Into Unknown Shadows

Game Master Mowque


451 to 500 of 3,475 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

Shalina takes off through the holy door, back into the cavern. She pauses only slightly to make sure that she's being followed.

She then runs towards the dwarf door in order to get the attention of the rust monsters, hoping that the metal the kobolds carried attracted them. She dodges and weaves throughout the rocks, making it seem like she's heading for the cavern exit. At the last minute, she suddenly switches direction and heads back towards the holy door.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

She knows better than to look behind her to see who is still chasing her. She strains her ears to listen for footsteps but keeps her focus on the door. If she could get through it then hopefully she could jam it, as long as she was far enough ahead of her pursuers.


Shalina sprints into the cavern, light-footed as a deer. She dodges among the rocks and the old, moth-eaten treasure with uncanny grace. The kobolds follow after her, yelling and waving weapons. In a moment the rust monsters appear, attacking the kobolds and chasing Shalina too.

The kobolds are soon surrounded in the middle of the cavern, shouting curses at the monsters and at the retreating bard. More then a few sling stones are shot toward her, but she manages to dodge them.

She makes the holy door with the lizards still beset and trapped, in a circle, trying to fend off the insectoids.


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

Can she tell how many actually followed her? She's totally expecting the new leader to have waited in the other cavern. Hopefully Tekk didn't take off too far :)

Shalina dashes through the holy door back to where she started, slamming the door behind her. As she steps into the room she swings her crossbow around, prepared to shoot at anyone waiting for her.


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

If no one is waiting, she'll take off in the direction that Tekk went.


Most of the kobolds followed Shalina out into the cavern and are not stuck, without much hope of survival. The few that remained seemed to follow Tekk.

Then, out of the shadows, Shalina is not surprised to see her old 'ally' appear. "Well." he hisses, "You have killed my tribe and my god." The kobold sounds very bitter.

'What am I to do now, in the desert?"


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

"I truly am sorry but you forced my hand. We all live with the consequences of our choices. Your choice to not let me leave peacefully is what killed your tribe, not me. Your choice to have me prove the priest a fraud is what killed your god, not me."

Knowing there was a chance that her words would provoke the kobold into a fight she didn't want, she quickly added, "I came across other kobolds in the desert. Maybe you can find them and become their leader. They seemed to be a different tribe than yours. Maybe they know where to find your dragon. There aren't any bones in that cavern so he must have left."


The kobold laughs bitterly, "Those kobolds are those who wouldn't believe the dragon was alive. They were wiser then us, but we still believed so we drove them out, to die in the sun and sand." The kobold laughs, teeth flashing white.

'Would they take me? Why would they, take one in who had driven t em out with bites and kicks? be a leader? Ha, I'd be lucky to kept as a slave, as a servant." The kobold shakes his head, 'No, there is no hope. I die alone, in the grave of my ancestors."


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

"Obviously they have found shelter and food. You seem much more capable and cunning than the leader I encountered. It's possible that if you challenged him and won they would have to take you as their leader, no? He does have a staff of some sort but I don't think he knows how to use it properly."

"Of course you could always start a completely new life for yourself. If you travel to the city, there are always opportunities for those able to fight."


'Perhaps, perhaps." The kobold pauses then, "You'd let me go? Just free to leave, with no backstab?" The little reptile laughs then simply jumps up and skitters away into the rocky caverns he evidently knew so well.


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

"Of course you can go," she yells after him. "See how easy that was?" she mutters. "If only you had done the same."

Now that she was alone she makes sure the amulet is safe. "Right, now to find Tekk." She takes off in the direction she last saw him heading, hoping to catch up.


It takes hours of crossing and recrossing to avoid pits, any undead and other dangers of the pyramid. Despite her markings, it has been a long tiring adventure. The bard can feel her limbs getting lead heavy and her lids drooping. After this she'd need a long bath and some sleep.

Finally she finds her back outside, and sees the setting desert sun. It is a blood red disc on the horizon. Shalina looks around, getting her bearings.

Suddnely, as if opening a door, a figure appears out of thin air. It is humanoid but large, a bull of a man, if it was a man, with wide shoulders and thick chest. His rust colored robes catch the dying sunlight and absorb it like a sponge, The face is covered in blackness, no matter how the cowl faces.

"You have it?" It says, the voice cracked like a deep bell.


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

Shalina takes in inadvertent step back as the man appears. She recovers quickly and smiles, "That depends, by it you mean?"

Does anything about this man seem familiar? How does Shalina know that she gives the amulet to the right person?


Shalina has very little information to go on.

'Shalina Sekh-at." The figure says, not following her step. 'Your uncle is Namrut of Wati. You have an item of importance to us." The voice is still deep, rumbling. "Give it to me. Your quest has only just begun." An arm raises but the hand is covered by the reddish brown robe.


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

The archaeologist couldn't help but feel there was a veiled threat in there somewhere. Maybe it was her imagination but who really knew and she wasn't about to ask or refuse the shadowy stranger.

She slowly takes off the amulet and holds it out for the robed figure. She hoped he may reveal his hand or something else about himself when taking it from her.

"If my quest is only just beginning then where am I off to next? And for what?"


The hand is still covered by robe so she sees nothing. It appears to be humanoid though, and it soon clasps the cracked amulet to its chest.

"You seek the rest of this item. This is only but a part of a larger artifact." A pause then the voice intones, 'You will go to Manaket in Rahadoum. The Shifting Temple. Inside is our desire. Find it and be well rewarded."

As he says so a small bag appears at Shalina's feet. It is full of gold, probably 1,000 coins.

Then the figure vanishes without a sound or trace.

Later

She finds Tekk, and the paladin smiles at her. "Well, we lived! Barely, but we did. No trouble on the way out?"


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

Shalina was just about to ask some more questions about her new assignment when the robed man disappears. "Well that was the oddest encounter I've had since the earth elemental," she mutters. She picks up the bag of coin. "At least I have an investment for the next leg of the journey."

Later

"Trouble? Not really. Our friendly, backstabbing kobold was waiting for me - but that was expected. He seemed a little perturbed that I was alive and his tribe was not but after a few words, he took off. He seemed surprised that I would just let him go."

"Weirdness? Definitely. There was a shadowy, robed figure that appeared out of nowhere to claim the amulet that I was tasked to get. He gave me another assignment and told me that my quest was just beginning. Then he disappeared. It's like I'm living in one of the legends of old that I've read about in books."

"Shall we go back to your oasis and rest up?" As they walked she asked, "Do you actually have to stay at the oasis or are you free to leave? I need to go to Manaket and I could use the company."


Go ahead and level up. Don't forget the gestalt level of Barbarian!

'Shadowy figures? Bags of gold? Quests? How could I say no." The paladin laughs, more then a bit sunburned.

'I was exiled to the oasis for....a crime I did not commit. I have held it, with my oath for many years. But now...now I feel a change in the desert. I will accompany you." Then he grins, "You are the most fun I'd had in years!"

Want to skip ahead to Manaket or do you want to do some traveling?


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

The bard returns Tekk's grin. "Wow, a laugh and a smile. Careful or it'll go to my head."

"I'm glad you're going to come with me. I definitely feel safer around you. If you don't mind me asking, if you were exiled for something you didn't do then why stay at the oasis?"

We can skip to Manaket. Will her barbarian powers emerge at the oasis or do you have something else planned?


Tekk's smile fades away. "Because of a crime I did commit." He doesn't offer any more information on the subject.

The next few weeks they spent a great deal of time together. First the oasis, then the long trek tot he coast, then a ship to take the long voyage to Rahadoum. Rahadoum, the atheist land of the godless was a place Tekk was nervous about visiting. It seemed to not be a land for paladins.

To ease his tension he taught Shalina swordplay, tricks of fighting and other skills. She took readily to it, so much so it surprised both of them. As nights went on the bard learned to tap into some previously hidden reserve for extra energy, speed and rage. Eventually, after much pondering and questions they found the source. The strange bracelet given to her by the elemental. However it worked, it did give the bard greater power and Tekk approved.

Finally, their ship came into Manaket, a rather prosperous trading city on the coast of the Inner Sea. Getting out onto the dock Tekk asks, now fully armored again.

"How do we go about this?" the hustle and bustle of the city around them is a far cry from the empty desert.


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

"The Shifting Temple is supposedly our next destination but I guess we try to find out some information about it first."

She smiles up at Tekk. "This is your first time out of the desert in a really long time. Is there anything you want to do?


Tekk shakdes his eyes, 'We haven't gotten very far out of it." Indeed, looking to the hills around Manaket, dry, rocky hills surround the city, seeming to encroach on every side. While the city has trees and plants, many seem to be wilting or already dead from a slowly approaching desert.

'Cursed by the gods, new and old." Tekk murmurs.


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

"For a man of faith, you really are a glass half empty kind of guy. I must say it's a little surprising. I know what will cheer you up, how about we go weapon shopping? I'm thinking my new found skills require a more substantial weapon. Don't you agree? We can pick up information about the Shifting Temple on the way."


Tekk just grunts at Shalina's jibe. It hadn't been easy for him to hide his religious symbols but it was against the law, penalty of death, to bring them in the nation. Shalina just hoped they wouldn't be thoroughly searched.

They move through the busy city streets, which throng with salesmen, shoppers, conmen, entertainers, children and thousands of others. After cutting through two markets and a bank, Shalina finds a few blacksmithies.

"What are you looking for?" Tekk says. "Axe? I've always been partial to a sword, myself. Perhaps a reach weapon?" His eyes scans the stalls with a practiced ease.


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

"I don't really know what I'm looking for. That's why I have you...to give me advice. Sword sounds good but so does a reach weapon. If I did choose a reach weapon, what would you suggest?"


Tekk shakes his head, "The user must decide, of course. Whatever fels right to the hand. but I would two weapons. A longspear, which can be used at a distance. Several times already I have been fighting a foe and having you be able to attack at the same time, without risking yourself, would be useful."

Tekk chuckles a bit, "Don't you think?"

Then he adds, "And a sword for your own protection if the foe gets too close to properly wield a spear. Or a falchion perhaps. It is two-handed but it deals carnage on the foe. Not sure if being two handed will mess with your spells?" The paladins asks, unsure himself.


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

"None of my spells are ones I would use offensively while fighting so a two handed weapon should be ok. A reach weapon requires two hands anyways, right?"

Shalina picks up a few weapons to test their balance. "So would you rather use a longspear or a glaive?"

"Let's see what they have for longswords as well as falchions and then I can make a decision once I know what's available."


This is a bit city, assume you can find just about any non-exotic weapon you want

"If they have a glaive, get it. As for longswords versus falchions, I prefer the long blade but most go with falchions." Tekk finds a few honest merchants and gets some fair prices.


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

"Alright it's settled then...glaive and longsword. Hopefully we can find masterwork quality."

appraise: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Nice rolls. get a masterwork glaive and longsowrd, take 20% off for the rolls


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

Nice!

Now that Shalina was newly armed, she realized that she was hungry. Figuring she had developed a decent rapport with the master blacksmith she was dealing with, she asked them where a good place was to have a meal considering they were relatively new to Manaket.


The smith, a swarthy Osrion man who has taken a liking to Shalina says, "Try the Black Sword" he says, pointing down the street. 'Take a left at the blue wagon selling parchment and you'll see it."

Assuming you go

The Black Sword is a big rambling building full of people. Tables spill out onto the sidewalk and street, clogging traffic. The food looks good though, with the scents of everything from bread to fish wafting through the stink of the city.

Tekk nods, "Let's go. Are we going to try and gather information?"


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

Shalina paid for the information with a smile. "Many thanks." She turned to leave and then stopped. "Do you happen to know where the Shifting Temple is as well?"

As they got close to the Black Sword, Shalina's stomach rumbled loudly when the smells reached her nose. "Gathering information is definitely on the list but my priority is food."

Since there is no gather information skill anymore, is it diplomacy or just a straight charisma roll for getting info?"


Either or. Or both!

The smith frowns at Shalina's question, 'Why do you want to go there? It is dangerous and, besides, against the law." he does give directions to the Temple, which is apparently on the western side of town, easy to get to.


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

Shalina looks genuinely surprised that her inquiry had caused the smith to frown. "It was just something I'd heard about. Now that I know it's dangerous, I'll stick with the Black Sword. Thanks for you help."


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

Do they have a library or city records somewhere that Shalina could get a look at? I'm beginning to get the feeling that gathering info on a temple that's against the law may make patrons at the Black Sword uncomfortable :)


The smith smiles and hurries to his next task. Asking around at the Black Sword, Shalina learns there is a library in the city. Mostly kept for magic users, it is open to the public for a steep fee.

The Wiseman's Aid is the name of it and Shalina gets good directions.


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

Shalina, now that she has a full stomach, is able to think about what to do next. The library was definitely a logical place to go to find information on the temple without arousing a lot of interest as to why she was curious. However, she had her doubts about whether Tekk would want to come with her. "Are you up to spending some time at the library with me or would you rather amuse yourself while I spend some quality time with some parchment?"


"It has been long since I have been in a city..." Tekk says, gazing at the streets full of people. 'It would do my heart good to see mankind again. Mind if I walk the streets?"


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

"Of course I don't mind." She gives him a wink, "Just don't get into any trouble."


Tekk looks at her gravely, 'the same for yourself. Who knows what you might run into, among your parchments and books."

With that warning he strides off, sword at his belt. Shalina hopes he doesn't get involved in a religious debate or something.

Shalina herself finds the Wiseman's Aid rather easily, a tall, narrow wooden building, looking like a weathered spike of driftwood. It has no windows or porches, just bare, dried wood, blown by the encroaching desert.

The doors are tightly closed and an old half-elf sits on the step reading a massive book.


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

"Yes, I have heard tales of papercuts of doom. I will be on my guard."

Shalina approaches the half-elf. "Excuse me. Are you who I need to speak to about gaining entry into Wiseman's Aid?"


The half-elf keeps reading for a long moment, then carefully closes his book. The eyes he turns on the bard are old and gray, face pale and worn.

"I would be the individual responsible, yes. Are you endeavoring to join our humble organization?"


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

"Do you allow those who don't live in Manaket to join your humble organization? And how, good sir, does one go about joining? Is there a membership fee?"


The half-elf lays the book on the stone step and stands up, peering at Shalina. "Outsider may join yes. We are only open to those who can master the arts of magic however. Do you have such skill?"

Then, 'Cast your most powerful spell. The more powerful you are, the less you have to pay to get in. Please show off for me." Then he smiles, slowly. "Please don't cast it on me, but someplace close bu."


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

Shalina smiles. "I do have magical talent which I would be more than willing to show to you." The bard hums a lively tune to channel her magic. Suddenly there are numerous copies of herself performing acrobatic tumbles before the half-elf.

Casting Mirror Image

number of images: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Not my best rolls but hopefully it's enough to 'show off' for him.


The half-elf smiles, and squints at the shapes. "Mirror Image?" he asks, still smiling. "Not bad, not bad! I enjoyed the tumbling. It has been a few years since I have done so myself." he laughs, a dry, but gentle laugh.

'Very well. It will be 500 gold coins to gain entry to the library. You will be free to come and go for an entire year."


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

Shalina bows. "I'm glad I could entertain. While I'm prepared to pay the fee, out of curiosity, would the amount be any different if I wouldn't be using it for a full year? I believe I'm only in town for a few weeks or so."


The half-elf sits back down, toying with his book. He'd obviously rather be reading. With a slight sigh he says, 'The fee is the same. We must be able to provide for our building and other costs. Not to mention keep out a certain..class of wizard."


Female Human Archaeologist/10; Elemental Kin/10 | 66/95 HP, 0/20 temp HPs; Active Conditions: 2xnegative levels | Rage = 20/23rounds; Archaeologist Luck = 4/6; Spells Left: 1st-6/6, 2nd-4/5, 3rd-2/3, 4th-1/1 | Mythic Power 5/7

Shalina digs in her bag for her coin. "Totally understandable. I just thought I'd ask." She separates out 500 gold coins. "Are there any instructions for me once I'm inside?"

Part of me is wary about handing over that much money to someone sitting outside a building. Although I guess he did know the spell she cast but he could a knowledgeable homeless guy :)


That is evil. I should have done it

The man glances over the coins then whispers a word to the doors, which spring open. Inside is a room packed from ceiling to floor with books. Large heavy tomes, wrapped in leather and clasped with gold locks, tattered old parchment brittle and peeling, soft lambskin, piled against the walls. A few constructs totter about, cleaning dust and tidying the books.

"No real instructions." the man says, 'What are you looking for? New spells perhaps? Tales of wizards of yesteryear?"

451 to 500 of 3,475 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Shadows- Solo Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.