Outpost 1 Refugees of the Weary Sky (Inactive)

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps/Handouts


301 to 350 of 400 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

This long room has an arched ceiling. The floor, walls, and ceiling are covered with detailed mosaic tiles depicting fabulous buildings and colorful magic used by stylized humanoid figures. Three alcoves contain limbless iron statues covered in flecks of shattered tile.

This corridor gives a visual description of the entire Jistka Imperium’s history in a series of mosaics that cover the room’s walls, ceiling, and floors. Some of these mosaics depict an elemental spirit bound within a golem, who appears as a ghostly overlay atop a stern-faced stone golem. These mosaics prominently feature a group of four genies that constructed Deep Sky, with a particularly emphasis on a shaitan genie.

DC 20 Perception or Sense Motive:
You discover a subtext of how the elemental spirit and the shaitan gradually and hesitantly became friends but then experienced a falling out.

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

Perc 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

"The scholars will have a fabulous time with all this, indeed it is like the very hand of Shelyn came down and created a mountain of art. How fabulous!"

Svetlana wanders and examines the art.


perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric 12 l HP 76/76 l AC 14, T 11, FF 13 l CMB +9 l CMD 20 l Fort* +11, Ref* +8, Will* +15 (*=+1 vs. Death Effects) l Perc: +21 l Init +1 l Move 20' l

Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34

"This doesn't bode well. Not well at all." Hamarabi eyes each of you in turn. "The shaitan and elemental spirit had a falling out after a tenuous friendship."

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Spell Sage) 11. 76/76 HP AC 19 T19 FF18 F+9/R+8/W+11 init +7, Perception +11

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
"Well now, that does not look good for me since I prepared the day for heavy battles with foes that are more flesh than stone or ghosts. Oh well, maybe some of it will prove useful. Rognak grumbled to himself as he started to take notes for the Dark Archive.

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Barbarian 11 AC 8, touch 8, flat-footed 8 (-2 rage) hp 180 (11d12+98) Fort +20, Ref +8, Will +11; -2 vs. [light] effects, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +5 morale bonus vs. spells, supernatural abilities, and spell-like abilities

Blaine looks over the stonework and nods.perception is high enough to not need to roll Ah yes, uh clearly. Anyone can see this. Though most of you get the feeling that even if he had not noticed, he would have pretended to to save face.

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

When the wiser people are done taking notes, Svetlana tries the far door.


The rich scent of palm wine, pipe smoke, and cinnamon fills this chamber. An enormous clockwork device with a spherical base, dials, and metal gears takes up the southeast corner of the room.


Enora looks at everything with interest. Especially the clockwork device is of interest.

kn Engineering to check out the device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric 12 l HP 76/76 l AC 14, T 11, FF 13 l CMB +9 l CMD 20 l Fort* +11, Ref* +8, Will* +15 (*=+1 vs. Death Effects) l Perc: +21 l Init +1 l Move 20' l

"Hmmmm... While it smells nice in here it seems to be rather a waist of space for just a single clock." Hamarabi will maintain his distance from the clock and cast Detect Magic at it.


Hamarabi detects some magic from within the device. He also notices that as his gaze turns upon it, some of the inscriptions it bears flare into light!

With that, a creature emerges from the walls and begins looking at the assembled group, more specifically directly at Hamarabi. "It returns with a new bearer, have you come to betray?"

You can make Knowledge Arcana or Engineering for the device, and this creature will be Knowledge Planes.

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

Know Eng 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Know Pla 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Unfamiliar with any of these things, Svetlana simply asides "At least it isn't a construct"


kn arcana : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
kn planes : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Enora readies to cast haste if things turn bad.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric 12 l HP 76/76 l AC 14, T 11, FF 13 l CMB +9 l CMD 20 l Fort* +11, Ref* +8, Will* +15 (*=+1 vs. Death Effects) l Perc: +21 l Init +1 l Move 20' l

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

"Betray? Servants of the Midnight Lord do not betray their given oaths. For betrayal of ones word to Zon-Kuthon is but asking to die." Hamarabi stares at the creature. "Who are you to ask such a question of me?

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 11 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 80/80 | AC: 35 (26 T, 21 F) | CMD: 34 | F: 13, R: 16, W: 11 | Init: 14 | Perc: -1 | Speed 60 |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 7/12 | Ablative Barrier 50/50 | Pearl I 2/2 | Reroll 0/1

Favian observes before speaking...

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23
Kn. Planes: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30


Enora believes it is some variety of monitoring device. She gets a halfling intuitive desire to touch it, but thinks perhaps that now is not the time with a giant creature next to her.

The creature, for its part, is a Shaitan. She knows some of its history, especially that it is a genie. It speaks once more. "I have met the bearer before, it lies, it tricks, it betrays. Do you betray? We shall see, we shall see."

Enora may ask... 2 questions about this Shaitan barbarian. You may make a heal or sense motive check to determine that this barbarian is not all there. You may also attempt diplomacy, persuade him that your knowledge of the device is sufficient to lend aid (as you think this is why you are here), or I am open to some other option if it seems plausible enough.


Enora would like to know immunities and HP.

[b]"This device here is very interesting. I definitely would be able to lend some aid as I am quite knowledgable!"

Enora dares and walks to the device and starts to explain to him how she believes the device works.

knowledge +15 for arcana or +10 for all others - please add bonus to roll GM based on relevant skill: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Spell Sage) 11. 76/76 HP AC 19 T19 FF18 F+9/R+8/W+11 init +7, Perception +11

K:Arcana: 1d20 + 23 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 23 + (3) = 46
K:Planes: 1d20 + 22 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 22 + (6) = 29
"I wrote a paper about Jistkan mechanisms for a symposium we held two months ago in Absalom. This looks just as I had ascertained from the old writings." Rognak said gleefully as he pulled out a scroll and started to describe what the dials indicated. "If you allow us, it should not be a problem helping you get this operating again."

Expend two uses of Amateur investigator.


The Shaitan seems agreeable. "I helped make it... yes, in time long before, so long ago. All I want now is to be gone from this place! This prison, this oubliette. If you can make it function... that would be... but can you?" He seems to argue with himself. Rognak seems certain and Enora does as well that she should touch the device. She thinks at this point the genie would not club her to death if she tried.

Immune to Electricity, 199 HP. Rognak also gets 2 if he wants them.


Enora touches the device!

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Spell Sage) 11. 76/76 HP AC 19 T19 FF18 F+9/R+8/W+11 init +7, Perception +11

Rognak also touched the device.


Upon being touched, the device flares to brilliant light and life, dials indicating on it a buildup of energy (your previous checks discover this easily). You feel as though you would need a great amount of knowledge regarding engineering or the ability to disable devices in order to safely discharge the contained energy. It looks very dangerous, should you otherwise attempt this without the proper knowledge or skill.

Hamarabi may make a Sense Motive to notice something.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Spell Sage) 11. 76/76 HP AC 19 T19 FF18 F+9/R+8/W+11 init +7, Perception +11

Rognak examined the device, now that it was active, in order to better understand it.

K:Engineering: 1d20 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 15 + (6) = 38
If you have Engineering, maybe an aid. And one less use of Amateur investigator. 3 uses left.


Through distinct study of it, and lessons gleamed from books in a previous room, Rognak understands basic workings of the device and thinks he can activate it.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Spell Sage) 11. 76/76 HP AC 19 T19 FF18 F+9/R+8/W+11 init +7, Perception +11

Casting some spells before moving to the machine, the wizard turned invisible.

"Alright, I do not know what is going to happen when I turn this thing on, so get ready for anything." Rognak said as he said a quick prayer to Nethys before flipping the switches.

Cast Shield and Greater Invisibility on myself. Still have See Invisible, Mage Armor and Overland Flight active


And suspense until morning.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric 12 l HP 76/76 l AC 14, T 11, FF 13 l CMB +9 l CMD 20 l Fort* +11, Ref* +8, Will* +15 (*=+1 vs. Death Effects) l Perc: +21 l Init +1 l Move 20' l

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"I have a bad feeling about this." Hamarabi takes a step back and discharges a single charge from his wand of Infernal Healing into himself.

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 11 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 80/80 | AC: 35 (26 T, 21 F) | CMD: 34 | F: 13, R: 16, W: 11 | Init: 14 | Perc: -1 | Speed 60 |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 7/12 | Ablative Barrier 50/50 | Pearl I 2/2 | Reroll 0/1

If combat begins Favian will dismiss his Heightened Awareness for +4 initiative (total modifier 18).

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Spell Sage) 11. 76/76 HP AC 19 T19 FF18 F+9/R+8/W+11 init +7, Perception +11
ScorchedOne wrote:

The Shaitan seems agreeable. "I helped make it... yes, in time long before, so long ago. All I want now is to be gone from this place! This prison, this oubliette. If you can make it function... that would be... but can you?" He seems to argue with himself. Rognak seems certain and Enora does as well that she should touch the device. She thinks at this point the genie would not club her to death if she tried.

Immune to Electricity, 199 HP. Rognak also gets 2 if he wants them.

Oh yes, worse save and special attacks but I hope we do not have to fight him.


The energy dials slowly lower, energy dissipating harmlessly throughout the structure. The shaitan, feeling his bonds shattered, leaves his gear behind as a thank you gift before departing. +1 breastplate, +1 earth breaker, cloak of resistance +2, golembane scarab, ring of protection +2, 2572 gp

You are now left standing in a room, and feel a sense of accomplishment.

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

"That was a strange set of affairs, let's check the other doors and see what else may have changed"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric 12 l HP 76/76 l AC 14, T 11, FF 13 l CMB +9 l CMD 20 l Fort* +11, Ref* +8, Will* +15 (*=+1 vs. Death Effects) l Perc: +21 l Init +1 l Move 20' l

"Color me puzzled. I expected an entirely different reaction to that series of events."

Hamarabi pokes at the gear left behind and finds nothing of interest. "Lets see what else awaits us within this complex."

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Spell Sage) 11. 76/76 HP AC 19 T19 FF18 F+9/R+8/W+11 init +7, Perception +11

"Yes, same here" Rognak whispered as he looked over the gear that got left behind. "That ring might be useful" he said


So where is everyone going, what are we doing?


"Let us continue ... the double doors I would say! Blaine or Favian ... can one of you strong men please do us the honor of walking first!" Enora says with a little smirk.

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

Yeah onwards through the double doors is all that's left I think?


A voice says you didn't necessarily check out that room you were just in with enough detail...

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

Svetlana looks about for what the group may have missed in the room... shelves? The device? The crunched stairwell?


perception for Enora to check the room: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Yeah, something about that stairwell, might want a perception.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Spell Sage) 11. 76/76 HP AC 19 T19 FF18 F+9/R+8/W+11 init +7, Perception +11

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
With the Shaitan gone, Rognak checked out the rest of the room in order to document the machinery for his next symposium.

Why can't I get these rolls for my saves.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric 12 l HP 76/76 l AC 14, T 11, FF 13 l CMB +9 l CMD 20 l Fort* +11, Ref* +8, Will* +15 (*=+1 vs. Death Effects) l Perc: +21 l Init +1 l Move 20' l

"Well now that he is gone lets see what else is here."

Hamarabi casts Detect Magic and looks around.
Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Barbarian 11 AC 8, touch 8, flat-footed 8 (-2 rage) hp 180 (11d12+98) Fort +20, Ref +8, Will +11; -2 vs. [light] effects, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +5 morale bonus vs. spells, supernatural abilities, and spell-like abilities

perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36 With all these “bookies” looking around, Blaine decides to as well.

Sovereign Court

Neutral Human Magus 11 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 80/80 | AC: 35 (26 T, 21 F) | CMD: 34 | F: 13, R: 16, W: 11 | Init: 14 | Perc: -1 | Speed 60 |
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool 7/12 | Ablative Barrier 50/50 | Pearl I 2/2 | Reroll 0/1

Favian lets the more perceptive members of the party do the searching while he keeps an eye on the exits.

With a -2 Perception modifier, I'm not finding anything the others haven't already found.


"Well, I did not find anything here so will somebody please open the door?!?" Enora says.


In the corner by the stairs there is rubble, which appears at first glance to be nothing, but on further reflection finds a skeleton wearing a very nice chain shirt. The ground surrounding him does appear rather fragile, however.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Spell Sage) 11. 76/76 HP AC 19 T19 FF18 F+9/R+8/W+11 init +7, Perception +11

A rope and grappling hook appeared out of thin air, to the surprise of those that are not able to see invisible creatures. Handing the loose end to Braine, Rognak said "Hold this please and pull when I tell you." before he floated over to the body.

Once there, he hooked it on the armor and tested it to make sure it was secure. "Pull please."


As the armor is pulled free, the ground below it collapses. Had someone been manually retrieving it, they would likely have had to avoid a fall.

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Barbarian 11 AC 8, touch 8, flat-footed 8 (-2 rage) hp 180 (11d12+98) Fort +20, Ref +8, Will +11; -2 vs. [light] effects, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +5 morale bonus vs. spells, supernatural abilities, and spell-like abilities

Blaine examines the armor for workmanship, he has little formal knowledge on these things but he looks it over none the less. Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

"Well done, I'll never underestimate a floating wizard"

"One more door, shall we?"

Svetlana cracks the door open.

301 to 350 of 400 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Outpost 1 Refugees of the Weary Sky All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.