Link


251 to 297 of 297 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Female Gnome Bard 9 AC:19 Fort:7 Reflex:13 Will:13

Juliet raises her flute a little closer to her lips keeping an eye on the lady.
perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20


Faldoc: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Zhal Peng: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Juliet: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Galdur: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

The Lashmistress: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Blackstrike: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Order
Blackstrike
Faldoc
The Lashmistress
Zhal Peng
Juliet
Galdur

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

Faldoc your up!

Sovereign Court

dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)

GM:
ShulerD has tremorsense and 15' reach, just in case it matters.

Galdur's fingers tighten on his hammer haft. ShulerD's fists tighten on themselves.


Noted, he senses footsteps see the O on the map. Giving Faldoc 12 hours or he's delayed.


Blackstrike
Faldoc Delayed
The Lashmistress
Calling upon the power of runes she snuffs the light from the room.
She steps back deeper into the chamber.
Darkness

>>Zhal Peng
Juliet
Galdur

Grand Lodge

Male Peri-blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Cl3/Wiz3/Myt4 HP 47/47
essential stats:
Perception +13, Init +0, darkvision 60 ft., Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +13; +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulson, Sense Motive +16

Zhal looks about in the darkness. Normally he would not be so worried about its effects, but knowing his companions, he quickly mutters a few words in Celestial. He reaches up to adjust the twin faced mask on his staff, and suddenly light as strong as sunlight pours out from his staff.

Cast Daylight on staff.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome Bard 9 AC:19 Fort:7 Reflex:13 Will:13

Juliet starts to play so her companions have the courage to defeat their foe.
+2 to attack and +2 to hit

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

Does Boomer have a chance to smell/detect the other enemy near us using his Scent (15')?

Boomer Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Faldoc Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34 +4 if human

If we sense him we'll have Boomer attack it. If not, I'll send Boomer after the enemy in the next room.

Bite, with Magic Fang, Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 for Damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

I'll wait for a ruling to see what Faldoc does with his attack.


AC 27, ff 27, t12 F +11, R +4, W +7 (+4 enchantments), Perception +13 (darkvision 60 ft., scent, tremorsense 30 ft.)

Shuler'D growls something in a gravelly voice.

Sovereign Court

dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)

Where?! Galdur asks, pulling some dusted mica from a pouch at his belt. Shuler'D slams at the space he is trying to indicate.


AC 27, ff 27, t12 F +11, R +4, W +7 (+4 enchantments), Perception +13 (darkvision 60 ft., scent, tremorsense 30 ft.)

"TMA" the creature responds in Terran.

slam: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 2 = 25 +1 if first ten minutes after calling (summoner's call), dmg: 2d8 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 5) + 8 + 2 = 21 + push (irrelevant?)

"Here"

Sovereign Court

dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)

"Got it!" Galdur shouts and follows with a incantation. Golden sparks spring up in the area indicated and the dwarf step closer to the space.
glitterdust (DC 14)

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

Going on the assumption that I can see the enemy close to me for now.

Manyshot: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 for Arrow 1: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 5) + 13 = 24 and Arrow 2: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (4, 2) + 13 = 19

Rapid: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 for Arrow: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 3) + 13 = 21

Final: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 for Arrow: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (4, 3) + 13 = 20


Zhal Peng - Overwhelms the darkness, with his own magic.

Juliet - Her song inspires you to even greater deeds.

Galdur and Schuler'De- The Eidilon swings a heavy blow at the stealthy form of the human, 1d100 ⇒ 87 slamming into his surprised form. Galdur's spell showers him in sparkling motes of glitter,
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 he grimaces as he was caught full in the face.

Faldoc and Boomer- The dog quickly goes after the man he smells, but he is unable to spot him. Boomer snaps at the source of the smell, jaws catching only open air.

Now easily aware of the figure, his form still blurry despite the dust coating him, Faldoc lets loose his arrows at the man. The first pair miss, the second,1d100 ⇒ 1 1d100 ⇒ 31 seems to pass through him, but the final shot pierces his flesh.

Blackstrike Taken 41 Damage
Enraged and inured the man swings his massive sword down at the dog! greatsword: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 17 - 4 = 26 Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 4) + 13 = 18 1d100 ⇒ 13
greatsword: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 12 - 4 = 11 Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 6) + 13 = 21 1d100 ⇒ 13

The blind swings fail to connect though and Boomer is unharmed!
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 He manages to blink away the worst of the dust and takes a more careful stance.

The Lashmistress

She hisses at the Eidilon "Get thee back from the plane thou hast come from!" Will DC 17: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Schuler'De lets out a moan as he forced from this plane, 1d100 ⇒ 12

Not sure it matter, but hes sent to a random plane.

Sovereign Court

dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)

"You B...Arrgh!"

If he takes damage on the other plane, he will have that damage when I resummon him. If it is enough to kill him, he'll return to his homeplane, but comes back at half hp at next summons. So it only matters if I re-summon him soon.

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

Bah, forgot to edit my last post. If Blackstrike is human then I get a +4 favored enemy bonus to attack and damage rolls as well as to Perception and Sense Motive, etc. Its been so long since I fought a human that I forgot!

Next Round

Boomer shifts and continues to harass the man!

Magic Fang: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 for Bite: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Faldoc fires four more arrows!+4 to hit and damage if human

Many: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 for One: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (4, 6) + 13 = 23 and Two: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 3) + 13 = 18

Rapid: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 for Arrow: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 5) + 13 = 21

Final: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 for Arrow: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 1) + 13 = 17


Random Plane: 1d17 ⇒ 8 Looks like he's safe for now.

Planes:

0.Material Plane
1.Shadow Plane
2.Negative Energy Plane
3.Positive Energy Plane
4.Plane of Earth
5.Plane of Fire
6.Plane of Water
7.Ethereal Plane
8.Astral Plane
9.Abaddon (Neutral Evil)
10.The Abyss (Chaotic Evil)
11.Elysium (Chaotic Good)
12.Heaven (Lawful Good)
13.Hell (Lawful Evil)
14.Limbo (Chaotic Neutral)
15.Nirvana (Neutral Good)
16.Purgatory (Neutral)
17.Utopia (Lawful Neutral)

Astral Plane:

The Astral Plane is the space between the Inner and Outer Planes, and coterminous with all of the planes. When a character moves through a portal or projects her spirit to a different plane of existence, she travels through the Astral Plane. Even spells that allow instantaneous movement across a plane briefly touch the Astral Plane. The Astral Plane is a great, endless expanse of clear silvery sky, both above and below. Occasional bits of solid matter can be found here, but most of the Astral Plane is an endless, open domain.

The Astral Plane has the following traits:

Subjective Directional Gravity
Timeless: Age, hunger, thirst, afflictions (such as diseases, curses, and poisons), and natural healing don't function in the Astral Plane, though they resume functioning when the traveler leaves the Astral Plane.
Mildly Neutral-Aligned
Enhanced Magic: All spells and spell-like abilities used within the Astral Plane may be employed as if they were improved by the Quicken Spell or Quicken Spell-Like Ability feats. Already quickened spells and spell-like abilities are unaffected, as are spells from magic items. Spells so quickened are still prepared and cast at their unmodified level. As with the Quicken Spell feat, only one quickened spell or spell-like ability can be cast per round.

Grand Lodge

Male Peri-blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Cl3/Wiz3/Myt4 HP 47/47
essential stats:
Perception +13, Init +0, darkvision 60 ft., Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +13; +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulson, Sense Motive +16

Zhal scans about, and seeing that Galdur and some of the others were engaging the blurred shadowy man, Zhal turns his attention to the other room. Seeing that the woman has gone out of sight behind one of the walls, Zhal hefts his staff, channeling power through his mask once again. Heat starts to roll off of him, and he gathers the power to one hand, in the other hand, a birthmark starts to glow a hot white color, fusing into the small bead, as he turns and aims to the other room, firing a small sphere of flame. It streaks off into the other room, and aims it to explode into the room, and hit the close corner.

Empowered Theurgy Fireball: 10d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 2, 4, 1, 6, 1, 4, 1) + 1 = 34 +17 damage Empowered

Save DC 21 reflex. Total damage 51. Using theurgy feat, Zhal sacrifices his Magic Circle against Evil spell, converting half the damage into divine damage. 26 fire damage, 25 divine damage. Aiming basically for the chain link area just south of where the woman is standing, and a 20' burst should hit her from there.

"Per ignem purgantur!"

Celestial:
By fire be purged!

The magic of his spell burns brightly, a harmonic symbol of fire and holy energy. There is a roaring explosion from the opposite room.

Sovereign Court

dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)

Galdur steps up & swings the hammer with both of his meaty dwarven hands
hammer: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19,hammer: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24dmg: 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11dmg: 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 15,


Zhal Peng - The fireball explodes behind her, DC 21: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 she is caught in the full fury of the blast!

Juliet - Her song inspires you to even greater deeds.

Galdur- The first swing misses the second, 1d100 ⇒ 69 lands solidly.

Faldoc and Boomer- Boomer continues to bit at the man, failing to land any substantial blows. 1d100 ⇒ 531d100 ⇒ 281d100 ⇒ 61 All of the arrows land true putting the struggling man down for the count.

The Lashmistress- Wary of the deadly archer, she conjures a wall of wind!

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

Faldoc and Boomer will move into the room, through the Wind Wall. As Medium creatures I believe we can do so at no penalty. The pair then attack the Lashmistress!

Boomer: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 for Bite: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Faldoc: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 Bah, damn crit fail!


Yes

Boomer bites the woman hard, but Faldoc's arrow goes wide. Come on shes down to 10 HP!

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

If I had a reroll I'd take it, but I don't.

Grand Lodge

Male Peri-blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Cl3/Wiz3/Myt4 HP 47/47
essential stats:
Perception +13, Init +0, darkvision 60 ft., Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +13; +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulson, Sense Motive +16

Zhal turns his attention, now that the blast has past and Faldoc has gone to the other room, and focuses his attention on the blurred man. With an upturned palm, Zhal gathers his focus. A quintet of mask shaped arrows start to take shape, comprised of a translucent bluish force, as he takes aim and looses them.

Toppling Magic Missile
Magic missile 1: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6
Magic missile 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Magic missile 3: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Magic missile 4: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Magic missile 5: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

17 total force damage

Trip attempt vs CMD: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24

Grand Lodge

Male Peri-blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Cl3/Wiz3/Myt4 HP 47/47
essential stats:
Perception +13, Init +0, darkvision 60 ft., Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +13; +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulson, Sense Motive +16

Zhal turns his attention, now that the blast has past and Faldoc has gone to the other room, and focuses his attention on the blurred man. With an upturned palm, Zhal gathers his focus. A quintet of mask shaped arrows start to take shape, comprised of a translucent bluish force, as he takes aim and looses them. He focuses them to try and take the man's feet out from underneath him.

Toppling Magic Missile
Magic missile 1: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4
Magic missile 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Magic missile 3: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Magic missile 4: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Magic missile 5: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

17 total force damage

Trip attempt vs CMD: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34

Dark Archive

Female Gnome Bard 9 AC:19 Fort:7 Reflex:13 Will:13

Juliet looks to the blurred out man and tries to see if her wonderful scream could burst his mind. Her music continues as usual.
ear piercing scream damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 3) = 11

Sovereign Court

dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)
GM Striker wrote:

Zhal Peng - The fireball explodes behind her, [dice=DC 21]1d20+7 she is caught in the full fury of the blast!

Juliet - Her song inspires you to even greater deeds.

Galdur- The first swing misses the second, 1d100 lands solidly.

Faldoc and Boomer- Boomer continues to bit at the man, failing to land any substantial blows. 1d1001d1001d100 All of the arrows land true putting the struggling man down for the count.

The Lashmistress- Wary of the deadly archer, she conjures a wall of wind!

Galdur curses his slow speed once again. "Nice work friends. Do we see the artifacts we are looking for?"

Assuming Zhal's attack goes toward the other target instead of the downed man. If not I will close and strike.

Grand Lodge

Male Peri-blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Cl3/Wiz3/Myt4 HP 47/47
essential stats:
Perception +13, Init +0, darkvision 60 ft., Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +13; +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulson, Sense Motive +16

OOC note: that post that I made was a double post, because the computer I was posting from was being dumb. the freaky part is that both spells did 17 damage. At this point, just pick which one you want to go with, and that is fine by me. was only supposed to be one spell cast. Also, my powers of reading are terrible. So yes I will move into position and aim at the lashmistress to take her down.

Sovereign Court

dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)

"Do you remember the blood of the first servant?"

GM Striker wrote:
Faldoc's arrows finally deal the killing blow to Kurshu, droplets of her blood splatter in such a way as to spell out a message in Thassilonian runes: "Enjoy your victory, and I shall enjoy mine. In your righteousness you have sacrificed my life to assure the rise of another. May Rune lord Krune skin you alive and use your flesh as the canvas for the scriptures of Lissala's second coming!"...

"Should we not kill these two? Not wake them of course, but can we keep their blood from working any more Thassilonian Waking?"

Assuming we have dropped them and not killed them?


Both are dead, accounting for the attacks from everyone.
<Insert Drum-roll>

Four thick chains extend from the walls to suspend a heavy stone sarcophagus several feet off the ground. A dozen cracks run across the sarcophagus's surface-opaque, bruise-colored vapor seeps from these breaks, pooling on the ground. Short lived flashes of energy sporadically dance across the stone and through the mist. Their pace quickening as if the beating of a heart returning to life.

I'm getting sheets ready tomorrow, will have them out and game sent on for reporting as soon as this last combat ends. Hope you've had fun, good luck guys.

The pace of the lights quicken to a frantic tempo, before culminating to a steady beam. A sudden burst of green light leaps from the emerald set in the alter that seems to melt through the stone. As the light slowly begins to fade, a man seems to step out of nowhere into the room.
You have 1 min of prep before he comes out.

He stands easily 6 feet tall, his head bald, his skin covered in a tapestry of every changing runes. In one hand hi grips a spear the other a rod covered in similarly shifting runes.

He quickly spots the results of your fight and frowns. His voice is like thunder, cracking and reverberating in the stone chamber. A voice filled with power and one expecting unquestioning obedience.

"Cadite super vultum vestrum, quod non finitur negabunt. Qui sanctissimam hanc ingressus cubiculum mea sanctum."

Thassilonian:
"Fall down upon your faces, cower before that witch has no ending. Ye who hath entered this the most holy chamber of my sanctum."

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

Faldoc will cast Fly on himself and move up into the air (how high is the ceiling in this place?) He will cast Magic Fang on Boomer one last time if that spell has ended.

Sovereign Court

dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)

Shuler De rejoins the party after a little bit of ritual from Galdur.
That is technically a minute in itself, if there is more time I will recast mage armor. If not, that will be my first action of the round.


On round 10 he appears, so if you want to cast it in front of him that will start combat, or you can wait and talk a bit, with how much damage Faldoc does to humans this should be a quick fight. You nuked his HP and AC with disabling all the runes.

Sovereign Court

dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)

"I don't speak you language Runelord,"Galdur says resting a hand on Shuler. "Zhal?"
Not casting

Dark Archive

Female Gnome Bard 9 AC:19 Fort:7 Reflex:13 Will:13

Juliet takes a deep breath and stays behind Zhal since she doesn't know the language and she doesn't really want to be seen by him.

Grand Lodge

Male Peri-blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Cl3/Wiz3/Myt4 HP 47/47
essential stats:
Perception +13, Init +0, darkvision 60 ft., Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +13; +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulson, Sense Motive +16

Healing to full with a couple wand charges, Casting bless on group, and then pulling out extend metamagic rod to cast haste, lasting 18 rounds

Zhal smirks. "Fall on your faces, cower before unending, ye who enter my holy hole in the wall. Basic monologue stuff."

"Cineres in cinerem redigens, atque serpentium. Sit tibi somnus per aliquot aetates annos, tandem in te omni tempore."

Thassilonian:
Ashes to ashes, dust into dust. Let the sleep of the ages which has lain upon you all these years, finally take you for all time.

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

Do we have any idea what type of damage we are to expect from this thing? I can cast Protection from Energy on myself but I have no idea what type to choose. I could just guess Fire or Lightning or whatever.


Sloth is Conjuration Magic, he is a lvl 17 wizard. Expect anything.

Krune: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Zhal Peng: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Juliet: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Galdur: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Faldoc: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Krune lets out a snarl of rage as he clicks his feet together sharply Haste He calls up a burst of sick green fog that begins to eat away at eveything in the room. As the fog begins to obscure your vision he is seen darting into its depth before it blocks your sight with its vapors.

Maximized 2d6 so 12 acid damage to each creature and object within it.

Your all up lets do this fast, 12 hours for each round max, if you don't post you will be botted.

Sovereign Court

dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)

"Aye, let's do this!
Is getting past the alter squeezing for ShulerDe?

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

Faldoc fires his arrows!

Manyshot: 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 17 + 4 = 29 for Arrow 1: 2d6 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 13 + 4 = 21 and Arrow 2: 2d6 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 13 + 4 = 22

Rapid: 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 17 + 4 = 37 for Arrow: 2d6 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (3, 6) + 13 + 4 = 26

Extra: 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 17 + 4 = 36 for Arrow: 2d6 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 13 + 4 = 25

Haste: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 4 = 28 for Arrow: 2d6 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 13 + 4 = 21

Then Boomer comes around and attacks as well! 40' of movement so he can get there.

Bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 for Bite: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Sovereign Court

dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)

Galdur casts a protective spell on his companion giving him a translucent emerald armor. "Find him for me in this fog," he coughs.

ShulerDe rumbles forward, massive hands crashing into the ground like a great ape. He calls out the runelord's location as (if?) he senses it.
Trample 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17 (DC 22)


Krune:Fog
Faldoc: Sets his dog after Krune, and tries to locate him by sound. DC 15 so no worries for you
Manyshot: 1d100 ⇒ 99
Rapid: 1d100 ⇒ 12
Extra: 1d100 ⇒ 28
Haste: 1d100 ⇒ 13
Boomer: 1d100 ⇒ 11
43 Damage

Zhal Peng: Reacts quickly to the disappearing form of Krune as the fog quickly envelopes the room. He hears the sound of Boomer biting at the wizard and tries to end things quickly with a pit.

create pit (DC 19) reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 krune easily leaps aside it.

Juliet: Juliet sings with all her heart!

Galdur and ShulerDe: The Dwarf casts his spell quickly and the sound of the combatants tearing into each other fills the room. Trample: 1d100 ⇒ 41
reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

ShulerDe Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Krune gets caught under the mighty onrushinf form of the Eidilon, but ShulerDe looses the ground from under his feet soon after tumbling down into the pit. Falling: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) = 11

Pushing himself up to his feet, he casts another spell.
Another more sinister mist rolls out from him. The spear seems to take on a life of its own as it casts a spell on the dwarf. Galdur, Juliet, Zhal Peng: Will save DC 18 or loose your haste

12 Acid Damage to all creatures and objects in the fog. (That's 24 damage on your equipment.)
Faldoc, Boomer, Galdur and ShulerDe, take 4 Con damage (DC 27 Fot for half)[poison effect]

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

Boomer Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Faldoc Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Oof, Faldoc is 43/44 and Boomer is 14/38 now.

Can Boomer go into the pit willingly without damage or drawing an AoO? Not sure how that works.


Boomer cannot willingly enter the pit as you cannot willingly end your turn in a space occupied by another creature.

Liberty's Edge

Half Elf Ranger (Urban) [15.0] HP 124/124 | AC 36 T 23 FF 28 | CMB +18 CMD 40 (FF 32) | F +15 R +22 W +13 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +10 | Perc +28 (low-light vision) | SM +1 | Stealth +24 | DD +25 | Acro/EA +21 | Climb/Swim +7 | Surv +20

OK, if Boomer can't get to him to attack then he'll just go as far south, away from the fog and stuff.

Faldoc assaults him with arrows again!

Many: 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 17 + 4 = 30 for One: 2d6 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2) + 13 + 4 = 24 and Two: 2d6 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 17 + 4 = 27 - High Hits: 1d100 ⇒ 51

Rapid: 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 17 + 4 = 30 for Arrow: 2d6 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 13 + 4 = 20 - High Hits: 1d100 ⇒ 83

Extra: 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 17 + 4 = 35 for Arrow: 2d6 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 13 + 4 = 26 - High Hits: 1d100 ⇒ 67

Haste: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 4 = 35 for Arrow: 2d6 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 13 + 4 = 26 - High Hits: 1d100 ⇒ 95


AND THATS IT FOLKS! The sound of a body striking the floor is the only response to Faldoc's barrage of arrows.

Considering there is a cloud kill and acid fog spell in the area, best to drag him and the loot out for awhile. I'll go ahead and makes Juliet's rolls for her faction mission and report this now, we can RP out the results.

Wall of dice rolls:

DC22 Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 Disarm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20

DC22 Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 Disarm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
DC22 Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 Disarm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
DC22 Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 Disarm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
DC22 Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 Disarm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
DC22 Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29 Disarm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29
damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
DC22 Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20 Disarm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28
damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
DC22 Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 Disarm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
DC22 Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 Disarm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31
damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
DC22 Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 Disarm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
DC22 Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 Disarm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
DC22 Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 Disarm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37
damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
DC22 Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 Disarm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28
damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
DC22 Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 Disarm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
DC22 Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25 Disarm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37
damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
DC22 Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29 Disarm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

So Juliet you find it impossible to hold onto the weapon long enough to force it to tell you anything. Further attempts result in the spear hurting you. Repeatedly.


As Krune dies, the stone sarcophagus and his soul gem rapidly crumble away. The sanctum's blue-green light fades and the strange vapor dissipates, leaving the sanctum dark but for the your own light sources.

Bereft of much of the power he once commanded and with his sanctum negligently drained of its magic, Krune does not trigger any cataclysmic effects in death. Instead, his death allows what magic is left in his body's runes to run unchecked-the runes first singe his skin and then scorch deeper, becoming grievous wounds on his body as they draw upon his fading life force for energy, writhing like maggots in a corpse. Within minutes, the runelord's body is completely consumed, leaving no trace of either his flesh or his tattoos.

You all are able to easily depart the chamber by grabbing hold on to the matching inscribed crystals, using them to operate the portal and return to Heidmarch Manor.

In defeating Krune, you have stopped one of the greatest foes ever to threaten Varisia from returning to power. What's more, the Pathfinder Society has slain Lissala's high priest, arresting the forgotten goddess's otherwise likely return.

The Pathfinder Society spends a considerable time congratulating and debriefing you all, and the masked member from your earlier meeting
wastes no time in taking the runelord's two artifacts and teleporting away-presumably taking them to the Grand Lodge in Absalom.

In the weeks that follow, word spreads around Varisia that the cult of Lissala had risen, that one of the runelords had nearly awakened, and that heroes-Pathfinders, more often than not-had slain him.

Truly a quest worthy of the Pathfinder Chronicles!

Thank you all for playing, it was a pleasure to run this for you. A very well balanced group with the right skills to get this done.

251 to 297 of 297 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PbP GameDay 2: PFS 4-26 The Waking Rune (7-11) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.