Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


1,751 to 1,800 of 2,000 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"The plot thickens!" Poshment cheers, hands raised overhead. "So once we deal with Hellion, we can try to cut Prime Hellion out of this mess too! So many people will be saved and left to live free lives!"

The Gnome spends the next few minutes skipping happily in circles while the more learned of his companions have a think over what other secrets the notes could have.


What do you want to do next?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

”We still have to find Hellion.” Zimdoz looks around the level for any other exits they missed.

Is that a staircase to another level? Zimdoz searches the rest of the level, if there are no more monsters on the R level, looking for any remaining treasure or secrets. Perception 27.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Seconded!


Yeah, there are a set of stairs leading down from R3 - map updated

A flight of metal stairs descends along the outer edge of a partially buried metal structure here. A door allows access into the structure from a landing below, while brilliant lights cast illumination out to the south, into a large, damp cave. Far below, a pool of foul green fluid bubbles and smokes.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Poshment makes sure his mask is in place before sending a sideways glance at the party. "Do we have to get close to that? Ominous seems to be an understatement."
________
Would we be able to wait 15 minutes for Poshment to prep a 4th level spell in his shiny new spell slot?! After we check out the pit of doom in S9, let's follow the tunnel to S8!


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

She wrinkles her nose at the pool and shakes her head. "I really don't want to go near it either."


Where next?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Brief look at S9 then S8 is my vote.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz does, in fact, take a look at the bubbling fluid. As an alchemist, he is keenly interested in what it might be.

"Do you uh, mind if I take a sample?" He rubs his hands together, and grabs one of his iron flasks. "It looks interesting - why is it bubbling here?"

Perception take 10, for 25, to determine the fluid by smell.
Craft (alchemy) to identify the fluid?: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Happy to check out S8 as well, and if we do, Zimdoz checks for traps as they go, take 10 perception for 25 on the way to S8 (only mundane and tech traps)


Zimdoz, you can tell that the fluid works similar to the hemlock poison.

Moving on to S9

A forest of foul-smelling, dripping stalactites hangs over a large bubbling pool of noxious fluid in this cave. Some of the stalactites have grown all the way down to the surface of the fluid. Above, calcified ribbons trace the path these slowly dribbling fluids have taken over the years from the partially buried metal structure that looms to the north.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Poshment tries to cover his eyes (although he can't help but to peak) from the horrifying scene of Zimdoz willing moving closer and taking a sample of the goop. As the Ratfolk leads the way to the next cavern the Gnome shakes himself out of fear's grip and totters along after him.

"Bleh, more of that stuff!" he wines. "This place is eerie. I don't like it. Zimdoz, if you're going to do something with it again, hop to it so I can leave!" he pleads.

Tugging on Vivianne's sleeve, he squints around the room. "Think any of this might be... Evil? Like, CAPITAL E Evil?!"
________
After a look around, let's head ever-onward to the next room!


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

She tilted her head for a moment in thought, before focusing on the substance to try and sense any potential evil.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

I think the bubbling pool is S9, right? I got my hemlock sample from the pool in S9. S8 is a bit farther to the west.


Yeah that's correct- can everyone make a Perception check please?


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur watches curiously as Zimdoz collects his sample but keep his distance.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Alldur, you can see something moving in the pool.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Nothing but rocks and goopy goop..."
________
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Perc: 1d20 ⇒ 15


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Careful, there's something in there.' Alldur prepares for some strange beast to burst from the sludge.

Ready to hit what surfaces with a lightning bolt.


Zimdoz you see a lobster-like creature with a thick armoured shell. A pair of tiny eyes gleams above a mouth full of writhing tentacles.

Knowledge dungeoneering checks please


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

[ooc]Zimdoz is now very good at these with his gunslinger level.[/dice]

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23


Zimdoz, you recognise the creature as a chuul. They are immune to poison and they have tentacles which can paralyse their victims.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

I'll zap it as a suprise round action unless I'm too horrified by the creature to act on my readied action

Lightning Bolt: 7d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 2, 4, 6, 1, 1) = 21

DC 18 Reflex for half


reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


The lightning bolt hits the chuul as it comes out of the pool.

Alldur initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Zimdoz initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Poshment initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Vivianne initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Grezzag initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

chuul initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


So initiative order is:

Block 1: Chuul

Block 2: You guys

chuul target: 1d3 ⇒ 3


The chuul moves across and attacks Grezzag

claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 1) + 7 = 12

CMB: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38


The chuul smashes Grezzag with its claw and then grabs him in a grapple.

Over to you guys


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

She draws her blade and leaps forward with a snarl, blade drawn as she begins to hack at the creature.

Longsword Power Attack 1: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 1 - 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 12

Longsword Power Attack 2: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 - 2 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 14


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur draws an all-too-familiar wand from his belt and launches an all-too-familiar salvo of missiles at the creature.

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) + 3 = 9


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

"Ack, immune to poison, and has things to paralyze people. Save Grezzag!

Zimdoz turns to the creature hurting Grezzag, and fires an ordnance tanglefoot shot at it, hoping to avoid hitting Grezzag

Dragon pistol, ranged touch, pbs, cover: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 - 4 = 14
Dragon pistol damage, pbs, ordnance: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + (2, 5, 4) + 4 = 20

If hit, the chuul attempts a DC 17 reflex save or be glued to the ground and entangled.


Vivianne's blow misses.

Alldur's bolt flies through the air and strikes the creature.

Zimdoz's shot goes wild, missing the creature.

Poshment, what do you want to do?


Poshment readies to cast remove paralysis on Grezzag should the tentacles affect him.

Grezzag will try to break free of the tentacles.

CMB: 120 + 9 = 129


CMB: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Grezzag fails to break free.

The Chuul transfers Grezzag to its tentacles and then attacks Vivianne.

claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 1) + 7 = 14

And back to you guys


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz curses in undercommon and tries again to shoot the Chuul, firing an ordnance tanglefoot shot at it, hoping to avoid hitting Grezzag

Dragon pistol, ranged touch, pbs, cover, rapid shot: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 1 - 2 = 29
Dragon pistol damage, pbs, ordnance: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + (2, 4, 6) + 4 = 20

He then quickly loads his pistol with a regular bullet, and tries again, without an Ordnance

Dragon pistol, ranged touch, pbs, cover, rapid shot: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 1 - 2 = 23
Dragon pistol damage, pbs: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

If hit by the first shot, the chuul attempts a DC 17 reflex save or be glued to the ground and entangled.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur launches another salvo of missiles at the creature.

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) + 3 = 14


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Hissing as the claw catches her arm, she drew her arm back before swinging at the creature again.

Longsword Power Attack 1: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2d1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 1 - (2, 3) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 24

Longsword Power Attack 2: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2d1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 - (6, 2) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 18


Zimdoz, your bullets strike the creature and it screams in pain, before it can recover Alldur's spell strikes it in the chest and then Vivianne moves in, finishing it off.

Where next?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

”How hurt are you Grezzag? Can you walk?” Zimdoz asks Poshment to heal Grezzag up a bit.

I know Poshment is out for a few days, so maybe we can just use a wand? Not sure how hurt Grezzag is.

Zimdoz points up the stairs, ”We might as well check back on that upper level. That seems to be more built up.” If nobody objects, he will climb up and head towards it, checking for traps as he goes.

Perception take 10 for 25.
S2 and S3?


Grezzag has lost 12 hp- yeah wands are fine.

S2 appears to have been a guard post but it appears to have been abandoned, probably thanks to the actions of your allies. The door to S3 is locked.


Is anyone going to try and unlock the door?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Busy today, sorry.

After checking for traps, Zimdoz tries to unlock the door in front of him.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31


The walls of this chamber are obscured by banks of mechanical devices, flashing lights, and panels displaying messages in an alien script, images and mysterious markings that shift and change with astonishing speed. The air is warm and smells slightly metallic, while a high pitched drone emanates from all corners of the room. Inside the room are 4 robots.

Knowledge arcana to find out more about the robots.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Poshment blinks his eyes hard several times as the lights and whirring machinery overwhelm his senses. "Ok Alldur, the hell am I looking at?! Are those things going to try to get feisty with us? I'll wind up the ol' Robo-Smasher if so!" he says, hiking a thumb at Grezzag.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

Alldur marvels at the sheer amount of active technology in the room, nearly salivating at the thought of getting to study some portion of it.


Alldur, you recognise them as observer robots. They have all around vision and they are vulnerable to critical hits and to electricity.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Do they appear hostile or are they in a standby mode?

1,751 to 1,800 of 2,000 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.