[PFS] Fires of Karamoss (Inactive)

Game Master Curaigh


351 to 383 of 383 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

S%!% is real. Ed is WAY past finesse.

Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18...Does she think J's remote control can shut down the portals, or does she need to be at the console? If she thinks the remote control will work, she goes that'a'way, otherwise the console. If she needs to approach the console, she will use the following:

Edward fiddles with some doo-dads on her person before a massive power surge bursts out and smashes into Tig-0! Ed casts lightning bolt (DC 20)

Lightning!!!: 8d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 4, 4, 1, 2, 2) = 19

She then backs up a step, before hurtling the lava, hoping to the gods that Ember's protection holds.

Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 7

"Aiiiiiie!

The dice favor me, I see.

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

I am up in the air the same height as J was
Ember will also cast a spell (shatter)
shatter: 7d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 6, 4, 6, 3, 2) = 31 DC=21 (19+2 from eastern mastery) WHAT...look at that roll

I will then move over above J, still in the air and away from the wall


Silver ! Gold
Ember, the dark flame wrote:


Ember will also cast a spell (shatter)

Targeting where?


Silver ! Gold

The red metal releases its own magic as the Edward throws a her spell about. Tig-0 take the bolt and his limbs spasm outward. Traces of electricity continue racing over his form and a sad whine can be heard.

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24,
lightning: 1d6 ⇒ 2+1 caster level

Ed courageously jumps into the lava!
fire: 20d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 4, 1, 5, 6, 6, 1, 6, 1, 3, 5, 2, 6, 6, 4, 6, 4, 2) = 72 (fire resist 20 right?) random GM roll: 1d20 ⇒ 18 In answer to your question. Head to the console (the remote control was just flavor to say that now energy is coursing through it, you can make a check you couldn't make earlier).

On rereading shatter, there are no legal targets in the room (unless some of the PCs are carrying ceramics, crystal, glass, or porcelain objects.

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

Protection, fortunately! I think I still took some damage...although 20d6 is for submerged. Did Ed go all the way under?

CRB wrote:
Lava or magma deals 2d6 points of fire damage per round of exposure, except in the case of total immersion (such as when a character falls into the crater of an active volcano), which deals 20d6 points of fire damage per round.


Silver ! Gold

check the above edit Ed?
EDIT: Double checking the encounter specifics for your question:
EDIT EDIT: Sorry after double checking, the pool of lava is only deep enough for exposure. (I knew this true of the channels, but thought 'pool' meant the worse kind.) So I am also removing the spoiler above.

2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

I will have to retcon this if Suli kills Tug-0, but since he won't I'll roll now.

Tig-0 shouts in his calm, never fluctuating voice. "Bad robot." and attempts to dismantle the Cap.

slam: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32, 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
slam: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36, 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
tentacle: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28, 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
tentacle: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24, 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
tgrab: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

Ember, Suli, & Cap are up.

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

edit, wrote that at 5 am, not awake at that time
Ember will move closer and then cast another spell not shatter but magic missle
damage: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 3) + 4 = 13

Grand Lodge

male Suli Monk (Ki Mysic, Monk of the Four Winds, Monk of the Sacred Mountain)15 | AC 36(38) T31 FF32(34) | CMD 49 | DR 3/- | HP 16/168 | Fort +18 Ref+17 Will+20 | Init+3 | Perc +21 | EA 10/15 | EF 15/18 | Ki 1/15

Suli rushes to the captain. " I here Captin." He says as he moves around and his fists become blocks of ice.

(Suli is going to spring attack and move into flank Tig. Using elemental fist, not elemental assault)

attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 dmg: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 3) + 6 = 15 cold: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3) + 4 = 12

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

Captain Steves is battered heavily and Tig just manages to grasp a hold of him in his tentacles.

Cap will flurry with his shield while grappled. (-2 penalty from grappled included, and +1 from Haste)
Flurry 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 Damage 1: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 Damage 2: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
Haste Atk: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 Haste Dmg: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25
Flurry 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Damage 3: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
Flurry 4: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Damage 4: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22

Confirmation Roll on Flurry 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Extra Crit Damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23

Finally, the dice are with me, good timing too after that battering from Tig


Silver ! Gold

Suli moves in to attack the big robot leaving himself open to an attack from the elemental. AoO vs Suli: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
He springs up to the ledge and a loud KONG sound splits the air as his fist almost bounces from the creatures metallic outside. A little bit of frost marks the spot where his fist hit, but it quickly disappears in the heat.

It will take Suli a move of 90 ft. to get into flanking, unless Suli can jump the 15 ft. up to the ledge. Probably not a problem, but I will have to retcon if not.

Ember's bolts of energy fly through the air and hit Tig-O like the broad side of a barn. Tig-O releases robotic fury on the Captain Bad Robot Rogers, managing to wreap a tentacle around the brawler.

Captain Rogers, in a fury of his own manages to bang big chunks from the former guide. One blow in particular rips right through the red carapace revealing wires, tubing, and gears inside. Flashes of electricity course through this interior, but the blow soon sees and end to this.

Tig-O settles like a spider falling asleep, not dropping, but no longer standing either. The tentacles unwind and drop the captain.

The portals continue channeling lava and one more elemental follow the lava through the techno-magical openings.
p1: 1d100 ⇒ 45, p2: 1d100 ⇒ 11, p3: 1d100 ⇒ 93, p4: 1d100 ⇒ 48,

All three of the elementals close on the party, though they have to climb the ladder and with the grace of flame, end up next to Edward.

Though there are four active portals the gate only reaches ten charges. It then begins to shake and the entire room is swathed in extreme heat. A brief moment later, the shimmering portal opens revealing a place made almost entirely of fire, lava, and even hotter materials. A gigantic volcano constantly rumbles not far from the gate and in the background towering spires, tall towers, and domes of pure brass glimmer in the fire. It is indeed the fabled City of Brass on the Plane of Fire.


Silver ! Gold

Party is up. Everyone not immune to fire needs to make a Fortitude save.

Ed is confident she can basically use the console, now that it is on. However, she will need two full rounds to make a KN (engineering) or Disable Device check to do so. Up to two can aid. But don't forget the fire & magma elementals nearby.

The goal is to shut down the portals as they are charging the now open gate. The lava flowing through them will continue to feed the gate.

Ember:
If you still want to use shatter, there is a way. You have an Int of seven though... Do you remember your perception check of area A3? If not make me an Int check. Or you can work on the elementals.

R7
Ember(32): <--here now
Ed(15): <--here now
Suli(9): <--here now
Cap(3): <--here now
Tig-0(9): XXX
Jethzarai(8): XXX
portals(0):

R6:

Ember(32): magic missiles Tig-0.
Ed(15): lightning bolt, & jumped lava.
Suli(9): dinged Tig-0.
Tig-0(9): brawled the brawler
Jethzarai(8): bleeds out, dies.
Cap(3): killed Tig-0
portals(0): summoned one elemental, three elementals climbed to ledge.

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

GM:
I believe you are talking about the other battery packs used most likely to open the other portals and would target those if I saw them but don't remember exactly if that is what you are talking about..

Ember will move closer to the portal and cast shatter on any item that looks like the battery from the earlier women/J encounter.
shatter: 7d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 6, 4, 1, 5) = 25

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

Huh.

She'll do that. Ignoring Mooks.

Round 1 Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
Round 2 Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27

+Techno Jazz

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

Captain Steves pauses for a moment to catch his breath, Tig's battering seems to have taken a bit of a toll.

"I'll keep these things off of Ed while she works, Suli do what you can to help her or see if J is still alive, might be worth talking to him."

He then steps forward to deliver a flurry of blows with his shield to the elementals, starting with the one on the left hand side of the map, then continuing to the one directly in front of him.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25 Damage 1: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 Damage 2: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22
Haste Atk: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 Haste Dmg: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22
Flurry 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Damage 3: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
Flurry 4: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Damage 4: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

Edited to Add fort save and targeting order.
Fort Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Though Cap does have immunity to fire for 66 more points (from protection from energy)


Silver ! Gold

Ember, give me an Int check please. Also Ed& Ember should make fort saves.

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

Ed still has protection from fire active.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

int: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4
fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Grand Lodge

male Suli Monk (Ki Mysic, Monk of the Four Winds, Monk of the Sacred Mountain)15 | AC 36(38) T31 FF32(34) | CMD 49 | DR 3/- | HP 16/168 | Fort +18 Ref+17 Will+20 | Init+3 | Perc +21 | EA 10/15 | EF 15/18 | Ki 1/15

fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Suli moves next to the captain and attacks an elemental.

attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 dmg: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 6 = 10 cold: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 = 10


Silver ! Gold

Ed's fingers seem to duplicate and then triplicate themselves as they fly over the console. She is not only able to deactivate a portal, but she is also able to choose which one she shuts down. Sulii & the Cap provide the technomancer a screen dropping every elemental that comes within reach.

Ember flies down and touches the floor unleashing a crack of magical energy and splits a whole in the red metal. Not quite making it through, the lava in the channels fills the whole he made.

Not only would blowing up the battery this close to the open gate permantly rip it open, but it will like kill Ed who is now holding it, and deprive you of a secondary success condition. I know Ember rolled a 4 on that Int check, and the player doesn't remember something he saw before, but I just don't want to do that to you all. That said, Ember you may retcon your last action or not.

Ed needs six rounds to shut down the other portals. Assuming the elementals can only double move to reach you, and Cap & Suli can finish one in a round in most cases. Please give me six rounds of full attacks (C&S), and three engineering checks(Ed). & Fort saves. (these are for smoke not fire). Ember you can decide if you want to attack the floor, or the elementals or try something different (I will no longer step in to prevent you from failing secondary missions however.)


Silver ! Gold
Captain Steves Super Soldier wrote:
"Hey, we aren't after your bounty. We are just here to protect our city and the other creatures that live here. Stand down and we can shut off these portals and discuss how to get you home."

Did you mean this? Can you get us home without the Jethzarai's gate?" The question comes from one of the Azer sisters, her head poking through the door, where it seems they have been listening for sometime.

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

"Ed is fixing it!!!"

K. Engineering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34
K. Engineering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
K. Engineering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Ed will soldier on through the smoke, and hold her breath if she has to. If something comes up in conversation that allows her to get some azers home, she will signal the adults that she may accommodate them, however, preventing explosions are her priority.

@Ember: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
"Wait Emby! Don't break it! Ed can fix it, now! Cap, what should Emby do?"

Yeah, I'd like to live, please!

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

"yes, sisters...The gate is still open. Hurry while it is still open and run home. Go now!!! can't find anywhere where it said the gate was closed
I will gladly target the floor instead
Ember will fly over and provide one more target to attack instead of ED and hold his breath while doing so after tell the sisters to run

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

did I need to do one or many fort saves if I am holding my breath?
fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

Ember will cast shatter at the same spot in the floor enough times to create a hole
S1: 7d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 4, 3, 4, 6) = 26
S2: 7d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 2, 5, 1, 1) = 17
S3: 7d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 2, 6, 4, 4) = 28
S4: 7d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 6, 4, 5, 3) = 29
S5: 7d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 1, 6, 1, 4, 3) = 23


Silver ! Gold

"At last!" The Azer's quickly move in and are about to jump ship when one decides she shouldn't leave just yet. She moves over to the dead salamander and toes it with a heavy boot. Reaching into a pouch she pulls out a small scrap of vellum. Hmm," she ponders.زندہ یا مردہ. ٹھیک ہے، آپ کیا جانتے ہیں ؟!

ignan:
Dead or alive. What do you know.

Smoke begins billowing from the gate, but Ed successfully shuts down one portal. The lava flow stops, but the liquid rock in the channel continue moving toward the gate. Cap and Sulii take out the three remaining elementals. 3d100 ⇒ (32, 5, 50) = 87 and three more escape the portals.

As the first Azer lifts the dead salamander over her shoulder the second Azer gets a wicked gleam in her eye. "Hang on," she says to Ember. "I want to do this too," She pulls a strange contraption from her back and jerks on a string. It looks something like a sword, but the blade has many tinier blades along its edge. The contraption wails to life with a great noise, and the tiny blades whirl around the bigger one. She cuts into the red metal of the floor with great abandon and glee. You can almost hear Tig-0 "Stop bad robot. Stop."[/b] The noise her attack makes almost makes you wish she would stop.

The room shakes and shivers. The third azer jumps with joy, quite literally, through the gate and back home. Something she was carrying immediately bursts into flame. She looks at it, shrugs then moves toward the city with no more than a glance behind her.

Ember and the azer sister complete their whole and the lava in the channel moves falls through to a level below. The pool charging the gate loses one more source another source of lava.

The first azer throws a bundle of stuff up to Sulii. "We can't use those at home, but this," she says hefting the dead technomancer,"is all mine." Sulii pays no mind. As he is busy crunching fire and magma elementals. She then hops through the gate with her prize.

Ed shuts down a second portal, just as the last of the lava from the first enters the pool. Only one portal remains to actively feed the gate. Heat continues to pour through the gate and the volcano just beyond, the very air is beginning to turn to ash.

An elemental scores a lucky blow! The Captain, already suffering from Tig-0's assault crumples to the floor. Having taken one down already, Sulii takes out the last.

The last sister looks at her nice toy. "Sister Dezli is correct," she says, switching it off and tossing it to Ember. She too jumps through the gate.

The gate has been been open for less than a minute when Ed shuts off the third portal. Lava continues pouring from each portal for five or six heartbeats, even after it closes and the gate stays open. 1d100 ⇒ 76 no new elementals!

The magical rift is too close to the planar volcano and it shakes violently enough to feel it even on the material plane. The heat increases even further and everyone's lungs are on fire. Lava begins filling in from the gate.

But then the last glowing opal on the gate goes dark. The planar breech closes, and soon all you can see through the circular frame is the scorching red wall of the redoubt.

It takes Ed only a moment more to close the final portal. And soon the lava drains away, and the room slowly begins to cool.


Silver ! Gold

Ed can't really fail these checks. Her feat gives her a +10 to them. It takes two rounds per portal, and two rounds after that for the last of the lava to reach the gate. Since there are four portals active that comes out to a nice round number of 10 rounds....

Fires of Karamoss wrote:
After the gate is open for 1 minute, smoke begins to billow from the gate and the temperature rises even further, forcing any creature breathing the air to take 1d6 points of fire damage each round (no save) and attempt Fortitude saves to avoid the effects of smoke inhalation (as if in a forest fire; Core Rulebook 426). The entire chamber begins to shake as the nearby volcano rumbles, and lava begins gradually flooding area B2. Over the course of 1 minute, lava covers all but the raised platform in the room. After the gate is open for 2 minutes,...

[ooc]Well you don't really need to worry about that now do you?[ooc]

curiousity:
...the otherworldly volcano erupts violently, destroying the entire Forge core. Any creature in those areas when this happens takes 10d10 points of fire damage and falls 100 feet into a massive tangle of semi-molten slag and jagged metal shrapnel on the Forge’s floor. As a small mercy, this explosion completely destroys the portals before they can tear the interplanar boundaries further and consume the Red Redoubt entirely.
Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

"YES, WE WON!!!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)
Venture Teller Play b'Post wrote:
An elemental scores a lucky blow! The Captain, already suffering from Tig-0's assault crumples to the floor. Having taken one down already, Sulii takes out the last.

Before falling to the elemental, Cap responds to the Azers

"I am unsure about getting you home without the gate, but I will be happy for you to go home through it before we close it. We must close it though to protect our people. If you don't make it, I will help you get home somehow."

wow, surprised those elementals hit so hard.
First looks like I didn't update my hp after Tig-O, done now, still had 35, but was trying to describe as if he was bloodied, without using those words (one of tig's attacks missed, but I'd still have been at 21)
And I realize that this was mostly narrative anyway. =)

I just now saw the last 9 posts.

Grand Lodge

male Suli Monk (Ki Mysic, Monk of the Four Winds, Monk of the Sacred Mountain)15 | AC 36(38) T31 FF32(34) | CMD 49 | DR 3/- | HP 16/168 | Fort +18 Ref+17 Will+20 | Init+3 | Perc +21 | EA 10/15 | EF 15/18 | Ki 1/15

**Huzzah!**

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

Ed will use her cure stick on the Cap when she can, assuming that no one else beats her to it.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Whatever brings him awake.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Silver ! Gold

don't worry about it he didn't actually fall. I was just trying to heighten the tension. If anyone needs to play their character tonight (Ember just told me Fires of Karamoss in on Pullman's list today) these are free to do so. I will post some deneoument and if the system is working, have chronicles tomorrow.


Silver ! Gold

As the lava slowly drains out of the room and the heat begins to dissipate, Radical Edward finishes researching the portals with the currently active console. She also determines that she can extract the console’s backup memory drive.
Taking 10, Ed beats the DC by 11, maybe even by 21, but this part doesn't say +10 if you have techno feat... :P
The memory drive contains information on the portal technology in this room, a larger schematic of the Forge level, and detailed records of power usage in the Red Redoubt during the fatal days leading up to Karamoss’s attempted destruction of the portals. Furthermore, the drive contains data illuminating many of the Machine Mage’s secret methods for creating robots.

She also finds a startling revelation, the last code Tig-0 received is the Machine Mage Karamoss ordering the destruction of the Forge and the entire Red Redoubt! Tig-0 obeyed the override codes without question, deactivating the interdimensional failsafe that has been keeping the portals in check and that Jethzarai spend decades trying to work around. She discovers more of Tig-0's back story as well.

Tig-0:
Tig-0 was one of the robots in the Forge when Karamoss ordered the portals overloaded in an attempt to destroy the Red Redoubt. When the portals failed, Tig-0 approached one of the portals to troubleshoot it, only to be caught in a sudden flux of interplanar energy that severely damaged the robot. Even as the Red Redoubt fell to the forces of Absalom hundreds of feet above, Tig-0 was dragged to the Scrapheap and dumped there by its dutiful brethren.

As Jethzerai began toying with the portals, however, he t reintroduced power to some of the portal control subsystems. One such system sent an automated recall signal throughout the Red Redoubt, commanding its staff members to return to their posts. In the Scrap Heap, Tig-0’s centuries-old receiver picked up the signal and reactivated the director robot’s scorched chassis. When it tried to follow the signal, however, Tig-0 discovered that its route into the Forge had been blocked.

Although the robot’s core programming is still intact, Tig-0 suffered extensive damage to many of its subsystems, which led to several debilitating malfunctions, including an inability to identify creatures based on type—the director now registers any creature it meets as a robot. Tig-0 also lost much of its memory of the time leading up to its disastrous deactivation. It is not aware of Karamoss’s orders to destroy the tower, or of its own role in the ill-fated attempt.

Confident that she has re-secured the portals, Edward signals there is nothing more to find.

If there is anything you would like to accomplish before returning to the surface, let me know, I will retcon it in.

Marw and the other mutant chokers guide the Pathfinders back to the lift and reluctantly thank you for their efforts (while also urging you to leave.)

Venture-Captain Shevala Iorae awaits the Pathfinders on the surface, pacing anxiously the whole ninety minutes since you've been gone. She is too eager to hear their report to wait in the Grand Lodge and asks for your report as you walk back. She is shocked to hear about Jethzerai’s plot but very relieved there is no evidence of a growing robot army. "Phew!"

Shevala laughs gleefully as you show some of the artifacts from the Forge, especially the still-functioning Karamoss battery and the control console’s hard drive. She is impressed by the gear found as well, but since she is not a field agent she focuses on the core info.

"You have all outshone yourselves today. I shudder to think what would have happened if you hadn’t been there to stop the Forge from self-destructing. These discoveries are fascinating. We suspected that Karamoss had attempted to destroy the tower when the siege turned against him, but I never realized he was insane enough to try to unleash a volcano on another plane against Absalom! Your actions today saved not just an incredible trove of scientific and historical data, but possibly all of Absalom as well." Her look seems to say 'but mostly an incredible trove of scientific and historical data.'

Scenario has been reported, I will try and have chronicles at the shop tomorrow (Friday).

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 11, AC 32, t 15, ff 30 Perception +16, Init +2, F +13, R +13, W +9, (+4 vs death, +2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

Day Job Check:
Profession Soldier: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Captain Steves heads to Misery Row to deliver a speech.
Perform Oratory: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"Corruption of the self starts through trafficking in people as a commodity. All people deserve freedom and a right to basic needs. If people stop buying other people even the slavers and slave traders won't be able to continue the trade!"

Roger doesn't make it very far into his speech before he is drug away by the local guards. He doesn't resist them, but tries to continue shouting his words.

"I know I'm asking a lot. But the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

Unfortunately his words seem to have little effect on the crowd.

This was an attempt at a faction card goal, and did not succeed. Did helping the Azers count as liberating one or more slaves, captives, or hostages?

351 to 383 of 383 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Fires of Karamoss All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.