[PFS]05-08 The Confirmation - New Player Table - by DM DoctorEvil (Inactive)

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Tactical Map


51 to 100 of 295 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

A Dangerous Path - Round 2 - continued

Naysha twirls forward, reaching for a second vial of acid and lobbing it into the mass of spiders. The glass shatters on impact with the ground, burning many of the spiders in the process, but not stopping the inexorable advance of the swarm.

With his nausea passing, Zaraah continues moving away, brushing the last few spiders from his body as he retreats.

More withdraw puts you off the map. You're safe for now.

Harkus feels the burn of the poison in his system as the spiders swarm him. He is able to step out of the horde, but is noticeably weakened as he does so. He waits near Janira to see if she has another useful weapon available.

Just need an action from Finvarra, who has an alchemist's fire in his hands, to close the round. I will bot him by tonight, if he hasn't made a post.

Harkus poison effect, STR dmg: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Stat damage like this poison stacks in sets of 2. So if Harkus takes 2 STR damage, his STR modifier is reduced by 1 for all rolls (attacks, damage etc). If it had been 1 pt, there would've been no game effect. Stat damage can be healed at 1 point per night rested or by magical means like Lesser Restoration etc.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

Fin lobs the alchemist's fire after Harkus leaves the swarm!

Ranged Touch Attack +1dex +1size +1inspire: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


1 person marked this as a favorite.

A Dangerous Path - Round 2 - concluded

Fin chucks the alchemist's fire handed to him by Janira. The high lobbing throw successfully lands in the middle of the horde of spiders, and the resulting explosion immolates thousands of the tiny creatures. When the smoke clears, the swarm has dissipated, hundreds of remaining spiders scurrying in all directions. It seems the threat has passed.

End of Combat

In my games, I generally will post an after-combat summary to make sure all my players and I are on the same page about things like resources used and damage taken. Not every GM does this, so you need to remember to seek healing or the items/spells/special abilities you burned in any given setting. LMK if I left something out.


A Dangerous Path - Post-Combat Summary

Defeated: 2 spider swarms

Injured:
Sekell 3hp dmg
Naysha 3 hp dmg
Harkus 4 hp dmg; 2 STR dmg; poisoned
Zarrah 6hp dmg
Toban none
Finvarra none

Resources Used
Sekell: 1 arrow fired
Naysha: 2 acid flasks consumed
Harkus: none
Zaraah: none
Toban: 2 acid flasks consumed
Finvarra: used 1 of Janira's alchemist's fires

Harkus, we need to resolve the poison situation. Please make me one ore Fort save at DC 11. If you fail, you take 1d2 STR dmg more before the poison runs its course. If you make it, you take no more damage.


After the combat ends, Janira is quick to praise your fast reactions and skill in dealing with the swarms. "But we need to keep moving. Daylight is burning and we are still some distance from the cave. If we don't reach them by dusk, the gillmen may have already come and gone."

She does offer healing to each of the wounded initiates, either with potions from her bag or by casting cure spells herself.

All lost HP are restored. Harkus STR damage must remain for now, I am afraid.


As the group continues to travel through the tangled wilderness, you find the trail often blocked -- by fallen trees, overgrown shortcuts, or other minor delays that cost time and frustration.

Anyone may attempt a Survival DC 15 check. One success means you are able to over come these obstacles quickly and keep to your timetable, failure means the group may have to push faster.

Scarab Sages

"Hmmmm ... I am kind of sorry that I fled ... but what could I do ... next time we meet something that can pierced ... hmmm ... yes that is a wonderful butterfly ... oh ...?" she says with a dreamy smile.

survival: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf
Stats:
HP(12/12) AC/Touch/Flat 17/14/13 Fort/Ref/Will 4/6/2 CMB/CMD +2/15 Init +6
Skills:
Perception +8, Stealth +12, survival +6, climb +7, know(eng) +4, Dis Device +10, know(dung) +4
1 Ranger (Dungeon Rover)

Sekell thanks Janira for the healing, before they head out. Upon getting to tangle of forest he harumphs. "Hmm, this path is not great. Let's see if there is an animal trail that cuts through all of this."

survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Grand Lodge

| HP: 24/24, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 28 (T13, FF 16) (+2 dodge AC vs. aberrations, oozes, vermin)| CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+6* | Init +4 | Perc +10, SM +7, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +6 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1 | Judgement: 0/1, Prepared Agent: 1/1, Resistant Touch: 5/5, Teamwork: 2/2 | Active Conditions: Elixir of Hiding (1 hr, +10 stealth)

“Good show everyone! Janira I am impressed with your thorough knowledge of spiders and more importantly spider swarms!”

“Lady Naysha what language was that?”

While travelling Toban seems somewhat distracted as he occasionally stops to collect ingredients for tonights meal.
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

Harkus, I have an antitoxin to try and help with those nasty bites!" Reaching in his pack to grab the vial.

Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Fin helps Sekell look for an animal trail.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

Lady Naysha smiles at Toban. "Aklo, I believe! Some of my fairy friends speak it." She nods happily. "And Miss Whiskers, of course! She's the one who taught it to me."

Lady Naysha waggles her finger at the Pathfinders who ran away. "You were not prepared!" she scolds them. Then she smiles and lets out a giggle. "Fleeing and leaving your fellows behind is not cooperation, silly!"

Then she turns and follows the others through the forest. She smiles at all the pretty plants, and calls out greetings to all the animals. Sometimes she listens to unheard voices, and then gives advice on which way to go.

Survival Check to AID: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Scarab Sages

"Oh Lady Naysha ... you are right! I was not cooperative ... I was just really afraid and then sometimes ... you know sometimes ... I just go crazy! But also in a good way ... well sometimes ... hmmm ..."

Grand Lodge

Male LN Half-Orc Fighter 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 16  T 11 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: -2 Str

Harkus thanks Janira for the healing and hears Finvarra offer an antitoxin. “Oh, thank you very much Finvarra! I would have bought one myself but it was a tad expensive,” he says as he gladly accepts the gift and drinks it. "Thank you, who knows how bad these bites could get."

Fort vs Posion w/ antitoxin: 1d20 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 5 = 22

He brushes himself off, ready to keep moving and determined to push through the effects the spiders had on him.

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

"Toban, what extra goodies are you picking up for tonight's meal?", asks Finvarra.

Grand Lodge

| HP: 24/24, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 28 (T13, FF 16) (+2 dodge AC vs. aberrations, oozes, vermin)| CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+6* | Init +4 | Perc +10, SM +7, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +6 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1 | Judgement: 0/1, Prepared Agent: 1/1, Resistant Touch: 5/5, Teamwork: 2/2 | Active Conditions: Elixir of Hiding (1 hr, +10 stealth)

"Let's see. Mushrooms, onions, and crabapples will make very nice kebobs. For dessert we have gooseberries and hickory nuts."

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

Licks lips and rubs belly with a smile.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

"Yummy!" says Lady Naysha. "That sounds tasty, Toban! Here! I found some mint leaves you can use."

She tells a silly joke as we walk.

Perform Comedy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Grand Lodge

| HP: 24/24, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 28 (T13, FF 16) (+2 dodge AC vs. aberrations, oozes, vermin)| CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+6* | Init +4 | Perc +10, SM +7, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +6 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1 | Judgement: 0/1, Prepared Agent: 1/1, Resistant Touch: 5/5, Teamwork: 2/2 | Active Conditions: Elixir of Hiding (1 hr, +10 stealth)

"Thank you Lady Naysha. Adding these mint leaves in between the other items on the kebobs will add some tasty flavour!"

Toban laughs heartily at Lady Naysha's joke.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

Fin also laughs at Lady Naysha's joke!


The group of initiates works together to find a better path through the wilderness of the forest, and allow the group to keep the pace they need to arrive at the target location on time for the moon to be right.

"Well done, friends!" says Janira with sincere admiration. "Your woodcraft is already much better than mine will ever be. Now, if you need help finding your way in the library, I'm your girl! In the woods, not so much..."


After a few more hours of difficult going, the dense forest opens to a wide clearing at the base of a sheer cliff. Thick vines cover the surface of the cliff stretching 30 feet overhead.

"Here! The cave entrance is behind those vines," Janira says with a broad smile as she walks to the cliff's face. She pulls back several layers of vegetation to reveal a narrow crack in the cliff's surface "This is where I saw the gillmen enter."

As she motions toward the aperture, the surrounding woods come alive with the sound of small animals fleeing some unseen danger and a large creature crashing through the undergrowth. The halfling worriedly remarks, "Quick, take cover before whatever it is spots us!"

As if she'd summoned the creature with her words, a massive horned monstrosity emerges from the trees. Standing eight feet tall on a pair of cloven hooves and wielding a tremendous axe, the bull-headed creature roars with unbridled anger when it spots the group.

Wisely assessing that a minotaur is beyond her charges' capabilities, Janira screams, "A minotaur! There's little chance we can stand against it. Take my bag!" she continues, pulling off her backpack, "and I'll lead it away from the caves, lose it in the forest, and join you as soon as I can. Now go! GO!" She heaves her backpack into the cave, casts a spell, and darts off toward the minotaur before turning to lure it away.


The crack in the wall is only 5 feet wide and extends 10 feet into the rock before widening into a broader tunnel. It appears that the large-sized minotaur would have great difficulty navigating that narrow entrance.

Survival DC 15:
You find several footprints in the soil of the cave mouth that have been left by a web-footed humanoid who traveled this way not long before, maybe a few hours at most.

Each player has a choice, either listen to Janira and flee into the caves or ignore her orders and stand and fight. The minotaur is approaching with ill intent. Make your choice now!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf
Stats:
HP(12/12) AC/Touch/Flat 17/14/13 Fort/Ref/Will 4/6/2 CMB/CMD +2/15 Init +6
Skills:
Perception +8, Stealth +12, survival +6, climb +7, know(eng) +4, Dis Device +10, know(dung) +4
1 Ranger (Dungeon Rover)

"Damn. Janira's right. Unless you've got a parting shot for horn head over there get in the cave. I'll cover you for now." Sekell will shoot arrows, waiting for the others to get into the cave. If the group decides to fight he'll continue to fight as well.
Favored enemy monstrous humanoid
attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

--------

"Whelp, a halfling's greatest defense is staying out of sight!" While Finvarra is moving vegetation aside to squeeze through, he looks down and notices some tracks in the soil. "Looks like some recent activity has passed through the entrance!"

Scarab Sages

"Oh Janira, oh Finvarra, oh Sekell ... you are all ... so heroic ..." Zaarah says and she starts to follow Finvarra.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

Lady Naysha sees that is a minotaur. She smiles and begins to speak, but her words come out a strange mess.

Aklo:
"Hey! I've met a minotaur before! I saved a minotaur prince just last week! And-- Oh. Uh-oh. If I sound like this then that means trouble! I suppose you DO look like a violent minotaur!"

Lady Naysha cocks her head to the side and thinks for a moment. Then she whispers something and giggles.

Aklo:
"Get him in the eyes! It'll be funny!"

Suddenly a fairy appears out of nowhere and throws a handful of pine needles right in the minotaur's eyes!

I am using whimsical prank on the minotaur to make him blind for 1 round. Details in my profile.

Dirty Trick: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Then Lady Naysha grabs Toban by the hand and helps him into the cave with the others.

Aklo:
"Quick! Before he sees us!"

Then I run away into the caves!


Trying to give Janira some assistance, Naysha and Sekell are last to duck into the crack in the cliff face, squeezing in just as the minotaur's mighty axe slams against the rock, sending sparks flying.

Looking back, you see the huge beast blindly flailing about, but eventually chasing after Janira through the trees, while the experienced pathfinder pelts it with ranged spells and attacks. Soon the cacophony of the melee fade and the sounds of the forest slowly return to normal.

Janira's pack is grabbed by Harkus as he ducks inside the crack. The bag holds several potions: Barkskin, Vanish, Feather Step. It also holds a few arcane scrolls entangle, gust of wind, identify, mage armor, obscuring mist A couple of wands are also inside: burning hands, cure light wounds. And some mundane but useful items like: acid flask, alchemist's fire, holy water, smokestick, tanglefoot bag, thunderstone, antitoxin, and 2 sunrods.

Once past the small crack of the cave, you are surprised to see the walls radiating a dim blue-green light which appears to emanate from a luminscent fungus that grows in the cool, damp cave. The cave is very wet. Water drips from stalactites on the ceiling and you hear the rush of running water from somewhere far below. The floors are slippery with the dampness.

All Acrobatics checks in the caves are at a -2 penalty due to damp slipperiness.

The tunnel is between 3 and 10 feet wide and the ceilings are comfortably high, about 7 feet at lowest points. The narrow keyhole tunnel you entered by widens about, to only about 5' and that passage twists and turns in the dim light for about 100' or so into the mountainside.

As the passage widens to 10' you see a yawning gap appear in the floor which spans the the cave's width and stretches 10' down the path. Peering into the hole, you can just make out a small bundle of cloth. Ahead the corridor bends around blind corner, about 20' from the edge of the 10' long pit.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

After a slight hum, Fin says "Slight temptation to use Sekell's grappling hook to see if we can scoop up the bundle. Although I don't really want to find out how loud the metal clangs would be off the rock face."

Grand Lodge

| HP: 24/24, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 28 (T13, FF 16) (+2 dodge AC vs. aberrations, oozes, vermin)| CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+6* | Init +4 | Perc +10, SM +7, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +6 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1 | Judgement: 0/1, Prepared Agent: 1/1, Resistant Touch: 5/5, Teamwork: 2/2 | Active Conditions: Elixir of Hiding (1 hr, +10 stealth)

“There is always something inspiring to be found in a library! I can lose myself going through any books about cooking!” As we trek through the forest.

“Whoa! Shelyn watch over Janira!” Toban quickly follows Lady Naysha into the cave.

“Wow! Janira sure was prepared for just about anything! Look at all this stuff!”

Grand Lodge

Male LN Half-Orc Fighter 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 16  T 11 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: -2 Str

It goes against Harkus's instincts to flee, but he follows Janira's orders anyway and darts inside the cave, grabbing her pack as he goes.

”I hate leaving her to face that thing alone. I hope she will be alright,” he says looking back at the cave entrance. He turns back towards the group and hands Toban Janira's pack.

”Yes, she was quite prepared, and hopefully she still is,” he replies. He catches himself sounding too irritated and changes his tone. ”Right, back to the mission.”

As they continue through the cave he finds himself distracted. We should not have left her, he thinks to himself. No, she told us to go. She gave an order and I intend to follow it. We have a mission to do.

Harkus looks up and sees everyone has stopped at a gap in the cave floor. He sees the bundle at the bottom and wonders what it could be. It doesn't look like much, he thinks. He considers passing it up but hears Finvarra suggesting a plan to reach it.

“We could use a rope to lower someone down there," he suggests. "It should be pretty quiet, if you're worried about sound.”

Scarab Sages

„She was so petite, so weak, so naive ... together we would have had a chance, right? But I was quite afraid to say the truth. I hope she is not ... dead.“ Zaarah says in a too unemotional voice.

Grand Lodge

| HP: 24/24, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 28 (T13, FF 16) (+2 dodge AC vs. aberrations, oozes, vermin)| CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+6* | Init +4 | Perc +10, SM +7, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +6 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1 | Judgement: 0/1, Prepared Agent: 1/1, Resistant Touch: 5/5, Teamwork: 2/2 | Active Conditions: Elixir of Hiding (1 hr, +10 stealth)

“Of course Janira is fine! She is very resourceful!”

“Janira left us with this stuff because she wants us to put it to use. Might as well divvy it up now.”

“Here Fin, take this wand and scroll.” Toban hands the wand of cure light wounds and scroll of entangle to Fin.

“I will hold on to the potion of vanish and the acid flask.” Toban tucks these two items away in his deep pockets.

What else does everyone want?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf
Stats:
HP(12/12) AC/Touch/Flat 17/14/13 Fort/Ref/Will 4/6/2 CMB/CMD +2/15 Init +6
Skills:
Perception +8, Stealth +12, survival +6, climb +7, know(eng) +4, Dis Device +10, know(dung) +4
1 Ranger (Dungeon Rover)

As Sekell ducks into the cave, he instantly feels more at home as the walls push in and air becomes damp. "Good job Naysha. Blinding that minotaur should give Janira the head start she needs."

Seeing the cloth at the bottom, he immediately becomes curious. "Hmm. Yes. Lowering someone down would be good, or i could set my grappling hook and climb down while you all go through Janira's pack."
While the other's begin going through Janira's pack, Sekell takes out his silk rope and starts knotting it to make it easier for climbing. He'll set the grappling hook so it doesn't slip in the damp conditions and starts climbing down as silently as he can.
survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 set hook
climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Scarab Sages

Toban Tangletop wrote:

“Of course Janira is fine! She is very resourceful!”

“Janira left us with this stuff because she wants us to put it to use. Might as well divvy it up now.”

[/ooc]

„Hmmm ... I hope you are correct. Wouldn’t it be a pity if she was hurt ?! Someone else would need to make the trip here to pick us up. What a long trip. But she surely would be eaten already if she was dead. That thing would devour a little halfling in no time. I love halflings. I followed halflings all my life. Well, half my life. She is surely dead. Halflings die so easily. But they grow quite old.

Ohhh ... a butterfly ... and ... I would also take something!“

Zaarah steps to the items and picks up the antitoxins, the potion of barkskin, a sunrod, and alchemist fire.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

As Fin takes the items from Toban, he says to Zaarah, "You should recall us halflings are kind of like rabbits. She'll be able to find a hole to hide in and the angry minotaur will run right by."

Watching Sekell set his grappling hook, "Oh yeah, forgot you have way more cave experience than us!"

Sovereign Court

Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

Lady Naysha digs through the backpack and pulls out some things for herself: a scroll of obscuring mist, a potion of feather step, a holy water, a tanglefoot bag, and a thunder stone.

Lady Naysha laughs. "Janira's NOT dead or dying! I think she's okay!"

When Lady Naysha reaches the pit she looks at it. "Hmmm... That sure is big! We should all go down it after Sekell and climb back out the other side with his rope! Oh! Oh! Or Sekell can make us a tight rope! And we can walk across it!" She smiles. "That sounds like fun!"

@ Fin: you are the only one who can use the gust of wind scroll. You should take it.
@ Group: Unclaimed Loot: Scroll of identify, scroll of mage armour, wand of burning hands, smokestick, sunrod.

Grand Lodge

| HP: 24/24, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 28 (T13, FF 16) (+2 dodge AC vs. aberrations, oozes, vermin)| CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+6* | Init +4 | Perc +10, SM +7, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +6 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1 | Judgement: 0/1, Prepared Agent: 1/1, Resistant Touch: 5/5, Teamwork: 2/2 | Active Conditions: Elixir of Hiding (1 hr, +10 stealth)

Toban begins to inspect the cave they are in. Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Toban is very interested in the luminescent fungus and any other cave flora.
“Hmmmm.” Wonder if this is edible? Would be great if I could create a meal that glows! Ha!
Does Toban think the luminescent fungus is edible or is it poisonous? Could he harvest it as a dim light source? Is there any other cave flora that is edible?
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

Fin also takes the gust of wind scroll, smokestick and sunrod.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf
Stats:
HP(12/12) AC/Touch/Flat 17/14/13 Fort/Ref/Will 4/6/2 CMB/CMD +2/15 Init +6
Skills:
Perception +8, Stealth +12, survival +6, climb +7, know(eng) +4, Dis Device +10, know(dung) +4
1 Ranger (Dungeon Rover)

Sekell's stone scouting allows him to roll perception with a +2 if he gets withing 10 feet of an environmental hazard or trap while underground. Feel free to roll that for me if it comes up DM DoctorEvil and let me know if i see anything.

Scarab Sages

Zaarah also starts to climb the rope. “Ohhhh ... climbing down will be dangerous ... I think that is ok...” she says in a slightly crazy tone.

. Climb check including spending 1 panache point on derring-do deed: 1d20 + 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (13) + (4) - 1 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male LN Half-Orc Fighter 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 16  T 11 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: -2 Str

While Sekell and Zaraah climb down the rope, Harkus looks back down the tunnel and then across the gap, trying to notice anything suspicious or anything trying to sneak up on them.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Sovereign Court

Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

Lady Naysha looks down at Sekell. "Is it safe?" she asks.

When Sekell says its safe, Lady Naysha climbs down the rope and follows him into the hole.
Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

Fin decides to stay up top and see if he can notice anything in the surrounding areas.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Know(nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Would a cave that's been carved by water or lava be considered a "natural area"? Have the trait: Eyes of the Wild - +2 on Perception checks in natural settings. The above roll doesn't have it added.


Hard to see from the top, the bottom of the pit is covered with dozens of sharp stakes embedded in the floor. Sekell safely wedges his grappling hook in behind a crevice in the floor and lowers the rope down, scaling down with relative ease. The kitsune follows, and they are both super careful to not catch themselves on the spikes protruding from the floor. The bundle of cloth turns out to be a hooded grey cloak long enough for a man sized creature to wear easily.

Lady Naysha wants to climb down, but the pit is cramped already with the spikes taking up floor space, and she stays up top for now.

No threats approach while the pair are in the pit-bottom, and despite careful searching, Fin does not notice any other evidence here.

Yes, this cave system counts as a natural area for purposes of the buff. To move on, you'll have to cross the pit, how do you propose to do that?

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

Tapping his lip, Finvarra ponders an idea at the pit edge and says, "I can be the last down. That way I can unhook the grappling hook and drop it down. Then I hang off the edge for Harkus to catch me."

Grand Lodge

| HP: 24/24, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 28 (T13, FF 16) (+2 dodge AC vs. aberrations, oozes, vermin)| CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+6* | Init +4 | Perc +10, SM +7, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +6 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 4/4 | Dancing Lights 1/1, Ghost Sound 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Speak with Animals 1/1 | Judgement: 0/1, Prepared Agent: 1/1, Resistant Touch: 5/5, Teamwork: 2/2 | Active Conditions: Elixir of Hiding (1 hr, +10 stealth)

Toban collects some of the fungus for later inspection and secures it in an empty flask. Toban heads over to the others.
“Oh do be careful, don't want to be a person kebab. Hey what’s that?” Toban casts detect magic on the cloak.


How are you going to get people up the other side? Only two medium or three small creatures can fit in the bottom at a time without worrying about damage from the spikes.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf
Stats:
HP(12/12) AC/Touch/Flat 17/14/13 Fort/Ref/Will 4/6/2 CMB/CMD +2/15 Init +6
Skills:
Perception +8, Stealth +12, survival +6, climb +7, know(eng) +4, Dis Device +10, know(dung) +4
1 Ranger (Dungeon Rover)

well 10' jump in wet conditions means DC 12 acrobatics check if anyone wants to just jump across.
Sekell searches around the cloth in the pit for anything useful. through the pit.
perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Once done with that he looks up at the gap. "Gap isn't too bad, probably easier to just have everyonw jump across than get them to climb through this pit." He then climbs up to the top climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19, then waits for Zaraah to climb up too. After that he takes the end of the rope, and with a running start, jumps across the gap.
jump: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Due to the damp conditions, he just barely makes the jump. He'll then find a good place to tie the rope off on the other side, wedging his crowbar in crack as a tie of point if necessary.
survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 tie off rope.
People can either crawl across the rope or jump across. Either way Sekell will be waiting on the other side to assist.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Druid(Feral Shifter) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC:14 (Touch:12, Flat:12) | CMB 4, CMD 15 | F+5, R+2, W+5 | Init+2 | Perc+7 | Speed: 30 | Active conditions: None
Tracked:
level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Shillelagh, Obscuring Mist | Bullets: 20 | Wand CLW: 50 | Potion of CLW: 2 | Acid Flask: 2

Fin chuckles to himself when the "long legs" say a 10' gap isn't a bad jump. Waits for Sekell to finish tying off other end of rope to crawl across.

What skill would I need to roll for a rope crawl, Athletics?

Sovereign Court

Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

Lady Naysha waits for her turn to try to cross the pit with the rope. She will try to crawl across it.

Rope Crawl: 1d20 ⇒ 19 If it is a climb check my total is what I rolled. If it is an acrobatics the total is one higher.

51 to 100 of 295 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] 05-08 The Confirmation - New Player Table - by DM DoctorEvil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.