Old School Greyhawk - Saltmarsh Campaign PFRPG (570CY - Southern Keoland)

Game Master ALLENDM

Campaign Links
Party Magic and Treasure List
House Rules 09022019
Greyhawk Old School Campaigns 2018 Folder

Current Event Links
Second Floor
Ground Floor Map
Party Skill, Save, and Ability Check Macros Sheet
Combat Manager

Time line:
House Party: 4th Day of Readying, Godsday, Morning - 8 hours past midnight.
(1.5 hours without rest/sleep & food/water in the last 1 hour)

Town Party: 4th Day of Readying, Godsday, Late Afternoon - (4 hours past noon.)


2,301 to 2,350 of 2,536 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>

Male

Soros

Soros comes down the stair and out the door and stops as the sun beams into his face...All he sees is a glare and hallows around everyone.

He sees that D'ogryn is to his right facing west and he sees Edan facing northwest in a guard position and he hears Thout making some sort of horrible war cry.

perception: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 2 = 8


Male

Soros

Soros comes down the stair and out the door and stops as the sun beams into his face...All he sees is a glare and hallows around everyone.

He sees that D'ogryn is to his right facing west and he sees Edan facing northwest in a guard position and he hears Thout making some sort of horrible war cry. He sees the man to the west of Thout...

perception: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 2 = 15


Male

Ned ShankShaft

Naia still needs to go but see is a bit of a distance off so I am going to make Ned's move.

Ned side steps to the opposite side of Thout's shield as he deflects the large man's axe. Enough of this frackin shat! He steps in hard and punches with both daggers to the half-dwarf's side. Ned in two lightening quick moves sticks both daggers into THout's side. The effect is catastrophic.

TWF Dagger Attack 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
TWF Dagger Attack 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

dagger MW Damage 1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
dagger MW Critical Damage 1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

dagger MW Damage 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
dagger MW Critical Damage 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Ned's Daggers (DM's EYES):

Either one hits a FORT SAVE is required to save against poison.[/ooc]
FORT DC16 TRACK: STRENGTH, FREG: 1/round for 6 rounds.

NOTES:
Effect: Spear urchin venom causes horrific pain that weakens the muscles and causes intense nausea. Weakened state includes Nauseated (only one move action). Each time the victim moves up the track he/she is shaken from the agonizing pain (-2 Atk, -2 all saving throws, -2 skill checks, and -2 ability checks for 1+1d4 rounds)

Cure: 1 save

Thout - CRITICAL/POISONED (STRENGTH IMPAIRED) - 16/-1 - DISABLED-CRITICAL CONDITION:(below 1/4 total hp) -3 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level

FORT SAVE 1: 1d20 + 5 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 3 = 5
FORT SAVE 2: 1d20 + 5 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 3 = 4

Initial Poison Damage = DC16-10=6/2=3 points of initial poison damage

Agonizing Pain from Sea Urchin 1 & 2: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6

Thout's Condition:

Total Modifiers:

-11 (-4) STR BASED: ATK ROLLS, DMG ROLLS, SKILL ROLLS, ABILITY CHECKS- MEDIUM LOAD

CRITICAL CONDITION:(below 1/4 total hp) -7 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level (+4 for Spear Urchin Poison - two moves up track)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Poison Save:
two successive fails on STRENGTH TRACK:

HEALTHY to WEAKENED to IMPAIRED:

Weakened: A character weakened by Strength poison suffers a –2 penalty on Strength-based attack rolls, damage rolls, skill checks, and ability checks. Her carrying capacity is divided by 3. She is always considered to be carrying at least a medium load.

Impaired: A character impaired by Strength poison experiences rapid muscle atrophy. She takes an additional –2 penalty on the affected Strength-based rolls, and is always considered to be carrying at least a heavy load.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spear Urchin Venom Effect
agonizing pain (-2 Atk, -2 all saving throws, -2 skill checks, and -2 ability checks for 1+1d4 rounds) for 6 rounds.

DC is now 19 (due to two doses)
Duration is now +1/2 the duration listed 1/9 rounds.


M Wood Olf | HP11/11 Healthy | AC16 F14 T12 CMD16 | F+2 R+6 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc+7 SM+1 Stealth+8 Survival+5 Ranger (Divine Marksman) 1

Sorry, Naia, but it seemed like the right thing to do in the situation . . .. At least you're getting your exercise in!

But Thout's in serious trouble!


Male

Thout

Thout brings his war axe down hard expecting the man to move back but this cutthroat moves like a cat and side steps willing to take the forceful blow and manages to glance the blow off with very little damage to himself. I need to take a step back and get this man to come out of the cover and keep my shield between me and him... Suddenly the man darts to his open side and Thout tries to bring his axe up in a guard but it is to late! The man with is black greased back hair in a ponytail and his stained teeth darts under and up. He takes two quick jabs...at first, Thout thinks the man punched him but he quickly realizes the burning at his side and the warm feeling on his skin is from the two daggers covered in blood he sees as the man steps back and gives him a wink and spits on him. Rage fills the half-dwarf and he takes a step forward and attempts to bring his axe up but then feels the burning that jolts him from his side and arc's up his shoulder. He drops to one knee...his breathing labored as he can't get any air...blood fills his mouth...the burning pain from his side is now all over his back and running down his leg. He falls over in a heap his head slamming against the ground. Blood flowing from his mouth and the two puncture wounds to his side.

Thout is disabled/critical


Male

Battle Record::

Rabalar - Healthy - 16/16 - no conditions
Thout - Healthy - 16/-1 - Critical/Disabled/Poisoned (Strength- Impaired)
Soros - Healthy - 7/7 - no conditions
Edan - Healthy - 10/10 - no conditions (Kneeling)

D'ogryn - Grazed - 10/7 - Grazed (below 3/4 total hp) -1 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level (2 wounds)

Naia - Healthy - 11/8 - (Grazed:-1 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level)(1 wound) ((In CHASE SCENE))

Spider 1 - DEAD
Spider 2 - GONE/DEFEATED - 5/3 - (Grazed:-1 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level)
Spider 3 - DEAD

Thug 1.1 - DEAD ((In CHASE SCENE))
Thug 1.2 - DEAD

Thug 3 - DEAD (12/-4) - no conditions (cold damage/1 wound)
Ned Shankshaft - Healthy - 24/18

Initiative Order::

Starting in Round 8

Group1
Rabalar -
Thug 1.2 - DEAD
D'ogryn -
Thug 1.1 - DEAD - CHASE SCENE 1 with NAIA

Group 2
Thout - DISABLED / Critical/Poison
Edan -

Group 3
Soros -
Naia -
Thug 3 - DEAD

Group 4
Ned Shankshaft -

Awaiting Naia's Movement from Round 7.


Grazed Female Human (Flan) Fighter 1; HP 11/8; Grazed: 8; Wounded: 5; Critical: 2; DR: 1/- || AC 17 || T 12 || FF 15; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2; Init +2; Per +6; SM +2; Stealth +2; CMB +4; CMD 16; Spd 30 ft. Current AC 16/12/14

No probs, Leatherstocking. ;)

Naia's shoulders drop and heave as she sees her quarry expertly spit by Rabalar's arrow. Without missing a beat she turns and runs back the way she came.

Full Round Action: Run!!!


M Wood Olf | HP11/11 Healthy | AC16 F14 T12 CMD16 | F+2 R+6 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc+7 SM+1 Stealth+8 Survival+5 Ranger (Divine Marksman) 1

My best guess says that where Ned is on the map should be close to in my line of sight. Not sure if he is in it or not, though. Need a GM call so I know if I should be 1) taking a shot or 2) changing the situation (either popping boards out or moving). Answer only matters so that I can respond intelligently.


Male

Antas, Ferona, Peran - 4th Day of Readying, Godsday (worship day)
Late Afternoon - 4 hours 15 minutes past noon
-------------------------------------
Party Skill, Save, and Ability Check Macros Sheet
-------------------------------------

The group manages to make it to Peddler's Road and is passing the Locksmith's place on the right. The Peddler's Wood is just to the north and off to the left of the road a couple hundred yards. You see several carts being pulled by ox going north on the road, probably farmers. You also see a milkmaid pulling a small cart.


Male
Rabalar wrote:
My best guess says that where Ned is on the map should be close to in my line of sight. Not sure if he is in it or not, though. Need a GM call so I know if I should be 1) taking a shot or 2) changing the situation (either popping boards out or moving). Answer only matters so that I can respond intelligently.

You can see him (parts of him) and you do have an elevation advantage (+2 to ATK) however he is wisely using the cover of the brush and trees. You have a shot if you wish it but it will against cover/concealment in addition to his AC.


Male

Inside the House
Combat Conditions

Round (7)
Ambushed
Ambush group is outside in the front yard.
Party has cover behind the wall (+4 AC)or if standing in the doorway (+2 AC). Windows with boards give +4 AC and if cleared +2 AC.
Party knows of four ambushers.

Map of First Floor and Outside

Map of Second Floor

Battle Record::

Rabalar - Healthy - 16/16 - no conditions
Thout - CRITICAL/DISABLED/POISONED(STRENGTH-IMPAIRED)- 16/-1
Soros - Healthy - 7/7 - no conditions
Edan - Healthy - 10/10 - no conditions (Kneeling)

D'ogryn - Grazed - 10/7 - Grazed (below 3/4 total hp) -1 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level (2 wounds)

Naia - Healthy - 11/8 - (Grazed:-1 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level)(1 wound) ((In CHASE SCENE))

Spider 1 - DEAD
Spider 2 - GONE/DEFEATED - 5/3 - (Grazed:-1 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level)
Spider 3 - DEAD

Thug 1.1 - DEAD ((In CHASE SCENE))
Thug 1.2 - DEAD

Thug 3 - DEAD (12/-4) - no conditions (cold damage/1 wound)
Ned Shankshaft - Healthy - 24/18

Initiative Order::

Starting in Round 8

Group1
Rabalar -
Thug 1.2 - DEAD
D'ogryn -
Thug 1.1 - DEAD - CHASE SCENE 1 with NAIA

Group 2
Thout - DISABLED / Critical/Poison
Edan -

Group 3
Soros -
Naia -
Thug 3 - DEAD

Group 4
Ned Shankshaft -

Group 1 is up. Rabalar and D'ogryn.


Saltmarsh House Rules F Human (Suel) Arcanist 1| HP 8/8 Healthy | AC 11 F 10 T 11 CMD 12 | F +2 R +1 W+3 | Init +1 | Perc +1, SM+1, Stealth +1 | Know (arcane) +7, Spellcraft +7
Resources:
Arcane Reservoir 4/4 ; Spells: 1st 2/3

Ferona's gaze travels over the few travelers ahead of them, nodding in greeting to them. Turning slightly to address her companions she softly says, [smaller]"We cannot be far now. Let us pick up the pace now." Eyes scanning behind them as she verifies the party is not being followed.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The Exchange

Male Human (Oeridian) Aerdi 1 Paladin (VMC Bloodrager) +0 init, +4 perc, 12 HP Max, 14 AC, F +4, R +0, W +2

Antas runs now like an elk in flight his ribbons and hair flying back into the wind as he puts his excellent shape into a full court dash to get to the animal they seek.


M Wood Olf | HP11/11 Healthy | AC16 F14 T12 CMD16 | F+2 R+6 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc+7 SM+1 Stealth+8 Survival+5 Ranger (Divine Marksman) 1

Seeing the fake sailor moving through the trees, Rabalar decides to try for the shot. He nocks, draws, shifts the tension to his back, puts the point over the man's chest, waits for the instant where it seems he'll hesitate in his motion, and releases the shaft.

Longbow w/ Bullseye Shot & Height advantage: 1d20 + 6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 4 + 2 = 31
Piercing: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Well, that should beat any cover bonuses. If he has concealment above and beyond his cover, well, that's another problem entirely.


Human (Suel)Male HP:7/10 Grazed|AC:17 T:15 FF:12 CMD:+14 |F:+0 R:+2 W:+0| Init:+4 | Perc:+5| Bluff+6 Disable+9 Sense Motive+5 Stealth+10 |Dagger/Thrown +0/+4,1d4+0 CMB;+0 Human (Suel) Unchained Rogue 1

Keeping the shoe less man within sight. D'ogryn moves forward slightly and pulls forth a second dagger.
Tsk, tsk, Did I hit a sore spot. A grown man such as you...can only come up with a shot at how tall I am. Really that is all you got. "Little". In order for you to get to me...you need to go through him.
The young cook smiles and nods to the bushes behind the bald man.
Am I lying...is it worth the risk. You know you want to look.
Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Letting the dagger fly on instinct alone.
Attack Dagger/-2 range/-2 range/Pointblank shot: 1d20 + 4 - 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 2 - 2 + 1 = 20
Damage Dagger: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Critical Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male

Ned ShankShaft - Attacks from Rabalar and D'ogryn

Rabalar Arrow - concealment 1d100 ⇒ 47
D'ogrn Dagger - concealment 1d100 ⇒ 93

The arrow flies true and as Ned seems to find what he thinks is additional cover behind the scrub trees the arrow slams into his side just below his ribcage. He grunts and curses at his luck! That b@st@rd elf is dangerous with his bow!

Ned is now grazed (-1)

As he does he hears the young cook baiting him...the arrow sticking in his side was enough to piss him off but this upstart little no nothing... He looks up and turns to the cook he planned on killing and didn't see the dagger coming his way. He feels the blade bite deep into his shoulder.

Ned is now wounded (-2)

He suddenly realizes his position is not safe and with all of his flunkies dead he needs to figure out, and quickly, how to get his @ss out of this pinch!


Male

Inside the House
Combat Conditions

Round (7)
Ambushed
Ambush group is outside in the front yard.
Party has cover behind the wall (+4 AC)or if standing in the doorway (+2 AC). Windows with boards give +4 AC and if cleared +2 AC.
Party knows of four ambushers.

Map of First Floor and Outside

Map of Second Floor

Battle Record:

Rabalar - Healthy - 16/16 - no conditions
Thout - CRITICAL/DISABLED/POISONED(STRENGTH-IMPAIRED)- 16/-1 (1 round)
Soros - Healthy - 7/7 - no conditions
Edan - Healthy - 10/10 - no conditions (Kneeling)

D'ogryn - Grazed - 10/7 - Grazed (below 3/4 total hp) -1 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level (2 wounds)

Naia - Healthy - 11/8 - (Grazed:-1 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level)(1 wound) ((In CHASE SCENE))

Spider 1 - DEAD
Spider 2 - GONE/DEFEATED - 5/3 - (Grazed:-1 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level)
Spider 3 - DEAD

Thug 1.1 - DEAD ((In CHASE SCENE))
Thug 1.2 - DEAD

Thug 3 - DEAD (12/-4) - no conditions (cold damage/1 wound)
Ned Shankshaft - Wounded - 24/6 ( -2 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level)

Initiative Order:

Starting in Round 8

Group1
Rabalar - done
Thug 1.2 - DEAD
D'ogryn - done
Thug 1.1 - DEAD - CHASE SCENE 1 with NAIA

Group 2 -UP
Thout - DISABLED / Critical/Poison
Edan -

Group 3
Soros -
Naia -
Thug 3 - DEAD

Group 4
Ned Shankshaft -

Group 2 - Edan and Thout are up.


Male

Edan

Edan seeing Thout in distress and the man standing over him realizes he needs to end this fight now or Thout will perish.

He lunges forward and then springs like an angry jungle cat lunching a flurry of blows against the now wounded man.

flurry of blow 1 attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Unarmed strike 1 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Unarmed strike (critical) 1 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

flurry of blow 2 attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Unarmed strike 2 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Unarmed strike (critical) 2 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Edan's leap finishes with a solid kick to the man's torso driving him back but he ducks the whirling kick that comes behind it. He is seriously wounded as Edan's kick must have broken several ribs.

Ned is now critically wounded (-3)


Male

Thout

Poison Save: 1d20 + 5 - 7 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 7 = 0 DC19

CRITICAL/DISABLED/POISONED(STRENGTH-STAGGERED)- 16/-2 (2 round)

Thout has advance to Poisoned: Strength: Staggered and lost one additional HP.

Thout lies motionless on the ground. Edan and D'ogryn can see that his skin is now flush.


Male

Battle Record::

Rabalar - Healthy - 16/16 - no conditions
Thout - CRITICAL/DISABLED/POISONED(STRENGTH-Staggered)- 16/-2 (-2 max) (2 of 4 round)
Soros - Healthy - 7/7 - no conditions
Edan - Healthy - 10/10 - no conditions (Kneeling)

D'ogryn - Grazed - 10/7 - Grazed (below 3/4 total hp) -1 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level (2 wounds)

Naia - Healthy - 11/8 - (Grazed:-1 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level)(1 wound) ((In CHASE SCENE))

Spider 1 - DEAD
Spider 2 - GONE/DEFEATED - 5/3 - (Grazed:-1 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level)
Spider 3 - DEAD

Thug 1.1 - DEAD ((In CHASE SCENE))
Thug 1.2 - DEAD

Thug 3 - DEAD (12/-4) - no conditions (cold damage/1 wound)
Ned Shankshaft - Wounded - 24/1 ( -3 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level)

Initiative Order::

Starting in Round 8

Group1
Rabalar - done
Thug 1.2 - DEAD
D'ogryn - done
Thug 1.1 - DEAD - CHASE SCENE 1 with NAIA

Group 2 -
Thout - DISABLED / Critical/Poison
Edan - done

Group 3 - UP
Soros -
Naia -
Thug 3 - DEAD

Group 4
Ned Shankshaft -


Male

Ned

Ned wheezes and coughs as he bends over trying to catch his breath... He drops his daggers in front of him and drops to one knee. The man's resolve is spent and doesn't appear to want to die.

He makes no move to recover his daggers. Instead, he spits on the ground in front himself and curses his own bad luck.


Male

Group 3 - Naia and Soros are up.


Grazed Female Human (Flan) Fighter 1; HP 11/8; Grazed: 8; Wounded: 5; Critical: 2; DR: 1/- || AC 17 || T 12 || FF 15; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2; Init +2; Per +6; SM +2; Stealth +2; CMB +4; CMD 16; Spd 30 ft. Current AC 16/12/14

Naia usefully runs back to the Haunted House.

Run Action

Does she see "Ned"?

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Male
Naia Temlow wrote:

Naia usefully runs back to the Haunted House.

Run Action

Does she see "Ned"?

[dice=Perception]1d20 + 6

I put Naia where she would be after running from the gate entry back to the front yard area. You see Thout on the ground and Edan by him but the brush and weeds are concealing Ned (heavy undergrowth from your vantage).

Naia runs up the gravel path she runs by the fallen bodies of the would-be assassins and then sees D'ogryn standing there just in front of Soros and the front door. Soros seems to stop some magical enchantment he was in the middle of casting but keeps a close eye on the figure just in front of Edan. Edan is standing right by Thout who is not moving. The Touv looks both angry and concerned at the same time.


Male

Soros

Soros begins to quickly whirl his hands in an intricate dance but as the man throws his daggers down and spits near Thout he stops moving his hands. The red arcane sparks crackle and dissipate as he ceases his call for magic. He walks forward quickly to Thout and looks the man over as he puts his hand on his cheek to see if he is breathing or even awake.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

"He is breathing but barely! He is cold to the touch and it is like his skin is shaking!"


Male

Ned

In a low wheezing voice, the man calls out to no one in particular. "I surrender! No need to be poking me with any more blades or arrows!" He spits out blood and pulls the dagger out quickly and then sits on the ground looking at the arrow stuck in him.


Male

Inside the House
Combat Conditions

Round (8)
Ambushed
Ambush group is outside in the front yard.

Map of First Floor and Outside

Map of Second Floor

Group 1 is up (Rabalar/D'oryn)

Battle Record:

Rabalar - Healthy - 16/16 - no conditions
Thout - CRITICAL/DISABLED/POISONED(STRENGTH-Staggered)- 16/-2 (-2 max) (2 of 4 round)
Soros - Healthy - 7/7 - no conditions
Edan - Healthy - 10/10 - no conditions (Kneeling)

D'ogryn - Grazed - 10/7 - Grazed (below 3/4 total hp) -1 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level (2 wounds)

Naia - Healthy - 11/8 - (Grazed:-1 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level)(1 wound) ((In CHASE SCENE))

Spider 1 - DEAD
Spider 2 - GONE/DEFEATED - 5/3 - (Grazed:-1 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level)
Spider 3 - DEAD

Thug 1.1 - DEAD ((In CHASE SCENE))
Thug 1.2 - DEAD

Thug 3 - DEAD (12/-4) - no conditions (cold damage/1 wound)
Ned Shankshaft - Wounded - 24/1 ( -3 ATK/AC/Sav/Skill/Abil/Caster Level)

Initiative Order:

Starting in Round 8

Group1
Rabalar -
Thug 1.2 - DEAD
D'ogryn -
Thug 1.1 - DEAD - CHASE SCENE 1 with NAIA

Group 2 -
Thout - DISABLED / Critical/Poison
Edan -

Group 3 -
Soros -
Naia -
Thug 3 - DEAD

Group 4
Ned Shankshaft - Critical


M Wood Olf | HP11/11 Healthy | AC16 F14 T12 CMD16 | F+2 R+6 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc+7 SM+1 Stealth+8 Survival+5 Ranger (Divine Marksman) 1

The elf calls out. "D'Og! Keep a blade on him while I come down." Then he starts moving as promised.

I think a double move will get him onto the stairs and just started down.


Male

-----------------------------
Antas, Ferona, Peran - 4th Day of Readying, Godsday (worship day)
Late Afternoon - 4 hours past noon
-------------------------------------
Party Skill, Save, and Ability Check Macros Sheet
-------------------------------------
Ferona picks up the pace towards the forest and Antas and Peran follow in short order. Those few pedestrians, townfolks and merchants on the road ways give them a brief look but nod as Ferona goes by.

In a matter of moments, they are off the road and onto the field of grass which is rough but not difficult to traverse. As the three of you get closer to the edge of the woods two guards step out and another man stands up...a young corporal that you meet before named Rain. The young man puts his hand out to halt you as you near and then realize who you are..."Hold this is town business and...sorry Ma'am we were told to expect you." He turns back into the woods for a moment as the two guards walk up towards their corporal and your small group. "Commander Iborian is in the woods along with Sergeant Olaf and Lady Lira...you can follow that trail."


Saltmarsh House Rules F Human (Suel) Arcanist 1| HP 8/8 Healthy | AC 11 F 10 T 11 CMD 12 | F +2 R +1 W+3 | Init +1 | Perc +1, SM+1, Stealth +1 | Know (arcane) +7, Spellcraft +7
Resources:
Arcane Reservoir 4/4 ; Spells: 1st 2/3

Ferona quickly approaches the corporal and nods in greeting, "A pleasure to meet you again. We shan't waste any of your time here." Glancing back behind her she adds, "I do not believe we were followed, but we did not take any unusual steps to hide our passage. Be wary." Once she has been acknowledged she then hurries down the trail to meet with the Commander.

The Exchange

Male Human (Oeridian) Aerdi 1 Paladin (VMC Bloodrager) +0 init, +4 perc, 12 HP Max, 14 AC, F +4, R +0, W +2

Antas gives salute to the guards and follows along the trail indicated keeping an eye for the indicated people and situation.


Male
Rabalar wrote:

The elf calls out. "D'Og! Keep a blade on him while I come down." Then he starts moving as promised.

I think a double move will get him onto the stairs and just started down.

That will work.


Male

Haunted House Checks

DM Rolls:

SMHN 1d100 ⇒ 925
RE 1d100 ⇒ 3115
PHN 1d100 ⇒ 1215

DM Checks:

Captured Goblin -
Escape Artist: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5DC27 hog tided
[/dice]

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11


Male

Rabalar

Rabalar only:

Rabalar hears a noise...he would have sworn it sounded like a wood scraping against wood and then as if something closed.


Male human (Oeridian) cleric (herald caller) of St. Cuthbert; HP 11/11; AC 14; F +4 R +0 W +5; Perception +3; Inspiration: 2

Peran rushes with the others, then slows down as they approach the Commander. Under his breath he keeps muttering,
"Don't be too late...don't be too late...


M Wood Olf | HP11/11 Healthy | AC16 F14 T12 CMD16 | F+2 R+6 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc+7 SM+1 Stealth+8 Survival+5 Ranger (Divine Marksman) 1

Do I have an estimate on direction to the source?


Human (Suel)Male HP:7/10 Grazed|AC:17 T:15 FF:12 CMD:+14 |F:+0 R:+2 W:+0| Init:+4 | Perc:+5| Bluff+6 Disable+9 Sense Motive+5 Stealth+10 |Dagger/Thrown +0/+4,1d4+0 CMB;+0 Human (Suel) Unchained Rogue 1

The young cook looks over at Thout and Soros. He nods as the mage tells of the warriors condition.
Edan can you tend to Thout?

D'ogryn walks nice and slow towards the shoeless man. Pulling forth his last dagger, having thrown four others during this conflict. Kicking the weapons out and away from the mans reach, D'ogryn keeps his distance.
So would you care to tell us what this was all about. I offered you my home so you could tend to your "wounded" friend...and this is how you repay my generosity...tsk tsk...poor form indeed. So who are you and what were you doing here?


Male

-----------------------------
Antas, Ferona, Peran - 4th Day of Readying, Godsday (worship day)
Late Afternoon - 4 hours past noon
-------------------------------------

You walk done an animal trail that is very narrow with underbrush and sticker vines along the way. You come to a small opening. As you walk by a large stand of dark green ferns and wildflowers you start to hear voices.

First, you hear a man's voice...it is a soft voice but one that is used to giving instruction and there is a mark of wisdom and understanding in it.

"I know you are worried about Zove, I am as well, the entire guard is worried about her but we can't just rush off in a panic unless we know what occurred."

A moment goes by and you hear a soft female voice...it has a hint of worry and even panic on it...

"I found this cat when it was but a cub! I raised it for Zove and trained here and this cat...Okware would not have left her side unless it was dire...and I fear whatever has happened is indeed dire."

There is another pause...and you hear the women's voice again.

"He has been stabbed, with two blades, small like daggers." You hear chanting...a primal chanting...and a few moments go by. He has been poisoned as well by the blades. An ocean...water born poison...spear urchin...that is a deadly sting in the water...more deadly on the blades of a killer."

The male voice chimes in. "That was not the first to strike the cat I am afraid. See the bolt in the hind leg...there...it came from his rear and above him and at close range. The cat was ambushed...the blades were the killing blow. He has many smaller cuts and bruises so he put up a fight and from the look of the claws he got one of them maybe even two in the fight."

That is when Ferona, Antas, and Peran make their ways off the trail and into the very tight and small clearing of bushes and trees on uneven ground.


Male
Rabalar wrote:
Do I have an estimate on direction to the source?

give me a perception roll. DC16 to figure out the location.


Male
D’ogryn Amaidar wrote:

The young cook looks over at Thout and Soros. He nods as the mage tells of the warriors condition.

Edan can you tend to Thout?

D'ogryn walks nice and slow towards the shoeless man. Pulling forth his last dagger, having thrown four others during this conflict. Kicking the weapons out and away from the mans reach, D'ogryn keeps his distance.
So would you care to tell us what this was all about. I offered you my home so you could tend to your "wounded" friend...and this is how you repay my generosity...tsk tsk...poor form indeed. So who are you and what were you doing here?

Sitting on his @ss with his knees slightly up he turns and spits...seems to chew on the side of his mouth for a bit.

"Ya ain't no owner of this gods forsaken house! So stop pretending to be somethun you ain't boy! He falls back on the grass in obvious pain from the arrow in his side he has tried to pull out several times but doesn't seem to have the desire or will to do it. "Kill me and be dun with it already...tired of hearin ya cackle like a brothel maid."

The Exchange

Male Human (Oeridian) Aerdi 1 Paladin (VMC Bloodrager) +0 init, +4 perc, 12 HP Max, 14 AC, F +4, R +0, W +2

Antas steps into the clearing a hand held up in peace and he says I am willing to go where ever this path leads to attempt to save the lady who owned this companion.


Saltmarsh House Rules F Human (Suel) Arcanist 1| HP 8/8 Healthy | AC 11 F 10 T 11 CMD 12 | F +2 R +1 W+3 | Init +1 | Perc +1, SM+1, Stealth +1 | Know (arcane) +7, Spellcraft +7
Resources:
Arcane Reservoir 4/4 ; Spells: 1st 2/3

Ferona quickly moves up behind Antas, stumbling slightly in the thick underbrush. "Greetings Commander Iborian, Sergeant Olaf, Lady Lira," She nods at each one of them in return , "Forgive us but I fear time is short," she adds as she walks over to the body of the feline feeling a stab of remorse on seeing the poor dead animal. "Rest assured we will find the...assassin who would slaughter a foe in such a way! How long ago did the slaying occur?"


Grazed Female Human (Flan) Fighter 1; HP 11/8; Grazed: 8; Wounded: 5; Critical: 2; DR: 1/- || AC 17 || T 12 || FF 15; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2; Init +2; Per +6; SM +2; Stealth +2; CMB +4; CMD 16; Spd 30 ft. Current AC 16/12/14

Assuming we are out of combat now...

Naia walks into the garden area. Retrievingo her harpoon and watching the encounter between D’og and the shoeless man, she casually winds the cord in her left hand. The whaler stoops to check with Edan on Thout, making sure to keep the prisoner in view and unobstructed should she need to throw her harpoon.


M Wood Olf | HP11/11 Healthy | AC16 F14 T12 CMD16 | F+2 R+6 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc+7 SM+1 Stealth+8 Survival+5 Ranger (Divine Marksman) 1

Perception DC16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 +2 vs goblinoids


Human (Suel)Male HP:7/10 Grazed|AC:17 T:15 FF:12 CMD:+14 |F:+0 R:+2 W:+0| Init:+4 | Perc:+5| Bluff+6 Disable+9 Sense Motive+5 Stealth+10 |Dagger/Thrown +0/+4,1d4+0 CMB;+0 Human (Suel) Unchained Rogue 1
ALLENDM wrote:
"Ya ain't no owner of this gods forsaken house! So stop pretending to be somethun you ain't boy! He falls back on the grass in obvious pain from the arrow in his side he has tried to pull out several times but doesn't seem to have the desire or will to do it. "Kill me and be dun with it already...tired of hearin ya cackle like a brothel maid."

No wonder you are sitting on your ass with your dinner oozing out your backside. You are a piss poor judge of character. Misread us and look where that got you and now you can not even tell what sarcasm is. Kill you?...maybe...maybe not. It is not my call to make. You might want to work with us...to stay alive. You send others to die for you. You do not want to die or you would not have surrendered. So before someone splits your spine from 60 paces...care to try again at answering my questions?


Male
Rabalar wrote:
[dice=Perception DC16]1d20+7 +2 vs goblinoids

Rabalar Only:

The noise is somewhere under you and the stairs. Not exactly under you but somewhere nearby.


Male

Thout and Edan

Edan drops on his knees calls on Berna in a prayer. His hands turn a blue and a white and those near him can feel the warmth flow. The wounds see to stop bleeding. He quickly begins to inspect the half dwarf's wounds and more importantly his condition. He puts him on his back and inspects his breath wounds quickly and starts to treat them as best he can.

Heal Check w/ Know-Anatomy: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20

Poison Save: 1d20 + 5 - 7 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 7 + 4 = 5DC19

CRITICAL/DISABLED/POISONED(STRENGTH-IMMOBLE)- 16/-2 (3 round)

Thout has advanced to Poisoned: Strength: Immobile. He is STABLIZED NOW.
Immobile: A character rendered immobile by Strength poison cannot move her body at all. He is helpless and can take only purely mental actions.

Edan looks at Soros and the rest of them with a look of deep concern. "He is getting worse! The wounds and the poison are too much for him. The best I can do is treat the wounds and help him fight the poison but I fear this is beyond my ability!


Grazed Female Human (Flan) Fighter 1; HP 11/8; Grazed: 8; Wounded: 5; Critical: 2; DR: 1/- || AC 17 || T 12 || FF 15; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2; Init +2; Per +6; SM +2; Stealth +2; CMB +4; CMD 16; Spd 30 ft. Current AC 16/12/14

”Who poisoned him? We need the...ambi..dandy...antidope!” Naia blurts, clearly flustered and worried in equal parts.


Male human (Oeridian) cleric (herald caller) of St. Cuthbert; HP 11/11; AC 14; F +4 R +0 W +5; Perception +3; Inspiration: 2

Peran looks down on the poor dead animal.

"Blessing of St. Cuthbert on you brave beast. I hope we can find your mistress before the same fate befalls her!"

He gets up and examines the area around them for any signs of where the murderer could have gone.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


M Wood Olf | HP11/11 Healthy | AC16 F14 T12 CMD16 | F+2 R+6 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc+7 SM+1 Stealth+8 Survival+5 Ranger (Divine Marksman) 1

Something ELSE? Not a good day . . .. The elf tries to lighten his step, turning to look behind the stairs as he cautiously descends.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 +2 Goblinoids

2,301 to 2,350 of 2,536 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Old School Greyhawk Campaign Discussion (Saltmarsh and the Old East Road) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.