[PBP GameDay #4] GM..Silbeg's 6-98 Serpents Rise (Inactive)

Game Master Silbeg

Session ID #119
The Agents


751 to 781 of 781 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Female CN Elf Oracle (Dark Tapestry) 7 | HP :Dead AC: 19 (13 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: 6, R: +8, W: +9; +2 vs Enchantment | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | |Gift of Madnesss: 6/7 | Intestellar Void 0/1 | Wings of Darkness 5/7 | Spells: 1st 1/7| Spells: 2nd 1/7| Spells: 3rd 1/5| Active conditions: Haste 6 rds, prone

Agent 322 begins to dispel the images.

Using the following:You can also use a targeted dispel to specifically end one spell affecting the target.You must name the specific spell effect to be targeted in this way. If your caster level check is equal to or higher than the DC of that spell, it ends.

Dispel Magic (Mirror Image) only: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

GM star reroll +3

[Dispel Magic (Mirror Image) only: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Grand Lodge

Female CN human (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 Human | HP: 45/45| AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14, Lowlight vision Rogue (unchained) 7 | Speed 20ft | Sneak attack (unchained) +4d6 | Active conditions: Trap Spotter (+14 Perception) | Trapfinding +3 Dust of Darkness

she puts in position ready to charge on the next turn.

UMD: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
If applies Ok if not FAIL: You get a +2 bonus on your Use Magic Device check if you've activated the item in question at least once before

UMD.
Cast true strike from the wand and gets her sap ready, she drops her thunderstone.

"Get ready for some punishment! NO one makes me fail a mission!!"


Male Half-human Brawler 6/Wizard (sort of a specialized school)* 1 | HP 65 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMD 25** | F +8, R +10, W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +11| Spd 30ft | Conditions bad hair day, halitosis | * School of making problems disappear; ** varies
Agent 322 wrote:

Agent 322 begins to dispel the images.

Using the following:You can also use a targeted dispel to specifically end one spell affecting the target.You must name the specific spell effect to be targeted in this way. If your caster level check is equal to or higher than the DC of that spell, it ends.

Dispel Magic (Mirror Image) only

Alas, he used limited wish to mimic that spell and not mirror image itself. So many slots, so little time. The troubles of high level wizards and billionaires next on Oprah. ;)


Female CN Elf Oracle (Dark Tapestry) 7 | HP :Dead AC: 19 (13 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: 6, R: +8, W: +9; +2 vs Enchantment | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | |Gift of Madnesss: 6/7 | Intestellar Void 0/1 | Wings of Darkness 5/7 | Spells: 1st 1/7| Spells: 2nd 1/7| Spells: 3rd 1/5| Active conditions: Haste 6 rds, prone

Using couch and hopefully stairs, for cover.


"Taj" | Female Peri-Blooded Aasimar Swashbuckler | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMD | F +2 R +5 W +0 | Init + 3 | Per +4, SM +2 | Speed 30 Ft | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Magic Weapon

Rataji loads his crossbow and fires at the bad man who shoots sparky stuff. At one point Rataji could shoot sparky stuff from his hands too, but he can't do that right now. And that makes Rataji mad.

Crossbow at Bad Man: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 11
Melee, haste

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!"

Why can't he hit the bad man?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female CN Elf Oracle (Dark Tapestry) 7 | HP :Dead AC: 19 (13 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: 6, R: +8, W: +9; +2 vs Enchantment | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | |Gift of Madnesss: 6/7 | Intestellar Void 0/1 | Wings of Darkness 5/7 | Spells: 1st 1/7| Spells: 2nd 1/7| Spells: 3rd 1/5| Active conditions: Haste 6 rds, prone

Agent 322 sees Rataji suddenly appear and is horrified at the transformation that has occured. He was fine before, and now..where was the Rataji she had known? Damn it, it must've been Aram Zey.

Do I even know what it is? Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

She has no idea what has caused it, less say how to fix it.

Aklo:
"Rataji, what has he done to you? He'll pay for it, I swear!"
she snarls.


Female CN Elf Oracle (Dark Tapestry) 7 | HP :Dead AC: 19 (13 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: 6, R: +8, W: +9; +2 vs Enchantment | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | |Gift of Madnesss: 6/7 | Intestellar Void 0/1 | Wings of Darkness 5/7 | Spells: 1st 1/7| Spells: 2nd 1/7| Spells: 3rd 1/5| Active conditions: Haste 6 rds, prone

Also a good time to go prone. Will drop prone, using couches for cover.


HP: -7/66 | AC: 18 (11 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 21 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +1 | Acro +1 (+5 to jump), Fly +11, Knature +11, Perc +13, SMot +3, Scaft +11, Stth +11, Surv +11, Swim +21 | Speed 40ft/fly 150ft| Active conditions: 1/2 speed from tanglefoot

Who needs to take an action?

Grand Lodge

Female CN human (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 Human | HP: 45/45| AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14, Lowlight vision Rogue (unchained) 7 | Speed 20ft | Sneak attack (unchained) +4d6 | Active conditions: Trap Spotter (+14 Perception) | Trapfinding +3 Dust of Darkness

GM?

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Gallows of Madness |Midnight Marauder
Shihoraj "The Professional" wrote:

she puts in position ready to charge on the next turn.

[dice=UMD] 1d20 + 11
If applies Ok if not FAIL: You get a +2 bonus on your Use Magic Device check if you've activated the item in question at least once before

UMD.
Cast true strike from the wand and gets her sap ready, she drops her thunderstone.

"Get ready for some punishment! NO one makes me fail a mission!!"

That is only for activating blindly. That is not a bonus on use a wand.


322 casts her dispel, taking down Aram Zey's mirror images. Aram Zey then flies away, provoking attacks from both Gazwyr and Joliryn. Gazwyr misses, but Joli's blade strikes true. It appears that the blade itself is deflected off of his very tough skin, but also there is a bright flash, when she strikes him, but she is not affected.

Gazwyr bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Joli attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7fire: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Joli will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

He then casts a spell. A sinuous line of fire is created, starting at the prone 322, then up to Joliryn, then on to Gazwyr, but not quite making it to Zurnzal.
Ref 322 w/ cover: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 4 = 18 Fail
Ref Jolyrin: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 Fail
Ref Gazwyr: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Fail
fire damage: 11d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 5, 1, 4, 2, 2, 2, 5, 4) = 36

Gazwyr falls to the ground, unconscious. falling: 1d6 ⇒ 1, and 322 stops moving.

Zey then casts another spell through the rod. dispel vs. glitterdust DC18: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 The glitter goes away, and he is invisible. Seemingly not caring that he can be located by his voice, he yells out, "So, what else do you all have? I told you little serpentlings to run, but did you heed my warning? You are worse than the Pathfinders that I keep sending out on missions! At least they sometimes listen, and properly prepare. Or run when needed. But you all? Running... or surrender, is always an option!"

Party is up.
Universal Conditions: Good lighting

The Library rd 3:


  • x Aram Zey [glittery]
  • => Shihoraj [fails to activate]
  • => Rataji [Feeblemided]
  • D Joliryn [Haste]
  • D 322 [Haste]
  • U Gazwyr [1/2 speed from glue]
  • => Zurnzal [running]

Conditions/status:
322: -23/59 [dead]
Joliryn: -20/59: Undetectable Alignment, Keen [dead]Edge, Shield, Fly
Gazwyr: -6/66: 1/2 speed from glue, dying, prone
Zurnzal: 24/65: Heroism
Shihoraj: 45/45
Rataji: 34/51: See Invisible, Shield, Invisible, feeblemind
Aram Zey:


Female Elven Playtest Wizard | HP 13 | AC: 14 ( Tch 14) | F: +2 R: +4 W: +2; | Perc: +1; low-light vision | Speed 30 ft | Spell Points 4 | Active conditions: None

I'm not sure what fire spell that last one was, but 36-10 =26 damage so I believe that Joliryn is unconscious and slowly floating down as well. I'll wait for a clarification before updating.


"Taj" | Female Peri-Blooded Aasimar Swashbuckler | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMD | F +2 R +5 W +0 | Init + 3 | Per +4, SM +2 | Speed 30 Ft | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Magic Weapon

Rataji runs to 322, kneels by her body and weeps. His love is gone, and he doesn't care what happens to himself anymore.

Grand Lodge

Female CN human (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 Human | HP: 45/45| AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14, Lowlight vision Rogue (unchained) 7 | Speed 20ft | Sneak attack (unchained) +4d6 | Active conditions: Trap Spotter (+14 Perception) | Trapfinding +3 Dust of Darkness

how is the room being iluminated? Torches?

-Posted with Wayfinder


I think that Gassy's claws are also considered primary attacks, just not 1 1/2 strength attacks.


Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Gallows of Madness |Midnight Marauder

Fair enough, I missed that... so ten less damage. Just to help (not that I likely would have still missed this one) please add the amount of the reset in your tagline (Resist Fire 10). Thanks!

Also, I have had to move Zey's starting position, since I misread where the starting point is.

Joliryn is slowly floating down to the ground, her breathing labored, but it appears she might also be still alive.

Shihoraj wrote:
how is the room being iluminated? Torches?

Description of room

GM.Silbeg wrote:
Heatless torches blaze with remarkably even light in sconces throughout the room, and a tall pendulum clock on the eastern wall ticks each passing second.
miteke wrote:
I think that Gassy's claws are also considered primary attacks, just not 1 1/2 strength attacks.

Correct, but you still can only attack once with an AoO.

Joli stabilize DC20: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Gazwyr stabilize DC15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


"It looks like one of you has sense after all!" says the invisible Zey after Rataji runs over to 322. "Even if it took my stripping his intellect to make it happen. Perhaps the rest of you will show such intelligence."

Grand Lodge

Female CN human (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 Human | HP: 45/45| AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14, Lowlight vision Rogue (unchained) 7 | Speed 20ft | Sneak attack (unchained) +4d6 | Active conditions: Trap Spotter (+14 Perception) | Trapfinding +3 Dust of Darkness

UMD wand of true strike: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

She moves next to were he is, and try a grapple, I think he didn´t move or I am hearing him so I should known where he is.


Female Elven Playtest Wizard | HP 13 | AC: 14 ( Tch 14) | F: +2 R: +4 W: +2; | Perc: +1; low-light vision | Speed 30 ft | Spell Points 4 | Active conditions: None
GM.Silbeg wrote:
Fair enough, I missed that... so ten less damage. Just to help (not that I likely would have still missed this one) please add the amount of the reset in your tagline (Resist Fire 10). Thanks!

I had it there, but hadn't noticed it got truncated because of the length of the line. Fixed it by making the whole thing italics rather than only spell names. Updated hit points, including the 1 bleed for not stabilizing.


Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Gallows of Madness |Midnight Marauder
Shihoraj "The Professional" wrote:

[dice=UMD wand of true strike]1d20 + 11

She moves next to were he is, and try a grapple, I think he didn´t move or I am hearing him so I should known where he is.

You can pretty much tell where he is, because he is talking. He does have total concealment, so you would need to overcome that. And you are pretty sure that wouldn't be seen as a surrender.

Grand Lodge

Female CN human (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 Human | HP: 45/45| AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14, Lowlight vision Rogue (unchained) 7 | Speed 20ft | Sneak attack (unchained) +4d6 | Active conditions: Trap Spotter (+14 Perception) | Trapfinding +3 Dust of Darkness

True strike ignores that
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/trueStrike.html

But if the others want to surrender I will do so.


Male Half-human Brawler 6/Wizard (sort of a specialized school)* 1 | HP 65 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMD 25** | F +8, R +10, W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +11| Spd 30ft | Conditions bad hair day, halitosis | * School of making problems disappear; ** varies

Couldn't get rid of the flying part could you? Yeah this is so much better than your plan Z. 'Get 'em?' That was plan and to think I liked it for it's scientific nuance. I wonder what Rataji would say. Oh yeah, 'Blub-blub-blub-blub-blub.' *growl*


Shihoraj "The Professional" wrote:


True strike ignores that
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/trueStrike.html

But if the others want to surrender I will do so.

Correct! However, you still wouldn't be able to sneak attack, since he still has total concealment. At least that's how I read it.

If you are surrendering, please state that in character somehow... typically that would include dropping your weapons, declaring you surrender, etc.


Male Half-human Brawler 6/Wizard (sort of a specialized school)* 1 | HP 65 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMD 25** | F +8, R +10, W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +11| Spd 30ft | Conditions bad hair day, halitosis | * School of making problems disappear; ** varies

acrobatics (jump down,heroism): 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 = 28

Then run like hell. ;)

If he follows it'll have to be at corridor level. If he doesn't I use the time and confusion to my advantage. If I'm lucky Rataji the retarded and the Shihoraj will keep him busy for a moment or two.


Male Half-human Brawler 6/Wizard (sort of a specialized school)* 1 | HP 65 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMD 25** | F +8, R +10, W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +11| Spd 30ft | Conditions bad hair day, halitosis | * School of making problems disappear; ** varies

In his mind it would be easier alone anyway less people to trip over. He'd find a nice quiet corner.

stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Heal up.

potion of cure moderate wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 7) + 3 = 12

Maybe try and find Marnarius

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Maybe not. It's better alone anyways but he could have used the distraction.

He'd be back with a new face. The rifleman? Nah, the guy with the bow. He had a helmet

Dice roll if the GM doesn't roll it:
disguise (kit, human male): 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 15
time to make the disguise: 1d3 ⇒ 2 x10 = 20 minutes

Rush job. Hopefully the helmet helps. Just have to get with in 30 feet. That's the kill zone.... One way or another.

He keeps it simple. The dice hate him today.

"Sir? Are you in there?"

He just has to tell him the truth and get within the kill zone. He has the wire and when he is sure....

perception (Zey's the real deal): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

But the dice hate him and this is the best time. He knows how to use a wire and up close he can be quite charming.

Swift action: martial versatility: exotic weapon proficiency (garrote)

He's fast. Z wears sandals of quick reaction giving him a move and a standard action during the surprise round.

[dice=grapple]1d20+11[/dice]

And then, you just hold on.

grapple checks and damage:
Z uses the garrote for its anti-caster effects and the just proceeds to inflict damage until his target is dead (and then a bit more to make sure).grapple: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 unarmed damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
grapple: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 unarmed damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
grapple: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 unarmed damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
grapple: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 unarmed damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
grapple: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 unarmed damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
grapple: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 unarmed damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
grapple: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 unarmed damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
grapple: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 unarmed damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
grapple: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 unarmed damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
grapple: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 unarmed damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
grapple: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 unarmed damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
grapple: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 unarmed damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

It won't be fast or pretty however it goes. Hopefully the dice hate everyone today.

Then all he has to do is find a way to finish his mission. Maybe Rataji's back to his senses. Maybe there's someone else alive he could use. Maybe that half-orc sorceress he let live whose tongue is still attached could be persuaded to help once he's awoken her.

Z never throws away a possible resource. ;)


Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Gallows of Madness |Midnight Marauder

Zurnzal, it takes 1d3 * 10 minutes to set up a disguise. The searches and the like will take time, and you realize once you are in the halls, that there are aspis allies everywhere, as well as pathfinders. Might make more sense to just leave pin the failure on someone.


Male Half-human Brawler 6/Wizard (sort of a specialized school)* 1 | HP 65 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMD 25** | F +8, R +10, W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +11| Spd 30ft | Conditions bad hair day, halitosis | * School of making problems disappear; ** varies
GM.Silbeg wrote:
Might make more sense to just leave....

When has that ever stopped Aspis during the course of this adventure? ;) Besides in a half-hour many of his possible buffs would be gone, but the confusion would still be ongoing. There would never be a better time to get close to him and if I'm lucky my remaining allies might be with him.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Though Zurnzal sneaks off with the distractions of the death of 322, and the others dying, Aram Zey accepts the surrender of Rataji and Shihoraj.
"You may attempt to stabilize your friends, but don't try anything tricky, or I shall be forced to retaliate with extreme prejudice."

Joliryn Stabilize DC20: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Gazwyr Stabilize DC16: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Joliryn Stabilize DC21: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Gazwyr Stabilize DC17: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Joliryn Stabilize DC21: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Rataji can do nothing but weep over his fallen girlfriend. Their romance was cut off far too soon. Shihoraj, ever the professional, drops all of her weapons, and moves to make sure her companions are stable. The mission is lost, but there is no reason to throw her life away.

Aram Zey takes the time to call in reinforcements in the form of additional Pathfinders. Evidently not all hate the Master of Spells, and soon he has several powerful combatants guarding him and his captives.

Zurnzal notes this as he attempts to come in under disguise. Will his hasty disguise hold up against 5 Pathfinders, Aram Zey, and the now idiotic Rataji?

Several hours later, when the dust has settled, the Pathfinder Society and the Aspis Consortium agree to a prisoner exchange. The Aspis team which wreaked so much havoc is among those exchanged... evidently some higher ranking Pathfinders had been captured... or perhaps their friends?

I will calculate the costs to recover 322 after her raise. Also, note, that Rataji will need a powerful magic to heal the Feebleminded condition. The most expedient method is to pay for a heal spell, which costs 660gp.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Success Conditions.
Primary: Open the tapestry and deliver the Sky Key to the Aspis operatives failed

Secondary by character to follow after Joliryn answers this question:

What were the secondary missions of the other Aspis agents?
(answer as many as you can!)


Female Elven Playtest Wizard | HP 13 | AC: 14 ( Tch 14) | F: +2 R: +4 W: +2; | Perc: +1; low-light vision | Speed 30 ft | Spell Points 4 | Active conditions: None
GM Silbeg wrote:

Success Conditions.

What were the secondary missions of the other Aspis agents?
(answer as many as you can!)

Drat! My actual mission is different than what my briefing led me to believe. Good thing you asked me before I went back through and re-read the gameplay plus spoilers.

Also, those stabilization rolls were much too close! Had that last one failed, she would have died.

Hope you don't mind if I give it mostly in character.

Rataji didn't appear to have a mission beyond leading the group.

322 spoke multiple times of a lantern and fighting Aram Zay. I believe she meant to use the lantern after killing the wizard. She was also interested in what sort of allies Marnarius had within the tapestry. Joli was not there for planting the item on the statue so she wouldn't know about that.

Marnarius was the one who suggested creating a disturbance in the zoological gardens by releasing some of the more supernatural creatures there. Given the wide variety of creatures that came out of the tapestry, it is possible there was more to it than that. He did seem to be searching for something in the vault at one point, but I don't know if he found it. Overall he also appeared to be trying to interfere with the mission. Perhaps he intended to wrest it from Rataji, that or he was a Pathfinder plant.
I'm guessing his mission was releasing the creatures from the zoo and getting an item from the vault. The Pathfinder plant part is mostly because Joli found that character so disagreeable. From her point of view he was a brute and a thug, completely lacking in any finesse.

Shihoraj is the one who told us where to get the keys to the vault. As I understand it, she was able to do so without bloodshed or raising any alarm. She also helped guide us stealthily through the citadel and avoid the multiple traps.

Zed is a master of disguises, infiltration and a deadly pugilist. He did help me convince my contact to give us some information. He disappeared on us a few times, coming back in different disguises without any warning. He could have easily concealed another mission from me.

Gazwyr wanted Aram Zey's spellbooks and likely other parts of his arcane library to study. I don't know how he planned to get them out.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Success Conditions continued.
Joli was close enough on Marnarius... specifically he needed to recover the weapon. You had part of 322's missions, and part of Rataji's. As you will see, Shihoraj had the most complicated missions.
Joliryn needed to acquire the intelligence from Arminaldi Charthagnion at the wall, and spy on the other agent, reporting their missions.
Success!

322 had to plant the device on Durven Gest's statue's head, and also capture Aram Zey's soul in the lantern.
Failure

Marnarius had to unlock at least three menagerie cages, and recover his weapon. Note: Gazwyr continues the original characters missions.
Success!

Rataji had to give the briefing, and had to succeed at the primary mission
Failure

Zurnzal had to abduct a well known pathfinder and take his place. He also had to fool all Pathfinders in one encounter of Part II
Success!

Shihoraj had to do five of the following:
• Avoid combat with Pathfinder agents in Part 1. pass
• Prevent Pathfinder agents from noticing a PC planting 322’s device (even if she does not accompany 322, this goal counts as a success as long as no PC is caught). Fail
• Prevent Pathfinder agents from noticing Marnarius or any other PC sabotaging menagerie cages (even if she does not accompany Marnarius, this goal counts as a success as long as no PC is caught). pass
• Avoid combat with all of the Pathfinder patrols in area A. pass
• Avoid entering more than one combat with the Pathfinder patrols in area A. pass
• Disable the trap in The Vaults. pass
• Disable any of the traps in Aram Zey's office. iffy
• Take special precautions to hide the PCs’ involvement in Skyreach, such as using dust of tracelessness to cover tracks, eliminating all foes within the first round of combat, or similar tactics. fail
Success!

You had three encounters, whether you succeeded at them all or not, so you get your 1xp. You did fail at your primary missions, so many of you will receive 0pp, 1xp. I wish it could have been otherwise.

Also, since you did not defeat Aram Zey, you will not get his gold, so you'll be getting 2400gp this adventure.

I will be setting up the chronicles tomorrow -- it will take me a little longer since I have to individualize them some.

322 will be getting only 277.5gp, unless folks help her out with her raise dead and restorations, or she uses prestige for some of the raising costs.

751 to 781 of 781 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Gameday IV] GM Silbeg's 6-98 Serpent's Rise All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.