Mostly Tales of Yawning Portal with a few other modules (Inactive)

Game Master DoubleGold

Order of modules presented in recruitment.
Map
Inits:
[dice=init]4+1d20[/dice]Three
[dice=init]6+1d20[/dice]Elaith
[dice=init]3+1d20[/dice]Zakan
[dice=init]0+1d20[/dice]Yolanda


1 to 50 of 876 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Nako Male SkitterMancer Spacefarer Soldier 2: Init:5, Speed:35, EAC:14, KAC:16, HP:16/16, SP:18/18, RP:3/5, Perc:0, Lowlight

Dot here.


Female Mountain Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 18 | Init: +0 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Slots 1st - 3/3, 2nd - 2/2 |

dot


Nako Male SkitterMancer Spacefarer Soldier 2: Init:5, Speed:35, EAC:14, KAC:16, HP:16/16, SP:18/18, RP:3/5, Perc:0, Lowlight

Adventures find themselves in the town of Oakhurst, a town with population 900. They are in the Mayor's house. "Good morning adventures, you are probably wondering why I brought you all here. First, just near the sunless citadel, every year exactly one apple is sold. Not just any apple, but an apple that can cure any disease, and only one is sold yearly, don't know why. And this apple, it cost 50 gold and this town would like to study it. We try to plant seeds from the apple, but it don't work. I'm hoping you all can solve this mystery, as I'm willing to give you the gold for the apple. Second, a group of adventures traveled into the sunless citadel less than a month ago and never returned. Some of them are even merchants and wealthy."
They Mayors, looks nice, good furniture, tables made of Mahogany wood, well made table clothes, fine china, the silverware is actually about 1/4 silver, 3/4 stainless steel making it look nice but not tarnishing, and you are all sitting down have a nice breakfast with the mayor, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, oatmeal, fruit, you name it.


Female Elf (Drow Elf) Paladin 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 19 | Saves Str +2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5 | LoH 10/10

Sitting down at the table, a drow pokes at her food but taking a few bites of the oatmeal and fruit. Nileera had spent that previous evening at the inn, playing her lute and earning enough coin for a night. She asked the innkeeper if she could leave her bag in the room as she would like to perform again and stay another night.

Still wearing her travelling clothes, the dark skinned woman waits for the mayor to finish. A holy symbol of the elvish goddess of the moon sits on a silver chain around her neck. Looking around at the other people she has a few questions for the mayor of Oakhurst.

"Good morning to you as well mayor... I apologize I don't believe I caught your name. What is this Sunless Citadel that you speak of? I would have every intention of aiding you and purchasing the apple and searching for the missing adventurers."

Her voice is raspy from singing the night before, but still clear.

Think Stevie Nicks


Female Mountain Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 18 | Init: +0 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Slots 1st - 3/3, 2nd - 2/2 |

Yolanda tucks into the meal with the zest few (but a halfling) could match.

"A fine repasts yer Honor. So you want us to buy you an apple and look fer there lost merchants, is that right? Don't sound too tough, now does it friends?"

She gives the drow, once again, a long look...almost daring her to gainsay what she has said. It has been this way since they both joined the group months ago.
Time...give 'er time and she will show her true colors, and then, by Haela Brightaxe, I will ACT


Human Monk 4 Max HP: 27 | AC: 17 | Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: 0; Wis: +5; Cha: 0 | Initiative: +4

Three says nothing but eats like he hasn't in a while, occasionally sneaking more non-perishable foods into his pockets.

Three was rather non-descript, with permanent 5 o'clock shadow and functional and sturdy dark colored clothing. The only thing that really stood out about him is that his hair is white, even though he appeared to be in his late 20's. He kept it close-cropped, however.


Inactive

Elaith picks a couple of fruits as a light breakfast. "An apple that cures any disease and worth just 50 gold? I must study it."

"Indeed it does," the wizard agrees with the dwarf and addresses the mayor. "Is there any records about this apple? Who sells it? When did first appear? Any information would be of great interest to me... I mean us! We can help with the study, too."


Female Elf (Drow Elf) Paladin 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 19 | Saves Str +2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5 | LoH 10/10

Nileera brushed some of her silver hair to the side and could feel it.

She's staring at me again. When will she learn that the faithful of the Dark Lady are not evil. Well, she is a dwarf so that might take some time.

Without even looking at the dwarf, Nileera addresses her.

"Yolanda, are you doing that thing again? You can do that later while we are on the road, please be reasonable as we are guests in this town. While it doesn't sound too difficult, we can never be sure."


Female Mountain Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 18 | Init: +0 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Slots 1st - 3/3, 2nd - 2/2 |

With a hrumph!, Yolanda turns back to her meal, muttering into the porridge.


Inactive

Elaith can't help but chuckle a little at their usual banter.


Female Mountain Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 18 | Init: +0 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Slots 1st - 3/3, 2nd - 2/2 |

Hearing the elf chuckle, Yolanda shoots him a dirty look.

"She's one of yous...and I'll hold ya responsible when she finally turns on all of us!", she says in a low, husky voice.


Nako Male SkitterMancer Spacefarer Soldier 2: Init:5, Speed:35, EAC:14, KAC:16, HP:16/16, SP:18/18, RP:3/5, Perc:0, Lowlight

He replies with a smile happy to answer all your questions. The name is Mark Zandonburg. The Sunless Citadel is an underground building not far from here buried by the natural elements or the natural Earth due to time. A group of goblins sells it at a festival just outside the city, and they have been doing for years, problem is only one is sold each year, and we don't know anything else about it, so I was hoping you can help us.

Still waiting for the last of my players to dot in gameplay before I start.


Female Elf (Drow Elf) Paladin 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 19 | Saves Str +2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5 | LoH 10/10

Poking at her oatmeal, Nileera can't help but push some of the dwarvish woman's buttons.

"An elf like Elaith? Certainly you can tell the contrast in our skin my dear. Or is that why I will turn on you? Because my flesh is different? The Dark Maiden and the Luckmaiden have found common ground for centuries, perhaps we can do the same."


Human Monk 4 Max HP: 27 | AC: 17 | Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: 0; Wis: +5; Cha: 0 | Initiative: +4

Finally finishing, Three will say "so basically you want us to steal the secret of these apples from the goblins. Do you care what happens to them either way?"


Male HP:27/27 Ac:16 Half-Elf Rogue(3):Arcane Trickster

Eating quickly, but deliberately and with great care, the sly half-elf makes quick work of the meal. He has been listening quietly to the group, making careful note of each of them, but eating too quickly to speak. Seeing a pause in the conversation, and having finished eating, he begins.

"Is this apple in such a demand that we can simply walk in and buy it? Are there not others that desire such a thing? Will there be competition at this festival?"

Zakan sets the silverware he was using down on the plate lightly as he speaks, and waits for the mayor's reply.

So sorry, I missed that gameplay had started!


Nako Male SkitterMancer Spacefarer Soldier 2: Init:5, Speed:35, EAC:14, KAC:16, HP:16/16, SP:18/18, RP:3/5, Perc:0, Lowlight

The Mayor speaks in a deep, but serious and confident voice to let them know he means business
The apple is auctioned off, but it has never sold for more than 50 gold, which is what I'm paying you. Honestly, I don't care what happens to the goblins, but use caution. Interaction with the goblins outside of the auction, whether good or bad could make the situation better or worse. The goblins probably hold the secret to the apple or at least own the tree that produces them.
As you all finish breakfast, the Mayor sends the group the 50 gold to pay for the apple.
At the festival, the auction starts. A random traveler bids 10 gold, a centaur bids 25, and a single goblin not part of the tribe and all alone bids 40 gold. 4 Goblins all in the same tribe are auctioning off the square and magical apple. "40 gold going once..."


Inactive

Elaith raises his hand. "50 gold!"


Human Monk 4 Max HP: 27 | AC: 17 | Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: 0; Wis: +5; Cha: 0 | Initiative: +4

Three does not participate in the bidding, but instead mingles into the crowd, watching for signs of trouble.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Female Elf (Drow Elf) Paladin 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 19 | Saves Str +2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5 | LoH 10/10

During the festival, Nileera found a small stage to sing at, but made sure she had time to change into her armor before the auction.

Finding herself near the center with Yolanda, the drow rocks her hips to a tune only she can hear as she closed her eyes and listens for the out if the ordinary.

Divine Sense. Does anything register?

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Mountain Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 18 | Init: +0 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Slots 1st - 3/3, 2nd - 2/2 |

Yolanda keeps a watch on the Drow...not that she is protecting her or anything...even though she is a part of their party. Darn it all...why did things have to be complicated?

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Nako Male SkitterMancer Spacefarer Soldier 2: Init:5, Speed:35, EAC:14, KAC:16, HP:16/16, SP:18/18, RP:3/5, Perc:0, Lowlight

Elaith bids 50 gold 50 gold going once...going twice...sold
Three does not see any sign of trouble, but he isn't hiding from anyone, and he doesn't particularly stand out from anyone, as it is not like this is a festival only meant for a certain group of people, but for everyone.
Nileera does not detect any fiend, undead, or anything like that and she enjoys herself.
Yolanda finds out that the drow likes to have fun and that she isn't dull and boring.
Elaith the apple after coming up on stage to pay for it. Thank you everyone the goblins say in common and they gather their stuff and leave.


Male HP:27/27 Ac:16 Half-Elf Rogue(3):Arcane Trickster

Zakan sighs loudly and shakes his head as Eliath's hand shoots up.
You could have bet 41 gold and maybe we could have pocketed some of the extra gold

Leaning against a sign post Zakan whatches the bidding, taking interest in the goblins selling the Apple as well as the loner who bid.
40 gold pieces is a lot for one goblin to have.
perception: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Female Elf (Drow Elf) Paladin 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 19 | Saves Str +2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5 | LoH 10/10

Nileera grabs Yolanda by the hand and starts pushing her way through the crowd.

"Come on Yolanda. Looks like Elaith won, we should make sure nobody tries any funny business with the apple."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Inactive

Elaith examines the apple with great interest. "I guess this is it. Let's return to the mayor."

"Oh, but one small thing first." He opens his spellbook and conducts a detect magic ritual.

So, that's Detect Magic ritual. 10 minutes.
Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Can he figure out anything about the apple?


Female Mountain Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 18 | Init: +0 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Slots 1st - 3/3, 2nd - 2/2 |

"Yeah..ok..hey, stop pulling me! I dint have spidery legs like you do! I'm hurrying...I'm hurrying...yer gonna yank me arm off!"

The dwarf girl is mostly dragged through the crowd by the lithe and lithesome Drow lass.


Human Monk 4 Max HP: 27 | AC: 17 | Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: 0; Wis: +5; Cha: 0 | Initiative: +4

Three will try to tail the goblins and see where they go.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Human Monk 4 Max HP: 27 | AC: 17 | Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: 0; Wis: +5; Cha: 0 | Initiative: +4

Zakan:

Real quick, you might want to change how your class is spelled to Rogue. Otherwise, someone might thing you're playing a level 1 red.


Male HP:27/27 Ac:16 Half-Elf Rogue(3):Arcane Trickster

Good catch, thanks!


Nako Male SkitterMancer Spacefarer Soldier 2: Init:5, Speed:35, EAC:14, KAC:16, HP:16/16, SP:18/18, RP:3/5, Perc:0, Lowlight

Zakan: The goblins are just normal goblins, carrying nothing more than what a goblin carries. The lone goblins seems like he came from the town you were all just in.

Elaith: The apple is definitely magical and it does exactly what the mayor said it does.

Three: Are you following the goblins immediately, or are you giving them a head start? From what distance are you following them, as this will affect their perceptions and they will get negatives or pluses or advantage/disadvantage.


Human Monk 4 Max HP: 27 | AC: 17 | Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: 0; Wis: +5; Cha: 0 | Initiative: +4

I am going to follow them from about 30' away, and I am going to give them about a 1 round head-start.


Female Elf (Drow Elf) Paladin 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 19 | Saves Str +2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5 | LoH 10/10

Nileera continues to drag the shorter woman through the crowd, and she can't help but keep pushing buttons. Her next words come with a smile and a wink.

"Long legs, certainly, but spider? Definitely not. Unless you want to find out for yourself."

Finding themselves next to Elaith, she watches the elf concentrate on the fruit.

"So, Elaith, is it the correct Apple? Not something painted to look like it?"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Mountain Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 18 | Init: +0 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Slots 1st - 3/3, 2nd - 2/2 |

Finely able to pull her arm from the Drow's grip, Yolanda takes a moment to straighten her clothing and brush back her hair.

"You Drow are all part spider anyway..is that not what your goddess demands? Where else would you get those abominations known as Driders? Hurmph!"

Yolanda also turns her attention to the apple being held by Elaith.

"So that's it then. Doesn't look like much, but then I've never seen a 50gp apple before. Did you ask them about our missing people? Maybe they have seen them or can tell us if they ever got to their territory."


Inactive

"Ah... Missing people," Elaith scratches his head. "Sorry. That's slipped my mind."

He carefully puts the apple in one of the backpack's pockets. "But the apple is definitely the correct one."


Male HP:27/27 Ac:16 Half-Elf Rogue(3):Arcane Trickster

Is there anything else of interest being auctioned, and how far is it back to the mayor's? We could drop this off before searching around for the missing people so we don't lose it somehow.


Female Elf (Drow Elf) Paladin 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 19 | Saves Str +2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5 | LoH 10/10

Mother always said a dwarf would be a hard nut to crack.

Nileera seems taken aback by Yolanda's words. It should be expected, but the drow had never done any wrong.

"Yolanda, are you aware of the various deities of the Seldarine? There are more than one drow goddess. The one that you reference is Lolth is it not?"


Female Mountain Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 18 | Init: +0 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Slots 1st - 3/3, 2nd - 2/2 |

Yolanda blushes and mutters.

"Well maybe that was a bit uncalled fer, but I have enough trouble dealing with yer cousins and all the stories Pa use to tell of Drow raiders in the Deeps...

The dwarf woman just slowly tapers off her speech, letting it return to an inarticulate mumble until she looks up and addresses Nileera.

"Sorry...I am trying..."

Gruffly she wipes her had across her face and turns to address Elaith.

"Well lets catch up with 'em and see effen they know anything!"


Nako Male SkitterMancer Spacefarer Soldier 2: Init:5, Speed:35, EAC:14, KAC:16, HP:16/16, SP:18/18, RP:3/5, Perc:0, Lowlight

perception: 0 + 1d20 ⇒ 0 + (14) = 14 Three is unseen and notices They are headed in the path to the sunless citadel, about a mile down the road it is.
There is nothing else being auctioned off, and it is just a few miles from the Mayors house, you are talking 90 minute trip too and back.


Male HP:27/27 Ac:16 Half-Elf Rogue(3):Arcane Trickster

Zakan steps away from his post and mingles into the group. "Looks like we got what we were looking for, perhaps we should regroup with the mayor before heading off in search of those missing persons?" Zakan looks around and scratches behind his almost pointed half-elf ear. "Weren't there one more of us a second ago?"


Human Monk 4 Max HP: 27 | AC: 17 | Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: 0; Wis: +5; Cha: 0 | Initiative: +4

Ninja Vanish!


Female Elf (Drow Elf) Paladin 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 19 | Saves Str +2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5 | LoH 10/10

"As long as you try Yolanda. As for the matter with the apple, we probably should give the mayor the apple and then descend into the Sunless Citadel. We wouldn't want to lose the apple on our journey."

Bringing her cloaks good up over her face, the drow relaxes a bit.

"As much as I love the Land of Great Light, I much prefer moonlight to sunlight."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Inactive

"That's what generations of Drow living underground do, Nileera."

Elaith looks at the sky and squints, then looks around. "Let's first bring the apple back. But where's the other one? The human."


Nako Male SkitterMancer Spacefarer Soldier 2: Init:5, Speed:35, EAC:14, KAC:16, HP:16/16, SP:18/18, RP:3/5, Perc:0, Lowlight

Three, you following them all the way into the citadel, or just to see where it is. If you follow them all the way, 2 stealth checks, just to see where it is, one stealth check. You may also follow them and take them out all by yourself, since the first one you attack you will have advantage if you pass stealth as they will be surprised.


Nako Male SkitterMancer Spacefarer Soldier 2: Init:5, Speed:35, EAC:14, KAC:16, HP:16/16, SP:18/18, RP:3/5, Perc:0, Lowlight

Did the rest of you travel the Mayor's house, or you all waiting fro Three to return?


Female Mountain Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 18 | Init: +0 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Slots 1st - 3/3, 2nd - 2/2 |

Yolanda will travel to the mayor's house


Female Elf (Drow Elf) Paladin 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 19 | Saves Str +2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5 | LoH 10/10

As will Nileera


Male HP:27/27 Ac:16 Half-Elf Rogue(3):Arcane Trickster

"Well I expect he can take care of himself, let's get this back to the mayor then." Zakan says somewhat disheartened. He makes sure to stay behind Eliath and keeps a keen eye out for anyone looking suspicious.The day's not over yet, there may still be some action to be had. I thought adventuring would involve mystery and swordsmanship, not errand running. But there's still plenty of time for that I guess.

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 6


Human Monk 4 Max HP: 27 | AC: 17 | Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: 0; Wis: +5; Cha: 0 | Initiative: +4

GM:

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

My plan is to scout out the place while they head back to the mayor's office and deliver the apple. I'm specifically looking for a headcount of the number of goblins, if there are guards, that sort of thing. Since the mayor sounded like he knew where the citadel was located, I'll move back a ways and meet up with the party there.


Nako Male SkitterMancer Spacefarer Soldier 2: Init:5, Speed:35, EAC:14, KAC:16, HP:16/16, SP:18/18, RP:3/5, Perc:0, Lowlight

You all head back to the Mayor without trouble. Three does not notice any more goblins are or trouble, but can now tell you the exact spot the citadel is in as the Mayor only knew the general location. You all arrive at the Mayor's house with the apple. Three arrives three minutes late. Wow that was quick, I wasn't expecting you all to return immediately, but thanks.


Male HP:27/27 Ac:16 Half-Elf Rogue(3):Arcane Trickster

"Not a problem at all mayor," Zakan says with as regal a flourish as he can muster. "Glad we could be of assistance. We hope to be back again shortly with news of your missing persons. Before we head out again though it seems the topic of compensation slipped my mind when we last spoke. Is there any way could make finding these vanishers of yours more worth our while? Who knows what perils they have gotten themselves into."

Persuasion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Human Monk 4 Max HP: 27 | AC: 17 | Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: 0; Wis: +5; Cha: 0 | Initiative: +4

"Probably something to do with Goblins." says Three, who is standing in the back of the room though none of you recall seeing him enter.

1 to 50 of 876 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mostly Tales of Yawning Portal with other things All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.