[PFS/Shifty] Faithless & Forgotten (Table 1) (Inactive)

Game Master Nik B.

Map and handouts


1 to 50 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Replaces Table 1


Map updated

The other area to the east is a large locked area he informed you was more general storage and administration

***

"I was thinking about something more private..."
"I see... Would you like to show me... the pantry Galavar?"

Galavar steps across and opens the door - gesturing at the contents, "By all means, you can leave your valuables or baggage in there"

The room contains chests for the guards’ personal belongings. A number of spare guard tabards hang from the rack along the northeast
wall.

He opens the south door, "The other privies are straight through, can't miss the smell, they might be more private, but mind your 'seat' lass as those don't get any warmth being so far away" he smiles knowingly.

The room is lined with triple bunk beds. Three guards are just waking up, obviously recovering from a late night shift. They’re groggy but conversational as they don armor. They look to the opening door and Zhatara peering through it at them "Excuse us milady, some privacy perhaps"

***

"Venison.... thyme.... fennel?"

The guard tending stew looks up, "Fine nose you got on yer, you a cook?" he asks as he keeps adding various seasonings to what looks to be todays hearty lunch.

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

Smiley laughs. He can't resist a little locker-room goading.

Har! The lady has seen it before, gentlemen. Up yer knickers and [excrement] your brickers, we've got work to do! That's what my brother Drago always said.

Say, can anyone explain that to Ole Smiley? I never quite got what he meant by that.


The five guards in the room give a conspiratorial laugh at Smileys jest, obviously his humour was aimed at the right level. Galvar just frowns slightly.

The Exchange

Male Human Fighter(Archer) 3 | HP 26/26 (stable) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +4 Perc +2

Jacques wanders over by Nali at mention of the stew.

He wafts the aroma of the pot and exclaims "Ah, bonhomme! C'est Magnifique! It is good to know that there will be good food waiting for us once our shift has ended."

He looks around at the others and smiles good-naturedly. "Let's not disturb the men who are off shift anymore, mes amis. We should continue the tour and get to our assignments.

Quicker started, quicker done, oui?"

He looks to Galavar and waits for the man to lead the way.


"Should be cooked enough - but no fine Galtan cooking here" he jests at Jacques.

***
Galavar looks back, "Unless there's something else you needed, may as well get comfortable. your main assignment is just being available if things get messy - unlikely though with the festival on"

Dark Archive

Male LN Elven Investigator/Swashbuckler 3 | HP: 12/23 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD: 17 (14 Fl) | F: +3 +1, R: +10 +8, W: +3 +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (+1 traps), SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: riddle boon

Kolris does a double-take when Galavar says they should just lounge here.

"But you've barely showed us the front door, Galavar. I'm pretty sure that regulations demand a full tour of the facility for all personnel."

He raises his arms and shoulders, slightly, in a hesitant shrug. "I mean, where's the armory; what's in the armory? How about emergency exits? What are the building's points of failure; where might we be needed? Where are the cells? We should really know who's being kept here, and what Cheliax expects for their confinement. Are there any dangerous prisoners? Important prisoners?"

"I don't expect there to be any trouble on Loyalty Day. In fact, it will probably be a boring day. The tour won't take long, it'll eat up some of the day, and we'll all be able to tell our bosses we did it by the book."

Diplomacy, student of philosophy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Could be Bluff too; Kolris doesn't know the rules. Both skills have the same bonus in this circumstance.

The Exchange

Male Human Fighter(Archer) 3 | HP 26/26 (stable) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +4 Perc +2

"At the very least, we need to know the layout of the back hallways in the case of some type of riot. We wouldn't want to get lost if trouble happens."

Bluff AA: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


"I make the demands here" he asserts high handedly, "And I am quite aware of what is required, without having a sword-for-rent remind me" the last laced with equal parts scorn and derision. The guards in the room go quiet, mostly out of morbid curiosity around how this might play out.

Jacques breaks what was about to turn into an uncomfortable silence and Talvar relents "Very well, I'll show you what you need to know"

Galvar leads you up via the left passageway, past the guard at the gate who unlocks the gate then re-locks it once you are all through.

He looks at a pair of very sturdy doors with a slightly pensive look "Prison in there, no place for the squeamish. Out of bounds for you lot anyhow."

He continues the tour around the rest of the circuit "Over here we have the Office for the more senior staff, and this way we have the vault. You need not concern yourselves with those"

He leads you back around full circle through the other gate where another guard completes the unlock and re-lock process, and returns you to the common room.

"There you go, a fine tour" he self-congratulates.

The Exchange

Male Human Fighter(Archer) 3 | HP 26/26 (stable) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +4 Perc +2

"Thank you, Sir.

We'll just deposit our cloaks in the storage room and get to waiting, then."

Heading into the cloak room, he will hopefully get a chance to talk to Nali and Kolris.

Whispering as well as possible, "With the guards standing right next to the doors, Sneaking by doesn't seem very likely. Maybe I can get assigned to one of the guard positions?

If so, Zhatara could try to charm the other guard in that hallway while the two of you try to sneak by and unlock the gates? I think our best chance of finding a back way out will be through the offices."

If they agree, Jacques will hand off the Elixir of Hiding to Nali and will quaff the Potion of Eagle's Splendor.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-Elf (Wildborn) Inquisitor 5 | HP: 34/34| AC: 18( 14Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Divine Favor(+2 Att/DMG)
Shifty wrote:


***

"Venison.... thyme.... fennel?"

The guard tending stew looks up, "Fine nose you got on yer, you a cook?" he asks as he keeps adding various seasonings to what looks to be todays hearty lunch.

Nali makes a non-commitial gesture, as she steps over to the guard. "When it's needed. When in the field, one must learn a great many things. Still, it smells quite good. What all are you adding?" she says before the tour that Jacques imposes begins.

Afterwards, she nods to Jacques and slips the elixir into her pouch. "Okay."

Dark Archive

Female Human Mesmerist 05 HP 43/43 - AC: 17 T: 13 /FF: 15 - Perception +8 - F: +4 / R: +8 /W: +12 - CMB +1 - CMD +13 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - Mesmerist Tricks 8/8 day

Zhatara silently seethes as she's made fun of. The woman wears an acid smile but says nothing, opting to wait until her prey will be alone in order to exact her revenge...

As soon as Zhatara finds herself with Galavar alone she'll fix her hypnotic stare on him (-2 to will saves) and then cast charm (DC17), hoping to convince the guard to follow her suggestions


Nali Faina wrote:

Nali makes a non-commitial gesture, as she steps over to the guard. "When it's needed. When in the field, one must learn a great many things. Still, it smells quite good. What all are you adding?"

"Isn't that the truth. Just some herbs from home, not sure what they are called - just been using em for years, as have others who grab 'em from the garden. Meat isn't always the freshest so it goes a long way to keeping the taste alright"

"Thrick" he introduces himself as he chops a leek into the stew.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Medicine Man 5.1 | Init +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +7 | Wounds L 26; N 10 / 46 | AC 22; T 14; FF 18 | CMB +3 | CMD +17 | Fort +10; Ref +10; Will +4 | Speed: 30 ft | Burn 2/7

"Any exotic spices? Mind if I look? I am a - herbalist enthusiast on off-days.", Malik starts picking up ceramic containers and bags from the spices cabinet, observing and smelling them. "I might give you the names so you can look them up when you run out."

Crunchy stuff:
Prof. Herbalist: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

"Pretty sure this here is crushed yellow foghorn root.", he states as he takes a whiff of one of the lighter ceramics. "They grow on rocky mountain ranges. Animals thrive near them. The flower tastes really bad, so they don't eat it. And as a bonus, this plant lives off mosquitoes and similar flying vermin. If you have a mosquito problem, just plant a few of these near your windows. Do you know why they are called foghorns? Well, the plant has a very distinct look - like... Well, an upward-facing horn. It attracts insects by secreting a smelly substance. Unfortunately for the insects, that substance is also sticky and acidic, so once the mosquito lands in it, it can't fly away, and is dissolved eventually. Fascinating plants, indeed. Since they grow on rocky areas, this is pretty much the only way to 'feed', and...", Malik continues talking about the wonders of yellow foghorns for a while, providing distraction for Nali, if necessary.


From what I gather, Nali and Kolris are holding a meeting in the closet by now, but...

As Malik talks the man nods along, quite interested. It dawns slowly on Malik that two of the herbs Thrick is adding to the stew are natural catalysts for oil of taggit that enhance its potency and could affect anyone who tastes it.

Dark Archive

Male LN Elven Investigator/Swashbuckler 3 | HP: 12/23 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD: 17 (14 Fl) | F: +3 +1, R: +10 +8, W: +3 +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (+1 traps), SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: riddle boon

Kolris is a little frustrated that their tour didn't turn into much more, but at least it gave him the opportunity to observe the process for locking and unlocking the bars to the back section of The Nail. He makes note of where both guards store their keys, and which key was used.

Jacques N'Fey wrote:
Heading into the cloak room, he will hopefully get a chance to talk to Nali and Kolris.

Kolris follows Jacques and Nali into the cloakroom, where he too deposits his cloak. Well, not my cloak, anyway.

Whispering, he shares his thoughts. "This place is buttoned up pretty tight. I'm glad we were given the oil of taggit. Malik's chatting up the cook real nice; I'm going to try to slip this in. Don't drink the stew!"

Note: moving on as if he has their agreement on this strategy. Feel free to speak up here if you disagree! I just like to keep the game moving, so ignore the actions below if Kolris is overruled.

He returns to the main room and joins Malik at the cookpot. "Hi, name's Kolris." He offers his hand to the cook, then urges them to continue the conversation. "No, don't stop on my account, I'm fascinated. Smells great! Please, go on; why is it that some plants are herbs like this, and others are just... I don't know... boring?"

He looks up at Malik for a response, but discreetly keeps his eye on the cook to make sure that he's engaged in listening to Malik's answer. Once he's sure the cook is engages in listening to Malik, he attempts to slip the oil into the stew.

Stealth, inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 7 + (3) = 18
Kolris doesn't have Sleight of Hand, and it doesn't look like anybody else has it either. Stealth looks to be the best option; let me know if you want a different roll.


It's going to be sleight of hand, unfortunately - or some other way to remove the fellow from the pot completely for a while

Kolris can't quite get the timing right to drop the contents of the oil...

Also a prudent time to make sure your plan is sorted as once the dominos begin to fall, they begin to fall :)

Dark Archive

Male LN Elven Investigator/Swashbuckler 3 | HP: 12/23 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD: 17 (14 Fl) | F: +3 +1, R: +10 +8, W: +3 +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (+1 traps), SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: riddle boon

Okay, skip the check then; I won't mark off the use of inspiration yet, either.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Medicine Man 5.1 | Init +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +7 | Wounds L 26; N 10 / 46 | AC 22; T 14; FF 18 | CMB +3 | CMD +17 | Fort +10; Ref +10; Will +4 | Speed: 30 ft | Burn 2/7

Malik peeks at Kolris for a short moment, seeing the intention. "You'd be surprised what you can do with these 'boring' plants. Let me show you."

He looks through the cabinet again, to find some whole cumin. "Aha!", he exclaims. "Simple, boring cumin, right?", he lifts his eyebrows in a playful manner. "Wrong! Come join me next to the privy and bring a mortar. It'll only be a moment. Kolris, can you stir the stew in the meantime?"

Malik starts looking for something in his satchel, while walking towards the privy doors, but doesn't open them yet. He pulls out a dried fungus of some kind. "This is your run of the mill red morsela. You can find them all around the place. In this region, at least. This is dried up, which is kind of important for our little presentation."

He urges Thrick to bring a mortar and crouches next to the bench, tapping the thing to indicate the location of his would-be makeshift laboratory.

The Exchange

Male Human Fighter(Archer) 3 | HP 26/26 (stable) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +4 Perc +2

While Kolris is busy talking to Malik and the cook, Jacques goes to talk to Galavar.

"Well enough, sir. Our cloaks are stored. We are here and fresh.

It looks like some of your guards have been standing duty for some time, we are ready to relieve them so they can rest their feet and get a bite. If that won't mess up you schedule, that is."

Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Zhatara, Smiley, a little assistance with that roll would be good.

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

Har, yup, you're right. Ole Smiley's ready to take over!

Bluff, Aid Another: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Smiley never was a very good actor.

Dark Archive

Female Human Mesmerist 05 HP 43/43 - AC: 17 T: 13 /FF: 15 - Perception +8 - F: +4 / R: +8 /W: +12 - CMB +1 - CMD +13 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - Mesmerist Tricks 8/8 day

Zhatara casually moves near Jaques nodding as he speaks:[b]"Well, we've been paid to help you. This is the least we can do I guess[/ooc]

Aid another Bluff check: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 = 22

I'd like to try lure Galavar into the storage room next

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-Elf (Wildborn) Inquisitor 5 | HP: 34/34| AC: 18( 14Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Divine Favor(+2 Att/DMG)

Nali looks at Malik's lessons into the wonders of plants, and moves to stand with Jacques. Easiest way to start sneaking about is to be near where I need to sneak into, she muses, as she nods to Jacques' maneuvering.


Kolris and Malik begin playing out their ruse.
Malik draws Thrick's attention for a moment and he half steps across to watch the lesson but is also keen not to burn the lunch. It is enough, however, for Kolris to dare to drop the taggit into the pot - fortunately, between Malik's distraction and Koris's sense of timing no one appears to notice.

Galvar visibly relaxes at Jaques approach (especially with the Zharata nodding on, and Nali and Smiley looking useful) and welcomes the offer to take on work, "We do have to supervise you during your stay, but what you say makes sense - we can share the load a little, at least until we are all relieved so we can enjoy the festivities in town. Tell you what, when that meal is ready we can rotate a couple of the guards so they can enjoy their meal, you don't mind eating last?"

About fifteen minutes away - interim actions?

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Medicine Man 5.1 | Init +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +7 | Wounds L 26; N 10 / 46 | AC 22; T 14; FF 18 | CMB +3 | CMD +17 | Fort +10; Ref +10; Will +4 | Speed: 30 ft | Burn 2/7

Malik shows Thrick a combination of red morsela and cumin. He crushes both in the mortar, adds a little salt, and hands it over to Thrick. "Now - if you ever have a riot or something, you can use what I just made. When reacting with urine - wild dog or wolf urine is best - it will create a horrid smell, even if only for a very short time.. Go ahead and sprinkle some into the privy. But be careful not to breathe in too much. And don't worry - it is very localised and doesn't last long. It won't spread through the kitchen with the amount I gave you."

"We were using this to make large animals turn around, if they came close to the camps. Ever seen a bear throw up? It's fascinating! And the sound it made, oh my... I'm getting ahead of myself. We put some dog urine into an intestine and tied it up so that it doesn't leak, then sprinkled some of this poweder over and put it in a half-open bag. When you throw it hard enough, the intestine breaks and mixes with this powder.", Malik has a nostalgic feeling and smiles a bit. "Yea - our shaman was great."

"ANYWAY...", Malik gets back into reality and announces it loudly. "... Time for lunch?"


Malik Rimeclan wrote:


"ANYWAY...", Malik gets back into reality and announces it loudly. "... Time for lunch?"

Almost :)

What's everyone else doing for the 15?

The Exchange

Male Human Fighter(Archer) 3 | HP 26/26 (stable) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +4 Perc +2

Jacques will sit down and rattle a dice cup, asking a few other guards if they'd like to throw some dice to pass the time until lunch.

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

Smiley nonchalantly stays somewhat nearby Zhatara, in case she has a sudden need for someone's neck to be squeezed.

Dark Archive

Male LN Elven Investigator/Swashbuckler 3 | HP: 12/23 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD: 17 (14 Fl) | F: +3 +1, R: +10 +8, W: +3 +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (+1 traps), SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: riddle boon

Happy to have gotten the taggit in the stew, Kolris also wanders over near Zhatara. Making sure that there are no other guards near, he whispers "when Galavar takes us around, let the rest of us take the first posts that he assigns. The goal should be to have you taking the last post. Hopefully that leaves you alone with him to work your charm."

He will then wander through the room, checking on the stew, and Jacques dice game, and also quietly sharing this plan with the others.

So, when Galavar bring us to a guard post to relieve the real guard, each of us should take the spots first, leaving Zhatara to take the last one. She'll then hopefully be alone with Galavar long enough to try the charm.


Jacques notices a couple of the guards already have a card game in play, and they call him into the game. Jacques sits down with the pair, they deal him a hand of cards and the game resumes, "Stakes are pretty high, reckon we're going for a few drinks later after we get off the shift. We may have missed most of the festival but we can always catch up and there's a tavern sells its homebrewed swill in big jugs for small coin. Anyhow, loser at the end here has to buy the first round. Take it you are good for a silver piece?"

***

Meanwhile back at the stew, as the Malik's lesson concludes Thrick notices it has now been left untended as Kolris has wandered off after dropping the taggit. It is bubbling away furiously and beginning to burn...

***

Smiley waits patiently.

The Exchange

Male Human Fighter(Archer) 3 | HP 26/26 (stable) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +4 Perc +2

"A silver sounds excellent, what are we playing?"

Jacques will plan to lose more often than he wins.

Profession (Gambler): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Dark Archive

Female Human Mesmerist 05 HP 43/43 - AC: 17 T: 13 /FF: 15 - Perception +8 - F: +4 / R: +8 /W: +12 - CMB +1 - CMD +13 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - Mesmerist Tricks 8/8 day

Zhatara nods to Kolris and sets her gaze on Galavar...

Hypnotic stare on Galavar and as soon as there are no other guards able to notice her spellcasting Zhatara casts charm on him (DC17)

Dark Archive

Male LN Elven Investigator/Swashbuckler 3 | HP: 12/23 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD: 17 (14 Fl) | F: +3 +1, R: +10 +8, W: +3 +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (+1 traps), SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: riddle boon

Ooops! Forgot I was supposed to be attending the stew. Would you allow me a perception check to notice the boiling and get back to it?

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Jacques settles in. "Five card draw. That cheap swill won't pay for itself, mighty kind of you to volunteer your pay!" they jest, all good-natured.

***

Kolris notices the pot but so has Thrick. Fortunately it is only a bit burnt.

***

Zhatara bides her time, waiting to mesmerise the supervisor...

***

About a minute before the stew is 'ready'

Dark Archive

Male LN Elven Investigator/Swashbuckler 3 | HP: 12/23 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD: 17 (14 Fl) | F: +3 +1, R: +10 +8, W: +3 +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (+1 traps), SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: riddle boon

Kolris apologizes to Thrick. "So sorry... I always burned Mom's stew too!" He looks into the pot with concern. "Is it going to be all right? It'd be a shame to throw out all that stew."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Medicine Man 5.1 | Init +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +7 | Wounds L 26; N 10 / 46 | AC 22; T 14; FF 18 | CMB +3 | CMD +17 | Fort +10; Ref +10; Will +4 | Speed: 30 ft | Burn 2/7

Malik looks at Thrick and shrugs. "He's a terrible cook, but otherwise very competent."

He turns his head to Kolris afterwards, feinting a look of dissappointment. Or is he feinting?

The Exchange

Male Human Fighter(Archer) 3 | HP 26/26 (stable) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +4 Perc +2

Jacques blows out his moustaches as he collects his hand.

"Draw, eh? I'm much better at Anaconda, but it's your game.

I haven't been able to win at Draw since that time I played with a gillman during a trip to Absalom..."

Jacques will launch into a long-winded (and completely fabricated) story of beating a gillman at poker and being cursed by said gillman after the game. He doesn't expect anyone to really believe the story, and is just being sociable, adding a bit of color to the guards' evening. Being distracting never hurts, either.

Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Kolris and Thrick agree the stew is just fine (probably wasn't gourmet to begin with).

Malik is also engaging with Thrick, and as two people say it's fine he goes with the crowd consensus and shrugs his shoulders, happy enough.

Meanwhile at the table, the cardplayers are loving the ripping yarn Jacques is telling - everyone is sure the tale is embellished, as all good ones are, but no one is sure which bit is the stretch.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-Elf (Wildborn) Inquisitor 5 | HP: 34/34| AC: 18( 14Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Divine Favor(+2 Att/DMG)

With most everyone else being 'sociable', Nali feels a bit lost. As such, she does what comes the most natural to her: she slips into the background and stays out of the way.

I'm sorry, but I don't have much to add to this in general, until we strike.


"It's time" Galvar suggests "Kind offer to rotate out some of the guards. I'll take the dwarven warrior and the two swordsmen" he declares as three freshly rested guards come out of the barracks.

"The visitors can cover the front door, easy enough to keep an eye on 'em to ensure they don't get into anything above their heads. Two of you can do a patrol, and when you get back you can relieve the gate guards - you can eat when you get back after this lot have had a feed."

Galvar steps to the door and simply relays the same information to the guards in the coridoor.

Jacques, Kolris, Smiley now on guard

***

"The meal is ready!" Thrick declares as he dishes up a bowl for everyone in the room and they start getting passed around "Hmmm THIRTEEN of us in here, unlucky 'eh?" he jests to Malik his 'assistant' chef.

The guards start eating...

Bowls have been handed to Malik, Nali, Zhatara.

The Exchange

Male Human Fighter(Archer) 3 | HP 26/26 (stable) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +4 Perc +2

Zhatara, maybe now would be a good chance to take a bowl down to the guard in Kolris' hallway? You could either convince him to eat or just charm him to hand over the keys.

Dark Archive

Female Human Mesmerist 05 HP 43/43 - AC: 17 T: 13 /FF: 15 - Perception +8 - F: +4 / R: +8 /W: +12 - CMB +1 - CMD +13 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - Mesmerist Tricks 8/8 day

Zhatara considers her options and nods as Jacques points out how the guard who's standing alone at the north-eastern door should get to eat too:"I can bring his soup to him. After all we're here and the least we can do is to make ourselves useful..."

If given the soup Zhatara will bring it to the guard standing alone in the east, fix her hynotic gaze on him and then cast charm while he's eating. DC is 17 and he should have a -2 to will saves

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Medicine Man 5.1 | Init +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +7 | Wounds L 26; N 10 / 46 | AC 22; T 14; FF 18 | CMB +3 | CMD +17 | Fort +10; Ref +10; Will +4 | Speed: 30 ft | Burn 2/7

The half-orc grins, looks around the room and mentally checks the number of people present. After Zhatara stands up, he looks back at Thrick with a smile. "Twelve, we're good." He looks at the steaming soup, and sets his bowl on the bench just next to him. "I'm from the cold north. Used to less hot meals. I'll just leave it to cool off for a minute or two. Smells great, though. Good job!"

Dark Archive

Male LN Elven Investigator/Swashbuckler 3 | HP: 12/23 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD: 17 (14 Fl) | F: +3 +1, R: +10 +8, W: +3 +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (+1 traps), SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: riddle boon

Kolris watches Zhatara go by, and gives her a nod. He keeps his eyes forward, but tries to keep his attention on what happens down that hall.


Perception 1d20 ⇒ 20

Zhatara slips out the door, unaccompanied. This is noticed by Galvar who rolls his eyes and exhales loudly "Why do they walk around without an escort? It's that odd one who seems to want to investigate every nook and cranny and needs someone to hold her hands in the latrines" he puts down his bowl and takes two guards with him and steps out behind her.

***

Party 'soup eaters'
Obviously not eating:
Malik
Zhatara

Nali, going to make it 3 from 3?

***

Minute 1

Dark Archive

Female Human Mesmerist 05 HP 43/43 - AC: 17 T: 13 /FF: 15 - Perception +8 - F: +4 / R: +8 /W: +12 - CMB +1 - CMD +13 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - Mesmerist Tricks 8/8 day

"This is becoming seriously annoying..."

Her plan busted, Zhatara seethes and brings the soup to the guard along with her following.


Zhatara now has four people with her. Galvar raises his objection "We only go places with our escort, and we certainly don't eat in the halls - that is what the common room is for"

Galvar starts a long-winded conversation about hygiene in a prison, the discipline of guards at their post, and the essential security requirement of always travelling in (at least) pairs.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-Elf (Wildborn) Inquisitor 5 | HP: 34/34| AC: 18( 14Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Divine Favor(+2 Att/DMG)

Nali notes that the others have avoided the stew so far, and if she does too, they may get suspicious. So, she sets the bowl on a table and takes a seat. After a couple moments to silently give thanks, She begins to eat.

Nali isn't eating it, but acting like she is while looking for a means to dissappear out of sight. What type of check do you want to call that?


With a minute in, bluff or sleight of hand :)

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-Elf (Wildborn) Inquisitor 5 | HP: 34/34| AC: 18( 14Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Divine Favor(+2 Att/DMG)

No slight of hand, so bluff it is.

Bluff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Can't keep it up for long, but for me that's not too bad.

1 to 50 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS / Shifty] Faithless & Forgotten (Table 1) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.