Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


1,801 to 1,850 of 1,880 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

They are watching you at present, it looks like they will become hostile if you move towards the devices.


What do you want to do?


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Bad news, if we go in there, they attack. Good news, I've got a new trick I'm itching to try.'


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

In the absence of counsel to the contrary, Poshment slowly and awkwardly sidles into the next room.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz nods at Alldur, ”go ahead, I’ve got your back if you need help.”

Poshment, could you tag Grezzag with a few heals? I think he’s still hurt from the Chuul.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Better to engage them and then let me pick my target. I think I can temporarily disable one of them to even the odds a bit.'


As Poshment moves into the room the robots activate.

Alldur initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Zimdoz initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Poshment initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Vivianne initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Grezzag initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

collector robot initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


So initiative order is:

Block 1: You guys

Block 2: Robots

So, over to you.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Milani, bestow your grace upon us and rust the joints of these beep-boop-boops!" Poshment says reverentially to the ceiling, his holy symbol glowing with divine promise.

A moment later, a gently compelling need to free the robots of their mortal coil fills his companions, while the closest thing to impending doom as possible creeps into the motherboards of the robots.
________
Prayer! Sorry, missed his damage. If it is ok with the GM, Poshment will heal Grezzag for...
CLW vs Grezzag: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW vs Grezzag: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW vs Grezzag: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW vs Grezzag: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW vs Grezzag: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
...25 points over 5 charges! Will do more as needed/allowed.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'One moment on the new trick!' Alldur says while producing a bolt of electricity that arcs towards the robots.

Lightning Bolt: 7d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 5, 4, 3, 3, 2) + 3 = 26 Metal Rending

Lightning bolt to hit as many as I can at once. DC 18 Reflex for half


Yeah that's fine you can heal Grezzag.

reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


With Alldur's bolt striking them, although some of them manages to evade it the fact that they are vulnerable to electricity means they are blow apart. As the robots due just for a moment on one of the glass panels on the walls you see a face of what looks like a devil but you realise it is actually the creature Hellion. It growls at you and then disappears.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'I guess the old tricks are sometimes the best.' Alldur says, taken aback at the results of his spell.

Alldur enters the room cautiously, keeping an eye out for any AI installed booby traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne charges into the room and starts swinging her blade, a frown on her lips as she takes in the robots.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 17


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"You'll have to teach me that trick Alldur!" Poshment says with a smile as he skips into the room. "Should I push buttons or something now? I really want to..."


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz nods in approval at Alldur, ”good work!” and he lets Alldur examine the console, as Alldur seems to know more about these things. Zimdoz will search the room and robots for parts and valuables.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25


Zimdoz, you realise that this is some kind of central control, it is probably what is allowing Hellion to follow your preogress. You think if you can disable or destroy this unit you will be able to prevent Hellion from following your progress.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz cracks his knuckles, and tries to carefully and diligently disable the central control unit.

disable device on the control unit, local ties: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

Might be able to disable it with local ties.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

...I thought some were still alive. Now I feel stupid. >_>


Zimdoz, you are able to manipulate the machinery so that the power source is broken, for a moment the image of Hellion appears on one of the glass panels, then disappears, screaming in rage.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'I don't think he liked that.'


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz shrugs, ”I expect he doesn’t like any of us. We’ve been messing with his plans for a while. What’s a little bit more anger?” He grins, ”We have to take advantage of the fact that unlike most of the folks in Numeneria, we seem to understand at least the basic bits of this science he stole, Alldur. He hasn’t seemed to figure that out yet.” Zimdoz sniffs around, ”let’s move on friends, nothing here. We’ll find him eventually.”

S4 next? If nothing there, S5 and then S6?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Poshment vigorously nods his head in agreement. "Yeah! I know loads about this science stuff!" Although despite his earnestness, it doesn't take much thinking to disprove his claim.

"Maybe once Hellion is... dead? We can start turning the people on the Technic League! They're probably in kahoots anyways..." he whispers conspiratorially.
________
Sounds like a plan to me!


S4

The air of this large room is warm and stuffy, and buzzes with energy. Countless blinking lights, wriggling shapes, and unusual strings of writing scroll across glass panels mounted on the walls, amid a dizzying array of buttons, switches, dials, wheels, levers, and other controls, the function of which one can only guess.
Six immense pillars lined with glowing panels support the ceiling eleven feet above, and a circulr platform to the east sits under a slowly rotating semitransparent image of a curious contraption with long arms, one of which appears to be an immense spinning disc. Beyond this, two windows look out over a metal platform, which in turn looks out over an immense damp cavern lit by brilliant beams of light emanating from unseen sources below and above.

Rubble clutters the room's floor here and there, as if pieces of furniture were once affixed to the ground but had long since been torn free, while to the northeast, the room's walls have bucked downward.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur watches the writing scroll across the glass for a moment trying to decipher it's meaning. He draws a wand from his belt and waves it over himself and sets to studying the scroll once more.

Comprehend languages to see if I can figure it out


You can see that the image appears to be a very stylised map. It is almost as if the images are those as would be seen from the sky as oppose to a traditional map. One of the chambers is labelled 'excavator' and appears to be in a chamber on a lower level. Near to this chamber there is a blinking red light which is labelled 'Hellion'.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'If I'm reading it right, Hellion should be just about here.' Alldur points to the blinking red light.


Where next?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Oooooh let's save him for the veeeery end!" Poshment suggests, scribbling the location on a crude map.
________
I like Zimdoz's idea of S5 then S6!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz agrees with the disembodied voice of his past self.


S5

There is nothing of interest here apart from stores of food and water.

S6

The eastern half of this room appears to be some sort of workshop, with all manner of metalworking tools hanging from the walls over junk-strewn tables. To the west, a sagging cot sits against a partially crumpled metal wall next to a two foot tall metal cabinet. Dozens of empty tubes from which strange fluids drip lie in a heap atop the chest. What looks like a partially completed and crudely constructed mechanical orc marionette or machine slumps against a metal cage-like frame at the foot of the cot.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Poshment shifts nervously in place. He tries really hard to cast Alldur his best innocent glance. "Can I touch it?" he whispers, the not-quite-an-orc orc practically begging him to investigate.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz says, "no! Ugh, it might... just hold on." Zimdoz searches everything for horrible traps, and looks for treasure in the cabinet.

Perception for traps, take 10 for 25, same perception to find treasure. If the cabinet is locked, Zimdoz will (as always) take 10 to disable, for 26. If it doesn't work, he'll roll.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Yeah, let us take a look' Alldur attempts to determine how far from operational the mecha-orc is.

Know Engi: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20


Alldur, you can tell that the marionette is a poorly built attempt at a construct. Looking at it, it was so badly designed and executed that it was unlikely to ever produce functional results.

Loot: 12 unused goo tubes
two vials of cureall

There is also a reinforced cabinet made of glaucite which is locked.


What would you like to do?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Pouting that the machine isn't dangerous, he walks up to the cabinet and begins rattling the lock. "Ziiiimdoooozzzzz! Save me from that which bars me from the unknooooooown!" he laments dramatically.
________
Next room once the lock has been picked and everything has been looted!


Is anyone trying to pick the lock?


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur cracks his knuckles and steps forward. 'Let me take a crack at this.'

Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 30 MWK


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Sorry, I thought I posted a lockpick on Friday. Must have gotten eaten by the subway!

Zimdoz nods and aids Alldur.

Zimdoz checks the lock for traps, first, perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
disable device, aid another: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26


Zimdoz, you do not find any traps. You manage to pick the lock open.

In the lockbox are the following:

- a +1 icy burst dagger
244 silverdisks
17 cracked gemstones worth 50gp each
a green e pick
a timeworn hard light shield (11 charges)
a power cable

There is also a journal which contains the following information:

1) Hellion hopes to use the reactivated excavator as its body and can transform it into a mobile stronghold that may even be capable of burrowing into the heart of Silver Mount. Unfortunately the structure still requires vast amount of power, and Meyanda's failure to gather that power has resulted in an unwelcome delay to his plan. Hellion hopes that this is but a temporary setback, but knows that every day that passes before it can strike against Unity, the greater AI will continue to grow in power-if Unity can find a way to extend its influence beyond Silver Mount in a significant way, it will be too late to oppose it.

2) With the excavation and repowering of the excavator delayed, Hellion recently revealed an interesting secret: Hellion was not the first of the Iron Gods spawned by the entity it calls "Unity". Another name came before him-a "prophet of Unity" named Casandalee. Hellion regards Casandalee as a sister, and notes that just as it escape Unity, Casandalee betrayed Unity and escaped as well.

3) When Casandalee fled Unity she took with her a device called a neurocam, onto which had been recorded many of Unity's secrets and, Hellion hopes Unity's weaknesses. Fortunately Unity's robotic minions were never able to track down and capture Casandalee, so Hellion believes this neurocam still exists, hidden away wherever Casandalee ended up. She was an android, not an artificial intelligence, and she has certainly been dead for many centuries, but if the site of her death could be discovered it might be possible to retrieve the stolen neurocam and extract key information about Unity.

4) Hellion has discovered that Unity's robots finally caught up with Casandalee in southern Numeria, in an area now settled by worshippers of Erastil- the town of Iadenveigh.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"So, I'm no expert in foiling baddies," Poshment says in a tone that indicates otherwise, "but it soooounds like we gotta BLOW THIS THANG UP AND GET TO IADENVEIGH ASAP! WOO!" he shouts, throwing his hands in the air with his pointer and pinky fingers raised.


Where would you like to go next?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

I say we make our way to S12 via S11!


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz processes all of the new information about Hellion. ”This is much more complex than I thought. Competing enemies, each with each other, and all are against us, in the end, I suspect.” He shakes his head. Then he sniffs the air and nods at Poshment, ”indeed!”

It depends on what’s accessible. It looks like S12 is on a lower level. Should we go to S7 first to get to S12? I assume there’s some stairs and ramps, but I can’t figure it out from the top down. We should go to wherever gets us to clearing the rest of the floor, especially the rest of the caves as Poshment said.


Yeah the map is a bit eird. As far as I can see you'd need to go round from S7. The little side passage from S11 leads down to the next level (T1) so either way it would be S7, S10, S11 and then either S12 or T1.

So s7

A large, dank cave sprawls to the west of a metal structure buried in the walls. An immense trestle of metal beams and struts extends from the side of the structure and into the wall opposite, while a stone ramp winds from a metal landing along the side of the structure down into the cave depths below.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Down doesn't seem like the right way... let's hook a right and keep going!" Poshment suggests, skipping forward and around the corner without a care in the world. "Where does all this metal come from? Seems like an expensive set of decorations and the Feng Shui is just.. all off, eww."
________
Unless Poshment gets mauled, to S10!


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Common thought is that it all fell from the sky. From what we've learned I'm thinking these are some kind of flying ships used to ferry people from world to world.'


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz nods, "You weren't here when I was thinking about it, but they figured out way to do almost magical things using no magic. Such as flying. My teacher taught me a bit about it, and Alldur too. It's why we're able to mess with their stuff pretty well." He points at the metal, "they must need a lot of metal to do it."


Can everyone make a Perception check please

1,801 to 1,850 of 1,880 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.