Nevis Lodge: Mists of Mwangi PFS pbp (Inactive)

Game Master Deevor

Pathfinder Lugizar Trantos recently returned from the Mwangi Expanse with haunted eyes and a pack full of strange idols. Absalom's famed Blakros Museum purchased his pieces and Lugizar vanished.


1 to 50 of 98 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

It's been quiet around the Pathfinder Lodge in Absalom for a couple of days, Pathfinders are getting restless, thank the heavens and Gozreh that the sun has been warming the city perched up on high in the bluest of blue skies. It is about lunchtime when a note is passed placed on your dormitory beds.

Please come to my instruction room at 5 bells tonight, I have a mission of some import. Take the time this day to ready yourselves and buy all the equipment you will need to complete this society task. You have most of the day to achieve that. I will fill you in on the details of your simple task when you arrive.

Yours faithfully, Venture-Captain Adril Hestram.

Please make sure your character sheets contain all the equipment you own, before the meeting with Venture-Captain Adril Hestram.

The Exchange

AC 4 hp 5/8 Paralyze/Poison 13, Rod/Staff/Wand 14, Petrify/Polymorph 12, Breath Weapon 16, Spells 15

hum should a go and buy those pearls of power, or should i keep saving up for that mithril breastplate.

Cheeking the note again, Al Suresh walks out the door of his Hostel and walk toward the merchant quarter of absalom

Grand Lodge

Male NG Half-elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) | HP 7/7 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 1 |F +1 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +11 | SM +1 | Speed 30ft | ?? | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None

Although a little bored and ready to see the 'simple task' that was mentioned in the note, Slyph was likely about as battle-ready as a goblin with a twig thrown into a dungeon full of hungry wolverines. He would be far more useful as support, and would have to decline the task or mission of there wasn't someone he could hide behind while casting his spells.

With very little he could get, and not knowing the general destination getting further 'supplies' was difficult.

For example; Depending on traveling he might get a donkey/cart combination.

Slyph with nothing else really to do enjoyed a nice lunch before arriving a little early at the instruction room, his backpack his only real gear he plans on taking with him.

Grand Lodge

Male Agathion Blooded Aasimar Oracle (Life) 8 / Paladin 2

Pete was excited to hear that the Pathfinders have finally gotten around to sending him out to do some good. He had been waiting for this opportunity for weeks now and was beginning to feel like he was being passed over due to his handicaps.

Gathering his meager gear, Pete strode out into the afternoon, headed for the instruction room. The note which would lead him to his first adventure as a Pathfinder was tucked safely in his belt.

Let me know if we actually need to make character introductions once everyone is assembled or if we are assuming we have at least briefly met during our stay in the dorms.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

You will need to introduce your characters to one another at the appropriate time, I would not assume you know each other.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

The sound of the bells recedes into the late afternoon, early evening as you enter the magnificent five towered fortress at the centre of the The grand Lodge, the building known as Skyreach. You quickly make your way, to one of the meeting rooms you used so often in your recently completed training, the grey stone floor at the door, is slightly curved and worn down by the many Pathfinders that have passed through the portal. There is a click, that echoes down the corridor, as the door is un;ocked and Venture-Captain Adril Hestram bids you enter. "Please sit down, you may introduce yourselves to one anothetr after I'm gone. First though let us get on with the task in hand."

He coughs a deep throaty sound as he clears the way for his voice to boom out.

"“The Blakros Museum is cursed. Some darkness has descended upon the place and those who enter are blasted with evil and left raving through its halls, more beast than men. The curator, Nigel Aldain, is an old associate of the Society, though he chose to leave our organization some years back after a disagreement.” Adril looked sheepish then, as if remembering some distasteful incident from his youth.

He continues, “Nigel has long denied the Society access to the Blakros Museum’s considerable collection of relics and scrolls, using his extensive contacts to nab several excellent finds right out from under us... he always had a nose for the hunt. Whatever is past between Nigel and the Society, he needs our help now.
Perhaps if we can come to his aid, he may think on rejoining the Pathfinder Society, or at least offering to share his discoveries with us.”

“Apparently the trouble at Blakros Museum began this early morning, shortly after a wayward Pathfinder named Lugizar Trantos returned to Absalom after months spent in the Mwangi Expanse. Supposedly, instead of coming straight to the Lodge to report in, he went to Blakros, sold his finds to Nigel, and then disappeared with a hefty sum of gold. The few who glimpsed Lugizar claimed he was much changed by his time in the Mwangi... gaunt, his eyes yellowed and unfocused, a strange rasping cough that seemed to wrack his now wasted frame. Whatever he brought back with him, we believe it is the cause of the Blakros Museum’s ills. Root it out.”"

"Any questions, we'd like this little problem resolved by morning. To that end, I have a map to help you." he finishes.

"Questions?"

Please let me know if you cannot see the picture of Adril Hestram or the map.

The Exchange

AC 4 hp 5/8 Paralyze/Poison 13, Rod/Staff/Wand 14, Petrify/Polymorph 12, Breath Weapon 16, Spells 15

Map works fine Mr DM

Grand Lodge

Male Agathion Blooded Aasimar Oracle (Life) 8 / Paladin 2

Pete shifts his feat, obviously uneasy at the thought of being blasted with evil and left as a raving beast.

He then speaks softly and clearly, "I'm sorry, but if those who enter the museum are blasted with evil, how is sending us inside to join those already cursed going to help?" He thinks to himself for a moment and then adds, "You mentioned that this Lugizar sold goods to the museum and then disappeared. Any word or idea on his current whereabouts? Understanding what exactly he brought back might be a good place to start, rather than rushing headlong into a building full of curses."

Pete has some training in Knowledge: History on the off chance that it might be of use in determining more about the scrolls, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be of much use.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard 1 | HP: 9/9 | F:2 R:6 W:4 | AC: 14 T:14 FF:11 | INIT: +5 PERPT: +7 | SPEED: 30 |

Grimage had slinked in while Adril was speaking. It was not the sort of grand entrance that a bard likes to make, but that's what he got for being late. A bit red-faced Grimage sat down and gave a slight nod to the two other Pathfinders seated at the table. He did not have a clue who they were but he figured that polite behavior would get him far on his first adventure with the Pathfinder Society.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Half-elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) | HP 7/7 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 1 |F +1 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +11 | SM +1 | Speed 30ft | ?? | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None

"Maybe also get as many details of the symptoms he was showing and ask a cleric, healer or anthropologist. If it's a simple disease, knowing what it is, how to get it and how to prevent it could be very important in... umm... not dying or getting cursed..."

The thought of curses and diseases didn't sit well with him, he wasn't the most able bodied in the room and was far more likely to hide than face something head on.

Slyph looks over the map and frowns a little. "I don't suppose we have any details of traps or dangerous areas from before being denied? I certainly don't want to walk into a pit if we should know if it ahead of time..."

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Roll knowledge(history for information on Mwangi. Roll knowledge(local) or Diplomacy for information on Lugizar Trantos.

Adril's eyes open wide, his face reddens at Pete's words, "Does this frighten you?" he looks down at his desk and picks up his papers, looking at each in turn. "No, you've all passed your training, Al Suresh has even been on several missions before. This is surely a mission you can excel at to enhance your reputations in the Society, otherwise you wouldn't have been chosen."

He sighs loudly and shrugs, "This evil is still young, it's hold over the Blakros Museum is not as strong as it might become, if we don't take action now to seek out its source and cleanse the museum. As I said Lugizar only arrived this morning, when he went straight to the museum, he is probably still there. We don't know what he bought back from the Mwangi, it would seem he was selling some objects to Nigel the curator for the museum's collection. If we can help Nigel in this, it is hoped that he will allow the Society, that you represent, access to its treasures and knowledge."

Shaking his head from side to side, "Traps, its a museum, with public areas where people can go freely to visit and look at the exhibits, what do you think?" He shuffles the papers once more, looking down at one with a frown over his head, "You have one among you with skills in healing, though not a cleric, Pete can surely understand the symptoms and provide you with care should you need it. Once we are done with these questions, acquaint yourselves with one another, your training will see you through."

Grand Lodge

Male NG Half-elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) | HP 7/7 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 1 |F +1 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +11 | SM +1 | Speed 30ft | ?? | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 - what do I learn?
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Slyph remained unconvinced about there not being traps, but he had no convincing reasons to insist on it; Perhaps what was on display had traps near/around it, maybe it was only active at night.

Slyph looked between the halfling and the human not sure which was the healer he would ask questions of. Guess that would come up when they were dismissed.

The Exchange

AC 4 hp 5/8 Paralyze/Poison 13, Rod/Staff/Wand 14, Petrify/Polymorph 12, Breath Weapon 16, Spells 15

Bowing to the VC: "Indeed i have Venerable Venture Captain, it will be my Honor to serve the pathfinders. I will strive to bring all these new recruits back to you with a mission accomplished. The sages Whang Tian Shin had always said that one's temper must be forged like on's katana, ten thousand folds."

Pausing for a split second," We should make all due haste toward this task appointed to us by this Honorable Elder, for is this Lugizar is still in the museum, with trouble afoot his life might be in danger as we speak."

And with that last sentence Al Suresh bows again toward the VC.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

When making knowledge checks can you also include whether you are trained or untrained (ranks taken or not)...Thanks

Slyph Darabecker:

Not sure if you are new to the Pathfinder rules or not but..

When using knowledge(something), you need ranks in the knowledge to get a result over 10. Looking at your character sheet, I didn't see knowledge(history) having any ranks in it, which means you would not get a result of higher than 10. The same rule applies to Knowledge(Local) even though it is also a class skill. However, assuming you are new, just this once I will give you an upper limit bonus, so you get a score of 15.

You recall in your recent trip to the Lodge's library, you remember working in the Mwangi section and in your spare time reading a few bits and pieces.

Much of the Mwangi’s darkest interior worships a demon lord named Angazhan, who is described in the Book of the Damned as a thing of primordial darkness, a foul-breathed demon who grunts prophecies of blood to apes and madmen. The jungle is his beating heart.

The Gorilla King’s dread city was founded hundreds of years past by cultists who bowed to Angazhan. It is said they captured the souls of monkeys in the wood-grains of strange idols called Tik Taan. The monkeys’ tormented spirits became the slaves and playthings of Angazhan, who murdered their playful whims and replaced them with a deep-seated hate and wild madness. These Tik Taan are rumored to shred the sanity of anyone who spends too long in their presence.

Grand Lodge

Male Agathion Blooded Aasimar Oracle (Life) 8 / Paladin 2

Pete stands firm through the tongue lashing, and curses himself for not being a bit more bold. He is supposed to be a Pathfinder now after all! Showing discomfort is something he can ill afford at this point in his career.

He nods to the venture captain and says, "Sir, you can count on me to do my best and to follow your directions completely. If my skills can be of use in any way you can rest assured that they will be applied to their fullest to resolve this matter and determine the source of the malady currently at work within the location."

With that he awaits any further questions from the rest of the Pathfinders gathered in the room and for the venture captain to make his exit.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard 1 | HP: 9/9 | F:2 R:6 W:4 | AC: 14 T:14 FF:11 | INIT: +5 PERPT: +7 | SPEED: 30 |

Grimage sat listening to what everyone had to say and was a bit skeptical of the Venture-Captain. As far as he was concerned the adventure captain knew more than he was letting on about this "wayward Pathfinder".

"Excuse me Venture-Captain but it seems that you should have more information about a wayward Pathfinder. An organization as great as this after all would keep detailed records. Is there perhaps more we should know about this Lugizar?"

DM I would like to roll for Diplomacy but I am not sure what the protocol is. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard 1 | HP: 9/9 | F:2 R:6 W:4 | AC: 14 T:14 FF:11 | INIT: +5 PERPT: +7 | SPEED: 30 |

The modifier was only supposed to be 5 so my roll is actually a 6. Sorry!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 1

A tall elf women enters the room quietly as not to draw attention to her lateness. She carries a longbow on her back. She stands in the corner picking up the thread of conversation. After a few minutes she asks,

"Is there any way we could question Nigel Aldain? I would like to hear his story in more detail.

Do I know anything about the Mwangi expanse?

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

The Exchange

AC 4 hp 5/8 Paralyze/Poison 13, Rod/Staff/Wand 14, Petrify/Polymorph 12, Breath Weapon 16, Spells 15

turning toward the elven woman: "I believe that is is safe to assume that the Honorable Curator has to everything he knew to the Revered Elder Venture Captain, whom has told us of everything he knew to us. Don't you think O Long Lived One? Its like Tinah Zhou Pey once said: If the silk worm has left its hiding place, then why doesn't the Wise men grab it?"

Grand Lodge

Male NG Half-elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) | HP 7/7 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 1 |F +1 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +11 | SM +1 | Speed 30ft | ?? | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None

DM:

Spoiler:
Wow didn't know that, must have missed it; I'll go over skills again in my book.

I'll also look up dice rules on here, could be quite useful.

edit: I am guessing they have minimal support for BBCode and Dice rolling, oh well...

Is there a shortcut to specify if it's trained or not? Perhaps an asterisk, so *Knowledge, or (T)Knowledge, or Knowledge(history,T)?

The Exchange

AC 4 hp 5/8 Paralyze/Poison 13, Rod/Staff/Wand 14, Petrify/Polymorph 12, Breath Weapon 16, Spells 15

Sylph you can't use a knowledge skill untrained.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Half-elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) | HP 7/7 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 1 |F +1 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +11 | SM +1 | Speed 30ft | ?? | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None

Guess I'm the ignorant fool then as well as squishy...

The Exchange

AC 4 hp 5/8 Paralyze/Poison 13, Rod/Staff/Wand 14, Petrify/Polymorph 12, Breath Weapon 16, Spells 15

indeed. Low int => few skills. (unless the sorcerer is of the Sage wildblooded Bloodline

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Untrained knowledge checks have a max result of 10 for DC, even if you roll more. There are exceptions, but i'll let you find them out yourselves....:) No worries about that, we all learn as we go along, some of us have been around for some time and picked up a few more rules...but we aren't infallible.

As for untrained ... Unt. will do and Tr. for trained .. :)

Everyone OK for rolling dice here ..
Skill, e.g. Perception [ dice ] 1d20+2 [ /dice ] but remove the spaces around 'dice' and 1d20+2. so you get...
Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Grand Lodge

Male NG Half-elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) | HP 7/7 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 1 |F +1 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +11 | SM +1 | Speed 30ft | ?? | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None

Basic dice rolling yes, however I've seen elsewhere codes used to customize the outcum: Dropping dice, getting the highest/lowest of a particular set, etc. The documentation here on Paizo doesn't get into depth so I'm assuming dice and BBCode both have minimum features.

Unt. and Tr., k I will try and remember.. Anyways enough babble, on with the show/game.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Unfortunately for you Venture Captain Adril's mind seems to wander on his next task, "What yes, Mwangi, Pathfinder Luzigar, hmm!" he scratches his head, "No, no, I can't remember, you will know what to do, you can work it out. Now if you'll just go back to your rooms and finalise your arrangements and introduce yourselves, you seem stangers to one another. If you are quick you can finish this mission before bed." says the Venture-Captain.

The day has darkened and night has descended on Absalom, by the time you have left your briefing room. You return to your rooms, where each of you finds a note tucked into the top of your bed. The note is sealed and official looking, you recognise the seal, it is important for you to open and read you special mission, this is your faction mission..

It is about 30 minutes later that you meet up and start the journey to Blakros Museum.

Introduce yourselves to one another if you want to on the way there.

@Grimage and @Lyrian you didn't elicit any further information about the mission or its background.

For the faction missions, for those in the same faction, you can work together, because if one succeeds in achieving the objective, you all succeed.

You may elicit the help of players not in your faction to help you achieve your objective. For instance if they have a skill that is needed for you to succeed. How you convince that character to help is up to you and an opportunity for good role playing.

Grimage, Rom the Unchained, Bloody Blind Pete, Lyrian Alanna:

Andoran, Silver Crusade
Firebrand of Freedom,
You light the way to a better age with your continued bravery. I can’t express enough how grateful our nation is for your peerless service. We once more have desperate need of your talents. An agent of ours is in peril. His name is Sheg Wraithbane, a half-orc adventurer of note who was keeping tabs on the Blakros Museum for us, posing as a night watchman. We fear for his safety. A strange curse has befallen the place and we’ve no word from him. Find him. If he lives, bring him safely from that accursed place. If he has perished, then you must bring his collection of keys to me immediately. He wears them on a ring on his belt. I would trust this task to no other. May your sword arm know no equal, may your wits prove thrice as fast as your foes.
Sincerely Yours,
Captain Colson Maldris

Sylph Darabecker:

Osirion, Grand Lodge
Most Worthy One,
The Ruby Prince loves his subjects as you well know, but even he has enemies among Osirion’s greatest families. The Matl family has long proven a thorn in his side, and indeed their duplicitous brood has plagued our great nation for centuries, ever since Lakma the Usurper claimed control over the family’s destiny. Thankfully the arm of history is long-reaching, and we at court have long suspected Lakma’s treachery. The true ancestor of the Matl family was one Taltuma-Matl, a wise servant of the pharaohs. His true will was never discovered, and in it he most likely names a distant cousin as the beneficiary of his family’s wealth and honors (knowing full well his closer kin, Lakma, was nothing but a vile, self-serving wretch). It has come to our attention that Taltuma’s remains are housed at the Blakros Museum, beyond our reach. We believe his last will was interred with him. Find it. If we can prove Lakma had no legitimate claim to his family’s holdings, we can embarrass his descendants at court who vex the Ruby Prince, thus solidifying his power and perhaps even paving our way to glory.
Osirion Faction Handout
In Unfathomable Gratitude,
Amenopheus, The Sapphire Sage

Al Suresh Khalida:

Quadiran, Lantern Lodge
Golden Servant of Qadira,
We are, as ever, interested in the ebb and flow of great treasures. The Blakros Museum in Absalom houses some of the world’s most interesting oddities and trades them freely with the world at large. Our satrap would know where these treasures flow to and at what cost. As you pursue whatever dust devil of foolishness the Pathfinder Society
would have you chase in Blakros, be sure to keep an eye out for the museum’s accounts and records of transactions. Retrieve them for me and your glory will know no bounds.
A Fellow Servant of the Satrap,
Pasha Muhlia Al-Jakri
Qadira Faction Handout
x

Grand Lodge

Male NG Half-elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) | HP 7/7 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 1 |F +1 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +11 | SM +1 | Speed 30ft | ?? | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None

I'm the only one then from grand lodge? What of Lyrian? If that's the case I ask everyone to make sure you're faction is correct (for that alias).

Slyph folds the note up and puts it in his pack for later reference.

Upon them all meeting up, they begin their short trek to Blakros Museum.

Slyph doesn't look the warrior type, lack of armor and only having a spear and backpack of anything that was obvious aside from his basic traveling gear.

"Since we're all working together, I'm Slyph, Slyph Darabecker. I'm not a melee fighter, but I can try and help at range. I mostly have general purpose spells for use."

Slyph was ready to hear disgruntled sounds from companions as it was somewhat known spell casters rarely take watch at night, assuming they would be in there over night.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard 1 | HP: 9/9 | F:2 R:6 W:4 | AC: 14 T:14 FF:11 | INIT: +5 PERPT: +7 | SPEED: 30 |

Grimage tucked his note away into his backpack along with his prized flute and the rest of his travel gear. With that done he donned his armor and carefully hid away his dagger before he arranged his colorful entertainer's garb. Even though he needed to be prepared for battle, it was always a bard's burden to have to look good. With those tasks done he picked up his sling staff and went to meet up with his fellow adventurers.

When he approached the other Pathfinders he bowed deeply and said, "Happy to meet all you fine adventurers. Name's Grimage and I guess you could say I am in the entertainment business! Though I can also hold my own with a well placed stone."

Grimage suppressed a chuckle at his own rhyme and fell quiet careful not to dominate the whole conversation as bards could do.

The Exchange

AC 4 hp 5/8 Paralyze/Poison 13, Rod/Staff/Wand 14, Petrify/Polymorph 12, Breath Weapon 16, Spells 15

Turning toward the party and bowing to everyone:"Honorable Pathfinders, i am Al Suresh Khalida, and it will be my privilege and distinct satisfaction to be coming to assist you all. I am a Bounty Hunter. And with that he polity waits for everyone.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides
Slyph Darabecker wrote:

I'm the only one then from grand lodge? What of Lyrian? If that's the case I ask everyone to make sure you're faction is correct (for that alias).

On the discussion thread, Lyrian is in the Andoran faction, the character's showing a the default badge.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Half-elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) | HP 7/7 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 1 |F +1 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +11 | SM +1 | Speed 30ft | ?? | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None

mmm, sorry if I'm making it difficult; I tend not to look at others character sheets or looking beyond what's easily and publicly available, or discovered/exposed/learned during the course of the campaign.

Grand Lodge

Male Agathion Blooded Aasimar Oracle (Life) 8 / Paladin 2

Pete takes a moment to focus on the note, holding it far too close to his eyes and squinting at the small lettering it contains. After a fairly considerable period of this he frowns slightly and tucks the note away into a pouch at his belt.

He turns towards the assembled members of the group and speaks in a deep and even voice, "I greet you, my fellow Pathfinders, and thank you for your patience with me, my eyes have long since failed me and reading takes its toll on what vision I have left." He adjusts his robes slightly, obviously fidgeting but trying his best to hide it within the innocuous movement. "My name is Peter De'Mortis, Pete if you will, and I am a follower and priest of the goddess Sarenrae. It is my deepest hope that I will be able to provide whatever aid and skill the goddess deems fit to grant me during our mission."

For visual purposes, since Pete's appearance is an important part of his character, I will provide the text from his character physical description

For most, Pete is horrid to behold, yet carries himself with an almost angelic demeanor. His eyes are clouded over and never seem to properly focus in one spot and his skin is covered in scabs and boils. His clothing is generally moist from all of the fluids that leak from the sores covering his body. His is of average height and weight, with black hair that is quite disheveled.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides
Slyph Darabecker wrote:
mmm, sorry if I'm making it difficult; I tend not to look at others character sheets or looking beyond what's easily and publicly available, or discovered/exposed/learned during the course of the campaign.

No worries Sylph

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 1

Lyrian turns toward the others.
"My name is Lyrian Alanna. My skills lie at a range with the longbow. It's a pleasure to meet you all. Does anyone propose a course of action?"

Grand Lodge

Male NG Half-elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) | HP 7/7 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 1 |F +1 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +11 | SM +1 | Speed 30ft | ?? | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None

"Don't die?" Slyph replied tentatively, knowing it wasn't what she was asking, but broke the silence that went on for the last minute or so after she asked it.

The black haired half breed pushed the edge of his hat up to peer towards the museum that wasn't too far off from them. 'Curses' rang through his head and a frown went over his lips as he hoped it wouldn't be something they couldn't handle, then again with most of them rather new they had to give them something that shouldn't kill them outright so there was that right?

"I suppose if there's someone there when we arrive, we can get more information; If there isn't proceed carefully and look for the wil-err.. causes of the recent problems..."

Slyph turned to look at the short yet cheery halfling. "Do you think he was hiding something from us? Something embarrassing or discouraging?". The question was brought up from Grimage's question to Adril for more information, that had seemed to agitate him.

No, slyph still wasn't ready for battle, still as ready as a goblin with a twig... and a spell...

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

You continue on your way, talking and getting to know one another until the Blakros Museum rises into the night sky, its single black spire severing the full moon in twain. The black iron gates surrounding the exhibition hall grind in protest against the wind. Beyond, the museum's large oaken doors stand wide open, a silver grey mist belching forth from the cavernous darkness within.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Half-elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) | HP 7/7 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 1 |F +1 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +11 | SM +1 | Speed 30ft | ?? | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None

Slyph looks over the mist and the darkness, then reached over unclasping the spear from his side and touching the end to the ground. No he wasn't arming himself, rather had he a torch or something else he could use that would have been preferred, but the spear worked too.

Slyph said a quick simple incantation as the magics and knowledge flooded him in a way mages were envious; Touching the metal tip of the spear it quickly and immediately illuminated the nearby area with the same strength as a torch. This left him feeling just a little bit better.

"This should be good for a little while..." he muttered knowing it would last for several minutes before needing a recharge.

The Exchange

AC 4 hp 5/8 Paralyze/Poison 13, Rod/Staff/Wand 14, Petrify/Polymorph 12, Breath Weapon 16, Spells 15

b]I can't believe i am here again...[/b] and with that statement Al Suresh cast a light spell on the tip of his scimitar, and draws a sap.

Spring loaded wrist : wand of CLW. Sap attached by weapon Cord, same with scimitar.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard 1 | HP: 9/9 | F:2 R:6 W:4 | AC: 14 T:14 FF:11 | INIT: +5 PERPT: +7 | SPEED: 30 |

"It is my business to be mistrustful sometimes Slyph, but I still certainly find it hard to believe that Adril was totally forthcoming anyway."

Grimage eyed the museum and felt that tingling fearlessness that a lot of Halflings felt. His natural adventurous nature began to take over and he was actually eager to see what that mist was beckoning him towards.

"Well should we just waltz right in?" Grimage said before taking the sizable button that he had always carried with him since he swiped it from a giant out of his pocket and cast his own light spell on it.

The Exchange

AC 4 hp 5/8 Paralyze/Poison 13, Rod/Staff/Wand 14, Petrify/Polymorph 12, Breath Weapon 16, Spells 15

Yes, honorable bard. The museum isn't that big i have been here not too long ago in order to rescue twin girls. And like tonight speed was of utter importance and we had managed to clear the museum under 15 min. So cast you long and medium duration defensive spells and lets go in. Shall i reminded you that Lugizard might still me inside? Pete and i will go in first you can take cover behind us.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Half-elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) | HP 7/7 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 1 |F +1 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +11 | SM +1 | Speed 30ft | ?? | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None

"Under fifteen minutes??" Slyph couldn't help but raise an eyebrow, the thought of two girls being kidnapped or held against their will here for... what reason?

It didn't seem like non-relevant information would help much, or might be a sore memory so instead he took the human's advice. "Can't hurt I guess..."

Slyph began to cast Mage Armor, his hands moving in specific patterns, soft words mumbled that combined together before touching his own chest and around him the magical energy charged. He had an hour before this would end, hopefully he wouldn't need to recast it.

Grand Lodge

Male Agathion Blooded Aasimar Oracle (Life) 8 / Paladin 2

Pete, on mention of his name, stepped up to the front of the group and removed the heavy shield from his back. He then drew forth a morningstar from his belt and nodded to his companions. As an afterthought he added, "The blessings of Sarenrae have allowed me to see in complete darkness, but anything beyond a few dozen feet and all is a blur to me. So please speak up if you see any distant threats, for I will surely be oblivious to them."

He then fell in line beside Al Suresh Khalida and mentally prepared himself for the mysteries awaiting them inside the museum.

The Exchange

AC 4 hp 5/8 Paralyze/Poison 13, Rod/Staff/Wand 14, Petrify/Polymorph 12, Breath Weapon 16, Spells 15

Don't worry pete, the biggest room is maximum 60ft long. Ok Honorable Pathfinder move in to the Rescue.

and we that Al suresh enters, with a few words of Arcane power pronounced, the dreaded museum when everyone has signaled to him that his was ready.[/b]

Cast Shield, Move In

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Bard 1 | HP: 9/9 | F:2 R:6 W:4 | AC: 14 T:14 FF:11 | INIT: +5 PERPT: +7 | SPEED: 30 |

Grimage put his pack on the ground and rummaged around for his flute. When that was done he replaced the pack on his back and slung the sling staff he was holding between the straps and his back. He thought his abilities to bolster his team's morale would be more important than his battle abilities at this point.

"Well I guess now is as good a time as any!"

Grimage quickened his step to fall into formation behind Al Suresh. As they walked towards the mist belching door that tingle Grimage always felt when he was doing something dangerous intensified. This was going to be fun!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 1

Lyrian draws her bow. She steps up to the front door and tries to open it a crack, trying to be quiet.

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

She peaks through:

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

The Exchange

AC 4 hp 5/8 Paralyze/Poison 13, Rod/Staff/Wand 14, Petrify/Polymorph 12, Breath Weapon 16, Spells 15
DM said wrote:
the museum's large oaken doors stand wide open, a silver grey mist belching forth from the cavernous darkness within

so lyrian you don't need to open them doors as they are allready opened. And you won't be able to see anything inside because of the grey mist.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 1

Sorry, I must have missed that

Lyrian draws her bow, nocks an arrow, and follows the others inside.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Invulnerable Rager 1 | HP 26 (28) | AC 14 (12), T 11 (9), FF 13 (11) | CMD 14 (14) | F +6 (+8), R +1 (+1), W +2 (+3) | INIT +3 | PERC +5 | RAGE 11/Day

Rom fingered the hilt of his fine, masterwork falchion. Steely determination and a quiet resolve had led him to be silent as the others discussed the mission, but the sight of the Blakros Museum made him spit a curse.

"By my ancestors, one day I will burn this place to the ground."

He carefully moved toward the front, staying behind the blind seer who through some fell power was leading the group through the darkness.

The Exchange

AC 4 hp 5/8 Paralyze/Poison 13, Rod/Staff/Wand 14, Petrify/Polymorph 12, Breath Weapon 16, Spells 15

That day may be seen by your descendants but probably not by you. the Blakros family has been around for 6 to 700 hundreds years and have so much wealth and power that it would still last them a bunch of generations even should they fall today.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

An unnatural cold permeates this chamber and the tendrils of silver-grey mist flowing out of the front archway into the courtyard beyond seem to effortlessly pierce the flesh and gently caress the bone in a cold embrace. The grand entranceway's vaulted ceiling is supported by six great pillars of hewn black stone. Braziers mounted on the pillars cast white radiance from balls of continual light. The light glimmers eerily in the silver haze that fills the atrium, giving the impression of something alien watching from the glowing fog.

Will save everyone please.

Party entering the Blackros Museum. Let me know if you can't see this.

1 to 50 of 98 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nevis Lodge: Mists of Mwangi Society pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.