[PFS] Fires of Karamoss (Inactive)

Game Master Curaigh


201 to 250 of 383 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Re-roll Fort Save
Fort Save re-roll: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

"I'm not sure what this is. It seems we might get stuck if we stay here to long. We should press onward."

Captain Steves will try and continue moving forward.

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

Craft Alchemy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Just super anti-fire foam! Much better than the old flame pro-tardant Polymascotfoamalate! Probably here cause the core will be full of fire. Or maybe on fire...it also could be made of fire. Fire. Edward ends in an awkward giggle, her hand behind her head.
Anyway, wands out! Annnnnnnd, good to go!
Edward will take a moment to heal up.

Out of combat 2 charges for 11 hp off a wand OK?

Spells Expended:
1st[1]; 2nd[1]; 3rd [0]; 4th [1]


Silver ! Gold

No on CLW. No one took damage. As of now pinpi should make the call on proceeding.

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Alchemist 7

Reflex: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
Fortitude: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
(And for myself, Alchemy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18 hm... 2 3 and 1 huh? I refuse to re-roll since the next one will be a 4.

Blagh... not only was it something Pinpi was unfamiliar with but it also tasted awful! What kind of maniac doesn't use edible ingredients? "I don't feel too good. I think i ate too much foam..." Even the alchemical stuffs in this place is unfamiliar to her... I wonder if things can still be blown up?... probably not.

.

.

General Information:

HP 67 out of 59
Init +7
AC 21 (t: 17 / ff: 14)
CMD 20
Fort +11 (+4 vs. Poison)
Ref +16
Will +6
Perception +11

[dice=Explosive Bomb (Vs. Touch)]1d20 + 14[/dice
[dice=Fire Damage]4d6 + 15[/dice
[dice=Splash (10ft) Reflex DC(20)]14[/dice
Precise Bombs (Ignore allies if i hit)

Alchemist Stuff:

Active Effects
Ant Haul (Triple carrying capacity)
Heroism
Ablative Barrier (Armor and non-lethal conversion)
See Invisibility
Resinous Skin (DR and sticky skin!)

Prepare Extracts
Mutagen(Dex) [x]
Bombs (13 left)

1st
Ant Haul [x]
Shield [ ][ ][ ]
Expeditious Retreat [ ]
Blank [ ]

2nd
Ablative Barrier [x] (35 out of 35)
Barkskin [ ]
False Life [x]
See Invisibility [x]
Blank [ ]

3rd
Heroism [x][ ]
Resinous Skin [x]


Silver ! Gold

Pinpi coughs and sputters and sneezes with no sign of it lightening.

Wait until sickness passes or move on with the condition in place?

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

Wait but who is nauseated? and for how long?


Silver ! Gold

Pinpi is, until the sickness passes. (Sickness not nauseated)

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

"Well the foam seems to have stopped, so it appears safe enough to take a bit of time. Pinpi, shall we press onward, or do you want to take some time to see if you start feeling better?"

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Alchemist 7

"Ugh... I'm fine... It's not as bad as the time i mixed up salt and sugar when making my extracts that one day." Pinpi looks even worse at the thought of it, "Now that was a terrible day."

If it's only sickened that's not bad at all. No reason not to continue.


Silver ! Gold

A door from the north is the only ground-level entrance to this fifty-foot-tall chamber. The floor slopes slightly downward to the south, scored by channels that run from a wide, shallow pit to six slate-gray rings that hang like portholes along the room’s curved northern wall. From the center of the pit rises a short skymetal dais supporting a gigantic, freestanding elliptical ring. The six rings on the wall bristle with haphazard augmentations—wires, parts harvested from robots, and sundry other components. To the west, a console covered in buttons, switches, and flashing lights hums with power on a small platform, and two smaller panels glow on the wall behind it.

Tig-O immediately moves to the control panel and a small mechanical arm shoots out from his chest area. It plugs into a slot on the console and starts rotating bits in random sequences. "Hmmm... Mmmm... Bweep..." he chirps and tweets.

perception DC 20:
The big console is completely disabled, barring the interface that some robots have.

Kn (engineering) (DC 15):
The smaller interfaces are still intact . In fact in determining they are still working, you see dials corresponding to each of the portals and can quickly tell they have been irresponsibly overpowered; if activated in this state, the portals would likely explode.

The engineering check can be made untrained (Int check) though judging from everyone's earlier competition that is not going to be helpful.

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

Ed will scamper behind Tig-0, totally in her element.

Ed cannot fail the Eng. Check
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

Ohh, how about a nice game of chess?....wait, Tiggy! You'll explode things if you switch those now! Let Ed fix it first! Pinpi, tell Tiggy to stop trying to explode things!

Uh...these things being... Ed scratches her head.
Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 to determine what this place does. Does not include any bonus from Technologist

Ed will attempt to fix things before playing chess on the busted console. She can use Knowledge Engineering or Make Whole, possibly.

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
"I think it is opening up different thing to allow the robots access"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Int Check: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

"That thing you were going to play chess on, looks like it is only accessible by things like Tig. I don't think any of us could operate it."

Got much closer than expected on that Int Check


Silver ! Gold

Ed's fingers fly over a console and she quickly discovers the purpose of this room.

In its heyday, this room shimmered with the heat of extraplanar fire. The six small portals (the rings on the northern wall) fed constant streams of lava from the Plane of Fire into the pool on the southern side of the
room, providing power to the giant elliptical gate, which in turn powered the production of Karamoss’s army of automated soldiers.

"Danger! Danger! Danger!" shouts Tig-O. His voice is still cool and calm but comes through much more clearly now. Someone has irresponsibly overpowered the portals; if activated in this state, the portals are likely explode. Mirroring what Ed just said Tig-O makes a new command. "Maintenance robots: New directive. Dismantle these portals before it is too late."

It is up to you how to dismantle them.

"Danger," the droid repeats. As if to punctuate the urgency, a light around the first portal blinks red then goes solid and "pings" audibly. A moment later the next portal does the same, then the next and so on down the line.

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

Edward will do so with SCIENCE! Somehow.

Aaaaahh! Portals gonna 'splode! Or beltch fire monsters! Edward is not sure! Ed can fix it, maybe! She cries to the adults.

Another Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22 (not including any Technologist bonus), if the first one was insufficient. She may not have console access, so perhaps a Disable Device: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 as well.

If we are not in rounds, she will attempt these from the main control area first, and move to the portals if there is no option to fix at the main control.

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

What are the portals made of?


Silver ! Gold

Ember, the six slate gray portals mentioned above are metal (skymetal?). Ed, we'll be in minutes not rounds & at the portal itself. I'll adjudicate when I get to a comp. I'll add 10 for tech. Anyone else?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

"Smash? If yes, which areas should I target?"

Cap will move up next to the nearest glowing portal and get ready to start breaking things with his shield. He is waiting to hear from someone more knowledgeable.

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

Edward can fix it without breaking it! Something coming through?

I dunno, if we want to keep it intact, I know Pinpi's got a stellar Disable Device too, so if you guys want to risk fighting off hazards/ fire critters, we can keep it in one piece. Or we will all explode and die. Well, not Ember, but either way is fine with me.

Ed moves to the nearest portal than.


Silver ! Gold

Ed moves to the first portal and discovers that some protective power dampeners have been removed from the portals. She finds replacement parts among the scrap here and begins jury-rigging them to dampen the portal’s power. This will take two minutes...

"Danger.... Danger...," Tig-O repeats as he continues to download his repairs.

What is happening with everyone else while Ed works?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

"Suli stand with me and be ready if enemies come out at us. Pinpi and Ember try and help Ed as best as you can. If enemies appear, Suli and I will engage them."

Cap issues his orders, and stands ready for enemies.

If any one has anything better to do, or just don't want to follow his orders, I the player will not be offended.

Grand Lodge

male Suli Monk (Ki Mysic, Monk of the Four Winds, Monk of the Sacred Mountain)15 | AC 36(38) T31 FF32(34) | CMD 49 | DR 3/- | HP 16/168 | Fort +18 Ref+17 Will+20 | Init+3 | Perc +21 | EA 10/15 | EF 15/18 | Ki 1/15

Suli moves to the middle of the room with the captain and adopts a stance causing the surrounding area to become cooler.

"Suli punch things come through portals," Suli says, repeating orders.

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Alchemist 7

"Oh! Oh!" Pinpi said excitedly as everyone began to light up with new emotion. Things were starting to feel fun again. Rushing over to Ed she looked at the strange portals.
"I'm good with my hands if i can help somewhere. I might know what I'm doing... maybe... possibly..." She laughed a bit hesitantly, "I wouldn't mind following the guidance of someone who does seem like she's seen this kind of place before." She regarded to Ed.

If Relevant
Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Disable Device: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33

.

.

General Information:

HP 60 out of 59
Init +7
AC 21 (t: 17 / ff: 14)
CMD 20
Fort +11 (+4 vs. Poison)
Ref +16
Will +6
Perception +11

[dice=Explosive Bomb (Vs. Touch)]1d20 + 14[/dice
[dice=Fire Damage]4d6 + 15[/dice
[dice=Splash (10ft) Reflex DC(20)]14[/dice
Precise Bombs (Ignore allies if i hit)

Alchemist Stuff:

Active Effects
Ant Haul (Triple carrying capacity)
Heroism
Ablative Barrier (Armor and non-lethal conversion)
See Invisibility
Resinous Skin (DR and sticky skin!)

Prepare Extracts
Mutagen(Dex) [x]
Bombs (13 left)

1st
Ant Haul [x]
Shield [ ][ ][ ]
Expeditious Retreat [ ]
Blank [ ]

2nd
Ablative Barrier [x] (35 out of 35)
Barkskin [ ]
False Life [x]
See Invisibility [x]
Blank [ ]

3rd
Heroism [x][ ]
Resinous Skin [x]

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

HA ha ha, Pinpi that is awesome...can't paint worth a darn but DD/KnE both really high
Ember will go over but mostly try to stay out of the way
"If something comes out, I can blast it better then helping the other two"


Silver ! Gold

Pinpi moves over to the portal and sees what Ed is doing. The alchemist tries to help but Ed waves a hand spasmodically gesturing at the next portal over. Pinpi, even through her sickness, notices the wires and other components wrapped around the portal rings act as conductors, augmenting the interplanar connection.* She quickly begins dismantling those components on the second portal.

Femur tossing* here & using Pinpi' second roll instead of her first. Doesn't Cap have Glorymane?* Does this look right then?

    First minute
  • Ed: Kn (engineering) to dismantle the first portal.
  • Pinpi: Disable device to dismantle the second portal.
  • Cap, Suli, Ember: watching (for?) others.
  • Tig-O: downloads his up-grade.

Anyone want to change their course of action? Should I continue?

Danger.... Danger...," Tig-O repeats as he continues to download his repairs. The portal's lights continue flashing.

    Second minute
  • Ed: Kn (engineering) to dismantle the first portal.
  • Pinpi: Disable device to dismantle the second portal.
  • Cap, Suli, Ember: watching (for?) others.
  • Tig-O: downloads his up-grade.

Danger.... Danger...," Tig-O repeats as he continues to download his repairs. The portal's lights continue flashing.

Anyone want to change their course of action? Should I continue?

E & P at the end of two minutes:

Perception (DC 20):
The work done is good, but not complete. You estimate you might be half way through disabling this portal, but maybe only half that. It's really hard to say with all this jiggery-pokery going on.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

After seeing that the other two are dismantling things around the portals, Cap will move up and start destroying components around another portal.

Cap doesn't have Glorymane, it wouldn't be a very good shield for him. Jasmine is my only character with Glorymane.

Posting 10 rounds as we are going by minutes, take what ever is relevant. If Cap successfully destroys the components on one portal he will move on to the next one to his right. On rounds he moves take the first attack and add +2 to hit, and +5 to damage and ignore the other 3 attacks.

These attacks ignore hardness of 19 or less as Cap is using an adamantine shield.

1st round:
Move and make 1 attack with both hands swinging
attack roll: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
damage: 1d8 + 23 ⇒ (7) + 23 = 30

2nd round:
Brawler's Flurry 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 131d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 241d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 211d8 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 201d8 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 191d8 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22

3rd round:
Brawler's Flurry 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 121d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 311d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 211d8 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 241d8 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 181d8 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

4th round:
Brawler's Flurry 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 201d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 211d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 221d8 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 211d8 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 241d8 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22

5th round:
Brawler's Flurry 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 291d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 131d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 251d8 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 191d8 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 191d8 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18

6th round:
Brawler's Flurry 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 281d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 141d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 181d8 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 231d8 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 181d8 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23

7th round:
Brawler's Flurry 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 131d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 221d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 181d8 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 231d8 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 241d8 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25

8th round:
Brawler's Flurry 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 291d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 241d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 231d8 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 251d8 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 201d8 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

9th round:
Brawler's Flurry 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 241d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 221d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 181d8 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 191d8 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 181d8 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22

10th round:
Brawler's Flurry 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 161d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 171d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 241d8 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 241d8 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 231d8 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18

3rd round 2nd attack (critical threat, probably is irrelevant as this is an object, but just in case)
rolling to confirm critical: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
extra critical damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
haha, really doesn't matter with a natural 1 to confirm


Silver ! Gold
Venture Captain Shevela wrote:

Shevala.

..."Finally, please keep an eye out for anything of academic significance. The entire tower is a trove of historical data from one of the most fascinating periods in Absalom’s history! Bring me anything interesting that you can carry, and secure everything else so that future expeditions can study the artifacts in relative safety."

Int check to remember your mission?

"Danger.... Danger...," Tig-0 repeats as he.... "Maintenance robot designation Rogers001! Cease that dangerous activity at once!" Though his voice is still calm and clear as usual, there is a note of emergency in Tig-0's volume. "An improperly deactivated portal could be even more unstable and dangerous."

Do you need an attack roll on an object?

But Tig-0's repeated warning is too late. The skymetal of the captain's shield cuts cleanly through the metal of the portal. A huge ball of plasmic energy engulfs the brawler and the area around him.

Reflex save is needed for those in the explosion.

1d6 ⇒ 1, O?: 2d12 ⇒ (1, 12) = 13

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

Uggg..seriously...this laggy PbP sucks sometimes.

Ed would have spoken up if she sees the Captain start moving with intent to break. She still believes that she can fix it without breaking it...that wouldn't have changed. So Cap ignores her (totally fine, she's a kid), and if the first swing didn't take it out, she would have spoken up harder.

"Ed can fix it, Cap! Let Ed Fix it!"

I can hit it with a Make Whole later too.

Grand Lodge

male Suli Monk (Ki Mysic, Monk of the Four Winds, Monk of the Sacred Mountain)15 | AC 36(38) T31 FF32(34) | CMD 49 | DR 3/- | HP 16/168 | Fort +18 Ref+17 Will+20 | Init+3 | Perc +21 | EA 10/15 | EF 15/18 | Ki 1/15

Dunno if I need to

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

Cap will stop as soon as Ed tells him to and return to his spot in the middle of the room.

Ref: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

"Sorry, I panicked a bit as time looked like it might have been getting close."

Sorry everyone, it seemed like the description of what the disabling was was just disconnecting things


Silver ! Gold

Cap notices a number of devices similar to the one the sisters were fighting over spill out when he destroys the ring.

Cap:
4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 5, 3) = 19 halved for save. Half fire/half electricity, and you are deafened for a minute. Please also make a perception check (DC 15). If successful you will notice wiggling the battery out (of a different portal) requires strength and patience: make a strength check. Also, the Glorymane was a hint to the mechanics being used here, as they are similar to the library research... :)

Pinpi and Ed realize what the other is doing and does the same to their portal. Again Ed finishes in a two minutes making it look easy, but Pinpi takes a little longer. using the other roll you made (disable device/Kn (engineering))

"Danger... ahh. File found. These portals connect to another plane. comes Tig-O steady voice. it then goes back to repeating, "Danger...

    Third minute
  • Ed: Disable Device to dismantle the first portal.
  • Pinpi: Kn (eng) to dismantle the second portal.
  • Cap, Suli, Ember: watching (for?) others.
  • Tig-O: downloads his up-grade.

    Fourth minute
  • Ed: Disable Device to dismantle the first portal.
  • Pinpi: Kn (eng) to dismantle the second portal.
  • Cap, Suli, Ember: watching (for?) others.
  • Tig-O: downloads his up-grade.

    Fifth minute
  • Ed: ??
  • Pinpi: Kn (eng) to dismantle the second portal.
  • Cap, Suli, Ember: watching (for?) others.
  • Tig-O: downloads his up-grade.

Let me know if you want to change any of this. I don't want to rush you but I want to avoid the collective eye-roll and pick up the pace.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

"HRM, THIS LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING WE SHOULD TAKE"

Sense Motive DC 5:
Cap sounds like he can't really hear himself

strength check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Cap, will continue to try this unless something else happens to prevent him.
strength check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

If that second one is good enough Cap, will look around the room to see if he can find anything that might give hints for Ed and Pinpi.
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

After a minute passes:
"Oh, the ringing has mostly stopped, looks like I avoided most of the blast, but there was a bit of spark mixed in with the fire. If anyone can tap my with my wand, that would be nice, but don't interrupt your work for it now."

If Str check successful:
"Looks like I found some sort of battery, Ed you might want to have a quick look at it."

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

UMD: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
"here, let me see that" taking the CLW wand from Cap
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
did you save for half


Silver ! Gold
Ember, the dark flame wrote:
[dice=UMD]1d20+17

on the wand? No change to the first two minutes, right?

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

Ed will do whatever stops portals from exploding. She'll spare a moment to look over Cap's battery and portal, to see if that disabled it.

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

Cap asked "Oh, the ringing has mostly stopped, looks like I avoided most of the blast, but there was a bit of spark mixed in with the fire. If anyone can tap my with my wand, that would be nice, but don't interrupt your work for it now." I was doing nothing, so I was going to poke him with his own wand.

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Alchemist 7

Pinpi will, similarly, divvy up the work between Ed and her-- doing what she can. Also, I'm confused, am I supposed to make a check for every minute?
Lastly-- my engineering was 26 and disable device actually a 31-- forgot to include sickened penalty.


Silver ! Gold

just one check per task per portal, (more when I get to a PC tomorrow afternoon.)

Ember, the dark flame wrote:
... I was doing nothing....

I know, I was being subtle. :) Apparently too subtle.

Except...
Venture Teller Play b'Post wrote:
It is up to you how to dismantle them.

and

"Venture Teller Play b'Post wrote:
What is happening with everyone else while Ed works?

For those of you who have found something that works, do you want to continue attempting those tasks on different portals or continue working on the same portal (different tasks)? Give me two more rolls for whichever you decide.

There was a spoiler above that I didn't see Ed or Pinpi roll for. Perhaps I should have used their full name :o

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

This what you want?

Ed continues working...
K. Engineering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36+Technologist
Disable Device: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34
"Well, we're fixing them! Tiggy, you sure that the portals are gonna 'splode? What timeline you thinkin'? Ed knows - and this is a suggestion - if you connect to the network, you can automatically update your chronometer. Also, Ed suggests McAfee Free. Maybe help Tiggy's speech 'pediment!
She sounds like she's gonna keep working and talking unless someone stops her or a portal explodes. Let's see what happens first!

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

Ember is happy to lend support healing if needed or just staying out of the way

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

"Thanks Ember, just once was fine. Well, attacking them directly seems not to be the best course of action. I shall look around to see if I can find anything that may be of use for our friends."

Average out of combat on the wand?

Perception to find anything else useful: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22


Silver ! Gold

Captain Rogers notices some pieces he thinks he can remove. He spends some time trying to work the pieces free, but the magical adhesive refuses to budge. Tries for another three minutes, but is still unable to make the pieces come apart. Retconning this to start at minute 2.
Radical Edward moves to a new portal and makes technological mayham of the former the bits and pieces used to jury-rig it. Then she begins untangling wires and other pieces of conductive material.

"Quite right, little maintenance robot. MRRRy vocalization's have been repaired. Correction: MostlLLLy repaired. I have not found the timeline yet, though I am searching as you suggested. It is dangerRrous to permanently open a portal to another plane. Technology is dangerous if not properly maintained. Carry on dismantlinZZZ dismantling these portals." Indeed Tig-O's voice is calm and cool with just a hint of buzz, but he is now making full words. "Danger" being the most common and regularly spoken word he makes.

Cap's patient tugging gives him a chance to notice small runes scrawled on it.

Third minute
Ed: Disable Device to dismantle the first portal.
Pinpi: Kn (eng) to dismantle the second portal.
Cap: Str to remove batteries
Suli, Ember: watching others.
Tig-O: downloads his up-grade.

Fourth minute
Ed: Disable Device to dismantle the first portal.
Pinpi: Kn (eng) to dismantle the second portal.
Cap: Str to remove batteries, but fails. As he rolled low he tries again.
Suli, Ember: watching (for?) others.
Tig-O: downloads his up-grade.

Fifth minute
Ed: Kn (eng) to dismantle the third portal.
Pinpi: Kn (eng) to dismantle the second portal.
Cap: Str to remove batteries.
Suli, Ember: watching (for?) others.
Tig-O: downloads his up-grade.

Sixth minute
Ed: Kn (eng) to dismantle the third portal.
Pinpi: ??
Cap: Str to remove batteries.
Suli, Ember: watching (for?) others.
Tig-O: downloads his up-grade.

Seventh minute
Ed: Disable device to dismantle the third portal.
Pinpi: ??
Cap: Str to remove batteries.
Suli, Ember: watching (for?) others.
Tig-O: downloads his up-grade.

Eighth minute
Ed: Disable Device to dismantle the third portal.
Pinpi: ??
Cap: ??
Suli, Ember: watching (for?) others.
Tig-O: downloads his up-grade.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

Eighth Minute: Cap will look for more batteries that he might be able to remove.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Cap will move to the far portal and attempt to remove the batteries.

Strength: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

"Suli try and get these batteries out of the other portals."


Silver ! Gold

"Not that one"Tig-O says. "No energy is being diverted to that portal." The captain finally manages to pull and pry the batteries from their ad-hoc mountings. He does however manage this only after three minutes of messing with the things. occupying him until minute 11, *& moved him to a portal that has been touched.

I will give Pinpi, Suli & Ember until tomorrow to post their minute 6 actions (if any).

Grand Lodge

male Suli Monk (Ki Mysic, Monk of the Four Winds, Monk of the Sacred Mountain)15 | AC 36(38) T31 FF32(34) | CMD 49 | DR 3/- | HP 16/168 | Fort +18 Ref+17 Will+20 | Init+3 | Perc +21 | EA 10/15 | EF 15/18 | Ki 1/15

Suli does as commanded without word.
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Scarab Sages

male Ifrit, perception +7, init +20 Sorcerer 7th, AC 12, 16 (MA or shield), 20 MA and shield), F7/R6/W8

Ember is waiting and trying to stay out of the way


Silver ! Gold
Sulii wrote:

Suli does as commanded without word.

[dice=Perception]1d20+3

I will presume that is the strength check Cap asked for?

Capis continues working on his battery removal and Suli likewise attempts to dislodge batteries from one of the portals. Ed runs by him and starts working on the next one. Their work is interrupted by a loud screeching shout.
"Stop! Stop what you are doing maintenance robots. Fire Mage Karamoss has issued a new command." The lights briefly dim and a low humming seems to wind down. "Initiating interdimensional failsafe deactivation sequence." The lights come back up and the hum winds to a higher pitch.

"Maintenance robots, new command: reverse you previous work and prepare the portals to overload."

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

Ed pokes her head out of a pile of scrap and wires.
"Huh? Why initiate the I-D-F-D-S! Tell Ed why!"

Seriously, wtf.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Taldan), Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Shield Champion) 9, AC 30, t 13, ff 28 Perception +14, Init +2, F +9, R +9, W +6, (+2 charm, comp, emotion, +1 disease, distraction)

"That sounds like a really bad plan, and hasn't Karamoss been dead like a long time ago ... WAIT! MAYBE HE WAS JUST FROZEN!"

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer (Impossible/Seeker) 8, HP 56/66, Init +0, AC 10, t 10, ff 10 Perception +2, F +5, R +7, W +9

I ACTUALLY laughed out loud to that one!

"Yaaaaa!" Ed nods emphatically. "Portals overloadin' and 'splodin' was a bad thing for like eight whole minutes, and now your zombie-robot overlord is telling our zombie-robot overlord to get to 'sploding'! Ed thinks it's still bad." She finishes with a sage look, while dropping a pile of old wires in Pinpi's afro. Edward thumbs her chest dramatically, saying "Edward wants a better explaination!"

201 to 250 of 383 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Fires of Karamoss All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.