[PFS] GM Skipper's #5-08 The Confirmation (Inactive)

Game Master SkipperD

Combat Map


101 to 150 of 327 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Male Halfling Haunted Oracle of the Dark Tapestry /3 - HP 23/23, AC 18, T 14, FF 15, F +5, R +5, W +5, Initiative +6, Perception +7 (+9 with Tanbaru), Concentration +9

If I have time and there is not another danger to the group, I will try. It is better to be ready before to act.

First round, I know there is magic. Second round, number of auras, so in the third round I can use my knowledge to determine the spells. Please, let me know when and how many Knowledge Arcana and Spellcraft I need.


Baphos detects four separate auras on the gillman.

Spellcraft DC 18:
Oil of Silence

Spellcraft DC 16:
Potion of Cure Light Wounds

Spellcraft DC 16:
Potion of Cure Light Wounds

Spellcraft DC 21:
Wand of Shield of Faith (CL 6th, 10 charges)

Scarab Sages

Male Halfling Haunted Oracle of the Dark Tapestry /3 - HP 23/23, AC 18, T 14, FF 15, F +5, R +5, W +5, Initiative +6, Perception +7 (+9 with Tanbaru), Concentration +9

Spellcraft 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Spellcraft 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Spellcraft 3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Spellcraft 4: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Please, correct me, If I am wrong. I detected the first 2 auras.

Baphos tells to his fellows in low voice. "The gillman has an oil of silence and a Potion of cure light wounds. There are 2 other magic objects but I can't determine what they are."

Silver Crusade

N/G Male Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer)/3 | HP: 30/30| AC/FF/T: 19/17/13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+2 | Init: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Climb +5, Handle Animal +6, Intimidate +4, Kn Dung/Geo/Nat +5, Perception +7, Ride +6, Stealth +4, Swim +6 | Active Conditions: None
Valyssa Warsong wrote:
"Lets not be hasty here. He is non threatening and has done nothing against us. We can approach to parley and if he gets violent, there are more than enough of us to deal with that."

Hmph. Since when is subduing someone violent? Better than pummelling him to death! Probably thinks a barroom brawl is a jailable offense. Twit.

Unqualified disclaimer: The views of this character do NOT represent the views of the player!

In spite of his less than charitable thoughts, Melnop does NOT start beating on the fellow and lets the folks more inclined to talk try it their way first.

Silver Crusade

Male human (versatile human) cleric of Desna (theologian) 1 ||HP:11||AC:10 FF:10 T:10||CMD:10||CMB:0||F:4 R:0 W:6||+2 trait bonus on all saving throws against charm and compulsion effects Init:0 Perc:9||Speed:30ft||Daily Spells Lv1 1 2/2||Special Attacks channel positive energy (1d6, DC 11, 4/day) (4/4)

"Maybe if he was carrying those items he meant to use them. Either on something or someone. Perhaps tying him up isn't such a bad idea after all. At least this way he won't hurt us, or himself."

Sorry was absent for a day or so. Had to have a root canal the other day. THAT SUCKED.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

Ash rolls his eyes. "Did none of you even think think to go talk to the gillman and see what he's up to? Good lord, what a batch I've been assigned with. Zarta didn't send any of you on this mission, did she? She's probably playing a joke on me...that has to be it."

Frustrated, Ash steps forward and approaches the gillman. "Good afternoon, gillman. What has your rapt attention? We are here from the Pathfinder society to explore this cave and talk with your people. Are you peaceful?"


The gillman looks at Ashwell after he stops talking.

"I'm sorry, but could you repeat that?"

His accent is hard to place, but his Taldane is completely understandable.

Scarab Sages

Male Halfling Haunted Oracle of the Dark Tapestry /3 - HP 23/23, AC 18, T 14, FF 15, F +5, R +5, W +5, Initiative +6, Perception +7 (+9 with Tanbaru), Concentration +9

Baphos keeps its initial position and looks perplexed at the gillman and Ashwell.

Silver Crusade

N/G Male Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer)/3 | HP: 30/30| AC/FF/T: 19/17/13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+2 | Init: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Climb +5, Handle Animal +6, Intimidate +4, Kn Dung/Geo/Nat +5, Perception +7, Ride +6, Stealth +4, Swim +6 | Active Conditions: None

Melnop is a bit confused.

Why the %$* is she talking to the guy if he has oil of silence spread all over himself? Should have waited until he turned around and could lip read or something. Of course he needs it repeated.

Listen to me. Always critical. Make friends, you dufus! These are Pathfinders, remember?

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

Ash keeps from showing his frustration and repeats his greetings. "Good afternoon, gillman. What has your rapt attention? We are here from the Pathfinder society to explore this cave and talk with your people. Are you peaceful?"


The gillman gives Ashwell a serene look and finally answers the question.

"I am on a pilgrimage. Have you come to commune with waters as well?"

I'll need a Diplomacy check from Ashwell. Anyone chiming in at this point can attempt an assist check.

Grand Lodge

Female Half Orc Skald (Urban Skald) 5 (HP:43/43)(AC:19 FF:17 T:13)(F:+8 R:+5 W:+6)(Init:+4)(Perception:+8)

"Pilgrimage is a good thing. How do you commune with the water?"

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

Diplomacy 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Scarab Sages

Half-Orc Fighter 5/Monolith 1 HP 65/65 | AC 24* T 12* FF 24* CMD 27* (25% Fort)| F +13* R +6 W +6 (+3 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion, +2 vs negative levels, death effects, and mind-affecting effects) | Init +3 | Perception +4

I has internet again, thanks for your patience.

Gleam looks on a bit shyly, having decided to not embarrass himself and instead pretends to take notes while lost in though

Just like old torch said, don't kill them unless you have you. Information is more valuable than dead bodies. But when you do kill 'em do it fast and do it right.

Scarab Sages

Male Halfling Haunted Oracle of the Dark Tapestry /3 - HP 23/23, AC 18, T 14, FF 15, F +5, R +5, W +5, Initiative +6, Perception +7 (+9 with Tanbaru), Concentration +9

Baphos listens carefully to the gillman and Valyssa. "Interesting! Fellow gillman, may I learn how to commune with the water too? What advantages does it have? This will be an awesome opportunity."

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Silver Crusade

N/G Male Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer)/3 | HP: 30/30| AC/FF/T: 19/17/13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+2 | Init: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Climb +5, Handle Animal +6, Intimidate +4, Kn Dung/Geo/Nat +5, Perception +7, Ride +6, Stealth +4, Swim +6 | Active Conditions: None

Melnop participates in the attempt at diplomacy by smiling and mouthing Pathfinders, nodding his head in confirmation, his eyes wide to express what a good thing that is.

Diplo aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


We're not quite there with the Diplomacy check yet. Would Gleam, Konner or Delarion like to assist as well?

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 31/231 AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8); Perception +7

Can't hurt to try...

Your Taldan is impressive, albeit with an accent. I am Konner, pleased to meet you..

aid diplo: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Scarab Sages

Half-Orc Fighter 5/Monolith 1 HP 65/65 | AC 24* T 12* FF 24* CMD 27* (25% Fort)| F +13* R +6 W +6 (+3 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion, +2 vs negative levels, death effects, and mind-affecting effects) | Init +3 | Perception +4

Seeing the negotiations falter Gleam speaks up.

diplomacy aid: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (10) - 4 = 6

"Uhh, Gleam thinks us talking is better than us killing."

Gleam worries to himself Opps, that didn't come out right. I hoped I didn't mess anything up.

Gleam has the Pariah race trait. +2 on saves vs emotion and fear, -2 bluff, diplomacy and sense motive. Replaces weapon familiarity.


I've sent Delarion a PM. You'll really want that last assist, so I'll bot him tomorrow unless he checks in.


Delarion's Diplomacy assist: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

The gillman listens dispassionately to your words, but...

Sense Motive DC 15:
He is eyeing the cloak you found earlier with interest.

If you made the previous check: Perception DC 15:
You see the gillman’s own folded robe is of a similar style and color among his belongings.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 31/231 AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8); Perception +7

sense: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grand Lodge

Female Half Orc Skald (Urban Skald) 5 (HP:43/43)(AC:19 FF:17 T:13)(F:+8 R:+5 W:+6)(Init:+4)(Perception:+8)

bah no SM

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

Sense motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

For a second, Ash thought he noticed something, but no, it must have been a trick his mind was playing.

Silver Crusade

N/G Male Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer)/3 | HP: 30/30| AC/FF/T: 19/17/13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+2 | Init: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Climb +5, Handle Animal +6, Intimidate +4, Kn Dung/Geo/Nat +5, Perception +7, Ride +6, Stealth +4, Swim +6 | Active Conditions: None

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 7

No clue. Hard to read gillmen.


@Valyssa
You can use it untrained. Since you have a wisdom of 10 that would be 1d20+0. That's still about 1 in 4 chance.

Scarab Sages

Male Halfling Haunted Oracle of the Dark Tapestry /3 - HP 23/23, AC 18, T 14, FF 15, F +5, R +5, W +5, Initiative +6, Perception +7 (+9 with Tanbaru), Concentration +9

Sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Baphos can't determine what intensions the gillman has.

Scarab Sages

Half-Orc Fighter 5/Monolith 1 HP 65/65 | AC 24* T 12* FF 24* CMD 27* (25% Fort)| F +13* R +6 W +6 (+3 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion, +2 vs negative levels, death effects, and mind-affecting effects) | Init +3 | Perception +4

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

Gleam mumbles "Conversation hard."

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

lol, we are the worst rolling group ever! I've never had a character fail to get a PP and perhaps fight the gillman. That might actually happen here!

Grand Lodge

Female Half Orc Skald (Urban Skald) 5 (HP:43/43)(AC:19 FF:17 T:13)(F:+8 R:+5 W:+6)(Init:+4)(Perception:+8)

suggestions then? can we attempt again?

Silver Crusade

N/G Male Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer)/3 | HP: 30/30| AC/FF/T: 19/17/13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+2 | Init: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Climb +5, Handle Animal +6, Intimidate +4, Kn Dung/Geo/Nat +5, Perception +7, Ride +6, Stealth +4, Swim +6 | Active Conditions: None
Valyssa Warsong wrote:
suggestions then? can we attempt again?

You haven't rolled yet. give it a try. You can use it untrained and that gives you a 6/20 chance at making the roll.

Grand Lodge

Female Half Orc Skald (Urban Skald) 5 (HP:43/43)(AC:19 FF:17 T:13)(F:+8 R:+5 W:+6)(Init:+4)(Perception:+8)

I was the first to roll a Diplomacy Aid, so that means we fall short


Delarion SM: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Delarion Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Delarion whispers, "He's eyeing the cloak we found with interest..."

Grand Lodge

Female Half Orc Skald (Urban Skald) 5 (HP:43/43)(AC:19 FF:17 T:13)(F:+8 R:+5 W:+6)(Init:+4)(Perception:+8)

"Then we should let him look at it and maybe he can explain why it is so important to him. It might find us some favor with him."

Silver Crusade

N/G Male Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer)/3 | HP: 30/30| AC/FF/T: 19/17/13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+2 | Init: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Climb +5, Handle Animal +6, Intimidate +4, Kn Dung/Geo/Nat +5, Perception +7, Ride +6, Stealth +4, Swim +6 | Active Conditions: None
Valyssa Warsong wrote:
I was the first to roll a Diplomacy Aid, so that means we fall short

I think the sense motive roll is a separate roll that you may make. See post at Yesterday, 05:47 am calling for a sense motive check.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

Ash grabs the cloak and hands it over. "We found this in a pit when we first entered the cave. Seems to be made pretty well, but it's quite dirty from the pit..."


The gillman takes the cloak eagerly, his whole demeanor softening.

"This garment belongs to a fellow pilgrim. He will be glad to have it back. So, what brings you to this holy site, land dwellers?"

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 31/231 AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8); Perception +7

We are here on a trial of sorts. We were sent here by our superior to investigate this cave. She ran off after finding a minotaur around. We should go find here before anything untowards happens to her.

Scarab Sages

Half-Orc Fighter 5/Monolith 1 HP 65/65 | AC 24* T 12* FF 24* CMD 27* (25% Fort)| F +13* R +6 W +6 (+3 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion, +2 vs negative levels, death effects, and mind-affecting effects) | Init +3 | Perception +4

Gleam smiles and nods, glad that things have gone this direction.

Scarab Sages

Male Halfling Haunted Oracle of the Dark Tapestry /3 - HP 23/23, AC 18, T 14, FF 15, F +5, R +5, W +5, Initiative +6, Perception +7 (+9 with Tanbaru), Concentration +9

Baphos keeps quiet.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

"Also we were sent to find out more about your kind. We heard several of your people visited the cave, and we want to be sure everything is okay here."

Silver Crusade

N/G Male Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer)/3 | HP: 30/30| AC/FF/T: 19/17/13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+2 | Init: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Climb +5, Handle Animal +6, Intimidate +4, Kn Dung/Geo/Nat +5, Perception +7, Ride +6, Stealth +4, Swim +6 | Active Conditions: None

"Yea, we're pathfinders and we're here to help! And catalog. And write stuff down." He waves his pencil and paper as he says this, like its some kind of badge of honor.


The gillman hears you out before responding.

"The caves hold great power. Before the sacred waters breached it, this was a holy site the the dead man-god Aroden. His worshippers haven't been here in many lifetimes, though, so my people hold our pilgrimages in peace. Or, until recently at least. The nature of these caves means that those who don't revere the waters can encroach on them. First came the pale man and his unnatural experiments, then the dragon folk and their traps..."

Scarab Sages

Half-Orc Fighter 5/Monolith 1 HP 65/65 | AC 24* T 12* FF 24* CMD 27* (25% Fort)| F +13* R +6 W +6 (+3 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion, +2 vs negative levels, death effects, and mind-affecting effects) | Init +3 | Perception +4

Gleam starting to be overwhelmed by the information takes out some paper to make notes.

Encroaching water, Pale experiments, dragon traps...

Gleam's notes aren't great but his memory is better than he gives himself credit for.

Grand Lodge

Female Half Orc Skald (Urban Skald) 5 (HP:43/43)(AC:19 FF:17 T:13)(F:+8 R:+5 W:+6)(Init:+4)(Perception:+8)

"The pale man and the dragon folk...can you give us more information on them. We want to ensure we have everything written down for our records so others can respect this shrine."

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 31/231 AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8); Perception +7

Good idea, writing stuff down. We must make hastw...I am getting really worried about Janira... Konner says as he heads down the passageway.


"The pale man occupies the caves off to the east. I fear some of my kinsfolk have fallen prey to his experiments... The the dragon folk roam about the aquifer to the east. Beware, they're cleverer than they look, and their traps are quite deadly."

Scarab Sages

Half-Orc Fighter 5/Monolith 1 HP 65/65 | AC 24* T 12* FF 24* CMD 27* (25% Fort)| F +13* R +6 W +6 (+3 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion, +2 vs negative levels, death effects, and mind-affecting effects) | Init +3 | Perception +4

Gleam notes that the Pale man is to the east and that the dragons are to the east.

Does that mean we're on the west pole? Gleam jots down in the margin.


What's the plan? There are two exits from the cave, east and west.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 31/231 AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8); Perception +7

Konner heads out the west passage. He checks every once in a few steps for sounds.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

i had posted yesterday...site must have ate it...

Silver Crusade

N/G Male Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer)/3 | HP: 30/30| AC/FF/T: 19/17/13 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+2 | Init: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Climb +5, Handle Animal +6, Intimidate +4, Kn Dung/Geo/Nat +5, Perception +7, Ride +6, Stealth +4, Swim +6 | Active Conditions: None

West it is.

101 to 150 of 327 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Skipper's #5-08: The Confirmation gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.