PFS PbP Gameday V - #9-00- Assault on Absolom: Tier 1-2 *CORE* (Inactive)

Game Master Uktar

This Scenario is a Special being run as part of the second session of the Official PFS PbP Game Day VII, from October 1 through November 12, 2018. This is a CORE table for tier 1-2.

Overseer GM Thread: Overseer thread t/k
Overarching Map/Status Page: Overseer Status t/k


1 to 50 of 419 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Open for dotting AFTER you've signed up at the following link:
signup sheet for specials for PbP VII
Please note that the Assault on Absolom signups are the fourth tab from the left on the bottom of the page. And be sure to signup at GM Uktar's table.

Sovereign Court

* * Pathfinder Core! * * M Halfling 5 Bard
Tag:
NG Halfling S Bard 5 | HP: 38/38 | AC 20; TC 15; FF 16 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | Fort +3; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +6 |Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Performance: 15/15

A little halfling cheerfully claps his hands and bounces up and down in his chair.

"I am ssssssoooooo-oooooo excited to go on a new adventure! Oh what a wonderful story this will make for my chronicles! I can't wait to meet all my new and wonderful friends!"

Grand Lodge

“Pathfinders, our beloved Absalom faces the threat of invasion and needs our help. Just as Absalom has been our Society’s home for centuries, so does it fall to us to aid in its defense. Find the group to which you’ve been assigned, lend a hand as the city prepares for the siege, and be ready for more instructions.”


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Hundreds of Pathfinders stand waiting at the Grand Lodge for news of the coming battle, and a murmur of anticipation has risen from the nervous crowd. Master of Swords Marcos Farabellus takes the lectern, raises his hand for attention, and speaks: “Pathfinders, thank you for answering my call. It has been two days since we received news of an army of demonic abominations building a siege castle in the Cairnlands north of Absalom. Today, the Grand Council of Absalom announced they have invoked an old wartime law, according to which a Siege Lord must be appointed to oversee the city’s defense. They’ve made an excellent choice: Wynsal Starborn, District Seat on the Grand Council and retired Captain of the First Guard.

“He has already organized scouting forays and evacuations of the outer towns in preparation for a siege. The Pathfinder Society has pledged to help the Siege Lord with the preparations. All of you have been assigned to teams, and if you have already found the other members of your team, you should get started. Go now, but be ready to return here when you hear the signal horn.”

Pathfinders, please introduce yourselves.
Images for Assault on Abosolom

Grand Lodge

M Gnome Druid 2 HP 15 / 15 AC 19 ( Touch 14 Flat 16) / Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +7 / CMB +0 | CMD 13 FF 12 / Init +2 / Perception +10

A gnome wearing leather armor carrying a wooden shield and a curved sword bouncing on his hip runs up to the group.

"Zeebo Zane of the Element Fire Druidic order reporting in."

Dark Archive

LN Male Elf Fighter 1 (Core) | HP: 10/10 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F:2 R:4 W:0 | Init: 6 | Speed 30ft. | Active conditions: None. (Arrows Used: 8)

A regal looking elf walks in wearing well-kept ebony leathers and an ornate longbow fastened to his back. His quivers are filled to the brim and his face shows a battle-ready concentration.

"Master of Swords, well met." he says professionally before bowing.

"I am Duath Cuthalion of Kyonin. I have been chosen to join the Pathfinders and am reporting for duty."

The elf may seem cold to others but it is clear he has been trained to take all matters seriously. He turns to his allies and gives smaller bows.

Scarab Sages

* * * * * C O R E * * * * * Female LN Dwarf Monk 2 - Init +2, Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +8, AC 19/ touch 15/ ff 17; hp 24/24, F+6, R+5, W+6, Speed 20 ft. Skills Acrobatics 7, Appraise 1, Bluff -3, Climb 6, Diplomacy -3, Disguise -3, Escape Artist 6, Fly 2, Heal 3, Intimidate -3, Knowledge (religion) 5, Perception 8, Ride 2, Sense Motive 7, Stealth 6, Survival 3, Swim 6

A squat dwarf woman follows quietly behind Duath. After the elf speaks, she says, "I am Shukara. Like Duath here, I have been drafted into fast-tracked recruitment program of the Pathfinder Society... because martial law is in effect. I shall help in any way I can in the defense of our city."

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.2 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

A tall human human with sun-bleached blond hair and blues eyes enters the meeting's chamber. He wears no armor but leather jeans and a vest, that partly exposes his chest. He carries a spear as a walking stick.

He smiles at those gathering, "Greetings. I am Hudor. A water caster."

Grand Lodge

M Gnome Druid 2 HP 15 / 15 AC 19 ( Touch 14 Flat 16) / Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +7 / CMB +0 | CMD 13 FF 12 / Init +2 / Perception +10

When hearing Hudor's greeting,Zeebo gives off a hiss sound.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

As you mill about in the streets near the Grand Lodge, waiting to be summoned to the city's defense, you notice many grizzled veteran agents running about as if they know what they're doing. You sort of slip back to the edges of the road to keep out of the way.

Suddenly, Zeebo points to a nearby roof and cries out: "HEY! There's someone watching from the rooftops. I think he's a SPY!"
As if to confirm Zeebo's shouted suspicions, the shadowy figure quickly ducks back from his perch where he was observing the Grand Lodge, and you see him leap to the next rooftop, fleeing the area.

At the moment, there doesn't seem to be any other pathfinder agents who've noticed. It's up to you to try and stop him!

Feel free to make a climb check or an Acrobatics check (you can include any bonus for jumping) to give chase. If you have other abilities/tricks up your sleeve that might be relevant, let us know. Nothing that involves targeting the spy, since he's out of line of sight/effect--more like abilities that'd help get up to roof and get to him. You are allowed to Aid Another, if these aren't your strong skills--using the same skill, of course.

GM Stuff:
Duath perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Flaith perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Hudor perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Morka perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Shukara perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Zeebo perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

And to be clear, technically we're still mustering. The scenario just has some fun flavor stuff you can do during the mustering process. The adventure really starts when the horn sounds. So we're not going into initiative, having combats, or anything like that.

Scarab Sages

* * * * * C O R E * * * * * Female LN Dwarf Monk 2 - Init +2, Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +8, AC 19/ touch 15/ ff 17; hp 24/24, F+6, R+5, W+6, Speed 20 ft. Skills Acrobatics 7, Appraise 1, Bluff -3, Climb 6, Diplomacy -3, Disguise -3, Escape Artist 6, Fly 2, Heal 3, Intimidate -3, Knowledge (religion) 5, Perception 8, Ride 2, Sense Motive 7, Stealth 6, Survival 3, Swim 6

Skukara gives chase and starts climbing the building!

Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Grand Lodge

M Gnome Druid 2 HP 15 / 15 AC 19 ( Touch 14 Flat 16) / Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +7 / CMB +0 | CMD 13 FF 12 / Init +2 / Perception +10

Zeebo casts Guidance on Shukara. Knowing that he is not a person to give chase.

He will also aid in Shukara's climbing Aid Climbing: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Or not

Dark Archive

LN Male Elf Fighter 1 (Core) | HP: 10/10 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F:2 R:4 W:0 | Init: 6 | Speed 30ft. | Active conditions: None. (Arrows Used: 8)

Aid Another (Climb): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

"Quickly, we must apprehend the spy. I will help you up." he says getting in position to push others onto the roof.

Sovereign Court

female Human Paladin 3
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF18 HP 22/2 F+6 R+5 W+4 Init +3 Perception -1 CMD 18

A young blond young woman, bearing the arms of her faith on her shield bows as she enters the room.
"My name is Flaith, a true follower Iomedea. I am very pleased to be chosen to join your task!"

Sovereign Court

* * Pathfinder Core! * * M Halfling 5 Bard
Tag:
NG Halfling S Bard 5 | HP: 38/38 | AC 20; TC 15; FF 16 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | Fort +3; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +6 |Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Performance: 15/15

The young halfling springs up after the following the group very excitedly. "Oh my! A chase scene already! This is a really quick start to our adventure, friends! Name's Morka. Magnificent Morka the Master of Mischeif! Let see...who ever gets to catch him first gets a gold coin?" - he flicks the coin up, obviously distracting everyone for a few moments as him and the gold coin disappear. You see the halfling now attempting to scale his way towards the spyyyyyy!

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 -- he will run and jump and spring after him!

Hey Uktar, i'm sorry i'm working on the character sheet and everything now. It will be ready before we start play properly. Morka has a +7 perception so he should have seen something hehehe...

Sovereign Court

* * Pathfinder Core! * * M Halfling 5 Bard
Tag:
NG Halfling S Bard 5 | HP: 38/38 | AC 20; TC 15; FF 16 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | Fort +3; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +6 |Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Performance: 15/15

Just wanted to let you know that character is set up. I will keep track of spells and performances in chat. Also, a bot functioned has been set up as well, in case I am missing for too long.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

No worries, players. Thanks for jumping in a bit early. I apologize for the early start. It's bad timing for me. But overseer announced the muster, so onward we go!

Zeebo quickly shares a little Guidance with Shakura, but then he and Duath get in each others' way as they try and give her a boost. Shakura just rolls her eyes (Men!) and then clambers up after the spy, who redoubles his efforts at fleeing.

Suddenly a halfling leaps in his way, and the spy attempts to dodge, miscalculating his jump to the next roof. He lets out a startled shriek as he tumbles to the ground at Flaith's feet. With his last dying breath he utters a curse in Abyssal, then says in common, “You’re no match for the demon-flesh army my liege commands!” Flaith attempts to stabilize the spy, but to no avail. She does, however, notice a symbol resembling a bull’s head branded on his skin.

Thanks to our heroics, your team has earned the following boon:
Once during the adventure, when the group encounters one or more construct opponents, the group can activate this reward to grant the PCs a +4 bonus on their initiative checks for that encounter.

tallied in 9-00 Assault on Absolom images


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

The Assistant to the Master of Spells Assistant comes running up to you. He eyes you all dubiously, then settles on speaking with Hudor and Morka, "You'll have to do, I s'pose. Quickly, Absolom's magical defensive wards must be buttressed. Go to the Arcanamirium and assist them!"

Your party makes your way there, and a young prestidigitator asks, "What do you know about Abjuration?"

Knowledge (arcana or religion), Spellcraft, or Use Magic Device. Make your own roll, or assist someone else. CANNOT assist on UMD. These are all trained skills (bardic knowledge, etc, of course can be used...)

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.2 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Have all three skills, but UMD has best modifier.

UMD: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Follows the Assistant that requested their help. "Glad to help and thankfully I'm pretty knowledgeable and handy with most magic."

Sovereign Court

* * Pathfinder Core! * * M Halfling 5 Bard
Tag:
NG Halfling S Bard 5 | HP: 38/38 | AC 20; TC 15; FF 16 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | Fort +3; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +6 |Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Performance: 15/15

Standing over the body of the spy, Morka listens carefully before sticking his foot on his chest and exclaiming, "Yeah! Well you're no match of...us! Bring it on, not even demons can stop history of writing it's course!" The halfling notices the symbol and would like to roll an appropriate knowledge check.

Knowledge Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 -- add +5 if Arcana, Planes, Religion or Dungeoneering.

Edit! -- Well, ballsacks.

Seeing the magical assistant run up to us with the news, Morka responds, "Hey you there. We're all useful here, not just myself and Hudor! Now listen here buddy, yes, some of us are more magically inclined than others, but we all have our part to play. You will be wise to show the rest of us the respect they deserve!" - Morka doesn't mean to sound harsh, but he puts his chest out to make himself slightly larger than he is.

After the swift arrival at the Arcanamirium, the halfling nods to the young assistant in recognition. "Hey there Articus! Long time no see, well, yesterday was today at some point, right? Hahaha, i get carried away. Have you met my friends? They are great, this is..." Morka continues to introduce each of his new allies one by one, playing up their strenghts and making everyone seem very excquisite infront of the young prestigigitator. Morka knows everyone at the Arcanamirium as this is where he spends most of his time between missions, learning as studying the many things he like to read about. "We know lot's about Abjuration, right team? Let's see...it's the school of magic which does all the protecty things, right? Gives you a little kick up the buttocks, if i may. Stuff like, Shield, Protection from Evil, Magic Circle of Protection from...oh my..." - Morka stops there, as if, asking his allies for some imput. He has a worried look as if he knows what the prestigitator is about to say...

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 -- Making the most generic roll here, expecting everyone to have one of the two knowledges so everyone can assist on one big check. I hope that's okay with everyone.

Grand Lodge

M Gnome Druid 2 HP 15 / 15 AC 19 ( Touch 14 Flat 16) / Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +7 / CMB +0 | CMD 13 FF 12 / Init +2 / Perception +10

"I don't know a lot about that arcane stuff, but I know a little."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

looks like I will be assisting

Sovereign Court

female Human Paladin 3
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF18 HP 22/2 F+6 R+5 W+4 Init +3 Perception -1 CMD 18

KnowArcuntrained: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Pleasantly surprised by the wealth of knowledge and experience of the halfling and the sorcerer, the prestidigitator begins a long in depth discussion of the interweavings of various energies to create shielding effects over large areas,

Hard Success: Defensive Wards
Gain Benefits of all three:
Easy: The PCs help establish potent abjurations that protect them in addition to protecting the city. Once during the adventure, when an opponent’s attack roll to confirm a critical hit succeeds by 4 or less, the group can activate this reward to negate the confirmation of the critical hit.
Average: When using the reward above, the group can instead turn any confirmed critical hit into a normal hit.
Hard: In place of the reward above, the group can force an opponent to reroll an attack once during the adventure.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Those in the party that were beginning to doze off during the loooong drawn out discussion of abjuration magic as it is applied to geometric principles on a macro scale find blessed relief when a member of the First Guard comes running up. "You there. You're all pathfinders, right? Perfect. I need a few conscripts...Apparently, there are still some stragglers outside the city wall who won't leave their homes for the protection of the city. I need you to get out there and convince them to come to one of the city's sanctuaries. And to be clear: This is NOT a murderhobo mission. I know all about you lot. Not a bad sort, but need to be clear: you're to convince them to come into the city without physically injuring them. Got it?"

As you head out of the city gates that are bustling with activity as the city tries to bolster its defenses, you reach some of the farms and others who prefer the normally quieter life outside of the city. A few of the folks just need some convincing, others need to be yelled at to get it through their thick skulls, and a few might need to be dragged, kicking and screaming from the lifelong homes.

I.e. Diplomacy, Intimidate or Combat Maneuver Check. Are allowed to Aid another on these...

Dark Archive

LN Male Elf Fighter 1 (Core) | HP: 10/10 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F:2 R:4 W:0 | Init: 6 | Speed 30ft. | Active conditions: None. (Arrows Used: 8)

"It is for their own safety. We will ensure they are not harmed even if I have to carry them inside the city walls."

CMB: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Duath marches outside the gates and tries to convince the stragglers of the dangers coming but those that refuse to listen he literally sweeps off their feet...and into the city.

Sovereign Court

* * Pathfinder Core! * * M Halfling 5 Bard
Tag:
NG Halfling S Bard 5 | HP: 38/38 | AC 20; TC 15; FF 16 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | Fort +3; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +6 |Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Performance: 15/15

As they are walking outside of the gates, Morka is sizing up Duath and how tall he is. He nudges him in the knees gently and asks. "Hey Duath, you're pretty tall. Mind giving me a boost onto your shoulders when we get there. In my experience, people don't tend to listen to someone 3ft off the ground. Would you be my stage?" Morka is asking politely, as it would be easier to get everyone's attention this way.

Depending on his answer, Morka would either stand on the tall elfs' shoulder and present the speech, or find somewhere with a highrise and get everyones attention.

The busy cround of people at first seems intimidating to the small halfling, but he bolsters up and asks his party. "Hey, Zeebo. got abother Guidance in you? Would come in really usefull right about now!" Morka continues to find a vantage point in the swarm of people to orate to them.

"Friends! Our MAGNIFICENT city is in dire danger! The forces of evil will be at our gates any moment. But don't fret, we have protocol for situations such as this. The City Guard and the MOST MAGICAL Society are here to protect you! Everyone has to do their part in all this! Here me the MIGHTY people of Absalom - you must take what you can, and get to the protected zones within city walls! We MUST unite in this, together, as one MALICIA! The protection of our own people should be our first priority! Stand together! Stand for Absalom!" Morka stands proud and tall, his own words suprising himself a litlte bit.

Perform Oratory ~ Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 -- Add the +1 from guidance and any assist rolls if we can.

Grand Lodge

M Gnome Druid 2 HP 15 / 15 AC 19 ( Touch 14 Flat 16) / Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +7 / CMB +0 | CMD 13 FF 12 / Init +2 / Perception +10

Guidance for everyone and not sure if my Profession (farmer) would be any help?

"People your crops can be resown, livestock replaced, homes rebuild. But your lives and the lives of your family can not be replaced. Come with in the city walls for your family's protection."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
I guess aid another

Dark Archive

LN Male Elf Fighter 1 (Core) | HP: 10/10 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F:2 R:4 W:0 | Init: 6 | Speed 30ft. | Active conditions: None. (Arrows Used: 8)

Roughly 6' 6".

Duath looks particularly shocked at the question and takes a moment to gather his thoughts. He turns his head slightly before nodding.

"Adding extra height would get there attention. I will assist you when I am not dealing with the more stubborn of the crowds."

When not dealing with his own citizens he provides a boost to Morka keeping a stern gaze to punctuate what the halfling is saying.

"We do this for your own good. YOU! Listen up and head inside the walls. You as well!"


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

The halfling is able to convince a few folks of the wisdom of seeking shelter inside the city walls, but not all are convinced. So his stage calmly sets him down on the ground and then walks up to most boisterous and recalcitrant of the ones who demand they be left alone. Duath then politely nods and smiles before hoisting the man over his shoulder. Duath manages two strides back toward the city before the startled man begins kicking and screaming, demanding he be set down...but that action is enough to convince even the most stubborn that perhaps it'd be best to head into the city for the nonce.

Once the people reach the safety of the walls and witness just how serious the city is taking the war preparations, they regret their initial stubbornness and become thankful for the pathfinders convincing them of the error of their ways.

Hard Success, Evacuation notice Benefit: The PCs can draw upon this goodwill once during the adventure: one PC can reroll a failed Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate check and use the new result.
OR Average: When using the reward above, the PC can instead reroll
any one skill check.
OR Hard: When using the reward above, the PC can instead reroll any one d20 roll.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

You all nod your acknowledgement to the thankful stragglers as they filter into the city. The final people to walk away are an elderly couple. The man shouts out "Have fun storming the castle!"

Perception DC:5:
His wife asks, "Think it'll work?"
To which the man replies, "It'll take a miracle..."

Even as you're busy patting each other on the back for a job well done, an officer of the city watch covered in grime and sweat from assisting his workers in bolstering the city gate strides purposely in your direction. "Gentlemen, once you're done congratulating yourselves, perhaps you could get back to the task on hand? While none of you appear well-suited to the hard physical labor of real work, you do look the sort that might be of use in determining the disposition of our enemies?" He leans in closer to Duath. "That means I'd like you to scout out the enemy on the field."

As the party prepares themselves for heading out into no-man's-land, he offers some final encouragement. "Do be careful. The last three parties we sent out haven't returned. Obviously, you'll need a keener eye, and move with more alacrity and stealth than the previous groups. Good luck to you!"

Perception, Stealth OR Acrobatics, if you'd please. Please decide if you're attempting Aid Another before you roll--and you can only aid with the same skill, of course. Thanks.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.2 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Physical labor is not his best trait, but he can be stealthy when necessary. He tries to remain unnoticed as he moves about with his companions. Often following behind the most stealthy among them and mimicking what they do.

Stealth (Aid Other): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Grand Lodge

M Gnome Druid 2 HP 15 / 15 AC 19 ( Touch 14 Flat 16) / Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +7 / CMB +0 | CMD 13 FF 12 / Init +2 / Perception +10

As the old couple walk past Zeebo whispers to his party

"She is not a witch, she told me so."

As the party start to head out on a scouting mission

"I have the eyes of a hawk. We will find them in no time."

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

My Stealth is +4
and my Acrobatics +0
So I went to lead with Perception. If I can, I can aid with the others if someone has a higher bonus?

Dark Archive

LN Male Elf Fighter 1 (Core) | HP: 10/10 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F:2 R:4 W:0 | Init: 6 | Speed 30ft. | Active conditions: None. (Arrows Used: 8)

Aid Another (Perception): 1d20 ⇒ 17

"Let me assist you. I stay away from the shadows but my eyes are keen as well." Duath adds in dutifully.

Sovereign Court

* * Pathfinder Core! * * M Halfling 5 Bard
Tag:
NG Halfling S Bard 5 | HP: 38/38 | AC 20; TC 15; FF 16 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | Fort +3; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +6 |Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Performance: 15/15

Morka is getting really excited from all the success his new friends are achieving!

“Okay Zeebo, we will follow your lead on this one. You know these lands better than anyone - you farmer head you! Can’t belive it guys, I’m so glad I met all of you!!oh what a story I will tell after tonight!”

perception aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 — assisting to see what’s up.

//sorry guys, I won’t be able to properly format my text when I’m posting from my phone. I hope that’s okay.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Hudor starts moving forward in a serpentine fashion, moving from one piece of cover to the next. In the meantime, Zeebo leads Morka and Duath to the highest rock nearby. He then directs Morka and Duath to stand back-to-back on top of the rock. He then climbs up Morka to get up on top of Duath, then steadies himself and takes a good look around. He starts dictating notes to Morka about he can see: the enemy army consists of various kinds of creatures stitched together from demonic flesh: constructs, oozes, and undead. He also notices both that the army’s field commanders are all minotaurs and that there are true demons among the army’s ranks.

Then Zeebo whistles to Hudor and motions for him to come back, before dropping lightly to the ground. "That should do it."

You return with your detailed observations and the Officer of the Watch is mightily impressed. "You all clearly will be of great service during the defense of the city. We must make certain you are properly armed." He leads you to a nearby cache of weapons. "You each may take one piece of this precious ammunition to use as you best see fit during the attack."

Hard Success, Reconnaissance: Each PC gains a single piece of +1 bane ammunition (such as an arrow, bolt, shuriken, or sling bullet). The bane weapon special ability is keyed to a creature type (and subtype, if applicable) of the PC’s choice.
Each of you receive one piece of ammunition for this mission. You are welcome to give your ammunition to someone else in the party, and may choose based on that PC's preference. Please do indicate what type of Bane as well as what type of ammo that you are choosing--your observations of the enemy army would be an obvious way to narrow your choices, of course.
(List of Bane types here)


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

As you wind your way back to the Grand Lodge in anticipation of the Mustering Horn, you notice a few odd footprints in the mud alongside the road.

Feel free to make Perception or Survival check (apply any Survival modifiers to track). Again, try and decide if lead or assist before you roll. Multiple folks with high mods can try and be primary. Don't overthink it.

Grand Lodge

M Gnome Druid 2 HP 15 / 15 AC 19 ( Touch 14 Flat 16) / Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +7 / CMB +0 | CMD 13 FF 12 / Init +2 / Perception +10

"That is an odd foot print"

lead Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Zeebo hands his piece of ammunition to Duath Cuthalion (please get what you want).

Dark Archive

LN Male Elf Fighter 1 (Core) | HP: 10/10 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F:2 R:4 W:0 | Init: 6 | Speed 30ft. | Active conditions: None. (Arrows Used: 8)

"These are finely fletched arrows. I will put them to use against their leaders. And you are giving me yours as well? You are a fine comrade!" he says with true excitement as he examines the bane arrow.

Monstrous Humanoids for me.

Grand Lodge

M Gnome Druid 2 HP 15 / 15 AC 19 ( Touch 14 Flat 16) / Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +7 / CMB +0 | CMD 13 FF 12 / Init +2 / Perception +10

"You are quite welcome. I am not a ranged type, at least not without some spells."

Sovereign Court

* * Pathfinder Core! * * M Halfling 5 Bard
Tag:
NG Halfling S Bard 5 | HP: 38/38 | AC 20; TC 15; FF 16 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | Fort +3; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +6 |Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Performance: 15/15

Morkas eyes light up, as he sees the inventory of magical equipment. Stressfully, he look around for arrows his size. Worryingly, he looks at his taller archer companion and contemplates. The small halfljng takes a moment to centre himself and look up at Duath.

“My parents always said I was useful for nothing. But you know what, I think I’ve finaly found my place in this world. I’ll never be a hero like you guys. But at least, I can make you look good. I’ll tell you’re story, and boy will it be MAGNIFICENT! Duath, make me proud.”

As morka tugs at his bow, he picks up a normal sized construct bane arrow and hands it to the elf. No thanks required, he silently nods and runs off.

Walking up to the muddy footprint, Morka exclaims, “Hey, I think they are going this way...”

Perception Aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Sovereign Court

female Human Paladin 3
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF18 HP 22/2 F+6 R+5 W+4 Init +3 Perception -1 CMD 18

Flaith will search with the others too.
PercAid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.2 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Looking back at his crossbow and frowning, "Duath. You may take my ammo as well. Like Zeebo, spells are more my forte when it comes to ranged combat."

On the way back, noticing the odd footprints like the others, he helps them trying to figure them out but just gets in the way.

Perception (Aid Other): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Flaith, Shukara please choose your Bane ammo, either for yourself, or your elven warrior Duath.
Duath you currently have 4 Bane arrows: 1 Construct Bane, 2 Monstrous Humanoid Bane. Choose your other one (and feel free to tweak you choices right now, if you wish)

Flaith is quite certain that the footprints are skeletal in nature. While he's pointing that out to the rest of the party Morka exclaims "Hey look! I found a broken sickle...it looks kinda rusty and old, but there's fresh blood on it."

As Hudor wanders over toward Morka to look at the sickle, Zeebo shouts out, "Stop! Stop disturbing the tracks. I appreciate the help, but I got this." He squats down and examines the footprints then gives them a good sniff, before motioning for the party to follow him as he tracks the footprints. They lead off the road and under a nearby bridge, right up to the supports. A quick but thorough examination reveals that the bridge supports have been sabotaged, and the skill needed to repair them is beyond your power. So you rush off to the nearest member of the First Guard and show them what you found.

"Excellent work, Pathfinders. We'll immediately buttress this bridge, and seek out other sabotage in the city...I only hope there's time before the attack begins."

Hard Success, Strange Things: Once during the adventure, when the group encounters one or more undead opponents, the group can activate this reward to grant the PCs a +4 bonus on their initiative checks for that encounter. All these boons are listed on Images page.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

As you resume your trek back toward the Grand Lodge, you hear someone mutter curses, a shriek of alarm and then someone bellows "LOOKOUT!!!" You turn toward the tumult and see a wagon with barrels and crates careening toward you before crashing into a nearby wall.

A portly fellow comes huffing down the slope, chasing after his wayward wagon. "Are you alright? Anyone hurt?" After a cursory examination of the party, he looks at his wagon and begins a string of kelish curses that seem to center around improbable violations of goats. He turns back toward your group. "I don't suppose any of you could lend me a hand? This is full of alchemical supplies and the like for the war effort. I need to get this wagon to one of the redoubts near the gates."

Feel free to make a Craft (any relevant craft skill), Disable Device, Knowledge (engineering), Profession (teamster), or combat maneuver check to help push the wagon free. Aid another, etc.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.2 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Not possessing any skills that might help with the wagon, Hudor moves to the back of the wagon and puts his back to it. He pushes as much as he can to help move the thing along.

CMB (Aid Other): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Grand Lodge

M Gnome Druid 2 HP 15 / 15 AC 19 ( Touch 14 Flat 16) / Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +7 / CMB +0 | CMD 13 FF 12 / Init +2 / Perception +10

Zeebo will cast Guidance on anyone with skills that can help, other than that he will help push
CMB Aid: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

Darn my little legs

Dark Archive

LN Male Elf Fighter 1 (Core) | HP: 10/10 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB: 3, CMD: 17 | F:2 R:4 W:0 | Init: 6 | Speed 30ft. | Active conditions: None. (Arrows Used: 8)

Will take an Demon one as well for good measure.

"Living secluded in Kyonin I would never have expected such graciousness. These arrows will strike true." Duath bows deeply to his allies and heads out.

---

Seeing the toppled wagon Duath springs into action to repay the kindness of this lands people. He lends his strength where it will work best.

"Over here. We can all push to get it upright and going again so that the supplies are delivered...Alright, on three."

CMB: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 = 17

Sovereign Court

* * Pathfinder Core! * * M Halfling 5 Bard
Tag:
NG Halfling S Bard 5 | HP: 38/38 | AC 20; TC 15; FF 16 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | Fort +3; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +6 |Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Performance: 15/15

“Right? We do this as a team or not at all. On three? Okay! I’m ready!”

Morka get down really low right underneath the cart to help push it upright again. Using he whole body, he makes his attempt to help.

CMB aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Working together (mostly), you're able to muscle the wagon free of the building and set it aright. The alchemist thanks you profusely and offers each of you two potions as a reward.

Hard Success, Urgent Repairs. You each received a Cure Serious Potion, as well your choice of a second or third level spell in potion form, as long as it doesn't have expensive components. Please make your selection.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Having put your time to good use, you stroll back to the Grand Lodge, listening to the local gossip.

Diplomacy (Gather Info) or Knowledge (Local). May Aid Another, etc.

1 to 50 of 419 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS PbP Gameday V - #9-00- Assault on Absolom (tier 1-2 CORE) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.