Old School Greyhawk - Saltmarsh Campaign PFRPG (570CY - Southern Keoland)

Game Master ALLENDM

Greyhawk Links

Greyhawk Maps
Map of Greyhawk Flanaess (Old School)

Greyhawk Calendar PDF

Party Links

Party Magic and Treasure List
House Rules 09022019
Greyhawk Old School Campaigns 2018 Folder
Map of the Town of Saltmarsh
Party XP

Current Event Links
First Floor Map
Second Floor Map
Party Skill, Save, and Ability Check Macros Sheet
Combat Manager

Time line, Location, Conditions:

House Party: 5th Day of Readying, Waterday, 6 hours past midnight.
Soros at the family home in town.
Thout is at the baracks under the care of the Church Council.
Soros and D'ogryn are quartered at their respective homes.
The rest of the party is at Naia's parent's home resting.

Investigative Party: 4th Day of Readying, Godsday, Late Night - 11 hours past noon.

Antas and Ferona are on the southern edge of the southeast end of the docks.

Conditions:The night is cool with a wind coming in from the south carrying a salty breeze off the sea. The sky is clear and the stars can be seen throughout the sky. Luna is waxing.


2,701 to 2,750 of 3,305 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

Male

Soros & Edan

The young mage, thoroughly frustrated, had started walking back towards Edan and the rest of the group. Both he and Edan heard the noise as well but it was more muffled. But they quickly realized the loud noises startled the rest of the party near the door!

Edan turns and looks seeing Naia in the ready and Narciso fall into a defensive stance. "What is happening!

Soros, startled, takes a step back and puts his hands up ready to cast but unsure what exactly is going on...again.


Male

The Party - 4th Day of Readying, GodsDay
Morning - 10 Hours Past Midnight
First Floor
Second Floor

DM Rolls:

VHN 1d100 ⇒ 9 45%
RE 1d100 ⇒ 54 15% (5% right now)
PHN 1d100 ⇒ 8 15% (5% right now due to noise)

Sanbalet - casts clairaudience and listens to the entry room after the large noise. He heres Rabalar's last comment and will continue to listen.

Before going to sleep he used Clairvoyance when the alarm went off the night before and saw the party enter the house. He though like the rest of the visitors to the house they would eventually leave. However, this group appeared to be looking for something. He placed a double guard in the room all night to pay attention to what is going on.

He is concerned that the strangers have spent to much time in the house and he might need to actively remove them from the scene.


Race: Half-Orc | HP12/12 Healthy | AC20 (DR3/-) F18 T12, AC17 F12 T15 | F+5 R+3 W+3 | Init +2 | Intimid+3 Kn(Dung)+7 Kn (Nat)+4 Per+1 SM+1 Sur+4 Classes/Levels: Fighter 1

Grond raises an eyebrow at his companion - "Feel free to go and take a look Narciso" - he chuckles, making no motion to go back inside.


Race Half Elf | 10/10 HP | AC15 F12 T12 | F+2 R+4 W+3 | Init+2 | Perc+7, Stealth+6, SM+1, Diplo+5, Know+5(All)/+9(Trained) | CMD13 | Spd 30'

Narciso sheaths his weapon looking at Grond. "Well, I was going to guard the prisoner with Naia, but if you think I'd be better at helping inside the house...." He starts toward the door, "Any directions that I might need to find them? I don't really want to explore somewhere that hasn't been cleared already!"

If nobody stops me I'll enter the house, moving cautiously, examining the floor for weak spots and listening to figure out which direction I need to go to join the others.


M Wood Olf | HP6/11 Grazed | AC16 F14 T12 CMD16 | F+2 R+6 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc+7 SM+1 Stealth+8 Survival+5 Ranger (Divine Marksman) 1

As he moves into the house, Narciso really can't avoid Rabalar,as the olf is getting up off the floor, immediately below a new hole in the ceiling. "Found me already, I think. D'Og is, well, I'm not going to send you up to him by yourself. I am NOT really interested in going back up there, though."


Healthy Female Human (Flan) Fighter 1; HP 11/11; Grazed: 8; Wounded: 5; Critical: 2; DR: 1/- || AC 17 || T 12 || FF 15; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2; Init +2; Per +6; SM +2; Stealth +2; CMB +4; CMD 16; Spd 30 ft. Current AC 16/12/14

Naia is beginning to lose her already frayed temper. She eyes the prisoner like she wants to spit him and yells again over her shoulder.

"C'MON! Let's go!!!"


Race: Half-Orc | HP12/12 Healthy | AC20 (DR3/-) F18 T12, AC17 F12 T15 | F+5 R+3 W+3 | Init +2 | Intimid+3 Kn(Dung)+7 Kn (Nat)+4 Per+1 SM+1 Sur+4 Classes/Levels: Fighter 1

Really not sure what else to do/say here to expedite the action :P

"I think we should first gather out here, before deciding what to do next" - Grond replies pragmatic - "If leaving, or checking the rest of the house"


Male

D'ogryn - Botted

Coughing...sneezing...coughing...blows noses...sneezing...

The young man wipes his nose with his sleeve and then rubs his eyes and looks around to make sure there is nothing coming towards him. The air seems to settle a bit.

A few moments go by and his eyes are still watering and his nose is full of all the dust in the air. 4 minutes left

He gets himself together enough to pull the chest over to the door and away from where it was originally located.

He walks over to the area and slowly inspects the area feeling the floor that was under the chest.

Take 10 -1 Perception= 14

He finds a loose floorboard that over time has loosened due to the dry rot. He slowly lifts the floor board and inspects the enclosure visually and then puts his left hand on the rim and slowly inspects it. Again taking his time and then places his hand into space and inspects it with is fingers checking for anything that would hint of danger. His fingers brush something stiff but pliable, like leather, and small like a pouch. He palms the pouch and brings s it up and puts it on the floor by the hole and continues to inspect the space and finds nothing else but the carcas of dead small bugs.

perception trap: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 1 = 8

coughing....sneezing...sniffling...coughing...


Male

Rabalar, Grond, and Narciso

Rabalar rises..a bit banged up and his back and shoulder are stiff with a hint of pain.

Grond comes in and sees Rabalar standing with parts of the floor all around him. He looks up and can see the floor collapsed. Dust and dirt is still in the air and can be easily seen in the beams of sunlight stabbing throw the air.

Narciso walks in and all three can hear D'ogryn coughing and sneezing...Rabalar can tell he is still in the back of the house and probably in the room with the chest.

Again the three of you hear the coughing and sneezing.

Narciso can tell that the other young man is upstairs still...


Race Half Elf | 10/10 HP | AC15 F12 T12 | F+2 R+4 W+3 | Init+2 | Perc+7, Stealth+6, SM+1, Diplo+5, Know+5(All)/+9(Trained) | CMD13 | Spd 30'

Hearing the coughing and sneezing, and remembering Grond's statement about mold Narciso determines that D'ogryn probably disturbed the mold. He hopes the spores aren't lethal but feels that he should address the injuries of the man in front of him first. Helping him to his feet and toward the door he asks, "Are you hurt? I can cast another cure spell like I used on D'ogryn before you all came back in here."

If Rabalar agrees I'll use my second level 1 spell slot for the day for a Cure Light Wounds. CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Back out to the group he glances around "If he released a bunch of mold spores he could be in bad danger. Wet some cloth and cover your mouth and nose with it. It should keep any inhaled spores away for a short time. Grond, Could you lead me in and to the room where D'ogryn is?"


Male

D'ogryn - Botted

coughing....sneezing...sniffling...coughing...weezing

He feels the pouch..it has been here a long time. The leather is dried out and stiff and will probably fall apart. He slowly opens it and pours the contents out in his other hand. Four gems...diamonds most likely (small ones) spill into his hand, along with bits of the old pouch. The young cook believes they are worth about 25 to 45 gold pieces each. The pouch is worthless and probably going to fall apart.

appraise: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 1 = 15
3 minutes left.


Male

DM's Eyes Only:

Sanbalet continues to concentrate on the entry room above him. He can hear several people talking. At least three...maybe four as he hears coughing and sneezing in the background and the voice sounds different from the other three...he is unsure though.

KNOW(LING): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

He can tell that one is Elven by the accent, the other actually sounds half-orc but the other sounds human but the accent is hard to tell. They seem intent on leaving but are unsure.

I might need to give them a nudge...but it is best to let this play out and see what happens. I only have a few more minutes...let me listen.


Race: Half-Orc | HP12/12 Healthy | AC20 (DR3/-) F18 T12, AC17 F12 T15 | F+5 R+3 W+3 | Init +2 | Intimid+3 Kn(Dung)+7 Kn (Nat)+4 Per+1 SM+1 Sur+4 Classes/Levels: Fighter 1

Grond frowns at Narciso's request - "The young man was reckless - I have no interest in getting back in there. Besides you would need to take the stairs to the right of the entrance and through a corridor upstairs, which has now collapsed" - he explains.


Healthy Female Human (Flan) Fighter 1; HP 11/11; Grazed: 8; Wounded: 5; Critical: 2; DR: 1/- || AC 17 || T 12 || FF 15; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2; Init +2; Per +6; SM +2; Stealth +2; CMB +4; CMD 16; Spd 30 ft. Current AC 16/12/14

Naia waits, sweat beginning to emerge on her brow. Her eyes linger on the prisoner at the end of her harpoon point, the steel wavering slightly as she breathes in and out,

What is keeping them? she wonders.


Male

The Traveler's Rest

Ender

The young man looks thankful for Ferona's reply back to Antas but can tell that Antas is frustrated.

"I apologize master Antas. I am not a very sociable person...to be honest this visit with makes me uncomfortable as it is. I am used to dealing with ledgers, books, scrolls, and the occasional scribe or merchant's bookkeeper. I don't think I would do your request any justice..."

He turns to Peran. "I have never delved into the records of a church. How might I go about approaching the churches to inquire about information you are looking for? I am sure they keep records and I believe there is even a church council that is headed by one of the churches and works in concert with the town council. Any insight you could offer would benefit me a great deal."

He offers Peran a smile as he finishes the question and then neatly sips his mulled warm wine.


Male

Soros and Edan

Both men turn and jog back at a quick pace to Naia. Edan draws his short sword and stands over the two prisoners.

"Naia you and Soros can attend to the house I will stay with Thout and keep and eye on our two friends."


Male

Thout

Thout lifts his head up and looks to the house and back at Edan and Soros. "What is going on! We be ambushed again!"

He sniffs the air...the smell of the burn pile is thick in the air and the scent of the burning bodies is heavy in it.

"Damn awful smell!" He puts his head down and seems to blow his nose trying to get the smell to move away from his face.


Male human (Oeridian) cleric (herald caller) of St. Cuthbert; HP 11/11; AC 14; F +4 R +0 W +5; Perception +3; Inspiration: 2

Smiling at the nervous man in the hops of making him slightly calmer, Peran muses.

"Well, you can always just ask. Our own archive in Seaton was destroyed with the main temple, but we still have a small collection of scrolls and papers dealing with the local history and peoples. I could also act as a mediator between you and the church council, but as I said, simply asking should, for the most part, grant you access."

The Exchange

Male Human (Oeridian) Aerdi 1 Paladin (VMC Bloodrager) +0 init, +4 perc, 12 HP Max, 14 AC, F +4, R +0, W +2

everything in its place and time lad, no worries. Impatient due to injustice is not tha same as uncarin or not listening Antas says with a smile and a clap on the shoulder for the lad trying not to break anything when he does


Race Half Elf | 10/10 HP | AC15 F12 T12 | F+2 R+4 W+3 | Init+2 | Perc+7, Stealth+6, SM+1, Diplo+5, Know+5(All)/+9(Trained) | CMD13 | Spd 30'

Narciso glances around at the group. "Well, if the floor is gone he's really going to need help. Even more since he's hacking out a lung! If the hole can't be skirted or jumped then he'll need to climb or jump down and someone will need to be there to help break his fall so he doesn't break a leg. I'm not sure that I'm strong enough to do that by myself. And does anyone have any rope?"

Did the hole in the ceiling look like it covered the full width of the hallway upstairs? If I can't tell I'm following Grond's words and moving upstairs and down the hallway to the hole.


Healthy Female Human (Flan) Fighter 1; HP 11/11; Grazed: 8; Wounded: 5; Critical: 2; DR: 1/- || AC 17 || T 12 || FF 15; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2; Init +2; Per +6; SM +2; Stealth +2; CMB +4; CMD 16; Spd 30 ft. Current AC 16/12/14

"No can do E. I'm not leaving you here alone with Thout to look after a crafty goblin and a human snake. I'm stayin' put. They can come out or we leave without them. This day, this visit, this house has been sideways enough."

Naia does not waver.


Human (Suel)Male HP:7/10 Grazed|AC:17 T:15 FF:12 CMD:+14 |F:+0 R:+2 W:+0| Init:+4 | Perc:+5| Bluff+6 Disable+9 Sense Motive+5 Stealth+10 |Dagger/Thrown +0/+4,1d4+0 CMB;+0 Human (Suel) Unchained Rogue 1

*cough cough*
more coughing


Male
Narciso Virbaldi wrote:

Narciso glances around at the group. "Well, if the floor is gone he's really going to need help. Even more since he's hacking out a lung! If the hole can't be skirted or jumped then he'll need to climb or jump down and someone will need to be there to help break his fall so he doesn't break a leg. I'm not sure that I'm strong enough to do that by myself. And does anyone have any rope?"

Did the hole in the ceiling look like it covered the full width of the hallway upstairs? If I can't tell I'm following Grond's words and moving upstairs and down the hallway to the hole.

As Narciso walks in and he and Grond walk towards the olf Narciso looks up. Grond instinctively looks around the place taking in the bottom floor again.

Narciso sees that the hole is ragged but is about two and a half to three feet wide and about four feet long. See the second-floor map. He looks at Rabalar and the olf is pretty banged up.

First Floor
Second Floor


Male

Traveler's Rest Inn

The music seems to end just below them. The alcove booth is in a corner that is private and shares its privacy with one other booth. It can see the stage in the center of the common room. The two people performing and singing leave the stage and blusters of talking and laughter take over. After a while, Hoskins takes the stage and clears his throat and seems to tell several short funny stories. The three of you find the stories humorous as he talks about a farmer and his wild daughter and a young man that is naive in the ways of women and this wild girl gives him a run for his coin purse. In the end, the couple ends up married and living with her father who basically told him so... After a bit of talking and storytelling, Hoskins invites his next performer on the stage. He bows respectfully and smiles with out a word and walks off the stage. The young women walk up on the stage...and the talking stops. She has beautiful silver-white hair in several braids that are wrapped in silver string and is clearly olven and stunningly beautiful. Her outfit is well-tailored and not cheaply made. The colors of her traveling garments are emerald green, silvery blues and a pure white shirt along with leather pants dyed dark blue. She carries a long sword and dagger on her side and has a small harp. She sits down and places the harp on our lap and starts by softly humming an embracing tune that seems to both quiet and calm the crowd quickly. The tune quickens in its pace and she begins to play the harp. The sounds are both beautiful, soft, and uplifting. The song is in elven... It is a song of the past and also about joy and happiness. It goes on for nearly ten minutes and as the three of you look around you can see that all of the common room including your group is fixated her song and how her hands seem to flutter over the harp as she sings. The song ends and there is a moment of absolute quiet and then clapping and cheering begin. Several men and women walk up and place coins on the edges of the stage and smile and laugh as they thank the lady. She then stands and again begins to sing but this time the song is a faster pace but also light and full of melody that is like listening to spring rain and glistening waterfalls. Again the crowd seems to stop and simply enjoy the music. Several more minutes go by and see finishes and bows. Everyone again claps, cheers, and ask for more. Hoskin walks on stage and bows and the lady bows gently as well to Hoskin and walks off the stage as gracefully as she walked on. She walks over to Warfa and they seem to hug each other and laugh as the man talks. Hoskin tells the crowd there will be a brief pause in entertainment but enjoy the drinks, food, and fellowship. Those listening raise their mugs as he walks off the stage. You are coming to realize that Hoskins can hold the ear of a crowd easily.


Saltmarsh House Rules F Human (Suel) Arcanist 1| HP 8/8 Healthy | AC 11 F 10 T 11 CMD 12 | F +2 R +1 W+3 | Init +1 | Perc +1, SM+1, Stealth +1 | Know (arcane) +7, Spellcraft +7
Resources:
Arcane Reservoir 4/4 ; Spells: 1st 3/3

Ferona nods to Ender smiling again at him, "I am sure if you request assistance to access any of the church records they will grant you access. If they choose not to then we can persuade them otherwise." Seeing the matter settled for the moment, sh turns her mind away from the business at hand and focuses on the olven bard's performances.

Truly a magnificent performance! It is necessary to be reminded of what we fight for at certain times, she reflects silently to herself, her old master Tiver teachings coming to her thoughts now. It would be easy to walk down a dark path, using my gift for personal gain...but then I lose any appreciation of the beauty still left on this Oerth. she sips her wine thoughtfully as she finds herself reminiscing of days long past.

I don't want to advance things here as I know our group is ahead of the others time-wise.


Race Half Elf | 10/10 HP | AC15 F12 T12 | F+2 R+4 W+3 | Init+2 | Perc+7, Stealth+6, SM+1, Diplo+5, Know+5(All)/+9(Trained) | CMD13 | Spd 30'

Narciso enters the house following Gronds instructions immediately taking the stairs up. Once he is on the second level he listens for the coughing and moves toward it. As he moves along the hallway he calls out, "D'ogryn? Are you OK? The rest of the group wants to leave. We can all come back once the prisoner is turned over to the guard and your friend is healthy again."

When he gets to the hole he examines it carefully, testing to see if either edge can bear weight or if jumping across will be required.

Knowledge-Engineering?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Knowledge-Dungeoneering?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Not sure what would be appropriate....


Race: Half-Orc | HP12/12 Healthy | AC20 (DR3/-) F18 T12, AC17 F12 T15 | F+5 R+3 W+3 | Init +2 | Intimid+3 Kn(Dung)+7 Kn (Nat)+4 Per+1 SM+1 Sur+4 Classes/Levels: Fighter 1

As Narciso moves upstairs, Grond remains on the ground floor - "If anything else is out to get us, it heard that racket for sure" - he grunts, alert to his surroundings.

Grond is on overwatch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male
Narciso Virbaldi wrote:

Narciso enters the house following Gronds instructions immediately taking the stairs up. Once he is on the second level he listens for the coughing and moves toward it. As he moves along the hallway he calls out, "D'ogryn? Are you OK? The rest of the group wants to leave. We can all come back once the prisoner is turned over to the guard and your friend is healthy again."

When he gets to the hole he examines it carefully, testing to see if either edge can bear weight or if jumping across will be required.

[dice=Knowledge-Engineering?]1d20+5
[dice=Knowledge-Dungeoneering?]1d20+5
[dice=Perception]1d20+7
Not sure what would be appropriate....

From the many stories and readings on delving into dank and dark places as well as your thorough examination of the flooring, you can tell that it will hold one person at a time if you slide along the railing side. The wall side is not stable enough. DC12 - Climbing/Acrobatic


Male
Grond Borg-Drautran wrote:

As Narciso moves upstairs, Grond remains on the ground floor - "If anything else is out to get us, it heard that racket for sure" - he grunts, alert to his surroundings.

[dice=Grond is on overwatch]d20+1

Grond notices that there is nothing really moving in the house... It is still except for the occasional sound of an old house. You do hear coughing, sneezing, and wheezing from upstairs.


Male

Soros

Soros looks at Naia and to Edan. "I will go. Naia is right we need to have at least two of you out here."

He walks up the porch stairs and into the doorway. He readies his staff and lets his eyes adjust. It appears Narciso is upstairs right by the hole in the hallway and the mess below. Rabalar stands by Grond both are looking upstairs and Rabalar looks like he is about to follow Narciso up the stair as he brushes off the last bits of dry rotted wood and dirt that is covering him. Both are standing by the foot of the stairway in the entry room.


Race Half Elf | 10/10 HP | AC15 F12 T12 | F+2 R+4 W+3 | Init+2 | Perc+7, Stealth+6, SM+1, Diplo+5, Know+5(All)/+9(Trained) | CMD13 | Spd 30'

Narciso examines the hole carefully, likely for longer than he needs to.... "Well, this doesn't look too safe, but.... Hey Grond, are you ready to catch?"

Seeing that the rail side looks the safest he takes out his javelin to brace against the opposite wall as he slides along....

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Oops! Was that 12 Climb/Acrobatics on the good side? If so, I'll be tossing the javelin away as I slip and fall. :(


Male

DM Eyes only:

Sanbalet feels the spell fading off and the party's voices in the entry room fade away.

He curses to himself. Well, there is a good chance they leave once they get whoever is up stairs.

He walks to his door and unlocks it and opens it. A grunt comes from his left. Gnoll"Grab some food and drink."

The tall hyena-like creature nods and goes off to the table where another gnoll sits eating and drinking. The men don't seem interested in sitting by them. The three men are eating as well and drinking from mugs.

He walks over to the table. Keoish [b]"Keep your voices down. We still have company up top. After you get done eating get down to the caves and get the storage room ready so we can hand off the next shipment. Have the rest come up and grab some food and drink."

He walks down the other end of the table. Gnoll"Once you get done keep watch until the other men come up. We have others up top...so keep an ear out!"

The man turns and walks to the platter on the table. He grabs some bread, cheese, and dried sausages and puts it on a plate. He takes the platter and sits down and starts to eat. He appears to be deep in thought and the other three smugglers let him be. They have learned to leave the man alone when he is like that.

Sanbalet is concerned...those people were upstairs all night...his little trap didn't scare the off and whatever the commotion was upstairs...probably those pesty goblins that took up residence a few weeks ago. Kill two birds with one stone at least.


Male
Narciso Virbaldi wrote:

Narciso examines the hole carefully, likely for longer than he needs to.... "Well, this doesn't look too safe, but.... Hey Grond, are you ready to catch?"

Seeing that the rail side looks the safest he takes out his javelin to brace against the opposite wall as he slides along....

Narciso begins his attempt across the hole and as he takes a few steps his left foot lands a rotted area and it breaks apart beneath him.

reflex dc12 (prepared/caution): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Narciso tosses the javelin as he collapses down and attempts to break his fall...

fall damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
10/6 HP Grazed -1 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level

Narciso crashes through the floor of the upper-level hallway and lands on his side BAM...CRACK...THUD!!! Dust and dirt kicks up everywhere and for a moment the floor beneath Narciso feels as if it will go as well. It creaks under the strain of a second fall.


M Wood Olf | HP6/11 Grazed | AC16 F14 T12 CMD16 | F+2 R+6 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc+7 SM+1 Stealth+8 Survival+5 Ranger (Divine Marksman) 1

"This is NOT how we get our friends the help they need!" He stops and digs into his pack, pulling out his rope before setting his pack on the ground. Then he walks up the stairs and looks across the questionable floor. "D'Og! The floor's giving way! Come over this way so we can secure a rope to help cross it!"

Rab's plan is to stand on one end of the rope while throwing most of it across the risky space to D'Og, and then each will tie it to something more or less secure on their side. I'm thinking about poking holes in the walls and tying it to the frame, actually.


Healthy Female Human (Flan) Fighter 1; HP 11/11; Grazed: 8; Wounded: 5; Critical: 2; DR: 1/- || AC 17 || T 12 || FF 15; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2; Init +2; Per +6; SM +2; Stealth +2; CMB +4; CMD 16; Spd 30 ft. Current AC 16/12/14

”I know you don’t want to go in Sor. Stay safe!” Naia advises Soros.

The whaler rolls her eyes as more of the house attacks her friends. A grunt of deep displeasure escapes her.

”RAB? WHAT IS GOING ON? SOROS, WHAT IS HAPPENING?


Race Half Elf | 10/10 HP | AC15 F12 T12 | F+2 R+4 W+3 | Init+2 | Perc+7, Stealth+6, SM+1, Diplo+5, Know+5(All)/+9(Trained) | CMD13 | Spd 30'

Narciso slowly gets back to his feet. He grins regardless of the pain that he feels. "Well, that went as well as expected I guess. I never said I was an acrobat!"

"Rope? That would make the fall less dangerous. Just swing down through the hole instead of trying to cross it. Other option would be to gather wood or furniture to span the hole and walk over that. Of course if the whole structure is as weak as the floor it might collapse a larger area under the weight."

Is D'ogryn coming out yet? We still hear his coughing right?


Race: Half-Orc | HP12/12 Healthy | AC20 (DR3/-) F18 T12, AC17 F12 T15 | F+5 R+3 W+3 | Init +2 | Intimid+3 Kn(Dung)+7 Kn (Nat)+4 Per+1 SM+1 Sur+4 Classes/Levels: Fighter 1

"Best not even come this way" - Grond suggests - "Leave through one of the windows instead?"


Male

Soros

Soros sees Narciso fall... He takes a quick step to try and do something but realizes he is to late as the man hits the floor and it appears to nearly buckle under the weight of the blow.

Naia and Edan see Soros move quickly inside. When Naia calls out he stops and realizes they need to know what is going on inside. He turns and walks to the door and pokes his head.

"Narciso fell from the floor well... It is a death trap in here so stay out! Bugs, holes, ghosts...best stay right there! If I don't come back assume that D'og and I have been eaten by a roach!" He says it with a bit of sarcasm... If he had listened in the first place and we had left before going back in here no one would be hurt! He decides to keep that thought to himself...he is tired, dirty, and full of bites and he realizes he is in no place to be offering his opinion at the moment.

Soros sees Rabalar and goes over to help him as Grond keeps watch. "What can I do?" He looks up to the second floor. "D'og! Get over here before anyone else gets hurt!"


Male
Narciso Virbaldi wrote:

Narciso slowly gets back to his feet. He grins regardless of the pain that he feels. "Well, that went as well as expected I guess. I never said I was an acrobat!"

"Rope? That would make the fall less dangerous. Just swing down through the hole instead of trying to cross it. Other option would be to gather wood or furniture to span the hole and walk over that. Of course if the whole structure is as weak as the floor it might collapse a larger area under the weight."

Is D'ogryn coming out yet? We still hear his coughing right?

You hear him coughing and sneezing but it has mostly subsided. 5 minutes is now up. But you do hear the sound of something wooden being dragged on a wooden floor that is covered in debris...squealing...scrapping...scratching...rubbing.

I am assuming based on D'og's stubbornness that he would drag the chest to the hallway and want it lowered as well...


Race: Half-Orc | HP12/12 Healthy | AC20 (DR3/-) F18 T12, AC17 F12 T15 | F+5 R+3 W+3 | Init +2 | Intimid+3 Kn(Dung)+7 Kn (Nat)+4 Per+1 SM+1 Sur+4 Classes/Levels: Fighter 1

A bump?


Male

D'ogryn - botted

COUGH...COUGH...sniffle You hear the sound of heavy steps and something dragging the floor. "I am coming! Give me a moment!"

After a moment a figure comes from the southern hallway above. Grond sees the young man's blonde hair as he rises and dusts his hands off.

"It wasn't all that bad...just made me cough and sneeze...any way we can lower the chest. There is something in it. I also found some nice tidbits hidden under the chest in a hidden floor space."

He bends back over and drags something to the hand rail. "If you toss up the rope I will secure it and lower it. It is not real heavy, maybe seventy or eighty pounds, I should be able to lower it to you."


Male

The Traveler's Rest Inn

Ender

He finishes drinking his wine and turns to Peran. "I will do that Brother Peran. It is my first dive into records of a church and wanted to make sure there were no formalities I needed to address. I believe I will address this through my uncle and the Church Council. I will do review of the town records and guard records first and let the Lord Mayor put things into motion with the Churches."

Ender nods in agreement with Ferona. "My uncle is far more subtle than I would be and he has offered to help in your investigation. I am sure my request through him will get us in the door."

Some time goes by and the same men that were performing before the Olven lady perform come back on stage. This time one has a fiddle and the other a small banjo. They start to play a well-known Keoish commoner song full of humor.

Warfa comes up the stairs along with a serving lass. The girl, the same one that has been serving you, asks to clear the table and drops off another pitcher of ale. Warfa grabs a wooden chair and pulls it up to the table. "Got word about the lass Zove. Pitiful news about her. Her uncle and aunt are devastated as is their son and daughter. The little ones taking it harder as she was like a big sister to them." He grabs a mug off the platter before the girl leaves and he pours himself some of the ale. "I did manage to find something of interest. The lass you found at the dock. A little bird told me that she was seen walking from the Rest with an older man. Nobody thought anything of it as they assumed it was her father. This must have been earlier in the evening." He takes a long drink of the ale. "Not sure it helps but I figure I would pass it along."


Saltmarsh House Rules F Human (Suel) Arcanist 1| HP 8/8 Healthy | AC 11 F 10 T 11 CMD 12 | F +2 R +1 W+3 | Init +1 | Perc +1, SM+1, Stealth +1 | Know (arcane) +7, Spellcraft +7
Resources:
Arcane Reservoir 4/4 ; Spells: 1st 3/3

Feroma shakes her head sadly at the news Warfa brings. "Yes Warfa we did all we could, but I fear we were to late to begin with." When she hears the news concerning the other murder victim her jaw sets in determination. "This is indeed a welcome development Warfa, as now we have proof she was not alone that evening. Plus this man is now the primary suspect," her eyes gleam in anticipation, "so we need to visit the docks once again and see if any other dock worker can give a more accurate description of him."


M Wood Olf | HP6/11 Grazed | AC16 F14 T12 CMD16 | F+2 R+6 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc+7 SM+1 Stealth+8 Survival+5 Ranger (Divine Marksman) 1

"Rope's not the problem." He tosses the rope to the cook.


Male

D'ogryn - botted

D'ogryn leans over and catches the rope that Rabalar tosses up. He turns and wraps the chest up using two loops on each side and then secures both with two horizontal loops and ties it off up top.

use escape artist to tie knots: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

He then lifts the chest up and over the railings as carefully as he can while keeping the length of the rope under his back foot so that it is anchored.

He manages to get the chest over the rail and then lowers it slowly down to the floor. He struggles with it a lot and lets it down but it bangs against the floor loudly. THUD!!! The chest seems to shift but the iron bands hold the chest in place and solid. The floor seems to give a bit but it also holds. However, the iron lip of the top and the box seem to have jammed shut from the force.

strength check to lower the 100lb chest +2 for using the rope: 1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 0 + 2 = 4

D'ogryn curses under his breath...That will make it more difficult to get that chest opened. "Hold on!"

He ties off the rope to the railing climbs over the railing. Checks his weight on the rope as he leans off it for a moment and then slowly climbs down locking his boots into the rope as he resets his hands as he makes his way down. He gets to a few inches from the top of the chest and shimmies down till his feet hit the chest and he then hops off to the floor. He dusts his hands off. "Ok, lets grab it and get out of here!"

Takes 10 on climbing down with rope. Gain +2 for rope = 16


Race: Half-Orc | HP12/12 Healthy | AC20 (DR3/-) F18 T12, AC17 F12 T15 | F+5 R+3 W+3 | Init +2 | Intimid+3 Kn(Dung)+7 Kn (Nat)+4 Per+1 SM+1 Sur+4 Classes/Levels: Fighter 1

"Is it clear of the mold?"


Male
Grond Borg-Drautran wrote:
"Is it clear of the mold?"

D'ogryn

"Yea...I think I already sucked everything in and then spit it back out on the floor in the room." He looks over at Rabalar and Soros who both have a look of "what the hell!". "Sorry I got carried away but I think whatever is in here might be important...Like I said I think something is up with this house and our visitors."

He looks at Grond and back at the door. "Well if you give me a hand I will grab one side and you get the other and we can carry it out."


Male

Soros

Shaking his head and giving Rabalar a raised eyebrow and a look.

"I doubt that chest was going anywhere..."

He turns to Rabalar and Narciso. "The both of you need to have Edan take a look at you and take care of those bumps and bruises."

D'ogryn seems to ignore the comment by Soros as he unties the rope from the chest. He leaves the rope hanging on the railing and looks up and back over to Rabalar. "I guess we can get it back the next time we come back?." He seems to shrug and goes back to moving the rope of the chest and pulling off his cloak off the chest. He wraps it up so that the side laying on the chest is all folded up.


Race: Half-Orc | HP12/12 Healthy | AC20 (DR3/-) F18 T12, AC17 F12 T15 | F+5 R+3 W+3 | Init +2 | Intimid+3 Kn(Dung)+7 Kn (Nat)+4 Per+1 SM+1 Sur+4 Classes/Levels: Fighter 1

Grond does not seem convinced, but he shrugs it away with a grunt, and assists with taking the chest outside.


Male

Grond & D'ogryn

Grond grabs one handle and D'ogryn grabs the other handle. As they lift a cloud of dust pops up in the air around the chest. But it is nothing that appears to be harmful... D'ogryn pulls his face away not wanting to revisit the coughing and choking. After it settles and he and Grond start to walk out the door he can see Soros giving him a stare...more like a glare...but with more attitude.

Narciso and Rabalar follow Soros out the door and into the sun light.

The chest is decades old...made of solid varnish oak and iron banding. There is no lock on it but there is a hasp and a latch for one to be placed on it. The chest is closed and the iron lip on the lid and the box seem to be partially overlapped from the fall.

The dust, dried mildew and mold are all but gone on the outside of the chest.

2,701 to 2,750 of 3,305 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Old School Greyhawk Campaign Discussion (Saltmarsh and the Old East Road) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.