OutPost I: Redelia's Beyond the Halflight Path (Inactive)

Game Master Redelia


251 to 284 of 284 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Scouting SOP:
Dist: 30-60' ahead of party /Move spd:20'. Stealth Scar Take10=24. Pop Take10=30. Perception Scar Take10=26 (29 v Traps)+Trap spotter Pop Take10=24+Detect Magic & Evil
UBar1/URog7, HP78/78 - AC 23, T 17, FF 23/ F+8, R+13, W+6/ CMD 23, CMB +6/ Per +16(Dk Vis), Init +9, Move 40ft
Poppy:
F/Lyrakien, HP39/39 - AC21,T17,FF16/DR 5(evil)Immune elec, petrify;Res cold & fire 10/ F+5,R+9,W+6/CMD 15,CMB +8/DV 60 ft., det evil & magic, LL vis vision; Perc +13 , Init +8, Move 30/60ft

Assume she calls it out - was waiting on any info from the rolls to include in the chat :)


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

Poppy knows this is a black pudding. It's an acidic kind of ooze. i.e. it has ooze traits.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

Jaan's rays slice into the mass of black goo, scorching it.

Status: black pudding, -27 HP

Scarlett, Poppy, Otto, and Rhon may all act. The creature is still on the ceiling.

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 Hunter 1 | HP 65/65 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 3/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +11, R +7, W +13 | | Init +5 | Perc +13 SM +11 | Speed 30 | Active: Shillelagh, Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Is the ooze Large or Huge?

Otto casts Resist Energy Communal. With his large size I believe he can touch all the party members, giving everyone Acid Resistance 10 for about 6 minutes.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

It's huge.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

Scarlet and Poppy delay.

The ooze falls to the ground. It does not want to squish itself, so it waits.

The entire party is up.

The Exchange

Scouting SOP:
Dist: 30-60' ahead of party /Move spd:20'. Stealth Scar Take10=24. Pop Take10=30. Perception Scar Take10=26 (29 v Traps)+Trap spotter Pop Take10=24+Detect Magic & Evil
UBar1/URog7, HP78/78 - AC 23, T 17, FF 23/ F+8, R+13, W+6/ CMD 23, CMB +6/ Per +16(Dk Vis), Init +9, Move 40ft
Poppy:
F/Lyrakien, HP39/39 - AC21,T17,FF16/DR 5(evil)Immune elec, petrify;Res cold & fire 10/ F+5,R+9,W+6/CMD 15,CMB +8/DV 60 ft., det evil & magic, LL vis vision; Perc +13 , Init +8, Move 30/60ft

Scarlet and Poppy make the decision to vacate the frontline, and evade the combat "We'll double back and come in the other side - leave the front to our fighters!"

Withdraw


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

poke, poke, poke...

Silver Crusade

Celestial Sorcerer 7 | AC 12/12/10 | HP 51/51 | F+7,R+6,W+8 | SR 12 vs. Spell cast by evil outsiders or with evil descriptor | Resist acid 5 & resist cold 5 | Init.+2 | Perc+3 | SenseMotive+1 | Darkvision 60' |

Reesa also delays, not wanting to chase into the tunnel after the ooze. She waits for it to come into the open terrain to engage them.

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 Hunter 1 | HP 65/65 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 3/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +11, R +7, W +13 | | Init +5 | Perc +13 SM +11 | Speed 30 | Active: Shillelagh, Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Otto casts Shillelagh

Silver Crusade

LG male aasimar cleric of Erastil 7 [Medium outsider (native)] | HP 52/52 | AC 21 / 13 T / 19 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +8, Reflex +6, Will +9; Resist acid 10/cold & electricity 5 | Init +2 (+4 during surprise rounds) | Perception +8, Darkvision; Sense Motive +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Enlarge 6/6 per day | Bramble Armor 6/6 rounds per day | Channel Positive Energy 4d6, 4/6 day, DC16 | Daylight 1/1 per day |Conditions: Bless

"Thanks, Brother Otto, for the buff. It'll come in handy, I'm sure."

"Long" Beau casts shield other on Scratch, then he tells her, "Scratch, don't attack until the ooze gets within your reach."

Then the cleric takes a firm grip on his own longspear, waiting for the creature to advance. He calls upon Erastil, and a host of wooden thorns spring forth from his body. (Free Action Bramble Armor: Any foe striking "Long" Beau with an unarmed strike or a melee weapon without reach takes 1d6+6 points of piercing damage.)

Shield Other: Scratch gains a +1 deflection bonus to AC and a +1 resistance bonus on saves. Scratch takes only half damage from all wounds and attacks (including those dealt by special abilities) that deal hit point damage. The amount of damage not taken by the warded creature is taken by "Long" Beau. Duration 6 hours.


NG female celestial mountain lion (leopard), Medium animal | hp 45/45 | Init +5 | Senses: Perception +6; dark vision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent | Speed 50 ft. | AC 30 / T 18 / FF 25 | CMD 27 (31 vs. trip) | Fort +8 / Ref +11 / Will +6 (+4 morale bonus vs. Enchantment spells and effects, +1 vs Fear); evasion; DR 5/evil; Resist: acid/cold/electricity 10; SR 13 | Smite Evil (1/day) (Su) - 0/1; Sprint (1/hour) (Ex) - 1/1 | Conditions: Barkskin, Bless, Mage Armor, Shield of Faith, Shield Other,

Scratch moves into the northern end of the chamber and roars a challenge, daring the creature to get within the reach of her bite and claws.
Readied Bite; Damage: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 191d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

The Concordance

Neutral Good Halfling Kineticist 10 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 123/123 (50 nonlethal) | AC: 34 (18 T, 29 F) | Fortification: 25% | CMD: 22 | F: 18, R: 16, W: 8 | Init: 5 | Perc: 22 | Speed 30, swim 20 |
Tracked Resources:
Burn 5/10 | Internal Buffer 0/1 | Reroll 0/1

Flora does what she does, moving up behind Beau she fires a blast of acorns at the ooze.

Wood Blast: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20 Damage: 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 3, 1) + 13 = 20 magic and bludgeoning


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

Flora's blast of acorns pelts the ooze, who is starting to look badly hurt.

Jaan?

Dark Archive

Suli Bloodrager 7 HP 72/88* | AC 21* T 10* FF 12 CMD 24* (+1 vs Overrun) | F +9 R +6 (+1 vs Trample) W +4 (+2 vs allied spells) Low-Light Vision - Perception +10 | Init +2 Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | +2 DC to cast defensively while threatening

Jaan fires off his last spell, a quartet of magic missiles.

mm: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 4) + 4 = 13


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

The ooze is not happy at being attacked, and squeezes forward to try to get to you. Scratch obediently lashes out at the creature, and it splits into two smaller creatures!

One creature now red outline moves on and slams into Scratch in anger.
attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

The other creature moves to try to get to Jaan and slam into him.
attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Party is up.

The Exchange

Scouting SOP:
Dist: 30-60' ahead of party /Move spd:20'. Stealth Scar Take10=24. Pop Take10=30. Perception Scar Take10=26 (29 v Traps)+Trap spotter Pop Take10=24+Detect Magic & Evil
UBar1/URog7, HP78/78 - AC 23, T 17, FF 23/ F+8, R+13, W+6/ CMD 23, CMB +6/ Per +16(Dk Vis), Init +9, Move 40ft
Poppy:
F/Lyrakien, HP39/39 - AC21,T17,FF16/DR 5(evil)Immune elec, petrify;Res cold & fire 10/ F+5,R+9,W+6/CMD 15,CMB +8/DV 60 ft., det evil & magic, LL vis vision; Perc +13 , Init +8, Move 30/60ft

Poppy and scarlet zip around the corner to come up the rear.

Poppy releases a blast of Holy light on the creature.
Holy 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 - DC12 Reflex to avoid[/ooc]


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

reflex save: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13
applying attack to red circled enemy, since it split

The Concordance

Neutral Good Halfling Kineticist 10 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 123/123 (50 nonlethal) | AC: 34 (18 T, 29 F) | Fortification: 25% | CMD: 22 | F: 18, R: 16, W: 8 | Init: 5 | Perc: 22 | Speed 30, swim 20 |
Tracked Resources:
Burn 5/10 | Internal Buffer 0/1 | Reroll 0/1

Flora gathers power and fires a more powerful blast at the

Gather power, empowered kinetic blast

Wood Blast: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 Damage: 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 2, 2) + 13 = 20 * 1.5 = 30 magic and bludgeoning.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

Flora's blast obliterates one of the two black puddinglets.


NG female celestial mountain lion (leopard), Medium animal | hp 45/45 | Init +5 | Senses: Perception +6; dark vision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent | Speed 50 ft. | AC 30 / T 18 / FF 25 | CMD 27 (31 vs. trip) | Fort +8 / Ref +11 / Will +6 (+4 morale bonus vs. Enchantment spells and effects, +1 vs Fear); evasion; DR 5/evil; Resist: acid/cold/electricity 10; SR 13 | Smite Evil (1/day) (Su) - 0/1; Sprint (1/hour) (Ex) - 1/1 | Conditions: Barkskin, Bless, Mage Armor, Shield of Faith, Shield Other,

With an eager snarl, Scratch tears into the black pudding.
Bite, Bless; Damage: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 241d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Claw 1, Bless; Damage: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 301d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Claw 2, Bless; Damage: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 231d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Silver Crusade

LG male aasimar cleric of Erastil 7 [Medium outsider (native)] | HP 52/52 | AC 21 / 13 T / 19 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +8, Reflex +6, Will +9; Resist acid 10/cold & electricity 5 | Init +2 (+4 during surprise rounds) | Perception +8, Darkvision; Sense Motive +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Enlarge 6/6 per day | Bramble Armor 6/6 rounds per day | Channel Positive Energy 4d6, 4/6 day, DC16 | Daylight 1/1 per day |Conditions: Bless

"Long" Beau reaches out with his longspear, but he misses the black pudding.
Longspear, Bless; Damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 91d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

Scratch's bite splits the remaining black puddinglet into two even smaller puddles of goo. His claws then shred first one and then the other of the little puddles.

Combat over, out of initiative.

anyone who investigates the glitter Scarlet saw on the shelf when she entered the room:
You find a ring of protection +2

You guys have found and done everything there is to do here; I'm going to pause for you to react or do anything else you want before I return you to town.

Silver Crusade

LG male aasimar cleric of Erastil 7 [Medium outsider (native)] | HP 52/52 | AC 21 / 13 T / 19 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +8, Reflex +6, Will +9; Resist acid 10/cold & electricity 5 | Init +2 (+4 during surprise rounds) | Perception +8, Darkvision; Sense Motive +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Enlarge 6/6 per day | Bramble Armor 6/6 rounds per day | Channel Positive Energy 4d6, 4/6 day, DC16 | Daylight 1/1 per day |Conditions: Bless

"If we have the time, let's search this entire place thoroughly before we head back with the captives we rescued."

(Take 20 Perception = 28.)

With the threats eliminated, "Long" Beau collects Kyla and her companions, as well as the body of the slain Oliver, and escorts them back to the Kaer Maga. "If you'll come with us, we'll take you to the Freemen. Probably the safest and warmest welcome you'll get in this city."

The Exchange

Scouting SOP:
Dist: 30-60' ahead of party /Move spd:20'. Stealth Scar Take10=24. Pop Take10=30. Perception Scar Take10=26 (29 v Traps)+Trap spotter Pop Take10=24+Detect Magic & Evil
UBar1/URog7, HP78/78 - AC 23, T 17, FF 23/ F+8, R+13, W+6/ CMD 23, CMB +6/ Per +16(Dk Vis), Init +9, Move 40ft
Poppy:
F/Lyrakien, HP39/39 - AC21,T17,FF16/DR 5(evil)Immune elec, petrify;Res cold & fire 10/ F+5,R+9,W+6/CMD 15,CMB +8/DV 60 ft., det evil & magic, LL vis vision; Perc +13 , Init +8, Move 30/60ft

Once the ring is obtained

"I'm very keen to search through in detail, I'd hate to leave any traps or hazards for fellow travellers to end up finding"

"To the Freemen after, let us rejoice in a well-executed rescue"

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 Hunter 1 | HP 65/65 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 3/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +11, R +7, W +13 | | Init +5 | Perc +13 SM +11 | Speed 30 | Active: Shillelagh, Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Otto raises his shillelagh-infused greatclub to whack the ooze into a million more pieces, but then realizes that he has been a bit slow on the draw, and reluctantly lowers his club in confusion that there is nothing left to hit.

Nice job, y'all! Sorry there was nothing left for me to smash :-)

@GM Redelia, one of my Faction Journal missions is: "Identify a potion or other magic item whose caster level equals or exceeds your character level (which is 6)". Did any of the items we found meet this criteria and can I check this box?

Otto agrees with Scarlet. "Yes, there's still a chance that my mum's dog may be hiding in one of these corners around here somewhere..." He begins to shake a container of particularly foul-smelling dog treats, in hopes that they might entice the long-lost animal forth...


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

Yes, Otto, you did.

After looking around carefully, the folks you rescued follow you back to Kaer Magna. You take them back to Halman Wright. He greets you warmly, and then sees who you have with you. He very quickly excuses himself and sees to their comfort. Then he apologizes to you, and sits at a table with you, ready to hear what you found.

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 Hunter 1 | HP 65/65 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 3/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +11, R +7, W +13 | | Init +5 | Perc +13 SM +11 | Speed 30 | Active: Shillelagh, Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

"Well, the good news is that we found your missing travelers, though I'm afraid that one of them died along the way. The bad news is that there was no sign of my mother's missing dog, damn his eyes..."


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

"What happened to the traveler who did not make it?"

The Exchange

Scouting SOP:
Dist: 30-60' ahead of party /Move spd:20'. Stealth Scar Take10=24. Pop Take10=30. Perception Scar Take10=26 (29 v Traps)+Trap spotter Pop Take10=24+Detect Magic & Evil
UBar1/URog7, HP78/78 - AC 23, T 17, FF 23/ F+8, R+13, W+6/ CMD 23, CMB +6/ Per +16(Dk Vis), Init +9, Move 40ft
Poppy:
F/Lyrakien, HP39/39 - AC21,T17,FF16/DR 5(evil)Immune elec, petrify;Res cold & fire 10/ F+5,R+9,W+6/CMD 15,CMB +8/DV 60 ft., det evil & magic, LL vis vision; Perc +13 , Init +8, Move 30/60ft

”A victim of the machinations of the scaled humanoids below, they had laid out traps and snares, and in this case the outcome was fatal. We ensured the remaining area was cleared of further traps and disarmed the ones found. The travellers body was recovered for fit and proper funerary send off. I trust our actions are to your satisfaction?”

Silver Crusade

LG male aasimar cleric of Erastil 7 [Medium outsider (native)] | HP 52/52 | AC 21 / 13 T / 19 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +8, Reflex +6, Will +9; Resist acid 10/cold & electricity 5 | Init +2 (+4 during surprise rounds) | Perception +8, Darkvision; Sense Motive +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Enlarge 6/6 per day | Bramble Armor 6/6 rounds per day | Channel Positive Energy 4d6, 4/6 day, DC16 | Daylight 1/1 per day |Conditions: Bless

"If we and the Pathfinder Society can do any more to assist you and the Freemen of Kaer Maga, all you have to do is ask. We'd like you to consider us allies."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

"Some people underestimate kobolds, but they can be quite dangerous in
familiar territory, and the ones you faced sound tougher than most. If you hadn’t acted quickly, I’m sure that more than one of the travelers would have lost their lives, not to mention future travellers."

"You have done admirably here today. I would be happy to welcome you among our number, but I know you are busy with your work as Pathfinders. Still, all of you are certainly welcome to visit the Bottoms whenever you like. I will let your venture captain know that she has convinced me fully of the skill of your organization."

The Exchange

Scouting SOP:
Dist: 30-60' ahead of party /Move spd:20'. Stealth Scar Take10=24. Pop Take10=30. Perception Scar Take10=26 (29 v Traps)+Trap spotter Pop Take10=24+Detect Magic & Evil
UBar1/URog7, HP78/78 - AC 23, T 17, FF 23/ F+8, R+13, W+6/ CMD 23, CMB +6/ Per +16(Dk Vis), Init +9, Move 40ft
Poppy:
F/Lyrakien, HP39/39 - AC21,T17,FF16/DR 5(evil)Immune elec, petrify;Res cold & fire 10/ F+5,R+9,W+6/CMD 15,CMB +8/DV 60 ft., det evil & magic, LL vis vision; Perc +13 , Init +8, Move 30/60ft

"Well I'm in no rush to head home, perhaps our travelling circus troupe can play a few nights before we leave" with that Rusty the Wonderdog barks with enthusiasm.

/cue 80's sitcom ending

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 Hunter 1 | HP 65/65 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 3/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +11, R +7, W +13 | | Init +5 | Perc +13 SM +11 | Speed 30 | Active: Shillelagh, Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Otto bows respectfully to Master Halman. "We hope that the Pathfinder Society may assist you again in future matters." Then he and Rhon try to find good seats for the next showing of Scarlet's circus troupe.

251 to 284 of 284 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / OutPost I: Redelia's Beyond the Halflight Path All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.