Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS]DM Elanmorin's Honor's Echo

Game Master Rogar Valertis

Can the Pathfinder's society help a would be scion of a former taldan noble family regain his title?

Handouts

Initiative checks:
[dice=Initiative check (Amiri)]1d20+1[ /dice]
[dice=Initiative check (Erasmus)]1d20+4[ /dice]
[dice=Initiative check (Estra)]1d20-1[ /dice]
[dice=Initiative check (Honaire)]1d20+2[ /dice]
[dice=Initiative check (Megalister)]1d20+2[ /dice]
[dice=Initiative check (Seltyiel)]1d20+4[ /dice]
[dice=Initiative check (Valeros)]1d20+2[ /dice]

Maps


51 to 100 of 125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Magus 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 16 TO 12 FF 14 | F +3* R +2* W +2* *+2 vs. Ench | CMD 15 | Immune Sleep | Init +4 | Perc +2 LLV | Arcane Pool 4/4

Seltyiel moves with agility, but doesn't use his scimitar. Instead, he let his hand fills with pattern colors, as he speak.

Hold on, please, everybody. Do not move or take any aggressive actions. We already said we mean no harm, but we will defend ourselves.

Ready action: if any of the enemies above threat to move, attack or cast a spell, Seltyiel will cast color spray. The DC is 14 Will. From the current angle, it should take the three enemies. If one of my allies position himself in the line of the spray, I will instead simply go in total defense and wait for my next round.

INT: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Concentration, if needed, to cast defensively - even though he isn't threatened

Shadow Lodge

As Trejet rouses her companions to battle it's Erasmus who strikes first sending his bolas to entangle the dwarf legs and easily suceeds causing Polgrin to fall down on the ground!

@ Mavaro: If you want to trip you don't roll a regular attack but check for a Combat Maneuver instead. Your roll of 11+6+5-2 is more than enough to trip the dwarf despite his racial bonus. Yet you don't cause further damage

At the same time Seltyiel opts for a magical non violent solution and prepares one of his spells.

Meanwhile the ancient Blackwood Tree pleads:"Please friends, show mercy to my misguided children I implore you!"

Then the bear, Firepaw prepares to attack the elven magus, and is met by a torrent of sparkling lights!

Will save (bear): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Will save (Polgrin): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 19
Will save (Trejet): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

With an almost human sounding wail the bear gets on his hindlegs and then stands there moving his head in a funny way. Strangely enough Trejet, the bellicose gnome almost mimics his movements as she's affected by Seltyiel's spell as well! Polgrin's dwarven sturdiness seems to have protected him from the elf's magic but he still lays entangled on the ground...

Trejet and Firepaw are blinded & stunned for 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds then stunned for 1 round, Polgrin is unaffected, but prone!

Round 1 - Bold may post

Erasmus
Seltyiel

Firepaw Stunned & blinded 2 and then stunned 1

Amiri

Trejet Stunned & blinded 2 and then stunned 1

Megalister

Polgrin Prone

Estra
Valeros


Male Halfling Mesmerist 1 | AC 14 T 13 FF 12 | CMD 10 | hp 11/11 | F +3 R +5 W +4 (+2 v. fear) | Spd 20' | Init +2 | Bluff +8, Dip +7, Esc Art +6, Int +8, Perc +7, Sleight +6, Stealth +10 | SA: Hypnotic Stare -2, Painful Stare, Mesm. Mirror 4/4

I can't edit the slides right now (on my phone) but I'm moving to the square immediately to the left of the bear, and down 1/left 1 of the dwarf

Meligaster sighs, I suppose they simply have a death wish, as he approaches the prone dwarf, staring at him and imploring his mental prowess to crack open the stout man's mind.

Hypnotic stare, -2 to will saves for Polgrin, no save

He brings his cane up and swats at Polgrin on the ground, anger obvious on his face.

attack:

vs. prone AC: 1d20 ⇒ 4
damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
painful stare: 1d6 ⇒ 1

summary of actions:

swift - hypnotic stare
move - move
standard - attack v. prone Polgrin

Sovereign Court

N Male Human | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +3 R +4 W +2 (+1 vs. charms, compulsions) | CMD 14 | Speed 30 ft | Influence 2/5 | Active Effects: Champion's Spirit

"We are showing mercy! We're doing our best to not hurt them!" the medium shouts back at the tree, exasperated.

"Quick! Someone restrain them before Trejet regains his senses."


Human Barbarian 1 - ( HP 15/15 | AC 15 (13 raging), Touch 11, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +1; +2 vs fear | Init +1 | Perc +5 | Rage Rounds 5/6 )

Amiri snarls in annoyance and contempt, as all their foes fall to the ground, incapacitated in one way or another.

She marches purposefully over to the apparent ringleader, Trajet, drawing her rope as she goes, and starts to truss the stunned gnome up like turkey dinner.

"Idiots." She declares, as she does so, glaring over towards Polgrin.

Sovereign Court

N Male Human | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +3 R +4 W +2 (+1 vs. charms, compulsions) | CMD 14 | Speed 30 ft | Influence 2/5 | Active Effects: Champion's Spirit

"Polgrin, we're not going to hurt anyone if we don't have to," Erasmus implores. "We just want to talk to the tree and we'll be on our way."

Shadow Lodge

Despite being prone the dwarf avoids Megalister's attack. Yet he realizes Trejet and Firepaw have been subdued and they went directly against the Tree's wishes... so Polgrin stays down on the forest's ground and whispers:"There's no more need for violence. I surrender. I'm ashamed of what just transpired here, Old One"

Out of combat

After a while both Trejet and the bear regain their senses but their will to fight has clearly been broken by the swift way you dealt with them. Coupled with Polgrin's surrender and the Tree "glaring" on her, Trejet bows her head and without a word she backs away from the clearing and towards whatever punishment the Wildwood Lodge will choose to subject her to.

As your erstwhile guides depart the Tree speaks again:"You have my thanks for the leniency you showed to my misguided children. Some of us are proud and take issue with outsider's customs. Your... employer's agent was very insistent about getting safe passage to me and he ended up offering tiny chunks of metal to us, which angered Trejet. It might seem silly to you but to her that was a grave insult. Anyway, all is well what ends well... so... what did you want to ask me about Honaria?"

Diplomacy check please, and you get a +2 circumstance bonus to the check. You could also get another bonus depending on the language you choose to use to adress the tree


Honaire:
Dedication Phantom | HP 9 | AC 14(18), T 12, FF 12 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Sense Motive +4
Estra:
Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 12 (16), T 9, FF 12 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +6(8) | Init -1 | Perc +4 | Sense Motive +8(11) | Spells Remaining: level 1 2/2

Hurray for Color Spray!
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 = 16

Estra's patience is beginning to wear a bit thin, and some of that irritation shows through as she explains, An ally of the Pathfinder Society is a descendant of Honaria, but his enemies are telling tall tales about his ancestor's good deeds. We have come to you to find out what stories you can tell about her, since your wisdom is both long-reaching and untroubled by bias.

Surely wouldn't hate some Aid on this check

Grand Lodge

Male Human NG Fighter / 1st | HP:14/16 | AC:17 T:12 FF:15 | CMB:4 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Per: +0

"Yes, Wise One, we just want to know her true story which, hopefully, will disprove the slander against her..."

Aid Another (Diplomacy): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Sorry, no help here

Shadow Lodge

"Stories... I am not sure I understand your request... Do you wish to know why she was sent here? If so I can tell you she was a commander in the outlanders’ army some years ago, before they split into squabbling nations. She came to round up fugitives in the woods, but she always treated the Wildwood Lodge with respect. Is that all you wanted to know or do you also want to know how she fought, who she was with, or something else entirely?" the Tree grumbles sounding vaguely puzzled by Estra's request.

The Tree also answers Valeros:"Slander... do you mean like when the stream breaks its banks and covers the woods nearby with mud and slime?"


Male Halfling Mesmerist 1 | AC 14 T 13 FF 12 | CMD 10 | hp 11/11 | F +3 R +5 W +4 (+2 v. fear) | Spd 20' | Init +2 | Bluff +8, Dip +7, Esc Art +6, Int +8, Perc +7, Sleight +6, Stealth +10 | SA: Hypnotic Stare -2, Painful Stare, Mesm. Mirror 4/4

"Thank you, Elder One. Your explanation helps shed some light on Trejet's actions. It is important, as members of our society, to remember the customs and cultures of the people we strike bargains with, so as to avoid these perceived insults. Forgive my brashness in attempting to strike your friend, I was overcome by a dread that this could not be resolved without blood spilled. I am glad to see I was mistaken." Meligaster steps closer to the tree, standing directly before it and dropping to one knee, one hand on the ground, wrapped around his cane. "In our society, one of our friends has been distressed by some rumors regarding Honaria. We come simply to seek the record straight. We ask only for your recollection of her life, and ultimately, her death."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25

Shadow Lodge

"Rumors... like the sounds made by squirrels in the night?" says the Tree, sounding even more puzzled by Megalister's words "Of rumors I can tell you a lot... but it will take me some time to explain the complexity of squirrel's mating habits... Of Honaria's life I can only tell what I know for the brief time she was with us"

The Tree continues:"She came to us an hot summer morning and respectfully asked for our permission to hunt down other outlanders who had deserted their armies and left their posts in shame. Honaria led a few score of warriors, but during she lost only a handful to the ones she hunted. Although the campaign took seasons, she was implacable. Eventually her little group wore the fugitives down, like a rock cracking under roots. In the end Honaria broke the fugitives’army and captured their leaders. We never heard from them again. Of Honaria's death I can tell you nothing. The last time I saw her she was alive and well"


Honaire:
Dedication Phantom | HP 9 | AC 14(18), T 12, FF 12 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Sense Motive +4
Estra:
Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 12 (16), T 9, FF 12 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +6(8) | Init -1 | Perc +4 | Sense Motive +8(11) | Spells Remaining: level 1 2/2

Do you know where in the forest they fought? There may be fragments from their battles that would help show the truth of your words.

Grand Lodge

Male Human NG Fighter / 1st | HP:14/16 | AC:17 T:12 FF:15 | CMB:4 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Per: +0

"Wise One...do you perhaps know where she might have been going when she last left your presence?"


Male Half-Elf Magus 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 16 TO 12 FF 14 | F +3* R +2* W +2* *+2 vs. Ench | CMD 15 | Immune Sleep | Init +4 | Perc +2 LLV | Arcane Pool 4/4

Seltyiel sheathes his weapons and closes his eyes. He was glad it could end without unnecessary bloodshed. The Magus kept his silence, though, and slowly walking towards the others, staying behind. He was puzzled by the attack, and curious about what the Tree had to say.

Sovereign Court

N Male Human | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +3 R +4 W +2 (+1 vs. charms, compulsions) | CMD 14 | Speed 30 ft | Influence 2/5 | Active Effects: Champion's Spirit

"Or perhaps know of any remaining evidence of her deeds? Graves, maybe? Or carved stone signs?" the medium asks the tree.

"And yes, slander is exactly as you describe it."

Shadow Lodge

"Where they fought? In many places... Honaria's campaign lasted several seasons. Her pack was smaller than her enemies' so she could not confront them outright but needed to wear them down. As I recall she never faltered from her chosen task but it took time for her to accomplish it. I can tell the sites of each and every battle or if you prefer I can point you to the place where she finally vanquished her enemies. It's actually near as many of her fallen enemies were buried in a cave not far from here. Their bones are long gone, but a sword or two might remain. You may search through it if you’d like to check for yourselves..." answers the Tree, giving you directions for the site of Honaria's last battle in the Verduran Forest and to the resting place of her defeated enemies.

You easily find the place and search it, it requires a bit of digging but in the end you are able to retrieve evidence of Honaria's actions. Inside the cave you dig out what's left of a mass grave, recovering several split helms and broken swords, each bearing the fox insignia of a unit in the ancient Taldan army.

As you get back to the Tree you are greeted by Trejet who ashamedly leads you back to your boat, this being part of her punishment for the previous attack on you. To further her penance the Lodge has ordered her to give you the symbol of her station as a Sylvan Protector. Her cloak which she explains can turn you into a living tree.

As you depart the forest you can't supress the feeling the mission was a great success.

You just gained a Treeform Cloak, please decide who among you should wear it. Also... GOOD JOB. You just flawlessly completed mission one!

Shadow Lodge

Your voyage back to civilization is uneventful. You reach Cassomir and have barely the time to rest there as Remaio Alacasti's agent delievers a new missive from his employer to you. Apaprently Remaio wants to meet with you in person and asks for your help convincing the remeining priests of Aroden to allow him to get back a bust of his honored ancestor Honaria.

Handout 02 avaiable above

The blue dome and fluted spires of the Basilica of the Last Man rise from the skyline of Oppara, the capital of Taldor. The basilica rests atop a tall hill, whose rolling, grass-covered slopes are free of the usual bustle of city life. A carriage bearing the symbol of a pegasus on its doors stops at the foot of the hill. A young man in fine clothing steps out of the carriage and gives a polite nod. “Welcome. My name is Remaio and I am the man whose insistence is responsible for you being here. Thank you all for coming.
We’re here to check on the bust I mentioned in my note and, if we can, convince Brother Valicus to let us move it to a safer location. The gods know I’ve tried, but he just won’t listen to reason.”

With that he motions for you to follow inside the ancient center of the Arodenite faith on Golarion.

If you have questions, this is the time to ask, otherwise you may follow him inside the basilica of the Last Man

Grand Lodge

Male Human NG Fighter / 1st | HP:14/16 | AC:17 T:12 FF:15 | CMB:4 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Per: +0

Valeros frowns. "Can you tell us something about him? What appears to be his reasoning for for rejecting your request?"

Shadow Lodge

"That he is an elderly and mule-headed cleric of a dead god? As far as I can tell he's not even a real cleric. The basilica pays him to keep tourists out of the storerooms and perform basic repairs. Yet he objected to me having the bust because of "religious significance" or somesuch excuse. This from the man serving as a glorified maintainer for the cult of a dead god!" Remaio answers Valeros' question sounding more than a little peeved by the situation.

Sovereign Court

N Male Human | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +3 R +4 W +2 (+1 vs. charms, compulsions) | CMD 14 | Speed 30 ft | Influence 2/5 | Active Effects: Champion's Spirit

"Oh. One of those situations." Erasmus chuckles at Remaio's explanation.

Shadow Lodge

Remaio easily leads you to Brother Valicus' workshop. The place is dusty and there's a number of tools, paintings, statues and artifacts laying around in a disorderly fashion. Brother Valicus is an old man complete with white hair and beard and seems to be searching for something with an incredolous expression painted on his features.
As he sees Remaio and you approaching he blushes and mutters under his breath:"Mr Alacasti I'm deeply sorry to inform you the bust you wanted for yourself is gone. I don't know how this could have happened but I can't find it anymore, along with several other relics of great religious significance to the church. I'm at loss for words, really..."
Hearing this Remaio first grows pale then can't control himself and explodes:"You... YOU DID THIS ON PURPOSE! YOU DELIBERATELY PROVIDED NO PROTECTION FOR MY ANCESTOR'S BUST! I TOLD YOU IT NEEDED TO BE KEPT SAFE AND YOU ALLOWED FOR IT TO BE STOLEN UNDER YOUR NOSE! I'M GOING TO RUIN YOU, RUIN YOU, DO YOU HEAR ME?!?!?!?" he shouts on top of his lungs...

What do you want to do? Let this play out or step in and try to rapidly assess the situation by interrogating the ailing Brother Valicus?

Appraise DC15:
There's valuable paintings and tools left inside the workshop and from what you know about Honaria's bust it wasn't particularly precious by itself. So why steal that and leave more valuable stuff behind? Is it possible the thieves didn't know about the real value of the stuff they didn't take? Were they interrupted before they could complete their robbery?


Male Halfling Mesmerist 1 | AC 14 T 13 FF 12 | CMD 10 | hp 11/11 | F +3 R +5 W +4 (+2 v. fear) | Spd 20' | Init +2 | Bluff +8, Dip +7, Esc Art +6, Int +8, Perc +7, Sleight +6, Stealth +10 | SA: Hypnotic Stare -2, Painful Stare, Mesm. Mirror 4/4

Meligaster steps between Brother Valicus and Remaio, hands held up and out, creating space between them. "Easy, gentlemen. There is no need for such an accusation to be made, and there is certainly no need for harsh language or raised voices. We are all civilized men here. Let us behave as such."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Honaire:
Dedication Phantom | HP 9 | AC 14(18), T 12, FF 12 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Sense Motive +4
Estra:
Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 12 (16), T 9, FF 12 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +6(8) | Init -1 | Perc +4 | Sense Motive +8(11) | Spells Remaining: level 1 2/2

Don't fret so, young man. A proper delegation should be a sop for his pride. And if not, I'm sure we can show him the foolishness of his position.

Sovereign Court

N Male Human | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +3 R +4 W +2 (+1 vs. charms, compulsions) | CMD 14 | Speed 30 ft | Influence 2/5 | Active Effects: Champion's Spirit

Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"Remaio, did anyone else know you were trying to acquire the bust? Either someone who might want to extort money from you or who might want to foil your case?"


Human Barbarian 1 - ( HP 15/15 | AC 15 (13 raging), Touch 11, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +1; +2 vs fear | Init +1 | Perc +5 | Rage Rounds 5/6 )

Appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 19

"He has a point." Amiri adds, agreeing with Remaio's assessment of the situation.

"Whoever took it... seems like that's what they were after."

"So when did it disappear?" She adds, looking at the curator.


Honaire:
Dedication Phantom | HP 9 | AC 14(18), T 12, FF 12 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Sense Motive +4
Estra:
Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 12 (16), T 9, FF 12 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +6(8) | Init -1 | Perc +4 | Sense Motive +8(11) | Spells Remaining: level 1 2/2

Apologies for the slightly incoherent earlier reply. The theft was posted while I was writing

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Estra peers at Brother Valicus closely, We know he didn't want to sell the bust in the first place...

May we see the store room? Perhaps these awful thieves have left some sort of clue.

Grand Lodge

Male Human NG Fighter / 1st | HP:14/16 | AC:17 T:12 FF:15 | CMB:4 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Per: +0

"Remaio, someone is obviously trying to thwart your efforts...who stands most to benefit from Honoria's memory remaining besmirched?"

Shadow Lodge

Estra:
While the scene plays out Estra keeps her attention on the priest of Aroden and is sure he's telling the truth. Whoever stole the relics was not in league with Brother Valicus.

You convince Remaio to calm himself. As he takes a deep breath the cleric explains his reasons:"I'mm deeply sorry. Truly I am! I just left those relics untended for a few minutes. A visit to the kitchen for a brief snack... and when I came back all the metal relics were gone, inlcuding the bust! I really don't know how to explain this... they were there and 5 minutes later they were not! Maybe you can catch the thieves though! This has happened 10 minutes ago at most, they could still be near!" he claims.

Remaio sighs:"You incompetent... well, I trust we have permission to search around, right?" he asks, moving away before Brother Valicus has a chance to answer him. Then he nods at Valeros:"A secret enemy? Someone who doesn't want me to get my titles back? There's certainly a chance of that but who could have known about the bust?" he mutters pensively.

Then he shakes his head:"No matter now. We need to search the place. If the thieves really stole the bust just a few minutes ago then we have a chance to catch them before they can make good on their escape!"

So saying he leads you inside the the basilica proper. The building is not as busy as it was before the death of Aroden. Most of its halls are long empty and its side rooms are blanketed in dust. You wonder briefly how different the place must have looked in the days Aroden still walked the world and Taldor had an empire stretching over most of Avistan. Yet you know you don't have time for contemplation if you want to get the bust back before it gets lost.

You must investigate the Basilica of the Last Man to track down the thieves. Each of you can roll Diplomacy, Knowledge(religion) or Survival. Success means you gain useful information and get nearer to the thieves. Failure means they increase their advantage on you. You can fail and retake a check (well not Knowledges obviously) but that means they have gained further ground


Human Barbarian 1 - ( HP 15/15 | AC 15 (13 raging), Touch 11, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +1; +2 vs fear | Init +1 | Perc +5 | Rage Rounds 5/6 )

Amiri frowns at the timing of the theft.

"Doesn't feel like coincidence." She mutters.

As they reach the site of the theft, she looks around with a critical eye for signs of those responsible.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male Human NG Fighter / 1st | HP:14/16 | AC:17 T:12 FF:15 | CMB:4 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Per: +0

Valeros is not trained (and gets no ability bonuses) for any of those skills...don't want to hamper us so I'll wait and see what the rest of the party rolls and won't attempt unless needed...


Honaire:
Dedication Phantom | HP 9 | AC 14(18), T 12, FF 12 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Sense Motive +4
Estra:
Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 12 (16), T 9, FF 12 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +6(8) | Init -1 | Perc +4 | Sense Motive +8(11) | Spells Remaining: level 1 2/2

You weren't kidding about the diplomacy checks lol

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Estra interrogates the rest of the acolytes, hoping to find more information about any oddities.


Male Halfling Mesmerist 1 | AC 14 T 13 FF 12 | CMD 10 | hp 11/11 | F +3 R +5 W +4 (+2 v. fear) | Spd 20' | Init +2 | Bluff +8, Dip +7, Esc Art +6, Int +8, Perc +7, Sleight +6, Stealth +10 | SA: Hypnotic Stare -2, Painful Stare, Mesm. Mirror 4/4

Meligaster proceeds after Estra, asking follow-up questions as needed.
diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Human Barbarian 1 - ( HP 15/15 | AC 15 (13 raging), Touch 11, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +1; +2 vs fear | Init +1 | Perc +5 | Rage Rounds 5/6 )

And nobody's trained in knowledge (religion) so that route's not even an option =)

Shadow Lodge

"It's better if we split... we should cover more ground that way" says Remaio as he moves towards a couple of accolythes and starts to bargain with them, showing gold in order to make them more "receptive" to his requests.

Estra's gilb tongue proves more effective than his gold though as she's able to track down an actual witness to the theft itself. His name is Bastinian and he's a young acolythe and he was near brother Valicus workshop when the theft happened:"Yes... I was supposed to be polishing the pews but you know... that after a while kind of work gets tiresome, so I found myself a nice secluded spot and went for a short nap... I was almost getting alseep when the most startling thing happened! I saw an hunched, halfling-sized humanoid running through the halls... he was headed that way! It was horrible! How could a creature like that be allowed inside the Basilica, sneaking around while good people are working their asses off to ensure Aroden's perpetual worship? I'm so rattled by this I can't catch sleep anymore!"

Amiri takes a different approach, better suited to her own abilities. She starts checking for tracks and soon finds evience of the passage of several creatures with bare, furred feet through the dust. She surmises the footprints could be from particularly large rats, but the pattern of the tracks seems bipedal, possibly indicating something else.

With this information you are quickly able to discover where the thieves have gone after robbing Brother Valicus' workshop. Not far from the elderly acolythe's place you find what looks like the entrance of underground tunnels. Brother Valicus isn't thrilled to learn where the thieves have gone though:"They went beneath the Basilica? That place is in disarray! Has been for a long time now. No one goes down there anymore... I fear I must stay on the upper level. Someone needs to warn Father Basri about these dire events after all!"

Remaio doesn't seem impressed by this:"Bah. Do as you want... you old scarecrow! Remaio Alcasti, and his intrepid companions will recover what was stolen while you hide and growel under one eyed pieces of furniture! I'm Honaria's true heir after all!"

It seems your employer's decided to follow you downstairs...

Shadow Lodge

The tunnels and corridors beneath the Basilica have seen even less human traffic than the building above it seems, yet they are riddled with rat like tracks. You know you need to quickly find the thieves' trail if you wish to apprehend them and recover Honaria's bust.

There's another set of checks here: roll one between Knowledge(engineering), Perception and Survival

Edit: Forgot to mention the corridors down here are dark. You need some form of lighting device in order to navigate them unless you have darkvision

Grand Lodge

Male Human NG Fighter / 1st | HP:14/16 | AC:17 T:12 FF:15 | CMB:4 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Per: +0

Valeros grins. "Looks like we're going underground to hunt some thieves. My skills should be more suited to this...shall we proceed?" He draws both swords and prepares to enter the tunnels...

Guess I spoke too soon. Thought Knowledge (dungeoneering) might come into play...if it's like our last skill checks, again I'll only attempt if needed...

Shadow Lodge

Iconic Otha wrote:

Valeros grins. "Looks like we're going underground to hunt some thieves. My skills should be more suited to this...shall we proceed?" He draws both swords and prepares to enter the tunnels...

Guess I spoke too soon. Thought Knowledge (dungeoneering) might come into play...if it's like our last skill checks, again I'll only attempt if needed...

You can always roll perception and survival... Usually I would allow Knowledge (dungeoneering) instead of knowledge (engineering) but this being PFS I don't think I can't do so

Sovereign Court

N Male Human | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +3 R +4 W +2 (+1 vs. charms, compulsions) | CMD 14 | Speed 30 ft | Influence 2/5 | Active Effects: Champion's Spirit

"Interesting. I wonder what spirits roam down here." Erasmus lights a candle and begins to look for a clue to the perpetrators' trail.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Grand Lodge

Male Human NG Fighter / 1st | HP:14/16 | AC:17 T:12 FF:15 | CMB:4 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Per: +0

Sorry GM, thought this was still a situation where failure helped them get away...

Valeros looks for clues and tracks...

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Shadow Lodge

@Valeros: No problem, but you can only attempt one check. I'll take your survival and scrap the perception one for this time. Also remember that Aid Another can be used here (still one check though)

Valeros is able to discern the freshest tracks among the many left on the dust covered floor which helps the group move faster towards the thieves.

Erasmus fails to hear anything...

Unless someone helps him concentrate...


Human Barbarian 1 - ( HP 15/15 | AC 15 (13 raging), Touch 11, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +1; +2 vs fear | Init +1 | Perc +5 | Rage Rounds 5/6 )

Amiri is on the alert, eyes and ears scanning for signs of their quarry!

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Honaire:
Dedication Phantom | HP 9 | AC 14(18), T 12, FF 12 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Sense Motive +4
Estra:
Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 12 (16), T 9, FF 12 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +6(8) | Init -1 | Perc +4 | Sense Motive +8(11) | Spells Remaining: level 1 2/2

As they descend into the dark, Estra takes a minute to prepare herself. Freeing Honaire into the world once again, and setting her dagger aglow. Honaire will continue following along in the floor to avoid spooking any parishioners

Once she's down in the catacombs, Estra focuses on following the tracks Amiri pointed out.

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Shadow Lodge

While advancing on the trail found by Valeros and Estra Amiri helps Erasmus concentrate on the sounds around him...

Considered Amiri's check as an Help Another attempt, you still need another success in order to pass the check


Male Halfling Mesmerist 1 | AC 14 T 13 FF 12 | CMD 10 | hp 11/11 | F +3 R +5 W +4 (+2 v. fear) | Spd 20' | Init +2 | Bluff +8, Dip +7, Esc Art +6, Int +8, Perc +7, Sleight +6, Stealth +10 | SA: Hypnotic Stare -2, Painful Stare, Mesm. Mirror 4/4

Meligaster descends into the darkness, using the light of Estra's dagger to see. "I hate the dark. I hope we can figure this out quickly..." he mutters to himself, eyes narrowing to focus in the dank catacombs.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Shadow Lodge

With Megalister's help Amiri and Erasmus focus their hearing enough to hear scuttling noises and the chittering echoes of a distant conversation.

I take no one has Knowledge (engineering) right? If so we should proceed with the mission

The stairs end in a damp room with several deteriorating doors, each decorated with the winged eye of Aroden. A once-imposing set of double doors stands slightly ajar across from the stairs.
Another staircase on the western wall once led deeper below the city, but its ceiling has collapsed, blocking further passage.

The chittering Amiri, Erasmus and Megalister heard suddenly stops as soon as the party enters the room while Estra and Valeros are sure the trail leads to the double doors and not to one of the other smaller ones on each side of the hall.

As you enter the room the boisterous Remaio suddenly takes a step back and mumbles:"I think it's better for me to leave the handling of matters of exploration to the actual experts in the field..."

Map updated, what do you want to do next?

Grand Lodge

Male Human NG Fighter / 1st | HP:14/16 | AC:17 T:12 FF:15 | CMB:4 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Per: +0

Valeros, both swords drawn, heads for the double doors, eyes alert...

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 4


Human Barbarian 1 - ( HP 15/15 | AC 15 (13 raging), Touch 11, FlatFooted 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +1; +2 vs fear | Init +1 | Perc +5 | Rage Rounds 5/6 )

"Whatever these things are, they are up ahead." Amiri says. "And there's a good chance they know we're here."

That said, she marches directly across the room to the double doors sitting slightly ahead, intent on bursting in before whatever is in the next room over has a chance to prepare.


Honaire:
Dedication Phantom | HP 9 | AC 14(18), T 12, FF 12 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Sense Motive +4
Estra:
Spiritualist 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 12 (16), T 9, FF 12 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +6(8) | Init -1 | Perc +4 | Sense Motive +8(11) | Spells Remaining: level 1 2/2

Estra reaches down to pat Honaire on the shoulder as he crests through the floor, Go on ahead with the muscly ones, dearie, I'll be right behind you. Shifting Honaire to Ectoplasmic form


Male Halfling Mesmerist 1 | AC 14 T 13 FF 12 | CMD 10 | hp 11/11 | F +3 R +5 W +4 (+2 v. fear) | Spd 20' | Init +2 | Bluff +8, Dip +7, Esc Art +6, Int +8, Perc +7, Sleight +6, Stealth +10 | SA: Hypnotic Stare -2, Painful Stare, Mesm. Mirror 4/4

Meligaster approaches the door as well, whipping his sword from the cane and patting Valeros on the arm, implanting his Mesmeric Mirror into the human's mind. "Best be on with it, then."

51 to 100 of 125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] DM Elanmorin's Honor's Echo gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.