Ironperenti's Skull and Shackles

Game Master Ironperenti

Character Treasure Tracker

S&S on role20

Disrepute 2 Infamy 2


1,251 to 1,300 of 1,347 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

M DM

Pegsworthy sheaths his sword and shakes the proffered hand, "Aye, that be me. Good to meet ya Captain. Been in these waters long?" Seeing Pegsworthy relax, the others sheath their blades as well.


F Human Cleric of Besmara 4 | HP 23/23| AC 13 TO 11 FF 10 | F +4 R +2 W +8 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Perc +5

Cap'ns, with your permissions, I'd like to assist with the wounded. Bessie addresses the two captains, and unless either objects; she moves towards the base of the mast to help Orslaw and the man in the crow's nest and will follow up the man they pulled out of the clutches of the flying wasps.


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 19/47 NL 4 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

"Of course, Bessie. You never need to ask me to see to our wounded." turning back to Pegsworthy, he says "Some longer than others, we've not been together as a crew long." Guillaume hesitates but, recalling that Pegsworthy is no friend to Harrigan, takes a risk. "We'd previously been...compelled to serve elsewhere, but were assigned as a prize crew and were able to deal with the few officers loyal to the captain who'd press-ganged us."


M DM

"Bad business that, press-ganging a crew. You'll need to make yourself a reputation or you'll be set upon soon enough. How much longer you got in port?"

Rickety steps up. "We should be about it for another four days. Speaking of our near incident, could one of you good Captain's send up some of your boys and see what has happened to my lookout?"

Bessie finds there are six people injured. A count of everyone discovers that two must have been carried away or fled into the jungle. Orslaw manages to climb to the crows nest and finds the man safe and sound at the bottom of the basket with a wooden mallet for protection. They both climb down safely.


F Human Cleric of Besmara 4 | HP 23/23| AC 13 TO 11 FF 10 | F +4 R +2 W +8 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Perc +5

Bessie does her best to treat wounds and stings and care for those that are hurt. She will talk with them while she treats them and listen to whatever information they have to offer; always looking for something to leverage or a potential addition to the Perilous Crew. She will be sure to point out that it is the blessings of Besmara that she is passing on through her healing.


Female CG Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 30' | Bombs: 8/8

Nasifi sticks by Guillaume just in case there's some problem. She doesn't make her side look any more impressive or intimidating though. Facing a bunch of strangers, she fidgets awkwardly, then finally offers a stammered "hello" and wave to them.


M Human Fighter (Corsair) 4 | HP 27/40 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +5 R +3 W +2 | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +1

Orslaw volunteers to take a couple of the Pearl's crew and check on the lookout.


Female CG Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 30' | Bombs: 8/8

Since she's beginning to feel really awkward standing around with Guillaume and the other pirates, and weapons are no longer out, Nasifi goes to help with the injured.

Heal (Aid): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Or not so much.


M DM

There is a path that runs up to the lookout along the side of the large steep hill at the mouth of the river. You saw it when you arrived as the lookout raised a flag as you entered the estuary. Orslaw along with Cogsward and Rattsberger head off along the jungle trail to check on the wayward lookout.

Along the way they run into a pair of boar rooting around the path. The three of them had made plenty of noise and the boars disappear into the underbrush before the trio reaches them. Near the top of the hill they easily spot the hut in which the lookout stays. Upon entering they find a dead man lying on a cot, badly swollen with a large sting upon his chest. An excellently crafted morning star lies where it fell from his hands.


M Human Fighter (Corsair) 4 | HP 27/40 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +5 R +3 W +2 | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +1

Orslaw quickly attempts a heal check to see if he can do anything to resuscitate the lookout.
Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Yes, that is unfortunately trained...
He stops unless he has any luck in the first 60 seconds. If successful, he sends Rattsberger running back for Bessie's aid. If unable to change the poor man's condition, he hands Cogsward the morningstar and he will carry the lookout's body and see what Rickity would like to do with them both.


M DM

Orslaw merely confirms that the man had a violent reaction to the sting and most likely suffocated shortly thereafter.


M DM

Orslaw and the other two form a litter and throughout the rest of the afternoon take turns dragging the man and his belongings back down to the village. Rickety is grateful for you checking on him and since he has no family he offers the lookout's belongings to you as a thanks. A man and a woman show up to collect the body to prepare it for burial.

Since the big house is full, Captain Pegsworthy chooses to stay on his ship and await the completion of repairs. He and his sailors come ashore daily over the next four days. In one of the Peril Crew meetings, Ambrose mentions it is good luck to have a ship christened by a Lady or one of the Free Captains. It might be something to ask of Pegsworthy. Otherwise, it is rather uneventful for the remaining four days.

You can pursue character actions, craft/profession as you like for four days worth of time.


F Human Cleric of Besmara 4 | HP 23/23| AC 13 TO 11 FF 10 | F +4 R +2 W +8 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Perc +5

Bessie would offer to officiate a funeral ceremony for the fallen lookout. She would also offer her healing skills and perform appropriate ceremonies for Besmara.
If there is a suitable unused location, and only with Rickety's permission - building a shrine to Besmara. Healing offered for labor, materials, or other support for a shrine to the Pirate Queen at the pirate port

Bessie will also spend a day attempting to recruit suitable crew members for the Perilous crew: Unsuccessfully
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Could Crow attempt to gain Infamy for the Peril/ous Crew while we are here, even as an NPC?


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 19/47 NL 4 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Guillaume approaches Captain Pegsworthy as the ship nears completion. "Now, Captain, I was wondering if you might be interested in commissioning our new Pearl. They say it's good luck to have a Free Captain commission a vessel, after all."

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Anybody want to aid? I suppose if I'm to be doing the captain thing I might oughta put a rank or two in Diplomacy. lol


M DM

"I'd be honored Captain de'Lion." Captain Pegsworthy replied. He then invited everyone to a drink on him.

Any downtime actions?

The day before the ship is to launch the Peril Crew are discussing how to proceed. Scrimshaw wants to hunt down Harrigan and have at him. Ambrose counsels to sail south and avoid Harrigan while building a reputation of your own taking vessels you can handle. Cusswell thinks you should go to a town to gather more crew. With Vlad staying here and adding your five you will only have 17 to crew a ship that needs 20.

For game purposes we will say Vlad has fallen ill and is unable to go to sea. Should he be able to return he can rejoin when the ship makes a surprise visit.

@Bessie: Yes, you may make an infamy check with Vlad.


M Human Fighter (Corsair) 4 | HP 27/40 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +5 R +3 W +2 | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +1

Orslaw spends the first couple of days primarily resting as his body fights off the effects of the hornets' poison.
4 Dex damage, by my count, so 2 full days of rest (not just 8 hours) should heal that up without assistance.

After he is well, he attempts to recruit some of the people from the bar telling stories of the lizard folk, showing off the choker that is supposed to blow his head off, and seeing if any young potential sailors are interested in making a name for themselves.

Recruiting: 1d20 ⇒ 3


M DM

Orslaw's tales scare off any would be recruits and even makes some of the current crew reconsider their options. By happenstance, Bessie has detect magic active when near the morningstar that belonged to the late lookout. She finds it is magical (+1).


F Human Cleric of Besmara 4 | HP 23/23| AC 13 TO 11 FF 10 | F +4 R +2 W +8 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Perc +5

In addition to her activities in her previous post...
Bessie would take care of Orlsaw to speed his healing; even though he could heal on his own; he is Peril Crew and she would never leave wounded unattended!

Bessie urges Vlad to tell tales of their exploits on the ghoul island, and with the goblin-squids.
Vlad tells a rousing tale... Perform: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

She will share her findings regarding the morningstar with the rest of the crew.


M DM

posted disrepute and infamy at top of page. Where does the crew head?


F Human Cleric of Besmara 4 | HP 23/23| AC 13 TO 11 FF 10 | F +4 R +2 W +8 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Perc +5

We had talked about going back to the ghoul/goblin-squid island and investigating the wreck that lay nearby, and potentially looting the island more. Bessie likes that idea, after that, as long as we are at sea, Bessie will be happy.


Female CG Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 30' | Bombs: 8/8

Nasifi spends another day working to fill out the ship’s stock of alchemists fire.

Craft Alchemy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

She spends the next couple of days afterward enjoying her remaining time on land, spending some time hanging around with Jack. In the course of a bit of drinking in the evenings she does what she can to drum up some interest in crewing the ship. Nasifi takes a different angle then the others, talking up the ship and crew as a friendly and welcoming place for Caydenites like herself.

Perform (Oratory): 1d20 ⇒ 7

Ugh, sadly no crew recruited. I roll so terribly in this game. Don't we also have to find a "fish-man" to help Orslaw keep his head? :p


M DM

The final day comes and Captain Pegsworthy gives a sound speech before christening the ship as she is released into the water. Without a bottle of champagne, he smashed a bottle of port on the prow but it seems fitting in current company. Then the Peril Crew, down three sailors, sets out into the sea.

The pilot, Cogward, turns to Guillaume, "Where to Captain?"


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 19/47 NL 4 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

"As I recall, we need to find a Sahuagin. Anyone know where to find one?"


M Human Fighter (Corsair) 4 | HP 27/40 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +5 R +3 W +2 | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +1

"I know we spotted that shipwreck near the cursed, ghoul-infested island. It may not have Sahuagin, but it may be a good place to start unless someone else has better ideas," Oslaw offers to the captain.


Female CG Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 30' | Bombs: 8/8

"Nope, no better ideas Orslaw. Running with a slim crew as we are, we're in no shape to draw notice to ourselves or look for a fight. Best we see if we can salvage some treasure and use the profits to talk ourselves up and gather more crew. The shipwreck should be fairly easy pickings. I hope...


M DM

To the wreck off the coast of Bonewrack Isle then?


M Human Fighter (Corsair) 4 | HP 27/40 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +5 R +3 W +2 | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +1

Make it so, number one. :-)
Engage!


F Human Cleric of Besmara 4 | HP 23/23| AC 13 TO 11 FF 10 | F +4 R +2 W +8 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Perc +5

Bessie nods agreement with Orslaw and Nasifi, and looks to the open ocean, eager to be at sea again.


M DM

The ship heads out and is able to move with more speed with a nearly full crew. The week and a half travel from Bonewrack Isle turns into five headed back. Thoughts of the ghoulish tree gives everyone the shivers when they pass the isle. Near the wreck on the southwest side you drop anchor. It was clear the last few days. today is overcast but it has not rained yet. The wreck can be made out through the clear water as can a variety of tropical fish.


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 19/47 NL 4 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Stepping up on the ship's rail nearest the wreck, Guillaume smiles to the crew. "So, who's going down with me?"


Female CG Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 30' | Bombs: 8/8

Nasifi steps forward.

"Probably best I go with you Cap'n. We can stay down the longest."


M DM

They (Guillaume, Nasifi, and anyone else going down) drop into the water. The ship has held up relatively well. The main mast has snapped off, a cage large enough to hold three or four individuals sits on the aft end of the ship. The figurehead, sticking up out of the mud and silt at the fore, is that of a gargoyle. A large hole is in the port side, probably where it struck the reef.


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 19/47 NL 4 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Guillaume begins to speak, before remembering that none of his companions speak Aquan. Instead he merely gestured toward the hole, before approaching cautiously.

Take 10 on Perception for 17. Also, Move action toward the ship, readying my Standard action to Blast anything hostile that emerges.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 5) + 9 = 19


M DM

Guillaume just make out parts of the head of a moray eel inside the hole in the ship. He could shoot at it from here suffering penalties for being underwater and it having cover or he can move closer to eliminate the eel's cover bonus but then having to deal with its ability to react.

1d20 ⇒ 7


Female CG Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 30' | Bombs: 8/8

Nasifi drinks a potion of Touch of the Sea and follows Guillaume down to the wreck. She follows his cues.


F Human Cleric of Besmara 4 | HP 23/23| AC 13 TO 11 FF 10 | F +4 R +2 W +8 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Perc +5

With the others going over the edge Bessie makes sure that the ballista at the aft of the ship are manned, the crows nest is focused on looking for other ships, and the spars are prepared to be used as hoists in the event that the group finds something worth salvaging. She then waits with spear and spell at the ready.


M DM

Nasifi PER: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


M Human Fighter (Corsair) 4 | HP 27/40 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +5 R +3 W +2 | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +1

Orslaw stays on deck with his spears. He stands ready to jump in the water if necessary or needed. If things stay clear, he is definitely happy to help pull up treasure from the wreck below them.
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


M DM

Guillaume, what do you think? What shall you do?

Nasifi, if he is delayed, post actions for both of you tomorrow.


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 19/47 NL 4 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

How does being underwater affect a water blast? If it's going to be limited down here, I presumably would know that. Anwyay, I shoot it if that works (or if I somehow don't know better) Or advance, dagger drawn if a blast is a bad idea.


Female CG Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 30' | Bombs: 8/8

Nasifi has her crossbow, which I believe does work underwater...


M DM

The water blast is affected as other attacks underwater. I do not believe it is a piercing attack and since it uses a large volume of water it would suffer standard penalties. -2 to hit and half damage for slashing and bludgeoning weapons. Piercing functions normally.


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 19/47 NL 4 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Eh, I'll go for it for now.

Guillaume takes his shot, hoping to scare the eel off with the sudden rush of water (if nothing else).


M DM

It noticeably feels the water rush by but it mostly hits the boat and is deflected. The eel does pull back further into the hull of the ship so that its mouth is no longer visible.


Female CG Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 30' | Bombs: 8/8

Nasifi has intended to take a shot at the eel, following Guillaume’s lead. But when it retreats into the hull, she holds. Looking over at Guillaume she shrugs at him in an exaggerated manner as if to say ”what should I do now?”


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 19/47 NL 4 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Guillaume shrugs back, draws a dagger, and heads toward the ship.

Going into the ship, will stop if attacked (duh!) or if I see the eel.


M DM

Nearing the edge of the hole Guillaume can just make out the eel. It has pulled back into the dark recesses, its fanged mouth held slightly open.


Female CG Human Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 30' | Bombs: 8/8

Nasifi follows Guillaume down, keeping her crossbow at the ready.


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 19/47 NL 4 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Guillaume puts away his dagger, thinking the better of knife-fighting an eel. Concentrating on drawing a concentration of water to him, he unleashes it in a concentrated punch.

Move Action to gather power, standard to use pushing infusion

Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 2 = 8
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 5) + 9 = 19(Divided by 2 for 10? Or 9? Not that it matters.)


F Human Cleric of Besmara 4 | HP 23/23| AC 13 TO 11 FF 10 | F +4 R +2 W +8 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Perc +5

Bessie watches the shadows move about under the waves, wondering what they are doing.
She sighs as she looks at the sea lap against the hull. I miss Beket and Bleepos and Crow.I hope they are having as good a time as we;
With that thought she begins her prayers, asking the Pirate Queen to guide her comrades beneath the waves, and watch out for the rest of the Peril Crew, wherever the winds and tides have taken them.

1,251 to 1,300 of 1,347 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ironperenti's Skull & Shackles Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.