[PFS]05-08 The Confirmation - New Player Table - by DM DoctorEvil (Inactive)

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Tactical Map


151 to 200 of 295 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

Tightly gripping his spear, Fin ponders what he will do.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf
Stats:
HP(12/12) AC/Touch/Flat 17/14/13 Fort/Ref/Will 4/6/2 CMB/CMD +2/15 Init +6
Skills:
Perception +8, Stealth +12, survival +6, climb +7, know(eng) +4, Dis Device +10, know(dung) +4
1 Ranger (Dungeon Rover)

know(relg): 1d20 ⇒ 5
Sekell is not very familiar with the undead, and is more concerned with finding the necromancer. He'll stay hidden in the shadows and try to seek out the necromancer.
perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


Undead End - Round 1 - continued

23 Sekell
17 Tobin
17 Red Zombie
15 Green Zombie
14 Naysha
8 Zaarah
6 Finvarra
3 Harkus
2 Blue Zombie

Keeping his eye open for the necromancer who made all these undead corpses, Sekell tries to stay hidden as the zombies march around.

Tobin also settles into a nook, trying to hide while readying his weapon.

Unfortunately, the zombies hear and smell the flesh of Tobin and move to attack the party in their slow way of herky-jerky ambulation. Red and Green both saunter towards the party growling in a threatening way, but not getting far enough to attack.

Naysha, Zaraah, Fin, and Harkus are all up now.

GM Screen:

Red Zombie Perc: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Sovereign Court

Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

Lady Naysha throws her arm in the sky and exclaims something bravely in a weird language.

Aklo:
"I will save you, Toban!"

Then Lady Naysha moves over behind Sekell and points at the nearest zombie. She says some more stuff in a spooky sounding language and then covers her mouth and giggles.

Aklo:
"Tangle up his legs! It'll be funny!"

Suddenly there's a WHOOOSH! sound, and a short little man with antenna on his head appears in front of the zombie. Then the weird man moves and disappears! There's another WHOOSH! sound and then the weird man is gone and there's a lot of rope wrapped all around the zombie's legs!

Lady Naysha covers her mouth and laughs at the zombie.

Aklo:
"Ahaha! That's SO FUNNY!"

Lady Naysha uses whimsical prank on the zombie to make him entangled.

Dirty Trick: Entangled: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Scarab Sages

Zaraah runs towards the first undead (red) trying to deduce what it is and simultaneously attacks.

Can you please move me directly in front of the red Zombie please. I cannot move my icon.

kn religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

"Guys, I am now blocking the way so that the other Zombies cannot enter and we can take care them one by one!"

Rapier attack roll : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Damage roll : 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

In case Zaarah is attacked she uses 'Opportune Parry' and parries by expending an AoO and a Panache Point (currently 5/5 and 4/5 after potential parry remaining)

Opportune Parry: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

So if the attack roll of the opponent is lower than her parry roll of 25 then the opponent does not hit and she could potentially reposte)

In case Zaarah successfully parries she uses 'Reposte' as an immediate action to attack the opponent that attacked her.

Rapier reposte attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage reposte roll : 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Rapier crit confirm reposte roll : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage crit reposte roll - TOTAL DAMAGE: 7 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ 7 + (5) + 4 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

Finvarra stays put and readies his wand of Cure Light Wounds.

Scarab Sages

Finvarra, can you place Zaarah where she should be. I cannot move the icon. Thanks

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

Moved you ^_^

Grand Lodge

Male LN Half-Orc Fighter 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 16  T 11 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: -2 Str

Harkus sees that Zaarah has decided to block the zombies. Brave, he thinks to himself. With no other way to reach them however, he draws his hammer, moving into a better position, and prepares to throw it at the closest zombie.


Undead End - Round 1 - concluded

Lady Naysha's dirty trick is not only funny, but effective. She entangles the lead zombie for one round.

Next Zaraah bravely steps in front of the entangled zombie, waving the rapier around with earnest intent. Her attack fails, but she stands ready to parry any future assault by this undead foe.

Fin takes out his wand of Cure Light Wounds but doesn't advance against the foes just yet.

Harkus draws his hammer, ready to throw it if the opportunity presents itself.

harkus, you can call a Readied Action in circumstances like this where you determine you WILL attack IF a certain condition is met. Like I ready to swing my hammer at a zombie if one gets close enough. If the circumstances trigger that action it occurs before the zombie's turn and you move in initiative count to ahead of the creature the triggered your action. Can be useful when the bad guys are all bottle necked.

With the sound of fighting now inescapable in the confined space, Blue Zombie joins the parade toward the young Pathfinders.

End of Round 1


Undead End - Round 2

23 Sekell
17 Tobin
17 Red Zombie (entangled)
15 Green Zombie
14 Naysha
8 Zaarah (parry and riposte ready)
6 Finvarra
3 Harkus
2 Blue Zombie

The round begins with Sekell and Tobin once again. Delaying is another perfectly fine action in closed in fights. Since you are fairly sure Zaraah will drop a zombie if it attacks her, you can delay until a space gets free. You drop in initiative order, but then can do something useful if you like.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf
Stats:
HP(12/12) AC/Touch/Flat 17/14/13 Fort/Ref/Will 4/6/2 CMB/CMD +2/15 Init +6
Skills:
Perception +8, Stealth +12, survival +6, climb +7, know(eng) +4, Dis Device +10, know(dung) +4
1 Ranger (Dungeon Rover)

With the zombies stacked up in the hall way and no way to reach them, Sekell will fire an arrow at the lead zombie.
attack: 1d20 + 5 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 4 + 1 = 14 Firing into melee without precise shot -4, but withing 30ft so +1 from point blank shot.
attack: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

| HP: 24/24, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 28 (T13, FF 16) (+2 dodge AC vs. aberrations, oozes, vermin)| CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+6* | Init +4 | Perc +10, SM +7, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +6 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1 | Judgement: 0/1, Prepared Agent: 1/1, Resistant Touch: 5/5, Teamwork: 2/2 | Active Conditions: Elixir of Hiding (1 hr, +10 stealth)

Toban hops out from hiding. "Ha! Ha!"

Toban attacks with his glaive.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damaga: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Undead End - Round 2 - continued

Sekell steps out and fires at the front zombie. Even with Zaraah in the way, and in the midst of melee combat, the arrow just finds its mark, but it sinks deep into the undead meat of the zombie, causing very little actual damage.

Toban then leaps into the fray using his reach weapon, but he catches it on a rock protrusion and the attack misses completely.

Red Zombie, though entangled, still tries to maul Zaraah. The crafty kitsune uses her rapier to best advantage, parrying a powerful blow, and then, while the target is unprotected, making a lightning quick riposte that skewers the zombie, killing it as it collapses back to the floor in a heap.

With Red dead, Green Zombie staggers forward into the gap, moving slow enough to not be able to attack this round.

Naysha, Fin, Zaraah, and Harkus are up now.

GM Screen:

Red Zombie slam, entangled: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 2 = 21

Scarab Sages

Zaraah attacks the undead creature in front of her.

"These things are unbelievably dead! They surely do not dream, right?!" Zaarah says with some doubt in her voice.

Zaarah regained a panache due to the reposte crit (5/5 remaining)

Rapier attack roll : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Damage roll : 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

In case Zaarah is attacked she uses 'Opportune Parry' and parries by expending an AoO and a Panache Point (currently 5/5 and 4/5 after potential parry remaining)

Opportune Parry: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

So if the attack roll of the opponent is lower than her parry roll of 19 then the opponent does not hit and she could potentially reposte)

In case Zaarah successfully parries she uses 'Reposte' as an immediate action to attack the opponent that attacked her.

Rapier reposte attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Damage reposte roll : 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Rapier crit confirm reposte roll : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Damage crit reposte roll if crit - TOTAL DAMAGE: 6 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ 6 + (6) + 4 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

Fin moves forward a bit to get Zaraah back in view and readies his wand just in case she takes damage.

While making a smelly face, Finvarra says, "Wish we were outdoors so we could have a breeze to deal with this stink!"

Grand Lodge

Male LN Half-Orc Fighter 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 16  T 11 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: -2 Str

Gods, what an awful smell, Harkus thinks as the first zombie collapses from Zaarah's attack.

He takes careful aim in the crowded cave and throws his hammer at the closest zombie.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 4 = 18

Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

Lady Naysha points at the next zombie, says something in a weird language, and then giggles out loud!

Aklo:
"Get that one next!"

There's another WHOOOSH! sound, and a moment later the next zombie is all tangled up in it's own pants! Whismical prank to make it entangled!

Ranged Dirty Trick: Entangled: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Lady Naysha laughs a lot. She thinks it is SO funny!


Undead End - Round 2 - concluded

Lady Naysha's harsh words are soon replaced by peals of her laughter as her fey friends play her favorite trick on the nearest zombie, entangling the undead monster

Zaraah successfully stabs another zombie, but this time her rapier just sinks into the meaty undead flesh and seems to have no effect. Withdrawing the weapon, she readies her parry if attacked.

Fin continues to hold his wand at the ready in case someone is hurt, but so far, no one has been injured.

From the back of the pack, Harkus launches his hammer, which must pass over or between three of his allies, before striking the entangled zombie, but somehow his throw navigates that course, and strikes the lead zombie. Again, the undead flesh of the zombie absorbs the impact, seemingly without effect.

Blue Zombie roars in frustration as it cannot get to the nearby living flesh. Instead, it readies an action.

End of Round 2


Undead End - Round 3
Undead End - Round 2

23 Sekell
17 Tobin
15 Green Zombie (entangled)
14 Naysha
8 Zaarah (parry and riposte ready)
6 Finvarra
3 Harkus
2 Blue Zombie (readied action)

Sekell and Tobin are up first in Round 3.

Scarab Sages

I believe the hammer attack was a potential crit and would need to be confirmed to see if you do additional damage, right Harkus?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf
Stats:
HP(12/12) AC/Touch/Flat 17/14/13 Fort/Ref/Will 4/6/2 CMB/CMD +2/15 Init +6
Skills:
Perception +8, Stealth +12, survival +6, climb +7, know(eng) +4, Dis Device +10, know(dung) +4
1 Ranger (Dungeon Rover)

Seeing his arrows have no effect, and with his allies stacking up in front of him, Sekell stows his bow. He pulls out his long sword and waits for a chance to move forward.

Grand Lodge

| HP: 24/24, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 28 (T13, FF 16) (+2 dodge AC vs. aberrations, oozes, vermin)| CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+6* | Init +4 | Perc +10, SM +7, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +6 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1 | Judgement: 0/1, Prepared Agent: 1/1, Resistant Touch: 5/5, Teamwork: 2/2 | Active Conditions: Elixir of Hiding (1 hr, +10 stealth)

"Ha!" Toban attacks the zombie.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
"Stay still you!" Toban shouts at the zombie.


Undead End - Round 3 - continued

Sekell sees his arrows will have little effect on the zombies, so he stows his bow and draws his sword, and waits for an opening to advance in to.

Toban attacks from the second rank with his glaive, but again, it gets bound up in the narrow cavern walls, and fails to make an attack.

Green Zombie, although entangled, will try to smash Zaraah with its meaty fist. The kitsune, in a replay of last attack, easily parries the lumbering zombie, and while its weight is turned, stabs it deeply with her rapier -- deeply enough to poke a hole right through the undead form, which stands firm for a second then collapses into inanimate flesh.

Almost the same outcome from parry and riposte. Well done! Naysha, Finvarra, Zaraah, and Harkus are up now. At this point, Harkus' crit damage is immaterial as the foe is dead.

GM Screen:

Green Zombie slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

Fin moves forward a little and readies his wand. Finvarra says to Zaraah, but not a yell because we have yet to see the controller of the zombies, "Excellent sword techniques Zaraah!"

Found out in some misc. forum reading that a Wand of CLW is a touch spell, even from a wand. So getting myself in touch range.

Scarab Sages

Zaraah steps forward and attacks the undead creature in front of her again.

"I cannot believe all this worked?! Chaldira help me!" Zaarah cries out in a pleading voice.

Zaarah regained a panache due to the reposte crit in the last round (5/5 remaining)

Rapier attack roll : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Damage roll : 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

In case Zaarah is attacked she uses 'Opportune Parry' and parries by expending an AoO and a Panache Point (currently 5/5 and 4/5 after potential parry remaining)

Opportune Parry: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

So if the attack roll of the opponent is lower than her parry roll of 11 then the opponent does not hit and she could potentially reposte)

In case Zaarah successfully parries she uses 'Reposte' as an immediate action to attack the opponent that attacked her.

Rapier reposte attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Damage reposte roll : 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Grand Lodge

Male LN Half-Orc Fighter 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 16  T 11 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: -2 Str

Harkus sees another zombie fall from Zaarah's attack. Excellent!

He has no way to reach the last zombie, so he draws his greatsword and waits for an opportunity to advance.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

Lady Naysha speaks in a strange language and laughs.

Aklo:
"He He He! This is funny! Get that one next!"

Whimsical prank on then new zombie to make him entangled.

A fast fairy zips into the cavern and tangles him up in a vine!

Prank to Entangle: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

Looks around wonders what just zipped by.

Grand Lodge

| HP: 24/24, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 28 (T13, FF 16) (+2 dodge AC vs. aberrations, oozes, vermin)| CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+6* | Init +4 | Perc +10, SM +7, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +6 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1 | Judgement: 0/1, Prepared Agent: 1/1, Resistant Touch: 5/5, Teamwork: 2/2 | Active Conditions: Elixir of Hiding (1 hr, +10 stealth)

Toban steps forward. "Ha!"
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Undead End - Round 3 - concluded

Continuing to mow down the zombies, Zaraah scores another hit with her rapier on the last of the mindless undead, but again the rapier proves to not be the ideal weapon to kill zombies with as its piercing attack is less effective against the undead flesh.

Naysha continues to baffle the slow-witted zombies with her mirthful but effective pranks. The last zombie is entangled in a vine, making it an easier target and less effective in attacks.

Finvarra still has curative want at the ready, and steps a little closer to the fight as the melee shifts to the east.

Not close enough to do much, Harkus draws his greatsword, and readies himself to go rushing in if a spot opens up.

Entangled in a vine, blue zombie, like the others, tries to slam its forearm into the crafty kitsune swordswoman. The blow hits, knocking Zaraah's parry aside, and slamming into her chin, splitting her lip in a cascade of blood and pain.

End of Round 3

Zaraah takes 8hp dmg after the zombie's attack.

GM Screen:

Blue Zombie slam, entangled: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 2 = 20
blue dmg to Zaraah: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Undead End - Round 4

23 Sekell
17 Tobin
14 Naysha
8 Zaarah (parry missed, 8hp dmg)
6 Finvarra
3 Harkus
2 Blue Zombie (entangled, 5 hp dmg)

From behind Zaraah, Tobin cries a warning, too late, as the meaty arm and fist crushes into the kitsune. The doughty dwarf takes a poke at the zombie, but cannot find the mark.

The whole party is up again now, except Tobin, who just went.

Scarab Sages

Zaraah is now quite angry and thrusts forward with her Rapier!

"Aaagh! You beast!" Zaarah cries out.

Rapier attack roll : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Rapier crit confirm attack roll : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Damage roll CRIT total : 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 1) + 8 = 13

She regains a panache point. In case Zaarah is attacked she uses 'Opportune Parry' and parries by expending an AoO and a Panache Point (currently 5/5 and 4/5 after potential parry remaining)

Opportune Parry: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

So if the attack roll of the opponent is lower than her parry roll of 11 then the opponent does not hit and she could potentially reposte)

In case Zaarah successfully parries she uses 'Reposte' as an immediate action to attack the opponent that attacked her.

Rapier reposte attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Damage reposte roll : 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

Fin clutches the wand tighter as a zombie is finally able to get past Zaarah's defense! Many thought's are racing through Finvarra's head, If I was a little better coordinated I could stow my wand and attempt a spear throw or Produce Flame spell, but then the fear of accidentally hitting me companions is too great after seeing Toban's attacks hit the stalactites. But we still don't know who is making the zombies and could need the flame for that...

After a deep "hmph," "Hold tight Zaarah, we've got your back!"

Fin stays and readies wand for an injured to come in range.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

Having already played a trick on the zombie that was left, Lady Naysha pulls out a dart, and moves forward, ready to throw it if she has to, even though it won't work very well.

Drawing a dart and taking a move action closer.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Half-Orc Fighter 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 16  T 11 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: -2 Str

Harkus is angered to see his companion hurt. He takes a quick breath to calm himself and moves closer to the front.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

bull rush them Harkus!


Undead End - Round 4 - concluded

Lady Naysha now has to resort to more common means of attacking, and draws out one of her darts, sliding forward just a bit to make the throw.

Bleeding and angry, Zaraah lets the slow-witted zombie have it. She stabs quickly and deeply into the zombie, and while the rapier isn't the ideal weapon against this creature, she is able to end its unlife, watching with a smile as it collapses into a lifeless corpse again.

End of Combat


With the last of the zombies slain, the party is free to enter the cavern beyond and look around. In addition to the zombies slain by Zaraah, there is one other corpse in the room, lying face down in the sand on the floor.

DC 20 perception:
A search of the room reveals a concealed passage in the northern wall. The passage is narrow, dusty and looks as if it has not been used in sometime.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf
Stats:
HP(12/12) AC/Touch/Flat 17/14/13 Fort/Ref/Will 4/6/2 CMB/CMD +2/15 Init +6
Skills:
Perception +8, Stealth +12, survival +6, climb +7, know(eng) +4, Dis Device +10, know(dung) +4
1 Ranger (Dungeon Rover)

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

As he enters the room, sekell immediately begins a search for the necromancer, but instead notices an odd line against the wall. Looking closer he notices that the rock strata doesn't quite line up properly only in this one spot. He quickly finds the latch to pull the door away. "OH! YES! Over here everyone." Sekell waits for the others to gather then moves down the passage looking for hazaards or traps. He rubs his hand against a wall and feels dust against his fingers. "And as a bonus, it doesn't look like anyone's been down here for a while. Alrighty."

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 +2 if any trap or hazard is part of the environment


Sekell is quite please to find the fabled secret door in the cavern that he had promised everyone, and takes great pains to make sure all the rest of the initiates see it , and understand it was he himself who found the opening.

The half-elf does not see any other traps or hazards.

Scarab Sages

"Chaldira, thank you for your aid! Luck was on our side." Zaarah says and prays to her goddess.

I am sorry for blocking the way for everybody! :-( As a follower of Chaldira she rushes into battle and usually that ends with her bleeding on the floor and all others having to help.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"Oh look everybody: A concealed passage in the northern wall. The passage is narrow, dusty and looks as if it has not been used in sometime but that is something we should dream about, right?!"

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

"Lets get you fixed up Zaarah!" Fin heals with the wand.

1d8 points of damage +1 point per caster level, unknown caster level

Finvarra then stows the wand and checks the face-down corpse with light pokes from spear.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Sovereign Court

Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

"A secret door? Good job! I'll look for more!"

Lady Naysha feels around the cave walls, looking for more hidden tunnels, buttons and doors.

Scarab Sages

CLW from Finvarra: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 I assumed CL 1 but please correct that GM

"Thanks so much Finvarra! Feels a lot better!"


Finvarra uses the wand to heal most of the wounds of Zaraah.
Yes, CL1 on wands unless otherwise specified

There are no more secret doors found, but Finvarra's poking of the body reveals some interesting things. First, the body looks freshly killed, and it has several bite marks as if the zombie gillmen had him for lunch. The corpse itself is taller than usual for a man, with long thin fingers, a bald head, and skin which is ghastly pale, light blue in color. It is a dhampir, a half-vampire, but it quite dead.

The corpse wears a gold ring, and an onyx amulet around his shredded neck.

Scarab Sages

"Poor person here! No more dreaming!"

Zaarah takes the ring and amulet and takes a look.

kn local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

kn history: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Then she asks "Can somebody detect magic on this please."


Both the ring and the amulet radiate magical auras.

Ring, Spellcraft DC 20:
The ring is a Ring of Protection +1

Amulet, Spellcraft DC 20:
This is an Amulet of Natural Armor +1

Grand Lodge

| HP: 24/24, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 28 (T13, FF 16) (+2 dodge AC vs. aberrations, oozes, vermin)| CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+6* | Init +4 | Perc +10, SM +7, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +6 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1 | Judgement: 0/1, Prepared Agent: 1/1, Resistant Touch: 5/5, Teamwork: 2/2 | Active Conditions: Elixir of Hiding (1 hr, +10 stealth)

“Who’s that? Is this the necromancer?”
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

"Detect magic? Sure can!"
Toban wiggles his fingers and cast detect magic.
"Yep! Magical!"

Grand Lodge

Male LN Half-Orc Fighter 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 16  T 11 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: -2 Str

"Gods, I don't think I'll ever get this smell out," Harkus says as he steps over the slain zombies. He then retrieves his hammer and looks around the room, keeping an eye on the secret passage.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 11

”With any luck, that will have indeed been necromancer,” he replies to Toban.

He is intrigued by the magical items but lets the others inspect them as he keeps watch by the secret door.

151 to 200 of 295 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] 05-08 The Confirmation - New Player Table - by DM DoctorEvil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.