Legendary Planet: To Worlds Unknown (Inactive)

Game Master Slyness


1 to 50 of 396 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

| Spell Areas | Map: Level 1 | Map: Level 2 |

You awaken to the sensation of something damp and viscous covering your face and body. Your first reflex is to wrench two, thin tubes from your nose and open your mouth to extract a small pipe which apparently kept you from drowning in the thick gel now draining through the bottom of an enclosed cylinder supporting your upright body. A harsh light shines from above as you wipe more of this unknown substance from your face and eyes, and your muscles feel weak and uncertain as you push open a transparent window-like door to release you into the room beyond.

Eight, similar cylinders greet your eyes, all arranged along the room’s four, stone walls, forming an irregular octagon. Each one appears constructed of a thick, durable, organic material except for the transparent doors which swing open from the front. Fibrous roots snake down from the 15-foot ceiling overhead, attaching to the top of these cylinders, and a metal plate bolted above them illuminates the room. To the north stands a door bereft of hinges or handles, while a green, three-inch circle slowly blinks on the wall next to it.

Looking about, there are several others awakening in much the same condition. You do not know who they are, and more disturbing, you have no idea how you came to be here, or how much time has passed since your last memory of home.


AC: 16 | Max HP: 25 | Init: +2 | Saves: Str: +4; Dex: +2; Con: +5; Int: 0; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Perception +3 (w/Darkvision); Insight: +1 | Inspiration: Yes

.

Sovereign Court

| Spell Areas | Map: Level 1 | Map: Level 2 |

Looking down at yourself, you become aware that you're wearing only the flimsiest of robes under all the goo. You have no other possessions with you.

What do you do?


AC: 16 | Max HP: 25 | Init: +2 | Saves: Str: +4; Dex: +2; Con: +5; Int: 0; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Perception +3 (w/Darkvision); Insight: +1 | Inspiration: Yes

Kag stands, turns, and vomits goo all over the floor.

"Gods, what did I drink last night." Looking around, he then adds "where am I?"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Triton Sorc 2 | AC 15 | HP 14 | 2/3x1st slots | SP 2 | Saves: Str +2; Dex +2; Con +4; Int +1; Wis +1; Cha +6

Voleryn staggers from the cylinder, and blinks the remaining goo from her eyes "Who are you, what is this place, where are my possessions?" she glares at the other suspiciously as she tries to regain her bearings.


AC: 16 | Max HP: 25 | Init: +2 | Saves: Str: +4; Dex: +2; Con: +5; Int: 0; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Perception +3 (w/Darkvision); Insight: +1 | Inspiration: Yes

"Kag, of the Stonecleaver clan. Now use your eyes for something other than glaring at me. I don't have any of my possessions either."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf | HP:20 | AC:18 | Init: 4 | Per: 3 | DV 60' | Spells: 2 lvl 1 slots | Paladin 2 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5

Reishi looks around the room, disoriented and wobbly on his feet. He takes in the sight of the roots coming down from the ceiling. A look of confusion and wonder spreads across his face. He glances at those emerging from the other pods. The roots look natural but the pods constructed. What is this place? How'd I get here? How much time has passed?

His slow moving thoughts are interrupted by Kag vomiting on the floor. Reishi turns to Kag and says,"You hurt? Can't even remember my name but I'm pretty sure I can help you mend if you are injured. No clue where we are or how I got here. Do any of you? Can't say I like the rooms in this inn. Accommodations are too tight and the sludge sticks to my skin." Reishi laughs hoarsely and then instinctively focuses to see if he feels the presence of evil.


Female Triton Sorc 2 | AC 15 | HP 14 | 2/3x1st slots | SP 2 | Saves: Str +2; Dex +2; Con +4; Int +1; Wis +1; Cha +6

"Well, since we are all in the same predicament, I suggest we put aside our concerns and trust each other for now, perhaps we should make introductions.
I am a sorcerer and a soldier among my people, my magic predilicted towards battle."
Voleryn eyes the door.


AC: 16 | Max HP: 25 | Init: +2 | Saves: Str: +4; Dex: +2; Con: +5; Int: 0; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Perception +3 (w/Darkvision); Insight: +1 | Inspiration: Yes

"Since it seems like no one knows what's going on, perhaps we should try to find our way out of here." Looking around the room, he sees the blinking light and says "Sorcerer, you know anything about that?"

Sovereign Court

| Spell Areas | Map: Level 1 | Map: Level 2 |

Reishi:
Nothing registers to your senses.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf | HP:20 | AC:18 | Init: 4 | Per: 3 | DV 60' | Spells: 2 lvl 1 slots | Paladin 2 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5

"Whoever stuffed us in those tubes most likely decided it's time to wake us up. Maybe our hosts are benevolent, likely not. They probably know we are about. I say we move together. If attacked, I will try to fend the 'innkeepers' off and buy you time to escape elsewhere. That said Kag, you seem like the type to plow through danger not away from it! Sorcerer, do you have a magic to free us from this room?"

Reishi begins to hum a calming yet uplifting tune. Appropriate to his sense of wonder and surprise yet in contrast with the odd circumstances he finds himself in. Still hoarse from the tubes just cleared from his gullet, he shrugs at how poorly he sounds and continues on smiling, albeit slightly more quietly.
Performance: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


AC: 16 | Max HP: 25 | Init: +2 | Saves: Str: +4; Dex: +2; Con: +5; Int: 0; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Perception +3 (w/Darkvision); Insight: +1 | Inspiration: Yes

"I said that earlier. I'm a Stonecleaver."


Female Triton Sorc 2 | AC 15 | HP 14 | 2/3x1st slots | SP 2 | Saves: Str +2; Dex +2; Con +4; Int +1; Wis +1; Cha +6

"Unlikely, my talents lie more in striking down enemies. Though I could normally translate languages with magic - I need components or my focus to do so..."

Voleryn begins to look around the room, while trying to stretch her muscles, she's not used to walking around on land... she hopes for some storage containers of some description, if she finds nothing she will examine the door.

Sovereign Court

| Spell Areas | Map: Level 1 | Map: Level 2 |

There are no storage containers in the room. There are four catchpoles, one next to each pod. They are long metal bars with a noose at the end that can be tightened from the base of the bar.

The door has no hinges or handles. A green, three-inch circle slowly blinks on the wall next to it.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf | HP:20 | AC:18 | Init: 4 | Per: 3 | DV 60' | Spells: 2 lvl 1 slots | Paladin 2 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5

Reishi grabs a catchpole and says, "This would support the idea that our hosts aren't very friendly." He tosses the catchpole to Kag."Not much of a weapon but something to swing at unfriendlies." and grabs another for himself. Then he checks that all the pods that can be opened in the room are. Let's set as many free as we can... "How about I tap the light on the wall with the end of the pole and see what happens? If it fries me, it's been nice almost knowing you. Thoughts?"


AC: 16 | Max HP: 25 | Init: +2 | Saves: Str: +4; Dex: +2; Con: +5; Int: 0; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Perception +3 (w/Darkvision); Insight: +1 | Inspiration: Yes

Kag catches that pole and says "It sounds like a trap. We should just break the glass and step through the hole."

With that idea in mind, Kag will take the flat end of the pole and attempt to smash the glass.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Club Damage?: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Sovereign Court

| Spell Areas | Map: Level 1 | Map: Level 2 |

What glass are you trying to break?


AC: 16 | Max HP: 25 | Init: +2 | Saves: Str: +4; Dex: +2; Con: +5; Int: 0; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Perception +3 (w/Darkvision); Insight: +1 | Inspiration: Yes

I had thought the door was made of glass.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Triton Sorc 2 | AC 15 | HP 14 | 2/3x1st slots | SP 2 | Saves: Str +2; Dex +2; Con +4; Int +1; Wis +1; Cha +6

Assuming there are no further prisoners trapped inside the remaining pods...
"Wave at it, tap it, it may be some some form of mechanism. Elsewise you two have more physical strength than I, perhaps you can force it open?"

Sovereign Court

| Spell Areas | Map: Level 1 | Map: Level 2 |

The cylinders have transparent doors. The room's door is not transparent.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf | HP:20 | AC:18 | Init: 4 | Per: 3 | DV 60' | Spells: 2 lvl 1 slots | Paladin 2 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5

Reishi takes a deep breath, braces himself, utters a prayer to Mielikki and taps the flashing green light with the end of the catchpole.

Sovereign Court

| Spell Areas | Map: Level 1 | Map: Level 2 |

Nothing happens.


AC: 16 | Max HP: 25 | Init: +2 | Saves: Str: +4; Dex: +2; Con: +5; Int: 0; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Perception +3 (w/Darkvision); Insight: +1 | Inspiration: Yes

Seeing that Reishi wasn't electrocuted or exploded, Kag will move up and punch the light.


Combat:
shortsword +5 (1d6+3) | shortbow +5 (1d6+3)
HP 15/15 | AC 15 | STR 12 DEX* 16 CON 12 INT* 14 WIS 10 CHA 14 | spd 30 | Perc +0; Pass. 10; darkvision | Zvarr Rogue 2 | HD 1/2 | Insp. 0/1 | Effects: None

Zeroks awakens suddenly. He is blinded and choking on some viscous fluid. He doesn't understand what is going on. And for a moment a blind animalistic panic sets in.

He immediately begins thrashing around, his claws extended and reaching for--anything!

His claws scrape against some sort of clear enclosure. Glass?
Plastic? It doesn't matter. He uses what little might he has left to cut slice open an exit.

His lungs ache. And he wants to breathe so badly. But there is just enough sense left in him to know that if he breathes in, he dies. He claws and claws but it is useless. By Macalatu, was this the end?

But suddenly the enclosure gives way. It didn't shatter. It just opened up of its own accord.

Freedom!

He shoots out of the goo with a gurgle and a gasp. He vomits a stream of goo. And then takes one long merciful breath. As his body begins to function normally, he looks around--desperate for some answers.

"Is--is anyone there? Where--where am I?"

Sovereign Court

| Spell Areas | Map: Level 1 | Map: Level 2 |

Voleryn makes his suggestion as he peers into the remaining pod which suddenly opens and another captive comes out of it.

Kag punches the circle and while it does not give way, it becomes a solid green and the door opens.

There is a short hallway in front of you that leads to a larger room. The walls here seem to be made of the same organic material as the room that you're in. The larger room is mostly dark with a few sparking bio-luminescent lights that are clearly not functioning correctly.


AC: 16 | Max HP: 25 | Init: +2 | Saves: Str: +4; Dex: +2; Con: +5; Int: 0; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Perception +3 (w/Darkvision); Insight: +1 | Inspiration: Yes

Kag chuckles and says "Whoever these people are, they know how a door should be opened." he then turns to the newcomer and says "Woooah there. Stay calm. None of us took your belongings, and we don't know where in Oerth we are."

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf | HP:20 | AC:18 | Init: 4 | Per: 3 | DV 60' | Spells: 2 lvl 1 slots | Paladin 2 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5

Reishi laughs at Kag's door comment and then heads out. He instinctively sneaks down the hall and pauses at the open door to perceive what he can in the darkened room.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Sovereign Court

| Spell Areas | Map: Level 1 | Map: Level 2 |

There is a wall in front and several branching halls off this room.


Combat:
shortsword +5 (1d6+3) | shortbow +5 (1d6+3)
HP 15/15 | AC 15 | STR 12 DEX* 16 CON 12 INT* 14 WIS 10 CHA 14 | spd 30 | Perc +0; Pass. 10; darkvision | Zvarr Rogue 2 | HD 1/2 | Insp. 0/1 | Effects: None
Kag Stonecleaver wrote:
"Woooah there. Stay calm. None of us took your belongings, and we don't know where in Oerth we are."

Zeroks stares at the stocky humanoid in front of him.

"My belongings?"

He takes a moment to look down at himself and realizes that indeed everything is gone. He snarls in disgust.

"I don't appreciate being abducted. And robbing me feels wholly unnecessary."

The Zvarr stands up on wobbly legs.

"Name's Zeroks. Pleased to meet you, good sir, uh, dwarf--right? Sorry. I got a headache and I tend to get you fleshies confused."


Combat:
shortsword +5 (1d6+3) | shortbow +5 (1d6+3)
HP 15/15 | AC 15 | STR 12 DEX* 16 CON 12 INT* 14 WIS 10 CHA 14 | spd 30 | Perc +0; Pass. 10; darkvision | Zvarr Rogue 2 | HD 1/2 | Insp. 0/1 | Effects: None

Zeroks makes his way to where the others are. "This place is unsettling," he says quietly.

He then opens and flexes his wings, trying to shake off what viscous goo is still there.

"We need to pick a direction.I recommend we stick to the right hand side. Makes exploration a little easier."

Zeroks then looks for anything that can be used as a weapon.

INT (investigation): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


AC: 16 | Max HP: 25 | Init: +2 | Saves: Str: +4; Dex: +2; Con: +5; Int: 0; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Perception +3 (w/Darkvision); Insight: +1 | Inspiration: Yes

"My name is Kag of the Stonecleaver clan, and yes, I am a Dwarf."

Kag then tosses Zeroks one of the poles.


Combat:
shortsword +5 (1d6+3) | shortbow +5 (1d6+3)
HP 15/15 | AC 15 | STR 12 DEX* 16 CON 12 INT* 14 WIS 10 CHA 14 | spd 30 | Perc +0; Pass. 10; darkvision | Zvarr Rogue 2 | HD 1/2 | Insp. 0/1 | Effects: None

Zeroks catches the pole. "Hmm. I prefer something a little more--elegant. But any port in a storm, I suppose. Thank you, Kag."

Would this count as quarterstaff or an improvised weapon?

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf | HP:20 | AC:18 | Init: 4 | Per: 3 | DV 60' | Spells: 2 lvl 1 slots | Paladin 2 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5

Reishi returns to the room holding a catchpole and says, "Don't hear anyone in the hallway. My name is Reishi. It's good to meet you Zeroks, Kag and ?" Looking briefly at Voleryn and then to the group, "I'm sorry, I don't know your name. Talk about bizarre circumstances under which to meet! I'm good with Zerok's plan to stick to the right. Should the need arrise, I am a capable fighter. Perhaps not as capable as Kag, but trained and steadfast. If any of you get injured along the way, I will do my best to heal you. Looking about me, I can see they picked the wrong group to kidnap!"

Sovereign Court

| Spell Areas | Map: Level 1 | Map: Level 2 |

A club, actually.


Combat:
shortsword +5 (1d6+3) | shortbow +5 (1d6+3)
HP 15/15 | AC 15 | STR 12 DEX* 16 CON 12 INT* 14 WIS 10 CHA 14 | spd 30 | Perc +0; Pass. 10; darkvision | Zvarr Rogue 2 | HD 1/2 | Insp. 0/1 | Effects: None

Zeroks bows a little to the half-elf.

"At your service, Reishi. Now let's keep together as we head down this way. No telling what weird crap we're in for."

We take the first exit to our character's right. Looks like the highest passive perception is a 13.

Sovereign Court

| Spell Areas | Map: Level 1 | Map: Level 2 |

The door seems to be locked as it does not open at your touch of the green circle.


Combat:
shortsword +5 (1d6+3) | shortbow +5 (1d6+3)
HP 15/15 | AC 15 | STR 12 DEX* 16 CON 12 INT* 14 WIS 10 CHA 14 | spd 30 | Perc +0; Pass. 10; darkvision | Zvarr Rogue 2 | HD 1/2 | Insp. 0/1 | Effects: None

"Disappointing. Let's try the next one."

Sovereign Court

| Spell Areas | Map: Level 1 | Map: Level 2 |

Going around in a circle, each door is locked... until the last one. The door stands open and occasionally makes a grinding noise.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf | HP:20 | AC:18 | Init: 4 | Per: 3 | DV 60' | Spells: 2 lvl 1 slots | Paladin 2 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5

Reishi listens at the door, examines what kind of damage it has sustained and peers in the room. Provided he doesn't see an obvious threat, he steps in to explore it.


Combat:
shortsword +5 (1d6+3) | shortbow +5 (1d6+3)
HP 15/15 | AC 15 | STR 12 DEX* 16 CON 12 INT* 14 WIS 10 CHA 14 | spd 30 | Perc +0; Pass. 10; darkvision | Zvarr Rogue 2 | HD 1/2 | Insp. 0/1 | Effects: None

"Wait. Could be trapped."

Zeroks takes a moment to study the door.

INT (investigation): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf | HP:20 | AC:18 | Init: 4 | Per: 3 | DV 60' | Spells: 2 lvl 1 slots | Paladin 2 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5

Reishi takes a step backwards leaving Zeroks room to examine the entrance. "Thanks Zeroks. Better safe than sorry. Good to know you can do that sort of thing. "

Sovereign Court

| Spell Areas | Map: Level 1 | Map: Level 2 |

There are no apparent traps on the door.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf | HP:20 | AC:18 | Init: 4 | Per: 3 | DV 60' | Spells: 2 lvl 1 slots | Paladin 2 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5

Reishi enters the room, "club" in hand.


AC: 16 | Max HP: 25 | Init: +2 | Saves: Str: +4; Dex: +2; Con: +5; Int: 0; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Perception +3 (w/Darkvision); Insight: +1 | Inspiration: Yes

Kag follows swiftly on Reishi's heels.

Sovereign Court

| Spell Areas | Map: Level 1 | Map: Level 2 |

Reishi & Kag:
This room holds several shelves and racks filled with various pieces of equipment, weapons, and armor. In fact, your own possessions are quite obvious.


AC: 16 | Max HP: 25 | Init: +2 | Saves: Str: +4; Dex: +2; Con: +5; Int: 0; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Perception +3 (w/Darkvision); Insight: +1 | Inspiration: Yes

Kag begins chuckling, then there is a metallic thud as something hits the floor.


Combat:
shortsword +5 (1d6+3) | shortbow +5 (1d6+3)
HP 15/15 | AC 15 | STR 12 DEX* 16 CON 12 INT* 14 WIS 10 CHA 14 | spd 30 | Perc +0; Pass. 10; darkvision | Zvarr Rogue 2 | HD 1/2 | Insp. 0/1 | Effects: None

"Don't leave us hanging. What do you see in there?" Zeroks whispers from beyond the doorway, where hopefully it was safe.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf | HP:20 | AC:18 | Init: 4 | Per: 3 | DV 60' | Spells: 2 lvl 1 slots | Paladin 2 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +5

"Think we found where they were storing our possessions. Feels good to have my sword back!" Reishi drags out his gear and begins donning his armor. He smiles at Voleryn, "This ought to brighten your day a bit!"


AC: 16 | Max HP: 25 | Init: +2 | Saves: Str: +4; Dex: +2; Con: +5; Int: 0; Wis: +1; Cha: -1 | Perception +3 (w/Darkvision); Insight: +1 | Inspiration: Yes

Kag continues to chuckle as he comes out, buckling on his weapon belts. As he emerges from the room, he has a pack on his back with a massive hammer strapped onto the left-hand side. A quiver of javelins are attached on the other side of his pack, and a pair of handaxes sit shoved into loops that hang from his belt which allow for easy access.

He opens a belt pouch and adorns an intricately carved stone ring that is inlaid with various rare metals, mithral and adamantine chief among them. With a closer look, you see the symbol is of a mountain peak being sundered by an axe.

"Well, now, at least our kidnappers weren't thieves. I'll give them that much."

Was there any exit out of the other room, or is there another exit we have missed?


Female Triton Sorc 2 | AC 15 | HP 14 | 2/3x1st slots | SP 2 | Saves: Str +2; Dex +2; Con +4; Int +1; Wis +1; Cha +6

"Thank you, while I am not helpless without my equipment, I feel better being prepared in this place. My name is Voleryn, or Vol, if you'd rather." Volerys quickly dons her gear and moves to aid Reishi with his armour.

Volerys equipment is of odd materials and design, but her crossbow, daggers and pack are all obvious in function.

1 to 50 of 396 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Legendary Planet: To Worlds Unknown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.