[PFS] Fires of Karamoss (Inactive)

Game Master Curaigh


251 to 300 of 383 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

what is outcome of portals overloaded


Silver ! Gold
Radical Edward wrote:

I ACTUALLY laughed out loud to that one!

"Yaaaaa!" Ed nods emphatically. "Portals overloadin' and 'splodin' was a bad thing for like eight whole minutes, and now your zombie-robot overlord is telling our zombie-robot overlord to get to 'sploding'! Ed thinks it's still bad." She finishes with a sage look, while dropping a pile of old wires in Pinpi's afro. Edward thumbs her chest dramatically, saying "Edward wants a better explaination!"

Tig-0 looks at the little robot and gives an oddly human tilting of the head. "Your logic centers seem advanced for a maintenance robot. New command: reverse the previous work." He pauses for a moment for the command to upload to Edward-bot. Then he gestures with a metallac tentacle at the portals and the large circular form across from them. "if the portals explode they will feed the planar gate. Once the gate opens, the planar energy will flood in and destroy the Red Redoubt. The explosion will destroy all of Absalom, which is our masters wish."

Dead? No Karamass is not dead. He just gave us an order."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

"People are gonna die, Tig. I can't let that happen."

Cap moves back toward the center of the room.

Turning to everyone else:
"Alright, listen up. Until we can close those portals, our priority's containment.

Ed and Pinpi, you gotta try and shut them down.

Ember, you got the fire, if anything comes out, light the bastards up.

I'll stay here and try to keep any fighting centered on me.

And Suli? Smash!"

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

Tig, check the date!!! Karamass has been dead for centuries. There is an imposter giving the orders. Something Karamass would not have done.
bluff: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Alchemist 7

"So wait... the friendly three-eyed metal person is now the bad guy? I'm so confused." Pinpi thought to herself trying to rattle her brain around everything she'd been doing. They were trying to close the portals, but now the robot wanted them to use them to blow up the entire facility and Absalom with it... well she understood that bit. Regarding Tig, "Look, i like explosions too but sometimes you have to be respectful of other people... usually."

"Rojer-Rojer, Captain Rojer!" Pinpi saluted happy to have her task divvied out at the moment. She's go on to try messing with the portals as she had earlier, working past the nausea of non-sugary foam.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19
Disable Device: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
Disable Device: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
Sickened actually included this time. Use results as needed.

.

.

General Information:

HP 60 out of 59
Init +7
AC 21 (t: 17 / ff: 14)
CMD 20
Fort +11 (+4 vs. Poison)
Ref +16
Will +6
Perception +11

[dice=Explosive Bomb (Vs. Touch)]1d20 + 14[/dice
[dice=Fire Damage]4d6 + 15[/dice
[dice=Splash (10ft) Reflex DC(20)]14[/dice
Precise Bombs (Ignore allies if i hit)

Alchemist Stuff:

Active Effects
Ant Haul (Triple carrying capacity)
Heroism
Ablative Barrier (Armor and non-lethal conversion)
See Invisibility
Resinous Skin (DR and sticky skin!)

Prepare Extracts
Mutagen(Dex) [x]
Bombs (13 left)

1st
Ant Haul [x]
Shield [ ][ ][ ]
Expeditious Retreat [ ]
Blank [ ]

2nd
Ablative Barrier [x] (35 out of 35)
Barkskin [ ]
False Life [x]
See Invisibility [x]
Blank [ ]

3rd
Heroism [x][ ]
Resinous Skin [x]

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

"Edward can do it!" Ed suits actions to words and leaps back into the machines.

Ed will continues dismantling portals until there are no more working portals, or adjacent hostiles are a thing.

K. Engineering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19+Technologist
Disable Device: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34

K. Engineering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29+Technologist
Disable Device: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

K. Engineering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36+Technologist
Disable Device: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29


Silver ! Gold

"Confirming authentication code." *bing* "Authentication code confirmed and irrevocable. Karamass did give the order. Return to overloading portals maintenance robots," he calmly states. When Edward continues dismantling the augmentations that make the portals unsafe, Tig-0 calmy demands for her to stop. When she and the others doesn't, Tig-0 informs the party. "Orders can not be overridden maintenance robot. You are malfunctioning and must be disassembled and recycled."

Tig-O calls to the other robots. "Disassemble and recycle maintenance robot designation: Edward." He clanks over the edge walking along the wall to stand over Pinpi & Edward. A node on his round belly emits a pulse of energy. electric: 6d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 6, 6, 3, 4) = 27

Spoiler:
that damage only affects robots. Electronic items are also affected need reflex saves if Edward or Pinpi has them (20 ft. radius), otherwise....
Roll initiative! & if you beat a 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 post an action as well.
Note about the map. Tig-0 is 15 ft. up. I used a transparent square to show the location. Cap & rogers are working on their respective portals when this happens, so I moved icons back to them..

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

initiative: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

"Aaah! My Blackberry, maybe!"

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Alchemist 7

"Uh... does this mean we're fighting now?"
Pnipi asks, as she steps southward to try and drink a shield extract, not quite sure whether or not try throwing a bomb at it. Admittedly, her bombs have done poorly versus hard-construct like things in the past.

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Do the flashbangs count? lol

.

.

General Information:

HP 60 out of 59
Init +7
AC 25 (t: 17 / ff: 18)
CMD 20
Fort +11 (+4 vs. Poison)
Ref +16
Will +6
Perception +11

[dice=Explosive Bomb (Vs. Touch)]1d20 + 14[/dice
[dice=Fire Damage]4d6 + 15[/dice
[dice=Splash (10ft) Reflex DC(20)]14[/dice
Precise Bombs (Ignore allies if i hit)

Alchemist Stuff:

Active Effects
Ant Haul (Triple carrying capacity)
Heroism
Ablative Barrier (Armor and non-lethal conversion)
See Invisibility
Resinous Skin (DR and sticky skin!)
Shield

Prepare Extracts
Mutagen(Dex) [x]
Bombs (13 left)

1st
Ant Haul [x]
Shield [x][ ][ ]
Expeditious Retreat [ ]
Blank [ ]

2nd
Ablative Barrier [x] (35 out of 35)
Barkskin [ ]
False Life [x]
See Invisibility [x]
Blank [ ]

3rd
Heroism [x][ ]
Resinous Skin [x]


Silver ! Gold

Ember sees the robot climb over Edward and reach for the girl. He lets a blast of fire out that smashes against director. The fire sparks and spatters against the red shell but does little more than leave a mark of soot.

Tig-0 descends along the wall, his metal tentacles grabbing the metallic side as easily as a floor. Its fist reaches for the girl while the tentacles reach toward Pinpi.

firebolt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15, 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Tig-0: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25, slam: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 hits
Tig-0: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25, slam: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 hits
Tig-0: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35, tentacle: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 hits
Tig-0: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28, tentacle: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 hits
Tigo is 10 ft up, after a 5 ft. adjust.

party is up!

R1
Ember (37): firebolt at Tig-0
Tig-0 (21): full attack split vs Edward & Pinpi.
Cap Rogers (20): <--here now
Pinpi (19): <--here now
Edward (15): <--here now
Suli (??): <--here now

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

Not quite sure if we are all supposed to post in whatever order...

On her turn, assuming that the robot is not in pieces.

Ed gasps in pain as the robot shows its true evil colors! She will 5-foot step back (into Cap's square if he moves on his turn) and while it was rebuffed before, she'll try again...REPROGRAM!

Ed defensively Concentration: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36 casts Suggestion, suggesting that Tig-0 obey Ed for a year and a day. She will use Eastern Mysteries to bump the spell's DC to 23.

"No fighting Tiggy!"


Silver ! Gold

Post whenever you can post, if someone's action nullifies someone else's I will make adjustments, assume cast defenssively, 5 ft for flank, apply precise shot, etc.

Will: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 I will have to check his stats tomorrow. Carry on as if he succeeded:)

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

Cap 5ft. steps forward and unleashes a flurry of blows throwing his shield. It ricochets between Tig and the wall. This will provoke up to 4 attacks of opportunity if Cap is within Tig's reach (also depending on how many Tig can make).

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12, Shield: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11, Shield: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Flurry 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15, Shield: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Flurry 4: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10, Shield: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

wow flurry of misses


Silver ! Gold

As the tentacles hit Pinpi they wrap around her. tg1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24, tg2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32 Pinpi is grappled & tugged 5 feet in the air.

Cap slings his shield around but fails to connect.

R1
Ember (37): firebolt at Tig-0
Tig-0 (21): full attack split vs Edward & Pinpi.
Cap Rogers (20): misses
Pinpi (19): <--here now
Edward (15): casts suggestion (no fighting) "obey me" is not reasonable.
Suli (??): <--here now

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Alchemist 7

"OOweek! Not so tight!" Pinpi squeaked like a toy as she was grappled up into the air. Knowing how these things work in the outside world-- being held carefully means they can't hit you when you throw things. SO~ Pinpi prepares and slaps a bomb at Tig.

Explosive Bomb (Vs. Touch): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Fire Damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (4, 1, 6, 6) + 13 = 30
Splash (10ft) Reflex DC(20): 12 = 12
Precise Bombs (Ignore allies if i hit) | Primary Target Catches Fire (1d6 per turn)
(sickened and grappled included)

Assuming nat1 will vs. control failed... i kind of feel like Tig should get a +2 to grapple me just because of the resinous skin i have going on right now XD
Not expecting my fire to do much, but i didn't expect to be useful initially anyway.

.

.

General Information:

HP 51 out of 59 (nonlethal of 10)
Init +7
AC 25 (t: 17 / ff: 18)
CMD 20
Fort +11 (+4 vs. Poison)
Ref +16
Will +6
Perception +11

[dice=Explosive Bomb (Vs. Touch)]1d20 + 14[/dice
[dice=Fire Damage]4d6 + 15[/dice
[dice=Splash (10ft) Reflex DC(20)]14[/dice
Precise Bombs (Ignore allies if i hit)

Alchemist Stuff:

Active Effects
Ant Haul (Triple carrying capacity)
Heroism
Ablative Barrier (Armor and non-lethal conversion)
See Invisibility
Resinous Skin (DR and sticky skin!)
Shield

Prepare Extracts
Mutagen(Dex) [x]
Bombs (13 left)

1st
Ant Haul [x]
Shield [x][ ][ ]
Expeditious Retreat [ ]
Blank [ ]

2nd
Ablative Barrier [x] (25 out of 35)
Barkskin [ ]
False Life [x]
See Invisibility [x]
Blank [ ]

3rd
Heroism [x][ ]
Resinous Skin [x]

Grand Lodge

male Suli Monk (Ki Mysic, Monk of the Four Winds, Monk of the Sacred Mountain)15 | AC 36(38) T31 FF32(34) | CMD 49 | DR 3/- | HP 16/168 | Fort +18 Ref+17 Will+20 | Init+3 | Perc +21 | EA 10/15 | EF 15/18 | Ki 1/15

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Seeing the robot grappling a clear ally Suli will use spring attack and move next to the robot and punch it.

Punch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 dmg: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 = 13 plus 4 cold dmg


Silver ! Gold

Pinpi attempts to smash a handful of exploding flame on the creature. Suli moves in and swings at the robot, but fails to connect. Tig-O doesn't respond in kind and rather seems to be accepting Ed's override command and stopped fighting. "We must cause the portals to overcharge," is all he adds in his calm voice.

He has accepted the no fighting suggestion, but if you wish to continue attacking, he will defend himself. Otherwise Tig-0 will continue working on his primary mission.

R2?
Ember (37):
Tig-0 (21):
Cap Rogers (20):
Pinpi (19):
Edward (15):
Suli (8):

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

Guys, do you want me to blow up anything...or anyone? Tig-0, please drop our friend...now. Ed, what hurts Tig-0 the most, acid, electricity, or fire?
Will pull out a MM rod as part of a move action and then move.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

[b]"Tig, Please let Pinpi go. Ed how likely is it he might attack if we continue working on the portals?"[b]

Cap will attempt to remove more batteries, unless Ed suggests otherwise.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

"Uhh....dunno! As long as command line stays, Tiggy won't fight! Depends on gods is how long single instance is, so Ed can't say! Eight hours, max! Ed finishes with a sotto whisper to Suli and Ember: "Just don't provoke the robot."

Ed will attempt to discern how long Tig-0's homicidal tendencies are suppressed for.
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 2 and K. Engineering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22

Edward will also go back to dismantling portals unless Tig-0 resumes combat.
K. Engineering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19 + Technologist
K. Disable Device: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18


Silver ! Gold
Radical Edward wrote:


Ed will attempt to discern how long Tig-0's homicidal tendencies are suppressed for.

Edward will also go back to dismantling portals unless Tig-0 resumes combat.

Tig-O will go back to dismantling broken robots if they go back to dismantling portals. Ed's knowledge of robots is clear enough to determine that much. He can obey the suggestion and continue his prime objective in this way.

You can force it one way or the other, or we can start the next bit. I will leave it up to you, (three people is consensus) 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

"No one hit the robot. No one fix a portal. Ed is gonna heal Ed. Pinpis' got tentacled'd too!"

Ed will pull out her wand and heal herself, and Pinpi if called for.
Actions may change if combat (fighting, since already in rounds) starts again.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Alchemist 7

Pinpi waves in a denying patter, "No-no, i can get myself!"[b] She stated, while pulling out a wand and using its magic on herself a couple of times. [b]"Well, that may not my first time being picked up and by large tentacles-- but never before have i wrestled with metal tentactles!"

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

.

.

General Information:

HP 59 out of 59 (nonlethal of 0)
Init +7
AC 25 (t: 17 / ff: 18)
CMD 20
Fort +11 (+4 vs. Poison)
Ref +16
Will +6
Perception +11

[dice=Explosive Bomb (Vs. Touch)]1d20 + 14[/dice
[dice=Fire Damage]4d6 + 15[/dice
[dice=Splash (10ft) Reflex DC(20)]14[/dice
Precise Bombs (Ignore allies if i hit)

Alchemist Stuff:

Active Effects
Ant Haul (Triple carrying capacity)
Heroism
Ablative Barrier (Armor and non-lethal conversion)
See Invisibility
Resinous Skin (DR and sticky skin!)
Shield

Prepare Extracts
Mutagen(Dex) [x]
Bombs (13 left)

1st
Ant Haul [x]
Shield [x][ ][ ]
Expeditious Retreat [ ]
Blank [ ]

2nd
Ablative Barrier [x] (25 out of 35)
Barkskin [ ]
False Life [x]
See Invisibility [x]
Blank [ ]

3rd
Heroism [x][ ]
Resinous Skin [x]

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

Roger does not attempt to get any more batteries yet.

"Perhaps it would be best to try and get away from the walls, for when hostilities might renew. Make him come out to us. I can fight him better on the ground."


Silver ! Gold

A strange thing appears at the top of the room as Edward finishes her third spell. A grated covering swings down from the roof revealing a long tube rising up into darkness. The darkness is lit by crackling flames on the blackened scales of a snake-like tail. The creature descends into the room revealing its humanoid torso, carrying a small load of scavenged materials. He wears a pair of goggles, and numerous belts and bands to hold things giving the creature a strange appearance. Most strange is his backpack. The pack strapped to his back makes a put-put sound and a very hot hiss. Flames can be seen pushing out from the pack's bottom.

"You are not of the Red Redboubt, he says floating above the room. "Who are you? What can I do for you?"

Kn (planes) (DC 20):
This creature from the plane of fire is known as a salamander. Let me know what you attempt to recall if you score high enough.

perception 1 (DC 20):
Another creature glowing with fire, lights the ventilation tube, though not as big as this creature.

Perception 2 (DC 18):
Part of the load he is carrying is the battery the azers were arguing over.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

Perception 1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Perception 2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

"Hello, I am Captain Steves, these are my friends. We are trying to assess if there is any danger to our people here."

Attempt to Assist Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Turning toward his friends, "there is another smaller creature in the ventilation tube."

I don't mind if the person leading tells them that we are pathfinders, and that we are here to shut down the robots (to protect Absalom) and protect the Chokers.

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

kn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
"and he is carrying the battery pack from the ladies in the prior room."
"We are travelers attempting to not blow up Absalom...which is what these tubes are set to do. But something tells me you already know that, don't you?mister Bond"

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 2
"Ai-yaa! More peoples! We are trying to stop our robot friend from 'sploding the place! He's evil now, ya know!" Let's be friends! Ed waves to the newcomer.
diplomacy: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (3) + 25 = 28

She also cautions him / it: "Don't fix the portals or attack the robot right now, 'kay?"

Grand Lodge

male Suli Monk (Ki Mysic, Monk of the Four Winds, Monk of the Sacred Mountain)15 | AC 36(38) T31 FF32(34) | CMD 49 | DR 3/- | HP 16/168 | Fort +18 Ref+17 Will+20 | Init+3 | Perc +21 | EA 10/15 | EF 15/18 | Ki 1/15

Perception1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Perception2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Silver ! Gold

Tig-0 mostly ignores the newcomer and conversation. He seems preoccupied with something internal, muttering 'search for new command,' hums or whirs mechanically for a moment and says 'directive acquired searching for new command.' He then starts the loop all over again.

The newcomer speaks, responding to Ember's question first. "Absalom? I have no feud with Absalom. I have been stuck here for nearly a millennia just because the Machine Mage wanted to sack Absalom, but the sooner I leave the better." Before the conversation turns to the portals he addresses Edward as the group's speaker appealing to her. "Robots as evil? Well, I suppose it could seem that way. But yes, I will not attack the robot. I would just like to secure passage home." He answers the captain's introduction with his own. "I am Jethzarai, me and my friends have been trapped since the Machine Mage ordered the portals overloaded and destroyed."

I have no interest in the portals, but this gate," he says gesturing to the large round object on the south wall. "The gate can let us all go home. Now that we have this." Jethzarai puts the square box into a slot that seems perfectly made to fit it. He attaches a pair of cables connecting the battery to the gate, tightens a knob, adjusts a set of wires and such.

KN (engineering) DC 11:
The battery belongs here, so it is neither jury-rigging nor fixing the portals. It seems not to set Tig-0 off in any case. This is a full round action while he diplomacizes with you. 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (7) + 27 = 34

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

"Imprisoned against your will! Let me know what I can do to help you return home. I fight for the freedom of all creatures. Freedom of person, and freedom from tyranny!"

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

"Where is home? What plane? You look familiar, but I just can't place it."


Silver ! Gold

"Tyranny? Not so much. More like we are prisoners of circumstance.". To Ember he adds, "I am from a small place outside پیتل کا شہر" The name he gives you is in Ignan, but it roughly translates to 'brazieropolis' and is more commonly known as the 'City of Brass' in the common tongue.

Botting Ember's Kn check for above 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5...nope.
I will bump Ed & Pinpi since they are the only ones who can make the Kn (engineering) check, but will move on if I don't hear from them.

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

My Kn check was 13, DC was 20. It's up above. That's why I said he looked familiar but just couldn't place it...more of a bluff as is my characters norm for trying to cover up his low intelligence.
"AH, I have heard of that place, as some of my ancestors have also come from there...but many generations ago!!"
bluff: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
kn planes: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14for location/information of City of Brass


Silver ! Gold

He eyes the sorcerer quizically though you can't really tell that because of his badass* goggles.

*to borrow Ed's words :) Hmmm... you would ask about planes because I asked for a planar check ? :P

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

K. Engineering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30+Technologist

Ed tugs on the sleeves of Ember and Captain Steves and stage whispers "Battery goes there. Was built there." Taking additional cues from the two, she adds "Can Ed help? As long as we don't 'splode the place, Ed wants to help!"

She pauses a second, and takes on a thoughtful look. "SoooOOOoooo J-rai...is machine mage alive? A zombie? A robot-zombie? Ed has been confused...when did the mecha-mage say all that?"

Grand Lodge

male Suli Monk (Ki Mysic, Monk of the Four Winds, Monk of the Sacred Mountain)15 | AC 36(38) T31 FF32(34) | CMD 49 | DR 3/- | HP 16/168 | Fort +18 Ref+17 Will+20 | Init+3 | Perc +21 | EA 10/15 | EF 15/18 | Ki 1/15

"Hi," Suli says in ignan stepping forward slightly

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

Asked about planes because you spoke in Ignan. Although, that might be too smart for my character.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

"I also wish to help, as long as we don't explode this place. It is better always better to make friends than enemies. Perhaps while we work, you can tell us about yourself and your home, I don't know of either."


Silver ! Gold

As Jethzarie talks he finishes installing the battery. He straitens and pulls something from his belt then squeezes it. Several things in the room begin to ping most notably the lights around each of the portals begin to glow.

"Karomass himself is long gone. I think he is dead, but he is the Machine Mage and machines understand living and dead differently. You mortals too understand living and dead differently. For example you measure life in years or sometimes centuries, but for us it is alive or not alive." He shrugs at this as if to say, better one than the other.

Suli:
below are Sense Motive rolls.
S: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Though there is nothing dishonest about his conversation it seems clear that something strange is going on. While chatting with the Pathfinders (1 minute to attempt Diplomacy) he has installed the battery (full round action) and activated the portals. Answering your questions was just to stall for time. Add 5 to your Perception roll below.
Ed: 1d20 ⇒ 19
P: 1d20 ⇒ 3
E: 1d20 ⇒ 11
C: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Perception 15:
Judging from the lights on the portals, they are now active and charging up. Unfortunately the conversation which is measured in minutes allowed him to make an action measured in rounds. The lights also are measured in rounds.

"I see. Very good," says Tig-0.

Grand Lodge

male Suli Monk (Ki Mysic, Monk of the Four Winds, Monk of the Sacred Mountain)15 | AC 36(38) T31 FF32(34) | CMD 49 | DR 3/- | HP 16/168 | Fort +18 Ref+17 Will+20 | Init+3 | Perc +21 | EA 10/15 | EF 15/18 | Ki 1/15

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Noticing the strangeness of the conversation, Suli walks over to the strange lizard thing."I not trust you," Suli says in ignan as he enters a stance and punches at the creature.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
dmg: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 5) + 6 = 12 cold: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 1) + 4 = 10

Suli's fist looks like it has been dipped in dry ice.

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
"He activated them all!!
initiative: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32
If I win initiative, first spell cast will be haste getting everyone but Suli

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Alchemist 7

"I think life should be measured in how much fun you can have each day!..." She contributes little to the conversation. Peering over to the battery and portals, following the gaze of her peers with a confused look. "Wait... were we not letting this happen again? I thought he was going home?"

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Initative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Confused in character and out ;3... Pinpi wait to see how Captain Rojer responds!

.

.

General Information:

HP 51 out of 59 (nonlethal of 10)
Init +7
AC 25 (t: 17 / ff: 18)
CMD 20
Fort +11 (+4 vs. Poison)
Ref +16
Will +6
Perception +11

[dice=Explosive Bomb (Vs. Touch)]1d20 + 14[/dice
[dice=Fire Damage]4d6 + 15[/dice
[dice=Splash (10ft) Reflex DC(20)]14[/dice
Precise Bombs (Ignore allies if i hit)

Alchemist Stuff:

Active Effects
Ant Haul (Triple carrying capacity)
Heroism
Ablative Barrier (Armor and non-lethal conversion)
See Invisibility
Resinous Skin (DR and sticky skin!)
Shield

Prepare Extracts
Mutagen(Dex) [x]
Bombs (13 left)

1st
Ant Haul [x]
Shield [x][ ][ ]
Expeditious Retreat [ ]
Blank [ ]

2nd
Ablative Barrier [x] (25 out of 35)
Barkskin [ ]
False Life [x]
See Invisibility [x]
Blank [ ]

3rd
Heroism [x][ ]
Resinous Skin [x]

CLW x2

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"I know not what Suli said, but it appears he has misled us! Let us finish this quickly so we can turn these off!"

When it Gets to Cap's Turn (probably last with that roll), he will advance next to Suli and attack Jethzarie using both hands to strengthen the blow of his shield. I can just make it there even without haste with a single move action.

Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 +1 if hasted

Due to Shield Slam:
Attack result also functions as a Bull Rush vs. his CMD, I will attempt to push him back into the wall. If I beat his CMD by 5 or more he'll move 1 square back and fall prone. I will not have enough actions to follow his movement.

Damage: 1d8 + 23 ⇒ (1) + 23 = 24

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

Oy vey

"Arrrrrrrgh!" Edward cries, "Why is all the things down here big fat, stupid, jerks!?"

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Given that Jethro-Rocket-Pack will not let her undo his explosion-doing, and T-I--Gah-Oh will go balistic if she fixes it anyway...Ed is done messing around!

concentration: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38
Edward will cast Suggestion (DC 21) on Jethzari: Destroy Tig-0!!!


Silver ! Gold

As the suli swings at the newest arrival he starts to shout. "I knew it! You are after that damn bounty! After all these centuries stuck here, no less." He jumps into action but not before Ember adds the speed of flame to the party.

Ed throws arcane hacking at the creature and manages to override his better judgement. Four creatures pour from the ventilation shaft and begin haranging the casters with bolts of fire. Suli lands a solid blow on J and another as the creature flies up. From his vantage 15 in the air he casts a spell dropping fireball that covers everyone but Tig-0 and suli in flames.

need Ref saves from you four.

R1:

missing initiatives Suli: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9, Tig-0: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9, jethzarai: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8, lieutenant: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12,

Ember(32): casts haste
Pinpi(21):
Ed(15): casts suggestion
Lt(12): 4d4 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 3) = 13
vEd: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12, vEd: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19, vEd: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7, vEm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 2) = 13,4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 5, 6) = 14
Suli(9): punches J AoO: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33
Tig-0(9): (under suggestion to not fight so delays)
Jethzarai(8): Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 moves up 10 ft. (provoking from suli) drops fireball. 5d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 2, 3, 3) = 19
Cap(3): misses J
portals(0):
I think that covers it, I will need to recheck when it's not past my bedtime. Cap can retcon to a different (ranged?) action. Ed, Em, P, are up

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

..But Ember gave Edward a resist fire (20), and so save Edward some burns!

251 to 300 of 383 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Fires of Karamoss All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.