Howl of the Carrion King

Game Master Ira kroll

First installment of the Legacy of Fire Adventure Path.

The Monastery

Loot spreadsheet

Saving Rombard

[ dice=Anaara Perception]1d20+2[/dice]
[ dice=Boramyr Perception]1d20+4[/dice]
[ dice=Morrigan Perception]1d20+1[/dice]
[ dice=Katenui Perception]1d20+2[/dice]


601 to 630 of 630 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Female Half-Orc Wizard 2 | HP 12/14 | AC 12 | Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | Darkvision 90 ft.

That ring would have come in handy before the fight. =)


Male (Blessings 3/3), (Sacred Weapon 1/1 round) Dwarf Warpriest 1 (HP 10/10), (AC15, T10, FF15),(CMB4, CMD14),((Save F4, R0, W6)+4 vs Spell, SLA, +2 Poison),Percept 5, Init 0

Yea that ring would have come in handy. would it be possible for someone to set up an excel sheet for the treasure found and distributed?

Know Rel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
percept: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Boramyr gathers up as many of his bolts as he can that were clear misses from yesterday.

Scarab Sages

Female Human (with distant Suli blood) Oracle(Spirit Guide)(Solar Mystery)/1 - [HP 17/17); AC19,T12,FF17; F+1,R+1,W+4; Per+2; Init +1]

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 <-- cannot make hearing checks

Kat watches as the others search the pugwampi nest.

Careful with search. I am sure more traps are here.


Macros Scenario 1-10 Slides

Boramyr notices that between the legs of the figure in the southern chamber is a secret door.


Male (Blessings 3/3), (Sacred Weapon 1/1 round) Dwarf Warpriest 1 (HP 10/10), (AC15, T10, FF15),(CMB4, CMD14),((Save F4, R0, W6)+4 vs Spell, SLA, +2 Poison),Percept 5, Init 0

They will be needing better stonework than this to hide it from a dwarf.

As he points out the secret door.


male Image human rogue 1
Spoiler:
HP: 10/10 | AC: 17; FF: 12; T:15 | Fort: +1; Ref: +6; Will: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4

Bahram scopes out the door, good eye there B-man, you want me to check it out?

perception: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 = 24 -- +4 more for canny observer


Male (Blessings 3/3), (Sacred Weapon 1/1 round) Dwarf Warpriest 1 (HP 10/10), (AC15, T10, FF15),(CMB4, CMD14),((Save F4, R0, W6)+4 vs Spell, SLA, +2 Poison),Percept 5, Init 0

If you would be so kind.


Macros Scenario 1-10 Slides

Sorry, I was waiting for someone to move past the door -- I will try not to delay as long.

Looming walls with no apparent doors enclose this small roofless garden. Monks must once have come here to relax and contemplate the ways of nature, but any order they might have brought to the place al those years ago is almost impossible to notice now, as a wild cacophony o f multicolored scrub plants and desert weed have almost completely overgrown the space.

You find another secret door to an octagonal room. This austere octagonal chamber has a tall roof and an aerie of leering gargoyles perched atop each point where a wall meets another wall. An unholy stench of rotting meat, dried blood, and animal excrement hangs heavy in the air, no doubt from the fine crust of gore, animal carcasses, matted leaves, and guano covering the floor.

Please place yourselves in the room and roll initiative.


Female Human HP 12/12 | AC 11 | FF 10 | T 11 | Per +3 | F: 2 | R: 3 | W: 4 | Init +3
Skills:
Know (arc, nat, planes, hist) +9 | Sense Mot +1 | Spell +9 | UMD +9
Witch 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Anaara takes up a guarded stance in the back of the room, near the door. Kevi jumps from her shoulders and begins to weave nervously around her feet. Yes, I know, baby. Even I can smell that.


Male (Blessings 3/3), (Sacred Weapon 1/1 round) Dwarf Warpriest 1 (HP 10/10), (AC15, T10, FF15),(CMB4, CMD14),((Save F4, R0, W6)+4 vs Spell, SLA, +2 Poison),Percept 5, Init 0

init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

Walking boldly into the room, Boramyr looks around while obviously not breathing through his nose while he loosens his axe for use.


Female Half-Orc Wizard 2 | HP 12/14 | AC 12 | Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | Darkvision 90 ft.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Scarab Sages

Female Human (with distant Suli blood) Oracle(Spirit Guide)(Solar Mystery)/1 - [HP 17/17); AC19,T12,FF17; F+1,R+1,W+4; Per+2; Init +1]

Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Slow and inattentive, that is Kat's motto.


Macros Scenario 1-10 Slides

Spoiler:
Anaara Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Boramyr Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Morrigan Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Katenui Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Creature Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

Creature initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d4 ⇒ 11d3 ⇒ 21d2 ⇒ 1

Out of the tower above your heads come three tiny creatures. One attacks Anaara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12. One attacks Boramyr: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18. One attacks Morrigan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13.

Each of them strikes at your exposed skin, and attaches itself to you. Each of you takes one CON damage as it sucks blood out of you.

Knowledge Arcana to know what they are


Boramyrn
Katenui
Morrigan
Anaara

Creature on Anaara
Creature on Boramyr
Creature on Morrigan

Everyone is up!


Female Half-Orc Wizard 2 | HP 12/14 | AC 12 | Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | Darkvision 90 ft.

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Morrigan grabs at the creature with both hands to yank it off her neck.
Bacon attempts to assist, leaping up and biting at the creature's wings.

Bacon's CMB to Aid Another: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11 Success.

Morrigan's CMB to Grapple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

"Get off me, foul creature! I'll send you to the Nine Hells myself."


Female Human HP 12/12 | AC 11 | FF 10 | T 11 | Per +3 | F: 2 | R: 3 | W: 4 | Init +3
Skills:
Know (arc, nat, planes, hist) +9 | Sense Mot +1 | Spell +9 | UMD +9
Witch 2

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Anaara winces in revulsion as the creature attaches itself to her. She attempts to grab it away from her neck, and Kevi, seeing Bacon's efforts, does her best to help as well, Anaara stooping and lowering her arm to give Kevi a better chance to reach.

Kevi's CMB to aid another: 1d20 ⇒ 2 Nope.
Anaara's CMB to grapple: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Aaand, nope.


Male (Blessings 3/3), (Sacred Weapon 1/1 round) Dwarf Warpriest 1 (HP 10/10), (AC15, T10, FF15),(CMB4, CMD14),((Save F4, R0, W6)+4 vs Spell, SLA, +2 Poison),Percept 5, Init 0

By all the gods

Boramyr attempts to knock the critter off the back of his neck by lunging backwards in an attempt to squash it against the wall.

Grapple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Get off you foul beast.


male Image human rogue 1
Spoiler:
HP: 10/10 | AC: 17; FF: 12; T:15 | Fort: +1; Ref: +6; Will: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4

Am I still included? I last posted a search for traps but then everything stopped. now I a gone?

init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

with the others occupied with these creatures, and Bahram not engaged, (at least not yet), Bahram runs to Anaara's aid first.

attack with Rapier: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
crit confirm?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
crit damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
sneak if possible: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Scarab Sages

Female Human (with distant Suli blood) Oracle(Spirit Guide)(Solar Mystery)/1 - [HP 17/17); AC19,T12,FF17; F+1,R+1,W+4; Per+2; Init +1]

Surprised by the sudden appearance of the flying things she has never seen before, Kat draws her mace and swings at one just ripped from the neck of her companions.

Attack-creature formerly on Morrigan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Confused by the creatures she asks:
What these?


Macros Scenario 1-10 Slides

Boramyrn slams into the wall of the room dislodging the creature from him

Bahram skillfully skewers the creature on Anaara. It falls to the floor - lifeless.

Katenui hits the creature on Morrigan, killing it.

Morrigan identifies the creatures as Stirges. As you know, they do blood drain when they attach. Normally, they carry disease and will be finished after draining a victim four or five times.

Anaara gets the remains of the creature off.

Creature on Anaara (dead)
Creature on Boramyr 1d5 ⇒ 3 flies over to Katenui 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 She takes one constitution damage.
Creature on Morrigan (dead)

Everyone is up!


Female Half-Orc Wizard 2 | HP 12/14 | AC 12 | Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | Darkvision 90 ft.

Morrigan draws her dagger and stabs at the remaining stirge...

Dagger: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

...And misses horribly. "Sorry Kate. I'm not trying to stab you in the face. I swear."


Male (Blessings 3/3), (Sacred Weapon 1/1 round) Dwarf Warpriest 1 (HP 10/10), (AC15, T10, FF15),(CMB4, CMD14),((Save F4, R0, W6)+4 vs Spell, SLA, +2 Poison),Percept 5, Init 0

Boramyr pulls his axe as he moves towards the front of Kate.

Kate, do not move
He then slashes his axe in a way to hit the critter but not Katenui.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Macros Scenario 1-10 Slides

Attempting to miss Katenui's face, Morrigan misses terribly, but Boramyr is able to kill the stirge with a single blow.

After the death of the final stirge, while looking around through the debris, you find 43 gp of loose coins, a bell (which detects as magic), and a fine silver bowl worth 75 gp.


Female Half-Orc Wizard 2 | HP 12/14 | AC 12 | Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | Darkvision 90 ft.

Detect magic and spellcraft to identify the bell.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

"It looks like we can continue west from here."


Macros Scenario 1-10 Slides

Morrigan is unable to determine exactly what the magical bell is. It does have a transmutation aura. You can try again 'tomorrow'.

Scarab Sages

Female Human (with distant Suli blood) Oracle(Spirit Guide)(Solar Mystery)/1 - [HP 17/17); AC19,T12,FF17; F+1,R+1,W+4; Per+2; Init +1]

After Morrigan finishes with the bell, Kat picks it up and quietly looks at it.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

She can also detect the magic of the item, but not much else.


Female Human HP 12/12 | AC 11 | FF 10 | T 11 | Per +3 | F: 2 | R: 3 | W: 4 | Init +3
Skills:
Know (arc, nat, planes, hist) +9 | Sense Mot +1 | Spell +9 | UMD +9
Witch 2

Anaara joins the others in looking over the curious bell; even Kevi takes a couple of curious sniffs. The magic of the bell is outside her experience, however, and she does not recognize the nature of any potential enchantments.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Male (Blessings 3/3), (Sacred Weapon 1/1 round) Dwarf Warpriest 1 (HP 10/10), (AC15, T10, FF15),(CMB4, CMD14),((Save F4, R0, W6)+4 vs Spell, SLA, +2 Poison),Percept 5, Init 0

May I see that for a minute

spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 CL6 item

I think I might have seen something like this before let me think


male Image human rogue 1
Spoiler:
HP: 10/10 | AC: 17; FF: 12; T:15 | Fort: +1; Ref: +6; Will: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4

Bahram is relieved that everyone is alright. (especially Kat) making sure she can see him, I'm glad you are alright. what do you have there?

Scarab Sages

Female Human (with distant Suli blood) Oracle(Spirit Guide)(Solar Mystery)/1 - [HP 17/17); AC19,T12,FF17; F+1,R+1,W+4; Per+2; Init +1]

Kat shrugs:
Don't know. Music is not what I am good with.


Male (Blessings 3/3), (Sacred Weapon 1/1 round) Dwarf Warpriest 1 (HP 10/10), (AC15, T10, FF15),(CMB4, CMD14),((Save F4, R0, W6)+4 vs Spell, SLA, +2 Poison),Percept 5, Init 0

Not completely sure, but I am sure it will come to me in a bit

601 to 630 of 630 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Introduction All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.