Mothman's Jade Regent

Game Master Mothman

Jade Regent Adventure Path
Licktoad village map


951 to 994 of 994 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Marc's eyes rove the darkness under the building for sign of the elusive bow wielding goblin.

Perception roll as before; 19 total. Assuming he spots the goblin and is in range, he'll take a 5 foot step and try to strike it.

Lucerne Hammer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Grendel and Yumiko both hide themselves and look about, but don’t spy any other obvious threats.

Yumiko spys another rickety watchtower immediately to her east, the walkway ahead of her leading to an open doorway near its base. Beyond that, a walkway leads to a ruined, charred pile of rubble where another building once stood. To the southeast is another building with an open door leading to the walkway north of it, while beyond that is a large building (or several buildings all crammed closely together) with closed doors, shuttered windows and a thin trail of smoke rising up from a twisted metal chimney.


Marc sees the goblin lurking near the back of the space under the walkways and buildings, but can't easily reach her without ducking under the building and around its rickety timber support columns - things that may well hamper the long reach of his hammer.


Init Round 12:
Reta: 20
Xargin: 18
Haelynn: 17
Goblins: 15
Tannithil: 14
Yumiko: 11
Grendel: 9+
Marc: 7
Chuffy: 5+


As Marc watches, the bow wielding goblin appears to pull out a flask and consume something.

GM:
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Xargin, Haelynn, Tannithil, Yumiko, Grendel, Marc ...


Male Human Fighter / 3

Constitution Check: 1d20 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (12) + 1 - 3 = 10

Xargin's wounds slow their bleeding and his breath seems to calm to a more steady rate.

Stable on -3


Male Human Fighter / 3
DM Mothman wrote:
DM Mothman wrote:
Map updated.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout)/1

Do the rest of us know where she is?


Grendel Green wrote:
Do the rest of us know where she is?

'The one with the bow; she's down here under the building,' Marc calls to the others, hampered in his efforts to reach her.

Given Marc only managed a move action (perception check) last turn, I assume he is fine to call out in place of his other action?


Male Human Fighter / 3

Tannithil hears Marc's shout, and presses on, despite his wounds, not yet satisfied that his mistress has been avenged. He rushes out of the room, slides down a ladder, and starts to slog through the mud under the goblin buildings.

Goes down ladder at H16 and moves to E14


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout)/1

Seeing Tannithil rush down, Grendel follows, not really sure if he should be rushing into more danger. He lags a little behind his companion, not wanting to take another hit and wary of this last opponent.

Double move to E15


Female Aasimar (musetouched/tian-min) Oracle (life) 1

Moving over to Xargin, Haelynn kneels and touches his forehead. She whispers a prayer to the Eternal Rose.

She casts cure light wounds on him.

Healing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Brashen Trell wrote:

Tannithil hears Marc's shout, and presses on, despite his wounds, not yet satisfied that his mistress has been avenged. He rushes out of the room, slides down a ladder, and starts to slog through the mud under the goblin buildings.

Goes down ladder at H16 and moves to E14

I don’t think Tannithil can make it quite that far; I’ll put him at G13.

By the way, the space under the buildings and walkways counts as difficult terrain for medium characters.


Haelynn Kita wrote:

Moving over to Xargin, Haelynn kneels and touches his forehead. She whispers a prayer to the Eternal Rose.

She casts cure light wounds on him.

[dice=Healing]1d8+1

Xargin groans and comes around, though he’s still flat on his back.


Yumiko and Marc are still to act in this round.


Sorry on the delay everyone

Marc squats down, reluctant to crawl in under the building after the goblin, as much for the mud, as for the compromising position it would leave him in.

He decides for the alternate approach. holding his weapon defensively in front of him to ward off any further bow shots he kneels down so he can clearly see the hiding goblin.

'We have you surrounded, out-numbered, and out-armed,' he says. 'Continuing to fight can only have one outcome. Surrender and you will be shown mercy.'

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

EDIT: Well, that's a resounding fail!


Female Tiefling (oni/tian-min) Wizard (spellslinger) 1 (HP 7/7 AC:15 T:13 F:12 Sves F:+1 R:+3 W:+2 CMB:-1 CMD:12 Init:+3 Perc: +5) ; Itchy (-2 Dex, -2 Cha)

Yumiko readies an action to shoot any goblin she sees

(If required)
Ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


The goblin giggles at Marc. Yumiko can't see any other goblins.


Init Round 13:
Reta: 20
Xargin: 18
Haelynn: 17
Goblins: 15
Tannithil: 14
Yumiko: 11
Grendel: 9+
Marc: 7
Chuffy: 5+


The goblin under the walkway fires another arrow, this time her target is Tannithil.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Everyone's go. You can all make a free perception check on your turn.


Male Human Fighter / 3

Tannithil is on 2

Tannithil calls a challenge to the remaining goblin as he moves in to attack. "Prepare to pay the debt you incurred when you attacked my mistress, I intend to collect it in full!"

Move to D12, issue challenge and attack

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout)/1

Grendel slogs forward through the mud, trying to reach the combat. "Marc, get in there and cut her off from escaping!" He calls, knowing the slippery nature of this particular goblin.

Double move to C12

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Male Human Fighter / 3

Xargin's eyes flutter open and he smiles faintly up at Haelynn. "It appears I owe you another debt of gratitude, my lady."

He stands and chants calls on his power to heal himself further.

Stand, cast cure light wounds

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Xargin now on 8hp

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Grendel Green wrote:
Grendel slogs forward through the mud, trying to reach the combat. "Marc, get in there and cut her off from escaping!" He calls, knowing the slippery nature of this particular goblin.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Seeing Tannithil challenge the goblin, Marc is hesitant to continue his involvedment in the melee and thereby challenge the Samurai's honour. He sees the wisdom in the halfling's words though, so he ducks under the walkway to his right and moves around to the side of the building to try and get into a position to assist if needed, or to aid Tannithil should the samurai get in trouble.

Marc moves to E9 and readies and action


Female Aasimar (musetouched/tian-min) Oracle (life) 1

Haelynn moves, readying her longspear to attack.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Haelynn moves to I10 and readies an action.


Tannithil ducks awkwardly under the low walkways and stabs at the veiled goblin, but she turns aside his stab. Other members of the group close in from various sides.


Init Round 14:
Reta: 20
Xargin: 18
Haelynn: 17
Goblins: 15
Tannithil: 14
Yumiko: 11
Grendel: 9+
Marc: 7
Chuffy: 5+


The goblin warrior casts aside her bow and chops desperately at Tannithil with her dogslicer.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Everyone!


Male Human Fighter / 3

Tannithil slumps to the muddy ground, the world darkening around him. -1hp

Seeing his companions still in trouble, Xargin hastens to get closer to the action. Double move along the walkways to come down the ladder at E13


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout)/1

"Marc, flank the b+~&!!" Grendel calls, knowing he may be next to fall to the vicious goblin.

Hold action until Marc moves to engage. Assuming that becomes a flank attack..

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (1) = 4


Grendel's cry prompts Marc to strike out with his Lucerne hammer using it's long reach to bunch towards the goblin's back.

Lucerne Hammer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Female Aasimar (musetouched/tian-min) Oracle (life) 1

Following Marc's example, Haelynn moves towards the goblin and stabs forward with her longspear.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Female Tiefling (oni/tian-min) Wizard (spellslinger) 1 (HP 7/7 AC:15 T:13 F:12 Sves F:+1 R:+3 W:+2 CMB:-1 CMD:12 Init:+3 Perc: +5) ; Itchy (-2 Dex, -2 Cha)

Yumiko stays in her overwatch position (using the same crappy roll as before) until a goblin comes out into the open.


As Tannithil falls and Xargin tries to get closer to the action, Marc moves into a flanking position, striking clumsily past the supporting timbers and failing to hit the elusive goblin. However, this sets up Grendel’s attack – he strikes the goblin’s back as she turns to dodge Marc’s attack, eliciting a pained and angry shriek.


While Yumiko remains alert for other dangers, Haelynn closes in, but the cramped space also defeats her attack.


Init Round 15:
Reta: 20
Xargin: 18
Haelynn: 17
Tannithil: 14 (down on -1)
Yumiko: 11
Grendel: 9+
Marc: 7


Desperate and stupid, the goblin suddenly tries to make a break for it, dashing between Marc and Haelynn.

It uses the Withdraw action, so avoids an AoO from Grendel, but not from Marc or Haelynn – both take an AoO if you wish …


Female Aasimar (musetouched/tian-min) Oracle (life) 1

Seeing the goblin scurry forward, Haelynn stabs at it with her longspear.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Haelynn strikes but misses ...


His brow furrowed having missed yet again, Mark reverses his swing and desperately pulls it back in and effort to stop the fleeing goblin from getting away.

Lucerne Hammer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d12 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

urgh, more crappy roles! Not sure if a +2 flanking bonus is in order? (forgot to add that last attack as well


Female Aasimar (musetouched/tian-min) Oracle (life) 1

There was a flanking bonus?

951 to 994 of 994 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mothman's Jade Regent Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.