Iobaria: The Fallen Empire

Game Master Corerue

A group of Mercenaries set off with their Mercenary company into the dark lands known as Iobaria. Braving the fallen realm and what dark history lies therein to make their mark, make some gold and perhaps become heroes...

Ambushing the Raiders!


1,301 to 1,330 of 1,330 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

Just want to make sure I'm understanding fully. Is he having a Gollum style argument/conversation with himself while one tries to convince the other I'm too dangerous?


He is, though standing over the water is an image of himself, but the voice is definietly still coming from him.

Tidus's eyebrows steadily rise and he inches a blade out of its sheath in response to the madness he's witnessing before him.

Aslan scoffs loudly at the madman before her as he continues his ramblings. Much to her annoyance.

Happy new year and away we go!

The ragged voice rises loudly pounding his chest as he speaks. "We should have been there then. We had a responsibili-"

The water seems to boil now as the hardened voice cuts himself off. "To protect him not some confused Half-horses!"

He staggers back in shock in dismay before retorting. "So we are cowards, who can't protect more then one thing?"

The hardened voice looks ready to tear its own hair out as it rages. "Cowards! The last copper Dragon of Iobaria! Yes, Yes, YES! He is more important than horses more apt to kill one another then band together. They are worse then these backwards human tribesman!"

The water becomes smooth as the ragged voice returns calmer and waves a hand over the water partially dispelling the image. Which visibly resists. "Enough! No more specisist insults from an addled malady of the MIND!"

But the hardened voice, now greatly diminished but hissing venom. "Mark me. It'll happen again. She'll repeat her ancestor's sins upon the herd. This time though..." He begins to fade, eyes narrow and piercing like daggers for Rhavenna. "... they won't be able to flee... from what they did..."

He waves his hand again and this time the image of himself wavers before it falls, like it had been cut down with a sword. The elven man falls to his knees as well. Clearly exhausted with sweat running down his neck from the mental undertaking.

When he finally collects himself he remains where his is and says rather calmly as he stares into the water. "I was a Dragonrider, once long ago, sworn to aid Grenalf Faldirk and the Paladins of the Priory you escaped from. To aid in the resurrection of a New Ioberian Kingdom and to drive out the creator of her woes." He was trying to steady his ragged breathing then. "During our final battle's the enemy turned his sights on our allies among the herd. They sought to destroy your kind, cripple our momentum and failed partially because of great sacrifice. We sought to aid the last of your tribe over the mountains and out of their reach and... We almost failed."

He pauses, visibly shaking. "The sent a herald to destroy your kind. We lost all but a handful and We were struck from the skies when it ki-" He swallows, hard. "Tried to kill ou- my Dragon companion. But the bond prevented it at a heavy cost. Madness."

He turns to look at you, his eyes far kinder then they had been. "Seeing you here, now. Means that great change is coming, when they crippled the herds our momentum was gone. Our cause, abandoned by both allies, bonded and bannermen."

He turns completely now, laying his weapons on the cave floor in plain view as he asks. "Why do you come?"


Spoiler:

???: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Sense Motive Dc 31

Tidus watches the man, his steel still a few inches out of the sheath, clearly he is undecided as to whether he is still a threat or not. He slips a glance at Rhavenna, looking at how she was reacting at this moment.

Aslan appears ready to just leave, she has returned her sword to its scabbard. Clearly not interested in the mad ravings of a former elven dragonrider. "Pfft What drivel."


Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

Watching the man warily, Rhavenna lets out a breath, still tense but opting to answer as she exchanges a glance with Tidus, a bit reassured by the readiness of his weapon.

"I...we are trying to reconnect with the rest of our band....a Mercenary unit, the "Blades of Death", across the Icerimes. We were hired by the Lord of Orlov initially and broke off to deal with a few issues." she answers, summarizing their trials. "We have been facing obstacle after obstacle trying to get back to them."


He nods at Your explination, a rueful grin on his face when you talk of being a merc. "The land of your forebearers has changed much. Aside from the Nomen I don't know what has happened in the east where the herds reside. Though... the Blades are just north by North East of here surrounding a town known once as Lenusya..."

He frowns then. "Though the town is no more, it is a breeding ground for fell necromancer's and their undead puppets."

He seems tense as he adds a vague warning. "I
Do know for certain... that you are the last of your kind Rhavenna. I've not hearsd of any other Dvezda survivors in many years... Not even a rumor of them. So be careful how you reveal yourself."


Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

"I...." Rhavenna starts then stops, the information still difficult to process. She was used to being the stand out in a group, often one of the only if not the only centaur in a group, and even then, different. So she chose to define herself differently, as a warrior, and a mercenary, a soldier like any other. Somewhere deep down she was a bit shaken by the finality of the words, but she didn't need other centaurs or specifically other Dvezda to feel a sense of belonging or connection, she had that now.

"I will, thank you for the warning, for helping us." she says gently touching Tidus' shoulder and giving him a look, subtly indicating he might not need his blade now. "I guess that's where we need to head."


He looked troubled as he nods, the beaded sweat on his brow falling as he did. He wipes the sweat away as he speaks. "I understand, wait until dawn though. Spiders are more then likely on the prowl. Vicious beasts have a paralyzing venom in their bite."

He pauses as muffled sounds start to enter the closed cave. The dense rock wall makes it hard to make out without moving closer to the entrance. But he isn't distracted long before he adds. "If you must go... now. Then don't underestimate them..."


Tidus returns Rhavenna's look and slides his sword back into its sheath with an audible clack.

Aslan, seeing Tidus and Rhavenna's reactions seems to settle down more as well. "So, ya choose to stay here and die slowly. Ya said yourself, your protecting a corpse. If its mind is gone then end it and be done with it." Her words come out harsh and biting, her usual bright and cheery self.

Though the sweating elven man looks up and his gaze is piercing, so much so that Aslan goes rigid. "Don't chastise me Mountain Lord when your domain is in chaos as well. You don't know what we faced but you may yet find out."

Aslan starts to look more and more angrier with every word, but before she can get anything in edge wise he adds.

"When you do, you you will run. Especially if you stand alone..." The finality of his words is like a blade, cutting and deep.

Aslan bows up then, obviously not taking warning with grace. "Feh, let it come..." She stops speaking when his gaze hardens.

"Follow me, i'll show you the fate that awaits some. Not all experience such mercy." He says the last word bitterly.

He stands, turning on his heel and heads around the water pools for the alcove he just built when you all arrived. The place where one relieves oneself. Which was always strangely immaculate...

He disappears through it, not looking back to see if anyone was following...

Aslan angrily follows after him, squeezing into the alcove and disappearing behind the overgrown cave mushrooms that obscured the opening.

If you follow:

The opening leading to the cave below has a set of stairs that lead down, something no one could see unless you leaned out and looked to the right of the cave opening. The slime that inhabits the cave seems to be avoiding everyone like they were diseased or terrifying. Running for whatever corner it could find if approached. Not acting at all like they normally would.

The cavern, though not very vast, winds and twists to another set of crude stairs leading up into an obscured and dark cavern, which was absolutely massive. As it needed to be for what it housed. Which was a huge copper dragon, its still form was slumped onto its side with its tail curled around itself and its legs tucked up underneath it. However it's easily seen that it was posed this way, none of its limbs appear to have been moved under its own power and, except for the slight rise and fall of its massive chest, it didn't appear to have moved much.

The elven man approaches slowly, growing in size once more before he picks up one massive clawed leg and moves it back and forth in natural motions. Despite the weight of the task he does so without complaint. As he switches from leg to leg he quietly says. "Every night i'm able I am here, trying to keep him from degrading. For many years now, decades perhaps. I... I guess I stopped keeping track..."

Though its legs and digits appeared in good shape, the dragons wings had degraded, so many years without flight had left them in a battered state. Unexercised and looking gnarled from decay. Though, unsurprisingly, the dragons horns and scales seem pristine though, washed and taken care of.

There is little else in the chamber, save for suits of heavy plated barding, a long lance and other bits of gear for riding a dragon perhaps...


Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

Rhavenna follows through the alcove, squeezing through as best she can. Her jaw drops at the sight of the massive dragon, so long inert as to have suffered atrophy. The sight of something so mighty in such a state is enough to bring the sting of tears to the ranger's eyes, and with it anger at the every encroaching darkness that seems to have taken over this part of the world. "So this is why you stay." she says compassionately, understanding the torment their host must have endured all this time."Is there anything...magic...anything that might restore him?"


"None. Everything I've tried has failed and I fear to leave him alone. However, I believe its a curse, a powerful one..." He sets down one of the dragons massive legs and lays a hand on the side of its head. Rubbing the scales on its still and breathing form affectionately. "Now I'm... not strong enough... to move him away from here." The words come out in a choked manner, it was obviously hard for him to admit his weaknesses. The hopelessness of his situation is apparent but he smiles grimly as he speaks. "So we make our stand here. Alongside the Nomen."

He lifts the dragons head, grunting as he does so and works its neck muscles as best he can. Speaking between grunts as he did so. "It's a stalemate now. Food has dwindled, they're beginning to starve and so will we. In the meantime, I burn their nests to damage their strength. Though they build more I will burn them again and again."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

With that said he continues to work over the dragons limbs, his tall frame managing to move the dragons limbs. He does it without complaining, sweat pouring down his forehead as he moved all around the dragons still form. Laying the limbs back down each time as best he could. He didn't even notice when Aslan slipped away silently. Her face unreadable.

Tidus was no longer as skeptical as he was before. Merely standing there with his arms folded across his chest. When he saw Rhavenna's battered emotions he commented quietly. "'More pain then Hask-Ultharan and more stubborn then a Zastevalian...'" He frowns. "This land is a tormented thing, though many choose to stay. To stubborn or just unwilling to leave."

"If you plan on staying here I will stay with you..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

He watched over the battlefield, the fighting was fierce and his men were fatigued. Unlike their foes, who never tired, never slept and never fell unless completely destroyed. He grimaced as waves of dark magic were hurled from the ramparts surrounding the fallen town of Lenusya. His mercs were smart enough to hold back to where the mages could counterspell but the ramshackle troops from Orlov's noble houses were taking it in the teeth.

Lord Grenalf's dragon laid nearby, the pathetic thing had fewer scales with every day they stayed here. Hawk's gaze swept over it and to the approaching horsemen in foreign armor coming closer with each gallop.

When the ronin had dismounted near him on the edge of their command tent, he gave the tian man an impassive gaze before looking back at the battlefield. Hawk didn't like this siege, it was messy and they lacked the numbers to properly hold the enemy down. The holes in their line would invite further disaster. Finally, he bit what was bothering him. "Whats the word?"

The ronin showed no emotion, like g%@ d$&n usual, as he spoke. "Nothing, rode as far as the lowlands before being attacked by spiders and centipedes the size of men."

"G&#-d$#n insects. What is wrong with this land..."

"Cur-"

Hawk shot him a glare that ceased his talking. "None of that... injuries we can treat. But panic we can't..." He sighed. "I'm calling it. No more searching, we crush these dead bastards first."

At Hawks word's the Tian man touched the pommel of his curved blade. "She is alive."

"She's on her own." Hawks words were a cutting command, he knew the Ronin's loyalty and for some reason, he was attached to Rhavenna. Like several other members of the unit. Much of the pain in his ass it was, he was fond of her too. "We can't keep sending out some of our best to find someone with the speed of the finest mare. It's pointless..."

He paused as the mysterious Lady Lenusya made her appearance, ducking out of the command tent with two of her personal bodyguard. Hooded bastards gave him the creeps. They had no weapons save for their large muscles and a single shield gauntlet on opposite arms from where they always stood near the Noblewoman. Just plain weird. Though where the other two ran off to this time he hadn't knowledge nor a care.

She wasn't alone as Lord Grenalf's made an appearance as well, bastard he was... The arrogant noblemen rankled Hawk and he had half a mind to let some ghouls lose in his tent so he could be rid of him. Not that anyone would care about his passing.

As the lord started to blubber about the cold and their lack of 'success' Hawk spat on the ground...

Wonderful...

That Night

Lenusya's walls had held, burning the gates did nothing like the town itself was hell-bent to repel them. The noble houses lost another dozen retainers and thrice that was wounded again. However what irritated him most was his ronin was gone as soon as the battle was called off for the night. He didn't send anyone after him, he knew the man lived by his own code and nothing Hawk could say would deter him.

"He's on his own..." He mumbled in annoyance.

He looked out across the open ground, at the ominous glow coming from the walls of Lenusya. Listening for the sound of music on the wind again tonight. The same sad tune that pervade the air around the dead town...


Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

Turning her head to look at Tidus, a glimmer of a smile flashes across Rhavenna's features along with a genuine heartfelt flicker of something deeper. "I can't begin to tell you what that means to me." she says, holding eye contact for more than a moment.

"We need to make it out of here though, Hawk and the others are counting on me, and from the sounds of it, they'll need our help......there's no one I'd rather have with me."

Deep down she knew that even though Hawk would forbid it, and rightfully so, there were members of her company that would be looking for her if at all possible, or at least keeping an eye put for any sign of her.


"Spiders..." THe elven man grunts as he sets the tail down, obviously overhearing your talk of leaving at least. "Just remember them, they are tricky and trapdoor spiders are known in the warren of ridges here. Those are the worst for someone of your size. So you'll need..."

He moves behind the copper dragon, rummaging around with an unseen chest or boxes before reappearing. He was holding a plain grey cloak. "... This, this will allow you move more unseen through the area. If you can ambush one and kill it quickly, do so. That way it can't hunt you later. It isn't rare that the Creeping Darkness seeks food in the forest nearby."

Cloak of Elven Kind:

These cloaks of famed elven design are enhanced to reflect the wearer’s surroundings, aiding him in blending in with any terrain.

When this plain gray cloak is worn with the hood drawn up around the head, the wearer gains a +5 competence bonus on Stealth checks.

He hands it over to you and gives Tidus one last lingering look, a significantly worrisome one. Which Tidus returns with an equal amount of levelness. Finally, the Elven man sighs. "Best of luck too you... Both, if you return here. Light a fire on the ridge east of here, it's black as obsidian and is easy to find."


Leaving the Fallen Dragon Refuge
The Fallen Dragonrider, Aslan, and Tidus have gathered at the secured stone doorway. Each quiet and mentally prepared as the Dragonrider slips the bars holding the stone doorway in place. Once he had, he nods to you all and pulls it open. What greets you is shocking...

Immediately outside the cave is the open area you had passed through to reach it and there, at its center were the bones of a centaur. Picked clean of every bit of flesh, muscle and even parts of its bones were broken. Possibly from injuries incurred during a struggle.Around it lay bits of its armor which was in small pieces around it.

The Dragonrider waits for you all to clear before closing the doorway behind you. Before he does he gives you some advice to aid in your travels. "Head east until you find the old road, then follow that north until you reach Lenusya. Move quickly now."


Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

"Thank you, for everything." Rhavenna says to the Dragonrider as they part ways. As he closes the doorway, she takes a last look at the picked bones of the fallen centaur, trying to suppress a shudder.

"Well, we should definitely get as far as we can while it's still daylight. " she says to her companions. "We might make better time if you ride on may back Tidus." she suggests, hoping it wouldn't injure his pride. She knew that Aslan could move faster than a normal human, though not quite as fast as she could.


Flu knocked me out for a bit, back online!

Tidus hesitates momentarily before adjusting his swords before nimbly jumping up unto your back. He slides up behind your human-like torso and wraps his strong arms around your waist. "I don't mind not having to walk. So lead the way, Boss." He adds the last part in a sly joking way.

Aslan grimaces before nodding in agreement. "Be glad she's willing to let ya ride her, short legs. This is why normal folk can't compare to us thoroughbreds." Aslan flexes her inhuman muscles, despite being stuck between forms her Bear-Human Hybrid form had its advantages.

Tidus grunts at Aslan's jabbing before asking the most obvious question. "So we heading east or taking the maze of crags and hills?"

Since you are trained in Survival you automatically can tell were True North lies. Up to you which direction you decide to take. From where you are you have a while to get to the road and quite a ways to Lenusya.


Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

Rhavenna smiles as Tidus settles on her back, shaking her head at Aslan's jabs. Besides, what she'd said was true. They would make faster time if Tidus rode, the fact that she enjoyed the feel of is arms around her waist was....incidental.

Forcing herself to focus she considers the best course of action. "Probably best to follow his directions, at least for now." she says turning towards the east. "Hold on tight." she says with a smile, before beginning to move, first at a canter, then a run to the east, seeking to cover as much ground as possible.

Hope you feel better


DM Screen:

1d100 ⇒ 6
1d100 ⇒ 47
3d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 2) = 9
Stirges Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Rhavenna Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Tidus Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Aslan Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 20

1d100 ⇒ 78
1d100 ⇒ 34
1d100 ⇒ 46
1d100 ⇒ 97
1d100 ⇒ 86
1d100 ⇒ 90
1d100 ⇒ 6
Human Raiders: 3d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 3) = 6
Centuar Captive: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

1d100 ⇒ 39

With the moon hanging above your heads it lit the way thankfully which, with Rhavenna and Aslan's speed the travel was quicker. Tidus, of course, held on tightly to Rhavenna's waist in an attempt to not bruise her equine backside with the swift pace. His boots tap Rhavenna's sides every now and again, more from the jarring then purposefully if confronted Tidus gives an apologetic look as the hours of travel wear him down.

The maze-like crags and low hills were tough to traverse at first, especially in the dark like it was, but thankfully the darkness worked out to the group's advantage. Because a few miles into their travels was when the buzzing of a small swarm of Stirges, nine of the flying insects with their sharp proboscis and buzzing wings flew just overhead and luckily the flying blood-sucking pests didn't notice the group. Who had taken refuge among the crags rocky hollows.

After that several miles passed by in a flash of clattering hooves, thumping boots and far mor rapid breaths. The combined survival knowledge of the group was enough not to get hopelessly lost among the barren and trackless landscape and though it cost them some traveling distance without a proper trail. Despite that, they passed by the obsidian rock that the dragonrider had spoken of on their way of out the caves long before the sun started to rise on the horizon.

However scenes of carnage and combat were visible every now and again. Smashed and cut carapaces of large spiders littered some of the crags, their weapons slashed and their eggs crushed under what appeared to be a dozen hooves. One such scene was that of a trapdoor spider, that had been right in the groups way, that was apparently speared and dragged from it slair by the location of its injuries. Though it appeared to have died quickly and brutally...

A few more hours pass and with the sun on the horizon, the group broke free of the crags and onto the low Hills of the Nomen and plains which made travel easier. It was shortly after reaching these lowlands that the group spotted another possible threat at a fair distance away. Tidus pointing it out to Aslan and Rhavenna...

In the distance you spied what looked to be six humanoids who had lashed and bound two centaurs between them, these centaurs were around the size of an older and a younger foal. The foals were not only bound but a rough looking sack was pulled over and tied around their heads as the humanoids led them away from the plains and headed east towards a distant and forboding forest.

It appeared that the Humanoids and their captives had just passed over the ancient road you were searching for before you spotted them. But they were steadily making their way away from you as you watched them progress...

Aslan grunts, surveying the land before saying. "Let's kill'em, never liked meat traders. Bloody Cowards all." She spits on the ground in disgust.

Tidus being level-headed leans over to say quietly in Rhavenna's ear, since he was still seated on her equine back. "Could be a trap... More we didn't see and were running a little ragged here." Despite riding on Rhavenna, Tidus was more tuckered out from trying to not fly off her during the swift travel.

Aslan grunts. "Just keep clinging to her if ya tired little ole' Tidy-Whitey, we'll take care of the big scary Raiders for ya." She was all smiles at trying to put Tidus down.

In response Tidus sighs muttering. "Sure and let you get all the glory. Assland."

Distance traveled <30 miles, Party Condition: Fatigued (Lack of Sleep coupled with Travel), Time Passed six hours, Current Time 5~6 AM


Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

Despite the dire circumstances, or perhaps because of them, Rhavenna couldn't hep grinning at Tidus' response to Aslan's constant baiting taunts. He was right about them running a but ragged. She and Aslan had been running to cover as much ground as possible for the better part of the day, and she could tell that Tidus was tired, his weight a little more slumped on her back, his arms having to hold on a bit more tightly, not that she minded.

"You're right, it could very well be a trap, and we're pretty damn tired......" she says softly, turning her head to make eye contact. "But Aslan's right that these bastards are up to nothing good, and if we walk away from this, we're sentencing those two to the death of a cold callous world that doesn't give a damn."


Ugh! Back and here we go!

Tidus nods and looks at you both. "So whats the plan? Charge in from behind and take as many as we can down with a surprise attack?"

Aslan smiles. "I like that plan."

Tidus grimaces as he joking replies. "You would." Before looking back at the slowly retreating forms some distance away. "If they make it to the woods we'll be at a disadvantage. If we take them in the open they can group up on us as well. I think the best bet is to sneak up on them and hit them from behind hard. No prisoners type of hit because if we show an ounce of mercy we'll get a pound of steel in the guts..." His tone is bitter and experianced.


Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

"Agreed," Rhavenna says drawing her bow. "Let's move in."


Spoiler:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

1d20 ⇒ 17
1d20 ⇒ 15
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

Surprise round

Despite the distance, despite moving far quicker than normally safe to do so...

The group manages to close the distance before the human raiders were able to reach the forest. This far across the plains though meant more obstacles such as deep cuts in the hills from slow flowing but deep rivers. There were also a few trees interspersed in the area but where your small party chooses to ambush the raiders is right as they leave what little cover there was and started crossing an old stone bridge. With the bridge and close quarters, their sole advantage was turned into a disadvantage. Leaving only a need to reduce their numbers.

Closing in unseen and still astride Rhavenna's generous back. Tidus draws out his Bow of Ashes and takes aim with one of his arrows at a man in the rear. The shot couldn't have been made more easily, he waits long enough for each of you to get ready before releasing his arrow.

Spoiler:

1d20 ⇒ 7
1d8 + 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + (1) + (2, 6) = 10

Tidus's surprise attack drops one of the man in the rear, who doesn't even give a cry as he collapses into the worn stone of the bridge.

Aslan, with a battle cry, breaks cover and moves towards the raiders with her large runic blade in hand. The fierce smile on her face enough to make anyone rethink standing against the crazed larger warrior.

Rhavenna... You are currently in a surprise round, Tidus is still mounted unless you want him to dismount prior to engaging. It won't affect the start of the fight in any way. Once you determine your action please Roll Initiative!

Map coming in the AM. Getting some rest before discharge in the morning. Woo!


Ambushing the Raiders!

Map is up!


Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

Quickly firing off a shot at the raider holding the lead rope, Rhavenna stows her bow as she prepaers to race to the children's defense.

"Hold on tight", she says looking over her shoulder at Tidus as she readies herself to run.

Longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 +1 cold

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Keeps eating my posts darn it...

DM Rolls:

5d20 ⇒ (9, 17, 16, 4, 16) = 62

9 Slaver #2
17 Slaver #3
16 Lead rope #4
4 Sub #5
16 Lead #6

2d20 ⇒ (2, 7) = 9

2 - Aslan
7 - Tidus

The groups surprise attack elicit's shouts of surprise as one of the raiders own slumps to the earth. Tidus's ashen arrow crumbling to dust in their back.

The one in the rear turns to take Aslan's charge with obvious dismay on their face as the mountain-sized woman barrels down on them...

The one with the lead rope ducks behind the ancient stones and Rhavenna's arrow glances off as the three lead raiders turn to assess the situation.

With the River running underfoot the two sides begin to face off. However, the Raiders don't appear to stop moving, though the young centaurs appear to be struggling with their captor's. Pulling on their lead and trying to break free.

Stabilization?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Initiative Order
Teal - 5ft step back, FRA Full Defense
Purple
Red
Tidus
Dark Blue
Rhavenna
Aslan
Dark Green
Light Green - Dying -1, Stable at end of the round, no longer dying.
Centaur Foals

The raider (Teal) steps back, abandoning (light green) his fallen companion so as to line up with (Dark Blue those still on their feet and forming a block on the bridge to stop Aslan. He raises a metal shield and readies himself to repel the larger woman. Once Aslan was on the bridge she would be the only one who could fit while the Raiders held that defensive line.

The one in the lead (Purple) turns, pulling back her hood and revealing a scarred face. She looks absolutely furious and pulls out a white curved blade from underneath her cloak.

Spoiler:

1d20 ⇒ 14
1d8 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (2) = 14

Taking up your missed shot Tidus takes hold of his Ashen bow and summons up another arrow from nothingness. He takes aim at the one holding the lead ropes and hits him in the shoulder. The arrow flares to life singing the man and visibly leaving him staggering away. Though struggling with the centaur youths is becoming harder now that he is injured.

Lining up with his companion in the rear and in the middle of the bridge, the (Dark Blue) Raider uses his metal shield and stands in a defensive way like his companion. Both ready to receive Aslan's attack. Neither looks at their fallen companion at all as they ready to face the Mountain woman.

Aslan moves towards the raiders until she is standing on the chest of the fallen, she roars in their faces completely unafraid of the danger as she bears her large runic greatsword in hand and swings at the enemy. Hoping to cleave them in twain!

Aslan:

1d20 ⇒ 15
3d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5, 6) + 5 + 1 = 19

Despite their defensive stances, Aslan's strength and skill with a blade are far more superior. The Dark Blue Raiders shield doesn't even soften the blow as her longer blade cleaves into the man's shoulder. Slashes down his chest and sends him to the ground in a heap, spraying blood as he falls.

His companion gives out a shriek as another companion falls...

Map updated!
Rhavenna is up!


Dark Blue Stabilization - Success - Stabilizaded -3 HP
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

Cant move on the map


Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

Firing another quick shot at the man holding the lead rope, Rhavenna moves to the path, stowing her bow and drawing her lance in preparation for a charge.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
1 cold

Moving onto the path to line up a charge next round.


Doh, I'll fix the map once I'm off work in a few hours.

1,301 to 1,330 of 1,330 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iobaria: The Fallen Empire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.