Lucklesshero's:Shades of Ice III - Keep of the Huscarl King (recruitment closed) (Inactive)

Game Master lucklesshero

After rescuing Rognvald Skagni from an abandoned brewery in Whitethrone, the party discovers that, a senior Shadowlodge agent and several retainers have journeyed toward the lands of the Mammoth Lords to recover a powerful weapon.


451 to 500 of 520 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Mutagen:
+4Con, -2Cha l hp25/30 l AC21, T12, FF19 l Fort +7 // +4 Str, -2Int l AC21, T12, FF19 // +4Dex, -2Wis AC23, T14, FF19 l Ref +8, Will +2
Dwarf Trap-Breaker3 l hp 24/24 l AC19, T12, FF17 l F +5 R +6 W +3 Ini +2 l Bombs 8/8 l Perc +7* SM +1

After conferring with Analia to ensure that the language-magic was still active, Torvald advises Hiryla and his warrions, "In battle, I throw these clay balls, and the chemicals inside erupt with great bursts of fire. With considerable practice, I've been able to control the way they burst so that they avoid burning my allies, but even so it only works to a reasonable degree, so spread yourselves out amongst multiple enemies if possible!"

Basically just trying to advise that 3 is the maximum number of allies I can avoid with splash damage, without getting too meta.

The Concordance

Image Lava Gnome Evoker/Sorcerer 2/1 | hp 22/22 | AC 17(T13;FF15)|CMD 9(FF7)|F+2* R+2 W+3|Init+5|Spd 20|Vers Evoc 7/7|Effects:Endure Elem(cold only) Mage Armor
Skills:
Acro+2,Appraise+4,CraftSculpt+15,Know(Arcana/Religon+9/all others+8),Liguist+8,Perc+4,Sense Motive+0,Spellcraft+9,Survive+4(+6vsLost)

Lia uses the language magic as Torvald instructs.

"I think it wise that during combat, every ally should understand each other." and she uses the wand on all the Snowmasks present.

She then prepares herself with a charge from her own wand of mage armor, and when they get closer she will bring a flame to her hand, ready to throw upon first sighting of the shadowlodge agents.

1 charge of mage armor, and 5 charges from the wand of speak local language.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 7 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Ioun Torch) Channel (2d6) 5/5 | Rebuke Death (1d4+1) 6/6 | Touch of Glory (+3) 6/6

I have nothing to do while we are 5 minutes away.

Once we are about a minute away, I'll cast Shield of Faith and Blessed Fist on Craggark. I'll cast Firebelly on myself. Wand of Bless will be in my hand, but activation will wait until battle starts.

Silver Crusade

Mutagen:
+4Con, -2Cha l hp25/30 l AC21, T12, FF19 l Fort +7 // +4 Str, -2Int l AC21, T12, FF19 // +4Dex, -2Wis AC23, T14, FF19 l Ref +8, Will +2
Dwarf Trap-Breaker3 l hp 24/24 l AC19, T12, FF17 l F +5 R +6 W +3 Ini +2 l Bombs 8/8 l Perc +7* SM +1

Formulae Prepared:

Mutagen: Con/Cha

Formulae: Shield, True Strike, Cure Light Wounds, Expeditious Retreat

At the same time as Jawhar I'll drink my Shield potion, then ready to drink True Strike and make a throw at 5 range increments if possible.

Liberty's Edge

As they get closer, Myth will bring up the rear, bow drawn, using what cover he can find to conceal himself from the Shadow Lodge and keeping an eye out for their scouts...

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

The Exchange

Male Half-orc, Frostkin Brawler 2 | hp 21/21 | AC 18(t12;f16)| CMB+5 CMD 17 (f15) | F+5 R+5 W-1 *immune cold weather | init+2 | Perc+4 | SM-1 | Surv +1 | Speed 30 | Melee unarmed strike +5; 1d6+3

Craggark will drink his potion of Barkskin, thank Jawhar for his enchantment, and keep his eyes peeled.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Liberty's Edge

M Halfling | Swashbuckler (Mouser) 3 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 21 T 15 FF 17 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+3, CL 2/3 | Init:+5 | Per:+8 | SM: +0 | Speed 30' | Melee: Mwk Rapier, +9, 1d4+3+3 precision | Ranged: Longbow, +6, 1d6 | Panache: 1/3 | *Active Conditions: Shaken
Skills:
Skills Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +5, Perception +8, Profession (sailor) +4, Sleight of Hand +7, Stealth +10, Use Magic Device +8

Up front with Craggark, Jamir draws his bow and puts an arrow on the string, hoping to get off one clear shot from range before closing into melee.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


male Snows of Summer

Wind blows the snowdrifts in swirling masses around the Canyon making visibility limited. The bones of two ancient stone watchtowers rise from the ground like sentries set to guard the entrance to Ranulf’s Keep. Snow and ice still cover their base, making them inaccessible, but they mark the edge of the Huscarl’s Keep, just visible in the distance.

We enter sacred ground now Hiryla announces. Suddenly there's a hush as the wind blows the dust like snow away from the towers. A tall female wearing the robes of Nethys stands between the two towers. She holds an impressive looking Great axe. With a quick motion her axe springs alive, sheathed in flames. The four armed warriors with her, advance slowly. You have met the enemy.

initiative:

Jamir: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Craggark: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Analia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Torvald: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Myth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Jawhar: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Hiryla: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Yellow: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Red: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Green: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Blue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Orange: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Brown: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Pink: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Purple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Melkorka Skur: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
roll off Orange: 1d20 ⇒ 19
roll off Torvald: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Quick notes: let me know if you're wearing snow shoes or not. All snow is treated as difficult terrain but of coarse the snow shoes allow you to go 3/4 speed on snow. The Path in the middle is normal terrain except; if you wear snow shoes..you may still go 3/4 speed but because of the clumsy nature of the shoes you may not take a 5' step in them and acrobatic's checks increase by +4: also Map is map 2 slide 4

R 1

Myth
Green
Brown
Hiryla
Orange
Torvald
Yellow
Purple
Jamir
Analia
Jawhar
Craggark
Melkorka
Pink
Red
Blue

Ok big fight! have fun Myth remember u need to be within 30' for sneak attack to work with a ranged weapon ur stealth is 23..I put u behind a rock to represent you hiding and ranging from cover to cover as you made your way up the valley. Also Myth have you been tracking your arrows? Lastly Myth..need you to put up a basic stat bar next to your avatar ..I don't want to click on your character profile everytime I need to look up a save or your AC ect... thx...Myth is up!PS if you don't state whether or not you're wearing snow shoes; default is you are.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Sniper (Rogue) / 4th | HP:30/30 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+2 R:+9 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +10 | 30 ft | Shortbow +8 (1d6+2) | Light via Wayfinder |
Skills:
DD+14, KnLoc+4, KnDun+4, Stealth+15

Sorry GM, I had an alias version of Myth with a slightly different name and accidentally clicked on him for my last post...I have been tracking my arrows 'cept for the last two I shot (I was on mobile and couldn't access the spreadsheet and forgot afterwards). No snowshoes for Myth as I want to be able to do the 5' step if needed.

One quick question...can I fire over the rock that I'm hiding behind or do I have to step out?

The Concordance

Image Lava Gnome Evoker/Sorcerer 2/1 | hp 22/22 | AC 17(T13;FF15)|CMD 9(FF7)|F+2* R+2 W+3|Init+5|Spd 20|Vers Evoc 7/7|Effects:Endure Elem(cold only) Mage Armor
Skills:
Acro+2,Appraise+4,CraftSculpt+15,Know(Arcana/Religon+9/all others+8),Liguist+8,Perc+4,Sense Motive+0,Spellcraft+9,Survive+4(+6vsLost)

Lia trudges along in her snow shoes, her short strides made less difficult in the deep snow.

Gotta love that 15 move!

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Sniper (Rogue) / 4th | HP:30/30 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+2 R:+9 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +10 | 30 ft | Shortbow +8 (1d6+2) | Light via Wayfinder |
Skills:
DD+14, KnLoc+4, KnDun+4, Stealth+15

Never mind, fixing to go to bed and don't want to hold things up so I'll just move and shoot...

Myth will move 15' NE from behind the rock and fire an arrow at the flat-footed Melkorka...

Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 17

Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3


male Snows of Summer

GM rolls:
miss chance Myth: 1d100 ⇒ 57miss chance green: 1d100 ⇒ 58

Myth's shot flies true but, the projectile is stopped by some armor concealed beneath Melkorka's robes. Myth does notice a strange magical effect present around Melkorka once he's fired his arrow. Melkorka seems to be enveloped in a glowing filed of multicolored hues that make it hard to target her. The Green Kellid warrior, un-afraid; advances toward Melkorka and hurls a javelin at her. Javelin: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 2 = 16 dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 His hurled shot is just a little too far and also lacks the kinetic energy needed to pierce her chain mail.

The brown Shadow lodge agent steps forward on to the path and draws his long bow firing a shot at the red Kellid warrior. L bow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 However the brown warriors shot goes wide. Next Hiryla himself steps up. Moving quickly but not foolishly in front of his men to the front of the line. (double move) The Orange shadow lodge warrior trudges through the snow and takes a shot at the advancing chieftain, with his longbow L bow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 At last the first blood of the battle has been spilled as an arrow whizzes at Hiryla's face grazing his cheek.

R 1

Myth
Green
Brown
Hiryla (-5hp)
Orange
Torvald
Yellow
Purple
Jamir
Analia
Jawhar
Craggark
Melkorka
Pink
Red
Blue

bold can go

Silver Crusade

Mutagen:
+4Con, -2Cha l hp25/30 l AC21, T12, FF19 l Fort +7 // +4 Str, -2Int l AC21, T12, FF19 // +4Dex, -2Wis AC23, T14, FF19 l Ref +8, Will +2
Dwarf Trap-Breaker3 l hp 24/24 l AC19, T12, FF17 l F +5 R +6 W +3 Ini +2 l Bombs 8/8 l Perc +7* SM +1

May I assume my Ready Action has already triggered and I have a True Strike effect active?


male Snows of Summer

Torvald:
sorry missed ur readied action Torvald um but isn't ingesting an elixir a standard action? I think it is (same as a spell I think) so this round you can drink your true strike (Your shield is already active say last round), then well you can't attack but you can move up to 15' (snow shoes). I'll leave your pawn where it is for now you can move it up to 15' anytime before your next turn if you like. 1 more thing Torvald: "Are your HP 24 before or after you took your mutagen? If you haven't adjusted them on the statbar..please do now along with the AC adjustment from shield."thx

Torvald downs another elixir. The Yellow Kellid, trods through the snow, keeping pace with his chief.(double move) The Purple shadow lodge warrior also moves up in the thigh deep snow and fires his long bow at the blue Kellid. L bow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 The wind catches the arrow however, and the shot sails a little long.

R 1

Myth
Green (bless)
Brown
Hiryla (-5hp)
Orange
Torvald (con Mutgen, shield,bless, true strike next round)
Yellow
Purple
Jamir (bless)
Analia (bless, mage armor)
Jawhar (bless,fire belly)
Craggark (Barkskin,bless (R1),blessed fist (R2), shield of faith (R3))
Melkorka
Pink
Red (bless)
Blue (bless)

bold can go..(Craggark I assume ur AC is now:*edit* 2022, with barkskin and shield of faith? Make sure u adjust ur stat line accordingly) I assume Analia's 19 is with mage armor and is her default combat AC.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 7 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Ioun Torch) Channel (2d6) 5/5 | Rebuke Death (1d4+1) 6/6 | Touch of Glory (+3) 6/6

Craggark also has Shield of Faith, with the same duration as Blessed Fist (+/- 1 round)

Jawhar lumbers forward in his snowshoes and activates his wand of bless (should cover everyone except for Hiryla, Green, and Yellow)

Silver Crusade

Mutagen:
+4Con, -2Cha l hp25/30 l AC21, T12, FF19 l Fort +7 // +4 Str, -2Int l AC21, T12, FF19 // +4Dex, -2Wis AC23, T14, FF19 l Ref +8, Will +2
Dwarf Trap-Breaker3 l hp 24/24 l AC19, T12, FF17 l F +5 R +6 W +3 Ini +2 l Bombs 8/8 l Perc +7* SM +1

The 24hp is not counting the mutagen (that brings me to 30hp, per the Mutagen spoiler box), so I would have drunk the True Strike this round and then held my position.


male Snows of Summer

OK guys and girl...going to need you to post all active effects on your avatar's stat line ok? Along with duration (if the duration is 2 min or less otherwise just the effect is fine). Also make sure you adjust all you numbers according to the buffs you have active. Don't make me do the math...I will not retcon because you forgot to add a shield bonus or bless ect.. this combat is too involved already..so be aware what's been cast on you..what potions ect..OK? Also anyone who wants to: can roll 3 naked 20'underneath a spoiler for AoO's..otherwise I'll roll them for you if you get a chance at an AoO.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 7 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Ioun Torch) Channel (2d6) 5/5 | Rebuke Death (1d4+1) 6/6 | Touch of Glory (+3) 6/6

Sounds fine.
Craggark, I'd say 9 rounds left in Blessed Fist, 8 in Shield of Faith (I cast them about a minute ago). Everyone has 10 rounds of Bless.

The Exchange

Male Half-orc, Frostkin Brawler 2 | hp 21/21 | AC 18(t12;f16)| CMB+5 CMD 17 (f15) | F+5 R+5 W-1 *immune cold weather | init+2 | Perc+4 | SM-1 | Surv +1 | Speed 30 | Melee unarmed strike +5; 1d6+3

Craggark does not have his shield equipped so that he might use both hands. I've adjusted my stat byline.

Craggark hustles up as best he can in his snowshoes behind the Kellids, pulling out an alchemist's fire flask from his belt pouch as he goes. He says nonchalantly to the group:

My fellow PCs only (plausible deniability if our GM wants to be surprised by my tactics):
"I'm going to grapple the spellcaster."

Double move and pull flask of alchemist's fire from belt pouch as part of move action.

The Concordance

Image Lava Gnome Evoker/Sorcerer 2/1 | hp 22/22 | AC 17(T13;FF15)|CMD 9(FF7)|F+2* R+2 W+3|Init+5|Spd 20|Vers Evoc 7/7|Effects:Endure Elem(cold only) Mage Armor
Skills:
Acro+2,Appraise+4,CraftSculpt+15,Know(Arcana/Religon+9/all others+8),Liguist+8,Perc+4,Sense Motive+0,Spellcraft+9,Survive+4(+6vsLost)

Lia just smiles at her favorite Frostkin's proposed antics.

And I am going to burn them! she thinks to herself as she moves to get a clear shot and then hurls a small ball of flame from her open palm toward the spellcaster.

Produce Flame CL4/Range touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
fire!: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

No sooner does the flame leave her hand than another appears in its place.

Produce flame was cast just before we got in line of sight, so I've got it a few more rounds of throwing it(it lasts 4 minutes, and subtracts 1 min for each throw). All active effects/spells are accurate in her stat bar.

Liberty's Edge

M Halfling | Swashbuckler (Mouser) 3 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 21 T 15 FF 17 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+3, CL 2/3 | Init:+5 | Per:+8 | SM: +0 | Speed 30' | Melee: Mwk Rapier, +9, 1d4+3+3 precision | Ranged: Longbow, +6, 1d6 | Panache: 1/3 | *Active Conditions: Shaken
Skills:
Skills Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +5, Perception +8, Profession (sailor) +4, Sleight of Hand +7, Stealth +10, Use Magic Device +8

Like Myth, no snowshoes for Jamir. He would have taken them off as soon as a clear path opened up.[/dice]

Jamir jogs up to be closer to the front, then lets an arrow [ooc](cold iron, if it matters) fly at the brown Shadow Lodge archer.

Longbow, Bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 181d6 ⇒ 3

The Concordance

Image Lava Gnome Evoker/Sorcerer 2/1 | hp 22/22 | AC 17(T13;FF15)|CMD 9(FF7)|F+2* R+2 W+3|Init+5|Spd 20|Vers Evoc 7/7|Effects:Endure Elem(cold only) Mage Armor
Skills:
Acro+2,Appraise+4,CraftSculpt+15,Know(Arcana/Religon+9/all others+8),Liguist+8,Perc+4,Sense Motive+0,Spellcraft+9,Survive+4(+6vsLost)

I just realized I forgot to add in the +1 for bless so I should actually hit Touch AC of 17, if it matters at all.


male Snows of Summer

did both Analia and Jamir want to delay until after the bless is cast by Jawhar? If so you’ll be behind him in initiative next round.

Liberty's Edge

M Halfling | Swashbuckler (Mouser) 3 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 21 T 15 FF 17 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+3, CL 2/3 | Init:+5 | Per:+8 | SM: +0 | Speed 30' | Melee: Mwk Rapier, +9, 1d4+3+3 precision | Ranged: Longbow, +6, 1d6 | Panache: 1/3 | *Active Conditions: Shaken
Skills:
Skills Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +5, Perception +8, Profession (sailor) +4, Sleight of Hand +7, Stealth +10, Use Magic Device +8

I'm a little confused - you have Bless applied to us in your initiative list already, in any case, yes, that's Fine with me.

The Concordance

Image Lava Gnome Evoker/Sorcerer 2/1 | hp 22/22 | AC 17(T13;FF15)|CMD 9(FF7)|F+2* R+2 W+3|Init+5|Spd 20|Vers Evoc 7/7|Effects:Endure Elem(cold only) Mage Armor
Skills:
Acro+2,Appraise+4,CraftSculpt+15,Know(Arcana/Religon+9/all others+8),Liguist+8,Perc+4,Sense Motive+0,Spellcraft+9,Survive+4(+6vsLost)

Sure. That works for me.


male Snows of Summer
Jamir "Hamstring" Montajay wrote:
I'm a little confused - you have Bless applied to us in your initiative list already, in any case, yes, that's Fine with me.

figured you'd want it..wanted to acknowledge that it was available to you this round. You just needed to delay until Jawhar cast it...


male Snows of Summer

GM roll:
miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 12

Jamir fire's a shot at the brown Shadow lodge warrior and nicks him. Analia summons a flame that, she lobs right at Melkorka and somehow misses!
DC:16 spellcraft:
Melkorka seems to be using the entropic shield spell to partially obscure her from ranged attacks.

Melkorka Skur cast a spell against Hiryla's battle axe axe fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 spell dmg: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 3, 5, 1) = 16...The head of Hiryla's axe explodes into a thousand tiny fragments as Melkorka moves backward a few steps. The Pink Shadowlodge warrior fires his bow at the yellow Kellid then drops his bow and shoulders his shield in to position. Taking a tactile (5ft step) towards his leader. L bow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 The red Kellid advances and throws a Javelin at the brown shadowlodge warrior. The blue Kellid does likewise towards the Orange shadowlodge warrior. javelin red: 1d20 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 2 + 1 = 11dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8javelin blue: 1d20 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 2 + 1 = 21dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 blue confirm: 1d20 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 2 + 1 = 5

DC:17 spellcraft:
Melkorka just cast Shatter on Hiryla's axe.

R 2

Myth
Green (bless R 2)
Brown (-3hp)
Hiryla (-5hp)
Orange (-8hp)
Torvald (con Mutgen, shield,bless, true strike this round)
Yellow (-7hp)
Purple
Jawhar (bless,fire belly)
Jamir (bless)
Analia (bless, mage armor)
Craggark (Barkskin,bless (R2),blessed fist (R3), shield of faith (R4)
Melkorka
Pink
Red (bless)
Blue (bless)

Myth may go

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Sniper (Rogue) / 4th | HP:30/30 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+2 R:+9 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +10 | 30 ft | Shortbow +8 (1d6+2) | Light via Wayfinder |
Skills:
DD+14, KnLoc+4, KnDun+4, Stealth+15

Myth moves forward 15' and fires at the purple Shadow Lodge dude to the south...

Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 19

Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4


male Snows of Summer

Myth moves forward through the snow taking a longer shot than he's used to with his short bow. The purple shadowlodge agent is firing his bow so, Mythryndyr's marksmanship proves true as the arrow strikes the warrior. The green Kellid forgoes throwing another Javelin and instead moves forward to threaten the purple shadowlodge warrior. The brown shadowlodge warrior takes aim and fires at the Yellow Kellid L bow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 The yellow warrior looks surprised to see the arrow suddenly sticking from his chest. He spits out some blood and continues forward motion. The brown warrior is shocked at the resilience of the Kellids. He drops his bow and draws his shield, preparing for the onslaught to come.

Hiryla is stunned at the loss of his main weapon but, still focused on the fight. Seeing brown just land an arrow in one of his men, Hiryla marches forward draws a javelin and hurls it at the brown shadowlodge warrior. javelin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Hiryla's Javelin goes wide of the brown warrior. The orange warrior looks at the green Kellid only a few feet from himself and standing next to his purple brethren and decides to fire his bow. L bow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 The arrow penetrates the tough hide armor of the Kellid causing him to stagger a little. Orange then moves himself right in front of Melkorka.

R 2

Myth
Green (-6hp bless R 2)
Brown (-3hp)
Hiryla (-5hp)
Orange (-8hp)
Torvald (con Mutgen, shield,bless, true strike this round)
Yellow (-16hp)
Purple (-4hp)
Jawhar (bless,fire belly)
Jamir (bless)
Analia (bless, mage armor)
Craggark (Barkskin,bless (R2),blessed fist (R3), shield of faith (R4)
Melkorka
Pink
Red (bless)
Blue (bless)

bold may go

Silver Crusade

Mutagen:
+4Con, -2Cha l hp25/30 l AC21, T12, FF19 l Fort +7 // +4 Str, -2Int l AC21, T12, FF19 // +4Dex, -2Wis AC23, T14, FF19 l Ref +8, Will +2
Dwarf Trap-Breaker3 l hp 24/24 l AC19, T12, FF17 l F +5 R +6 W +3 Ini +2 l Bombs 8/8 l Perc +7* SM +1

I'll get a post up, I promise! Busier day at work...

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Mutagen:
+4Con, -2Cha l hp25/30 l AC21, T12, FF19 l Fort +7 // +4 Str, -2Int l AC21, T12, FF19 // +4Dex, -2Wis AC23, T14, FF19 l Ref +8, Will +2
Dwarf Trap-Breaker3 l hp 24/24 l AC19, T12, FF17 l F +5 R +6 W +3 Ini +2 l Bombs 8/8 l Perc +7* SM +1

Torvald waddles forward, ungainly with his snowshoes on the stony path. Still, seeing the enemy bunched up causes an evil chuckle to bubble up for the dwarf. With a fierce cry the alchemist hurls his bomb, the missile arcing with uncanny perfection to strike the Shadowledge warrior directly in the face.

Targeting Orange, should get three enemies (Pink, Brown, Melkora) with the splash Damage (6 fire, Ref14 half). I don't think any allies are adjacent but if so I use Precise Bombs to avoid them.
True Strike Throw (5 increments): 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 8 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 - 8 + 20 = 30 Bomb: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6) + 4 = 15


male Snows of Summer

Sorry Torvald Map is kinda wonky but brown is not in splash radius (if radius is 5')melkorka reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6pink reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Torvald throws a bomb the douses the orange and pink warrior in flames also catching Melkorka. The Orange warrior doesn't look good. The yellow Kellid tries to take advantage of the Orange warrior's vulnerability, as he moves up and hurls a javelin at the smoldering warrior. javelin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5: However the Yellow warrior is way short of his target. The purple shadowlodge warrior, moves away from the green Kellid incurring an opportune swipe from the Kellid green axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Dodging green's strike Purple moves to shoot at the dangerous alchemist. L bow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 But he too misses his target.

R 2

Myth
Green (-6hp bless R 2)
Brown (-3hp)
Hiryla (-5hp)
Orange (-23hp)
Torvald (con Mutgen, shield,bless,)
Yellow (-16hp)
Purple (-4hp)
Jawhar (bless,fire belly)
Jamir (bless)
Analia (bless, mage armor)
Craggark (Barkskin,bless (R2),blessed fist (R3), shield of faith (R4)
Melkorka (-6hp)
Pink (-6hp)
Red (bless)
Blue (bless)

bold may go

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 7 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Ioun Torch) Channel (2d6) 5/5 | Rebuke Death (1d4+1) 6/6 | Touch of Glory (+3) 6/6

"Nice shooting, Torvald! Keep it up, I'm going to try to get some help in there."

Jawhar retrieves a scroll of Summon Monster I and begins casting.

Liberty's Edge

M Halfling | Swashbuckler (Mouser) 3 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 21 T 15 FF 17 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+3, CL 2/3 | Init:+5 | Per:+8 | SM: +0 | Speed 30' | Melee: Mwk Rapier, +9, 1d4+3+3 precision | Ranged: Longbow, +6, 1d6 | Panache: 1/3 | *Active Conditions: Shaken
Skills:
Skills Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +5, Perception +8, Profession (sailor) +4, Sleight of Hand +7, Stealth +10, Use Magic Device +8

Blocked from a charge by the red Kellid, sticking with the bow for another round.

"Pathfinders and Snowmask warriors, hit them again! FOR ALE AND FREEDOM!"

Jamir runs past the red Kellid to get closer to the fighting, Jamir fires another cold iron arrow at the brown Shadow Lodge archer.

Longbow, Bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 161d6 ⇒ 4

The Concordance

Image Lava Gnome Evoker/Sorcerer 2/1 | hp 22/22 | AC 17(T13;FF15)|CMD 9(FF7)|F+2* R+2 W+3|Init+5|Spd 20|Vers Evoc 7/7|Effects:Endure Elem(cold only) Mage Armor
Skills:
Acro+2,Appraise+4,CraftSculpt+15,Know(Arcana/Religon+9/all others+8),Liguist+8,Perc+4,Sense Motive+0,Spellcraft+9,Survive+4(+6vsLost)

"FOR ALE AND FREEDOM!" Lia shouts in support of her friends!

She pulls back her arm and lets the fire fly toward the Shadowlodge caster once more.

Produce Flame/range touch+bless: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 = 20 miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 58
fire damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Great visual description of the spell she has up and that she used on the axe. I don't even need the spoilers, but I will roll them anyway.

spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"The caster has a entropic shield spell up that can cause ranged attacks to go awry! It also means she is likely a cleric of some kind!"

EDIT: Just added more to her comment. Figured that last bit of info might be important, as it lets us know what kind of options she may have up her sleeve.


male Snows of Summer

Jawhar retrieves a scroll and begins casting. Analia, throws another flame ball that strikes Melkorka square this time! Jamir's shot is true but the Brown warriors armor turns the arrow aside.

R 2

Myth
Green (-6hp bless R 2)
Brown (-3hp)
Hiryla (-5hp)
Orange (-23hp)
Torvald (con Mutgen, shield,bless,)
Yellow (-16hp)
Purple (-4hp)
Jawhar (bless,fire belly)
Jamir (bless)
Analia (bless, mage armor)
Craggark (Barkskin,bless (R2),blessed fist (R3), shield of faith (R4))
Melkorka (-19hp)
Pink (-6hp)
Red (bless)
Blue (bless)

bold may go

The Exchange

Male Half-orc, Frostkin Brawler 2 | hp 21/21 | AC 18(t12;f16)| CMB+5 CMD 17 (f15) | F+5 R+5 W-1 *immune cold weather | init+2 | Perc+4 | SM-1 | Surv +1 | Speed 30 | Melee unarmed strike +5; 1d6+3

Craggark continues his controlled race up the path, side stepping to the south slightly as he advances.

Double move.


male Snows of Summer

Melkorkoka cast a spell on her Orange ally

spell(craft) DC:18:
cure serious: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 6, 6) + 5 = 18
and then takes something out of her pouch.
DC:15+1 for every 10ft from Melkorka:
She took a vial of liquid out of her pouch.
The Orange warriors burns seem to heal quite a bit. Melkorka wedges herself in between her troops. (5' step). The pink warrior moves forward a bit while drawing his sword and attacking the green Kellid.pink sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Pink's strike goes wide. The red and Blue Kellid's advance throwing their last Javelins; red at brown and blue at purple. red: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 1 = 12dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6blue: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 1 = 15dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 They both miss their respective targets.

After Myth's turn:
Green stays put and tries to chop pink with his axe green ax: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Pink throws up his shield just in time to avoid the blow. The brown warrior draws his sword moves forward and attacks the chief.brown sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 The battle hardened chief easily avoids the blow. Orange uses his deadly aim, to precisely shoot, the green Kellid at, point blank range.L bow: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 1 = 14dmg: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 12 The arrow bites deeply within the green Kellid's side and he drops to the ground. Hiryla tries to shield bash the brown warrior shield bash: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 1 = 11dmg: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6 but, Hiryla's powerful blow misses. Torvald you may go if Myth has already gone. Unless Myth dropped one of the warriors above, all the stuff in this spoiler happens.(ie. greeen is down everyone else missed.)

R 3

Myth
Green (-6hp bless R 3)
Brown (-3hp)(shield)
Hiryla (-5hp)
Orange (-5hp)
Torvald (con Mutgen, shield,bless,)
Yellow (-16hp)
Purple (-4hp)(bow)
Jawhar (bless,fire belly)
Jamir (bless)
Analia (bless, mage armor)
Craggark (Barkskin,bless (R3),blessed fist (R4), shield of faith (R5))
Melkorka (-19hp)
Pink (-6hp)(shield)
Red (bless)
Blue (bless)

bold may go (Torvald you may look underneath the spoiler if Myth if has taken his turn)

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Sniper (Rogue) / 4th | HP:30/30 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+2 R:+9 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +10 | 30 ft | Shortbow +8 (1d6+2) | Light via Wayfinder |
Skills:
DD+14, KnLoc+4, KnDun+4, Stealth+15

Myth, having got in more comfortable range, moves forward 5' and fires at the purple Shadow Lodge archer twice...

Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 22

Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8

Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 23

Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

Silver Crusade

Mutagen:
+4Con, -2Cha l hp25/30 l AC21, T12, FF19 l Fort +7 // +4 Str, -2Int l AC21, T12, FF19 // +4Dex, -2Wis AC23, T14, FF19 l Ref +8, Will +2
Dwarf Trap-Breaker3 l hp 24/24 l AC19, T12, FF17 l F +5 R +6 W +3 Ini +2 l Bombs 8/8 l Perc +7* SM +1

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"Hey!" Recognizing the healing magic Melkorka is working Torvald gives an outraged shout as he continues his forward shuffle. "Somebody shoot her, she's undoing all my hard work!" Drawing another bomb, he hurls it at the nearest Shadow Lodge foe (Pink), hoping it strikes true in the chaotic melee without more magic to guide it. He puts a little spin on so that the blast misses the fallen Kellid.

Using Precise Bombs to protect Green Warrior's square.
Bomb Throw (4 increments): 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 - 6 = 12 Blam!: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14 I suspect that'll miss due to cover, scatter below.
Scatter: 1d8 ⇒ 4 That'll land in the square to the right of Green Ally, but Pink/Orange both caught in the splash.


male Snows of Summer

Myth sinks 2 arrows in to the purple shadowlodge warrior. Torvald tries to light up the pink shawdowlodge warrior but misses badly hitting the southern tower, causing sheets of ice to tumble off the ancient tower and a cacophonous boom to echo through the canyon.

thrown splash weapon rules:
If you miss the target (whether aiming at a creature or a grid intersection), roll 1d8. This determines the misdirection of the throw, with 1 falling short (off-target in a straight line toward the thrower), and 2 through 8 rotating around the target creature or grid intersection in a clockwise direction. Then, count a number of squares in the indicated direction equal to the range increment of the throw. After you determine where the weapon landed, it deals splash damage to all creatures in that square and in all adjacent squares.(you were 4 range increments away so you missed pink by 4 squares in the direction of the miss [you rolled a 4 so it hits the tower)

Yellow steps up and tries to wack the brown shadowlodge warrior axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Purple is startled at the arrows sticking out of him. He fires at blue Kellid L bow: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 - 2 = 8 dmg.: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 5 after missing the Kellid, he draws a potion then inches closer to his comrades.

R 3

Myth
Green (-18hp bless R 3)
Brown (-3hp)(shield)
Hiryla (-5hp)
Orange (-5hp)
Torvald (con Mutgen, shield,bless,)
Yellow (-16hp)
Purple (-15hp)(bow)
Jawhar (bless,fire belly)
Jamir (bless)
Analia (bless, mage armor)
Craggark (Barkskin,bless (R3),blessed fist (R4), shield of faith (R5))
Melkorka (-19hp)
Pink (-6hp)(shield)
Red (bless)
Blue (bless)

[oc]bold may go[/ooc]

The Concordance

Image Lava Gnome Evoker/Sorcerer 2/1 | hp 22/22 | AC 17(T13;FF15)|CMD 9(FF7)|F+2* R+2 W+3|Init+5|Spd 20|Vers Evoc 7/7|Effects:Endure Elem(cold only) Mage Armor
Skills:
Acro+2,Appraise+4,CraftSculpt+15,Know(Arcana/Religon+9/all others+8),Liguist+8,Perc+4,Sense Motive+0,Spellcraft+9,Survive+4(+6vsLost)

Only one more throw of produce flame after this one.

Analia moves up as fast as her little legs will allow, encumbered as they are by the snow shoes and the terrain. The flame still hot in her hand, she throws it, trying to burn Melkorka once more.

FIRE!/Ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 = 15 miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 36
Flame damage!: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

"Feel our fiery wrath you wretch! You won't get away with the Shard! It belongs to these people!"

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Halfling | Swashbuckler (Mouser) 3 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 21 T 15 FF 17 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+3, CL 2/3 | Init:+5 | Per:+8 | SM: +0 | Speed 30' | Melee: Mwk Rapier, +9, 1d4+3+3 precision | Ranged: Longbow, +6, 1d6 | Panache: 1/3 | *Active Conditions: Shaken
Skills:
Skills Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +7, Knowledge (local) +5, Perception +8, Profession (sailor) +4, Sleight of Hand +7, Stealth +10, Use Magic Device +8

I appreciate the fighting spirit of these Snowmask warriors, but things might go more smoothly if they would just GET OUT OF MY WAY!

With a snarl, Jamir throws down his bow and runs at the Shadow Lodge warrior in the brown furs, drawing his rapier as he runs. He steps to the side of the Kellid in yellow at the last moment and lashes out with his rapier at their mutual target.

Jamir spends 1 panache point to double his precision damage vs. brown.

Mwk Rapier, Bless, incl. precision dmg: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 = 301d4 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 6 = 12

Confirm?: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 141d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Sniper (Rogue) / 4th | HP:30/30 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+2 R:+9 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +10 | 30 ft | Shortbow +8 (1d6+2) | Light via Wayfinder |
Skills:
DD+14, KnLoc+4, KnDun+4, Stealth+15

Was Myth outside the range of the bless spell when it was cast?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 7 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Ioun Torch) Channel (2d6) 5/5 | Rebuke Death (1d4+1) 6/6 | Touch of Glory (+3) 6/6
Mythryndyr wrote:
Was Myth outside the range of the bless spell when it was cast?

No, I moved so you were within 30 ft


male Snows of Summer
Mythryndyr wrote:
Was Myth outside the range of the bless spell when it was cast?

I'll put bless on u Myth if you haven't added it already..it doesnt' add to dmg and you hit both shots anyway..was a hold over from first round Jawhar cast it after you had already gone..the 19 you rolled/scored earlier; would have missed anyway (range)..Besides I've missed about 3 hp of dmg. not adding point blank shot on a few of these shots from the shadowlodge (yellow Kellid should be down but, I don't want to retcon)...it does look like you've been adding it anyway (the bless)? If we can lets keep things moving.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 7 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Ioun Torch) Channel (2d6) 5/5 | Rebuke Death (1d4+1) 6/6 | Touch of Glory (+3) 6/6

Jawhar's spell completes and a bright like, like a tiny ball of light like a miniature sun appears 30 ft in front of him on the battlefield, hovering in the air well above the battlefield.

The ball bursts into shimmering motes as an eagle appears.

Letting out a cry that echoes off the cliffs in the distance, the eagle dives at Melkorka.

Charging from an elevated position should allow it to avoid any AoO's right? It will end up in front of Melkorka 5 feet off of the ground

Talon, Charge: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16
Damage?: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cleric 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 7 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Ioun Torch) Channel (2d6) 5/5 | Rebuke Death (1d4+1) 6/6 | Touch of Glory (+3) 6/6

Oh, and Jawhar moves closer to the battle with his move action.

The Exchange

Male Half-orc, Frostkin Brawler 2 | hp 21/21 | AC 18(t12;f16)| CMB+5 CMD 17 (f15) | F+5 R+5 W-1 *immune cold weather | init+2 | Perc+4 | SM-1 | Surv +1 | Speed 30 | Melee unarmed strike +5; 1d6+3

Craggark pulls up short as he sees the purple-tinged foe angle to the south, rethinking his attack approach by means of clearing the wounded from the fray, unless his foe is close to death...

Perception check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Nope, he's healthy and ready to kill.

Craggark cradles the flask of alchemist's fire in his right hand for now and launches his left fist at the purple warrior, aiming to knock him out.

Melee Attack on Purple Foe (lethal damage), Bless, Blessed Fist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 191d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


male Snows of Summer

Jamir, Analia, and Craggark all hit with their respective attacks but do not drop their opponents quite yet. Jawhar summons an eagle that attacks but misses Melkorka. Melkorka downs her potion and seems to heal a little cure mod: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 6) + 3 = 14 she then moves back and to the side of orange (5ft step) Then she draws another potion.
Pink moves up to attack Craggark sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 slicing the frostkin with a minor cut. Red moves up through his chieftain to help attack brown but draws attacks from both pink and brown brown AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 pink AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 miraculously, both attacks miss! And Red tries to lay the hurt down on brown. axe: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 hitting brown in the lower leg! Blue steps up to attack pink axe: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 But alas, misses.

R 4

Myth
Brown (-22hp)(shield)
Hiryla (-5hp)
Orange (-5hp)
Torvald (con Mutgen, shield,bless,)
Yellow (-16hp)
Purple (-23hp)(bow)
Jawhar (bless,fire belly)
Jamir (bless)
Analia (bless, mage armor)
Craggark (-2hp,Barkskin,bless (R4),blessed fist (R5), shield of faith (R6))
Melkorka (-13hp)
Pink (-6hp)(shield)
Red (bless)
Blue (bless)

Myth may go

451 to 500 of 520 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lucklesshero's:Shades of Ice III - Keep of the Huscarl King (recruitment closed) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.